Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Random spooky, UNEXPLAINED, mysterious stories

What happened to you that was unexplainable and mysterious?

Ghosts! Weird, odd, paranormal, otherworldly, weird trip, weird, spooky, event?

by Anonymousreply 248April 1, 2024 2:20 AM

One time I saw a UFO. I was in the backyard at the pool and it was a very fast moving disc, faster than a plane.

Maybe it was a weather balloon. Area 51 was nearby.

by Anonymousreply 1December 12, 2023 11:52 PM

I lived with my best friend from college. Her cat was freaking the fuck out and wouldn't go into the kitchen. It hissed from the door.

My roommate (picked up her cat) and I went into the kitchen. The cat went ballistic when we got near the sink.

There was something coming out of the drain - it looked like the head and body of a snake: about 3" exposed. We both then freaked out. I went to the laundry room, got bleach, and poured it on whatever was in the sink.

Whatever was in the sink made a loud squeaking sound and withdrew into the drain and seemed to adhere itself to the drain pipe, from what I could tell with a flashlight.

We cranked the hot water heater up, and we left blazing hot water draining into the sink all night.

The next morning, whatever was there was gone.

by Anonymousreply 2December 12, 2023 11:56 PM

R2 Maybe it was a snake.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2023 12:03 AM

As teens we had a now you see it now you don’t moment of an old man using a crutch walking down the road. After we passsd him the 3 in the back seat turned to look at him & he was gone. Freaked us - but this is a wooded area & he could’ve slipped onto a trail. Or he was a ghost! Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2023 12:15 AM

Great stories

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2023 12:28 AM

I used to have a cat who looked at things that I couldn't see. It would stare at the ceiling or a wall very intensely for quite a while and it creeped me out. He was the last cat I ever owned, dogs don't do that shit.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2023 1:04 AM

The weirdest one this year was when I randomly thought of an old friend I hadnt talked to in a long time, and then within a minute of that thought I received a text message from her.

I’ve had super strong moments of deja vu. Not sure if it is reincarnation or what.

There have been a couple different times throughout my life where I swear I got to meet either a guardian angel or a bodhisattva or some spiritual being or something divine. Just random strangers when I am at my lowest either giving me sage advice or comfort or telling me just what I needed to hear, and then theyre gone.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2023 1:18 AM

I was at the lowest point in my life, contemplating suicide, etc., and sitting alone in a restaurant. A random woman approached me and told me that everything would be okay and that my life would turn out how I wanted. She said she loved me and then walked away, seemingly to disappear.

I was 20 at the time and in shock. She said many things that were very specific to my situation but I can't remember exactly everything she said now. It was a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8December 13, 2023 1:24 AM

R7 - I get the rare sense of deja vu every now and then. A sense that something that’s happening now happened before exactly the same. And I know what’s coming next.

by Anonymousreply 9December 13, 2023 1:31 AM

R8 Was that you??

by Anonymousreply 10December 13, 2023 1:35 AM

I was working the night shift in a pediatric long-term care facility where a lot of patients had died from near-drownings, child abuse, severe birth defects, etc. I walked by a room that was empty. Inside there was a teenage boy standing there, talking to me, but no sound was coming out of his mouth. He was solid but from his shins down there was nothing but air. He stood there for about 10-15 seconds and disappeared. I nearly shit myself and ran to the nurses station to tell them I just saw a ghost. They laughed and said, "you're not the first person to tell us that and you won't be the last. A lot of kids have died here since the sixties. This place is haunted. " I told my coworkers what happened and then they started telling me about their sightings! I was so shook up I quit a few days later.

by Anonymousreply 11December 13, 2023 1:49 AM

I once saw a sleep paralysis demon, does that count?

by Anonymousreply 12December 13, 2023 2:08 AM

My cousins grandmother disappeared one day in the late 90s, and she was never heard back from again. Her body was never found. She went for a walk and never returned.

by Anonymousreply 13December 13, 2023 2:13 AM

When my mom was in the hospital and in pretty bad shape, I went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch and really didn’t want to talk to anybody and was able to get a table in the corner with no one else around me. I had been crying all day and running on little sleep. I got up to use the bathroom and came back and there was some fat redneck looking guy was sitting at the table next to mine. I started crying again and eventually he got up and threw away his trash walked over to me and said “I don’t know what’s going on and you don’t need to tell me, but everything is going to me ok” and proceeds to walk out the door.

The next day I was home and getting ready to take a shower and stopped dead in my tracks in the hallway and what felt like a ton lifted off my shoulders and I had a sense that she was going to be ok. I then went to the hospital and my mom was so perked up and told me that she was feeling a lot better and said my dad had visited the night before. My dad died 3 years prior.

by Anonymousreply 14December 13, 2023 2:49 AM

I see things out of the corner of my eye and when I turn they are gone!

by Anonymousreply 15December 13, 2023 3:10 AM

^ Floaters dear.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2023 3:10 AM

between the ages of 10-12 I was a sleepwalker. It was first noticed by camp counselors when I was 10. When I was in 7th grade, in a somnambular state I apparently walked downstairs to the landline phone in the kitchen at 2am and dialed my best friend's number. My phone call woke his family up and alerted them to the fact that there was a fire in their kitchen. His sister went downstairs, answered the phone which was in their dining room. According to his sister she picked up the phone in their upstairs hallway and asked who it was and heard me reply before she noticed the smoke downstairs.

by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2023 3:11 AM

R7 Yeah I've done that. Had not interacted with someone for years and then started thinking about them and they text out of the blue.

by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2023 3:14 AM

R8 That's very disturbing. But, in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2023 3:15 AM

A few months ago I was staying at Ballys in Vegas. All of a sudden, my cellphone flips off the bed. It didn't fall off, it lifted and fell. It happened a second time and that was enough for me. I went downstairs to registration and asked for another room. The clerk went to the computer and sort of smiled. She asked what was wrong and I thought what's the point of lying. I said I thought there was a ghost in my room. She said there is. It's one of the haunted rooms in the hotel. Bally's was formerly the MGM which had the huge fire which killed 87 people. I didn't need to find out anything more. I just asked for a non-haunted room and didn't have another incident.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2023 3:18 AM

R15 I've heard people think that means spirits are playing with them.

by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2023 3:21 AM

from R17 she answered the phone upstairs and went down to the dining room when she said she smelled smoke.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2023 3:21 AM

R20 that's crazy. I never heard of that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 13, 2023 3:23 AM

Rented a room while in college from a crazy, religious lady who had schizophrenia and I would be awakened at night by hearing her yelling at "angels" as she referred to them. The thing was, there was something in that house that was evil. I lived there for about 7 years and would often see "shadow people." These are the very fast moving dark shadow like creatures who you can sometimes catch out of the corner of your eye but who would quickly disappear once you turned to look.

One night, I had just laid down to sleep and was wide awake when I saw a dark, shadow figure rise up RIGHT next to my bed. It was a man, wearing a hat that resembled a fedora. I actually screamed and freaked the fuck out out and he went away. I chalked it up to dreaming or sleep paralysis. That was, until about 4 years later I was driving home late one night and listening to "Coast to Coast with Art Bell" which was an old radio show on AM radio where people would call in and talk about weird shit like paranormal experiences. This guest called in and started talking about "The Hat Man" and described exactly what I had seen. I guess the Hat Man is something seen across cultures and is usually described as evil. I went home, looked up "Hat Man" on the internet and was shocked to see multiple drawings and images of what I had seen that night. Freaked me out

by Anonymousreply 24December 13, 2023 3:28 AM

R24 understandable. Hopefully he wasn't too scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 13, 2023 3:34 AM

R17 that's incredible. You saved their.lives.

by Anonymousreply 26December 13, 2023 3:38 AM

(^.^) later that day my friend and his family drove up to my house and told me what happened. I had no idea and was in disbelief. His mother threw her arms around me and gave me a big hug and said you saved our lives. They were having their kitchen remolded and apparently it was an electric fire. This was before smoke detectors were common.

by Anonymousreply 27December 13, 2023 9:29 AM

[quote]R24: One night, I had just laid down to sleep and was wide awake when I saw a dark, shadow figure rise up RIGHT next to my bed. It was a man, wearing a hat that resembled a fedora. I actually screamed and freaked the fuck out out and he went away. I chalked it up to dreaming or sleep paralysis. That was, until about 4 years later I was driving home late one night and listening to "Coast to Coast with Art Bell" which was an old radio show on AM radio where people would call in and talk about weird shit like paranormal experiences. This guest called in and started talking about "The Hat Man" and described exactly what I had seen. I guess the Hat Man is something seen across cultures and is usually described as evil. I went home, looked up "Hat Man" on the internet and was shocked to see multiple drawings and images of what I had seen that night. Freaked me out

Read this exchange in the '𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭' thread - Reply 53 starts it, and I respond at Reply 56, linking The New Twilight Zone episode, 'The Shadow Man' from 1985.

'Mr. Shadow Man' uses a sock at Reply 57 to try to reinforce his claim, but then notices my reply and responds again at Reply 67, claiming "The "Twilight Zone" lifted the lore. It didn't invent it." I answered at Reply 70:

"To demonstrate that, you'd need to provide a source describing the name ("Shadow Man") and trademark characteristics (cloak, hat, etc) that antedates that episode of the Twilight Zone. After a cursory search, I couldn't find anything prior to the middle of the 1980s. Until demonstrated otherwise, the "lore," as you put it, is drawn from that episode, just as David Icke's 'reptilians' are drawn from 'V: The Miniseries' (1984).

Some people simply cannot distinguish television fantasy from reality."

[quote]And I don't need to search for story material in the absence of experience.

"You were caught sourcing from television, and are responding defensively and gracelessly. You could have simply acknowledged the source, and noted that the thread asks for '𝑆𝑝𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠 to tell when it's light out,' and that you thought that one was worth repeating. Stamping your little feet and insisting 'they're real, they're real, they're real!' and insulting me for pointing out the episode is not the way, even if I have bruised some 𝑤𝑜𝑜 that you happen to believe in."

[quote]Sorry about your life.

"What a bitter projection of your own loss.

I condole you. :D"

It's worth pointing out that, although you (R24) are unquestionably the same user as the one in the '𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭' thread, you're using a different account to post it here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 13, 2023 10:19 AM

At R24, you mention "Coast to Coast with Art Bell" and place your own experience as being four years prior to that program. As it happens, though, the Art Bell "shadow people" program aired on April 12, 2001, placing the experience you've related as having been around 1997, 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑍𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑠𝑜𝑑𝑒, '𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆ℎ𝑎𝑑𝑜𝑤 𝑀𝑎𝑛.' (see Wiki article linked below)

Furthermore:

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 "𝐇𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐧" See also: Benadryl challenge

One example of a particular shadow person is the "Hat Man", who shares the characteristics of general shadow people but is named for a fedora hat on his head. 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟎𝐬.[12] The Hat Man is commonly associated with sleep paralysis, as well as with hallucinations induced by the recreational use of diphenhydramine, the active ingredient in the medication Benadryl.[12]"

What you're claiming for "the Shadow Man/the Hat Man" are all developments to that particular urban legend that have occurred in this century, well 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 the Twilight Zone episode. It didn't "lift the lore."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 13, 2023 10:20 AM

When I was 12 years old, my family stayed at the Stanley Hotel (the inspiration for The Shining). One night, we were standing outside on the hotel's big front patio area. There was a stone wall about 12 feet above the main grounds of the hotel that I was standing on, facing my family on the patio.

All of a sudden, I found myself on the ground 12 feet below, on my feet, looking at the wall in front of me. I looked up, and there was my family, looking over the wall and down at me, horrified. I had apparently stepped backward and fallen off the wall, but I don't remember falling, I felt no pain, and I had landed on my feet. One second I was standing up on the wall, the next second, I was standing on the ground below.

Weirdest thing that ever happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 30December 13, 2023 10:30 AM

R12 did the sleep demon look like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 13, 2023 10:37 AM

R6 I’ve known dogs that do that. It may be that there are mice or some other form of life between the walls but I’ve had dogs seemingly be captivated or tense up over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 32December 13, 2023 10:56 AM

R32 I've seen old people in nursing homes do it. Stare at nothing as if the were seeing an invisible angel or something.

