Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Conservatives freak out over fellow gay conservative using a surrogate

This is interesting. I am not a fan of surrogacy. I think that there are other methods to have children if you're a homosexual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2023 3:50 AM

Comments like that in the link are why I don’t trust straight people as far as I can throw them.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2023 3:38 AM

I don't have X. Who's the self-loathing gay conservative?

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2023 3:50 AM

Surrogacy has always creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2023 3:57 AM

Are they referring to Guy Benson?

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2023 4:00 AM

R4, yes

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2023 7:53 AM

I never thought the leopards would eat MY face!

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2023 7:53 AM

[quote]Comments like that in the link are why I don’t trust straight people as far as I can throw them.

R1, what are straight people saying about gays in the comments?

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2023 7:54 AM

Leopards ate my face.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2023 7:56 AM

Gawd, they’re all so ignorant. A surrogate isn’t genetically involved in any way.

It’s just assertion of heterosexual supremacy where they want to corner the market on reproduction and child birth, etc. because that’s their thing. The emphasis on the absence of a mother indicates they’d feel differently if it was a heterosexual couple and they’d probably bemoan the lack of a father in a lesbian couple.

Just so narrow-minded and ignorant and full of hate.

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2023 7:59 AM

Bear in mind that the people who buy blue ticks on X are a lot more likely to be conservative and 'anti-woke' (in support of fuckwit Musk) and blue ticked accounts show up first in the comments now.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2023 8:29 AM

[quote] I think that there are other methods to have children if you're a homosexual.

What are all these other methods?

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2023 8:34 AM

R11 Adoption, fostering, I assume they mean.. of course those come with problems.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2023 8:37 AM

[R9] [12]

"The surrogate is not genetically involved" Okay, but it is their body, which is being rented out. Money doesn't kill the connection one makes with the person growing inside them. One does not give a baby their body created, easily. It's ghoulish for you to say something like that.

"Of course those come with problems" Yeah, doesn't anything?

Surrogacy has very specific issues that people have more difficulty accepting. You are asking a woman to give away a baby she created, usually finding a woman who is economically underprivileged. So, when they see men, who have no idea or empathy towards the emotional turbulence of pregnancy and childbirth, and have heard or witnessed the (more and more common) experiences of apathy toward these poor women, they are not okay with this horrible, capitalistic practice. And that goes for anyone who does it, but obviously it's more often going to be gay men.

When LGB acceptance became more mainstream and they started letting gays adopt, there was an excitement that the thousands of abandoned foster children may have potential homes. It started to happen but quickly was dropped for surrogacy. Who wants an old beaten child, when you can get a shiny, new one that is kind of related to you?

That's why people have animosity toward surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2023 8:57 AM

Oh please, R13. Heterosexuals are hardly devoted to the cause of adoption. Look at how R13 dropped the T. She’s probably making a Q sign behind her back.

Also, the surrogate doesn’t create the child. The surrogate carries the child.

Give us a break with your fucking self-righteousness.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2023 2:26 PM

There are “open surrogacy“ situations where the child has a relationship to some extent with the surrogate and/or donor. That’s how I’d want to do it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 4, 2023 2:31 PM

I think the rent-a-womb business is morally questionable regardless of the customer’s sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 16December 4, 2023 2:41 PM

Some people think homosexuality is morally questionable, r16. Whose morals are more important?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 4, 2023 2:45 PM

In stating what “I think,” as I begin my post, r17, it’s clear that the moral compass being described is my own, is it not? But I don’t understand your point that some people think homosexuality is morally questionable. Some people think eating meat is morally questionable. Some think circumcision is. Etc. what’s your point?

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2023 2:55 PM

Only British feminists are up in arms about surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 19December 4, 2023 4:47 PM

The real problem is he's going to raise the baby Republican.

by Anonymousreply 20December 4, 2023 5:38 PM

^ No, apparently a lot of American Jesus freaks are too (at least when it's a gay couple using the surrogate)

by Anonymousreply 21December 4, 2023 5:39 PM

I am not sure why anyone would be surprised. It is in their agenda, not hidden, that they want to repeal Gay Marriage just like they repealed abortion. Any gay republican is a fool.

by Anonymousreply 22December 4, 2023 6:02 PM

Conservatives conserving their nosiness for everyone and everything they don’t like.

