Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julianna Margulies Displays Shocking Bigotry in Gaza Rant

Julianna Margulies is facing backlash for a series of inflammatory comments she made on a recent episode of the Back Room With Andy Ostroy podcast. In the November 20 episode, the Good Wife actress used bigoted language as she lashed out at Black and queer people for supporting Palestine.

“Before one bomb was dropped on October 7, before one bomb was dropped in retaliation for a brutal, barbaric attack, people were already on their bullhorns saying the Jews deserved it. What? Where’s your humanity? They put babies in ovens and killed them,” Margulies said. Host Andy Ostroy agreed, pointing to antisemitism and adding that there would be an uproar “if we use the wrong pronouns on college campuses.”

“Oh my God, forget it,” Margulies responded. “It’s those kids who are spewing this antisemitic hate that have no idea if they stepped foot in an Islamic country — these people who want us to call them they/them, or whatever they want us to call them, which I have respectfully really made a point of doing,” she said, adding, “It’s those people that will be the first people beheaded, and their heads played with [like] a soccer ball, like a soccer ball on the field.”

Margulies went on to share an anecdote about a film screening put on by what she described as a “Black lesbian club on the Columbia campus.” She claimed that the club put up signs that read “No Jews Allowed.” She appears to be referring to an incident in which a flyer and an email went out saying that “Zionists aren’t invited” to said screening.

“As someone who plays a lesbian journalist on The Morning Show, I am more offended by it as a lesbian than I am as a Jew, to be honest with you,” Margulies, who, to clarify, is not a lesbian in real life, said. “Because I wanna say to them, ‘You fucking idiots. You don’t exist. Like, you’re even lower than the Jews — (a) you’re Black, and (b) you’re gay, and you’re turning your back against the people who support you?’ Because Jews, they rally around everybody.”

Elsewhere in the episode, Margulies says that Black people who don’t support Israel have been “brainwashed.” She told Ostroy that Ken Burns’s documentary The U.S. and the Holocaust should be “mandatory watching” for the Black community.

“The Nazis were watching how the Jim Crow South was treating slaves and said, ‘Oh, great call, let’s do that playbook. That’s what we’ll do to the Jews.’ Which is also why, in the civil-rights movement, the Jews were the ones that walked side by side with the Blacks to fight for their rights, because they know,” Margulies said. “And now, the Black community isn’t embracing us and saying, ‘We stand with you the way you stood with us’?”

“Jews died for their cause. Where’s the history lesson in that? Who’s teaching these kids?” Margulies went on to ask. “Because the fact that the entire Black community isn’t standing with us to me says either they just don’t know, or they’ve been brainwashed to hate Jews.”

Margulies is one of several celebrities outspoken in their support of Israel who’ve faced backlash, including Amy Schumer and Sarah Silverman. But so far, the Hollywood figures who have been outspoken in their support of the Palestinian people are the ones who have faced professional consequences. Susan Sarandon was recently dropped from her talent agency, UTA, for pro-Palestinian remarks, while actress Melissa Barrera was removed from the Scream franchise after referring to the Israeli occupation of Palestine as “genocide and ethnic cleansing.”

The Cut has reached out to a representative for Margulies for comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 11, 2023 10:55 AM

She's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 3:35 PM

I guess we know who's up for any Designing Women reboot.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 3:37 PM

Oh my god this bitch…

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 3:42 PM

She's describing shocking bigotry, not displaying it herself. Who wrote that shit?

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 3:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 3:47 PM

If you read her comments, while harsh, are correct.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 3:54 PM

She’s a racist cunt. Labeling all black people as antisemitic based on the actions of a loud minority is the very definition of racism. I guess they’re all criminals too, huh? And Jew bankers secretly control the world too, huh?

Fuck her and fuck the Klan grannies on here who co-sign her bigoted statements.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 4:06 PM

“Because I wanna say to them, ‘You fucking idiots. You don’t exist. Like, you’re even lower than the Jews — (a) you’re Black, and (b) you’re gay, and you’re turning your back against the people who support you?’

LIKE EWW you guys are BENEATH US! therefore when we get attacked you MUST SUPPORT US!

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 4:21 PM

I've read many books about Nazis Germany and the Holocaust, never once did I come across any Nazis interest in Jim Crowe. Until proven otherwise, I call bullshit Ken Burnes. There were ample examples of segregation, many religious, in history to learn from.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 4:26 PM

What a mess

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 4:28 PM

It is what it is. Demand special treatment and then expect the same from the terrorists which you defend to feel morally superior in front of those who you try to gain respect from.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 4:31 PM

[quote] She's not wrong.

Of course she’s wrong.

As they say in advertising, if you can’t argue with what’s being said, change the conversation. It’s hard to argue that Israel isn’t an oppressor state. This makes it very difficult for Jewish American Zionists on social media.

Their response? If someone claims Israel is oppressive, then you just call them an antisemite. Puts them on the defensive and changes the subject.

It’s a sleazy maneuver but it’s all they’ve got.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 4:31 PM

I am a huge supporter of Palestinian rights but her point about virtue seeking among the “histrionic left” is absolutely correct. One can oppose Israel’s policies and support Palestine’s right to exist without resorting to bizarre attempts at solidarity with what is almost universally recognized as an incredibly conservative culture that oppresses women, queer people, atheists, communists, the intelligentsia, social critics, pro-democracy advocates and people of darker colors.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 4:41 PM

I don’t blame Jews for feeling betrayed and frightened right now. The fact that nonody’s up in arms about a “No Jews” sign hung by a Columbia student group speaks volumes.

And she’s only saying blacks and queers “don’t exist” and are “lower” in the eyes of the Jihadists, R8. Work on your reading comprehension.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 4:43 PM

How is she wrong?

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2023 4:55 PM

People are using Israel's actions as a shield for their anti semitism. If this was not the case there would be no backlash against a single Jewish person not currently residing in Israel.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 5:00 PM

[quote] I don’t blame Jews for feeling betrayed and frightened right now.

America’s leftist academia, which is about as Jewish as Hollywood, is sorta responsible for this. Frankenstein’s monster is rebelling.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2023 5:01 PM

Speaking of fucking idiots, R8...

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2023 5:03 PM

Sorry, but she's right.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2023 5:06 PM

She is absolutely correct.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2023 5:12 PM

It’s like when gay people were surprised that Muslim “allies” in Michigan were banning the pride flag. Now some people are surprised that many black people are supporting Palestinians against the Jews. When push comes to shove, intersectional “allies” are not going to be there for you, showing what a crock of shit it is.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2023 5:20 PM

[quote] incredibly conservative culture that oppresses women, queer people, atheists, communists, the intelligentsia, social critics, pro-democracy advocates and people of darker colors.

This is American Jewish Zionist sophistry #2.

@You can’t oppose the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians because they don’t deserve to exist.”

Aka

lol the Palestinians would not liiiiike you

It reminds me a lot of arguments American Nazis made in the late 30s when Americans spoke out against discrimination against Jews in Germany. Jews didn’t deserve it because they were moneygrubbing Christ killers and usurers but the Nazis were good white Christians like us.

The desperation in their arguments is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2023 5:21 PM

It’s like saying “black lives DONT matter because black culture is more conservative on gay rights. They don’t like us so it’s amazing we are defending their right not to get killed by the police.”

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2023 5:26 PM

I never thought I'd LIVE to see the day when anti semitism would rise again to a fever pitch for the purpose of supporting and defending members of the barbarous death cult of Islam. A death cult most recently responsible for the slaughter of over 1000 Jews less than 2 months ago.

