Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jacob Elordi will be one of the biggest Actors of all time

Calling it now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2024 5:00 PM

At 6 foot 5 inches I believe you are correct OP. Most actors are short.

by Anonymousreply 1January 20, 2024 1:58 AM

If Teacack says it, you know it's a lie.

Honky.

by Anonymousreply 2January 20, 2024 2:02 AM

(snort of derision)

by Anonymousreply 3January 20, 2024 2:29 AM

Tea cake sucks

by Anonymousreply 4January 20, 2024 2:30 AM

Yes OP! unlike most actors , each role he plays is unique — not typecast . He has an unusual gift.

Recently on Jimmy Fallon. Seems down to earth now. I wish him well. Not easy dealing with insta fame and money so young . He is on SML sat., 1/20

by Anonymousreply 5January 20, 2024 2:50 AM

R4 Why not choose love?

by Anonymousreply 6January 20, 2024 3:02 AM

Nope

For one big very important reason

Elordi is putting himself everywhere this year, almost unrelentingly. His manager and agent, publicist etc. are probably telling him he's going to be a superstar if he just fits one more movie or magazine profile or fashion show into his schedule.

Neurodivergent people cannot do this. He is going to melt down. Probably this year. If he's lucky, it will not involve a drug or alcohol addiction. But he is setting himself up for it. Josh Hartnett, Wes Bentley, Garrett Hedlund, guarantee you all of them are neurodivergent. Kit Harrington just said this week he was. He melted down after Game of Thrones and became an alcoholic.

Many successful actors are probably neurodivergent, but they all have a few things in common. They will always be described as "publicity-shy", "extremely private", "notoriously private", or "reclusive"; and they tend to only come out and be "stars" when they have something to promote. Otherwise, they go back and live very quiet lives, aloof to Hollywood and its histrionics. If they did not live like this, they would collapse like a soufflé.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 20, 2024 3:31 AM

Bingo, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8January 20, 2024 3:41 AM

R7 STFU

by Anonymousreply 9January 20, 2024 3:41 AM

He has some Chalamet to his face.

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2024 3:42 AM

They are careful to photograph him so as to hide the pointy chin.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2024 4:04 AM

I think Paul Mescal is a much better actor

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2024 8:46 AM

he looks good at first but then look longer and he's actually a grotesque parody of an attractive man.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2024 9:02 AM

[quote]I think Paul Mescal is a much better actor

Agreed; and it I don't know if it was nerves or shyness, but he's not so stiff in interviews (think Cillian Murphyi) and now comes across as more charming and gregarious (think an early Fassy before he become Vassy and lost his spark). I don't have strong opinions about Elordi, but he seems a bit awkward in interviews, so I'll be interested to see how he handles more freeform environments like SNL

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2024 9:09 AM

Mescal, very likely neurodivergent, will be more successful because he is doing exactly what I said above; he has a thing to promote, he emerges like Mariah Carey at Christmas, does his thing, goes back in his burrow, you don’t hear about him for eight to twelve months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2024 12:04 PM

Neurodivergent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2024 12:08 PM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 17January 20, 2024 12:10 PM

[quote]Elordi is putting himself everywhere this year, almost unrelentingly. His manager and agent, publicist etc. are probably telling him he's going to be a superstar if he just fits one more movie or magazine profile or fashion show into his schedule.

Reminds me of Jude Law in 2004.

That year, he starred in I HEART HUCKABEES (bombed), ALFIE (bombed), CLOSER (hit), SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW (bombed), as well as being featured in THE AVIATOR (underperformed) and LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS (underperformed), which were ALL released in late 2004.

Needless to say, he was a mainstay at premieres, red carpets, and talk shows that fall/winter, plus the media was promoting him like hell to the point that comedians commented on it, including Chris Rock when he hosted the Oscars in early 2005.

He said something like, "Who is Jude Law? Why is he in every movie? You want Tom Cruise but all you can get is Jude Law?" 😂

I remember Sean Penn was offended for Jude Law and defended him when he accepted his Oscar for MYSTIC RIVER. 🤣

In the end, Jude Law never became a superstar, but not for lack of trying.

by Anonymousreply 18January 20, 2024 12:52 PM

[quote]That year, he starred in I HEART HUCKABEES (bombed), ALFIE (bombed), CLOSER (hit), SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW (bombed), as well as being featured in THE AVIATOR (underperformed) and LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS (underperformed), which were ALL released in late 2004.

"Closer" was his only hit, but that was seen as a 'Julia Roberts movie.'

by Anonymousreply 19January 20, 2024 1:13 PM

Another thread of the troll trying to be someone else and almost every comment being from him? WOW. The mental illness is crazy. He also claims to live in Rome now.

by Anonymousreply 20January 20, 2024 1:18 PM

r20, you’re confused.

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2024 1:31 PM

R20 is Davida Rochelle.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2024 1:45 PM

R21 I’m not. You keep doing this. It’s old and boring.

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2024 1:46 PM

STFU Davida.

Jude Law I think is more analogous to Colin Farrell, Ben Affleck or Tom Hiddleston, someone who simply wore out their welcome. Remember Elordi has not carried a big studio film yet. All those man were hired for big studio films, they bombed, and turned to directing, smaller roles or television.

Elordi right now is basically floating on a cushion of air called “buzz.” Where are the big roles? He said he was offered Superman but turned it down (as did Hartnett.) Everything he does is indie, it’s often very esoteric like the Paul Schroeder film O Canada where he plays a documentary filmmaker working with a former Vietnam conscientious objector, or the Narrow Road to Deep North, a miniseries about an Australian POW in WWII Burma.

There is very little rationale for him even being on SNL this week. He has nothing to promote. Saltburn was months ago.

He is being pushed by his people to do everything all at once. He is agreeing. The wheels are going to come off the bus.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2024 2:26 PM

R24 no. You’re an uneducated troll with no job who lives off his family. You have literally nothing of your own. You’re low life trash who posts on dl 24/7 and steals personality traits from strangers.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2024 2:28 PM

This thread is super weird. It's like it thinks it's a forum for psychoanalysts of sexy actors.

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2024 3:07 PM

R20 is upset because no one is paying attention to him.

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2024 4:41 PM

R27 no. I’m sick of you copying and mimicking other posters. It’s fucking weird. Not to mention you talk shit about Elordi on other threads. It’s in your posting history. Yet here you are with this thread pretending to be PML/JEL. Same shit you always do. It’s old.

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2024 4:54 PM

Is he out?

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2024 4:56 PM

He joins a long list of actors over the decades who were predicted to be big superstars and then weren't.

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2024 5:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!