P.s. I like the 🚫 button. Please feel free to use it on all the party crashers.

by Anonymousreply 33December 13, 2023 11:17 AM

All Souls Day is a big day for Catholics in Rome. The evening where the dead are supposedly closest to the living. Chiese are packed with worshippers. I had just finished dinner and decided to walk across the street to Basilica San Clemente one of the oldest churches in the city. This church was built on the ruins of a Temple to Mithras 1500 years old. I had never visited it. I immediately got a creepy vibe in the barren courtyard, a dirty dry fountain with dead trees. Sullen children just standing staring. Tres Damienesque, Inside the nave was packed with ugly monks in brown hooded cassocks chanting like extras from Name of the Rose. Their clouds of incense had a foul sulphuric smell. Hurried down the stairs into the Scavia. You walk down dark ramps past the excavations of the built over medieval church going lower, descending thru layers of time. Bug eyed Byzantine icons peered out at me thru the crumbling bricks. At the lowest level (60 ft down) the ancient pagan Mithraeum is still there illuminated with weird green lights. I was the only person down on this eerie lowest level. It was getting colder. Here there is a primeval Roman subterranean river which flooded the Colosseum for Naumachia. As I bent over and dipped my fingers in the icy black waters the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I distinctly heard a voice in my ear say "STAY" I heard my own voice yelling "NO!" Yanked my hand back. I ran the 50 ft back up those ramps in record time. Never so grateful to be back on the street. Word to the wise : If you're ever in Roma give San Clemente a wide berth. I always do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34December 13, 2023 3:07 PM

Great short story, R34! You are a natural writer

by Anonymousreply 35December 13, 2023 5:40 PM

r28, I'm r24 and have never posted that story in the other thread.

It happened to me and I listened to Art Bell all the time in my 30s so this would have been around 2003. I have never seen that Twilight Zone episode you are referring to and this happened to me in a room that I was renting while going to college.

You can go ahead and check my posting history. I've been here since 2000.

by Anonymousreply 36December 13, 2023 9:47 PM

I took a shit

by Anonymousreply 37December 13, 2023 10:00 PM

Well, it's quite clear that you're a different account, R36, I cannot dispute that. Nor can I verify how long you've been here. Maybe you've never seen that episode, or maybe you just don't remember seeing it. Memory's a funny thing, and cultural memes have a way of filtering osmotically (sort of like how UFOs used to be described as "cigar-shaped" during the era of dirigibles, but shifted almost exclusively to "saucer-shaped" about the time of 'The Thing' and 'The Day The Earth Stood Still'). But I guess whether you're both different posters who happen to have the same story depends on one's own level of credulity. I tend to keep mine on a fairly short leash.

You can admit that the 'Shadow Man' trope in popular imagination began with that 1985 episode, right? And that it's possible your experience was a dream, based upon materials to which you weren't aware you'd been exposed? Occam's Razor and all that?

Why didn't you sign your authenticated name at R24?

by Anonymousreply 38December 13, 2023 10:12 PM

My partner was dying of AIDS. He was in PR, I in NYC. A month before he died I called and then asked him about the angel that had visited him. He didn't respond, so I asked again. He said he didn't know what I was talking about. I pressed him and said you told me and he replied" tell me what I said to you". I began to tell him about a man standing by his hospital bed, and I realized that I actually had a clear vision of the scene; a tall man with shoulder length blond hair, tanned features(I saw his left profile), wearing a grey rain coat and shorts. I remember thinking he had great legs, tanned and hairy, and he wore white sneakers. I wondered about the coat, why wear a coat in PR then remembered it was that time of year with intense showers. My partner was silent and then said quietly "I don't know who told you about that, but I didn't tell you. Anyway, it's between God and me". At this point I figured something's eating his brain, but thinking afterwards,I actually had no memory of him telling me anything of the sort. I had assumed that he had, and the realization that I had a clip of this guy chatting to him in my mind made me wonder. A month later after the funeral when I was heading back to NY his mom and aunt pulled me aside and mentioned this angelic visit, saying that he could not figure out how I knew about it, since he had only told his mother and aunt 2 days before he died. He said that this visitor told him he would die but that he should not be afraid as he was going to Heaven. I am not religious but this guy had been evangelized as a kid and I found some pretty simplistic but disgusting literature in his room that some family members had made him read, about AIDS being a punishment etc. Perhaps if there is a God he sent someone to ally the fears of a kind and terrified young guy as he faced death.

by Anonymousreply 39December 13, 2023 10:23 PM

I don't authenticate that often, r38. I've been here long enough to see how certain authenticated posters are treated.

Yes, I fully admit that my experience most likely could have been sleep paralysis. I don't watch The Twilight Zone at all so there is no possibility that it came from that. The part that creeped me out was hearing that Art Bell show YEARS later (my experience happened in the mid 90's while I was commuting to UCLA from San Dimas. The house I lived in was in San Dimas and I was dating a woman at that time who was lying beside me when it happened and she had to calm me down.

But my understanding is that The Hat Man has been a thing seen for years and described by people of different cultures so it's entirely possible that the other post on the other thread saw him as well...which is weird but not unusual. It's like people who describe seeing an old hag on their chest. All of those incidences are usually sleep paralysis but it still freaked me out to see the images of what people had drawn that matched up exactly with what I saw.

It's worth noting that I have never experienced sleep paralysis prior or after this incident.

by Anonymousreply 40December 13, 2023 10:28 PM

r20 r23 I'm in the hospitality business (and past president of industry association) and it is much more common than anybody would care to admit.

by Anonymousreply 41December 13, 2023 10:45 PM

My grandfather who had been dead for over twenty years appeared to me when I was laying on my bed resting. He told me my brother was going to need my help soon and that I must help him. He also said The Red Sox would be playing in the World Series that year but they wouldn't win. My brother did have a situation and I helped him. The Red Sox lost the World Series that year, it was 1986.

by Anonymousreply 42December 13, 2023 10:56 PM

I got pregnant, and hadn't even had sex!

by Anonymousreply 43December 13, 2023 11:26 PM

Rome has a weird energy. The last night my wife and I were in Rome we went to the (I think) Piazza di Spagna. It was a mild early evening after a sunny day and people were eating outside at tables with umbrellas. All of a sudden the atmosphere changed dramatically; both objectively colder and something I can’t quite put into words. Seconds after the temperature changed a wind came through that (and this sounds crazy) seemed intentional in some way. It picked one of the table umbrellas up violently and the pointy bit impaled a woman in the eye. It was horrifying. And then it was over and the temperature went back to normal and I don’t know what happened to that poor woman.

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2023 12:10 AM

Speaking of Rome, I gave the absolute WORST sense of direction. I can get lost in the farming area I grew up in. It’s a running joke in my family. I’m notorious for my horrible sense of direction.

But I’ve never been lost in Rome. Even without a map, I have no trouble finding where I want to go in the old city . It’s fucking bizarre. I’ve been at least five times and every time, I just think where I want to, start walking and that’s where my feet take me.

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2023 12:19 AM

[quote]R40: I don't watch The Twilight Zone at all so there is no possibility that it came from that.

That comes across like those who claim they've never seen 'Star Trek,' 'Star Wars,' or even 'All In The Family.' Never listened to a Christmas song; doesn't know the Story of the Nativity. These things so fully saturate our society that it's impossible to ever fully insulate one's self from them. Everyone has a degree of exposure, even if they're not aware of it.

I've never watched so much as a single episode of 'Friends,' but I have a general awareness of what it was, who was in it, what its theme sounded like, and different odds and ends repeated to me by friends and acquaintances (i.e. "Smelly Cat"). It has made some small ingress into my consciousness whether I wanted it or not.

[quote]But my understanding is that The Hat Man has been a thing seen for years and described by people of different cultures...

Not particularly, no. Read the Wiki article I linked at R29; it dates to around 2000. Attempts to conflate it with past cultural icons associated with sleep paralysis (the 'night hag,' or 'night-mare') is not honest. It's a product of 21st century Western culture.

[quote]It's worth noting that I have never experienced sleep paralysis prior or after this incident.

I've had a night terror exactly twice in my life, each a little more than twenty years apart. The first time, in my early twenties, was the worst because of the most terrible, horrifying sound I'd ever heard in my life - which, once I'd awakened, I realized was the dissociated sound of my own screaming. The second incident was not as bad, because I had the presence of mind to remember and realize what it was while in the midst of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2023 12:46 AM

PoisonedDragon, you're an obnoxious bore. Just go away.

by Anonymousreply 47December 14, 2023 12:49 AM

Put me on ignore, R47.

R40, this article, 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞,' proposes much the same explanation I'm offering, but instead of linking it to TZ's 'The Shadow Man,' it suggests Freddy Kruger from 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' as the cultural pretext for the nightmare.

(No, my linking it on this occasion does not constitute an open endorsement of 'Quartz' as a site.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 14, 2023 12:57 AM

JFC r34 that is scary! I'm glad you made it out of there unharmed.

by Anonymousreply 49December 14, 2023 1:34 AM

I don't know what to tell you, r46. The link you posted talks about how the hat man has been seen since the late 2000's and I saw him around 1994. I never owned a computer until about 2000 so it's not like I could look him up or anything.

This thread asked for spooky stories. I contributed mine. I HAVE posted about it here before but it was likely about 20 years ago when there was a Halloween thread asking for spooky stories.

As for the The Twilight Zone, I was raised in a strict, Christian family where we weren't even allowed to watch Three's Company so the idea that I was watching The Twilight Zone as a kid is hilarious. My mom would have said it was satanic. I never saw horror films either and still don't watch them.

But this experience was very frightening to me when it happened and the shadow people I saw in that house were creepy. At the time, I told a friend of mine about them who was a Christian and she said she thought i was seeing them because I was gay meaning that Satan was somehow influencing me and around me.

But since I moved, I've never seen another thing that remotely resembles a shadow person. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 50December 14, 2023 1:52 AM

R46 WTF is wrong with you? Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 51December 14, 2023 2:02 AM

[quote] One night, I had just laid down to sleep …

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 52December 14, 2023 2:19 AM

[quote]R50: The link you posted talks about how the hat man has been seen since the late 2000's and I saw him around 1994. I never owned a computer until about 2000 so it's not like I could look him up or anything.

The Wiki link discusses how long the Hat Man has had a cultural following. The Quartz article suggests it entered the cultural zeitgeist in 1984 with 'A Nightmare On Elm Street.' I suggested The Twilight Zone.

[quote]As for the The Twilight Zone, I was raised in a strict, Christian family where we weren't even allowed to watch Three's Company so the idea that I was watching The Twilight Zone as a kid is hilarious. My mom would have said it was satanic. I never saw horror films either and still don't watch them.

You have my condolences. But your family did have a television set, right? No matter what programs you were or were not 𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑑 to watch, they would not have been able to completely sequester you from commercials, where both Fred Kruger and The Shadow Man appeared (the 1985 revival series of The Twilight Zone ran on CBS, with frequent all-day commercial coverage). For nearly twenty years, Freddy Kruger was one of those inescapable, omnipresent cultural presences on television and in the surrounding culture. Unless your mom kept you continuously in a box and kept the box under a rock, you were exposed to it.

In deference to your mom's point of view, the 1985 Twilight Zone revival series 𝑤𝑎𝑠 a bit more 'satanic' than the previous incarnation of the series; the Devil and demons made frequent appearances in the storylines, and there was that extraordinarily weird ending logo, 'The Persistence of Vision' with the Illuminati eye.

[quote]But this experience was very frightening to me when it happened and the shadow people I saw in that house were creepy. At the time, I told a friend of mine about them who was a Christian and she said she thought i was seeing them because I was gay meaning that Satan was somehow influencing me and around me.

I sincerely hope you've been able to shed yourself of that mindset since then. A lot of people never fully do. But having it at the time could well have made you more susceptible to dreaming about scary peripheral glimpses of material you were otherwise discouraged from watching.