I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2023 5:43 PM

She's right but made her point in an extremely tactless way.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2023 5:45 PM

I'm not a Jew. I really resist weighing in on these threads. But people seem very agitated on both sides. This is not how they attained peace in Northern Ireland. But if I were an American Jew, as many friends I have made thru my associations with the film industry and academia are, I would be as they usually have been, without an opinion on militant Israeli Zionism, and rather wishing that the subject never came up. Like most of them, if I can be allowed to mirror their thoughts and feelings, I wish it would simply go away. Weak. I realize. But Muslim rule of the Holy Land would make it harsh beyond belief. For everyone, including Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2023 6:00 PM

We already did a thread on this. Not only did she lie about what she supposedly saw, she lied about being a lesbian.

She was outed as being a racist homophobic pos years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2023 6:11 PM

R17 is 100% correct.

I have never liked Margulies, but her points here are valid.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2023 6:34 PM

r26 the middle east is a real 'wolf by the ears' situation. the hope for a muslim world that could assimilate into the broader global culture wasn't a pipe dream in the past. what happened after ww2 is that the western powers realized the north african energy trade was the most valuable asset/power source in the world. the trillions of dollars we pumped into saudi arabia right after ww2 eventually led to the spread of wahhabism. saudi arabia is largely ruled by wahhabist clerics, it's an extreme (and in the past, very inconsequential) strain of islam that is anti-modern, extremely literal, violent and warlike, luddite, etc. in the 1960s the king of saudi arabia wanted to modernize, and he was pretty irritated with the wahhabists. so he gave them a shit ton of the american money to spread wahhabism (by opening schools. orphanages, etc.) all around the middle east. Osama Bin Laden was educated in a wahhabist expansion school. As the proxy conflict between USSR/USA devastated the middle east in general the wahhabist adventure became incredibly influential , culminating with full US support of the mujahedeen. The truth is there is no way for the west to recover from these mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2023 6:36 PM

#teamjuliana

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2023 6:37 PM

R9, you need to listen to or read Rachel Maddow’s Prequel, it’s covered pretty extensively that Hitler sent his cohorts to the U.S. to study our “race laws.” Plus, world-class anti-Semite Henry Ford so inspired Hitler that he had a portrait of Ford hung in his office.

Also, why are you defending Jim Crow laws?

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2023 6:40 PM

(r29) wow you sound like the guy who wrote From Beirut to Jerusalem, which really fascinated me. And thank you. The progressive spread of wahhabism is something I hadn't learned about. (I'm r26)

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2023 6:47 PM

[quote]I am a huge supporter of Palestinian rights but her point about virtue seeking among the “histrionic left” is absolutely correct. One can oppose Israel’s policies and support Palestine’s right to exist without resorting to bizarre attempts at solidarity with what is almost universally recognized as an incredibly conservative culture that oppresses women, queer people, atheists, communists, the intelligentsia, social critics, pro-democracy advocates and people of darker colors.

+1 Well said R13, I could not agree more.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2023 6:48 PM

r26 watch a documentary called 'bitter lake" by adam curtis

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2023 6:48 PM

The remark that she was the 1st person who protesting against the killing of George Floyd is, erm, so cringe-worthy. I could die for her.

Also, I feel sorry for people who still think this conflict is an Us v Them proposition. The far-right Zionist Israeli government is as bad as Hamas. This whole thing is an absolute atrocity exhibition. All world leaders should not only be calling for it to end but they should be sending delegations to supersede the failed Israeli government and whatever is left of the Palestinian Authority and seize control on the conflict and begin the long, hard work of instituting a resolution, which these parties have proven for decades is well beyond their capability. Enough is enough. We really cannot permit these crimes against humanity to continue.

If we’re going to focus our attention here then let it be with objective of peace.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2023 6:49 PM

[quote]Elsewhere in the episode, Margulies says that Black people who don’t support Israel have been “brainwashed.”

Plenty of white people have been brainwashed too, and others as well

[quote]She's right but made her point in an extremely tactless way.

R25 this - and she generalised in a very ill judged way about the black community

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2023 6:49 PM

I have not strong feeling about Juliana Margulies, but she didn't parse her words very carefully in these statements. I get that she's emotionally involved and feeling under attack, but she made a lot of blanket statements and then sort of doubled-down on them, rather than checking her facts, and being very specific in her accusations. That would have given her cover when she was inevitably called out.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2023 6:50 PM

R29 thank you for your post. You are an asset to threads like these.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2023 6:50 PM

Juliana remarks that Jews have been persecuted for centuries, which I wouidn’t argue with, but going around telling everyone else that you’re God’s chosen people was always bound to offend other people. I mean, they kind of isolate themselves and antagonise others with their entitlement.

I’ve always thought the Jews can think what they want but I don’t consider them superior to anyone else, despite what they might think.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2023 6:57 PM

Why can't we have a conversation about how two truths can exist? The Hamas faction of the Palestinian government are Israel-hating jihadists AND Israeli government policies are oppressive & crippling to those in the West Bank and Gaza. Both truths are involved in a neverending cycle of hate where they feed each other like a hurricane. We can criticize each side without hating the people of either faction.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2023 6:59 PM

[quote] The far-right Zionist Israeli government is as bad as Hamas.

R35, you are giving Margulies a true run for her money in saying stupid shit without thinking. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2023 7:02 PM

It's a hard thing to communicate that being opposed to some policies of the Israeli government doesn't equate to anti-semitism. Ironically, there are many thousands of American Jews who oppose some of the policies of the Israeli government. Are they therefore anti-semitic?

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2023 7:03 PM

R41, they are just as murderous, they just shoot Palestinians at a slower pace. How about you draw your own distinctions without taking it out on me?

Did you see that far-right Israeli Zionist woman, Ayelet Shaked, on Chris Hayes the other night? It was bone-chilling. Sorry, I don’t see any difference.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2023 7:09 PM

[quote] It's a hard thing to communicate that being opposed to some policies of the Israeli government doesn't equate to anti-semitism.

It’s especially hard for antisemites to communicate that, but they keep on trying.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2023 7:14 PM

She said that she saw signs saying No Jews. The signs said Zionists and she never saw them. She heard about them. She’s a fucking moron. I say this as a Jew. I know her type. Her behavior on the set is legendary. She’s a proud racist.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2023 7:16 PM

TheCut has reading comprehension problems.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2023 7:19 PM

What have jews done for gay people? Juliana marigulies can go fuck hersellf.

Equality would have happened sooner if the jews really rallied around is.

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2023 7:22 PM

Another book for R9's reading list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2023 7:23 PM

[quote]What have jews done for gay people?

They wrote "West Side Story".

Now shut up and let the adults talk.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2023 7:24 PM

Reform Jews were among the earliest religious groups in the US to advocate for gay rights. This isn't comprehensive but contains some information.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2023 7:28 PM

She's totally right and displayed exactly zero bigotry - sloppiness over calling herself a representative for lesbians? Yes. But seriously, buck up, snowflakes. You want to put up a sign "no Zionists allowed" while whining about someone bluntly telling you exactly what would happen to you in the country you're supposedly staning for. The ignorance and bigotry this club showed is totally worthy of a rant.

As far as touchiness over her talking about pronouns - get a life, seriously. She's no more anti-trans than they are. She's simply disgusted at the ignorance, hypocrisy and bigotry they have shown. I doubt any of them could find Gaza on a map or ever even thought about it until seven weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2023 7:30 PM

The what-aboutism, tu quoque ffallacies in some of these arguments is too thick for any rational discourse. Where is the UN in all this? Not that they could help either. I want to see more of what r29 has to say.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2023 7:32 PM

Other marginalized groups are allowed to talk about dog whistles all they want, but when Jews talk about the dog-whistle usage of “Zionists,” they’re ignored.

Let’s be real: young people, the Very Online, and the far left take some groups’ marginalization seriously, but not others’. JM was correct to point out that, right now, Jews fall into the latter category.

by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2023 7:39 PM

I can't find a decent overview of the role Reform Jewish women in particular played in the effort to decriminalize homosexuality and have it removed from the DSM, but they showed up for the gay community in the 1960s, pre-Stonewall.

