Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do often do you make your bed?

This super-important poll must be answered.

by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2024 5:19 AM

My Engrish do not good, tee hee hee

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2024 7:26 PM

If you get to a man's bedroom, and his bed is a sloppy, unkempt mess - Don't fuck him!

Because any man who won't take thirty seconds to tidy up his bed is surely a man who won't invest longer stretches of time cleaning other things that are important.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2024 7:49 PM

"Make" my bed - only when I change my sheets.

However, I tidy up almost daily. I only use a top sheet and down comforter in duvet, so it's a simple matter of pulling everything flat and folding it down at the top.

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2024 8:07 PM

Never. I wash my bedding every month or so, but I never really "make the bed."

My bff says my place looks like a straight man's.

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote] Because any man who won't take thirty seconds to tidy up his bed is surely a man who won't invest longer stretches of time cleaning other things that are important.

In the shower frequency thread, a poster said he showers when he has "sexy times" on the schedule. (Outside of "sexy times," the poster does not shower regularly.) People like that are only fooling themselves.

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2024 8:13 PM

Every day. It's a matter of self respect.

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2024 8:19 PM

[quote]Never. I wash my bedding every month or so, but I never really "make the bed."

[quote]My bff says my place looks like a straight man's.

Probably smells like a straight man's also if you're only washing your bedding "every month or so" which translated means more likely every two months.

by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2024 8:52 PM

Where's the option for "never"?

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2024 10:23 PM

I always feel better after, it's worth the daily 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2024 10:26 PM

r2 was toilet-trained by Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2024 10:28 PM

Bedding should be washed weekly at a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2024 11:12 PM

I read that the little microscopic creatures in your bedding like it when you make the bed. It keeps them warm.

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2024 2:19 AM

^ Dust mites love a neatly made bed!

by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2024 3:05 AM

I gather it's important for some of you to have a neat bedroom since you conduct your business in there.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2024 3:27 AM

Bed is made daily & washed weekly. Getting into a made bed is one of the most satisfying rituals. My dad was in the military & it's one of the lasting chores I cursed as a kid, but appreciate as an adult. Our bed is always nice & tidy.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2024 5:09 AM

WTF?! Is “Yes” supposed to be daily?

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2024 5:50 AM

For mental health purposes, I find it important to make my bed every single day. It just helps set a tone.

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2024 5:58 AM

You forgot “no.”

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2024 6:24 AM

No i pay someone else to do it.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2024 6:34 AM

I have actually read in the past year that you should leave the bed unmade, at least for an hour or so, because the otherwise you are trapping all the sweat and fluids from your body under the covers leaving an ideal environment for dust mites to proliferate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2024 9:36 AM

Other: Never.

by Anonymousreply 21January 21, 2024 11:13 AM

Every day.

I pull down the covers and open the windows a bit for an airing out in case the sheets got sweaty, then I close the window and put the bedding right, plump and flip the pillows, push the bed back into place if it has shifted a bit, and put any clothes away or take them to the laundry room. It takes 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 22January 21, 2024 12:09 PM

R22 I just KNOW you are a glorious bottom. The kind I adore.

by Anonymousreply 23January 21, 2024 5:11 PM

Make my bed every day. As a poster above commented, it’s a question of self-respect, and the first step toward pulling myself together to begin the day. Change to fresh sheets once a week.

by Anonymousreply 24January 21, 2024 5:22 PM

I make the bed every day, after turning the sheets and comforter down in order to air out the bed for an hour or so.

I wash and change the sheets at least once or sometimes twice a week.

Sheets get washed in hot water with Tide, OxyClean, 1/2 cup of bicarbonate of soda, and sometimes a splash of chlorine bleach. Every few washings I add 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the rinse water to freshen the sheets. I do not use fabric softener.

Guest room pillowcases are ironed with lavender water.

Here are the sheets I like to purchase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 21, 2024 5:32 PM

Sorry—the above link was for the pillowcases. Here’s the link for all heavyweight percale bed linens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 21, 2024 6:23 PM

R24, will you marry me?

by Anonymousreply 27January 21, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote] Guest room pillowcases are ironed with lavender water.