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2023 6:04 PM

[quote] This is interesting. I am not a fan of surrogacy. I think that there are other methods to have children if you're a homosexual.

Fuck off, Mary! No one asked.

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2023 6:38 PM

They did the same thing to Dave Rubin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2023 6:39 PM

[quote] The real problem is he's going to raise the baby Republican.

As so many of us can attest, that just doesn't work so many times.

by Anonymousreply 26December 4, 2023 6:45 PM

For most of human history, the vast majority of women’s economic prospects were limited to getting chosen by a man and then having his children in exchange for room and board.

Whatever discomfort I might have with commercial surrogacy, it seems way less exploitative than that.

by Anonymousreply 27December 4, 2023 6:58 PM

Surrogacy is morally and ethically wrong regardless of sexual orientation or identity.

Wombs and kids should not be for sale.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2023 12:42 AM

I will not be sold!

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2023 1:01 AM

[quote] Surrogacy is morally and ethically wrong regardless of sexual orientation or identity. Wombs and kids should not be for sale.

Women have the right to do what they want with their own bodies, you pig.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2023 1:03 AM

Are all the Roy Cohns of the world having IVF babies now?

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2023 1:55 AM

R14

If a surrogate doesn't create the child, than why the hell do you need a surrogate? Carrying the child, is creating it.

The sperm needs the egg, the egg and sperm need the fallopian tube, the embryo needs a placenta, it needs the hormones created by the mother's body, It needs a mother's nutrition to grow the brain, limbs, teeth, hair, etc., It needs a mother's body for protection to grow because without the mother, it would not be created.

Dink

This is one of the reasons why I am against surrogacy. People don't even know the product they are buying, they don't know the how it's made. To them it's just another thing pulled off the shelf.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2023 3:19 AM

Former Trump official condemns gay couples raising kids and using surrogates

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2023 7:55 PM

I wonder how many of those conservatives would have a different attitude if it were a straight/hetero couple using a surrogate because they can't physically have a child the normal way. I bet a lot would.

As for a woman selling her body, many women sell sex and other services. Men sell their bodies too e.g. for physical work. I don't really get that birthing a baby is technically that much different from a philosophical view.

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2023 7:59 PM

Straight, white conservatives always destroy what they cannot control.

by Anonymousreply 35December 5, 2023 8:25 PM

Gay conservatives are “Uncle Toms” of the GOP.

by Anonymousreply 36December 5, 2023 8:30 PM

[quote] If a surrogate doesn't create the child, than why the hell do you need a surrogate? Carrying the child, is creating it.

No it isn’t, retard. If it’s not your egg, you have fuck all to do with creating it. The child contains none of their DNA. They’re merely an incubator.

by Anonymousreply 37December 5, 2023 8:30 PM

R36, the progressive left isn’t exactly gay friendly either, so let’s not. We would be thrown off of rooftops in Palestine and they’re all for it.

by Anonymousreply 38December 5, 2023 8:32 PM

I dont care if hes conservative.

Why is it that people treat straight white male trans women sympathetically but make fun of gay conservatives?

The most recent example is that transvestite Republican preacher who killed himself.

by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2023 8:36 PM

"As for a woman selling her body, many women sell sex and other services."

Yes, and I have the same problem with surrogacy as I do with prostitution: Both NECESSITATE an underclass of women that can be exploited. No poor women? Neither would exist (aside from rare cases of family members acting as surrogates without financial compensation). And I have two words for anyone thinking I am only disgusted by the gay couples doing it: PARIS HILTON.

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2023 8:41 PM

R40 The problem with that is that it's completely unrealistic. You'll never, ever be able to eradicate prostitution. It's just not possible. It's not called the oldest profession for nothing. I would just try to live in the reality of this world.