Anyone who purports to know anything about LGBTQ+ history should already be aware of that, as it's mentioned in countless books about the history of gay rights in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2023 7:43 PM

She really and truly said that LGBT+ kids who go to any Islamic country will be decapitated and have their heads used as footballs.

Bosnia-Herzegovina are majority-muslim and they were holding queer rights festivals last I was there. In somewhere like Morocco or Tunisia gay communities might be underground but beheading and footballs just don't happen.

She takes the most violently extremist Muslims and claims that they are representative of the 1 billion people who live in the Islamic world. She is a racist. Her need to justify cognitively the mass dispossession and murder of the Palestinians currently going on has led her to categorise them and all other muslims with them as subhumans.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2023 7:46 PM

Oh, and also, c'mon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2023 7:47 PM

R53, Zionism is evil. It's about ethnic cleansing and the mass murder of innocent civilians

I have faith that most jews oppose zionism just like they oppose white supremacy

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2023 7:57 PM

The problem I have with leftists claiming to distinguish between Jews and Zionism is that they are the same people sneaky about their support for the dissolution of Israel.

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2023 7:58 PM

Right, R57, but it is increasingly used as a dog whistle to refer to all Jews, according to the ADL. If the NAACP took an equivalent position, people on the left would listen.

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2023 8:00 PM

R59, Jews need to be the leaders of the anti Zionism movement. If they remain silent or defend Israel's actions, it will lead to more anti semitism.

Juliana Marigulies isnt helping and neither is Debra Messing or Amy Schumer. Its toxic to designate yourself as a supporter of zionism.

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2023 8:03 PM

[quote]What have Jews done for gay people?

What am I, chopped liver?

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2023 8:05 PM

None of those people are “designating themselves” as supporters of Zionism. They acknowledge Israel’s right to defend itself against attacks from Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2023 8:09 PM

The Jews also gave us Dreamgirls, so there’s that.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2023 8:10 PM

[quote] Jews need to be the leaders of the anti Zionism movement.

I’m sure you wax nostalgic thinking about Jews literally digging their own grave and then lining up to be shot and to fall into it.

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2023 8:12 PM

If you support Israel’s right to defend itself, you are a Zionist—you believe Israel is a legitimate state, not just a bunch of “colonizers.”

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2023 8:15 PM

R62, The Palestinians have the right to defend themselves from Israel which has been murdering their women and babies for 80 years.

Zionists wont even acknowledge Israel's war crimes or they excuse them away. That's what Schumer and Margulies do.

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2023 8:16 PM

R62, which handily perpetuates their status as victims and cloaks their genocidal tendencies as defence. It’s just not true anymore. They are no longer the victims. They’re the oppressors, the fascists. They have become the thing they have feared the most.

You seen to be overlooking the reporting about the “Jericho Wall” intelligence document revealed in the NYT - that the Israeli intelligence forces knew about Hamas’ plan for over a year. That makes this something different - something that appears to have backfired on Netanyahu’s government. It’s high time that people revise their view of this conflict. The Israeli’s are not innocent victims and they haven’t been for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2023 8:21 PM

While hate for Margulies on DL goes without saying, I'm failing to see the "shocking bigotry" in what she said.

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2023 8:24 PM

You’re conflating Netanyahu’s government with the Jewish people. Others are conflating Hamas with innocent Palestinians. A lot of people are angry for a lot of good reasons. I don’t fully agree with anyone who takes one side in this conflict, but I have empathy for Jews who feel frightened and betrayed at the rise in global Anti-Semitism, just as I feel empathy for those in Gaza who are suffering and the Muslims who have experienced Islamophobia worldwide.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2023 8:25 PM

R69, How can one have empathy and then say they want take one side of the conflict. Israel has all the money and power in the world and are using it to kill innocent civilians. They dont get any empathy for me and neither do American Jews that have some strange misplaced loyalty to a nation across the world from them

by Anonymousreply 70December 1, 2023 8:30 PM

Zionism is a direct response to millennia of antisemitism. And with the recent rise of the latter, people will only be more convinced in the need for the former.

by Anonymousreply 71December 1, 2023 8:43 PM

[quote] Israel has all the money and power in the world

How could anyone possibly think “Zionist” is a dog whistle, r70?

by Anonymousreply 72December 1, 2023 8:53 PM

Anti-Zionists, are you calling for the dissolution of the Jewish state of Israel?

Do you believe that co-existence is a possibility at this point?

Where will the Jews go when they are either outnumbered or terrorized into emigration?

Do you think three million Mizrahi Jews will be welcomed back to their ancestral homelands of Yemen, Iran, and Tunisia?

Are you equally opinionated about the Islamic nations where non-Muslims live under suppression and Muslims face death for conversion?

by Anonymousreply 73December 1, 2023 9:07 PM

R51, you and Julianna are the touchy ones. She seems like quite the whiny snowflake

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2023 9:29 PM

How do you pronounce Margulies?

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2023 9:30 PM

R53, right-wingers like you pretend to care about antisemitism but don't care when it's conservative white boys marching around saying "Jews will not replace us" or voting for a guy who had dinner with Kanye and Nick Fuentes. You only care about antisemitism when you think you can use it to attack liberals or Muslims

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2023 9:33 PM

R25, no, she's wrong and so are you.

If actors are losing jobs over being pro-Palestine then Julianna should lose work for attacking black people and Muslims and trivializing the gay experience. Turnabout is fair play, hope this bigoted twat never works again.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2023 9:36 PM

R69 Palestinians are not innocent because they kill gays

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2023 9:36 PM

MAHR guh LEES is the most common pronunciation.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2023 9:36 PM

The right-wingers are only siding with her because they hate Muslims and black people too. If anyone else said they know what it's like to be gay because they play a gay character then you'd be calling that person a cunt

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2023 9:39 PM

R78, Christian conservatives who hate Muslims and black people like Julianna does are trying to bring back sodomy laws.

Muslims in America are more likely to support gay marriage than Evangelicals.

I'd never side with Republicans on anything

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2023 9:41 PM

Actually, R77, nobody should lose work in America for their political views.

(Word is there were extenuating circumstances with Barrera and her social posts were a convenient excuse.)

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2023 9:46 PM

She and Mel Gibson became irrelevant around the same time last century; seems they have more than that in common.

Have we ever seen MaraUgly in the same room as Mrs. Bootsie deSantis? Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2023 9:47 PM

She’s completely correct.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2023 9:49 PM

“ She and Mel Gibson became irrelevant around the same time last century”

Well, she’s won two Best Actress Emmys in *this* century, so…

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2023 9:50 PM

Thank You R84, she just has the balls to say it out-loud!

Julianna is not wrong!! Social Media has run with this, Gen Z'ers will believe anything on Tic Tok.

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote]Have we ever seen MaraUgly in the same room as Mrs. Bootsie deSantis? Seriously.

No you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2023 9:58 PM

I'm blocking anybody online using the terms "genocide", "Nazi" or "colonialist" in these conversations, because you're making it clear that you learned Mideast history from Tiktok videos.

by Anonymousreply 88December 1, 2023 10:04 PM

[quote]Muslims in America are more likely to support gay marriage than Evangelicals. I'd never side with Republicans on anything

You can't think for yourself, can you? You're just looking around for what side your homies are on and then you fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 89December 1, 2023 10:44 PM

R7, You have zero reading comprehension. JM would hardly have used your "Jewish bankers" canard.

by Anonymousreply 90December 1, 2023 10:50 PM

[quote] What have jews done for gay people?

