Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Angie Dickinson was 42 when “Police Woman” started in 1974?

I had no idea that she’s 92 now.

by Anonymousreply 24December 29, 2023 12:46 PM

And was 42 when Bill Shatner took her from behind in "Big Bad Mama."

by Anonymousreply 1December 28, 2023 6:13 PM

OP we must always include a link of some sort for reference when we make posts such as this.

by Anonymousreply 2December 28, 2023 6:15 PM

Even as a young gayling in the '70s, I recognized Angie as the sexiest woman on the planet. This was pre-Charlie's Angels, pre-Wonder Woman, so she was the most awesome crimefighter on television.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 28, 2023 6:23 PM

Pepper a Go-Go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 28, 2023 6:28 PM

A few months ago I watched the first season of Police Woman for the first time. I always knew who Angie Dickinson was and that she was considered a sex symbol — but I never paid any attention to her beauty until watching the show. She was striking then, and remains gorgeous.

I also wound up reading a lot/watching a lot of interview clips about her relationship with Burt Bacharach and the tragedy of their daughter. Angie D. has to be extremely resilient.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 28, 2023 6:36 PM

And Earl Holliman is 95.

by Anonymousreply 6December 28, 2023 7:52 PM

Burt B would be 95.

by Anonymousreply 7December 28, 2023 9:14 PM

She was never afraid to play up the sexiness of her character on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 28, 2023 9:25 PM

She seems like a very cool lady. I'd enjoy having drinks and playing cards with Angie.

by Anonymousreply 9December 28, 2023 9:28 PM

Op I had no idea that you are 94 now.

by Anonymousreply 10December 28, 2023 9:32 PM

She let me wear her panties.

by Anonymousreply 11December 28, 2023 10:58 PM

NBC wants to do a two-hour TV movie where Angie and Earl reunite for one last case: "Police Woman: Murder at Shady Oaks":

Pepper goes undercover as a sexy private duty nurse hoping to trap a serial killer who's been murdering residents at an Assisted Living Center. Meanwhile, Lt. Crowley poses as one of the residents and has to fend off two busboys in the dining room who think he's a wealthy sugar daddy who can pass for 50.

by Anonymousreply 12December 29, 2023 12:47 AM

A favorite old time star.

by Anonymousreply 13December 29, 2023 12:54 AM

I was her body double in dressed to kill

by Anonymousreply 14December 29, 2023 1:16 AM

[quote]She was never afraid to play up the sexiness of her character on the show.

That *was* the show, r8.

by Anonymousreply 15December 29, 2023 1:25 AM

Shouldn't she be referred to as Miss Angie Dickinson?

by Anonymousreply 16December 29, 2023 3:20 AM

Shocked to hear Dickinson say Bacharach did not love her and cheated through out their marriage.

Angie was the primary caregiver of their daughter who was born physically and mentally impaired. Their daughter was born legally blind and Angie D chose to drive her adult daughter when she was needed.

Their daughter committed suicide late in life.

Angie is not a wimp or an airhead.

by Anonymousreply 17December 29, 2023 7:14 AM

Angie hosted SNL and in a sketch she played Pepper Anderson who tried to show another police woman how to seduce a crime lord; that other cop was Mary Beth Lacey (Nora Dunn, I think)

Freaking hilarious

by Anonymousreply 18December 29, 2023 7:55 AM

A clip was posted on here a while back, Angie was ambushed by This is Your Life and she very politely but very firmly told them that did not want to do the show.

by Anonymousreply 19December 29, 2023 10:26 AM

R14/R16 😂

I loved that episode when Blanche pretended to be Angie Dickinson to try to get them a free hotel room.

RECEPTIONIST: You don't look like Angie Dickinson to me.

BLANCHE: I know. I have altered my appearance for a very important role.

DOROTHY: Yes, it's about a woman who eats her way form behind the Iron Curtain.

🤣

by Anonymousreply 20December 29, 2023 10:53 AM

My father’s favorite actress ever! Go, Dad! It’s great to have that memory of him. Thank you, Angie!

by Anonymousreply 21December 29, 2023 10:56 AM

The fifteen seconds JFK lasted while having sex with Angie will lead in her obituary

by Anonymousreply 22December 29, 2023 11:06 AM

Robert Evans said that she could suck the chrome off of a bumper and a golf ball out of a garden hose.

by Anonymousreply 23December 29, 2023 12:11 PM

I have "Dressed To Kill" DVD signed by Miss Angie, she said "Oh this is a scary one!" My friend has "Big Bad Mama". Thanks CHILLER!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 29, 2023 12:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!