Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

To all the Marijuana smokers out there which do you prefer? Sativa, Indica, or Hybrids?

I'm relatively new to this whole thing but I would like to start going to a dispensary regularly and I need to know which is right for me. Weed calms my social anxiety and I like smoking with friends. I also like to relax after a long day at work. Any suggestions? What works for you?

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2024 10:18 PM

The one someone is sharing.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2024 3:38 PM

Team Sativa

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2024 3:39 PM

In all honesty, I can't tell the difference. I have a remarkably low tolerance for pot products so 5 mg of anything gets me remarkably fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2024 3:39 PM

Indica is a “downer”. It will put you into-da-couch

Sativa is an “upper” and will make you act like Tigger

Hybrid is in the middle

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2024 3:40 PM

Sativa always.

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2024 3:40 PM

Yeah, if I want euphoria, it’s sativa all the way. Indica and hybrids are fine for “relaxing”, but I prefer to be up enjoying my high.

by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2024 3:43 PM

Indica for me. After a long day at work, I just wanna chill..

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2024 3:45 PM

If I’m going out, I’ll smoke sativa

If I’m staying in, I’ll smoke indica

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2024 3:46 PM

For nighttime, which is basically the only time I smoke, I prefer indica or sometimes a hybrid.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2024 3:52 PM

I'm with you R9. After a long day I look forward to smoking on the couch while watching mindless cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2024 4:00 PM

Depending on your tolerance and reaction to the THC (either indica or sativa... and I think the difference sometimes is dependent on what you expect more than the actual chemistry) a strong combination of CBD might be helpful. Some of the dizzy, anxious response to the THC is mitigated by CBD. THC is the spark, CBD is the warm cozy fire.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2024 4:08 PM

R10 you could be me only I watch old movies.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2024 4:10 PM

Saliva for sure. But lately when I take a break after using a while I experience a withdrawal symptom of vivid, unpleasant dreams for about a week. Not sure whether to stop completely or never stop.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2024 4:12 PM

Sativa, dammit

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2024 4:12 PM

R14, the saliva hybrid is amazing! Sold in 420 drool packets.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2024 4:18 PM

OP Just remember I'm not a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2024 4:19 PM

Give me some indica and poppers, and I am ready to be fucked all night.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2024 4:22 PM

R17 = Tay Tay Lautner

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2024 4:25 PM

I never smoke.

I found it clearly impacted my lungs and not in a good way. So I splurged a bit and bought a desk top vape. In my case the world famous and very popular Volcano. Go with the cheaper classic and find it on discount for a significant savings of money.

You are only burning your own product with no additives,

Not only will your lungs thank you but your MJ is going to go a whole lot farther.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2024 4:26 PM

Can you still get a dime of red hair sinse from Jimmy behind the bleachers?

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2024 4:44 PM

I had to stop with the edibles. It was interacting with my blood pressure medication and I kept fainting in the middle of the night when I had to use the bathroom. Yes, I’m an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2024 5:46 PM

It never mattered in my experience.

I quit recently. Chronic use produced something close to Crone disease with hourly explosive toilet adventures.

Of course, it was the 95% concentrates that really started serious problems. Careful, Folks!

So, I am on Creon, a skinny gnome who can’t eat cheese, fried food, cream or anything else.

Like all my addictions ofthe past, i did everything to work around weed instead of just giving it up.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2024 5:58 PM

Legalization how to reduce MJ toking by making it so middle class legal main stream legal and boring.

I miss the adrenaline rush of walking into the Bulldog for the first time. Feeling like an outlaw. Now I stand inline to buy with grandmothers.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2024 6:00 PM

I agree with R8. The general rule used to be sativa if you want to be up / active and indica if you're spending a mellow evening on the sofa. However today there are tons of variations within those two categories. And with hybrids it's really trial and error.

Smoking / vaping will hit you faster than edibles. Start small and give it 30-60 minutes to feel the full affects. (Edibles can take an hour or more.) Don't plan to drive when you're trying weed for the first few times and don't mix it with alcohol until you're used to it.

If you live where it's legal, don't be shy about getting advice from the people behind the counter. They usually know exactly what to recommend for a specific effect.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2024 9:08 PM

Edibles can drive me crazy because they often take well over an hour to kick in at all.

I can’t plan that far in advance! And you start thinking it will never kick in and then take another…

Smoking (much as I hate the practice) allows me to meter my dosage.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2024 9:17 PM

I understand that pretty much all plants are hybrids.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2024 9:18 PM

One does *both* for 2001: A Space Odyssey, r25.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2024 9:35 PM

[quote] Don't plan to drive when you're trying weed for the first few times

Don’t drive when you’re high, period.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2024 9:40 PM

Does anybody else like 420 beverages? Kind of a cool, different way to enjoy Mary Jane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2024 9:41 PM

I like a 10mg gummie with RSO icing. (Indica)

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2024 9:50 PM

+1 mixing with CBD to make the experience more chill. The indica-leaning hybrid Girl Scout Cookies strain is a nice euphoric high followed by a chill crash that makes for a fin night.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2024 9:52 PM

Maui Wowi of course.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2024 9:53 PM

R29 does “Delta 8” have any real effect? It’s not THC.

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2024 9:55 PM

Only do edibles these days. Do not like the Indica high at all. I like hybrids, but LOVE Sativa edibles that also have a hallucinogenic quality. I always chat up the staff at my local dispensary for recommendations. Good luck, OP, enjoy the ride!

