Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pot v Alcohol!

You can only choose one to have for the rest of your life. What you choosin'?

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2023 12:02 PM

Pot no contest.

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2023 4:28 AM

Alcohol is poison, pot is a herbal medicine.

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2023 5:08 AM

I hate alcohol. Its so bad for your body and people who drink age terribly.

I do edibles. So much better, you feel awesome when high and no hangover. Plus it makes you love everyone.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2023 5:26 AM

I dont do either now so I really dont give a shit. Where's Vivian when you need her?

People are right that alcohol is bad for you in a number of ways though

by Anonymousreply 4December 2, 2023 7:56 AM

Weed. I used to drink probably way too much usually whiskey but then a couple years ago I did ketamine treatments for depression and after I was done with the series of treatments I just didn't have any desire to drink anymore. Occasionally I have a couple shots or beers here and there to get a little bit of a buzz but nowhere near the amount of drinking I was doing before where I craved it nightly

by Anonymousreply 5December 2, 2023 8:09 AM

I hate pot. I don’t understand people’s endless need to get high on something on the daily. I have a drink or two on the weekend at dinner, or for a celebration. People who do pot seem to need it several times a week, if not everyday. People who treat alcohol that way are alcoholics. But getting faded on the daily is some how medicinal.

by Anonymousreply 6December 2, 2023 8:12 AM

I hate the smell of weed. Are people not aware of how they stink?

by Anonymousreply 7December 2, 2023 8:36 AM

Are drunks not aware they stink? They vomit, and cause car wrecks? My major in school had lots of forensics, and the coroner told us, alcohol kills you faster than anything, and it goes everywhere, brain, kidneys et al. It's poison to some people. I like champagne but I vote for weed.

by Anonymousreply 8December 2, 2023 11:38 AM

R8, I didn’t deny that alcohol has its negatives too. I just hate the smell of weed. Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 9December 2, 2023 11:58 AM

[quote]But getting faded on the daily is some how medicinal.

Has been proven as medicinal. I dose because of both insomnia and anxiety. Have for decades.

by Anonymousreply 10December 2, 2023 12:05 PM

Neither.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2023 12:36 PM

This is for all of you pot fiends!! Just say no!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2023 1:09 PM

Sadly, I fear that weed is going to stop being so "organic" and natural as the demond for it groes.

I totally see it being hybridized (is that a word) with shit that is not good for you. All these new "strains" are all GMOs. Weren't we shrieking about GMOs several years ago?

by Anonymousreply 13December 2, 2023 1:57 PM

Pot just makes me want to sleep. Never understood the appeal unless your an insomniac (which I'm not). It's also illegal where I live so....

Booze induces sleep too but takes a lot longer so it's better value for money.

by Anonymousreply 14December 2, 2023 2:55 PM

Some of you obviously don't know anything about today's marijuana.

First, you don't have to smoke it.

Second, you can buy strains that give you energy and creativity and others that can be used for better sleep.

I still like my wine, but as you age, your body just cannot process it like it used to. I take a hit of Indica before bed and it gives me a restful night of sleep.

If I go to a concert or some other fun event, a sativa gummy puts me in a good mood and makes me talkative and want to dance.

I don't agree that there are ZERO side-effects, but it's hardly anything compared to a hangover. Hangovers make me want to sit on the couch all day, binge-watch TV, and eat shitty food until it subsides - and it's usually an entire day.

The hangover pay-back period for alcohol is just too fucking long.

by Anonymousreply 15December 2, 2023 3:02 PM

R8 You must live next to low class cannabis users, smart people use edibles or vape, no stink, go back to your slum and smell the weed.

by Anonymousreply 16December 2, 2023 4:11 PM

R16, vaping is for trash people.

by Anonymousreply 17December 2, 2023 4:16 PM

R17 - trash people drink a lot too, so....what's your point?

