Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When I was a young boy I always felt like it was my fault I didn't like Elvis movies.

Any other misapprehensions of childhood to share, you fellow neurotics or misinterpreters?

I also confused Liberace with Grandpa on "The Munsters," which made me think that every vampire was somehow nasty and "after me." I don't define what that meant, but I was damned sure I didn't want Liberace anywhere near me, no way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2023 3:05 PM

Zzzzzzzzz. Your posts are always stupid, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2023 9:03 PM

Oh, Elvis. Seeing him an old TV special as a boy (he died before I was born) was the first time I knew I was gay.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2023 9:05 PM

Ok, the words "first time" implies there were other times, but you know what I mean

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2023 9:06 PM

I meant R2. Ugh. Shutting up now.

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2023 9:07 PM

You killed Elvis, OP!

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2023 9:08 PM

[quote]but I was damned sure I didn't want Liberace anywhere near me, no way, no how.

That's understandable.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2023 9:10 PM

R17 I had a similar fear of Little Richard that you had of vampire Liberace, OP, but he kind of excited me too. An awakening, if you will.

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2023 9:17 PM

^^ That’s obviously for OP, not R17.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2023 9:18 PM

I hated my grandparents and dreaded having to go see them. On both sides.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2023 9:21 PM

We called my Uncle Heinie and Aunt Emma "Heinie and His Enema." That was at 10.

R1, I recall the smell of you, too.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2023 11:03 PM

His movies sucked but he always looked good.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2023 11:30 PM

This thread's title is epic and excellent, and should become a new piece of DL memorabilia.

by Anonymousreply 12December 3, 2023 2:42 AM

OP You didn't like his voice? He could really sing . Don't Be Cruel, All Shook Up, Suspicious MInds, don't hurt the ears.

by Anonymousreply 13December 3, 2023 3:04 AM

I lost it for Elvis when he ignored Velma from Scooby Doo in "The Trouble With Girls"

by Anonymousreply 14December 3, 2023 4:04 AM

You’d think it would be Elvis’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 15December 3, 2023 4:13 AM

Last year I watched a bunch of Elvis movie. Some of them are truly awful but there’s some I quite enjoyed. Loving You, Jailhouse Rock, King Creole, G.I. Blues, It Happened at the World’s Fair, Girls! Girls! Girls!, Viva Las Vegas, and Change of Habit.

by Anonymousreply 16December 3, 2023 4:22 AM

My childhood phobia was Bonnie Franklin. I’d run out of the room whenever One Day At A Time came on because I was terrified that if I saw her bizarre smile, my own face would freeze into that same expression.

by Anonymousreply 17December 3, 2023 9:16 AM

Change of Habit is hilarious. I still channel the old priest ranting about nuns in flapper skirts!

by Anonymousreply 18December 3, 2023 1:06 PM

I was pretty excited to see Elvis play Charro. Then I was disappointed to find out it was NOT about a Latina Guitar player.

by Anonymousreply 19December 3, 2023 1:10 PM

The way mum used to talk about Elvis and how much she'd liked him made me conclude he was an old boyfriend. At the time I had no conception he was famous

by Anonymousreply 20December 3, 2023 1:16 PM

[quote]Some of them are truly awful but there’s some I quite enjoyed.

Elvis once said that “King Creole” was the only one that he liked.

by Anonymousreply 21December 3, 2023 3:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!