Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid Question... anybody got it recently?

Because I did and... fuck.

So it's day thirteen and:

day 0 to 2 - achey bones, mild cold symptoms, gastro symptoms and fever between 101 and 103. Got Paxlovid

day 3 - 8 Paxlovid knocked it down but I shit my brains out. Felt fine, but never tested negative

day 8 - 12. Cold symptoms returned - like a heavy head cold. Fever again last night of just over 100. Today I feel fine, like a cold is breaking up but I have my energy back. Still testing positive.

by Anonymousreply 74December 26, 2023 12:59 AM

Some people get rebound COVID after taking Plaxovid. That sounds like what happened to you.

I was lucky. I had no side effects, other than a gross metallic taste in my mouth when I took Plaxovid. I felt better within 48 hours and tested negative within 5 days.

Just keep drinking tons of water. That's what I did, and I think it helped flush it out of my system faster.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 3:52 PM

I tested positive last Friday, but had been fighting what I thought were allergies and testing negative. I had a faint second line today (Day 7).

We have a guest coming today and a holiday party tomorrow. My partner has never tested positive, but I am pretty sure he gave it to me after travel. He’s freaking out and thinks I need to go to the doctor. I’ve isolated to our top floor, but now he’s worried about airborne infection from going to the front door or getting things from the kitchen.

My symptoms were a fever on day one (after test) and a runny nose. A bad headache before.

This is just a mess. People treat Covid like leprosy while ignoring colds and other illnesses. And if you actually take responsibility by testing, it’s much worse.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 4:00 PM

Boo hoo—be glad you’re not dead. We sure aren’t after that litany you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 4:01 PM

R2 is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 4:02 PM

R2’s attitude is why it couldn’t be contained in the first place. I hope you cancelled having a guest over.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 4:04 PM

Shorter R2: "I got covid and barely noticed. If I transmit it to you and you get deathly ill, it's not my problem."

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 4:07 PM

I finally got it for the first time last month and fuck it really took me out! Took about 10 days to get over it. Started on Paxlovid and stopped after 3 days. Besides the other side effects, I absolutely could not deal with the metallic taste in my mouth. That drug is the devil.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 4:07 PM

So, I avoided Covid for thee years, test daily if I have any symptoms, isolated on a separate floor immediately after testing positive, and I am personally responsible for the pandemic!

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 4:11 PM

Yes, for the first time. Tested positive 10 days ago, got it in an office dinner, where half the people got it as well. Worse was the second day with horrible headaches, and generally sore. Got slightly better but never completely ok, tested again positive 3 days ago. Now i have a test waiting for me but i fear i ll get depressed if i am still positive (still feel tired).

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 4:11 PM

It's interesting to me how it is hanging on in people now... everybody I knew who ever got it was negative around the five day mark and now so many people seem to stuck through ten days and beyond. My test this morning was redder than the bar in the first round where I felt so sick and last Saturday on the last day of Paxlovid, when I got a faint line. Motherfucking COVID. And by COVID I mean China.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 4:31 PM

Yes, for the first time.

Today is day 14 and I'm just now getting my energy back. The fatigue has been unreal. Up until today I was also persistently dizzy. So much so that at times I thought I'd fall over.

I had intended on getting my COVID shot when I got my flu shot a few weeks ago, but they were out of it, and I never went back.

I will be getting my COVID shot in the future at the start of flu season. Never want to go through that again.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 4:45 PM

R11 here. Forgot to add that I still don't have my sense of smell and taste back fully either.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 4:47 PM

R2 is shitty

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 4:48 PM

R2 also tested poz for being a douchebag

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 4:51 PM

Good, you deserve it anti-vaxxer freak!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2023 4:52 PM

'tis the season in tourist-inundated NYC. I don't leave home without my N95 mask; it and boosters have kept me covid-free.

Hope those upthread are fully recovered in time for the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 4:57 PM

OP did you get the most recent booster? What city are you in?

Hope you test negative soon.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2023 5:06 PM

R17, I was just going to get the booster when I got sick. I had thought I had COVID in August. Never tested positive but told that was possible... had a sore throat and cold symptoms and felt fatigued for three weeks after. Guess I was wrong or I've had it twice within three months. My friend is a doctor and she's convinced I've got a new variant given my symptoms were so gastro and my fever was so high.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2023 5:14 PM

OP, I understand you meant to get the new vaccine but didn't. How long ago was your last vaccination?

