Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends... indoor-scarves, Botox, fillers and fox hunts

A painting come to life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 11:48 PM

Botox is a lifesaver

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 10:27 PM

Well, I guess I'm happy they're happy.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 10:28 PM

Too much upholstering, too much fabric, looooove the dog!!

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 10:39 PM

It'd be like living in a museum.

I can't imagine binge-watching The Brady Bunch there.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 10:59 PM

I notice he makes a point of youthful energy. He walks quickly, bounds up and down stairs, briskly handles objets. It's all so determined and Mame Dennis Live! Live! Live!

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 11:00 PM

And I love the partner's ageless perfection and flawless skin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 11:05 PM

Virginia's version of Sigfried and Roy.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 11:17 PM

It's a great house. I saw it before the current owner bought it and it was in very good condition, having been required, plaster and masonry and woodwork repaired and in good order. Some of the bathrooms and the kitchen were in progress.

The owner would have you believe he saved it from a perilous wreck when in fact the architecture inside and out looks much as it does today. He decorated.

And he's an idiot. "The house was built in 1907 [that much is correct]...H.H. Richardson was the architect that worked on this and he had on his staff at the time Stanford White...".

That would make it a very special house indeed, considering that H.H. Richardson not only had nothing to do with the design but he died in 1886. And Stanford White did indeed work as Richardson's assistant, from the age of 18, but White spent 1878 on a tour of Europe and formed a partnership of McKim Mead & White in 1879, and was murdered in Madison Square Garden in June if 1906. Neither dead man had anything to do with the design of the house in question.

An interior designer interested in historic houses should know as much. Or make it a point to find out. Moreover he should know not to embroider facts so ridiculously wrong that anyone would know better.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 11:23 PM

...having been rewired

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 11:23 PM

[quote]Moreover he should know not to embroider facts so ridiculously wrong that anyone would know better.

Or care.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 11:31 PM

Love it. Lots of fun items to look at, details to enjoy. Looks comfy.

The owners' exteriors, however, look frighteningly overworked—doubtless necessary in their line of work.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 11:35 PM

The Fox Terrier needs her ears folded.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 11:40 PM

Looks like a bitch to clean.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 11:40 PM

I want their life.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!