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2024 9:55 PM

R33, sorry, meant to link to these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2024 9:57 PM

Be careful not to indulge so much that your tolerance skyrockets in a few months and you have to take a T-break because no one makes product strong enough for you

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2024 10:05 PM

That's what heroin is for, r36.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2024 10:07 PM

I’ve been taking t-breaks without knowing they were called t-breaks. I’m on one now.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2024 10:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 18, 2024 10:19 PM

R36, yes, definitely [bold]do not[/bold] consume 100 mg. of THC in that bottle all at once.

Unless you're Maureen Dowd. In which case, drink two!!

by Anonymousreply 40January 19, 2024 1:06 AM

I took some cbd heavy thc gummies tonight. Feels good. They’re made in KY by a company named Cornbread. I think they’re way too pricey though.

by Anonymousreply 41January 19, 2024 2:10 AM

Easy. You described Indica. Satvia gives you an energy high. Indica will put you in bed, for a good reason. To sleep like a baby.

by Anonymousreply 42January 19, 2024 2:19 AM

This thread is interesting to me also because as a teenager when everyone was getting high I didn’t like pot (what we called it then) because it made me anxious. But after the “high” I did like the mellow.

I would like advice on products that do not make you anxious. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 43January 19, 2024 4:04 AM

R43 As was observed up thread, for some, CBD combined with THC (either sativa or indica) mitigates the anxiety that some experience with cannabis.

by Anonymousreply 44January 19, 2024 2:13 PM

THC CBN 1:1 gummies work for me for sleep. I have no idea what cbn is or does. But thanks to this thread I am going to cut back a little on the late night thc and up the CBD

by Anonymousreply 45January 19, 2024 2:25 PM

[quote] I would like advice on products that do not make you anxious. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I would recommend an Indica hybrid R43. IndIcas tend to induce a high that's more relaxing, even sedative as opposed to the fast acting Sativa which can accelerate your heart rate and pulse and can even breed paranoia in a person. I went to the dispensary last night and I'm very happy with my purchase.

by Anonymousreply 46January 19, 2024 3:01 PM

Whatever they are selling with 100mg in a can can’t be active THC. That would turn most people into drooling zombies.

by Anonymousreply 47January 19, 2024 9:03 PM

R47... rookie.

by Anonymousreply 48January 19, 2024 9:38 PM

HASHISH!

by Anonymousreply 49January 19, 2024 9:44 PM

R47, Maureen Dowd of the NY Times once famously and accidentally ate such a strong edible. But you could make a good argument that she was a drooling zombie way before that!

by Anonymousreply 50January 19, 2024 10:55 PM

The weed is way stronger now than when I was a kid!

by Anonymousreply 51January 20, 2024 7:14 AM

They're slowly moving towards legalisation in western Europe, and regulating THC strength is part of the deal. It should be. I had lots of fun in the 90's on lower strength ditch weed and we just don't need it to be this strong.

by Anonymousreply 52January 20, 2024 8:04 AM

r47 it is 100mg total. Usually 10 or 20 gummies so 10 mg or 5 mg dose. Mine come in 20 to a pack - 100mg total. I take one gummy a night at 5 mg. Perfect dose.

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2024 2:29 PM

R52 this comment always amuses me. "It's oh so strong!" Well, take a smaller dose then. Half a gummy; one toke off a joint; one puff off a vape pen.

It's like "Oh no, there's a hole at the side of the road... and I will walk right over to it and fall in!!" Maybe don't walk into the hole, eh?

by Anonymousreply 54January 20, 2024 2:43 PM

Limiting edible packages to 100 mg was so annoying in Cali. I don’t know why they never make more high dose edibles or even better gel caps filled with THC oil. Everything was weak and sugar-filled. FML

by Anonymousreply 55January 20, 2024 2:44 PM

OP talks to herself a lot and answers her own questions. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 56January 20, 2024 2:46 PM

r4 "Sativa is an “upper” and will make you act like Tigger "

Not quite - it still calms, but nowhere near the drowsy of Indica. It certainly doesn't make you hyper.

by Anonymousreply 57January 20, 2024 2:47 PM

R56 well, the dangers of "posting while stoned..."

Also, R56 is OP.

by Anonymousreply 58January 20, 2024 2:49 PM

I recommend edibles. I like Camino, Kiva and Wyld.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2024 2:49 PM

Never got into it. Always made me paranoid and loopy. Not a good feeling. Granted, this was the 70s, early 80s so it may have been different. I did recently start taking CBD edibles at night for insomnia. I take a quarter to half. The first time I took a whole one I was up all night, near paranoid hallucinations and almost staggering like a drunk. I don't think I'm suited for high doses of any of it.

by Anonymousreply 60January 20, 2024 2:56 PM

R56 you're really not wrapped too tight are you? Fucking stupid cunt. I am the OP and I've only been answering other people's questions not my own nor have I been talking to myself. Several responses in here are from multiple people. Are you too stupid to use trolldar or are you trying to troll my thread by claiming all the answers are from the OP? Just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2024 3:38 PM

^ once again to clarify I am the OP and R56 is ruining my high by being a stupid cunt in my thread.

by Anonymousreply 62January 20, 2024 3:40 PM

R55 they changed it here in Mi. I finally was able to buy a big bag of gummies, still 5mg a piece but a bag of 100. Much cheaper. They sell a lot of other edibles like chocolates and rice krispie treats in larger doses. My favorite micro-dosing are the pot dots! lol. They are mini m&m sized candy-coated chocolates. 1mg a piece.

by Anonymousreply 63January 20, 2024 4:56 PM

You didn't hear it from me, but getting over 100 mg (more bang for your buck) per edibles package is not unheard of in CA. 😇

by Anonymousreply 64January 20, 2024 10:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!