Two words:

Stephen. Sondheim.

by Anonymousreply 91December 1, 2023 10:50 PM

R89, that's what Julianna is doing.

by Anonymousreply 92December 1, 2023 10:52 PM

R88 probably gets hos political views from Marjorie Taylor Greene's Twitter page

by Anonymousreply 93December 1, 2023 10:52 PM

Muslims are far more homophobic than Jews simply because there’s more of them who are radicalized.

by Anonymousreply 94December 1, 2023 10:58 PM

[quote][R88] probably gets hos political views from Marjorie Taylor Greene's Twitter page

Oh honey. I'm sick of being lectured by ahistorical children spewing buzzwords they don't remotely understand so I must be a Republican?

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 95December 1, 2023 11:17 PM

Never mind, R93. Just figured out you are that fucking stupid.

[quote]Muslims in America are more likely to support gay marriage than Evangelicals.

My bad.

by Anonymousreply 96December 1, 2023 11:20 PM

[quote] right-wingers like you pretend to care about antisemitism but don't care when it's conservative white boys marching around saying "Jews will not replace us" or voting for a guy who had dinner with Kanye and Nick Fuentes. You only care about antisemitism when you think you can use it to attack liberals or Muslims

Exactly this R76. It’s exactly the way our resident anti trans trolls who supposedly “care about women” comment. They only care about women when it gives them an opportunity to post anti trans hatred. Case in point the below thread about multiple women suffering sexual assault at the hands of a cop (spanning decades), and the thread generated a total of….one comment. Had it been a trans police officer there would have been over 10 full 600 comment threads on it.

That’s how you can tell they’re all trolls. And it’s the same here. They never cared when it was white supremacists direct and actual out loud antisemitism, but now they see antisemitism in every single persons comments that disagrees with them, only because they hate Muslims so much. It’s depressing, and embarrassingly see through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Larry Kramer. So many of us are alive today because of what he did.

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2023 12:04 AM

[quote]I never thought I'd LIVE to see the day when anti semitism would rise again to a fever pitch for the purpose of supporting and defending members of the barbarous death cult of Islam. A death cult most recently responsible for the slaughter of over 1000 Jews less than 2 months ago.

My sentiments exactly r24. The antisemitic invective I’ve seen in videos of campus protests and street demonstrations has been staggering. Directed against US Jews, no less.

I used to wonder what could possibly have led ordinary German citizens to countenance the extermination of their Jewish neighbors … now I know. Unbelievable to see here.

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2023 12:10 AM

Go dilate R97 aka the trans troll!

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2023 12:10 AM

Everything R24 said.

I cannot believe these are the times we are living in.

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2023 12:25 AM

What ever do you mean by "what have they done for us" ? I thought truth was truth no matter what its done for Anyone.

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2023 12:26 AM

Harvey Bernard Milk

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2023 12:37 AM

R97 good pickup - these are the [bold]same[/bold] posters.

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2023 12:49 AM

r18 ... yes, Julianna Margulies is a fucking idiot, you are correct.

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2023 3:50 AM

Black men fought in World War 2. A US minority made up 1/3rd of troops.

Fought against country where they actually had more human rights and freedom than in their US homeland.

And this bitch thinks it’s the Jews that did something for black people?

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2023 4:27 AM

R9 Black American men fought the Nazis.

Whatever Jews did for a few years during the civil rights era before they abandoned ship when they graduated to being white in the US wasn’t dick compared to segregated Jim Crow blacks fighting the Nazis in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2023 4:35 AM

Lest we forget 'twas the Democrats who established/enforced those Jim Crow laws in the US.

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2023 4:44 AM

[quote]“ She and Mel Gibson became irrelevant around the same time last century”

[quote]Well, she’s won two Best Actress Emmys in *this* century, so…

Not to mention that just a few years ago, Mel Gibson directed HICKSAW RIDGE, which was a critical/financial success and was nominated for several Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2023 4:46 AM

R108 and founded the Ku Klux Klan.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2023 4:47 AM

R108 You’re definitely white.

Everyone knows this. Everyone knows these white established parties have gone back and forth throughout US history.

All it means is Republicans today would have been Democrats back then.

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2023 5:06 AM

I seem to recall that we already knew Margulies was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2023 5:21 AM

I didn’t expect her to be friendly.

by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2023 7:17 AM

Germany was bombed to oblivion in WWII. Ten years later the German Economic Miracle happened,

JFC I really think Western European whites can do anything.

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2023 7:22 AM

Margulies is a demonstrated, known cunt. Her treatment of Archie Panjabi on The Good Wife was deplorable.

However: Everything she said here is correct.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2023 7:33 AM

R106, Goodman and Schwerner. Remember them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2023 9:24 AM

This is what we reap when:

...History is abandoned in public education (and it has been for at least 40 years) in favor of a generic "Social Studies," or "Psychology," "Sociology," and the like.

...Facts are called "useless memorization" and so are replaced by generalized categories, the "thinking's" being that if one learns about "war," e.g., then students need not learn about specific wars, causes, dates, leaders, results, etc.

...Anything true but unpleasant is eschewed in order to spare "feelings" within the audience. Thus, slavery, genocide, war crimes, Civil Rights, protests, and similar are omitted from public school discussions.

If one would today go up to any individual young American who is spouting pro-Palestinian and/or anti-Jewish rhetoric and ask them what they know about the Balfour Agreement; Kristallnacht; the Nuremberg Trials; "Arbeit Macht Frei"; The Final Solution; Hitler, Himmler, Goering, Heydrich, Mengele, Eichmann; Warsaw Ghetto; the 6-Day War; Munich Olympics; the Camp David Accords; Auschwitz, Dachau, Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen; etc., etc.---

You would get in return blank, unknowing stares, probably accompanied by some anti-Semitic illiteracy.

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2023 9:51 AM

[quote] “I’m the first person to march [for] Black Lives Matter. When that happened to George Floyd, I put a black screen on my Instagram. Like, I ran to support my Black brothers and sisters,” she said.

AHAHAHA this moronic fucking racist cunt.

by Anonymousreply 118December 2, 2023 10:19 AM

She is right about the Nazis basing their Nuremberg Laws on America’s Jim Crow laws. AAMOF, they found the US laws too extreme.

by Anonymousreply 119December 2, 2023 10:48 AM

[quote] Everyone knows these white established parties have gone back and forth throughout US history.

R111 No, they did not go back and forth throughout U.S. history.

The Democratic Party was established in 1828 in Baltimore, Maryland (slave state).

The Republican Party was established in 1854 in Ripon, Wisconsin (free state).

Thus, for over 100 years, Democrats were pro-slavery and fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War and later established Jim Crow laws to segregate blacks and founded the KKK to further terrorize them.

Only since the 1960s, have Democrats been on the right side of history, so to speak.

However, Republicans did not become like the former Democrats, so it's disingenuous for current Democrats to say that.

It's just that in the '60s liberals also took over Hollywood, which has become their biggest propaganda machine against Republicans -- and against whites the farther left they have gone in recent years.

In the past century, Democrats went from being anti-black to now being anti-white -- and they are not exactly subtle about it on social media, either.

Not surprisingly, this anti-white bigotry from the Left has been aided and abetted by the Marxist Jews in academia and the U.S. media/entertainment industry.

But it has come back to bite them in the ass and now Jews are finding themselves between a rock and a hard place in America, as noted by R17.

I think the immense goodwill Jews gained post-WWII is quickly diminishing.

by Anonymousreply 120December 2, 2023 10:49 AM

Just wanted to amend my post at R120.

[quote]Only since the 1960s, have Democrats been on the right side of history, so to speak.

... though they are currently on the wrong side of history again with their anti-white bigotry and promotion of trans/nonbinary agenda, which is not supported by science/biology.

[quote]It's just that in the '60s liberals also took over Hollywood, which has become their biggest propaganda machine against Republicans -- and against whites the farther left they have gone in recent years.

