Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item!- Hollywood is sick and tired of Bradley Cooper’s aggressive awards campaigns

“ It only took three or four years before the media finally decided to call out the A+/A list mostly movie actor and his incessant yearly Oscar campaigns.”

Maybe that is why they never award him? They view him as overly thirsty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 4, 2024 5:42 PM

Gee OP ya think?

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2023 9:16 PM

Just give him one so he'll go away already.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2023 9:17 PM

That’s surprising I would have thought he would love it and the attention and feeling like he’s apart of the industry.

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2023 9:34 PM

I love it how Cillian Murphy is on the 'gives zero fucks' end of the Oscar thirst continuum, but likely has a better chance.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2023 9:39 PM

At least it isn’t me this time

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2023 10:02 PM

I wonder if he'll stand at the Oscars, to keep his energy level up.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2023 3:44 AM

He already has one for that song from "A Star Is Born", but probably wants an acting one and maybe a Director win as well

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2023 4:00 AM

Bradley Cooper didn’t write the song for A Star is Born, you freaking dumbass. Lady Gaga, Mark Ronson and a few others wrote the song.

Be honest with me. You assumed that because Bradley Cooper’s character wrote the song in the movie, that Bradley wrote it himself in real life?

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2023 11:24 AM

I’m sure the fact that he’s widely kniwn to be a closet case also makes everyone roll their eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2023 11:41 AM

No R9, if you knew anything about Hollywood, you would know most of them think of that as one of his virtues.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2023 11:53 AM

I saw this coming.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2023 11:55 AM

[quote] would have thought he would love it and the attention and feeling like he’s apart of the industry.

[bold]a part[/bold] of the industry.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2023 12:08 PM

You just know he'd Crisco™ up any Oscar he got his hands on and dildo himself with it.

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2023 12:51 PM

LOL r13 I forgot who they were talking about, but one DLer once said some singer who was constantly smirking was doing it because he was thinking how good the microphone he was singing into would feel up his ass.

Bradley is a big smirker too.

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2023 2:32 PM

I think he's tremendous

by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2023 2:51 PM

I think he'll win by a nose.

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2023 3:15 PM

People don't realize that Bradley Cooper is "wired in" and he has BFFs in high places. Leo is a BFF and so is MArtin Scorsese. He is buddies with Spielberg too. Cooper is a pro when it comes to networking. And he is talented. People who work with him want to work with him again. I'm talking directors.

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote] Just give him one so he'll go away already.

Fuck that!

He insulted them already by saying that the awards are "utterly meaningless."

Well, Miss THIRSTY BITCH. If they're so "utterly meaningless," why do you want one so badly? And why do you campaign so hard for one every Oscar season?

This fucking cunt is out there EVERY OSCAR SEASON doing whatever he can to get an Oscar.

Interview, after interview, after interview.

He's so desperate for one, he can't even see straight. And yet he acts like he's so above it all.

Bradley Cooper is the phoniest fucking cunt in Hollywood. And that's really saying something:

[quote] Bradley Cooper Says Awards Season Is 'Utterly Meaningless': 'It's Devoid of Artistic Creation'

Bradley Cooper is sharing his candid perspective on awards season.

In a recent conversation for Interview Magazine, the American Hustle actor — who has earned eight Oscar nominations for roles both in front of and behind the camera — spoke to Hamilton's Anthony Ramos about why he finds awards season "utterly meaningless."

Ramos, who Cooper directed in A Star Is Born, explained that if you're one of the people "singled out" during the Oscars race, it's easy to make the event all about yourself when you're really a "representation of the story that those 150 to 200 told together."

He made the comparison, "we're like a walking flag."

Cooper, 45, agreed with Ramos, adding, "That awards season stuff is a real test. It's set up to foster that mentality."

"It’s quite a thing to work through, and it’s completely devoid of artistic creation," Cooper said. "It’s not why you sacrifice everything to create art, and yet you spend so much time being a part of it if you’re, in quotes, ‘lucky enough to be a part of it.’"

"It's ultimately a great thing because it really does make you face ego, vanity, and insecurity," he continued. "It’s very interesting and utterly meaningless.”

Cooper echoed similar feelings about award nominations ahead of the 91st Academy Awards, where he received nominations for Best Actor, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Picture for A Star Is Born but was ultimately snubbed when it came to a nomination for his directorial debut.