Were you on a plane or amidst large gatherings recently, like at the office, movie theater, restaurants or bars, etc?

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2023 5:58 PM

I've had COVID twice. The first time was in July 2020, after vaccines had come out, but before boosters. That was the sickest I'd ever been. Chills, fever, splitting headache, throat so sore I couldn't swallow, lost sense of taste and smell for months. And even after I was well, I would sweat so much at night that my clothes and sheets would be so wet, I could practically wring them out. I'd never experienced something like that before. The doctor said a lot of COVID patients experience this when they "shed" the virus from their bodies.

I got it again three months ago, but this time the symptoms were much milder. Getting quickly on Plaxovid helped, but I think also being boosted helped. I was feeling fine within about five days. I'll continue to get boosted regularly.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2023 6:24 PM

I got it last year and it was really strange. Started with intense aches and pains, mostly in my legs (where i have serious chronic pain issues already). The pain was insanely intense, I've never been through anything like that. I was tossing and turning in bed dramatically for a few hours before I knocked out. After I woke back up all i had was mild cold symptoms for a few more days. But ever since then things have been different and I suspect I'm dealing with long covid symptoms. primarily brain fog and a general drowsiness/lack of energy.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2023 6:29 PM

Aspirin helped me. But I hope it’s not true that you get brain fogged and lose your taste cuz I noticed both of those and I don’t know if it’s just age.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2023 6:33 PM

R19, I had gotten my last boost in April. I've had six. Long story. In fact I had been travelling... planes, underground and trains to, from and in the UK. I was also at the theatre the Friday night I got back. So heaps of exposures in crowds. I'd have gotten the new booster but given I thought I got in late August I accepted a doctor friend's advice to defer the booster for three months to build on what was presumed to be natural immunity from August. It's hard to game. I'm not fucking around next fall. I want it by the end of October.

Like R20, this is the sickest I've been in a very long time and the longest period of illness I can ever recall. It's mostly a hassle but it's cost me two weeks of productivity and it's fucking dull.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2023 6:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 5, 2023 11:45 AM

Tacky peeps get COVID.

by Anonymousreply 25December 5, 2023 12:02 PM

Funny you should ask. My 85 year old husband, who has Alzheimer's (two years in) was very weak yesterday (could not stand on his own, sneezing, slight cough, talking in gibberish--not the usual cognitive decline I've gotten somewhat used to, but in a different class). Late yesterday afternoon, he couldn't even walk the five steps to the couch, so I called 911 and am ambulance took him to the hospital. I had tested us both for COVID at home the day before, as we were going to our annual HOA meeting, and we both came up negative. After four hours plus in a room in the ER, it turned out he has tested positive for COVID again. Given that it could have been hepatitis or something else 9slightly elevated bilirubin), this seems like comparatively "good" news. He can't take Paxlovid because he's on Plavix (he had a heart attack fifteen years ago), so I guess sleep, hydration, food, more sleep, and more hydration will be the treatment. They did not recommend putting him in the hospital as there is no special nursing care (injections, etc.) he needs and he would be isolated and, they apologetically said, "neglected" (they were very nice). I have him installed on the futon on the main floor of our townhouse (it's a nice futon with a wooden frame, not just a bed roll on the floor), and we'll see if and when he can go upstairs. My tasks today include buying a shower seat and disposable underwear (some incontinence, not related to the dementia, but to the effects of COVID). I'm 66 and I just hope I don't test positive or get sick (we both did fifteen months ago), but I can take Paxlovid--and last time it knocked out the symptoms in four days.

As Bette Davis is reputed to have said, "Old age ain't for sissies." And by sissies I don't think she meant gay men--I suspect she knew some pretty fierce homos in her day. And she was anything but a sissy herself.