What now?

by Anonymousreply 28January 21, 2024 11:12 PM

Here you are, Darfur Orphan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2024 1:53 AM

Every morning except Sunday, which is my cheat day. I work remotely from my bedroom most weekdays. The space feels unprofessional and dirty with an unmade bed. I raise the shades, make the bed, and turn on my Scent Chips to freshen the air. I open the window if it's not freezing or roasting.

by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2024 1:54 AM

Almost every day. Occasionally if I don't sleep well on a Saturday or Sunday, I will leave it undone because I might decide to take a short nap in the afternoon, although I rarely do.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2024 1:59 AM

R30, is Scent Chips good?

What scents do you like?

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2024 2:12 AM

R 27: Sure, I’m single and looking.

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2024 3:11 AM

R27 I make my bed every day, am single, and the thickest parts of my body are my buttcheeks and my cut cock.

by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2024 4:01 AM

Everyday. I don't like wrinkles.

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2024 4:06 AM

[quote] Everyday. I don't like wrinkles.

I agree.

I keep a small spray bottle of water (sometimes scented) in the closet of each bedroom and when I’m making a bed I spray the duvet cover and the light dampness makes quick work of smoothing the wrinkles out.

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2024 6:05 AM

[quote] If you get to a man's bedroom, and his bed is a sloppy, unkempt mess - Don't fuck him!

r2 Oh hell no. You got it all wrong. The guy with the messy bed is the best fuck. You don't wanna fuck some guy who's afraid to get a little dirty. Sex should never be antiseptic. Oh yuck. How boring. I can tell you don't get laid often.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2024 6:12 AM

[R2] was toilet-trained by Joan Crawford.

r10 Thank you. r2 is a neurotic mess.🤣

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2024 6:15 AM

Fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2024 8:14 AM

R32, I love them and have been using them for nearly a decade. My favorite scents are Sunny Daze, Southern Nights, and Baby Powder.

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2024 8:51 AM

Love, love love a well made bed. Couldn't possibly leave home with it unmade. I learnt from my Mother I guess!!

by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2024 8:54 AM

"Yes" is not an answer to a "how often" question, Dora Dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2024 9:03 AM

R42, you're late; we’ve already established his dumbness several posts up. You must have been busy making your bed.

by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2024 11:43 AM

[quote] and Baby Powder.

r40 No Breeder's Powder, please. It creates a think layer of white dust allover the bedroom. I had a boyfriend who used it. Hell no, not in my bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2024 3:28 PM

^ ^ ^ "thick" don't think, duh

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2024 3:29 PM

In Germanic countries you are supposed to put your duvet on the sill of the open window. Said open window will air out the room and the unmade bed. Later you return and make the bed anew.

However, this custom requires a clean window sill, and rainy days are a no go. Still, I see this regularly, even in the dead of winter, in the dirty centre of cities.

by Anonymousreply 46January 22, 2024 3:40 PM

Apparently Germans have a strange obsession with open windows. Still venting rooms from open windows makes sense, even inside the city, since the air outside is almost always better than that inside a closed apartment.

by Anonymousreply 47January 22, 2024 9:28 PM

European cleaning styles, by nationality:

Germans obsess on the airing out process

Spaniards obsess on spotlessly mopped floors

Brits obsess on Hoovering

French maids obsess on (feather) dusting

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2024 7:39 AM

And Italians and Greeks? Impeccable anal hygiene.

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2024 1:15 PM

R49 And you know this by conducting the white glove test, or do you use your tongue?

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2024 9:31 PM

^ White glove, one hopes.

by Anonymousreply 51February 5, 2024 2:31 PM

TONGUE of course.

by Anonymousreply 52February 5, 2024 2:32 PM

Every day after wake/get up- all my life.

by Anonymousreply 53February 5, 2024 3:44 PM

I cannot get into a messy bed. My bed has to be made every morning the moment I get up. At night, maybe 30 minutes before I get in bed, I turn down my covers, and get my water glass and kleenex, and tums in case I need the, and a book to read, and get everything set. then, I go to bed. I read until I am about to doze off and then shut off the lights. It must be completely dark in my room. No night lights. Just blackness. That's my ritual even when I'm sick.

by Anonymousreply 54February 5, 2024 3:52 PM

My cat loves a well made bed. He won't go on it if it's not made and it's his favourite thing, rolling around in a freshly made bed, trilling happily. He waits for it, and It's how we say good morning to each other it seems.

by Anonymousreply 55February 5, 2024 4:10 PM

R55, Cosmo is the same way. He has his favorites spots at the bottom of the bed. Sometimes, he lays smack-dab in the middle so I need to make the bed.