In a talk with Oprah Winfrey during her SuperSoul Conversation, he shared that getting attention for the film was just "icing on the cake," and that Oscar nominations "play into things that have nothing to do with creative art."

“It’s a whole other element of the business,” Cooper said at the time. “So, it’s really reconciling its effect on you. That’s the thing I have to deal with.”

In January, it was announced that Cooper is working on an untitled Leonard Bernstein film that will premiere on Netflix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2023 3:20 PM

I don’t see him winning. It will probably be Cillian Murphy or Paul Giamatti.

Maestro is his For The Boys. Not winning.

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2023 3:31 PM

Cillian Murphy's performance was extraordinary--his Oppenheimer seemed three-dimensional and yet did not seem like anyone else I'd ever seen in a film before.

I really hope he gets it. It's much harder to play someone like that than playing a showboating blowhard like Bernstein.

by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2023 3:49 PM

He's right about the OScars, although they have gotten better about rewarding artistic merit. Most of the old farts have died off and the Academy voters are younger and more creative, and more diverse.

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2023 3:51 PM

WHY would anyone think anyone other than Cillian Murphy would get Best Actor? This is easily the biggest cakewalk for any actor up for lead actor since Daniel Day Lewis in "There Will Be Blood."

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2023 3:52 PM

Actually no I take that back, Joaquin Phoenix for Joker was also a cakewalk (serious actor as opposed to movie star/ carries the whole film on his shoulders / studio movie that made a fortune; all three repeat for Oppenheimer)

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2023 3:55 PM

Another clap trap. He tries too hard. I hope members of the academy give it a pass.

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2023 3:57 PM

I don't see Cillian getting the OScar for BA. I think it might be Leo again. Unless De Niro gets nominated as BA. But he was in supporting. For me the two I feel guaranteed to get it are Emily Blunt and Robert Downey Jr. for BSA.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2023 4:06 PM

Don't forget about Colman Domingo and Jeffrey Wright. They were both brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2023 4:08 PM

[quote] Don't forget about Colman Domingo

His movie didn't even come out yet!

How would anyone even know what kind of performance he gave?

by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2023 4:10 PM

[quote] I don't see Cillian getting the OScar for BA. I think it might be Leo again.

Because your brain doesn’t touch the top of your spinal chord.

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2023 4:15 PM

R27 I watched it. It's streaming, I think Netflix or Hulu don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2023 4:54 PM

R28 why should that matter?

by Anonymousreply 30December 21, 2023 4:55 PM

OP, it’s like you select the blandest blind items. You have a talent.

by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2023 5:17 PM

They should give him an Oscar that’s packed in its own closet.

by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2023 5:22 PM

Leo has never won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2023 5:29 PM

Downey may win BSA but Blunt will not. It’s going to Da’Vine for The Holdovers.

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2023 5:37 PM

We're all sick of Bradley Cooper.

It's not only Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2023 5:55 PM

He even had his little penis out in that Shitemare Alley to prove he's a serious actor

by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2023 6:03 PM

[quote] He even had his little penis out in that Shitemare Alley to prove he's a serious actor

Was it a puny cocklet?

by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2023 6:05 PM

R37 let's just say it was a disappointment

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2023 6:06 PM

Maybe it's a grower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 21, 2023 6:08 PM

R33, The Revenant 2016, Best Actor Oscar winner :Leonardo De Caprio.

by Anonymousreply 40December 21, 2023 6:14 PM

[quote] let's just say it was a disappointment

Good thing he's a bottom!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 21, 2023 6:19 PM

Leonardo DiCaprio has never been an Oscar favorite, he won his first Oscar only 22 years after his first nomination for Gilbert Grape. He was famously snubbed for Titanic and didn't attend the ceremony (he should have been nominated but the Academy was clubbier back then and veterans Jack Nicholson, Robert Duvall, Peter Fonda and Dustin Hoffman got nominations)

He should have won for the Aviator (Hollywood thought it was minting a new star with Jamie Foxx who went on to have an eccentric career)

They gave him a consolation nomination two years later for his awful South African accented performance in Blood Diamond

He also should have won for Wolf of Wall Street, a now iconic performance, but lost to one of the worst decisions in recent Oscar history, Matthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers Club (again, Hollywood thought it was minting an A-lister when McConaughey went on to have one hit - Interstellar - and a string of flops (Free State of Jones, The Dark Tower, Sea of Trees, Gold, Serenity, White Boy Rick)

by Anonymousreply 42December 21, 2023 7:32 PM

Most people don't care for Maestro. It's very obvious Oscar bait.

by Anonymousreply 43December 21, 2023 7:37 PM

And Matthew McConaughey should have won for Supporting for Magic Mike and would have won if the nominating committee didn't have such a stick up its ass about nominating a male stripper film. Everyone nominated for Supporting Actor that year already had an Oscar - if you'd have subbed one out he would have been the natural favorite even if Oscar voters didn't warm up to Magic Mike, because he'd just come off a string of acclaimed films including Mud and Killer Joe.

