Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

American Nightmare on Netflix.

Holy shitballs. The docuseries is worth a watch, Only three episodes. Not to spoil it but the one thing I didn't understand was the kidnapper said it was supposed to be the other woman. How did he know about her?

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2024 12:49 AM

SO good. knew nothing about this. i loved the dude and the kidnapped girl the minute I saw them.

LOVE that sweetheart detective lady. LOVE!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1January 21, 2024 1:54 AM

OP: “Not to spoil it, but I’ll spoil it.”

by Anonymousreply 2January 21, 2024 1:58 AM

r2 that does not spoil it.

by Anonymousreply 3January 21, 2024 2:01 AM

R2 I was being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 4January 21, 2024 2:15 AM

I mean R3 .I’ll just stop.

by Anonymousreply 5January 21, 2024 2:17 AM

I have a friend who did legal work for the Vallejo PD. He quit due to the systemic racism and corruption. They’re truly one of the worst departments in the country. The moral rot runs so deep, I wouldn’t be surprised one or more of them were in on the kidnapping. Shocking to think they’re in the Bay Area, and not in rural Mississippi or Appalachia. If memory serves, they were doing things like bending their badges a notch for every black person they killed, and having cookouts to celebrate each other’s shootings. Horrific KKK style stuff.

by Anonymousreply 6January 21, 2024 2:36 AM

Anytime someone uses the word horrific you know they're lying.

by Anonymousreply 7January 21, 2024 2:46 AM

R7 Actually, no. Some of this is public record.

by Anonymousreply 8January 21, 2024 2:51 AM

I was riveted for all three episodes. That poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2024 4:16 AM

This truly was shocking. I couldn't resist binging all three episodes in one sitting. Spoilers below... I WARNED YOU...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S:

So, do we think someone else was involved (I thought that Denise and Aaron said there was more than one intruder in their house and, of course, Denise heard Muller arguing with others outside the cabin. I know the latter could have some alternative explanation -- an argument with neighbors or family members or something, but how to explain the other man/men that Denise and Aaron saw in their house??)

Why the fucking wet suit??

Is it too cheesy to think that the FBI who was dating Aaron's ex had some connection??

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2024 11:49 AM

This is all anyone could talk about at work today. True water cooler programming!

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2024 10:39 PM

Two things struck me-

First , composed Denise was throughout the ordeal and after.

Second-how much both of them have aged since it happened I know they have children but both of look like they’re in their late 40s, not early 40s.

There was a guy walking 10 steps behind her in the video of Denise walking up fo her father’s door. I kept thinking we would discover that was someone involved in this mess.

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2024 1:54 AM

R10 When Denise said "he told it was supposed his ex." that would lead me to believe it was not just a random kidnapping. He seemed to have a method and appeared to be some what a serial rapist with very extensive methods, so he could have researched and said that to her as some kind of psychological shit.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2024 5:30 PM

The interesting thing about the kidnapping mixup is, it strongly implies that he was seeing the other girl almost right up until the kidnapping. It’s obvious Muller was casing out that house, saw a pretty blonde going in there on multiple occasions, and the night he went in there, intended to take the other girl, not Denise.

I’m embarrassed to admit this but I thought the two of them were full of shit, just like the police did. So much of it was so farfetched. In the end, it all came together and I saw my error.

But I’m just some guy. The really amazing thing was how much the police jumped to conclusions and refused to do basic police work that might have helped free Denise before she was raped again.

Muller is such an oddball. He’s a filthy rapist, but he didn’t want to be one, so often couched his behavior in this reluctant rapist posture — a coping mechanism I guess.

There needs to be some way to hold the police accountable for the kind of appalling malpractice that is evident up and down the line except for that one spunky little female detective.

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2024 5:00 AM

[quote]r10 how to explain the other man/men that Denise and Aaron saw in their house??)

[bold]S P O I L E R[/bold]

. . .

The police said they found an inflatable doll dressed in all black in the trunk of the attacker’s car. Maybe he staged that in the couple’s room before he woke them, so they briefly glimpsed two figures?

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2024 5:15 AM

What a wild and messed up story

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2024 5:18 AM

I want this Aaron guy inside me, quite deeply

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2024 9:49 AM

just binged this... it does seem odd that they bring up the FBI guy's connection to the ex but nothing comes of it

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2024 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!