Given what you know now, which seems more likely to you?

a) the Shadow Man is real, and you saw him, or

b) you had a night terror, a dream which took the form of a common cultural icon.

[quote]R51: WTF is wrong with you? Let it go.

Yet another sock. Nobody appointed you thread monitor, and your repeated posts with different accounts tends to suggest you need to see a whole lot more of me.

Keep it up, and I can arrange it.

by Anonymousreply 53December 14, 2023 2:21 AM

[quote] I got pregnant, and hadn't even had sex!—Mary, Bethlehem

I think you meant to sign that:

Mary, Nazareth

Bethlehem is where Jesus was born.

Everyone had to travel to his own ancestral hometown to be accounted for. So Joseph and Mary traveled from the Galilean town of Nazareth up to Bethlehem in Judah, David's town, for the census. As a descendant of David, Joseph had to go there to register.

by Anonymousreply 54December 14, 2023 2:24 AM

Greg, I would help you unpack all that, but this isn't the appropriate time or place. I'm sure you would agree. ;)

by Anonymousreply 55December 14, 2023 2:28 AM

R47 I have them blocked. Their energy is gross and they drag down every thread.

Thanks to everyone for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 56December 14, 2023 2:30 AM

I blocked him too, R56. Tedious bitch.

by Anonymousreply 57December 14, 2023 2:31 AM

▲ All the same user, using socks to try to control the thread. There's nothing more tedious than that.

by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2023 2:34 AM

Once it was really slow at work and I spent the whole day reading stories of people who had NDEs. I felt my consciousness going into a different place. I can't describe it. I was elevated into believing their experiences were real.. That communication with "the other side" was possible.

For days I immersed myself in these stories. I would listen to podcasts and drift off to sleep, and when I did I swear I could feel what it was like to be the speaker and also the other listeners in the room. It reminded me of a time I fell asleep with other people around and I could feel the being of what it was like to be other people. It's only a vague memory now.

Anyway a few times I happened to be outside at night during this period and saw these glow light flies in a cluster. I don't know what they were but I couldn't handle it and stopped reading the stories and going to deep into wanting to connect with the other side.

It was a very strange experience. I do think there's some sort of universal consciousness that links us altogether but I don't know how to explore it. Or what I'm exploring. It made me doubt my sanity so I stopped. The lights never came back.

I'm not sure if we're supposed to explore and connect with that. Perhaps it could lead to more empathy, But if you're alone in it, you simply feel alone which was the opposite of what I going for. Perhaps it was the power of suggestion by reading and I hallucinated it or maybe it was just some glow flies or something like Marfa lights.

by Anonymousreply 59December 14, 2023 2:43 AM

Poisoned Dragon, I have only one account. And now I'm blocking you because you are tedious.

by Anonymousreply 60December 14, 2023 2:50 AM

R45 here again and my awful sense of direction.

I said I got horribly lost in Athens, but one of my guardians came to my rescue.

I was in Athens prior to a cruise and wanted to explore the city a bit on my own. This was back in the 90’s before cell phones and GPS for civilians. So I took my map and compass and headed out to find some of the old temples and agora.

I wandered around, exploring for several hours until I started to get tired and my knee began to hurt and swell (an old athletic injury that would flare up after walking several miles).

I looked on the map and checked the compass and began to head back toward where I thought the hotel was. Needless to say, I got hopelessly lost. My knee has swollen to the point where I was limping and could not move my knee forward and backward but only side to side. I was exhausted, lost and desperate. I was ina part of the city where there were no tourist spots or taxis.

In desperation, I went into a small grocery store, and in my broken Greek, asked where I was. The grocer did his best to help me with gestures and pointing on the map. I thanked him and began to walk down the street where he had pointed.

Not even half a block later, an Indian woman walked up to me, asked me if I was lost, confirmed that I was heading in the right direction, told me I would be ok, asked if I needed her to walk with me. I smiled, said no since she seemed to be walking pretty quickly to get somewhere and thanked her profusely.

She crossed the street, I looked to my right, then back to the street the lady had gone down and she was just gone. In 5 sec, she’d just disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 61December 14, 2023 2:52 AM

I’m conflicted. I like Pornchick and Poisoned Dragon.

by Anonymousreply 62December 14, 2023 2:53 AM

[quote]Poisoned Dragon, I have only one account. And now I'm blocking you because you are tedious.

R60/Pornchick, I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing one of the socks, R51. I cited who I was addressing.

You hadn't noticed all of them? R47, R51, R56, R57?

I thought you and I were conversing quite nicely.

by Anonymousreply 63December 14, 2023 2:55 AM

Ha! R62, no one is asking you to choose. I just hate when posters start the lame "sock puppet!' accusations.

I'm 54 years old. I give zero fucks about creating new accounts to answer myself on ANY subject on this board. Nor would I even understand how to do so.

by Anonymousreply 64December 14, 2023 3:01 AM

Pornchick, I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2023 3:04 AM

R64 did you ever have any crazy stories on the porn sets?

by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2023 3:06 AM

R64, when we first started talking, you explained yourself. Had I continued to believe you were a sock, I would not have conversed with you. At R58, I was referring to the four separate sock accounts that were heckling my participation in the thread. Not you.

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2023 3:06 AM

I don't work on the sets. I'm an editor, r66. Yes, I have some crazy stories.

I'm in the AVN Hall of Fame and got my 21st AVN nomination this year. I've won 3 times in the past. My porn editing name is Gabrielle Anex...it's Gabrielle and then Xena spell backwards. Chances are, you've see my work...26 years in the industry.

by Anonymousreply 68December 14, 2023 3:08 AM

Lmao @ Greg. Oh, the irony…

by Anonymousreply 69December 14, 2023 3:08 AM

[quote] Greg, I would help you unpack all that, but this isn't the appropriate time or place. I'm sure you would agree. ;)

I’ve unpacked.

by Anonymousreply 70December 14, 2023 3:09 AM

So, R14, was you dad a fat, redneck-looking guy?

by Anonymousreply 71December 14, 2023 3:12 AM

R68 did the actors ever enjoy it or is it most business?

by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2023 3:13 AM

[quote]R65/Greg: Pornchick, I agree with you.

Of all posters here, I would have thought you would understand, since a single user pursues and harasses you with some fifteen to twenty sock accounts.

[quote]I’ve unpacked.

I was speaking of discussing the various contradictory accounts, and the fictional nature of the 'Census' (Romans didn't do a 'census of the whole world,' nor did they move populations to do it. That's just a narrative conceit).

by Anonymousreply 73December 14, 2023 3:13 AM

According to IMDB, our very own Pornchick was editor on both I LOVE MY MOM'S BIG TITS 2 and MY SISTER HAS A TIGHT PUSSY 5 (which was SO much better than MSHATP 4).

by Anonymousreply 74December 14, 2023 3:13 AM

R68/Pornchick, you should not have told them who you were.

Rule # 1: Remain anonymous.

Rule # 2: See Rule # 1.

by Anonymousreply 75December 14, 2023 3:23 AM

r50/Pornchick we all believe you. Poisoned Dragon is a mentally ill freak.

by Anonymousreply 76December 14, 2023 3:30 AM

Count me as another one that had a friend call me out of the blue after I had been thinking about her quite a bit. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 77December 14, 2023 3:33 AM

I think it's like we're linked. Electrically maybe. Don't we have electrical impulses in our brains? Some sort of linkage.

I think we're here to experience the feeling of not being linked and when we pass we go to a place where everyone connects instantly at the speed of light.

by Anonymousreply 78December 14, 2023 3:38 AM

Pornchick, did you start a "my crazy times in the business" thread I messed? Because you should if you didn't!

by Anonymousreply 79December 14, 2023 3:41 AM

Missed*

by Anonymousreply 80December 14, 2023 3:41 AM

r74, but I Love My Mom's Big Tits one was MUCH better than the sequel!

by Anonymousreply 81December 14, 2023 3:41 AM

r79, I'm thinking of writing a book!

I also invented a sex toy for lesbians and I get 5% of the sales!

by Anonymousreply 82December 14, 2023 3:42 AM

What's the toy?

by Anonymousreply 83December 14, 2023 3:45 AM

[quote]R76: Pornchick we all believe you. Poisoned Dragon is a mentally ill freak.

Some more of R76's output:

From 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥:

"Don't try to argue with PoisonedDragon. He's a batshit nut. He isn't even American."

"^^STFU you fucking nutbag. I only have one account, and couldn't give a rat's ass about your mental illness."

"JFC r84 you need to breathe and take your meds and go outside."

From 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞:

"^^sad old lonely crazy queen"

"Not a sock idiot, I only have one account. God, you're sad."

"Poisoned Dragon is the kind of eldergay a lot of younger gays are terrified of becoming."

"^^ no seriously, just die."

"JFC can somebody crucify Poisoned Dragon?"

"The only good thing I can say about Poisoned Dragon is that he primarily restricts himself to the religious threads and doesn't infect others. He is a sad, sad case of a life gone by. Terrible. It's over for him."

"I'm as liberal as can be but even I want to put a firecracker up PoisonedDragons ass and blow his body parts to oblivion. JFC what an exhausting cunt."

"^^oh just STFU you mentally ill freak"

From 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞?:

"^^STFU you fucking sad old nutcase."

"No Poisoned Dragon is a fucking nutcase."

"Poisoned Dragon. What a fucking nut."

This is almost all R76 does, and he is only 𝑜𝑛𝑒 of several socks. The others follow the same line, in thread after thread.

by Anonymousreply 84December 14, 2023 3:46 AM

r72, it's mostly just business. You'd be surprised at how much of it is just fake shit for the cameras. I would say in my career, I've seen about 5 real orgasms from women. The men have to cum but if they don't, they fake a cream pie. You don't see all the times the camera cuts and they just stop and ask for water and take a break. Or how often the director talks during the sex. I have to take all that out.

For some reason, the black guys with the huge cocks have issues keeping wood. Anton Hardon comes to mind as does Jax Slayer.

by Anonymousreply 85December 14, 2023 3:47 AM

r83, the Shi Shi Union

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 14, 2023 3:48 AM

A bunch of Aspie fucks on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 87December 14, 2023 4:05 AM

Poisoned Dragon just keeps proving over and over what a nutcase he is.

by Anonymousreply 88December 14, 2023 4:13 AM

PD I only have one account and couldn't give a fuck if you think I have socks you fucking freak show.

by Anonymousreply 89December 14, 2023 4:13 AM

R87 so what, normal fuck? It's not like we can control it. We try to mask it but fuck that noise. We is what we is.

by Anonymousreply 90December 14, 2023 4:22 AM

Nice to see you’re still here Pornchick

by Anonymousreply 91December 14, 2023 4:24 AM

Could we get back to weird things that happened to various posters and quit letting PD take over?

I had the classic sleep paralysis vision one night. A monkey like creature who was jumping on my bed and I had the sensation my bed was actually shaking and a crushing sensation in my chest before waking up suddenly and being completely creeped out. I actually got up and looked around my apartment.

by Anonymousreply 92December 14, 2023 4:28 AM

R92 Is that like the witch on the back? I started sleeping less and it stopped.

by Anonymousreply 93December 14, 2023 4:31 AM

I had sleep paralysis once, many years ago. I felt like there was an evil presence in the room. It was terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 94December 14, 2023 4:31 AM

Witch on the back R93? Not familiar with that. My vision was very close to the painting at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 14, 2023 4:34 AM

[quote]R88/R89: Poisoned Dragon just keeps proving over and over what a nutcase he is.

And you keep validating the sock theory. It doesn't require five or six separate accounts to converge on a thread wherever I'm posting and say variations of the same thing.

[quote]R88/R89: PD I only have one account and couldn't give a fuck if you think I have socks you fucking freak show.

Which is no doubt why you can't stop replying and keep screaming abuse and death threats.

And since the other accounts all say the same thing, there's no logical reason to believe they're other posters. Other individuals would be able to think of something original to say.

by Anonymousreply 96December 14, 2023 5:19 AM

I don’t know if this counts because as the daughter of a psychiatrist, I tend to look at these stories through that eye, but here goes:

My mom had died a couple of months prior and it was completely devastating. From beginning to end, it was five weeks and I wasn’t ready for her death (are we ever?). Additionally, she had given up on life and to see her living without nutrition and in a filthy space was heartbreaking for me and it was very traumatic throughout and after for a long time.

