Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Best Eye Cream 2024

Help, DL! I’m 34 and although I don’t have wrinkles around my eyes, I have dark circles and just look generally tired all the time around my eyes.

Do you have any recommendations for eye cream that will actually work or can point me to a source with reviews based on actual scientific results versus a paid magazine ad?

I don’t really want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on something but at the same time I’m willing to spend money on something that will actually work. I tried a cheaper eye cream years ago made from banana and it didn’t actually do anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 14, 2024 9:28 PM

I recently spent $30 on this and it's not moisturizing enough.

I've been looking for a new eye cream since Neutrogena discontinued their Q10 stuff about 10 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2024 11:15 AM

Dark circles could be signs of an allergy. Otherwise go to a cosmetics counter and ask about concealer. You need one that matches the undertone of your skin so you don’t end up with white raccoon eyes like a certain contender.

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2024 11:19 AM

Eye creams are a scam, just use a regular moisturiser. Avoid anything hyping up caffeine, that's also a scam with no evidence to back it up (except in some very rare cases where a genetic condition is causing water retention in the under-eye area).

As always with skincare, nothing will cause miracles overnight. And if it does, it only means it chalk-full of microplastics that give off the temporary illusion of smoother skin. Use a moisturiser twice a day – *every single day* – for at least month, then report back. Ceramides, hyaluronic acid, panthenol... look for these ingredients, as high up on the ingredients list as possible.

Also, think about purchasing a collagen peptide powder. I started drinking it to help my joints because I'm a long-distance runner, and it rejuvenated my eye area in a month, it was kinda crazy the way it just erased my crow's feet. Collagen applied topically does nothing, however, so avoid those products.

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2024 11:19 AM

No eye cream is going to do anything for dark circles.

For moisturizing the eye area, I find Clinique's DDML (the yellow stuff) to be very good around the eyes. Under eye area stays hydrated all day. Get a travel size tube of the LOTION at Ulta for $7 to try it out. Not to be confused with the gel or jelly which also come in little travel size tubes, the gel isn't moisturizing, and the jelly is more expensive.

Also, any of the Kiehl's face moisturizers are great around the yes as well as their avocado eye cream.

by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2024 11:37 AM

Be careful of milia from using eye cream. It clogs your pores.

Just use moisturizer on your face.

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2024 11:41 AM

I second Kiehl’s… either the Age Defender Eye cream for regular moisturizing or the stuff that comes in an orange tube, I’m sorry I don’t remember the name, but it’s meant for dark eye bags.

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2024 11:48 AM

For everything skin related, always make sure you cover the big five

1. Drink plenty of water

2. Sleep more, sleep longer

3. Use sun block and/or avoid the sun

4. For the eye area: Wear sunglasses all year

5. Don't smoke at all, don't drink too much

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2024 11:57 AM

Clinique for men anti aging eye. No I'm not the Clinique troll! I also like Kiehl's. You need to get an spf 15 product too, to prevent more damage. Don't rub outward to apply the eye cream, rub inward and up.

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2024 11:57 AM

I’ll get flamed for this because it’s so expensive, but the eye concentrate by La Mer actually works on my dark circles. If you want to save money, Bluemercury runs a 20% off sale a couple of times a year on all of its products, including La Mer. You have to join their rewards program to get the discount, but it’s free and they don’t spam you too much. For drugstore options I think Olay is really good, but it never helped me with dark circles.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2024 11:57 AM

Malin + Goetz Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer. They also offer Vitamin E facial moisturizer but I've not used it; the tiniest bit of the B5 body stuff works remarkably well for me. A little pricey per tube (for me) but it lasts ages.

L'Oreal Hydra Energetic Daily Anti-Fatigue cream. A friend who hawks very expensive lotions, potions, and creams gave me some and insists it's the best. For me, it doesn't work as well as the above, but it does do work respectably well. And it's reasonably cheap.

by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2024 12:51 PM

How much does it cost R9? Are you male or female?

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2024 12:55 PM

Like $250 maybe? Very expensive. I go through two jars a year, bought in the Bluemercury sale. I’m male. I’ve been dipping into my grandmother, mom, and sister’s products as far back as I can remember, so I feel like I’ve tried pretty much everything. (In my opinion, do not bother with the other La Mer eye cream. It did nothing for me.) It used to be you could sweet talk a salesperson at the counter into giving you a free sample, but the last time I was actually in a Nordstrom I could barely find anyone working there.

