Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mary Kay Letourneau’s Ex-Husband Vili Fualaau Reacts to ‘May December’: “I’m Offended”

I did feel this movie hit too close to home in regards to Vili’s story, so the fact he wasn’t compensated or informed about it at the very least feels wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 10:30 PM

[quote] What he can’t understand most is why he was never once consulted by the movie’s director, its screenwriter nor the actor — an awards season favorite — who plays a character so clearly based on him.

Because they don’t need you, dear. You’re just the inspiration - not the arbiter.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2024 4:22 AM

It’s not a documentary. Perhaps the grifting days are over.

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2024 4:41 AM

Another sordid American story.

I tried to ignore this incident but couldn't.

The wife was born to a high ranking far reich-wing Republican family. Her dad was so reich-wing he had to be removed from the John Birch Society because of his extremist views. Same guy? Had an extra-marital affair and created another family outside of his own.

His daughter, the predator, was married and had children of her own when she began grooming a 12 year old!

by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2024 4:45 AM

I forgot she was dead.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2024 4:52 AM

She's dead?

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2024 4:56 AM

R5 Yup. Butt cancer

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2024 5:05 AM

Artists are free to be inspired in whatever way they want. Sorry, Vili.

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2024 5:07 AM

[quote] "I forgot she was dead."

And still...Susan Smith lives.

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2024 5:20 AM

R8 Is she still in prison?

by Anonymousreply 9January 5, 2024 5:21 AM

She is, R9. Susan Smith will be eligible for parole in November. So, perhaps not for long. But just in passing, I don't see it going her way.

by Anonymousreply 10January 5, 2024 5:24 AM

R10 Indeed. Those poor kids. Why she could not have given them to their dad and walked away I will never understand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 5, 2024 5:30 AM

[quote]r11 Why she could not have given them to their dad and walked away I will never understand.

The Smith couple had split up and reconciled many times. There’s no guarantee he’d have wanted the kids, on his own.

by Anonymousreply 12January 5, 2024 5:38 AM

Still, it's a bit ironic that the film is about an actress researching role by spending time with the woman she will play, but these movie makers ignored the real people depicted in the movie. I can understand his feeling of betrayal. I assume lawyers were involved on the production side and perhaps they recommended no contact.

by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2024 6:16 AM

It gets complicated bringing victims and accused on board in any shape or form.

I would think it would put the production and movie company in a bad light if people started digging into their past and discovered unsavory details, conflated facts, or worse- resting the entire investment on the shoulders of one individual’s future actions or decisions is risky.

Not a bio.

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2024 9:02 AM

R10, Susan Smith has been having fun in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2024 9:07 AM

How did Vili feel about that prosthetic penis?

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2024 9:47 AM

"Wah! They didn't give me any money"

by Anonymousreply 17January 5, 2024 10:16 AM

[quote]Her dad was so reich-wing he had to be removed from the John Birch Society because of his extremist views.

Now *that's* crazy.

by Anonymousreply 18January 5, 2024 10:21 AM

[quote] Had an extra-marital affair and created another family outside of his own.

He refused any responsibility for them even when the mother died. Instead they were taken in by the mother's good friend psychic Jean Dixon.

What an insane story.

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2024 3:30 AM

He said it's the basic live, laugh, love of teacher rape boy movies.

I’m still alive and well,” says Fualaau, now 40 and still living in the Seattle area, where the scandal unfolded. “If they had reached out to me, we could have worked together on a masterpiece. Instead, they chose to do a ripoff of my original story.

“I’m offended by the entire project and the lack of respect given to me — who lived through a real story and is still living it,” he adds.

Letourneau died from cancer in 2020, as Fualaau sat at her bedside. Two years later, Fualaau fathered a third child from a new relationship. In September, he learned one of his two daughters with Letourneau, Georgia, is pregnant, setting the stage for him to become a grandfather.

His story has indeed been a saga, and Fualaau is not opposed to the idea of someone making a thoughtful movie about his life. But May December is not it, he feels.

“I love movies — good movies,” he says. “And I admire ones that capture the essence and complications of real-life events. You know, movies that allow you to see or realize something new every time you watch them.

“Those kinds of writers and directors — someone who can do that — would be perfect to work with, because my story is not nearly as simple as this movie [portrays],” Fualaau adds.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2024 3:37 AM

"I love movies- good movies." I wonder if he likes food- good food.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2024 4:02 AM

And yet the character modeled on him is easily the most moving and heartbreaking one in the film, while its "Mary Kay" is an ice-cold psycho.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2024 4:26 AM

He's going to wait a long time!

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2024 9:07 PM

Jesus he is still one ugly fucker.

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2024 9:17 PM

R24, And most likely uncut.

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2024 10:17 PM

And raped. Don’t forget raped!

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2024 10:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!