Anyway, I kept wondering when she was going to come back and find me or talk to me like other people claimed about their loved ones. I was in my late 40s and would sob, wondering why she hadn’t come back to tell me she was OK.

One day, I was getting ready for a work meeting and listening to “Late in the Evening” by Paul Simon (who she adored) and I simultaneously started laughing and crying in an over the top, almost manic way. It felt so much that she had finally came back to me to tell me she was OK and that moment was a big step in my healing after her death. Of course my unconscious psychiatrist dad influence told me that I was desperately hoping for that connection and made it happen but it was spontaneous and felt completely natural and almost uncontrollable.

It was a lovely, cathartic moment.

by Anonymousreply 97December 14, 2023 5:51 AM

One more story: I was fortunate enough to witness the Marfa lights on New Year’s Eve many years ago. They only appear about ten times a year and our chaotic Marfa evening spat us out at the viewing platform in subfreezing weather with about 30 other people. We had our big telescope to share and everyone shared blankets while we ooohed and aaahed at the lights. It was a beautiful, fun, icy night with lots of human connection over this legendary, semi-paranormal event.

by Anonymousreply 98December 14, 2023 6:01 AM

Apologies for further thread derailment.

Pornchick, that’s fascinating. I’d certainly enjoy hearing about your experience with parenting and licensing your invention if you’d be will share on a different thread. It could be called PCs adventures in IPland or something innocuous like that if you have stalkers on DL.

by Anonymousreply 99December 14, 2023 10:21 AM

2 why would you let hot water pour into a sink all not if you knew there was a beast stuck in the drain pipe? You could have flooded your home.

by Anonymousreply 100December 14, 2023 10:24 AM

That was for R2

by Anonymousreply 101December 14, 2023 10:24 AM

[quote] I’d certainly enjoy hearing about your experience with parenting and licensing your invention

🤭

by Anonymousreply 102December 14, 2023 11:03 AM

Oh dear!!

Patenting

Patenting

Patenting

by Anonymousreply 103December 14, 2023 11:33 AM

Ever since my mother died six years ago, I frequently wake up in the middle of the night, look at my alarm clock, and it's always 3:33. I'll also be sitting at my computer and randomly look at the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen, and it'll be 3:33. Sometimes I'll spontaneously glance at the clock on my oven, and it'll be 3:33.

I had read once that, according to those who can "speak with the dead," 3:33 is a significant time, because it's when the spirit world is most active and when those who have passed attempt to communicate with the living.

Has anyone else heard this or experienced this?

by Anonymousreply 104December 14, 2023 12:06 PM

Yes, I’ve heard that 3 AM is the “witching hour” and/or the time when the veil is the thinnest. I hope you found comfort in those early morning wake-ups.

Not the same thing, but after 2001, I used to look at the clock and it would always be 9:11. Obviously, it wasn’t paranormal but I always thought it was interesting that it would be the same time - I guess it happened 10-12 times over the course of a year or two and I guess it was a way for me to process 9/11.

by Anonymousreply 105December 14, 2023 12:16 PM

R105 Thanks. If I happen to look at the clock and see that it's 3:33, I'll say, "Hi, mom" out loud...just in case she's around.

by Anonymousreply 106December 14, 2023 12:20 PM

I might flash my pussy on Xmas

by Anonymousreply 107December 14, 2023 12:31 PM

Hotel Bothwell, Sedalia, Missouri. Three stays.

The first time I didn't know it had a reputation. The first stay included what I guess is a Shadow Man appearing in a corner of the room, blacker than the dark room, looking like a silhouette of a man in an overcoat and fedora, slowly moving towards the bed. The feeling of malevolence and threat was unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. When it got to the foot of the bed I ordered it out, and the figure moved towards the door and disappeared. The next morning I asked staff and the clerk pulled out a thick binder and wrote my story down. The owners, Mormons, didn't want staff to encourage the "stories" but some staff refused to leave the desk area after dark. Some areas were hotspots. The room I was in hadn't been reported before.

Second time, around 2 am, the same time (both nights I was working late in bed on a laptop), in the same room and from the same originating corner, a low growl started up, like an angry dog. I told it to shut the fuck up.

Third time. I checked in, went to the room and unpacked. It was about 4 pm. Almost immediately, in the same corner, a very weird twisting, swirling energy (words are inadequate) started asserting itself. No, I'd never experienced that before, but it was similar to an ocular migraine but with a strong feeling involved, too. There was a knock at the door and some men were there to move furniture and said they had to take the door off to make room. I told them it was ridiculous, called the desk and told them to move me to another room. The new room was just a nice, quiet room - no weirdness.

by Anonymousreply 108December 14, 2023 12:42 PM

I caught my 80+ year old grandparents having sex.

Spooky, unexplained and they were levitating too.

by Anonymousreply 109December 14, 2023 12:47 PM

^Anal?

by Anonymousreply 110December 14, 2023 1:20 PM

My sister (14) and I (12) were playing with our neighbor's Ouija board and asked it who it was, and it started spelling out Lucifer.

by Anonymousreply 111December 14, 2023 1:45 PM

Another promising thread derailed by DL's internecine civil wars Blocked all your tiresome arses.

by Anonymousreply 112December 14, 2023 1:59 PM

About once a week (sometimes twice in one day) since she died, I happen to glance at the clock at the exact time of my mom's birthday (i.e. hour = month and minute = year). I also see that number on license plates constantly, sometimes accompanies by her initials. Those are the most reoccurring, but there have been many such "coincidences" of songs with memories attached or eerily emotional, spot-on lyrics playing at odd and unexpected moments, etc.

I'm very interested in the space where the scientific and esoteric intersect. I've read a lot about synchronicity and entanglement, and do believe in the validity of these meaningful coincidences that validate my belief that consciousness extends beyond the limits of our physical body in life and death.

by Anonymousreply 113December 14, 2023 2:00 PM

That reminds me: For a few days after my maternal grandfather died, my Aunts’ and Mother’s cell phones kept going off from random calls from each others cell phones. (This was before smart phones, but after most people had cell phones.) A phone in an untouched purse would be calling a phone in a coat pocket for instance.

The night before my maternal grandmother had the stroke that killed her she called my mother to tell her to come visit her right away because she was about to die. She said people were visiting to come get her.

by Anonymousreply 114December 14, 2023 2:10 PM

My mother was living in a retirement community at the time of her death. There was a "panic button" in the bathroom of her apartment that she could push in case of an emergency that would alert the front desk.

Before she died, she was drugged up on morphine for about a week, and we had a bed moved into her living room so the family could be around her and sleep nearby her. On the day she died, we we were all standing by her bedside. About 5 minutes after she had died, while we were all still standing around her, there was a knock on the door. When I opened it, two people from the building's front desk were there and said they were responding to a panic button call from my mom's place.

None of us had been in the bathroom for hours. We had all been at my mother's bedside. It was almost as if her soul had left her and floated over and pushed the panic button to let everyone know she was gone. My mother was very fastidious and detailed, so it would have been very much like her to make sure she did the responsible thing and let building management know she was moving out.

by Anonymousreply 115December 14, 2023 2:44 PM

Quantum entanglement is fascinating.

We all run on electricity of sorts, energy. Which isn’t created or destroyed, it just changes form.

So, we are all entangled at some level, but we write this stuff off as “coincidence”.

by Anonymousreply 116December 14, 2023 5:21 PM

I thought the movie Lucy was interesting in that it showed if we actually harnessed all of our wasted brain space we could see the life pulse of how everything is interconnected by shared energy. Fictional yet still interesting.

by Anonymousreply 117December 14, 2023 5:42 PM

[quote] I had the classic sleep paralysis vision one night. A monkey like creature who was jumping on my bed …

Just what kind of monkey was this?

by Anonymousreply 118December 14, 2023 9:02 PM

If a monkey ever dared jump on my bed, I guarantee you he would think twice before ever doing that again.

by Anonymousreply 119December 14, 2023 9:04 PM

🐒 🛏

by Anonymousreply 120December 14, 2023 10:14 PM

August, 2011, Red Cross Ball at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club. Every time I scanned the venue, I would eventually lock eyes with Dame Shirley Bassey, who had clearly already been glaring at me, her eyes fiery red, matching her gown. A death stare, paired with a closed-mouth sinister smile.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2023 10:27 PM

If I notice you noticing me, I am coming for you.

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2023 11:08 PM

Ugh. The turd rolls into this thread and it's all over.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2023 11:24 PM

[quote] Ugh. The turd rolls into this thread and it's all over.

Get over yourself you pathetic little pussy.

by Anonymousreply 124December 15, 2023 12:09 AM

Me too R105

by Anonymousreply 125December 15, 2023 12:25 AM

R123 Dragon?

by Anonymousreply 126December 15, 2023 12:37 AM

I live in an old country house. As an 18 year old I was sitting in my dad's study in an armchair and the cat was on the sofa. Suddenly the cat stood up and began to hiss while looking at the other armchair. I glanced at the chair in time to see the empty cushions depress in front of my eyes, whereupon the cat bounded over and sat in the chair. That was enough for me. I jumped up and ran the shortest way out of the house which was past the cat and through the open sash window into the garden. My parents were away and I waited for their return before going back into the house.

by Anonymousreply 127December 15, 2023 12:37 AM

My brother and I were never close. He was eight years older than me. I moved to Los Angeles right after I graduated and never really went back home. One day I got a call, it was my brother and we talked for an hour or so. The most I ever talked to my brother in my life, like a human, like a friend. I tell him I should come home to visit the family and he says I am sure you will see us all soon. I got a call later from my mother. My brother was killed in a car accident. I said Oh my god, I just talked to him this morning and she went silent. That's not funny. She said. I told her I was not joking we had a great conversation, he told me about my niece and nephew and how much they loved their uncle and wanted to see me. She told me no way happened because he was killed last night. I have never gotten over that.

by Anonymousreply 128December 15, 2023 2:15 AM

I worked as a nighttime guard at a downtown 8 story Dallas office building. My shift was 11pm to 6 am. Bldg was only used by one company, i was only one in bldg. i had to make ‘key round’ hourly - which meant I had to go through each floor and insert a key to prove I made the round. I had heard rumors an exec had hung himself in his 7th floor office years before. One night, everything thing was normal on my 2 am round. At 3 am round , as I took elevator from 6 th to 7 th floor, the elevator door opened and there were about 3 chairs stacked haphazardly directly in front of the elevator door. I had to physically remove the chairs to get past them. Freaked me out. I RAN thru the 7th floor every night after that. And never had another incident. Still freaks me out 35 years later

by Anonymousreply 129December 15, 2023 2:32 AM

I remember being 10-ish year old, having breakfast at my grandparents' place on the Riviera and my grandmother tells me that not only was she one of the first girls to sit the baccalauréat (French graduation) when It was mostly young men but also having the perfect note in philosophy. And she tells how it had been easy for her to have 20/20 because she had dreamed the question a couple of days before. After the dream, she went to see her philosophy teacher and told him how everything in her dream had been laid out: not only the question but also the whole argumentation. The teacher told her that it was all nice and dandy but this wouldn't be this year's subject matter as it had already been asked the previous year in a nearby academy. Two days later she goes and take the exam and lo and behold this is the exact question she has dreamed of. At the end of the story, my grandma looked at me intensely and told me that I have to believe in my dreams and what my dreams tell me.

