Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever been arrested for DUI

And how did it all go down

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2023 12:38 AM

Nope. The one time I almost did, my drunk ass passed the field sobriety test. I was drunk AND black AND gay in the south with redneck white officers.

by Anonymousreply 1December 3, 2023 1:23 AM

No because I’m not poor white trash.

by Anonymousreply 2December 3, 2023 1:26 AM

I've never been arrested for anything. It's a fucking miracle.

by Anonymousreply 3December 3, 2023 1:27 AM

I have an ex and a former employee who got DUI’s. Both spent the night in jail, both spent around $10,000 on attorneys and court costs. It was really tough on the ex because he had a provisional license after that, had to be off the road by 5pm. He was already an ex so I’m hazy on the details. The former employee was a middle aged, middle class gal who liked wine. It was devastating and demoralizing for her.

by Anonymousreply 4December 3, 2023 3:48 AM

I went through a phase where I used to drive home from bars drunk, and also from friend's houses on high on pot and shrooms. It's a miracle I didn't kill someone, much less get arrested.

by Anonymousreply 5December 3, 2023 6:27 AM

I did. I was so humiliated. I was 23 and working at a bar. I had a really strong "shift" drink after work one night. It was probably three drinks in one. This was the norm for us who worked there.

After about an hour, I left work and drove home. I got pulled over because I dropped my damn cell phone and must have swerved as I searched for it in between my seat. Think I blew .1. Not much over .08.

In a way, it was the best thing that happened to me. I never drove even buzzed again. No one got hurt - I still can panic thinking about how stupid I was that night. And this was 2003 so the DUI laws weren't too harsh. I consider myself lucky to have just recieved a much deserved fine and a suspended license for three months.

Oh, my lawyer was a then 40 something "straight" married guy with a HUGE dick who fucked the hell out of me for years. Big, tall, smart sexy guy. We're still friends and still fuck around from time to time. Talk about a silver lining.

by Anonymousreply 6December 3, 2023 7:37 AM

No, but I’m curious as to when this became such an issue. I don’t remember hearing about DUI at all until the 1980s. When I was growing up in the ‘50s and ‘60s, you’d occasionally hear whispers about Aunt Mary (or whoever) driving over a fire hydrant because she’d had a few nips of sherry, but there was never a big ruckus about it.

by Anonymousreply 7December 3, 2023 8:25 AM

No. In my party days I lived in cities and didn't need to drive.

Now I'm old and a cocktail and a glass of wine over 3 hours is about as messy as I get.

by Anonymousreply 8December 3, 2023 10:38 AM

Once, over a decade ago, while on a wine-tasting trip in California. Cost me about $5000 between fines and attorney's fees (and a few hours overnight in jail while I sobered up), a few weeks of "counseling" sessions, and I couldn't drive in California for a while (but luckily I didn't live there.). Like R8, I view it as one of the best things that even happened to me despite the cost. Since that night, I've never had so much as a sip of alcohol before getting behind the wheel, and I'm always a happy designated driver for my husband and friends. I'm just glad no one was hurt while I was learning my tough lesson.

by Anonymousreply 9December 3, 2023 5:00 PM

My partner was, as a senior in college, driving home from a party. He was given a fine and spent the night in the drunk tank. I think he lost his license for three months but being in college he didn't really need to drive so it didn't matter. He was afraid his job which was already lined up would care but I think due to his age and lack of a record it somehow got expunged. Regardless, he never drank so much as a beer before driving again because it was a degrading and scary hassle.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2023 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!