Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Mama Cass - New Biography by Cass's Daughter Owen Elliot-Kugell

Now available for pre-order on Amazon.

Who plans to read it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 19, 2023 1:34 AM

Alternate title:

"A Ham Sandwich vs. Me: Guess Which My Mother Loved More?"

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2023 1:47 PM

Cass hated that name..

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2023 1:56 PM

Mama Carcass

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2023 2:08 PM

By all accounts a very nice woman with a great voice.

She was surrounded by horrible people but she was better.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2023 2:21 PM

Owen! Get me a Diet Pepsi! With ice in it!

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2023 3:25 PM

While this doesn't sound like a terribly interesting topic, I hope there's a section in there about how John & Michelle were awful to her mother & she's glad Michelle is being punished via her crazy jesus freak daughter

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2023 3:30 PM

If Cass Elliot was alive today, would she be like every other asshole ex-hippie boomer today: a raging Trumpster reveling in her ignorance and stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2023 3:34 PM

Love Mama Cass. She was charismatic and fun, with a touching voice that held both joy and vulnerability.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2023 3:37 PM

From the Ed Sullivan show in 1970. Exactly how stoned was Michelle Phillips that night?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote] I hope there's a section in there about how John & Michelle were awful to her mother & she's glad Michelle is being punished via her crazy jesus freak daughter

Owen has just taped an episode of California Preaching to plug the book.. At one point Owen is talking about the first time Cass sang with Elvis and a church choir and Chynna chirps in that at that moment Mama Cass (who was Jewish) must have felt the holy spirit come over her. A look comes over Owen's face that says "This bitch is crazy, but I've got a book to sell."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2023 4:14 PM

[QUOTE]John & Michelle were awful to her mother

I'd never read about Michelle being awful to Cass. I've read they were friends and Michelle remained in Owen's life after her mother died. I'm pretty sure I read that here in DL.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2023 4:26 PM

You bitches would be all over Cass, treating her like Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2023 4:31 PM

R11, Cass’ relationship with Michelle must have been wounded when Michelle began fucking Denny, who Cass lusted after.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2023 4:39 PM

Michelle is a delusional asshole. At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, she said class would be there in a designer skinny dress. Wtf. They - all of them could never shut up about her weight. Maybe if people could have shut up Cass wouldn’t have been on so many drugs to shut their shitty words out. Chyna is also an asshole. As for this book, what could the kid know? She was a baby when Cass died.

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2023 4:48 PM

Robert Caro never met LBJ yet he's considered his definitive biographer. Pretty much it's usually only ghost writers for celebrity or VIP autobiographies who have extended access to their subjects.

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote]Michelle is a delusional asshole. At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, she said class would be there in a designer skinny dress. Wtf. They - all of them could never shut up about her weight.

♪ And no one's gettin' fat except Mama Cass ♫

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2023 5:11 PM

Cass’ kid is no journalist. It’s a for $$ book.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2023 5:37 PM

The book will not be released until May of 2024.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2023 5:46 PM

Cass was phat!!

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2023 6:06 PM

I think it should be released on Mardi Gras.

by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2023 7:54 PM

Does anyone know who bought the film rights? Asking for a friend...

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2023 8:06 PM

Owen Elliott (her surname at the time) was the fourth member of the singing group Wilson Phillips but left the group before the girls hit it big time.

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2023 8:48 PM

What was the name of the group before she departed?

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2023 8:51 PM

The inbreds and the rednecks

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2023 8:53 PM

😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote]What was the name of the group before she departed?

the Pop-Tarts

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2023 8:59 PM

Did she or Did she not choke on a ham sandwich?

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2023 9:13 PM

She did not, r27.

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2023 9:20 PM

I probably wouldn’t read it.

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2023 9:25 PM

I’ll read it.

by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2023 9:34 PM

Loved her voice and charm...and that little dancing from side to side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 15, 2023 9:40 PM

^ Unaware of their provenance and significance, Casey DeSantis bought the boots at a garage sale. "They're perfect for Ron and the same size!"

by Anonymousreply 32December 15, 2023 9:43 PM

R22 R23. Regarding Owen Elliot..."Wilson Phillips" started as "The Wilsons" with Carnie and Wendy Wilson, daughters of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. Chynna, Michele Phillips' daughter, joined The Wilsons in 1986 and the group became "Wilson Phillips." Owen Elliot, Cass Elliot's daughter, was invited to also join the group, but she declined to pursue a solo career.

Wilson Phillips released their debut album, Wilson Phillips, in 1990. Their debut single, "Hold On," hit number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart on June 9, 1990. The single was also number one on the US Billboard Adult Contemporary and became a hit in several other countries; peaking at number two in Australia, number six in the UK, number seven in Ireland, number 10 in Sweden, and number 15 in the Netherlands, Germany, and Switzerland. The single also won Wilson Phillips the Billboard Music Award for Hot 100 Single of the Year for 1990. The second single, "Release Me", spent two weeks at number one. Their third single, "Impulsive, became another top ten hit, peaking at number four on the Hot 100, while fourth single "You're in Love" hit number one in the US for one week. The fifth single, "The Dream Is Still Alive", peaked at number twelve on the Hot 100.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2023 9:45 PM

Hi Chyna 🖐🏻

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2023 9:59 PM

R28, But, her daughter admits that there was an uneaten ham sandwich found on her nightstand that her assistant had prepared and left there for Cass.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2023 10:59 PM

What a low life. What exactly is he famous for? Has he any sort of education or ability to speak coherently? I seem to remember him wanting Mark Zuckerberg to give him %1 billion because he was in debt... He needs to do an honest day's work.

by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2023 5:07 AM

I have no idea where r36 intended to post, but it sounds interesting...

by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2023 5:49 AM

R37 No idea how it got in here...it's the closest that guy will ever come to real musical talent is to being accidentally being inserted into a thread on Cass Eliot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2023 6:00 AM

It's a hard choice, if you want your book to be widely read and be a huge financial success, the obvious title is "Ham Sandwich."

If you are respectful and love your mom, it's trickier.

by Anonymousreply 39December 16, 2023 6:08 AM

Chyna at r10 is Mother God. What a flake.

by Anonymousreply 40December 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Mama Elliot had beautiful teeth

by Anonymousreply 41December 16, 2023 6:55 AM

R5 Owen is close to Michelle and Chynna, and Michelle helped find info about who Owen's father turned out to be, and arranged for them to meet, so yeah while the Michelle/Denny thing hurt Cass AND John, Michelle grew into more of an Earth Mother role over the years.

by Anonymousreply 42December 16, 2023 7:23 AM

why is this woman's name China?

by Anonymousreply 43December 16, 2023 5:07 PM

"Ladies and gentleman, you all know the most fantastic lady of the now sound, the inimitable Miss Mama Cass."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 19, 2023 1:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!