Years go by, I come out to my parents as gay and the only thing they ask from me is to please not tell my grandmothers, because they wouldn't understand. Even though it's not a problem when it comes to my grandmother on the motherly side, it is indeed a big problem when it comes to my grandmother on the fatherly side, with whom I've always been very close and with whom I share a very special bond alone among the dozen of grandchildren, the one, you guessed it, who 15 years earlier had told me that you have to believe in your dreams. So I went abroad and forgot about her as much as I hated it but a promise is a promise and only saw her once again before she passed and boy did she make it clear how hurtful my behavior had been, cutting her off out of nowhere. And then she died, but in the meantime I was so upset to realize how my taking distance had hurt her feelings and really mad at my parents for the promise I had made with them. I was inconsolable and I wished I had not made this promise or that I didn't hold it even though I made it.

by Anonymousreply 130December 15, 2023 2:41 AM

The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and sent me in a dark place mentally. I started using drugs as a way to self-medicate and used to go to a huge parking lot to meet my dealer. It was a place full of freshly made cars, not far from a factory, and all you could see in every conceivable direction were rows and rows of empty new cars. I remember going there one night, always by night, and it's cold, so cold, but then everything feels cold when you're severely depressed. I meet my dealer and asks him for what I came here for, but he tells me I have to meet someone first and I'm like "what are you talking about? It's just like miles of empty cars in every fucking direction" and he goes "nope, there's someone waiting for you in one of these cars, you just look". I have no idea what he's talking about but I crouched a bit as the cars around are pretty low, think Ford Pinto tall, so that my eyes align with a row of windows and windshields and I'm utterly shocked to see the shadow of someone sitting in the back of a car two cars away from me. "You have to go" the dealer tells me. Let me tell you how utterly freaked out I am by the sequence of events unfolding right in front of me and it feels like I'm moving toward that car in a totally dissociated state. The confusion gets extreme when now close to the car, the shadow doesn't get any sort of definition or delineation but I'm so far into a dissociative state I don't care anymore. I open the door and join the shadow on the backseat. Then, and only then, it occurred to me that the shadow has the distinctive feel and presence of my grandmother even though it's just a shadow and I immediately burst into tears. Two shadow limbs, which you might call arms, start to go around shoulders and start to hug me really close and then 'it' started: there came like an electrical current coming from those arms passing into me over my back, then through every cell of my body, but instead of being painful, it's the most ecstatic feeling in the world as I realize that electrical current was pure unadulterated love, it was forgiveness and it was a way to say "I love you and you're gonna be alright, you're going to be fixed.

And then I woke up. It was all a dream. But you have to believe your dreams, right? I must have bawled my eyes out for hours from waking up in the middle of the night until daylight because it all felt so real and so raw. And it had also been hopelessly needed. I decided that I would believe what had just happened and you just have no idea how fast it mended me mentally from addiction, depression and some other stuff. It's been 27 years and telling the story gets me every fucking time.

by Anonymousreply 131December 15, 2023 2:41 AM

Man r131 and to think the whole thing could have been avoided if they had just been ok with gay.

by Anonymousreply 132December 15, 2023 3:01 AM

R131. You were the victim in this scenario. You didn’t do anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 133December 15, 2023 4:58 AM

I opened my refrigerator, and I heard a voice say Zuul.

by Anonymousreply 134December 15, 2023 5:30 AM

I got fucked by Falco - 10 years after he died!

by Anonymousreply 135December 15, 2023 7:13 AM

R128 Wow. That must have freaked you out!

by Anonymousreply 136December 15, 2023 11:43 AM

R128 My sister says one evening one of her friends came to the door and they talked about. Later she found out he was dead.

They also spoke through a child too. The child was playing then suddenly said the person's name and they were going to be ok.

by Anonymousreply 137December 15, 2023 12:50 PM

R116 100% correct. It's also fantastical and many people want it to be true without carefully considering in some cases it just may not be so.

I wish there was a way to focus and study on it without swinging too hard in either direction. It's not true just because we want it to be and it's also not proven false just because our science can't measure it at this time.

by Anonymousreply 138December 15, 2023 1:03 PM

R136 I never talked about it again with my family. Yes if freaked me the fuck out. It really made me think about life after death and the afterlife.

by Anonymousreply 139December 15, 2023 11:50 PM

My father wasn't exactly a saint, and he had done some things in his life that were pretty despicable. He was in hospice care and was in the final minutes of his life. For the last couple of days before his death, he had been essentially unconscious, and the whole family was gathered around his bedside, waiting for him to exhale his last breath.

All of a sudden, he sprang up in bed and yelled out, "What are you accusing me of?" then fell back into bed and was unconscious again. Those were his last words, and he died later that day.

It totally freaked my mom out, and she was convinced he was "meeting his maker" and being held accountable for the sins he had committed in his life.

by Anonymousreply 140December 16, 2023 2:08 PM

Many years ago I had a strange dream of a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in several years since she and her husband lived in Shanghai where I had met them when I worked there. It was night in the dream and we were outside near some kind of transit station, trucks and busses coming and going, called the Moonlight Center. My friend looked happy and healthy and told me she was pregnant. She and her husband had given up trying the last I heard and were going to adopt. When I woke up all I thought was, 'how odd to dream about Alicia since we hadn't been in touch and I hadn't thought of her in a long time.

The next morning I got an email from her with the news she was pregnant and she and Brett were 'over the moon'.

Related woo-woo story: a woman at work was excitedly telling us how she had a scan and it was a boy! I immediately was struck with the thought, 'no you're not, you're having. a girl'. WTF, weird, I barely knew this lady. A few months later she and the husband went to New Zealand on vacation and got in a terrible car wreck and she lost the baby. A year later I heard she had a girl. I have had premonitions before and since but nothing as dramatic as those two incidents again and don't know why the hell i'm psychic with hetero couples and their fetuses lol.

by Anonymousreply 141December 16, 2023 2:50 PM

I had an interesting talk with one of my neighbors about a year ago. It’s a long story of how the subject came about, but she said when she was younger she knew when people were going to die because she could see the grim reaper near them.

I asked her what it looked like and she said, “exactly how you would think. Black, hooded rope with that scythe”.

She also said she could tell about how long it would be before they passed based on how close the reaper was to the person. She said it would stand right behind whoever was close to death and it freaked her out. She said she asked not to see that anymore since it was upsetting and it eventually stopped.

She said it never spoke and she never saw its face or eyes, but it appeared solid to her and scared her every time. Of course, she never TOLD the person. How can you tell someone the Grim Reaper is stalking them and not sound like a nutter?

by Anonymousreply 142December 16, 2023 5:36 PM

R142, did she also kiss her doll and speak of King Kong and the rain?

by Anonymousreply 143December 16, 2023 6:29 PM

[quote]She said she asked not to see that anymore since it was upsetting and it eventually stopped.

Whom did she ask? Really, what twaddle.

by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2023 7:28 PM

Not twaddle at all--much the same thing happened to very rational me. I was simply walking along under completely normal circumstances in my backyard in the middle of the day when suddenly I had not a vision but you might say a mental impression of the traditional Grim Reaper sort of hovering and looking at me from about ten feet away, then giving me a look the significance of which I didn't understand, and then finally striding away in the air over the yard's fence. I didn't think anything about it--lots of thoughts and images go through one's mind all the time (though, for me, never the Grim Reaper!)--until an hour or two later when my doctor's office called me with the completely unexpected news that I had leukemia. Gulp!

It's inexplicable, and I give the plain story without enhancement or adornment to make of what one will.

As to the question of r144 "Whom did you ask?", I'd guess that it was an internal fervent thought, like a silent prayer. If there are supernatural forces out there (or within us), or simply natural forces which we don't yet understand, it's not beyond believability that they could form themselves to images which align with the image-vocabulary of the intended recipient.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2023 8:35 PM

I put my whole fist in my gine!

by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2023 8:55 PM

R128, that's truly amazing. Almost brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing, and I'm so sorry you lost your brother.

by Anonymousreply 147December 16, 2023 9:22 PM

R144 fuck off. I've had things happen and asked them to stop too and they did. The them is the spirits, the other side, whatever.

I think many people can access this but more receptive people have it the most. I doubt they'd try to communicate with you since you know, there's no point.

by Anonymousreply 148December 16, 2023 10:22 PM

Before leaving for college and making the drive back, I said good bye to my family. I had this thought 'better hug dad again because it's probably the last time you'll see him' and I did.

A few months later in college I was writing a paper and wrote that my dad was dead. I thought that was weird of me to do that. A few days later I prayed for my mom really hard. Prayed that we would have a better relationship. The next day or so my mom called and informed me he passed away in an accident.

The weird thing was she almost died too. She was napping and someone in her dream told her to curl up in her dream and she did. The few inches of movement saved her from a fatal head injury.

It makes me wonder if prayers move those on the other to intercede. Why not save everyone from disaster? Anyway I've been praying the whole world on this tiny dot in the universe has peace and happiness. It couldn't hurt, right? Maybe they'll listen.

by Anonymousreply 149December 16, 2023 10:33 PM

r6 dogs do do that. My neighbor across the street that has 2 dogs and a cat. One of the dogs and the cat will sit side by side staring at the wall and you can't distract them.

by Anonymousreply 150December 16, 2023 10:38 PM

When sister and I were young, still in high school, our mom worked the overnight shift as a nurse. One summer night, we had a storms - the scary kind with hail and high speed wind - coming one right after the other.

We were sitting in the family room talking and out of the blue, my sister said, "This is retribution; vengeance. Someone is going to pay for their crimes tonight."

That was an extremely odd thing for her to say, we weren't religious, didn't attend church regularly. I asked her what made her think that. She said she didn't really know, and sort of laughed it off.

The next morning, after the sun came up, we went outside to look around. There was one house on our street that had a tree fall on their house, cave in the roof, crush their front porch, and smash the cars in the driveway. The rest of the houses on both sides of the street were unscathed.

I looked at my sister, her face was white as a ghost, and she said, "We won't talk about this again."

by Anonymousreply 151December 16, 2023 10:46 PM

I posted this story before. My ex and I were at a local lesbian bar (we're guys but like the place partly because it had hardly changed frim the 1930s). We're standing at the bar and a guy in a trench coat and fedora comes in and stands next to us. We stop talking. He orders a shot, downs it, and leaves. We look at each other and one of us asks, what the fuck was that?! He freaked us both out, like he was from another dimension.

A year or two later, I'm putting the trash at the curb and the same fedora guys walks out the building next to me, down the stoop and into the night. I had lived in the building for a few years, still do, never saw the fedora guy before or since.

by Anonymousreply 152December 16, 2023 10:48 PM

OK, there is HIPAA involved, but a couple came in asking for COUPLES shelter and every search response usually gives four options..

Results came up for single men only and women only shelters. I directed one to a shelter for men and his partner to a shelter for women.

Anyway, after they leave, it turns out there is a long history of undocumented spousal abuse -woman beating man.

She was arrested for attempted murder for stabbing a bus driver.

by Anonymousreply 153December 16, 2023 10:50 PM

R152 Fedora guy? Not guys? You sure he walked into the night? Maybe it was foggy.

Next time sing a Sinatra song and try to talk to him! Go back to that bar! Wouldn't it be funny if he was just a cast member leaving a Guys and Dolls production or something.

by Anonymousreply 154December 16, 2023 10:54 PM

R153 other side controlling the computer.

by Anonymousreply 155December 16, 2023 10:55 PM

R124 is rolling her stinking self in powdered sugar and ground glass.

by Anonymousreply 156December 17, 2023 12:00 AM

I farted and started to wipe but no shit

by Anonymousreply 157December 17, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote] If there are supernatural forces out there (or within us), or simply natural forces which we don't yet understand, it's not beyond believability that they could form themselves to images which align with the image-vocabulary of the intended recipient.

Sorry, that's the part that makes some of these stories sound like twaddle to me. I don't strongly believe or disbelieve in spirits, but if you want to believe that a spirit somehow knows what is the popular human conception of the Grim Reaper, and can make itself "align with that image vocabulary," that's up to you.

by Anonymousreply 158December 17, 2023 1:12 AM

R151, your story proves nothing. I'm surprised if you haven't seen many photos of the aftermath of hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. in which there is very selective damage to various houses and other objects.

by Anonymousreply 159December 17, 2023 1:15 AM

r158 The spirit infuses the abstract idea into you and your internal translator produces the image from your internal image set.

by Anonymousreply 160December 17, 2023 2:02 AM

R159 - I wasn't attempting to prove anything. The assignment was to post a random, spooky, unexplained, mysterious story, and that's what I did.