I like the Malin + Goetz cream mentioned above, but I’ve never used it on my face. I think I had an eye cream sample from them once but I don’t remember being blown away by it.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2024 1:33 PM

You all don't look a day over 21, so what are you worried about?

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2024 1:35 PM

I don’t know about eye 👁 cream But I do know about the best ice cream –

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2024 1:50 PM

i don't have a clue but what about those eye patches?

by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2024 1:54 PM

Olay Advanced Eye Cream got rid of my bags.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2024 2:46 PM

Lady Nicholas Fairford highly recommends..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2024 2:57 PM

OMG, r17. Who is that beautiful man getting splooged upon?

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2024 3:25 PM

Another vote for Kiehl's.......and stay hydrated.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2024 3:55 PM

Thank you all for you responses. I think I’m going to go by Ulta and pick up Kiehls. The Roc equivalent just doesn’t look like it does anything.

by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2024 3:58 PM

[quote]I have dark circles and just look generally tired all the time around my eyes.

DL taught me that this is called having “asshole eyes”.

by Anonymousreply 21January 31, 2024 4:20 PM

which one did you buy?

by Anonymousreply 22February 10, 2024 7:24 PM

Hi uglies. I am 44 and pass for 7-8 years old in good lighting.

I know you want to be like me- so here is your chance!!!

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 7:41 PM

This is how i do it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 7:42 PM

I am not into jar anything for the face- but I tend to like the jar'ed eye creams.

Get something in a tube or pump if you can--

However this shit is also really great and you can get for 30%-40% off or more during sales-

The kiehls site just brought up a 25% coupon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 7:50 PM

I haven't had a decent night's sleep in 40 years. I look it.

Any specific suggestions to counteract that very tired eyes look? I'm already old enough and I'd rather not look any older than I'm predisposed to.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 8:01 PM

Other than surgery, you probably need something that tightens the eye area- google that! cream tightened eye area

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 8:04 PM

I used to be a bossy shop bottom cosmetics sales bitch. Worked for Estée Lauder and Clarins many years ago. Clarins Double Serum Eye works the best out all the ones I’ve tried for darkness and fine lines, but getting enough sleep and not drinking too much are key.

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 8:10 PM

Strivectin - Peptight 360 Degrees Tightening Eye Serum.

I use this daily and really notice a difference in the look and appearance of under eye puffiness and any dark circles. I like the metal applicator too. It literally helps depuff by pushing fluid from under your eyes out to each side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 8:12 PM

[quote] And if it does, it only means it chalk-full of microplastics that give off the temporary illusion of smoother skin

[quote] I am not into jar anything for the face- but I tend to like the jar'ed eye creams.

Chock-full.

Jarred.

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 8:28 PM

FUCK me!!!! I wrote JARRED and said this cannot be right and then said fuck it - jar'ed.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 8:38 PM

I spread Strivectin on my lady potato and made it as tight as a drum!!!!!

Highly recommended!

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2024 8:44 PM

R9 If you want to try La Mer concentrate just to see if it works, you can also find less expensive travel sizes of it. I think you're supposed to be able to tell if it's doing anything for you after 21 days.

Amazon has a La Mer The Eye Concentrate .17oz / 5mL Deluxe Travel Size New Formula for $38.

You can find a smaller travel size (tube) at Walmart online for $16.95, but I'm thinking that size wouldn't last 21 days. (La Mer The Eye Concentrate 3 ml/0.1 fl oz Travel Size Tube)

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2024 9:35 PM

"chalk-full"

Oh dear. It's "chock full."

by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2024 9:41 PM

Rentin A. Thread Closed

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2024 9:46 PM

I use Retin- A , R35 very little wrinkles, but I do now have hollows. SPF every day.

I recommended Kiehls and Kjaer Weiss above, and did not want to mention this one-

But I do dig the La Mer Eye Concentrate. R33. The green stuff in the green jar. It is so expensive but i think it is awesome.

I use it twice a week and keep it in the fridge because it is so expensive. I actually wipe the wand with rubbing alcohol, to try to keep the shitty jar contents not destroyed.

Costco has the best price- or Saks around thanksgiving-

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2024 9:52 PM

I've been using this regularly and I have to say wrinkles in my eye area have been very slow to develop. Recommended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2024 10:03 PM

Preparation H.

