Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Whitney and Cissy were not biological mother and daughter?

Any truth to this rumor? Supposedly, actress Teresa Graves from the '70s series GET CHRISTIE LOVE! was Whitney's bio mom. John Houston had an affair with her, and after Teresa died tragically, Cissy took Whitney and raised her as her own. I never did think Whitney resembled Cissy in the slightest. Teresa would have been around 15 when she gave birth to Whitney, which could explain a backdoor adoption as John Houston was in his 40s at the time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 3:05 AM

Wow, this is shocking. Whitney sure does look like Teresa Graves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2023 5:36 PM

They both wore Eva Gabor wigs—that doesn’t mean they were related.

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2023 5:38 PM

Who's John Houston?

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2023 5:41 PM

Whitney sounds so much like a young Cissy. This rumor is unfounded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2023 5:43 PM

He was the father of Whitney’s twin sister Angelica.

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2023 5:44 PM

😵‍💫

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2023 5:45 PM

Whitney was actually my child. I would have been a fantastic mother, but I was scheduled to make that Costa Rica film. Not that horrible Lloyd Webber movie!

by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2023 6:03 PM

I love you, r2!

by Anonymousreply 8December 22, 2023 6:24 PM

“Whitney Houston No Remake of Get Christie Love”

Is this supposed to be English?

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2023 6:27 PM

I loved "Get Christie Love"!!! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2023 6:53 PM

Thank you, r6.

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2023 7:26 PM

[quote]Whitney sounds so much like a young Cissy.

Hi Cissy!

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2023 7:27 PM

r4 She does sort of sound like whitney.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2024 1:17 AM

She certainly didn’t get her looks from Cissy. Her father was a handsome man but Cissy had a hard face, not so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2024 1:21 AM

[quote]John Houston had an affair with her, and after Teresa died tragically, Cissy took Whitney and raised her as her own.

Teresa Graves died in October, 2002 at the age of 54.

So Cissy took Whitney in and 'raised her as her own' when Whitney was 39 years old ? Did Whitney have some kind of developmental disorder we don't know about and had to be raised by a surrogate mother at 39 ?

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2024 1:38 AM

Wow the striking is compelling. The only problem I have with conspiracies like this people who knew sissy at the time would have had to put together that she was never pregnant for 9 months. How could that be possible?

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2024 2:21 AM

Holy cow that’s one rumor i never heard a whisper of. I could believe it though.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2024 2:27 AM

Teresa Graves died in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2024 2:46 AM

She sure resembled Whitney r18.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2024 3:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!