I didn't see any instructions that we were to provide scientific evidence and verified research.

by Anonymousreply 161December 17, 2023 2:53 AM

Good for you guys for sharing. I knew the cynics would come and ruin this fun thread soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 162December 17, 2023 3:57 AM

Meh, I'm a cynic and believe in scientific explanations but this stuff is still interesting and fun.

by Anonymousreply 163December 17, 2023 4:34 AM

Regarding the cats and dogs looking at something. Take a photo of where they’re looking.

A friend told me to do that when my dog was just staring at a spot to the left of my front door one night. There was a big orb there that I couldn’t see until I took a picture. I didn’t use the flash, and if it had been glare, I should’ve been able to see it without the camera.

One evening, I was playing with the cat. Throwing this toy he likes to play fetch with. I threw it and he brought it back. I thought it would be funny to video him since he was particularly amusing this night, returning his toy to me then doing his “ah ah ah” chatter for me to throw the thing again.

So, I set the video, throw his toy and turn the phone to where he ran after the toy. I’m watching him on the screen to make sure I capture him and this big blob of white shoots right past me from right to left on the screen!

It was big and I couldn’t figure out what it could be. I don’t have a ceiling fan in that room, and the air circulation is such that the air moves LEFT to RIGHT towards the kitchen .

When I went frame by frame of the video and screen captured the thing, it looked like fucking Casper. Creepy AF. But none of the cats or the dog seemed upset or agitated, so I just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 164December 17, 2023 5:36 AM

People's imaginations tend to cause all kinds of wild speculation and groundless interences. Autofocus video systems are unable to decide where to set the focus unless you specify it. You have to read the manual to see how to do it, and iphones offer you one or two areas of focus because the focal depth is very shallow on some of the longer lenses. So you see these red frames. These orbs are commonly dustmotes or insects down to tiny tiny gnats that pick up some light but never come within range of the focus. I actually tracked down what a cat of mine seemed to be watching in empty space and it was some minature swarm of tiny gnats I could only see when I got right up on them. They are called don't seeum bugs but seem even smaller than most sometimes. God knows how they got in. My clever kitty could see'em just fine and was spooking me out , as cats often do, with his incredible sensory capabilities. As usual, the natural world is brimming with countless events and phenomena we don't gave the capacity to process, so we invented the ghosts of dead ancestors and blame it on them. But as much television as most people seem to watch nowadays,, I'm surprised anyone is left who can think and string coherent thoughts together.

by Anonymousreply 165December 17, 2023 6:10 AM

*inferences

by Anonymousreply 166December 17, 2023 6:11 AM

I was picking out my latest kitty at the shelter and had pretty much decided on one. I was cuddling him and asked, “What’s this one’s name?”

The volunteer checked, and it was the rather obscure name of my beloved childhood street.

SOLD!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 17, 2023 6:54 AM

It means he was meant for you @R167

by Anonymousreply 168December 17, 2023 7:02 AM

I love him so much. He’ll take any opportunity to lie across my ankles or my hand if I’m up on the couch. I sleep on my back, and at night he plods over to curl up on my shoulder and press his cheek to mine : ) He’s clingy in the cutest way.

I was so lucky to get him.

by Anonymousreply 169December 17, 2023 7:24 AM

I’ve posted this (rather long) story before - on a Death Visitation thread. I’m actually skeptical about life after death; I was raised Catholic, and as a kid / young adult had a huge interest in the supernatural, ghosts, the occult - but in middle age, while I can see the comfort in believing in a soul, life after death, and heaven, it just seems so unlikely to me now. Although I admit that I know I don't know for sure. But the following did happen to me, and it was at the very least some kind of telepathic incident.

This happened 38 years ago, so pre internet, cell phone and personal computer, but I remember everything clearly because I talked about it with a friend as it was happening, and later with my family at my grandfather's wake.

I was my paternal grandfather's first grandchild, and a boy, so to an old Italian guy I was automatically the favorite. He was a kind, generous man and good to all his grandchildren, but as the family expression went, for him the sun rose and set on me. He was very proud that I got into the university I did, and as soon as I was accepted started talking about how he wanted to come out for my graduation - school was 1,000 miles away from home. He literally mentioned my graduation every time he saw me during my four years of college.

Spring quarter of senior year, about 10 weeks before graduation, there had been a dorm party on Friday night and I woke up with a start early Saturday morning from a disturbing dream. My immediate thought was "I need to call home," but then remembered tomorrow would be Easter and I'd call home then. I rolled over and fell back asleep.

The other reason I didn't call home immediately was there was no phone in my single dorm room. I had been on an off campus internship the quarter before, and saw no reason to pay Ma Bell 80 bucks to hook up a phone for 3 months. I also was a work study assistant to a Professor, and she let me call home long distance on her office phone - and back then that was a big deal -- long distance was expensive.

A few hours later I was down in the cafeteria eating with my friend Don who lived down the hall. He asked how I was, and I said I had just had a weird dream, that was kind of morbid and it was still on my mind. Then I told him the dream: I was in a theater watching an elaborate play - the setting looked like an engraving of Louis XIV's Grand Lever - a bunch of people standing around a fancy bed - the guy in the bed slumped over and they loudly announce "The King is dead." Then I'm having a back and forth discussion with my Father - there is some kind of animal or horse I want to keep but he says "there's no place to put it."

Next I'm in my best friends kitchen taking to him - we are both young adults, but Joe's kitchen looked like it did when we were kids, with turquoise walls and 60's appliances. Suddenly his older cousin Greg walks into the kitchen and we both fall silent and stare at him. (In the dream, as in real life, I didn't like Greg - he was a few years older and kind of a bully, so whenever he visited I didn't enjoy playing with him.). (Continued)

by Anonymousreply 170December 17, 2023 7:25 AM

Part 2 -- That was the gist of it, and Don agreed that is seemed weirdly morbid as we went back up to our rooms. When we got to my door there was a note taped to it - "Call home IMMEDIATELY," signed by the name of one of the guys currently living in my last year's dorm room - a phone number my mom would still have had. I turned to Don and said "I need to use your phone, somebody in my family is dead."

As we walked to his room I was afraid it was my dad because of the "King" in the dream. I got my mom on the phone and she told me grandpa had died earlier that morning in a car accident. My immediate reaction was actually anger - I had told my dad over a year before that he needed to take grandpa's car away from him - he was 80 and his driving frankly sucked - by my dad couldn't bring himself to do it.

The next hour was a blur - called my Prof, she helped me book a ticket and picked me up on campus and drove me to the airport. As I waited for the plane, I tried to make sense of the dream. The "King" part was obvious, and the "no place to keep it" was too. In '74 my grandfather finally got rid of his '56 DeSoto, and I really wanted the car. He would have given it to me, but it would be 6 more years before I could drive, and my dad said "I'm sorry but there's no place to keep the car for that long."

So Grandpa and dead - but I couldn't figure out why the cousin Greg part was in there - it didn't make any sense. About an hour later looking out the jet window at the clouds it hit me. I remembered one morning walking to HS with Joe our senior year when he randomly asked me, "Do you remember my cousin Greg?" "Yeah, I do,” I replied, “he was always an asshole." Joe paused a beat and then said, "Well he died the other day in a car accident."

Being a 17 year old punk I replied "Well I'm sorry, but he was still an asshole." I realized that up until my grandfather, Greg was the only person I had known who died in a car wreck - so in a rebus puzzle kind of way the dream told me exactly what had just happened.

As best as I can determine I had the dream just as or right after the accident occurred. And if I had actually called home right when I woke up, they probably wouldn't have known anything yet - my grandfather was out alone very early that morning when he got into the wreck - it took a bit for the hospital to track down an notify the family.

So did my grandfather's sprit come to say goodbye to me right after he died, or did he think so strongly of me and my graduation as he was dying that there was some kind of psychic, telepathic connection between us right before he passed away? I honestly don't know. I do know it happened, exactly as I’ve told it here, and nothing remotely similar has ever happened to me since.

by Anonymousreply 171December 17, 2023 7:26 AM

R170 and R171 - Cool story, but it could it use a good editor.

by Anonymousreply 172December 17, 2023 1:01 PM

You all are trippin

by Anonymousreply 173December 17, 2023 1:17 PM

Did Alexander I fake his death?

Did the Kaiser live an openly homoerotic life?

Who was Anna Anderson, really?

What happened to the Romanov accounts in the Bank of England.

Why on earth did Harry ever marry Meghan Markle?

by Anonymousreply 174December 17, 2023 1:20 PM

I'm intrigued by stories of UFOs and alien visitations. I read Whitley Streiber's book, Communion, where he talks about being visited by aliens all of his life and how they've bred with humans to make "hybrid" children. In one section of the book, he wrote about a couple he knew who encountered what they thought were two "hybrids."

25 years ago, I was on a business trip and was on the airport shuttle bus on the way to the rental car lot. This family got on - parents and 5 kids, probably ranging in age from 8 to 15 - and they were the freakiest things I'd ever seen. Big round heads, huge dark, strangely round eyes - really hard to explain, but they all looked like radioactive fallout mutants. They all got on the bus and just stared straight ahead. They never looked at each other, they ever spoke to each other. Everybody on the shuttle bus would try and not stare at them, but they were truly bizarre looking.

After the bus stopped and they got off at their spot, one guy on the bus said, "Did anybody else see what I just saw?" Then everybody started talking about how bizarre they were. There were some uncomfortable laughs, but it was clear that people were shaken by this family, including myself. I'd never seen anything like these people, and their behavior - or lack of it - was chilling.

Ever since that, I've always wondered if I was on a rental car shuttle with a group of alien hybrids.

by Anonymousreply 175December 17, 2023 1:42 PM

Yes, yes of course but you see every single one of these are merely coincidence and brain tricks. There's no ghosts or anything. Nope. Not at all. Hogwash and balderdash.

You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!

by Anonymousreply 176December 17, 2023 4:22 PM

[quote]The spirit infuses the abstract idea into you and your internal translator produces the image from your internal image set.

So, then, if a particular person was not familiar with the popular conception of what the Grim Reaper looks like (hood, scythe, etc.), what would they see?

by Anonymousreply 177December 17, 2023 5:54 PM

R161, my phrasing could have been better. What I meant was, if only one house out of several in a defined area is heavily damaged or destroyed in a storm or tornado or whatever, there can be natural reasons for that, and it happens all the time . So I would never guess something like that happened because the people who live in that house were being punished for their sins, which is a pretty freaking loony idea.

by Anonymousreply 178December 17, 2023 6:01 PM

My friend lives in a haunted house. She KNOWS it’s haunted, had a few experiences with the ghosts (yes, multiple) there. But she neglected to tell ME when I went to visit.

It’s a long story why I went over initially, but after we had moved everything, she invited me into her house for tea and lunch.

We sit in the kitchen and talk for a while about how they’ve been rehabbing this house back to the original 1890s look as much as they can over the past 20 years. Yeah.

The house is fucking awesome. 1890s three story monster now in a not so good part of town, but back when it was built, it was in a high class area up on a hill where you can see the river from the “widows walk” out the third floor French doors.

Anyway, before I left, I wanted to use the bathroom since I had a bit of a drive. She asks me to use the bathroom on the second floor at the top of the stairs as both downstairs bathrooms were occupied.

I told her she didn’t need to turn on the hall lights as it was still broad daylight and there was plenty of light coming in through the hallway windows and second floor balcony doors. Big mistake.

As I start up the stairs to the second floor, I get That Weird Feeling that someone was standing at the top of the stairs, glaring at me. Despite the light, the top of the stairs is dark. Really, unnaturally dark. I stop and look. I can see where the light from the second story doors is coming in, but it just gets dark on the second floor landing, fading to complete blackness at the top of the stairs.

I cannot see a form, but I know something is there and it is NOT HAPPY and it does NOT want me going upstairs. I take a deep breath and whisper “I just have to pee. Let me pass.”

The hair on the back of my neck stood up. The hair on my arms stood up and the stairs became quite cold. I was scared, but I also knew whoever it was felt they were protecting my friend and her family.