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2023 8:43 PM

R38, your assumption is ridiculous. ONLY conservatives would justify it.

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2023 8:46 PM

I have no illusions about the "reality of this world", R41. It's a late-stage-capitalist nightmare, so yeah, women and children are sold like products. I don't, however, have to like it.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2023 8:48 PM

R38, Yes they would.

Does anyone remember when the father of the Pulse shooter showed up in the VIP section at a Clinton Rally in Orlando a week and a half after the shooting? He was all over tv making excuses for his son and the Clinton campaign scooped him right up.

by Anonymousreply 44December 5, 2023 8:52 PM

R43 As long as the money is good enough, there will be women wanting to do it. It's transactional but many things are transactional in this world. Even you probably have done work that you wouldn't otherwise choose to do because it would give you money to pay for your rent, food and bills. Only the very rich or lucky get to have free things.

by Anonymousreply 45December 5, 2023 8:55 PM

R44 = Fox News Addict.

by Anonymousreply 46December 5, 2023 8:56 PM

R46, You think Fox news used AI to put him in the center of the rally? Lol

by Anonymousreply 47December 5, 2023 8:58 PM

[quote]It's a late-stage-capitalist nightmare

Thanks for revealing yourself as a Marxist nutjob. Now I don't have to bother taking anything you say seriously.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2023 8:58 PM

For a while they fought Marriage Equality claiming it isn't a real marriage because you can't have kids. So when gay people go and have kids, it just kills them. They also think gay people shouldn't be raising children.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2023 9:00 PM

R48 Ironically, communist or formerly communist countries are some of the poorest and have more women advertising themselves as surrogates or prostitutes.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2023 9:05 PM

“I give you baby! You give me organ!”

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2023 9:09 PM

R39, trans people aren't helping anti-gay politicians get elected. Try again

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2023 11:26 PM

R44 = liar

No one "scooped him up"

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote] Yes, and I have the same problem with surrogacy as I do with prostitution: Both NECESSITATE an underclass of women that can be exploited.

Stop infantilizing women and mind your own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2023 11:31 PM

[quote] trans people aren't helping anti-gay politicians get elected.

Of course they are. Their insanity has swung voters to the Right.

by Anonymousreply 55December 5, 2023 11:31 PM

R39, you don't care if he helps homophobes get elected? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 56December 5, 2023 11:40 PM

r55, you are the reason the word retarted was invented.

by Anonymousreply 57December 5, 2023 11:40 PM

R57, you're a Republican liar. And a Roy Cohn wannabe

by Anonymousreply 58December 5, 2023 11:41 PM

^ Whoops I was talking to r55, not r57

by Anonymousreply 59December 5, 2023 11:42 PM

Imagine aligning yourself with a group you know who hate gay people, then you have a baby via surrogate, you receive 10x more hate from the group you've aligned with.

And you stay with them. Because...? You love the 'principles' of Republicanism - whatever the fuck they are.

It's amazing to me how void of self-respect these Gay Republicans are.

by Anonymousreply 60December 5, 2023 11:43 PM

Trans issues aren't swinging people to the right. Ask Daniel Cameron, Herschel Walker, and Tudor Dixon. Dems just did well in the November elections

Most people don't cast their vote based on a minority that makes up .6% of the population.

But leave it to the gay Republicans to hijack a thread that's not about trans people and make it into a trans thread

by Anonymousreply 61December 5, 2023 11:45 PM

R39, That tranny preacher welcomed Trump to a visit and a photo at his church.

Still nobody called him out. Everyone has empathy for h ik m even though he was writing sex stories about local women and using pictures of local children for them.

by Anonymousreply 62December 6, 2023 1:17 AM

R62, the people who outed him are transphobic and homophobic Republicans. Why are you siding with them?

by Anonymousreply 63December 6, 2023 1:21 AM

[quote]They did the same thing to Dave Rubin.

What did they do? I'm not clicking that link. Forbes paywalls their articles after a while. I don't want to waste an article on him. Just tell me what they did to him.

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2023 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!