That should say "in the '60s JEWS took COMPLETE control of Hollywood..."

by Anonymousreply 121December 2, 2023 12:06 PM

You sound completely uninformed, R120.

by Anonymousreply 122December 2, 2023 12:29 PM

So, r120, how do you account for the attempted coup d'etat by fake Electors, extortionate phone calls, libels, and other election and voter fraud attempts, leading to a violent insurrection at the Capitol, with intended political assassinations and actual police deaths---by NON-JEW Trump, NON-JEW White Christian Supremacists, NON-JEW Congresspeople, you catch my drift?

NON-JEW Trump stole+ more Top Secret documents than the Rosenbergs. We have the photos.

Political history is important, it is true. It is good to note the origins of our two major Parties. But even you have to concede that the Democratic Party post-Lincoln, and certainly post-LBJ, is not the anti-Civil Rights Party it was.

But to claim that the current Republican Party somehow has not in turn embraced those anti-Civil Rights stances is disingenuous at best. [See: Decisions, Current Republican Majority SCOTUS]

Also, I suggest you read up more on Marxism. And Fascism, while you're at it.

Or are you more concerned about who makes Hollywood movies?

by Anonymousreply 123December 2, 2023 2:03 PM

So, r120, how do you account for the attempted coup d'etat by fake Electors, extortionate phone calls, libels, and other election and voter fraud attempts, leading to a violent insurrection at the Capitol, with intended political assassinations and actual police deaths---by NON-JEW Trump, NON-JEW White Christian Supremacists, NON-JEW Congresspeople, you catch my drift?

NON-JEW Trump stole+ more Top Secret documents than the Rosenbergs. We have the photos.

Political history is important, it is true. It is good to note the origins of our two major Parties. But even you have to concede that the Democratic Party post-Lincoln, and certainly post-LBJ, is not the anti-Civil Rights Party it was.

But to claim that the current Republican Party somehow has not in turn embraced those anti-Civil Rights stances is disingenuous at best. [See: Decisions, Current Republican Majority SCOTUS]

Also, I suggest you read up more on Marxism. And Fascism, while you're at it.

Or are you more concerned about who makes Hollywood movies?

by Anonymousreply 124December 2, 2023 2:03 PM

^^^ (Throw in Communism, Too, For Donald)

by Anonymousreply 125December 2, 2023 2:04 PM

[quote] You sound completely uninformed

More like unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 126December 2, 2023 2:26 PM

r118 These ungrateful negroes should be shining my shoes for all the performative phony activism I do for them!

by Anonymousreply 127December 2, 2023 2:46 PM

The problem is that the right wing factions from both countries are running the show. Civilian deaths? Collateral damage.

by Anonymousreply 128December 2, 2023 5:56 PM

[quote]Lest we forget 'twas the Democrats who established/enforced those Jim Crow laws in the US.

Ah, the old canard of the Democrats' past making everything that the contemporary Republican "party" (in quotes because it's not really a party so much as now a cult) believe and do as somehow acceptable...

Thanks to R111 and others who've again corrected the record. It cannot be stated and restated enough times until this canard is discarded and never mentioned again that the American political parties went through a transition between the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 / the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and Reagan's ascension to the White House in 1980 after introducing his campaign at Philadelphia, Mississippi, the location of one of the most brutal and horrific crimes against Blacks in American History. Yup, prior to this era, the Democrats were (not just in my opinion, but modern scholars have concluded) a racist, misogynistic, antisemitic and homophobic party. What eludes people who spout this nonsense that because of (what is at this point ancient, history), the Democrats are forever tainted is that since this role-reversal between the Democrats and Republicans, it is the modern Republicans who have become racist, misogynistic, antisemitic and homophobic, and proudly so. The leader of the Republican cult confirms this on a daily basis. (And I know Ivanka has converted, married a Jew and borne Jewish children; that doesn't stop Donald from blowing that dog whistle every chance he gets.)

This is personal for me. It is confounding that my peers and those of younger generations have no grasp of actual history (R117 covered this pretty well). I'm old enough to have relatives who in my living memory recounted their transitions from bigots to fighters of bigotry; how they abandoned beliefs and attitudes (that we now consider abhorrent) and came to the light, so to speak. I was raised with the stories of my grandfather who I never met (b. 1899 d. 1945) becoming a union organizer and fighting for the rights of Blacks to enjoy the same union benefits as their white counterparts when he worked for the railroad. In one of the strikes in the 1930s, he had his right arm broken by anti-union thugs screaming about "the n*****s taking our jobs!" (oh, doesn't that sound so familiar?). And it wasn't the only time he was physically threatened and injured for his belief that all men are created equal.

My uncle (b. 1919 d. 2019) fought in the Pacific in WWII alongside black men and came back a changed man in many ways. He was always reluctant to talk about the horrors of war, and did so only rarely. One of the things he talked about was getting to know more blacks in the space of 3 years in the army than he did in his life prior to being drafted in 1942, not surprising. He, too, was a union activist also working for the railroad. He was attacked and threatened as well, but one of the first things he said to me that stuck was that all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Prejudice is hard to overcome as we're seeing in the country and the world right now. It's sad that Republicans have embraced racism and bigotry, and particularly in light of what they used to be, but they flushed that party down the toilet a long time ago. As Taylor Swift said, this isn't your father's Republican party.

by Anonymousreply 129December 2, 2023 6:41 PM

^^tl;dr

by Anonymousreply 130December 2, 2023 6:45 PM

Racist ass Republicans don’t realize black people simply vote Democrat because they’re the lesser of two evils.

No one thinks white Democrats are the good guys. It’s simply the party that doesn’t have politicians that announce they want us dead or publicly exterminated or spit on our history, etc.

by Anonymousreply 131December 2, 2023 6:46 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that blacks hate Jews.

by Anonymousreply 132December 2, 2023 6:47 PM

Let me tell you something, darling. We were slaved in Egypt for three hundred years, and you know what? We fucking got over it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133December 2, 2023 6:48 PM

The Republican Party was created to completely take over and control the financial surplus and resources of the United States of America and corral it up into the top 1 to 10%

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2023 6:51 PM

The first white people to become my friends were Jewish Americans. Like any other group, they have issues, but many of them have supported us. But Julianna is talking shit, big shit. She needs to get off her soapbox and fix her fug face.

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2023 8:23 PM

R132 No and that’s not true.

There’s such little interaction between the two. They’re not in the same neighborhoods or areas. The majority of the black population is in the South, there’s no fucking Jews outside of Florida.

This is just your racist agenda. Jews are just whites like Italians and Irish and whoever to black people. Same racist assholes.

by Anonymousreply 136December 2, 2023 8:36 PM

Her husband Keith Lieberthal is hot.

by Anonymousreply 137December 2, 2023 8:40 PM

r120 spouted a lot of disinformation or misinformation. The Democratic party was not all racist prior to the Civil Rights Era. There was a very marked difference between what were called Southern Democrats and FDR Democrats. The southern Democrats were definitely racists and defended segregation as long as the courts let them get away with it. But FDR and, more notably, his wife Eleanor, were very enlightened for their time as regards trying to obtain rights for black people. Eleanor Roosevelt famously and publicly resigned from the Daughters of the Revolution when that group refused to allow Marian Anderson sing at Constitution Hall. Truman oversaw the integration of the American Armed Forces by executive order and added black civil rights to the Democratic agenda in 1948. Lyndon B Johnson was a Democrat and essentially oversaw huge chunks of Civil Rights legislation. It is the Southern Democrats (Dixiecrats) who changed parties after Civil Rights legislation. We're talking about people like Strom Thurmond,

Democrats are not anti-white. Democrats believe in telling the truth about our history, which includes a 3 century period of black slavery and repression, lynchings, segregation, the burning down of black districts and towns, voter suppression, etc. That is not being anti-white. That is teaching history as it happened, not as we would like to pretend it was. Contrast that to Ron DeSantis, who has made it a crime to teach these aspects of history. By the way, the Republican party prior to the 1970s, was ALSO on board with teaching the actual history of our nation, and promoted black civil rights. But the long-standing law and order aspect of Republican principles overcame the civil rights aspect especially after the black riots in the late 1960s. The Republican party saw an opportunity to stoke the flames of fear of black people at that time and quickly took on most of the positions of Southern Democrats. It is in Republican southern states where almost all the efforts to overturn voting rights for black people has taken place.

