Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GRISELDA

Surprised no one is talking about how embarrassing Sofia Vergara is in this. This is a career ending performance. NETFLIX should have done an HBO Max and taken the tax write off!

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2024 8:43 AM

But shouldn't she get awards for uglying up?

by Anonymousreply 1January 28, 2024 10:19 AM

Career ending? The critics love it and are all praising her performance. It’s the #1 program on Netflix globally and currently has an 88% RT score.

I didn’t care much for it. I particularly don’t like the finale as I feel we deserved to see her true bloody ending after the carnage she unleashed on the world rather than this bitch sitting on a beach. But I can’t deny that it appears to be a positive development for Sofia Vergara’s career.

by Anonymousreply 2January 28, 2024 4:06 PM

I thought she was good in it, and in particular, she had a few of her “rally” speeches with the Cuban immigrants she recruited that were extremely well done. She did a great job showing how Griselda changed, she became drunk with power (and crack).

by Anonymousreply 3January 28, 2024 5:42 PM

I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 4January 29, 2024 12:32 AM

I want the actor who plays Dario in me, quite deeply

by Anonymousreply 5January 29, 2024 12:44 AM

Yeah, he was hot. So was the guy who played Ravi.

by Anonymousreply 6January 29, 2024 3:05 AM

His name was Rivi, and he was the hottest thing I’ve seen in forever. At first I listed for Dario, until I got to see more of Rivi. That actor is soooooo talented. In some ways, his acting reminded me of Billy from Stranger Things. I was born in ‘72, and Rivi looks exactly like I remember all the high schoolers when I was young — thin, lanky, wild-haired….and always glassy eyes. Sexy as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 29, 2024 3:11 AM

Dario to do a comp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 29, 2024 3:13 AM

More Rivi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 29, 2024 3:14 AM

Two more episodes to go. I’ll get back to you after.

by Anonymousreply 10February 2, 2024 7:37 AM

R2 R3 R4 (all same person?)

R7 R8 R9 (again, all the same sock?)

by Anonymousreply 11February 2, 2024 7:38 AM

No, R11. The fuck are you talking about? I’m R2 and I only posted once in here (twice after this). Why the fuck would I make a post saying I didn’t like it, and then two posts later say that I loved it?

by Anonymousreply 12February 2, 2024 12:36 PM

R11 is a douche.

Time to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 13February 2, 2024 1:32 PM

I wish I could get fucked by both consecutively. I would start with Dario then get finished off by Rivi.

by Anonymousreply 14February 2, 2024 3:35 PM

Her nose was distracting, especially in the profile shots. But overall she did her best. You've seen all of this before, but it was entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 15February 2, 2024 3:48 PM

I just wish they hadn't left so much out. They also really made Griselda out to be a victim of circumstance too much. She was a ruthless sociopath. I appreciate that they showed her crack addiction and making that couple fuck at gun point, along with her sexual trysts with women. This would've been much better spaced out over 10-12 episodes. It felt rushed.

by Anonymousreply 16February 2, 2024 4:40 PM

I was taken by her skin...she had a ton of makeup on and it looked like it... full sunlight and cracked and caked makeup making her skin look like sandpaper. It was curious, and I couldn't figure out that it was just feature of the character (a good thing) or just trying to make Vergara look younger (a mistake, it made her look ancient).

It was good cheap thrills... and the crack smoking was something added to the usual cocaine-Miami-cartel template.

by Anonymousreply 17February 2, 2024 4:49 PM

I’ve smoked crack before. Let’s just say that her technique using the glass stem was wanting…

by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2024 5:03 PM

Well, I just finished with the last episode. Sad ending. Felt rushed, indeed. There would have been so much more to explore. Of course, in the end she was nothing but a psychopath drug baroness.

Arturo.. :-((

Sophia’s performance was at times fantastic but she had very poorly written lines to work with.

3 out of 5 stars.

by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2024 12:08 AM

I made it through the first 15 minutes before I was too disgusted to keep on watching. Too many discrepancies that made no sense.

Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2024 12:13 AM

It had some remarkably strong moments, but it also felt very Ryan Murphy at times, and that is never a good thing.

R17 I was also looking at her skin. I pray to god it was a character thing because it constantly looked like a bad make-up job. Sophia is a beautiful woman, she doesn't need layers of pancake.

What was also odd is that in some scenes, Sophia showed formidable range, and in other scenes (especially the one where she was riling up her new recruits) she seemed like a fish out of water.

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote] I’ve smoked crack before. Let’s just say that her technique using the glass stem was wanting…

My little high achiever!

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2024 12:57 PM

Did they explain how she got in the desk?

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2024 1:07 PM

It was a good, not great limited series. Sofia's performance was a bit campy, but certainly no where near the embarrassment OP is suggesting. In fact, I think she was giving a very respectable performance that showcased significantly more range than she has in the past.

The writing and direction were uneven and they really overdid it sometimes -- like the whole cigarette "outlining" thing or the whole family watching The Godfather. Great costumes, makeup, hair and production design!

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2024 8:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!