I slowly started up the stairs again and the second floor landing turned almost pitch black. Then I got mad because I had to piss pretty badly by this point and no goofy haint was going to stop me.

So I hissed at it “I’m a friend. Now MOVE!” And bolted past it into the bathroom. When I came out, it was still there, but greatly diminished.

Instead of blocking the stairs, it had moved off to the side in front of another door (I later found out was the daughter’s room). I nodded at it and bolted down those stairs like my pants was on fire.

by Anonymousreply 179December 17, 2023 6:04 PM

[quote]Regarding the cats and dogs looking at something. Take a photo of where they’re looking. A friend told me to do that when my dog was just staring at a spot to the left of my front door one night. There was a big orb there that I couldn’t see until I took a picture.

That's interesting, because the popular mythology as I understand it is that vampires, ghosts, et al. can be seen my people who are looking at them directly but DO NOT show up in photos and can't be seen in mirrors.

by Anonymousreply 180December 17, 2023 6:04 PM

[quote]My friend lives in a haunted house. She KNOWS it’s haunted, had a few experiences with the ghosts (yes, multiple) there. But she neglected to tell ME when I went to visit. It’s a long story why I went over initially, but after we had moved everything, she invited me into her house for tea and lunch. We sit in the kitchen and talk for a while about how they’ve been rehabbing this house back to the original 1890s look as much as they can over the past 20 years.

After you had moved everything? Man, you sure don't know how to tell a story.

by Anonymousreply 181December 17, 2023 6:09 PM

r177 They'd see whatever image from their intellectual/emotional/cultural warehouse that most closely represents that sort of thing to them. If I'd say to you, "I saw a pretty flower," the flower of which you'd get a mental image would be something drawn from your internal makeup/experience and would almost certainly not be the same image of a flower as was in my mind when I made the statement.

by Anonymousreply 182December 17, 2023 6:49 PM

My pasta fork just disappeared. I used it for a bit of everything: back scratcher, pulling things down from high shelves, opening and closing air vents up high…. Even after spring cleaning I never found it.

by Anonymousreply 183December 17, 2023 6:54 PM

I few times I have felt someone sit on my bed when I was in it. I assumed I was alone but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 184December 17, 2023 7:14 PM

r111: how far did it go spelling wise? It might have been Lucille Ball!

by Anonymousreply 185December 17, 2023 8:51 PM

r149: Did your mother sleep under a wrecking ball?

by Anonymousreply 186December 17, 2023 9:06 PM

r179: why were both other bathrooms occupied? How many people were in the house while you sat and had tea?

by Anonymousreply 187December 17, 2023 9:10 PM

R187, there was apparently a lot of information left out of that story.

by Anonymousreply 188December 17, 2023 9:17 PM

I was sound asleep in a hotel room when I woke up with a start because it felt like somebody was sitting on the bed. I can't explain it, I have no idea what it was.

by Anonymousreply 189December 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Earlier this year, my mother died due to dementia after a long battle. My sister had retired and moved in with her to care for her a little over a decade ago, and our agreement was that she inherit everything lest Mom's estate be sold to pay for long-term care. We settled the estate and my brother and I signed our meticulously-planned shares over to her as we'd agreed. Out of the blue, a couple months later I received a phone call from some insurance company saying they'd received word that my mother had passed and they were processing her policy according to her wishes. I called my sister and asked if she knew what was going on, and she did not; same for my brother. There were no undocumented policies, and we thought everything was complete. About 10 days later, we each received a check for the exact same amounts; not a lot of money, but nothing to sneeze at. When I called my sister to let her know and that I'd deposit the check and write her one, she said don't, just put the money toward a vacation or whatever and think of it as Mom's last gift.

Hubby and I had decided to adopt another dog a while back, but as I'd been travelling home extensively as Mom's health worsened and we knew the end was near, had decided to wait until she passed and I wasn't going to be gone so much. Well, fast forward to a couple months after Mom passed, and a pup caught our attention on Petfinder, so we inquired. The woman, who [italic]coincidentally[/italic] was the same as my mother's rather uncommon name, demanded that we come see the dog immediately. We agreed, drove a couple hours to her, and met and adopted the dog, a year-old theoretically Shih-tzu mix, was perfect. I paid the adoption fee out of the money Mom had left me, which my Hubby said was fitting because Mom always loved her pets. We went home happy.

Well, he's a holy terror. I had his DNA done and he's Shih-tzu/Yorkshire Terrier/Chihuahua/Lahsa. He barks at the top of his lungs, frequently. He got the toy-crazed Shih-tzu gene which mixed with the terrier gene makes for great games of fetch and hide and seek. He's a beautiful show dog, but think's he's a field dog and just rolls in dirt, revels in hunting, and demands to be walked for a minimum of a half-hour, twice a day. I've gotten used to washing his feet after every walk, and he gets a bath at least a couple times per week. He eats crap off the street, but turns his nose up at expensive dog food (but happily chows anything my gourmet Hubby cooks for him). In short, he's a hand full.

And it all hit home when I complained after a bath and he ran out in the back yard and rolled in the dirt, hubby said:, "He's just like you!" I realized my mother sent him to me and I can hear her now, saying "See what it's like raising a hellion child?"

by Anonymousreply 190December 17, 2023 10:37 PM

Sorry for the formatting error.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 191December 17, 2023 10:38 PM

Ok, you all have questions about my friend’s haunted house.

We moved scrap metal out of the house next to hers that they are rehabbing for her sister. That’s what we were moving. I pickup scrap as a side hustle and they had enough to fill my pickup. We didn’t go inside her haunted house until we were finished moving the scrap.

My friend has two teen aged daughters. That day, there were 7 people in the house. Her husband was in one bathroom taking a shower and the other bathroom is in her daughter’s bedroom.

Why was her husband showering downstairs? As I said, they are still working on the house. The toilet and sink upstairs was done, but the shower upstairs wasn’t yet finished at that time. It is now. Which is a run in with that haint.

Sorry. I was trying not be verbose and the cat was crawling all over me wanting attention.

by Anonymousreply 192December 17, 2023 11:49 PM

R190, I can't believe you wasted your time in typing all that bullshit, as well as my time and the time of anyone else who bothered to read it.

by Anonymousreply 193December 18, 2023 3:44 AM

Why are some of you so damned nasty? There is a difference between cuntiness and nastiness.

by Anonymousreply 194December 18, 2023 12:06 PM

R184 Lol, it got to the "f" and we threw the board and hauled ass.

by Anonymousreply 195December 18, 2023 12:31 PM

When I was a kid I was staying at my grandparents home. I was asleep in their guest bedroom and I woke up, looked to the side and saw a little boy standing there, looking at me. I was a kid so I wasn't scared. I reached my arm out in a sense to grab him and the moment I did his face looked startled and he disappeared.

It didn't seem like a dream because the room looked exactly like my grandparents room and the boy seemed and looked exactly like a little boy. I think I chalked it up as a dream and never told my family. I guess I thought ghosts are scary, and that wasn't scary so it could not have been real.

by Anonymousreply 196December 18, 2023 1:11 PM

I had a gig as a late nite DJ in a small New England town. There was a story that 200 years previous a pirate ship had been captured by the locals and all the pirates were hung for their crimes. The pirate captain vowed revenge . Now every nite when it gets foggy my nipples get hard as erasers and I have to bounce my rack up and down while screaming into my mic "IT'S THE FOG"

by Anonymousreply 197December 18, 2023 1:16 PM

r194 - It's a variation of "whistling past the graveyard". Very upsetting (and frankly, scary) to them that there may be a possibility of something they can't figure out and understand, or that it is at odds with their convenient beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 198December 18, 2023 3:43 PM

R178 - I apologize for being defensive.

I agree with you about it being a freaking, looney idea. I also think it was especially weird that my sister said it in the first place. Again, we didn't attend church except Easter, Christmas, etc. For her to say it was retribution was totally out of character for her.

by Anonymousreply 199December 18, 2023 6:26 PM

[quote]It's a variation of "whistling past the graveyard". Very upsetting (and frankly, scary) to them that there may be a possibility of something they can't figure out and understand, or that it is at odds with their convenient beliefs.

That may be apply to some people here, but not to me. I don't poo-poo spooky stories unless they make no sense or are just complete nonsense, like R190's story.

by Anonymousreply 200December 18, 2023 8:08 PM

Thanks, R199. I will say, if you had written that you knew beforehand or learned afterwards that the people who lived in the one house that was damaged had committed some horrible sins, THAT would be pretty spooky :-)

by Anonymousreply 201December 18, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote ]I don't poo-poo spooky stories

by Anonymousreply 202December 18, 2023 8:16 PM

Not scary at all. I think it would be great but, alas, I am of a reasoned, scientific bent.

by Anonymousreply 203December 18, 2023 8:26 PM

5 years after my Dad died, my nephew was born. At the age of 3 he suddenly took an interest in his grandfather, and asked if he could take care of his books and things(Dad was a physicist/chemist). It was not unusual to see the kid in Dad's study, sitting in the chair with his grandfather's reading glasses on, "reading" a book upside down, and peeering over the specs as my father used to do.

One day he asked my mom if he could look in my father's wardrobe. I was dispatched to go with him, and the kid ordered me(like Dad!) to open and go through the clothes on the hangers. "No I didn't like that shirt....that was my favorite trousers....I didn't wear ties...." all absolutely correct, even down to favorite shoes. He then pointed to the lower corner of the wardrobe and asked "what's that?". I had to bend down to see what he was pointing at, and I said" that's grandad's hospital bag". "Can I see what's in it"? I opened it, and saw Dad's pajamas, dressing gown and comb. The kid pointed at a side pocket asking what was in there and I opened it. It was filled with blister packs of various medicines;I took them out and the child picked one specific pack and, shaking his head and putting his hand on his forehead sighed "now I benember(sic)....I had to take these when I was feeling sick". Out of all the medicine, he picked out the blister pack of anti-nausea medicine. The kid could not read and had never seen the medications. After 18 months this phase faded, though he is very like his grandfather as in extremely compassionate and generous and scientifically curious. When I told my sister her comment was "oh God, I won't be able to undress with him in the room"!

by Anonymousreply 204December 18, 2023 8:36 PM

The cats and dogs staring at the wall are likely hearing mice or rats in your walls.

by Anonymousreply 205December 18, 2023 9:04 PM

R183 The missing things phenomena freaks me out. I never did find my car key, I drove home, so where did it go? It's years later and I never saw it again. Luckily I had another.

by Anonymousreply 206December 18, 2023 9:10 PM

r203 - Ha. I've been with people of "reasoned, scientific bent" who whose feet literally left the ground when confronted with an, um, strange situation.

by Anonymousreply 207December 18, 2023 9:31 PM

If you ain't got no story to share just mosey your ass along. We want to be entertained, not have a pointless bitchery debate on of all things, ghosts!

You can't say another person's experience wasn't real. You weren't there. You don't know.

by Anonymousreply 208December 18, 2023 10:54 PM

I once went into the post office to mail a letter, walked back to my car, and my keys had disappeared. I went right back in to see if I had put them down on the counter, but they weren’t there.

Not in my pockets, not in the post office. Just disappeared into thin air.

I walked home and got my spare key. Interestingly, I had been keeping the spare key on my regular key chain until about a week earlier when one of my friends gave me a hard time and said “you’d better take that off right now.”

I guess some weirdo could have immediately pocketed them with plans to steal my car later (this was before there were cameras everywhere.)

by Anonymousreply 209December 18, 2023 11:27 PM

I was once in a 7-11. I put my keys down on the counter to pay and then picked them up and put them in my pocket. The guy standing next to me at the other register starts looking for his keys. He turns to me and asks if I have them. No, I said and continued about my business. He then got mad at me saying I took his keys. I said I didn't take his fucking keys.

Turns out, I had pocketed both his keys and mine by accident. The guy was still an asshole to me. Shit happens.

by Anonymousreply 210December 18, 2023 11:33 PM

More on my friend’s haunted house.