And I don’t look a day over 8.

by Anonymousreply 38February 10, 2024 10:25 PM

what about eye make up remover? best one and doesn't fuck up your fragile eye area.

by Anonymousreply 39February 10, 2024 10:29 PM

I do not wear eyeliner, sir.

Chicks love that micellar water on Youtube!!! It starts with a B- Bio- something

by Anonymousreply 40February 10, 2024 10:34 PM

Vaseline

by Anonymousreply 41February 10, 2024 10:38 PM

R41 is right. I slug my Retin A with Vaseline.

by Anonymousreply 42February 10, 2024 10:48 PM

If Trump decided to suspend the Constitution, who exactly would stop him? Republicans? That's a laugh. He'll pack the DOJ and Pentagon with his flunkies. Democracy will die under Trump.

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2024 10:55 PM

R43- we are clearly both splitting time between eye care and the should Biden continue to run thread!

I am being called a Russian Troll.

La Mer Concentrate-

Retin-A-

and Trump is gonna win! Biden is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2024 11:00 PM

R28 if you are still around, what’s up with Clarins constantly changing the formulas? I stopped using them because each reworking was worse than three one before.

by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2024 11:24 PM

I’m here R45. I’m not sure what the latest reformulations are about but I assume it’s either cost of ingredients or they found a new, unique ingredient they think is better. Clarins tend to miraculously find new miracle plant derivatives every few years.

Back in the 90s when I worked for them, they reformulated the original Double Serum because the oil based half contained placenta extract and they copped a whole lot of flack about it.

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2024 11:51 PM

Thanks, R28 R46. I used to love the firming eye cream, but the new formulation is not great.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2024 12:09 AM

[quote]Clarins Double Serum Eye works the best out all the ones I’ve tried for darkness and fine lines, but getting enough sleep and not drinking too much are key.

In other words - getting enough sleep, drinking lots of water and not drinking too much alcohol are key. Not expensive creams and potions.

by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2024 12:43 AM

I read an article that said vitamin k helps.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2024 1:06 AM

what about collagen supplements and powder? do those work?

by Anonymousreply 50March 30, 2024 9:42 PM

Ha. Ironically I take both Vitamin K2 and Collagen (I use Youtheory)

People tell me i look 35-36, I am 44.

But they probably lying.

I use Retin A and sunscreen as well (since I was about 29-30)

by Anonymousreply 51March 30, 2024 9:49 PM

^^Are.

Jesus Christ. I type like a 10 year old.

by Anonymousreply 52March 30, 2024 9:50 PM

Sally’s Choice moisturizer and ROC u dear eye cream. Trust.

by Anonymousreply 53March 30, 2024 10:04 PM

i am taking vital proteins collagen peptides. My hair seems to be growing faster

by Anonymousreply 54March 30, 2024 11:06 PM

Eye cream notice - La Mer troll here. Bluemercury is having its summer sale. Instant 20% off the concentrate if you sign up for the rewards program.

by Anonymousreply 55June 14, 2024 1:47 AM

Image vitamin c eye gel

by Anonymousreply 56June 14, 2024 1:56 AM

R7 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 57June 14, 2024 2:00 AM

Strivectin pep-tight eye cream

by Anonymousreply 58June 14, 2024 2:01 AM

With regards to moisturizers and underage creams, my dermatologist told me "CeraVe makes everything you need. Don't waste your money on anything more expensive." But he also gave me a prescription for tretinoin (retinol).

by Anonymousreply 59June 14, 2024 4:13 AM

Don't put Retin A anywhere near your eyes, dummies. Your eyes will dry into little raisins

by Anonymousreply 60June 14, 2024 4:28 AM

It's all crap.

by Anonymousreply 61June 14, 2024 4:33 AM

R59 has to chime in with his Walmart guide to skin care every time a skincare thread pops up.

by Anonymousreply 62June 14, 2024 9:14 PM

I have morning and bedtime skin care routines, but for dark circles and puffy eyes I've had very good results with these products. All are part of my morning routine:

1.) Particle Face Cream for Men // 2.) The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Eye Serum // 3.) The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% EGCG

Little dabs of each of these products under the eyes goes a long way. You can buy Particle and The Ordinary products online directly from the manufacturers. Particle is also sold through Amazon and The Ordinary is available at Ulta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 14, 2024 9:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!