I don't make the bed when I get up. I leave it unmade for about an hour and then I make it. I love walking into my bedroom and seeing the bed made. It makes the room look more put together.

by Anonymousreply 56February 5, 2024 4:18 PM

I once worked with a bunch of ex cops and I overheard one of them say "Look, I was NYC cop for 20 years, if you walk into a single guy's apartment and his bed is made, he's gay."

This lead to numerous jokes with my friends, "Do think that guy makes his bed?" "Honey, he irons his dust ruffles" or "He doesn't make his bed but once in a while he fluffs his pillows."

by Anonymousreply 57February 5, 2024 4:20 PM

My husband makes our bed every day. We have a Murphy bed.

by Anonymousreply 58February 5, 2024 4:20 PM

This poll is a disaster. The question makes no sense. Nor do the answers. If the question was supposed to be How often do you make your bed?, then how can Yes be an answer?

by Anonymousreply 59February 5, 2024 4:23 PM

I make my bed every morning AFTER I've let it air out for a bit with the covers/sheets pulled down while I make coffee/let the dogs out.

Wash sheets weekly in winter, twice a week in summer.

Single, live alone.

by Anonymousreply 60February 5, 2024 4:31 PM

R60 do you pee the bed??

by Anonymousreply 61February 5, 2024 4:33 PM

You are supposed to let the bed cool down from the heat of your body and ventilate it after you've slept in it all night, r61. I forgot to mention I also open the windows in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 62February 5, 2024 4:39 PM

Make? Bed?

by Anonymousreply 63February 5, 2024 5:16 PM

[quote] I pull down the covers and open the windows a bit for an airing out in case the sheets got sweaty, then I close the window and put the bedding right, plump and flip the pillows, push the bed back into place if it has shifted a bit, and put any clothes away or take them to the laundry room. It takes 5 minutes.

Having OCD really eats into your day.

by Anonymousreply 64February 5, 2024 5:24 PM

Anyone who thinks that R64 has OCD because he airs out his bedroom, fluffs his pillows, makes his bed, and brings worn clothing to the laundry room has never met me.

by Anonymousreply 65February 7, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote] I cannot get into a messy bed. My bed has to be made every morning the moment I get up. At night, maybe 30 minutes before I get in bed, I turn down my covers, and get my water glass and kleenex, and tums in case I need the, and a book to read, and get everything set. then, I go to bed. I read until I am about to doze off and then shut off the lights. It must be completely dark in my room. No night lights. Just blackness. That's my ritual even when I'm sick.

I like what you say, R54.

I make the bed every morning after I air out the room.

At night, I usually turn down the bed after cleaning up from dinner.

I also adjust the bedroom lighting, so that the beside lamps are low and the room looks inviting.

I turn on my heated mattress pad during the cold months and I turn on the air conditioning during the warm months.

Lastly, I make sure the bedside water glasses are full.

By the time we head to bed, the room is prepared for the night.

by Anonymousreply 66February 7, 2024 5:38 PM

It’s none of your business what I do within the walls of my domicile.

by Anonymousreply 67February 7, 2024 7:46 PM

What's a bed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68February 7, 2024 11:19 PM

Looks like a lot of you folks have unlimited supplies of water to wash your sheets weekly. Not everyone around the world has that luxury.

by Anonymousreply 69February 7, 2024 11:28 PM

R69 You forgot to sign your post as "DarfurOrphan."

by Anonymousreply 70February 7, 2024 11:57 PM

I make my bed every day! I change my sheets weekly and launder both the sheets and the duvet cover during the winter time. Daily I give my bed a light spray of Lysol focusing more on the pillows and the sheet area. My 😺 Trixie sleeps with me usually as she loves the heated mattress pad!