I went over again this summer for more scrap. She also wanted to show me how they finished her other daughter’s upstairs bathroom with a hot tub. (SMH)

We start up the stairs and that ghost dude is again standing at the top of the stairs, but he’s not menacing, just watching me.

Her daughter’s room is right at the top of the stairs off the second floor landing on the left. The second floor bathroom is to the right down the hall .

We go in, look at this gorgeous bathroom and come out to the second floor landing. The ghost is standing right next to me, and I can feel the bastard literally breathing on my neck.

My friend is talking about the crown molding in the hallway and I stop her to ask about that bastard driving me nuts hovering over me. If you’ve ever felt a ghost who doesn’t want you around, you know how frightening it can be.

What it felt like - a cold, wet heavy blanket hovering all around you, enclosing you. I could see and hear fine (except for that ringing I get from haints when they’re around). It’s an oppressive feeling, like something is pressing on you, but you can’t feel it except as pressure.

I don’t want to scare her and say, “did you this place is haunted AF and there’s some asshole ghost standing right to my right breathing on my neck?” So I dance around and ask if she’s out any sort of blessing or hoodoo or other sort of thing on the house to protect it?

Right as I was asking her, I noticed that her other daughter was standing at the bottom of the stairs listening to this conversation. She turns white, screams, “ITS THE GHOST!!!!” And runs off.

I’m horrified and turn to my friend. “I didn’t say that!” I told her. She looks at me, laughs, and says, “yeah, I know the ghosts. There are three of them.”

Good. She knows. I ask her to tell the dude breathing down my neck to back the fuck off and he does.

We have an interesting discussion about her ghosts. I only felt two men but she says there’s also a lady who comes around. She’s seen the lady and the two men.

Her daughter came back and was listening to the conversation, freaking out. I told her that the one dude at the top of the stairs is VERY protective of her and her sister. He guards them like a pit bull. She didn’t find that comforting. Ghosts are scary to her.

My friend said one of them is (or was) a butler, as he knocks on the wall to let her know when someone is approaching the house and she’s alone. Which is helpful.

I know it’s not really “scary”, but it IS a ghost story. They’re not always lurking around to terrify. Sometimes, they’re just lonely or helpful. They get attached to places. Just like us.

My house was haunted, too, but he wasn’t scary, either, and I liked him. He’s moved on, but he was a big help when I first moved in.

by Anonymousreply 211December 18, 2023 11:44 PM

Well, the thread died, much like the apparitions in the tales.

by Anonymousreply 212December 19, 2023 6:27 PM

This morning I was sipping my coffee and looking out of my second story window. I have a 180 degree unobstructed view of the lawn leading to the pool. No trees just golf course size manicured lawn. It was early and there was only one person waiting for his small black Boston terrier to shit. He had the dog on a leash but I didn't see the required doggie bag in his hand. Of course this was a flag for a nosy git like me. He was a middle aged tall bald black gentleman wearing a red sweatshirt and black sweatpants. He could not have been more than 200 ft away from me as I looked out over the lawn.The dog squatted and not wanting to besmirch my pleasant morning I glanced away for no more than 4 seconds. Glanced back and they had VANISHED INTO THIN AIR! the man and his little dog too! No way this guy and the dog could have made it off 300 ft lawn in 4 seconds. Got out the binoculars to check if there was dog pile where the mutt was squatting. Nothing on the grass. Not a trace. My looney brother would claim this was glitch in the Matrix.

by Anonymousreply 213December 19, 2023 10:26 PM

^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214December 19, 2023 10:47 PM

▲ The beginning of Star Trek episode 'Catspaw.'

by Anonymousreply 215December 19, 2023 10:52 PM

That's nice R207 but doesn't really change anything.

by Anonymousreply 216December 19, 2023 11:11 PM

Stop putting vodka in the coffee.

by Anonymousreply 217December 19, 2023 11:16 PM

You be amazed how fast a black man on a white golf course can move.

by Anonymousreply 218December 19, 2023 11:58 PM

^Does that belong in one of the threads about Clarence "Uncle" Thomas and his MAGA Masters- I mean "donors"?

by Anonymousreply 219December 20, 2023 12:09 AM

R213 I've noticed time passes faster when you're older. I popped something in the microwave for 30 secs and it was over before I knew it. Maybe more time had passed than you suspect.

by Anonymousreply 220December 20, 2023 2:07 AM

I'm afraid I don't really believe, but after a long practice session in the basement of our lead guitarist's house I was all the way upstairs (he and his sister had the entire second floor) when I realized I had left my shirt and cigarettes downstairs. It seemed very hot singing and drumming, and it was summer. I went back down and couldnt find the light switch when I felt a cold, cold hand on the small of my back. I turned around and saw this gaunt bright long haired thing seemingly carved out of smoke screaming silently at me. I couldn't hear anything and it was pitch black. I also was so disoriented I couldn't find my way back to the steps up and banged into a big 8x8 support. The couple that lived on the first floor heard my story, I was so shook, and then Randy took me upstairs and showed me a huge pentagram painted on the floor of the cupola-like oddly angled attic.

by Anonymousreply 221January 9, 2024 5:25 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 222January 9, 2024 8:39 PM

No one's ever been killed by a ghost. It's not like a shark attack.

by Anonymousreply 223January 26, 2024 4:15 AM

This isn't really a spooky or scary story and has nothing to do with the paranormal but it deals with death and I have to tell somebody and whoever you are unless you just want to skip it because it has nothing to do with post death experiences(none of this spooky stuff has ever happened to me though I wish at some point it would so I could at least believe in a spirit or spiritual life) I'll tell you. I've written on DL how homophobic my parents were and how horrible they were to me but for some reason I still loved them even though I knew they didn't love me. When my father who was a real bastard died I cried and cried and couldn't stop.

My mother died a little over two months ago from pancreatic cancer and she was in hospice and I was giving her lorazipan and morphine with an eye dropper in her mouth to keep the pain at bay. Right before we upped the dosage to put her into a coma I was alone with her putting her to bed and out of the blue she asked 'Were your father and I mean to you?' I said nothing thinking it would be beyond cruel to at that moment pour forth with the decades of hurt and pain they put me through. I finished tucking her in as I was alone in the apartment with her and went into the living room where I was sleeping. As I said right after this the hospice nurse said to up the dosage which we did(my sisters were helping me during the day)and my mother went into a coma living for a couple of more days before she died. I had to administer the medication every two hours even at night to keep her in that coma state of peace and painless being.

Now here is the terrible part which I haven't told a soul except now on the internet because even if you judge me I will never know you. I literally ache inside not responding to her question as she lay dying with complete honesty at how horrible they both were to me and that she and my father were two homophobic unloving cold people who hated having a gay son and the agony it caused me throughout my life. I allowed her to die and go to wherever she went if indeed anybody goes anywhere after death without her knowing that her life on this earth did nothing but cause pain and sadness and it would have been far better had she never been born. Her entire existence from birth to death was simply to hurt people and she and her husband were truly evil and I wish that the Virgin Mary she was always praying to really existed because it would mean she and my father would be spending eternity on a spit in hell. But being that I don't believe in a heaven or a hell they simply vanished into nothing with impunity. But I had at the last moment the possibility of a great revenge, a lava flow of hatred to cover her with to end her life which I did not take and now I will suffer for it for the rest of my life. If they knew it would make them very happy.

by Anonymousreply 224January 26, 2024 6:46 AM

1-800-THERAPY^^^

by Anonymousreply 225January 26, 2024 7:05 AM

R224, she KNOWS they were. She knows. That’s why she asked. You have NOTHING to feel guilty for. If she died feeling guilty she brought it on herself and deserved every bit of it.

by Anonymousreply 226January 26, 2024 11:43 AM

R224 What R226 said. And I'll also add that you did the right thing in not responding, because it shows that you're a kind, caring person who, despite the hell your parents put you through, came out of it all with your moral compass intact.

by Anonymousreply 227January 26, 2024 11:52 AM

R104, years ago, I started noticing that I would look at the clock at night and it would almost always be 11:11. I'm not much of a clockwatcher, so the fact that it would be the same time seemed weird to me. I mentioned it to someone who told me was a known phenomenon. I forget what the significance of that time is supposed to be; something like the opportunity for transformation, because the sets of ones are like portals? I'm willing to believe it, but no special change has happened for me in all this time, and it might just be an oddity of my body clock.

by Anonymousreply 228January 26, 2024 2:34 PM

[quote] (In the dream, as in real life, I didn't like Greg

PREACH!

by Anonymousreply 229January 26, 2024 4:38 PM

R226 is correct, r224.

The Romans believed when one was close to death, everything in their life became clear, and they could honestly see for maybe the first time.

Your mother saw what they gad done. She knew it in every last molecule of her body that they were horrible to you. She knew.

She wanted your forgiveness is why she asked. You refused to give it by acknowledging her question.

So she knew. And she knew you would never forgive them, either.

by Anonymousreply 230January 26, 2024 5:57 PM

I was stroking off to porn one day and the internet froze. I had taken my hand off my cock to try to reload the page when I felt pressure, as if from another hand, on the base of my shaft. I also felt the sensation of hands squeezing my balls. I was so surprised I came right there!

by Anonymousreply 231January 26, 2024 6:06 PM

70 million people voted for Trump in 2020, and maybe as many or more will vote for him this year.

Try explaining that.

by Anonymousreply 232January 26, 2024 9:44 PM

Many of that 70 million are dead because they listened to Dear Leader and did not get vaccinated, so they're dead. Many more will be in prison for listening to his lies and attacking the capitol on Jan. 6, so they won't be able to vote. There are also plenty of people who wasted their votes in 2016 and 2020, have now learned who he really is and won't be making the same mistake again. The only way the treasonous orange can get 70 million or more votes is voter fraud or election interference from his buddies in authoritarian countries. Try explaining that.

by Anonymousreply 233January 26, 2024 9:54 PM

Grow up, R229.

by Anonymousreply 234January 27, 2024 3:02 AM

Shove a fistful of prunes up your wretched, desiccated asshole, R234.

by Anonymousreply 235January 27, 2024 3:33 AM

No more? Has this thread, like so many others, been killed by an annoying, off-topic spat?

by Anonymousreply 236January 28, 2024 11:28 PM

R24 I saw a shadow person once with a top hat. Same thing, I didn’t know what it was until I listened to an Art Bell show.

by Anonymousreply 237January 28, 2024 11:59 PM

I frightened my parents by mentioning a “soldier marching up the steps.”

I was 4 and we lived on a Civil War battlefield.

by Anonymousreply 238January 29, 2024 12:34 AM

I'm freaked out by the thought of shadow people and Hat Man. I don't even want to look up those things in case my unconscious somehow manifests them.

by Anonymousreply 239January 29, 2024 3:08 AM

I have seen shadow people but not the hat man

by Anonymousreply 240January 29, 2024 7:16 AM

What's wrong with people like me who have never seen a ghost or an apparition of a calico cat or this hat man fellow? Do we lack a perception gene or something?

by Anonymousreply 241January 31, 2024 2:11 AM

R237

Was it Fred Astaire? You should have asked him to tap dance.

by Anonymousreply 242January 31, 2024 2:16 AM

No, r241.

Most people don’t see ghosts. I haven’t seen any and I don’t want to.

You gotta be careful what you wish for, because some prankster will take you up on your offer and make you regret what you ask for.

by Anonymousreply 243January 31, 2024 2:26 AM

I found my pasta fork!! It was under the bed. I forgot I use it to fish things out from under there too.

by Anonymousreply 244January 31, 2024 8:39 AM

R230 Very self-aware. You have absolutely no judgment.

by Anonymousreply 245February 1, 2024 1:43 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 246March 31, 2024 8:20 PM

Years ago, about six months after my husband died, I got a phone call out of the blue from a woman I barely knew and whom I had not seen for years nor kept in contact with. She proceeded to tell me she knew my husband was dead because his spirit had come out of her shower while she was sitting on the toilet with a message for me. (The message was he was fine, not to worry, and to get on with my life).

by Anonymousreply 247March 31, 2024 8:48 PM

Bullshit R14. How is it you didn't recognize your own father?

by Anonymousreply 248April 1, 2024 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!