Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Broadway star Aaron Lazar reveals he has Lou Gehrigs Disease

I know it’s wrong to say this but I hate when things like this happen to really good looking men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2024 11:33 PM

That and ALS, how terrible!

by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2024 8:00 PM

Is this the one where you shake like jello?

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2024 8:05 PM

Apparently he was diagnosed 2 years ago. ALS patients have different life expediencies but few live past 3 years after diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2024 8:06 PM

Just about the worst diagnosis out there. Sending prayers.

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2024 8:08 PM

One of my many irrational fears is of getting ALS and having to try and die with dignity. I hate this for him and his family. ARGH!

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2024 8:08 PM

Sad news. We went to the same university and I had the pleasure of talking to him a few times at alumni events and he’s genuinely a nice guy, in addition to be a fantastic performer

by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2024 8:16 PM

[quote] "Just about the worst diagnosis out there. Sending prayers."

It genuinely is, R4. ALS is absolutely worst nightmare territory for anyone.

by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2024 8:49 PM

[quote]I know it’s wrong to say this but I hate when things like this happen to really good looking men.

Then why would you say it?

by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2024 9:53 PM

Poor bastard.

Why not Trump?

by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2024 10:00 PM

This killed Rebecca Luker. Not good for Aaron. Very sad but we all go eventually and it rarely ends well.

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2024 10:42 PM

I saw him in LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA after he took over the role of Fabrizio, and he was much better than Matthew Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2024 10:46 PM

[quote]Broadway star Aaron Lazar reveals he has Lou Gehrigs Disease

Well, why doesn't he give it back?

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2024 10:49 PM

r11=Lea Michele

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2024 10:49 PM

Jesus God in Heaven, why'd you have to kill such hot snatch?

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2024 10:55 PM

Cue the poster to mutter passive aggressive reference to Boyd Gaines and Malcolm Gets.

by Anonymousreply 15January 3, 2024 12:10 AM

This poor guy! ALS is a death sentence for anyone. Can't believe millions have been raised with that ice bucket challenge and still no cure.

by Anonymousreply 16January 3, 2024 12:25 AM

Is it the 24 hour kind?

by Anonymousreply 17January 3, 2024 12:52 AM

Rebecca Luger died just over one year after her diagnosis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 3, 2024 3:46 AM

[quote] This poor guy! ALS is a death sentence for anyone. Can't believe millions have been raised with that ice bucket challenge and still no cure.

Or cancer, or MS, or MD or HIV or dozens of other diseases that should have had a cure by now. That's because 95% of all those millions go to pay the salaries of all the people working in non-profit and their cushy offices and bunches of perks.

by Anonymousreply 19January 3, 2024 3:50 AM

Actually, the ALS Association which ran the Ice Bucket Challenge gives 100% of the money recieved to research. So, fuck you, r19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 3, 2024 12:01 PM

R20, R19 apparently thinks that all the people who do that research (and all the people whose work is necessary to support them should be unpaid, and they should work in bare fields (so they don't have to pay for offices).

by Anonymousreply 21January 3, 2024 12:13 PM

Fuck, this is awful.

For everyone except his doppelganger John Behlmann.

by Anonymousreply 22January 3, 2024 12:13 PM

I wish him well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2024 12:15 PM

I think Lazar is a baritone and Behlmann is a tenor.

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2024 12:16 PM

Go full frontal while you can still stand up, Aaron!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2024 12:18 PM

It’s a horrible diagnosis. My nightmare diagnosis. I would make plans for assisted death if ever faced with ALS.

by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2024 12:27 PM

r19 to be fair HIV is now a manageable diagnosis with prolonged life expectancy and we have precautionary medicines thanks to the enormous amount of attention and fundraising AIDS has received

some of these medical mysteries are just tougher than others

I mean, they still haven't cured dying yet. Pretty sure that one got the most attention.

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2024 1:06 PM

They have yet to determine the actual cause of ALS. There are a handful of theories. Is it environmental, is prior exposure to a certain virus, is it a disorder that starts in the brain?

by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2024 1:16 PM

That’s so sad! He was fantastic in Light in the Piazza. And beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2024 2:19 PM

Millennials can turn tragedies into blessings and opportunities for growth.

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2024 2:21 PM

[quote]Rebecca Luger

Well at least her family had all of that money from the gun patent.

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2024 2:25 PM

Not always an immediate death sentence. Stephen Hawking was diagnosed with ALS in 1963 and lived another 55 years.

by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2024 2:29 PM

Hawking had a very unique variant of ALS that progresses much slower than most other ALS patients.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2024 3:15 PM

[quote] [R20], [R19] apparently thinks that all the people who do that research (and all the people whose work is necessary to support them should be unpaid, and they should work in bare fields (so they don't have to pay for offices).

Why don't you not speak for me. (Or just not speak at all.) You're naive if you think that the majority of the money raised by these organizations goes to anything but administration.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2024 5:29 PM

[quote] Rebecca Luger died just over one year after her diagnosis

After she [italic] went public [/italic] with her diagnosis, numbskull. Reading comprehension much?

[quote] Broadway Star Rebecca Luker Dies at 59 Just 10 Months After Revealing ALS Diagnosis

And it's Luker not Luger. Typing skils much?

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2024 5:33 PM

[quote]In February, Luker revealed on Twitter she had been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, commonly known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease. "Hello friends. I have some tough news. Late last year I was diagnosed with ALS," Luker tweeted at the time. "I have the best medical care in the world and the greatest support.

She died December 2020. In February of 2020, she revealed her diagnosis. When she revealed her diagnosis in February, she says she received it late last year, meaning in late 2019, she was diagnosed. If she was diagnosed in late 2019, and died in December 2020, it would have been a little over one year since receiving her diagnosis.

The stupidity of people on the Internet, especially those who enjoy being annoying scolds, should no longer fail to astound me, and yet here you are.

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2024 5:42 PM

Apologies. I just re-read the article; I'd done the math wrong in my head. I stand corrected. And chastised.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2024 5:44 PM

Wow, an apology. That's actually quite big for an anonymous Internet forum. I guess I can unpin the voodoo doll now.

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2024 5:46 PM

I think Huntington’s Disease may be as bad, if not worse.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2024 8:33 PM

Update

He is using a walker now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 3, 2024 10:11 PM

In a wheelchair now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2024 11:08 PM

One of the few things Canada has gotten right is legal,medically assisted dying. For things like this, I'm grateful we have it. I hope he is able to go out on his own terms and find some measure of peace before that happens. Very tragic diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2024 11:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!