Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Richard Simmons coming out of hiding?

Ever since he broke his self-imposed silence to comment on the new Pauly Shore biopic he can’t stop tweeting and posting to Facebook. All on-brand inspirational comments, but he seems to be ramping up for a red carpet appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 3, 2024 1:33 AM

J’adore Missus Richard!

by Anonymousreply 1January 31, 2024 12:18 AM

If Richard steps back into the public eye, I hope it’s helpful for him. There were rumors he decided to live a private life because he was experiencing physical problems and couldn’t be “on” in the energetic way the public was used to seeing. Personally, I’d show my face if the alternate option was letting Pauly Shore’s portrayal of me going unchecked. No one wants to see Pauly Shore as Richard Simmons.

by Anonymousreply 2January 31, 2024 12:28 AM

Was he in hiding?

by Anonymousreply 3January 31, 2024 12:32 AM

R3, famously so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 31, 2024 12:37 AM

If he wasn't out, his song list sure outed him.

by Anonymousreply 5January 31, 2024 12:40 AM

Girl, good on you!

by Anonymousreply 6January 31, 2024 12:49 AM

I thought the portrayal was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 7January 31, 2024 12:53 AM

When I walked by Simmons house this morning, he was on his third floor outdoor balcony, as he sung:

"I've been in the wings too long,

That's all in the past.

Now I'm standing center- stage -

I've come home, at last ! "

by Anonymousreply 8January 31, 2024 1:28 AM

Dear lord his tweet sounds like something my Mom would tweet, if she was on Twitter. Thank goodness she’s a Luddite who suffers even more when she’s sober.

by Anonymousreply 9January 31, 2024 1:52 AM

R8, I’m assuming it played out like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 31, 2024 2:09 AM

Was “The Court Jester” nominated for an Academy Award? It was affecting, warm, winning…wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 11January 31, 2024 2:30 AM

I remember those aerobics classes at Luke's Disco. Anyone else? Pauly Shore sucks, though. Richard and everyone deserves better.

by Anonymousreply 12January 31, 2024 10:20 AM

People made fun of him? Well maybe it had to do with the clown antics he did every time he was booked on a show running up and down with confetti and over the top 80's bright color workout clothes. Like a younger version of Rip Taylor.

Girl, you created that monster, now you are trying to say you were just being yourself?

by Anonymousreply 13January 31, 2024 10:37 AM

I cannot stand Pauly Shore. He'd better not make fun of Richard. He'll get a backlash he won't recover from.

by Anonymousreply 14January 31, 2024 11:19 AM

Don't tell him there's something womanly about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 31, 2024 11:29 AM

All of his responses have a dispassionate, GPT/AI- tinge to them.

by Anonymousreply 16January 31, 2024 12:29 PM

I would like him to release video to dispel it’s not AI GPT generated

by Anonymousreply 17January 31, 2024 12:30 PM

R10 What was that ? They make Richard Simmons look macho.

by Anonymousreply 18January 31, 2024 4:49 PM

All of his tweets are written by his long time assistant, Michelle. He only writes in all caps.

by Anonymousreply 19January 31, 2024 5:59 PM

Rumors are he has dementia. Its doubtful he will be making any public appearances. His final days are like Jack Lords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 31, 2024 6:08 PM

He could have come out about 4 decades ago but he chose not to even though it was painfully obvious such a QUEEN. For that I have no respect. He could have helped with Marriage Equality or the AIDS crisis but instead only helping himself by making money as a clown the breeders laughed at while he cried all the way to the bank.

by Anonymousreply 21February 1, 2024 1:37 AM

This is so sad. I'm crying over my Deal-A-Meal cards as I type.

by Anonymousreply 22February 1, 2024 2:41 AM

Stand in’ in the shadow too long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 1, 2024 2:42 AM

R23 Gurl you beat me to it!

by Anonymousreply 24February 1, 2024 3:01 AM

R24 We could have the same name. But I’ll be 61 in a month.

by Anonymousreply 25February 1, 2024 3:57 AM

Is he the guy with the jewfro in the track suit?

by Anonymousreply 26February 1, 2024 4:02 AM

On his outdoor balcony, I heard him belting...

"I'm COMING OUT of makeup...

The lights already burning

Not long until

The cameras will

Start turning..."

by Anonymousreply 27February 1, 2024 11:06 AM

How about, “Get Down On It” ?

by Anonymousreply 28February 1, 2024 11:31 AM

[quote]Is he the gay guy with the jewfro in shorts wearing tan pantyhose who says he's not gay?

There fixed it for you. More accurate.

by Anonymousreply 29February 3, 2024 1:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!