So, lots of reading for me, TCM, PBS, Netflix, and The Game Show Network for him (and me), and an enforced break from the outside world. I've been doing an MA in Jungian Studies online at University of Essex. I actually made it to my 4:30 am class this morning, about to go into my 8:30 one now. Repeat tomorrow, and then collapse a bit.

by Anonymousreply 26December 5, 2023 12:28 PM

R26 hope your partner feels better soon. Love to you both.

by Anonymousreply 27December 5, 2023 1:07 PM

OP, I am recovering from my first bout with Covid which started the Sunday/Monday of Thanksgiving week with extreme fatigue and a headache. I had a fever of 100 - 102 off and on for 5 days. The doctor did not give me any Paxlovid, I took aspirin and/or Tylenol. I still have sinusitis, fatigue, and my sense of smell has not returned.

by Anonymousreply 28December 5, 2023 1:07 PM

Had covid in early October. First two days were achy and flu like. Next two were recovery. After that I experienced no symptoms. I’ve had five shots

by Anonymousreply 29December 5, 2023 1:33 PM

Stop testing yourself. It is a waste of test kits. You should pass infectious after 7 days, which is all you are testing for.

by Anonymousreply 30December 5, 2023 1:39 PM

R30, I’m definitely wasting kits, but am still positive for the twelfth day in a row. Still contagious? Considering I likely got it from someone who revealed that oh yeah he had just “gotten over COVID” after I got it, I’d say yes. I had all five shots.

by Anonymousreply 31December 5, 2023 2:05 PM

R30 Some employers require evidence of a negative test before you can return to work.

Hence, the need to test to confirm you're no longer infected.

by Anonymousreply 32December 5, 2023 2:16 PM

I tested finally tested negative today after sixteen days. I did not see any improvement on the tests until Sunday. I don't really care about wasting tests, it reinforced the need for me to wear a mask in public. I wouldn't wish sixteen days of this nonsense on anybody. I definitely rebounded after Paxlovid, but I'd take it again. Not sure I'd want to know what it would have been like without Paxlovid. I encourage everybody to get that booster. This variant was different... not more dangerous if you're reasonably healthy, but much, much more unpleasant and long lasting than anything I expected to go through at this point.

by Anonymousreply 33December 5, 2023 2:17 PM

About 2200 people died of this last WEEK; it is not over by a long shot; the media just is not covering it anymore...4000-5000 people died in the WTC towers, and the nation (and world) lost its mind...now, everyone shrugs their shoulders...

by Anonymousreply 34December 5, 2023 2:22 PM

Tens of thousands of Americans are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 and the CDC says COVID hospitalizations are on the rise for the third straight week.

COVID hospitalizations have increased by nearly 11%, resulting in almost 20,000 new hospitalizations during the week ending on November 25, the CDC confirms. Throughout the U.S., hospital beds are filling fast. More than 70% of inpatient beds are currently occupied, according to the CDC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 7, 2023 8:08 PM

My friend was almost bragging to me about having Covid on Monday. She shows up at my door today wearing a flimsy mask. I wouldn’t let her inside and waved her away. Stupid bitch

by Anonymousreply 36December 7, 2023 8:11 PM

Am surprised by these comments. My one covid experience was just a slight cold for two days. Most people I know who got it had similar mild reactions. But clearly many others didn't, and some were seriously sick ... but from these threads you'd think that everyone who got covid got extremely ill. Or just maybe the people who comment tend to be the ones who had serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 37December 7, 2023 9:02 PM

Day 12 still testing positive? The fomites are real! I hope you don’t get permanent damage, COVID is terrible

by Anonymousreply 38December 7, 2023 9:10 PM

16 days? Thank you so much for the info. I’m starting to wonder if the tests inability to detect the relative amount of infection versus yes/no has something to do with predicting when a person stops shedding the virus

by Anonymousreply 39December 7, 2023 9:14 PM

I had the first strain that came out. I thought I was dying. That was enough to make me keep up with boosters.

by Anonymousreply 40December 7, 2023 9:16 PM

R39, of my sixteen days but I'd say five felt like a head cold (Paxlovid rebound) and two felt like hell (fever of 103, body aches, GI symptoms.) The rest I was just annoyingly testing positive. Without any basis, I think the latest variants have evolved to make people slightly sicker and more easily infect anybody, based on the anecdotes and the rise in hospitalizations, which I gather is universal. Or you're seeing the effect of failing to get boosted. I was firmly expecting five days of a head cold but got much more than I bargained for. Something is going on. I don't say it's doom, it probably isn't unless you're a 75 year old with an underlying condition. But it's back to making people sick again, I feel sure of that. And it's everywhere again. Don't hide under your bed, but get a fucking booster, please.

by Anonymousreply 41December 7, 2023 9:27 PM

I had a friend who died from it prior to the vaccines and know another guy that got it prior and he almost died but recovered and now has permanent lung damage from it. He was not a smoker, but now he needs an inhaler.

