Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone else burnt out from celebrity gossip being so negative and depressing these past few years?

Feels like every big story has been about abuse and sexual assault nonstop for the past few years, and it’s exhausting. These are important issues of course, but damn I wish things could be more light hearted and fun.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 7:56 PM

What would you like to talk about OP?

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2023 1:30 AM

No shit, OP

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 1:38 AM

What kind of gossip do you want to hear?

Love triangles like Angelina, Brad, and Jennifer Aniston only happen every so often.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 1:43 AM

R1 Gossip that has nothing to do with abuse and rape, please.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 1:54 AM

I am chockfull of celebrities trying to see who can look the most like a bad blow up doll.

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2023 1:59 AM

Get back to your Tiger Beat, dear.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2023 2:01 AM

What’s more depressing is who is considered a celebrity these days.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2023 2:19 AM

Yes. I miss the pointless celebrity drama of the early 2000s.

Kelly Osborne vs. Christina Aguilera

Lindsay Lohan vs. Ashlee Simpson

Etc.

It was all so messy and fun.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2023 2:21 AM

Bimbo Summit (Lindsay, Britney, and Paris sitting in the front seat of a car) can only happen once in maybe 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2023 2:28 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2023 6:25 PM

The only gossip I'm only interested for are gay rumours and outings.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2023 6:28 PM

The poors love this stuff as it gets them away from thinking about their own pathetic, meaningless little lives.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2023 6:28 PM

What disturbs me about it is that it doesn't seem to indicate that Americans are turning on the celebrity culture or worshipping fame any less. It just speaks to our increasingly nasty and cynical nature. I wouldn't want to necessarily go back to the past where celebrities are treated as infallible godlike beings though.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2023 6:31 PM

I miss when the attitude toward celebrities was reverential, but there was still room to laugh at their foibles. Now, whenever a celeb does something problematic™, it becomes part of a larger cultural discourse/war. It's exhausting.

Obsessed fans with a parasocial relationship with some celebrities aren't helping, either. Making death threats against those who criticize your "fave" is insane.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2023 7:32 PM

The recent revelations about Sean Combs are especially vile. He is an absolute monster.

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2023 7:39 PM

Great observation OP. That is why I spend more and more time on DL where there is so little negativity and depressing and nasty and snark and hate and more depressing and……..

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2023 7:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!