Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' series on Amazon

Maya Erskine, Donald Glover, Paul Dano, John Turturro, Michaela Coel, Alexander Skarsgård, Sarah Paulson, Ron Perlman.

[quote]Two lonely strangers land a job working for a mysterious spy agency that offers them a glorious life of espionage, wealth, world travels and a dream brownstone in Manhattan. The catch: new identities in an arranged marriage as Mr. & Mrs. John and Jane Smith.

Premieres February 2nd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2024 1:32 PM

Woot. Can’t wait.

by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2024 7:45 PM

Support Amazon - I have stock in the company.

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2024 7:57 PM

Actually that looks better than I thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2024 8:38 PM

Great trailer.

I love Glover, so I will watch the pilot for sure.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2024 9:02 PM

R3 Don’t Glover is a creative genius.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2024 9:07 PM

Much better than I thought as well. Donald Glover’s tits should get a credit on their own.

by Anonymousreply 6February 2, 2024 10:20 PM

Let’s remake everything BLAK!!!

by Anonymousreply 7February 2, 2024 10:23 PM

Don’t!

by Anonymousreply 8February 2, 2024 10:40 PM

r6 Same. I don't know why, but I had pretty low expectations going in. Maybe because the trailer didn't win me over. But the first episode was so entertaining, it's well shot, looks great, sharp script, so I'll continue. Unlike in the movies, these two are so relatable, it's like you or me going on a spy mission.

My least favourite part was the intro with Skarsgård and that horrible model-actress who's had all sorts of surgery done on her face. Thankfully, they only took up four minutes of the episode. I also didn't like all those people on the street staring directly into the camera, what was up with that?

Had no idea Maya Erskine could do drama. She had dramatic moments in PEN15, but they got lost in the comedy of it all. Love watching her. Still haven't gotten over the fact that she's managed to nab Michael Angarano, however.

by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2024 1:24 PM

Apparently, there already was a TV show in the '90s on CBS, with Scott Bakula, Maria Bello, Timothy Olyphant, Roy Dotrice, Aida Turturro (Janice Soprano)... I had no idea! Even our dear Leslie Jordan was in one episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2024 3:41 PM

I tried to watch it but it was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2024 3:44 PM

Well, that's why it was cancelled after 13 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2024 3:46 PM

I liked it way better than I thought I would. Glad PWB dropped out, because Maya Erskine is great in this.

by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2024 11:06 AM

PWB said "creative visions clashed" after working on the show for six months. Sounds like she and Glover just weren't a good fit. Awkward, but it happens.

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2024 11:10 AM

Well thank fuck it was cancelled R12. The movie was fun so I had high hopes for the tv series but it was awful. Badly cast, badly acted - badly everything. It was just awful.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2024 11:14 AM

We must live in two different worlds because I just don't get the "badly cast and badly acted" part at all, that aspect is mostly what made me watch more than one episode.

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2024 11:20 AM

It was cancelled because it was terrible and nobody wanted to watch it and they most certainly didn't want to watch another season of it R16.

That's the world I live in. Reality.

by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2024 11:24 AM

I think we’re talking about two different series here. The current one, and the old bomb cbs one.

by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2024 11:33 AM

We're talking about the Amazon series R18.

by Anonymousreply 19February 4, 2024 11:36 AM

And the Amazon series has not been either canceled or renewed.

by Anonymousreply 20February 4, 2024 11:46 AM

It's cancelled R20.

by Anonymousreply 21February 4, 2024 11:56 AM

We all do, r2!

by Anonymousreply 22February 4, 2024 12:03 PM

It has neither been cancelled nor renewed yet.

by Anonymousreply 23February 4, 2024 12:04 PM

It's cancelled and won't be renewed R23.

by Anonymousreply 24February 4, 2024 12:06 PM

Not as of Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2024 12:52 PM

Maya Erskine seems very talented and charming but this series is oddly flat. The timing is off somehow and feels like watching a rehearsal.

by Anonymousreply 26February 4, 2024 1:02 PM

I just finished it last night. I feel like the first couple of episodes were good and the last couple were good, but everything in the middle really fucking dragged. Not sure I'd watch a second season tbh.

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2024 5:42 PM

Just started watching it. So far, I've enjoyed seeing them with the 'other John and Jane' over dinner, but I've always been a fan of Parker Posey and Wagner Moura. A bit boring, but, again, I'm only on episode 3.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2024 6:14 PM

zero chemistry

by Anonymousreply 29February 9, 2024 6:19 PM

Renewed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 14, 2024 1:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!