I have had ALL my boosters including the most recent one in October. I did get Covid last year and tested positive for 19 days. Only felt a bit "off" by sneezing and felt tired for the first two days. Then I was fine except I was still testing positive. I just got back from a trip to Mexico. Wore a mask on the plane the entire time and never went around crowds inside. Just tested (it's been a week) and I'm negative so I'm happy about that.

I don't understand the people who are like, "Oh, I don't want another booster!" My brother has had Covid 5 times and refuses to get anymore boosters. Whatever dude.

by Anonymousreply 42December 7, 2023 9:45 PM

I am on day 3 of my 4th round of covid. I had my 5th booster of the updated vaccine 3 weeks ago.... My symptoms are mild- just stuffy sinuses.

by Anonymousreply 43December 7, 2023 10:00 PM

By the way, most people catch covid and other viruses in public restrooms. Toilet flushing disperses the viruses into the air. I have started wearing a mask every single time I enter a public restroom.

by Anonymousreply 44December 7, 2023 10:05 PM

If you test positive, take a picture of it in case you need an excuse to get out of obligations in the future.

by Anonymousreply 45December 7, 2023 10:11 PM

Yes, me and my family got it November. Right before Thanksgiving. Same thing, we took Paxlovid, but then got rebound sick. Awful. We're all better now, but still have no energy. I hope you're OK now, OP.

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2023 10:32 PM

[quote]If you test positive, take a picture of it in case you need an excuse to get out of obligations in the future.

Oh wow. If you’re friends are demanding photographic evidences that you *really* have COVID, I hope they’re being smart about it and making you take a selfie of you holding the positive test alongside the day’s newspaper with the date clearly visible so they know you aren’t scamming them!

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2023 10:37 PM

R47 for work, dumbass

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2023 10:39 PM

Close you bussies fag fuckas

by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2023 10:40 PM

[quote] By the way, most people catch covid and other viruses in public restrooms.

Link?!!

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2023 10:45 PM

Wasn't hard just to google it, r50

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2023 11:14 PM

If you use a pic for work, make sure it doesn’t have metadata attached.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2023 11:20 PM

R51, where does it say in that article that “most people” get Covid in public restrooms?

by Anonymousreply 53December 7, 2023 11:40 PM

The evidence presented here indicates that transmission of SARS-CoV-2 within public toilets is a potential risk, requiring further research, particularly around airborne or contact-transmitted minimum infectious doses generated from excreta. Without such evidence, toilet-related SARS-CoV-2 transmission risk will not receive the attention it deserves from toilet user, cleaner, manager or designer viewpoints. In particular, cleaners who are regularly exposed to such contaminated environments, and who are low paid with low status, yet are crucial for reducing infection in hospitals and communities, have only relatively recently come to the attention of facilities managers. The next step, in the context of COVID-19, is to ensure adequate ventilation for toilets, and indeed, all indoor venues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 7, 2023 11:51 PM

I got covid from a pogo stick. I put it up my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2023 11:58 PM

We knew that toilets were a problem back during the Diamond Princess Days when cabins on the same plumbing lines were getting infected, similar to how OG SARS had spread in high rise apartments.

I had my second bout in September. I didn’t take Paxlovid this time because of the five day thing and since I wasn’t really symptomatic at all there was no way to determine when symptoms started. (I had tested because of a large in-person meeting the next day)

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2023 12:04 AM

As of December 2, more than 22,000 people were hospitalized with the virus. That figure is nearly triple what was seen in July at the beginning of the summer surge of the virus.

Concerningly, the data also shows a 25% increase in COVID deaths during the same week. The CDC estimates that COVID was responsible for approximately 3% of all deaths in the United States during the most recent week on record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 12, 2023 8:41 PM

People are way undervaccinated with the new booster. Idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 58December 12, 2023 8:42 PM

JN.1 is insanely infectious. It went from less than 1% to 21% of US cases in less than a week. There’ll likely be a summer vacation and a Thanksgiving to New Year surge every year unless and until there’s a mucosal vaccine approved.

by Anonymousreply 59December 12, 2023 9:01 PM

Whoopi announced on “The View” this morning that 81-year-old Joy Behar has COVID.

by Anonymousreply 60December 12, 2023 9:17 PM

And died

by Anonymousreply 61December 12, 2023 9:19 PM

This is about the 300th time Joy's had it, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 62December 12, 2023 9:21 PM

