Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

House ethics probe of Gaetz seeks information from DOJ and woman who allegedly had sex with congressman as a minor

The House Ethics Committee investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz has reached out to the woman whom the congressman allegedly had sexual relations with when she was a 17-year-old minor, according to a source familiar with the committee’s work.

The outreach, which has not previously been reported, is a sign that the GOP-led committee’s investigation into the Florida Republican has recently expanded to include questioning around allegations of sex crimes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 6:21 PM

Sources said the committee also has reached out to the Justice Department requesting materials from its investigation into Gaetz, which included allegations of lobbying violations, sex-trafficking and possible obstruction of justice. The federal probe, which also included allegations he had sex with a minor, concluded in 2023 with no charges brought against the congressman.

Gaetz has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing, including ever having sex with a minor or paying for sex.

“Those allegations were not true, have never been true, and the people who spread those lies have been exposed, indicted, and imprisoned,” Gaetz said in response to CNN Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2024 1:11 AM

The probe continues.

Where there's smoke...

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2024 1:12 AM

Must not be wearing his stage makeup in the pic above, looking a bit bloated and old

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2024 1:17 AM

If I had sex with Matt Gaetz, I wouldn't admit it -- even under oath.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2024 1:18 AM

I’d shove a hot sauce covered James Deen dildo up hi a$$ while a line of drag queens took turns rubbing their sweaty dicks on his upper lip.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2024 1:27 AM

*up his

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2024 1:27 AM

I still cannot fathom who'd fuck this guy for any reason under the sun.

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2024 1:28 AM

Banjo Pickin' Elvis in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2024 2:26 AM

So, the DOJ has all that evidence and just...let him get away with it? That figures. (Thanks, Garland.)

I'm glad someone else gives a damn about his crimes and is trying to do something about it.Get him the hell out of Congress!

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2024 2:38 AM

Will they probe Nestor?

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2024 1:49 AM

Who hasn't probed Nesto?

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2024 2:12 AM

Ha - meant Nestor.

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2024 2:12 AM

Based on that pic they should charge him with stealing Christmas

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2024 2:22 AM

This is a GOP chaired committee. Gaetz made enemies during the speakership battles and the knives are out. Cawthorne was dispatched quickly. Boebert probably wasn't getting money from their congressional election fund in her current district because she would lose. Santos finally cut loose. Is it Matty's turn?

Or am I misreading this? Are they going through the motions of doing a performative investigation and covering their bases before announcing his innocence?

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2024 2:28 AM

he's a terrible person

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2024 2:36 AM

He looks extra methy in Op’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2024 2:41 AM

David Pakman discusses the House investigation into the Gaetz underage sex trafficking allegations:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2024 7:26 AM

I'm really tired of people reaching out I wish they would just talk/interview or ask people. I hate all that reaching, especially across the aisle, it's just gross.

by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2024 12:06 PM

woman?

by Anonymousreply 19February 2, 2024 12:08 PM

He looks like he had some kind of botched procedure around the lips

by Anonymousreply 20February 2, 2024 12:40 PM

Joel Greenberg told the House ethics committee that he saw Gaetz have sex with a 17-year-old girl

by Anonymousreply 21February 9, 2024 9:29 PM

He is looking especially seedy lately.

by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2024 11:39 PM

^ Yep, very jowly

by Anonymousreply 23February 9, 2024 11:40 PM

He's always looked seedy or better yet, like an uglier version of the "Joker."

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 12:05 AM

He even looks evil

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 12:09 AM

Nothing is going to happen to this Maggot. We are too busy telling the world how old and decrepit Joe Biden is. Can’t wait to reinstall dump in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 12:41 AM

He looks like Donny Osmond's evil twin brother.

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 12:50 AM

Who will care for Poor Nestor when Gates goes to jail?

by Anonymousreply 28February 10, 2024 2:11 AM

He looks like Chandler Bing.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2024 2:23 AM

r28, I'll take him

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2024 2:24 AM

Nestor will be an empty nester.

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2024 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!