Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone else hate watching people eat?

It makes me want to vomit. I especially hate those who hold food in their mouths and talk with their mouths full. Swallow it, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2023 7:31 PM

Yes. I've often wondered how wait staff are able to communicate with people while they're shoving food in their mouths and not be repulsed.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 7:17 PM

Wow such human hatred

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 7:35 PM

It's the lip-smacking mouth noises that get to me. Some people always make a noise when they swallow too--a gulping sound. I like to hear my dog and cats eat, but the dog's tongue-lapping relish when he's working on his asshole really bothers me sometimes. What can I say, he loves his ass passionately.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 7:41 PM

I don't mind watching others eat as long as I am not in earshot, but what I do not like to see is atrocious table manners.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 7:42 PM

What kind of relationship with food do you have OP? Are you repulsed by anyone eating or just people who are noisy, sloppy eaters?

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 7:44 PM

why are you "watching" people eat? pay attention to your own food and self.

seriously, is THIS what you focus on in life, OP?

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 7:46 PM

I actually dumped a friend because of this. He constantly ate with his mouth wide open. It was nausea inducing. He also couldn't get a second date. There is a connection there...

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 7:46 PM

My husband and the peanuts! Oi….

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 7:58 PM

Hey, OP . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 8:07 PM

I can't handle the way some people eat. I don't dine twice with people with really bad table manners. It doesn't cost anything to earn proper table manners even if you grew up with pigs for a family. Get your shit together people.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 8:09 PM

Bad table manners have destroyed more marriages than infidelity.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 8:24 PM

I like watching men pee at urinals. Even better, piss troughs. Or free style in nature. Beware electrified wires!

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 8:38 PM

The Victorian code in which it was considered rude to talk about the food one was eating makes a lot of sense to me. Allowing for changes in mores, I don't object to a bit of discussion, but to make the food a central point of conversation just seems wrong and a bit disgusting.

It's rare that I see it, but people eating with open mouths, shoveling enormous forks full of food into a mouth at once, even Nancy Mitford's old HKLP crime and its strange variations can be disgusting.

I'm probably not the first to suggest restaurants with "family style" table seating.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 8:51 PM

I don't make big deal out of it but I don't like watching people eat in movies or shows, no.

However, seeing foamy spit in people's mouths while they are brushing their teeth--whether in real life or on screen--that is, in my opinion, several times more disgusting than watching someone eat.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 8:57 PM

Does anyone else hate op?

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2023 9:06 PM

I had a housemate who smacked his lips when he ate. It was awful, especially when he ate prawns.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 9:09 PM

Can't stand it. Or the noises. I can watch and hear pets eat.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2023 11:00 PM

Jackie Stallone used to eat prawns like that

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2023 11:02 PM

As did Leona Helmsley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 2, 2023 12:42 AM

I hate the sound of loud eaters. The lip smackers and the auditory squelch, of a too large bite being mashed too quickly.

by Anonymousreply 20December 2, 2023 12:49 AM

YES! Back in 2016 I was having physical therapy for a knee injury and they always had CNN on at first. Then when Hillary lost they switched to the food network because people were saying the news is too depressing.

The food channel was like torture for me. Yuck. Just eat in privacy don't televise it.

by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2023 2:16 AM

People who speak with food in their mouth deserve to die.

by Anonymousreply 22December 2, 2023 2:17 AM

This is the reason I sit side by side with SOME of my friends in public.

by Anonymousreply 23December 2, 2023 2:19 AM

Hey, OP.

EAT MY COCK WHILE I WATCH.

by Anonymousreply 24December 2, 2023 3:26 AM

It is a total dick wilter on Chaturbate. The minute they eat on camera, I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 25December 2, 2023 3:30 AM

Troll

by Anonymousreply 26December 2, 2023 3:47 AM

That’s why at this thanksgiving we all ate in front of computers or the tv. This thread brings to mind Ruth Gordon in Rosemary’s Baby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2023 4:22 AM

It's literally torture.

by Anonymousreply 28December 2, 2023 4:27 AM

I HATE EATING

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2023 8:10 PM

No you fucking freak, op. I would count on dying alone if I were you.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2023 3:17 AM

I remember when I was a teenager and we visited my aunt, who was morbidly obese. We decided to take her out to lunch since she never got out of the house. She ordered lobster and when it was served she picked it up and slammed it repeatedly on the table until shell pieces started flying off, then she would loudly suck the lobster meat out. She did that repeatedly till there was nothing left. As you can imagine, all the other diners were staring and laughing. I had never been so mortified in my life. Years later when she called an ambulance to go to the hospital they had to break down her bedroom wall. It took 6 firemen to carry her out. Other than my aunt, I get annoyed when people shove food to the side of their cheek like a squirrel.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2023 3:49 AM

Most people should be forced to eat in front of a mirror before being allowed out in public

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2023 3:56 AM

I realized that I have misophonia when I lived in Chicago and rode the city bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2023 3:57 AM

Very often people who are triggered by seeing other people eat and/or eating noises have eating disorders and/or were sexually abused.

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2023 4:12 AM

Just like people who call a dick a baby arm, R34?

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2023 5:09 AM

I don't watch people eat, I too busy chowing down.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2023 5:36 AM

Eating and performing oral sex involve nearly identical facial movements. Never be photographed eating a corn dog, a burrito, a soft serve ice cream cone, etc.

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2023 7:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!