Christoph Waltz won that year in one of the worst cases of category fraud in Oscar history (that was indisputably a Lead role). DiCaprio campaigned for Supporting but he, Waltz and Samuel L Jackson (also excellent) canceled each other out with voters opting to nominate Waltz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 21, 2023 7:43 PM

Wasn't it Bradley Cooper who used his stretched out hole to console Liam Neeson when his wife Natasha Richardson died?

For that alone he deserves an Oscar statuette which is about the size of Liam's dick.

by Anonymousreply 45December 22, 2023 2:15 AM

Cillian Murphy is not the front runner. He’ll be nominated, of course, but is not a dead cert to win.

by Anonymousreply 46December 22, 2023 3:08 AM

R46 Then who is the front runner bitch?

by Anonymousreply 47December 22, 2023 3:37 AM

Why shouldn't the Academy CONSIDER him?

by Anonymousreply 48December 22, 2023 3:45 AM

I saw Maestro last night! It was very well done and Bradley Cooper was Leonard Bernstein. He really did inhabit the role. So I have no quarrel with him getting...or even winning an Oscar for it. Carey Mulligan was perfect. She was brilliant, especially in that one scene with Sarah Silverman when she talks about her own arrogance in not needing more than he could give her. And in their very few scenes together, Matt Bomer was perfection. Deeply moving. Sarah Silverman was very good as Lenny's sister Shirley. My complaint was that it seemed, at times so claustrophobic. Maybe it was the budget. I didn't agree with some of the choices the director (Cooper) made as to music. I wanted more about the creation of West Side Story, and less dancing Sailors. They needn't have shown scenes from WSS, but the creation of it, him, Jerome Robbins, Stephen Sondheim, Arthur Laurents, that would have been something. I do love classical music and I'm glad they showed some of the Mass he composed.

by Anonymousreply 49December 22, 2023 2:03 PM

OP Not true. Most view him as hard working and someone who loves the business. He's always been enthusiastic from his start. And he's worked in the business for a very long time. Still need to see his film though so can't comment on that. People want an Oscar what can I tell yah.

by Anonymousreply 50December 22, 2023 2:28 PM

R50 = Gloria Campano

by Anonymousreply 51December 22, 2023 2:46 PM

[quote ] Cillian Murphy is not the front runner. He’ll be nominated, of course, but is not a dead cert to win.

No offense but are you a Zika baby or something?

by Anonymousreply 52December 22, 2023 2:49 PM

People underestimate Paul Giamatti's chances. He's the Jamie Lee Curtis of this year's Oscar race and has an extremely good chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 53December 22, 2023 2:55 PM

You mean we're going to be so tired of seeing him on tv and in magazines that by the time the Oscar telecast happens we wish he was dead?

by Anonymousreply 54December 22, 2023 3:09 PM

R53, Paul Giamatti is a fine actor. Can be very hammy, but still a fine actor. I won't be surprised if he is nominated, but he doesn't have the political clout to win. The agents and the producers get in on the act with these nominations, and there's horse trading and money being spent and commitments about future projects. For example, let us say, hypothetically, that CAA, a powerful agency, tells it's clients, "We're backing Paul Giamatti this year..." (it won't happen ) Right now during the holiday season, all the socializing is really about networking. Nothing happens organically.

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2023 4:06 PM

I think Cillian takes it. Leo and Paul Giamatti were great but Cillian Murphy’s performance was amazing. Bcoop has zero shot.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2023 5:22 PM

Bradley deserves recognition for his commitment to his career. He's put so much time into it he hasn't even had a chance to meet the right girl!

by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2023 5:28 PM

Hi Bradley Cooper PR shill at R50!

Did you just earn another $10 for your post?

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2023 6:06 PM

DiCaprio didn't deserve a nomination for THE AVIATOR. He was an absurd choice to play Hughes, who was by most accounts quite sexy (along with being crazy).

