Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Isabella Rosellini

Yes, nepo baby, but i find her increasingly welll meaning, a cultivated,, healthy presence. She also looks like her mother, whom i loved.

What says you, datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2023 3:57 PM

[quote] What says you, datalounge.

You may know more of what we say if you spelled her last name correctly and conducted a search, mein Fuhrer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2023 11:11 PM

I will always have a soft spot for her, because of this movie/role.

I quote her all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2023 11:12 PM

She is currently appearing in HBO's fictional Julia, looking very old

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2023 11:16 PM

She looks like an extremely beautiful woman in her 70s. I love her style-- not just in clothes, but her way of living life. Very holistic and healthy, with curiosity and humor.

by Anonymousreply 4December 4, 2023 5:09 PM

Was rewatching the version of Gaslight with IB, throughout it was striking how identical their voices are. Isabella has a unique look, she was helped by her lineage, but she's not a Dakota Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 5December 4, 2023 5:44 PM

Let’s face it, Nepo baby isn’t a European thing. At least not in the 20th century. Nepo babies in Hollywood are usually talentless. Even Anjelica Huston was raised in Ireland. Isabella’s mother was shunned and deemed a disgrace by the U.S. government and society. She certainly didn’t help Isabella.

by Anonymousreply 6December 4, 2023 6:44 PM

She has the same voice indeed, r5.

R6, i completely disagree. Nepotism does not have geographical origins, it applies everywhere. Much as i like Isabella, of course she benefited from being the daughter of Bergman and Rosellini, it is crazy to argue otherwise. And When she started her career her mother’s momentary disgrace was long in the past.

by Anonymousreply 7December 4, 2023 8:17 PM

She has a very charming way about her. I loved her starred in the funny and very underrated movie ‘Cousins’.

by Anonymousreply 8December 4, 2023 8:22 PM

Nepo babies are usually accepted if they are smart and photogenic and talented

by Anonymousreply 9December 4, 2023 9:30 PM

If you're smart, photogenic, and talented, who needs famous parents? What an asinine thing to say.

by Anonymousreply 10December 4, 2023 9:40 PM

She gets a fast pass, for many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 11December 4, 2023 9:43 PM

R10 boy are you an ignorant cunt. Plenty of smart photogenic and talented people get passed up for a myriad of reasons. Nepotism gives a much needed leg up.

by Anonymousreply 12December 4, 2023 10:16 PM

I saw her with Gary Oldman 30 years ago in a lobby of a Russian hotel. She was incandescent. She impresses me as someone who is relieved that men are finally leaving her alone and she seems to love showing her age. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 13December 4, 2023 10:37 PM

[quote]She was incandescent.

She gets that from her mother.

by Anonymousreply 14December 4, 2023 10:40 PM

R12 Passed up for what? Their dream career as host of Entertainment Tonight? Boo hoo. The post at R9 uses the vague term "accepted," which implies it takes famous parents to get anywhere at all. No shit nepo babies have an unfair advantage when trying to advance in whatever profession their parents succeeded, but to say a "smart and photogenic and talented" person is doomed to failure in life is indeed asinine. Becoming a world famous movie star/pop star/model/influencer is not the only definition of success. You need to grow up and calm down. Rage is an extremely unattractive and embarrassing personality trait.

All this to say: Isabella was, and is "smart and photogenic and talented" enough to be a success on her own. Did the connection to her famous parents help? Of course it did, but you don't see Isotta Rossellini in Vogue advertising Lancome.

by Anonymousreply 15December 5, 2023 1:56 PM

Her Insta posts give me life.

by Anonymousreply 16December 5, 2023 2:01 PM

When I was a cater waiter I was working a very casual dinner downtown where I think most of the guests thought I was the host's friend "just helping out", and Isabella was a guest. She had one of the most charming and sweet personalities of anyone I'd ever met. She was a really warm, friendly person.

Second place is Antonio Banderas (different dinner), who knowing full well I was the hired waiter gave me a big hug goodbye and a hearty thank you when I helped him on with his coat after serving dinner.

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2023 3:57 PM

R15 condescension, prissiness and effeminacy, which you exude, are also unattractive and embarrassing traits. Although I'm sure you're already aware of your flaws, being a fussy aging bottom.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2023 3:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!