Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do I get my Amazon deliveries to arrive all on the same day?

I want to order seven different items, which are supposed to arrive within a range of five days.

But I can't take off of work for five days, just to wait for my damn packages to arrive.

And I live in an apartment building, so they can't just leave it at the front door.

Is there any way around this?

I haven't placed my order yet, because I'm in a conundrum about the delivery.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2023 9:15 PM

Amazon allows for you to choose a single date, if you'd bother to go through the purchase process.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2023 7:42 PM

What R1 said. You usually have a choice to have it shipped at once to save on packaging.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2023 7:42 PM

Options:

Pay for Prime and set your delivery day to a day of the week that you aren't a work

Use the Amazon locker option if it's available in your area

If you have a PO Box use the street address as the delivery address

Just order and hope nobody steals your shit

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2023 7:43 PM

R3 is sensible. The locker option is what I use. The neighborhood is not the greatest so I opt to pick up at my local grocery store. No porch pirates, no drama.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2023 7:46 PM

You guys are the best!

Thanks for the advice.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2023 7:48 PM

Can’t they leave them in your building in front of your door? I have freaky neighbours but I’ve never had a package stolen

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2023 7:52 PM

OP, become friends with the lady who runs the neighborhood dry cleaner. Ask her is you can have your packages delivered to her shop.

R6, you obviously don't live in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2023 7:54 PM

From what I've heard, Amazon just leaves things at the front door of your building, if it's a locked door.

They won't even bother to call your cell phone.

That's really shitty.

Naturally, it'll get stolen.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2023 7:54 PM

[quote] OP, become friends with the lady who runs the neighborhood dry cleaner. Ask her is you can have your packages delivered to her shop.

Lol R7.

Sounds like a perfect scheme to run drugs.

The old lady won't have a clue.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2023 7:55 PM

Bless your heart OP.

by Anonymousreply 10December 3, 2023 8:07 PM

This cannot be a serious post.

by Anonymousreply 11December 3, 2023 8:08 PM

It is environmentally unsensitive to order like this. Get off your fat ass and go to the store and get everything at once.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2023 8:09 PM

Amazon locker if you are very concerned.

Even if you select delivery dates, they occasionally delivery early (or late) for random reasons, so the locker will reduce stress and hassle by ensuring that your package will be safe.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2023 8:12 PM

Amazon locker - there is a large convenience store just a block away from the building where I work. I grab my packages on the drive home in the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2023 8:42 PM

I'm not in the U.S., but Amazon here doesn't have a single-day delivery option and it's a bit of a pain in the ass. I try to avoid buying from Amazon, but sometimes I give in and buy odd things not easily found in shops or elsewhere. Another aggravation is that with some orders I have the option of delivery to a locker or collection point, but then not for another order (all Prime orders). Every order is a fucking mystery about how it will be fulfilled.

On the plus side, when I do take home delivery they have become adept at signalling that the delivery agent is in or approaching my neighborhood, and then provide a tally of how many stops away. At least with that I can run out to the shops or leave the house for a time, but ordering 5 stupid things and having to stay close to home for 5 days to have the same delivery guy come 5 consecutive days is a bit ridiculous, particularly considering the stupid things I've purchased. At least the delivery people are unfailingly pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2023 9:10 PM

How do I live ?

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2023 9:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!