DiCaprio came off like a petulant man-child and if there's one thing he isn't, it's sexy. His love scenes with Cate Blanchett were, shall we say, awkward.

Tommy Lee Jones played Hughes in a 1977 TV movie and he was much, much better.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2023 6:12 PM

Yea Leo often comes across as a petulant shit. He was beautiful for a few years but has never been sexy

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2023 6:20 PM

Remember how sure everyone on Datalounge was last year that Cate Blanchett was going to win her third Oscar? I knew better.

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2023 6:30 PM

[quote]People underestimate Paul Giamatti's chances.

The Academy snubbed Paul Giametti for Sideways!

SIDEWAYS! Which was nominated for Picture, Director, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress and Screenplay (which it won!) They nominated Johnny Depp for the tripe Finding Neverland instead!

Paul Giametti IS the film and they snubbed him!

He does not have the clout!

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2023 6:39 PM

[quote]DiCaprio came off like a petulant man-child and if there's one thing he isn't, it's sexy.

DiCaprio played him correctly. He played him like someone on the Autism Spectrum. That’s how people on the Autism Spectrum are. They are DIFFICULT. I am one, I should know.

The research done into recreating the world through his eyes must have been thorough and extensive. They nailed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2023 6:49 PM

See your presumption of Howard Hughes's sexiness is merely a based on your projection of him because he looked like this.

Well, I have news for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 22, 2023 7:00 PM

This is how...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 22, 2023 7:05 PM

...it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 22, 2023 7:08 PM

In reality, Howard Hughes looked, acted and talked like this.

Petulant. Manchild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 22, 2023 7:18 PM

R61 she shot herself in the foot by calling awards outdated and patriarchal during a drunken speech

by Anonymousreply 68December 22, 2023 8:03 PM

My, my, I didn't know DiCaprio's publicist posted here.

by Anonymousreply 69December 22, 2023 8:04 PM

[quote] R61 she shot herself in the foot by calling awards outdated and patriarchal during a drunken speech

Sort of like calling the Awards "utterly meaningless."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 22, 2023 8:06 PM

R64-67: Even in that clip and in the TCM photo, the real Hughes looks like a man vs. a boy-child like DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 71December 22, 2023 8:08 PM

R68, It seemed that Cate was sober during that speech. Hard to believe, I know. But who needs alcohol when her hubris led to giving a self-serving speech that truly failed.

I

by Anonymousreply 72December 23, 2023 12:30 AM

If Giamatti is nominated it will be his first, and it’s hard to be a male actor and win first time out. If anyone does it, Murphy will for an extraordinary performance in one of the best (and most successful) films of the year. Plus, Giamatti is hideously ugly.

by Anonymousreply 73December 23, 2023 4:00 AM

R73 He was nominated for Cinderella Man, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2023 5:16 AM

R73 you are always running your mouth without knowing what you speak of. Giamatti was nominated for Cinderella Man, and he’s a veteran actor. A veteran winning for his first nomination isn’t unheard of. It’s usually younger actors getting nominated that rarely win. Giamatti has been acting for over 30 years, and he’s incredible in The Holdovers. Comparing one of the best reviewed lead male performances of the year to JLC last year is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 75December 23, 2023 6:45 PM

He honestly seems insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 23, 2023 6:45 PM

R76, the whole "call me Maestro" stuff is Cooper copying what Daniel Day-Lewis used to do the set. Cooper idolizes DDL.

by Anonymousreply 77December 23, 2023 7:15 PM

O - M - G at R76.

I officially hate him now.

by Anonymousreply 78December 23, 2023 7:31 PM

This queen loves attention.

by Anonymousreply 79December 24, 2023 2:06 PM

I don't hate movie stars. I save that for Neo Nazi Christian Nationalists. But Bradley Cooper reminds me of a happy puppy who is always craving attention and thrives on it. But I sense no ego or malice in him. He is just overly exuberant. He did an excellent job with Maestro, but the movie itself, the storyline was in need of something resembling coherence. His father wanted him to se ll wigs for a living, and was very abusive and cruel to him ridiculed his interest in music. He had to fight to even get piano lessons. He loved putting on shows as a kid. He was very inclusive. Collected people. I guess I was looking for a more traditional narrative structure.