The important thing: can you taste anything?

by Anonymousreply 63December 12, 2023 9:24 PM

"The View host Joy Behar, 81, tests positive for COVID for the FIRST TIME - as her co-hosts mock her for boasting that she had 'a special blood type' that made her immune"

by Anonymousreply 64December 12, 2023 9:25 PM

R64, Marinara is not a blood type.

by Anonymousreply 65December 12, 2023 9:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2023 4:56 PM

Is Joy Behar dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2023 5:14 PM

[quote]JN.1 is insanely infectious. It went from less than 1% to 21% of US cases in less than a week.

I believe it. It got me last week (my first time ever) and I am still masking in public, a fervent hand washer, etc. My last booster was in September and I've had every one.

I was so used to testing when I didn't feel well and always having it be negative that it was a shock to see the second red line on the test.

People don't talk enough about the body aches, which are awful, and how the symptoms seem to rotate every few hours. I woke up feeling like I had razor blades in my throat and now my throat is fine, but the body aches are back again. From what I've read it strikes in the neck and shoulders, so if you have cold symptoms but a stiff neck, definitely test.

by Anonymousreply 68December 25, 2023 9:37 PM

I survived bathhouse sex, crowds, etc since the start of the pandemic. But, last week I went to the hospital for a minor surgery and returned with Covid. Had a 101 fever on Thursday afternoon, got paxlovid on Friday morning, and have been recovering nicely so far; fever broke Fri morining. Tues is my fifth day. Other than the metallic taste and occasional diarrhea form the medicine, I feel tired, but okay. Recovering from surgery and Covid at the same time has not been fun, but I guess if I had to get it, it was better to get it while I had to stay at home anyway.

by Anonymousreply 69December 25, 2023 11:50 PM

A friend tested positive Thurs. and this aft told me she can't stop coughing long enough to eat Christmas dinner. I had it a year ago and the cough lasted two months after I tested negative.

by Anonymousreply 70December 25, 2023 11:58 PM

R26 here. Update. On Thursday, I tested positive, after a day or two of feeling lousy (not deathly ill). Paxlovid was very difficult to get, but I managed and took my 5 days. Felt much better—until the following week, and I tested positive again (after testing negative for a few days). Pharmacist said it was rebound COVID—Paxlovid alleviates the symptoms and lowers viral load, but that wears off and the viral load rises and symptoms reappears. Not likely contagious at this point and no point in taking Paxlovid again, as the immune system has to do its own work now. I’m testing negative again, but still feel mildly feverish and some brain fog. Ironically, my husband, who was unable to take Paxlovid seems generally better—maybe his immune system, even at 85, fought it off more quickly. He’s still sleeping longer, but is consistently testing negative. It’s a mystifying disease, but I’m grateful neither of us have had respiratory issues. Merry Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 71December 26, 2023 12:26 AM

R71 here. We both had all the vaccines and boosters (as well as flu, RSV, and shingles vaxes). We still believe in the value of vaccines—just because we got COVID (second time for us both) doesn’t mean the vaxes might not have kept us from worse, life-threatening cases of it. Or that it’s reasonable to expect they will be 100% effective.

by Anonymousreply 72December 26, 2023 12:33 AM

I got Covid in March. Ever since then I’ve had a touch of shortness of breath. I caught a minor cold or something 2 weeks ago and have had an unproductive cough, major stuffiness and increased shortness of breath and heavy breathing just walking from the kitchen to the living room.

I went to urgent care and had a great doctor. He is an ER doctor and told me he had been on the frontlines during the worst of Covid and had seen it all.

He said my symptoms are not uncommon after Covid and this will more than likely now be my new normal whenever I catch something.

He put me on a nebulizer, gave me an inhaler for home and prescribed a course of prednisone. I’m still dealing with symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 73December 26, 2023 12:58 AM

I caught it (for the second time) in March. Unfortunately, I was out of town for work and had to suffer through the symptoms in an hotel room. After five days of fever and chills, I was well enough to fly home. Shortly thereafter, I rebounded and the symptoms became more severe including shortness of breath. It took at least 12 days to test negative and I still suffer from fatigue and bouts of brain fog. I was fully vaccinated and am otherwise quite healthy.

by Anonymousreply 74December 26, 2023 12:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!