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2024 12:08 AM

I'm an eldergay. I sleep alone, I don't pee the bed, and I don't change my sheets weekly. I change them 2-3 times a month. This has been my practice for several years. I don't suffer any ill effects. I have a huge air purifier in my room and I wear clean pyjamas and I shower nightly. But I have to applaud everyone who enjoys making a sanctuary out of their bedroom. Making it conducive to relaxation and sleep. It is important to create an environment that makes you feel calm and secure. A good book, a water glass, good lighting, etc. all essential. I will add my bedroom is the coldest room in the house. I like it that way. I also have weighted blankets and 600 thread count sheets. I sleep with7 pillows. I love it.I actually look forward to going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2024 12:51 AM

[quote] Looks like a lot of you folks have unlimited supplies of water to wash your sheets weekly. Not everyone around the world has that luxury.

Thanks for sharing. What now?

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2024 1:03 PM

what location and what class of people can't have water to wash their bed linens every week?

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2024 9:34 PM

I wash my bed linens every weekend. I also sleep with 2 dogs.

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2024 9:39 PM

I make my bed every day. I just got a darling new bed set from Target so it inspires me to keep it looking as nice as possible of course. I wash my bed once a week on average, sometimes every two weeks if I'm not really sleeping much or staying in bed. I usually don't make my bed the day before washing since I'm going to tear it apart the next morning. Seems kind of silly in that way. I also give myself dispensation for not making my bed on Sundays if I don't want to. Sunday is a day of rest according to the religion I was raised on, so I take that to the MAX.

Showering every day is something I've decided I truly take pleasure in and no matter how bad my mental health gets, I shower. It's something that feels good and eases my mind.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2024 9:46 PM

How often do you make love?

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote] I just got a darling new bed set from Target

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2024 9:50 PM

Oh, go wash your Frette linens that are worth more than my entire mattress, R78.

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2024 9:52 PM

I'm not teasing you for getting your bet set from Target, r79.

I'm teasing you for using the word "darling."

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2024 9:53 PM

R80 Ohh my bad. My mother ruined me by using that word all the time. She deserves the MARY! more than myself.

by Anonymousreply 81February 8, 2024 9:56 PM

My wife makes the bed every day after we have coffee.

I just recently discovered sheets made with silver and they are wonderful if you sleep hot and I understand that they are also more hygienic than regular sheets.

by Anonymousreply 82February 8, 2024 9:59 PM

ElderLez, sterling—not plate—I hope.

Do they tarnish?

by Anonymousreply 83February 9, 2024 3:09 PM

R82 Is the bed as dead as they say?

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2024 3:10 PM

Silver leaches in to wash water thus waste water when you wash those abominations. Also it's not clear if it's safe to be breathing silver particles sleeping 8 hours on "silver" sheets every day.

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2024 3:22 PM

Interesting R85 about the environmental risks. It seems like that is still an open question. (Also why does Sweden seem to be the only country concerned?)

I’m not so worried about the theoretical health risk since it has to be balanced against the documented health risks of sleep deprivation and as R84 should be made aware, there comes a point in every middle aged woman’s life when she becomes really, really “hot in bed.”

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2024 4:43 PM

I don't think there's much environmental risk in terms of ingestion or even damaging sea critters. The biggest problem is that most waste-water is treated using bacteria to break down the waste into less harmful things before releasing into bodies of water, but silver nanoparticles are often toxic to bacteria (that's why they are used as anti-microbial agents for fire victims and other victims where wound sterilization is crucial.). It seems to me that that could be solved with some sort of chemical reaction at the site of waste water release into the holding ponds that would find some sort of chelating agent to drag the silver out of the wastewater before the bacteria could do their work . In any case, I think silver lined sheets will always be rare. Hospitals use silver to sterilize instruments, and the amount of silver they unload into wastewater is going to be exponentially higher than silver sheet users.

by Anonymousreply 87February 10, 2024 6:37 AM

Do you often shit your bed?

by Anonymousreply 88February 10, 2024 10:09 PM

How much cum is on the average bed bedsheets and for how long? Marital and non. As much as in hotel rooms?

by Anonymousreply 89February 10, 2024 10:19 PM

Do you make pee in your bed? It's a valid question. We have to think of our elderly subscribers...

by Anonymousreply 90February 12, 2024 1:16 AM

Get yourself a PureWick System®

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91February 12, 2024 1:19 AM

This lady makes her bed once every two weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 12, 2024 5:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!