by Anonymousreply 80December 24, 2023 2:13 PM

BC demanding to be called Maestro reminds me of the Seinfeld episode. Elaine has an insane boyfriend who demands to be called Maestro.

by Anonymousreply 81December 24, 2023 2:16 PM

Look, I like Giamatti — I was glad he won the Emmy for “John Adams” and he’s done consistent good work on the tired (and now retired) “Billions.” But suggesting he’s going to win an Oscar for “The Holdovers,” which is an also-ran at the box office and about the least sexy well-reviewed movie you can imagine, is just ridiculous. He’s a well known character actor who can’t open a movie and didn’t open this one. Why would a plurality of Academy voters give him an award when Murphy and Cooper are around, sucking up all the press attention in movies people are talking about?

by Anonymousreply 82December 24, 2023 2:17 PM

[quote] Cillian Murphy is not the front runner.

According to Gold Derby, he is indeed the front runner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 24, 2023 2:18 PM

[quote] Plus, Giamatti is hideously ugly.

It's not a beauty contest.

by Anonymousreply 84December 24, 2023 2:24 PM

I agree, the Holdovers is sort of just a feel good movie, just like Air. IMO, neither one is worth any awards season consideration. Well, maybe a Golden Globe nomination. But that's it.

by Anonymousreply 85December 24, 2023 2:28 PM

Somehow, I don't recall the old time movie actors being all queeny like Bradley Cooper, and campaigning for an Oscar.

Guys like Brando, Nicholson, Pacino, etc.

They seemed to all just go with the flow.

Nowdays, everything is so fake and manufactured. Even winning an Oscar.

I guess this makes it well-suited to Bradley Cooper. Fake and phony is his middle name.

by Anonymousreply 86December 24, 2023 2:30 PM

Bradley Cooper is talented and he's actually still quite hot, but he is so unlikable.

He's like Anne Hathaway--he tries too hard and he's too obsessed with awards and recognition.

by Anonymousreply 87December 24, 2023 2:39 PM

I like Anne Hathaway. She's become much more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 88December 24, 2023 2:42 PM

[quote] She's become much more likeable.

Especially since she went away for about 10 years, and hasn't been heard from.

Bradley Cooper needs to do the same.

Just GO AWAY.

by Anonymousreply 89December 24, 2023 2:44 PM

Maestro!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 24, 2023 3:00 PM

Do women conductors like Marin Alsop and Catherine Comet insist they be called "Maestra"?

by Anonymousreply 91December 24, 2023 3:38 PM

Hi, Vulture readers! Welcome to Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 92February 3, 2024 6:08 PM

Nate Jones is pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 93February 3, 2024 6:20 PM

[quote] Bradley Cooper Is Strangely Making a Pattern of Taking Injured A-List Actresses to the Hospital

Well, here’s one version of a meet (not so) cute: the same day that Maestro husband and wife duo Bradley Cooper and Carey Mulligan met, Cooper had to take Mulligan to the unlikeliest of places—the emergency room.

“She was doing a play in the West Village of Manhattan, and I went to the first preview, which is sacrilege,” Cooper said on The Graham Norton Show (and per Entertainment Weekly). “It was a one-woman show, and she came out and the key light was on her, and she looked just like Felicia, who’s Lenny’s wife [referring to Felicia and Leonard Bernstein, their characters in Maestro]…so I went to meet her backstage.”

Mulligan added “It’s a 90-minute monologue, and maybe half an hour before the end, I got hit on the head [by a piece of the set] quite badly, but I carried on because no one saw it. It was in a blackout…and then it finished, and I got off stage, and I just couldn’t stop crying. I thought I was really a goner. I was sobbing on the floor, and the director was trying to calm me down.

And then someone came in and said, ‘Sorry, so sorry. Bradley Cooper’s just [arrived].’ And he came in and looked me in the eye and was like, ‘You’re not all right!’ And it was like, get in the car, went to the emergency room. The nurse was delighted.”

Cooper added that Mulligan “was not okay at all. And so we went to the emergency room, and we were there. And that was our introduction to each other.” Mulligan added, jokingly, “It got me a job, so totally worth it.”

Randomly, Mulligan isn’t the only famous actress Cooper has accompanied to the hospital. Fellow Graham Norton Show guest star Bryce Dallas Howard asked Cooper “Did you bring Brooke Shields to the hospital as well?” to which Cooper responded that he did.