Proves how ignorant you are.

by Anonymousreply 18December 2, 2023 4:22 PM

R7 I agree about the smell. I can't stand it either. But that's not to say that if my job didn't prevent me from getting high once in a while, I wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2023 4:34 PM

R18 you sound special.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2023 4:41 PM

The smell is another reason why people vape. Honestly - some of you don't get out of the house much.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2023 4:41 PM

I've always loved the smell.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2023 4:46 PM

I don't care for either, so I'm good

Anyone care to share a bump of coke? 🤪

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2023 4:50 PM

As a messy nancy boy, I have received plenty of direct complaints over the years about my personal weed or booze odor. I never covered up with cologne, but I had to wash everything after each wearing. I had to shampoo this dry hair every day, and I went through endless pillow changes because I am a stoner who naps.

Since I switched to vaping, I can smell the fact I’m a mediocre cook. I still cough, but it’s high nicotine level salts in one vape and 95% THC in the other. Also, I don’t have to share tobacco every time I want to light up.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2023 4:55 PM

R20 - I am special in this thread apparently as I know the difference among the various cannabis types and how they are consumed nowadays.

I'm not relying on everyone else's experience from the 70's and 80's, which is prominent in this thread.

You sound old and out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2023 4:56 PM

I love the smell of good, skunky weed.

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2023 5:03 PM

I no longer partake in either so I am writing in ice cream as what I want to have for the rest of my life.

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2023 5:11 PM

r6 "people’s endless need to get high on something on the daily"

Exaggerate much?

The people I know who smoke weed or eat edibles are quite low key with it

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2023 5:13 PM

alcohol - it's a lot more fun. weed just makes me anxious and panicky, i inevitably end up stuck on negative thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2023 5:13 PM

I love my edibles - gave up drinking, just a little edible here and there - much cheaper, much better overall experience.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2023 5:25 PM

What about cocaine????

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2023 5:28 PM

Marihhhuana

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2023 5:49 PM

Negative thought loops with pot can be mitigated with a hit of CBD oil

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2023 4:45 AM

^ Or, don't do it at all. Why would I take something that made me introspective and paranoid. Doesn't sound like fun at all. I couldn't care less if other people take it, but I hate the shit and would rather not have to be a chemist to mitigate a bad reaction

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2023 6:43 AM

R6. Weed does wonders for my anxiety. No pharmaceutical has ever worked. I feel like most people who hate weed behave too nervously or weird when they first tried it. So they dam it for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2023 6:51 AM

Pot enabled me to overcome my trichotillomania, a problem that I’d had for over 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2023 6:53 AM

@r35, Nobody is "damning it for everybody" , they just don't like it and get tired of people like you telling us there's something wrong with US for not wanting to get stoned. I DON'T LIKE IT! 😠

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2023 7:01 AM

^ Go to bed, you've me confused with someone else... Have another joint 🤪

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2023 7:08 AM

R39 NO, it was clearly what you stated or the implication made. I don’t even smoke joints anymore you presumptuous cunt. It’s a bong or edibles for me.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2023 7:20 AM

^ Hahahahaha! Well, that's different 🤡

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2023 7:23 AM

When did this marijuana thing start up again? It’s bigger now than it ever was. When I was growing up, it was mainly something blacks and Mexicans did, and later the hippies. I’ve never taken pot in my life. On the other hand, a nice glass of wine or a cocktail is lovely. In the ‘70s, I took quaaludes very often. But never marijuana. It seems so trashy.

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2023 8:31 AM

R42, it’s a taxable commodity that has baggage.

Second hand, it’s stinky and the scent can be foul (want fowl there). Also, conversation is disjointed and stupid. Yes, it is. Shut up. It’s not a social drug no matter what you say.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2023 8:55 AM

Teacake / r40, same here. I feel much better with zero pharmaceuticals and some weed to help me sleep. Also some weed to make my orgasms transport me into another dimension.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2023 12:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!