I agree with whoever it was who called you unhinged.....or, at a minimum, incredibly ignorant about the history of our nation and its parties.

by Anonymousreply 138December 3, 2023 9:16 AM

Honestly, kudos to Julianna for being honest enough to expose some clear fissures on the left that we all need to work through if we’re going to win in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 139December 3, 2023 2:32 PM

[quote]Democrats believe in telling the truth about our history, which includes a 3 century period of black slavery and repression, lynchings, segregation, the burning down of black districts and towns, voter suppression, etc. That is not being anti-white

Somehow, the “truth” told about our history never seems to include the advances that have been made, including amendments to the Constitution passed, civil rights laws enacted, and wars fought and won.

It’s as though the achievements listed in r138 were accomplished by only a handful of “enlightened” individuals, rather than by the combined efforts of a majority of American voters of good will, working together, most of whom were white.

by Anonymousreply 140December 3, 2023 2:35 PM

Black YouTuber Sabby Sabs has a good response to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141December 3, 2023 3:14 PM

When will these “celebrities” learn to STFU. They are uneducated idiots who make fools out of themselves. Either they are trying to become newsworthy or they truly lack common sense. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 142December 3, 2023 3:26 PM

She looks like Casey DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 143December 3, 2023 3:47 PM

r136, you're the one full of stereotypes about where all Jews and black people live and think they don't interact with each other. This isn't the 1950's anymore.

by Anonymousreply 144December 3, 2023 4:53 PM

She was brutal

by Anonymousreply 145December 3, 2023 4:59 PM

Julianna was Honest, brutally honest!!

People don't like Honesty.....Honestly!! Tic Tok& other social media outlets have made people very stupid. especially Gen Z'ers & Millennials.

by Anonymousreply 146December 3, 2023 5:56 PM

These damn kids and their TicTacs and Wrapchat. Fuck em. In my day, we went outside and played in the street. We played in the dirt. Aside from the occasional lynching, America was a much better place back then.

by Anonymousreply 147December 3, 2023 5:59 PM

R147 truth!

by Anonymousreply 148December 3, 2023 6:03 PM

Who is the Hollywood friend who turned a new leaf when Juliana lectured her about the wrongs of calling for a ceasefire.??

In the podcast, She mentioned a Hollywood friend living in London who had signed one of these Hollywood type letters to Biden requesting g a ceasefire. According to Julianna this person has seen the light ,no longer supports ceasefire, it seems and wants Netanyahu- the butcher of Gaza to continue his slaughtering.

Hollywood types re so easily influenced. Fucking morons

by Anonymousreply 149December 3, 2023 7:13 PM

[quote]Netanyahu- the butcher of Gaza

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 150December 3, 2023 7:16 PM

She is 100 percent right.

by Anonymousreply 151December 3, 2023 7:18 PM

JM spoke like Black people owe her something. Bitch please

by Anonymousreply 152December 3, 2023 7:20 PM

R150, was I wrong? Netanyahu just reopened the Gaza Slaughterhouse. Phase One of Israel’s genocidal campaign on Gaza has ended and Round 2 has begun.

The skies over Gaza are filled — after a seven-day truce — with projectiles of death. Warplanes. Attack helicopters. Drones. Artillery shells. Tank shells. Mortars. Bombs. Missiles. Gaza is a cacophony of explosions and forlorn screams and cries for help beneath collapsed buildings. Fear, once again, is coiling itself around every heart in the Gazan concentration camp.

by Anonymousreply 153December 3, 2023 7:24 PM

Oh Mary, did you type that out in your best serious sombre War Correspondent voice?

The "Gaza is a cacophony of explosions and forlorn screams" was really too much. And " Fear, once again, is coiling itself around every heart" made me cringe so hard my balls retracted so quickly y pronouns are now she/her.

It's a shame Hamas has embedded itself in civilian areas but if they want to surrender, give all the hostages back and stop firing missiles into Israel every day then Israel will stop retaliating. It's simple.

by Anonymousreply 154December 3, 2023 7:29 PM

The US is directly responsible for the the genocide of the Palestinian people. I wish we had a strong leader who had the balls to tell Netanyahu where he could go but instead we have that evil POS Biden

by Anonymousreply 155December 3, 2023 7:30 PM

There is no genocide from Israel to Palestine, period.

However, the Palestinians are bent on the annihilation of Israel and Jewish people, which I would call... GENOCIDE.

by Anonymousreply 156December 3, 2023 7:31 PM

[quote] but instead we have that evil POS Biden

You need a strong slap across your stupid face. You are beyond insane.

by Anonymousreply 157December 3, 2023 7:37 PM

Susan hun, you have your own thread where you can post Hamas apologism.

This thread is about Julianna.

by Anonymousreply 158December 3, 2023 7:39 PM

My family is composed of tons of Jews and Gentiles. All I can say is she is full of shyte.

by Anonymousreply 159December 3, 2023 7:51 PM

Death, devastation and despair are what people like Julianna Fucking Marguiles are encouraging with their bigotry, and war mongering rhetoric. Shameful!

by Anonymousreply 160December 3, 2023 10:04 PM

Re: "It's a shame Hamas has embedded itself in civilian areas"

[quote]An #UAE MP reporting how #HamasTerrorrists are using the field hospital they built to launch rockets towards Israeli plane, so that the IDF will strike back and they will record it on video as if "Israel attacking humanitarian facilities"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 4, 2023 1:14 AM

Interesting, if that translation is accurate & authentic, r161. Corroborates Israel’s argument that Hamas uses civilian and humanitarian installations as attack bases.

by Anonymousreply 162December 4, 2023 2:27 AM

[quote]The US is directly responsible for the the genocide of the Palestinian people.

No, that would be the Palestinian people who have rejected peace over and over. They choose leaders who use them as human shields. The refuse peace when offered, even after intense negotiations that included significant Israeli concessions, simply walking away.

[quote]I wish we had a strong leader who had the balls to tell Netanyahu where he could go

And exactly what do you think Biden has been doing? It was our negotiators with the Qataris who put the ceasefire in place and got hostages released. It was our work with Egypt to get the Gaza crossing open so trucks of aid could be sent into Gaza (and stolen by Hamas). Do you honestly think Netanyahu would have even come to the negotiating table without our diplomatic work?

[quote]but instead we have that evil POS Biden

And Thank God we do. Without President Biden's leadership, this would already be a regional conflict with hot fighting across the Caliphate.

And ultimately, if we presented Netanyahu with an ultimatum and he demurred, what would we do to enforce it? Do Hamas' bidding and bomb Israel?

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 163December 4, 2023 3:09 AM

R152 What did JM exactly say that makes you believe she thinks Black people owe her something?

by Anonymousreply 164December 4, 2023 7:23 PM

[quote]In the past century, Democrats went from being anti-black to now being anti-white -- and they are not exactly subtle about it on social media, either. Not surprisingly, this anti-white bigotry from the Left has been aided and abetted by the Marxist Jews in academia and the U.S. media/entertainment industry.

Eat shit and die, you miserable shit-stirring Nazi cunt.

by Anonymousreply 165December 4, 2023 8:42 PM

R154 False. The Israelis have stated clearly their plan is to drive the Palestinians from Gaza into Sinai, and kill anyone remaining in Gaza.