“We’re neighbors in New York and it was lunchtime—this is crazy—and I remember I had just put like, sausages on the grill, and my friend came in and he said, ‘They’re calling for you. Brooke Shields is at a restaurant across the way, and she just had a fall,’” he said.

Cooper arrived at the scene to find that “there were firetrucks and everything. Luckily, because I live across the street from the police precinct, they recognized me [writer’s note: uh, pretty sure they would have recognized you anyway], and I was able to go in. And then we went into the ambulance, and we’re trying to figure out the hospital to get to, and it was crazy.” He noted that Shields woke up as the two were in the ambulance: “It was like, what the fuhh—” Cooper said, stopping himself just before cursing. “Yeah, it was crazy.”

Shields told her side of the story in a November 2023 interview with Glamour, revealing that she experienced a “full-blown grand mal seizure” and that everything started to “go black” before she went “headfirst into the wall.”

“The next thing I remember, I’m being loaded into an ambulance,” she said. “I have oxygen on. And Bradley f—king Cooper is sitting next to me holding my hand.”

Shields said she struggled to “get any words out,” but thought to herself “This is what death must be like. You wake up and Bradley Cooper’s going, ‘I’m going to go to the hospital with you, Brooke,’ and he’s holding my hand.”

Cooper told Extra of the moment that “I was just happy to be in the right place at the right time.”

Back to Cooper and Mulligan: a meet cute it maybe wasn’t, but all turned out well. Their shared film, Maestro (which Cooper not only starred in but directed) was nominated for seven Academy Awards last week, including Best Picture, Best Actor for Cooper, and Best Actress for Mulligan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 3, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote] Cooper told Extra of the moment that “I was just happy to be in the right place at the right time.”

It's funny how Bradley Cooper always happens to be "in the right place at the right time" whenever cameras are rolling, and the media is there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95February 3, 2024 6:29 PM

In some ways I see his point in saying the awards are meaningless. It’s a tough business and i give anyone credit for being able to stay in the game with their head above water. He is doing more than that. His first two directed films were both critically acclaimed, Oscar nominated films (assuming Maestro will receive nods).

by Anonymousreply 96February 3, 2024 6:51 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 97February 3, 2024 7:19 PM

DL linked!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 3, 2024 7:23 PM

Someone was having a seizure in my neighborhood. Out of nowhere, Bradley came running.

He knelt down to check on her. Saw she wasn’t famous and slumped off.

by Anonymousreply 99February 3, 2024 7:25 PM

If the media called him out, why is it a blind item?

by Anonymousreply 100February 3, 2024 7:30 PM

We know, R98.

by Anonymousreply 101February 3, 2024 8:31 PM

I don’t know. Which link is to DL?

by Anonymousreply 102February 3, 2024 8:38 PM

The link to this thread is in this sentence of the Vulture article, R102:

[quote]Fans side-eyed his extremely public romance with Gigi Hadid, saw shade toward Murphy in his Variety “Actors on Actors” interview, and passed around blind items hinting at diva behavior behind the scenes. Through strange awards-season alchemy, the combination of Maestro and Cooper’s star persona has made the public recoil from both.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 3, 2024 8:48 PM

I found the link. I never expected it to take me back to my own post. It’s kind of disconcerting. I need to lie down.

by Anonymousreply 104February 3, 2024 8:51 PM

I just don't get the hate. I think he's a good actor, dedicated, smart, talented, and he has passion for his work. He worked on this project and he poured his heart into it and he finished it and now it has been acknowledged and he is very enthusiastic about it and like horsehit, he is everywhere. I don't begrudge him being pushy and overly "enthused" at all. It's annoying but so what. He isn't the first annoying actor to get in our faces promoting their work. I enjoy a lot of his movies. And he seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. Is he in the closet? I think BRadley goes both ways and at some point he will say so.

by Anonymousreply 105February 4, 2024 3:29 PM

R105, I think there's a sense that Cooper just shouldn't be at the level of acclaim he receives. Some actors are able to transcend their beginnings doing lightweight work like Tom Hanks, but Cooper never quite made that leap. It doesn't seem right that the guy from The Hangover movies has a dozen Oscar nominations, so whenever he's on the campaign trail, there's this need to put him in his place: you're not Orson Welles, you were the douchebag from Wedding Crashers.

The tepid response to Maestro by audiences really doesn't help. At least A Star is Born was a hit that was generally well-liked.

by Anonymousreply 106February 4, 2024 5:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!