Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Oh Noes! Gayle's new show with Charles Barkley is a FLOP!

Time to call in Oprah for a guest spot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2023 9:22 PM

You don't have to be a 15 Million a year TV exec to have known that this show would have flopped. Nothing against Charles or Gayle, but c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 12:55 PM

I had no idea this was even a thing. The article sounds like it was the end result of a Mad Lib.

"The weekly show on _____(Television Network) hosted by _______ (Minor Celebrity) and _______ (Aging Sportsman) drew just ______ (Number) viewers."

The weekly show on Buzzr hosted by Mindy Cohn and Brian Boitano drew just 69 viewers.

The weekly show on WeTV hosted by Shelley Hack and Evander Holyfield drew just 911 viewers.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 1:06 PM

Lots of people are blacked out.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 1:08 PM

Gayle and her $5.99 McCrory's Shake n Go wig are FLOPS!

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 1:18 PM

Well it hasn't cost much more than San Francisco's Slave Reparations and we can consider these two paid in full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 1:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 1:19 PM

It's on at 10. Lots of ads on CNN. Nothing against either of them but what's the sell? I'm supposed to think this duo might be.....insightful?

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 1:21 PM

I hate the name of this show.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Charles Barkley is painful to watch.

Gayle might be worth a show like this if she had an interesting co-star.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 1:49 PM

[quote] Gayle and her $5.99 McCrory's Shake n Go wig are FLOPS!

Gayle has a ratty Korean wig.

And Charles Barkley sounds like Fat Albert.

No thanks!

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 2:39 PM

Oprah's probably having a good laugh.

Gayle is no Orca.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 2:40 PM

Who cares what Charles Barkley has to say? Only a niche audience of older sports fans, that's who.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 2:42 PM

How does a pre-taped show take phone calls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 3:25 PM

I don't know much about Gayle, but I happened to see her doing an interview the other day, and he lap was full of papers, like a stack. Something seemed amiss.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 3:46 PM

Gayle is a mouthpiece for the Sussex pair. Whatever credibility she once might have had has been diminished by that.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2023 3:52 PM

Fuck off r2

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 4:18 PM

Who watches these shows? It’s like they have to force it down your throats because they can’t face the idea of paid programming taking up half the day.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2023 4:35 PM

It does have a great title.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2023 4:37 PM

I do r17

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2023 4:51 PM

[quote] CNN also notes that King Charles had the youngest median viewer age (67) of any 10 p.m. cable news show Wednesday. Fox News had a median age of 73, while MSNBC’s median viewer in that hour was 76.

There is something so stale and stupid about this that just epitomizes the overall uselessness of the average cable TV executive. We're not getting those old 73-year-olds, you guys, we're getting the young and vibrant 67-year-olds!

Braindead people making multimillion dollar decisions. This is CNN, bom, bomp.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2023 4:59 PM

Why would two elderly black people be successful in a prime time news show? This is the USA.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2023 6:08 PM

Strange show. Gayle and Charles have no chemistry. He seems to rant and not really be interested in her opinion. And they still haven't worked out the tone of the show. It goes from light banter to talking to Clarissa Ward about the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, which feels strange for a show with a bright purple set and Gayle in neon green.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2023 4:09 AM

[Quote] It does have a great title.

No, it doesn’t. Americans have no fucking interest in the Royals and even if they did, it’s a stupid title for a show.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2023 5:38 AM

Gayle is more suited to taking her wrath out on those pussybois on the CBS morning show.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2023 5:48 AM

I watch a couple of minutes and it was bad. From the tiny bit I saw it looked like Gayle was walking Barkley through the material to keep it coherent.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2023 8:14 PM

I like Gayle, but my experience with her was when she was local anchor in Hartford, CT. But this was a horrible idea for a show.

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2023 9:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!