Furthermore, hundreds of Palestinians are also being slaughtered by settlers in the West Bank, where Hamas has no power.

by Anonymousreply 166December 4, 2023 8:46 PM

I don't suppose you could provide a link to Israel's clear statements?

by Anonymousreply 167December 5, 2023 5:21 AM

[quote] What did JM exactly say that makes you believe she thinks Black people owe her something?

“I’m the first person to march [for] Black Lives Matter. When that happened to George Floyd, I put a black screen on my Instagram. Like, I ran to support my Black brothers and sisters. … I wanna say to them, ‘You fuckng idiots. You don’t exist. You’re even lower than the Jews. A. You’re Black, and B. You’re gay and you’re turning your back against the people who support you?’ Because Jews, they rally around everybody“.

R164, Juliana put a black square on her Instagram for the blacks. She’s done the hard work. And what have they done for her? NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 168December 5, 2023 11:54 PM

MLK has nothing on JM

by Anonymousreply 169December 6, 2023 12:22 AM

Juliana has a schwoogie button.

by Anonymousreply 170December 6, 2023 12:28 AM

R167

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 6, 2023 12:38 AM

R171, a “leaked concept paper” is a far cry from your claim, which was:

[quote] The Israelis have stated clearly their plan is to drive the Palestinians from Gaza into Sinai, and kill anyone remaining in Gaza.

The proposal did not suggest mass killing of the remaining Palestinians and did not suggest what would happen. Intelligence agencies will often present a variety of options with no intent of actually doing them to demonstrate the parameters of responses.

You are either deliberately or ignorantly misrepresenting the situation.

by Anonymousreply 172December 6, 2023 1:04 AM

R166, why are you blaming Israelis when it's the Netanyahu administration that is driving these policies? He is incredibly unpopular and is an alleged criminal on his way out.

by Anonymousreply 173December 6, 2023 1:36 AM

R172, Netanyahu's government has proposed to the leaders of both parties in Congress that the U.S. pay to relocate the entire population of Gaza to other Middle Eastern countries. Under this plan, hapless Egypt, which has enough problems, might be strong-armed into accepting up to one million Gazans. I doubt--or at least I hope--that this will appeal to many people here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 6, 2023 2:02 AM

lol R173 Why are you blaming Palestinians when it's Hamas that is driving these policies? Same energy.

by Anonymousreply 175December 6, 2023 10:52 AM

R172 Furthermore, there are announcements going on right now that anyone who doesn't evacuate will be killed. Of course they are then bombed as they evacuate.

by Anonymousreply 176December 6, 2023 11:11 AM

For a less biased, less batshit assessment of how the Israeli military are trying (but not succeeding) at limiting civilian casualties, the WP has an extensive article published today.

One thing that doesn’t get mentioned often is that Hamas doesn’t wear uniforms in combat. They also don’t let civilians in tunnels. What conclusion is there but that they want civilians to die so it can blamed on Israel?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 6, 2023 12:23 PM

Thank you, R172, for pointing out the obvious and odious response from R166 suggesting that a leaked paper as reported by an editorial writer at a lesser news site known for overblowing specific opinions is official Israeli government response. I'll note it only took him 3 days to find something to support his conjecture.

Bravo, R166. Your concern is duly noted.

And I'll circle back to a question I asked on another, long-forgotten thread about this conflict: if it is Israel's intent to kill all of the Palestinians in Gaza, why are they doing it so slowly and with such little success? In an incredibly dense area of land with over 2 million humans, they've only managed to kill something in the neighborhood of 15,000 people despite dumping the equivalent of several Hiroshima/Nagasaki payloads. Are the bomb shelters in Gaza that effective? Is Israeli ordinance and aim that shoddy?

Or could it be that the Israelis actually are rooting out Hamas while simultaneously minimizing Palestinian collateral damage?

Don't get me wrong, R166. I think that Israel is mistaken in the approach they've taken to dealing with Hamas. If there is anything we Americans should have learned and should impart to Israel after 20 years of perpetual and failed war in the Middle East (in just the recent go-round), it's that using brute force is not going to end this conflict. If I were advising Netanyahu, I'd have suggested that Israel develop (if they already haven't) the means to infiltrate Hamas (and Hezbollah/Islamic Jihad/ISIS and whatever else the butchers of Islam are calling themselves today) and destroy it from within. Like dealing with all religious zealots, it would be hard to accomplish, and it would take time and a long-term sustained effort going forward because religious zealots don't just give up and go away on their own, even when its obvious they've lost.

by Anonymousreply 178December 6, 2023 3:37 PM

Geez R178. 'Only' 15,000 people in 2 months, at least one-third of them children? And how many Israelis have Hamas 'only' managed to kill in the last ten years, can you find that figure too?

by Anonymousreply 179December 7, 2023 2:31 AM

You've missed the point, ConcernedEuropean (which does not surprise me).

by Anonymousreply 180December 7, 2023 3:25 PM

Nasty bitch mistakes 'Israeli' for 'jew'; I swear these Zionists do it on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 181December 7, 2023 6:52 PM

“ Thank you, [R172], for pointing out the obvious and odious response from [R166] suggesting that a leaked paper as reported by an editorial writer at a lesser news site known for overblowing specific opinions is official Israeli government response.”

And way to miss the fucking point. The fact that expelling an entire population is even an option being pushed by the Israeli government (or will you now play mental gymnastics by asserting that the author/sponsor of this plan, Israel’s Intelligence Ministry, is not in fact a governmental instrumentality?) is repugnant and should be condemned.

“Only 15,000.” Lord. Where does one begin….

by Anonymousreply 182December 7, 2023 8:34 PM

Hardly. Our military prepares all kinds of war plans, up to and including what the world would look like after a nuclear holocaust. That the IDF prepared a paper of what it would take to wipe Gaza off the map is not shocking. What is shocking is that you will impugn Israel at any and every chance, even when they do the exact same thing we and countless countries across the planet do.

Let's begin with the fact that Hamas embeds itself within the civilian population to put Israel in this position. They execute Gazans who want to leave areas where Hamas is hiding. If Hamas wanted to protect their citizens, they could comply with international law and put their soldiers in uniform and forbid them from hiding in and amongst the population. [italic]That[/italic] would reduce the civilian casualties to zero.

by Anonymousreply 183December 8, 2023 4:54 AM

And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a bicycle. Stop collectively punishing Gazans because their leadership are psychotic murderers.

by Anonymousreply 184December 8, 2023 6:34 AM

And how precisely do you propose getting rid of Hamas without killing civilians, R184?

Oh right. You're not.

by Anonymousreply 185December 8, 2023 5:14 PM

R185 I’m not that commenter but weeks of indiscriminate shelling when they knew they were killing civilians in huge numbers is not acceptable.

It should have been a technical ground offensive from the outset to minimize civilian casualties. But they wanted to do that.

by Anonymousreply 186December 8, 2023 5:16 PM

[quote][R185] I’m not that commenter but weeks of indiscriminate shelling when they knew they were killing civilians in huge numbers is not acceptable. It should have been a technical ground offensive from the outset to minimize civilian casualties. But they wanted to do that.

Hamas broke the ceasefire when they refused to release the remainder of the women aged 19 and over because the women had been sexually and physically assalted.

Hamas broke the ceasefire when they fired rockets into Israel.

Hamas can end this if they want to, but they dress as civilians, base themselves in civilian areas and use civilians as human shields.

This is what never again means.

by Anonymousreply 187December 8, 2023 5:24 PM

The majority of the population in Gaza is fine with Hamas, and with what Hamas inflicts on Jews.

by Anonymousreply 188December 8, 2023 10:07 PM

She’s right

by Anonymousreply 189December 8, 2023 10:26 PM

[quote] Hamas broke the ceasefire when they refused to release the remainder of the women aged 19 and over because the women had been sexually and physically assalted.

