Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ugh! Poster on Philly subreddit looking for trans & queer friendly public spaces to watch the Eagles game

Commenters try to assauge this probably easily offended most likely a Zoomer poster-

f you’re rooting for the Eagles, and even beyond that, if you’re in Eagles gear, there are basically no places, ESPECIALLY in center city, that won’t welcome you with open arms. There are a lot of shitty things you can say about Philly, but on a game day, if you’re rooting for the birds everyone is one race/gender/sexuality/etc.

All of that said, check out Milkboy. Super chill, inclusive bar that is open all hours of the day for doctors and nurses. Near the Convention Center and therefore the Gayborhood. Good sports atmosphere but not obnoxiously so. They do indie and punk shows upstairs so you can kind of gauge what kind of crowd they typically get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2023 3:28 AM

What a nice response.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2023 8:23 PM

At least Eagles fans don't have to cope with, yet another, Thanksgiving game day ruined.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2023 8:25 PM

[...]-Phillywhore

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2023 8:26 PM

Go Niners!

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2023 9:20 PM

fuck the iggles

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2023 9:26 PM

Good to know, OP. I'm not a sports guy, but most of my family ended up moving to Philly a few months ago after my brother got a too-good-to-pass-up job offer. I'm considering a move myself – most likely in or near the Gayborhood, though my family lives in the 'burbs – but OTOH I admittedly don't know that much about the city in general, aside from the obvious that it's a grand but sadly troubled place (albeit massively exaggerated by the GOP that opposes all "Democrat-run cities"). Still, I've heard this about both the Phillies & Eagles – they transcend standard racial, sexual or socioeconomic norms – and am glad to see further confirmation.

I'll be there in two weeks for the holidays. Fingers crossed for what would be my first white Christmas ever, assuming it snows (though I know it's not common in December, plus last year had nearly none).

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2023 9:38 PM

"Still, I've heard this about both the Phillies & Eagles – they transcend standard racial, sexual or socioeconomic norms – and am glad to see further confirmation."

what the everloving fuck? Don't move here bc we don't need another bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2023 9:48 PM

Destruction for the Eagles. Niners win 42-19.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2023 3:28 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!