Source; trust me bro.

by Anonymousreply 190December 9, 2023 12:35 AM

Goddamn, she's got some big ass ears.

by Anonymousreply 191December 9, 2023 12:39 AM

She was revolting during that podcast. Gross yuck

by Anonymousreply 192December 9, 2023 1:00 AM

She’s a pig and a stupid one at that.

by Anonymousreply 193December 9, 2023 10:59 AM

[quote] even when they do the exact same thing we and countless countries across the planet do.

How interesting! So countless countries across the planet have circulated official government papers proposing mass ethnic cleansing? Could you perhaps link to one of these countless documents from, say, the last 20 years or so, or an academic source which discusses them?

by Anonymousreply 194December 10, 2023 3:10 AM

Above was for R183.

by Anonymousreply 195December 10, 2023 3:11 AM

R194, you continue to deflect from your ludicrous original claim. Let’s repeat:

[quote] The Israelis have stated clearly their plan is to drive the Palestinians from Gaza into Sinai, and kill anyone remaining in Gaza.

Not only did you misrepresent the advocacy for this plan, you misdescribed the “plan” itself. When you ignore what others tell you, which is that defense and military planners often generate straw man plans that they have no intent of implementing, you play shocked and naive that anyone could do such a thing. The US regularly does planning for wars and options we have no intent or desire to fight.

Could you maybe go read something that doesn’t fit your narrative? It’s not healthy to be so rigid.

by Anonymousreply 196December 10, 2023 12:08 PM

Hamas senior official says Palestinian civilians’ safety is not its responsibility. The tunnels are for Hamas only. Oct 27, 2023 interview:

[quote]Interviewer: "Many people are asking: Since you have built 500 kilometers of tunnels, why haven't you built bomb shelters, where civilians can hide during bombardment?"

[quote] Mousa Abu Marzouk (Hamas Political Bureau) "We have built the tunnels because we have no other way of protecting ourselves from being targeted and killed. These tunnels are meant to protect us from the airplanes. We are fighting from inside the tunnels. Everybody knows that 75% of the people in the Gaza Strip are refugees, and it is the responsibility of the United Nations to protect them.”

If Hamas is the duly elected government, then civilian protection is Hamas's responsibility. If Hamas is NOT the government, with responsibility to protect civilians, then Hamas is Gaza's occupier, and, in the interviewee's own words, “According to the Geneva Convention, it is the responsibility of the occupation to provide them (civilians) with all the services as long as they are under occupation."

There will be a cease fire when Hamas is destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 197December 10, 2023 12:53 PM

Link for r197

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2023 12:53 PM

[quote]So countless countries across the planet have circulated official government papers proposing mass ethnic cleansing?

Don't be obtuse, ConcernedEuropean.

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2023 7:53 PM

Obtuse is Concerned European’s default setting.

by Anonymousreply 200December 10, 2023 8:38 PM

R196 [quote] that defense and military planners often generate straw man plans that they have no intent of implementing

So if there are many examples of such things, then the links I requested won't be difficult for you to find, will they?

by Anonymousreply 201December 10, 2023 10:02 PM

Military planning isn’t generally public, but here is a story that talks about how they usually provide a “far out” option. Unlike wiser leaders, Trump usually bit.

But CE, you still have not shown evidence for your original claim, which was about Israel’s public commitment to expelling and killing Gazans. Funny how you keep changing the goalposts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 10, 2023 10:25 PM

It's ALREADY HAPPENING R202.

Here's the UN

[quote] “Israel has already carried out mass ethnic cleansing of Palestinians under the fog of war,” the expert said. “Again, in the name of self-defence, Israel is seeking to justify what would amount to ethnic cleansing. Any continued military operations by Israel have gone well beyond the limits of international law.".

by Anonymousreply 203December 10, 2023 10:33 PM

Oops and link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 10, 2023 10:33 PM

Lol R202 Your 'far-out' option in that link is about assassinating a named individual, not about carrying out mass ethnic cleansing. Would love a link to back up your claim that the Israeli plan for mass expulsion to the Sinai is 'routine' government planning that every government does.

by Anonymousreply 205December 10, 2023 10:36 PM

She's a bit coarse, perhaps some lotion?

by Anonymousreply 206December 10, 2023 10:36 PM

And here is Smotrich publicly backing the 'voluntary migration' (hahaha) of Palestinians from the Gaza strip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 10, 2023 10:38 PM

Just get them on buses and send them north!

by Anonymousreply 208December 10, 2023 10:41 PM

Concerned European, just stop. You are embarrassing yourself with your lack of understanding, poor reasoning, and limited knowledge of the conflict beyond “Israel Bad, Palestine Good.”

Let me break down your foolishness.

At r203/r204, you link to an October 14 article predicting what Israel will do in a war that hadn’t even started.

At R205, you change the argument. First you say it is official planning to expel Gazans. When it is pointed out that this is only a leaked plan, you express shock that a plan could even exist. When it is pointed out that military planning often includes “far out” options, you insist on proof. Remember, you were the one who said it was “clear” public policy. And you can’t prove that because it is not true.

Then at 207, you link to an extreme right wing politician as if that is evidence of overall Israeli policy.

There is a lot to criticize about Israel, but doing it from a position of ignorance is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 209December 10, 2023 11:19 PM

A lot of blacks have a strong hatred of Jews. Pretty pathetic considering how much they've helped them on the civil rights struggle.

by Anonymousreply 210December 10, 2023 11:27 PM

[quote] At [R203]/[R204], you link to an October 14 article predicting what Israel will do in a war that hadn’t even started.

Troll at R209, do you even read things? Not the things I write but even the things you write? The document is from Oct. 14th, which, even if you accept the Israeli government framing of the issue, is a full week after the 'start' of the war on Oct 7th.

The document, which you apparently didn't read, contains these sentences:

[quote] Since 7 October 2023, more than 1,900 Palestinians have been killed, including at least 600 children, more than 7,600 injured, and over 423,000 people have been displaced as a result of the Israeli strikes.

Strange for a war that 'hadn't even started' no? Or do those thousands of deaths and injuries not count to you?

Let me try to simplify this for you.

The leaked government document shows that planning for a scenario of mass expulsion has taken place at the highest levels of the Israeli government. The UN Special Rapporteur's comments show that this scenario is *in progress, RIGHT NOW, as we speak*. I then follow up with a supportive comment from Bezalel Smotrich, whom you dismiss as 'an extreme right-wing politician'. You neglect to mention that this 'extreme right-wing politician' IS ISRAEL'S CURRENT FINANCE MINISTER and will thus be very actively involved in planning for the supply of the military operations which are RIGHT NOW taking place. His public comments are an indication of what he is thinking and doing RIGHT NOW. If he is not expressing current government policy but an alternative policy, he ought to be dismissed or to resign, but this hasn't happened.

I mean, there must be something wrong with you, right? No rational person would miss all of this. I am putting the important points in all caps to help you.

Anyway, you then defended Israel's government for producing this plan for mass ethnic cleansing by making two arguments: a) there is no chance that they will actually do this 'far-out' plan and b) in any case it's just what all governments do. I question both of these but asked for substantiation for b) that this kind of plan specifying mass ethnic cleansing is just a normal thing for a government to produce. I specifically did not ask for confirmation that governments produces proposals specifying a range of options, some more and some less feasible, but confirmation that other governments have even considered mass ethnic cleansing of an enemy population. This you have, to put it mildly, failed to engage with, because this kind of abhorrent proposal is NOT normal or routine.

by Anonymousreply 211December 10, 2023 11:42 PM

The UN's comments concerning Israel have long lost any legitimacy, considering its undue focus on one single state, an open democracy, to the exclusion of all the closed societies, dictatorships, authoritarian governments, and human-rights violators the UN refuses to condemn.

by Anonymousreply 212December 11, 2023 10:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!