Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chris Cuomo Says He'd Consider Voting For Trump: 'I Am Always Open'

NewsNation’s Chris Cuomo, who is from a long line of prominent Democrats, said he would consider voting for Donald Trump for president in 2024.

Cuomo appeared on the PBD Podcast on Thursday where host Patrick Bet-David asked, “Could Trump do anything to get your vote?”

Cuomo, who was at CNN during the 2016 presidential campaign, then gave some history, saying he interviewed Trump “routinely.”

“I was one of the people to let him do the phone interview,” Cuomo said. “And we were smart enough at CNN to say, ‘Offer it to Hillary, offer it to Hillary.’ And her campaign would be like, ‘No, we’re not giving you an interview, like, every third day.’ It’s on them. He wanted the opportunity, we gave it to him.”

Cuomo went on to say that Trump “made life hard” for his family. “Gratuitously, ok?” although he didn’t go into details. “If he had done something that made it harder for your kids in school, is he going to get your vote?”

But Cuomo said he’s not sure Biden would be the right choice in 2024.

“Do I think [Biden] is the best of us? No. Do I think he’s the best we can do as president? Absolutely not. Do I think he’s the best that Democrats can do? Hell no,” Cuomo said.

“If you’ve got those two, though, are you going to sit it out?” Bet-David asked.

“If it’s Biden-Trump? Look, for me, again: We survived a Trump administration. Would we survive another one? Yes. Yes,” he repeated. “I don’t think there’s any greater risk to America with him than with Biden.” Cuomo continued:

And for people who are now going to attack me, and say, “What are you talking about? Trump is like this crazy man!” Well look…Nobody was trying to kill us when Trump was president in a way that they’re not now. If anything, there’s more hostility. And you can have reasons for that, any way you want. I’m just saying, existentially, I’m not afraid of a Trump presidency.

Existentially, I’m not afraid of another Biden presidency, because unlike many people in America, I believe that the country is much stronger than any individual leader. We survived the Russia thing. We survived January 6. We survived having Biden as a gaffe machine. We survived Congress going after each other and doing nothing for the rest of us. We survive these things. Are we better for it? No. Should we be doing things differently? Yes. I think it happens, I don’t know when, I don’t know why. In terms of who I’m going to vote for, I would really have to see where we are at the moment in time.

“So you’re open to a Trump vote?” Ben-David pressed.

“I am always open. And I’ll tell you this: People say, ‘Oh, bullshit! You’ve never voted for a Republican in your life.’ Wrong. Not only have I, the first vote I ever cast was for a Republican.”

That Republican, Cuomo said, was George H. W. Bush who defeated Gov. Mike Dukakis in 1988.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 10, 2024 2:16 PM

He needs to shut his mouth and take off his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2023 10:20 PM

Another gutless, spineless two-bit politician/egomaniac.

Fuck him and his dirtball scumbag family.

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2023 10:21 PM

Whatever Chris.

Anyway, he looks like he's gained a few pounds and looks better for it.

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2023 10:21 PM

Has Donna Lemon commented?

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2023 10:26 PM

What a ridiculous answer. Trump literally tried to stage a coup to seize the presidency when he had clearly lost the election. And this dumb fucker thinks that is the equivalent to Biden being a "gaffe machine," which by the way he really isn't. He fucks up like Trump fucks up, but we're not "surviving" Biden's gaffes. We are of course indifferent to them. They don't actually matter. The real question would be could we survive Trump's stated attempt to use the Justice Department to kill or arrest all of his real or perceived enemies. If Cuomo is too fucking stupid to answer that question, he should sit on the sidelines and shut the fuck up for the next year, at least.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2023 10:26 PM

Cuomo is interested only in promoting himself. He's a world-class Narcissist and will say anything for attention.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2023 10:28 PM

Moron.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote]Well look…Nobody was trying to kill us when Trump was president in a way that they’re not now.

No, because people were fighting for their own lives with Covid because of Trumps fuck ups. Fuck this Guido.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2023 10:33 PM

For him, it's still the stupid game it was for the media in 2016. Oh, let's not give a fuck about who actually runs this country or whether literal fascism is coming to this country. Let's giggle about Hillary's emails or Hunter's dick and let's be complete cunts about every attempt to point out that Trump is actually a complete fucking grifter whose only interest is stealing everything in sight and lying constantly about everything and of course making himself president for life. Tee hee, isn't it fun.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Mario would be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2023 10:59 PM

"Fatty!"

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2023 11:02 PM

So many people are scared of him, apparently. Let’s hope he drops dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2023 11:03 PM

The Cuomos were ill used and castrated by the democratic party and have zero fucks to give

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2023 11:10 PM

He might be trying to ingratiate himself with his new network, which is kinda Fox lite.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2023 11:11 PM

NewsNation 🤢

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2023 11:12 PM

He's ALWAYS been friends with Cryptkeeper Kellyanne Conway. I think that speaks volumes for his slimy character.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2023 11:13 PM

Mario is rolling over in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2023 11:14 PM

"The Cuomos" were not ill used. Mario Cuomo dithered and dawdled and dicked around and wound up not running for president when he might have. That is not the fault of the Democratic Party or Bill Clinton or anybody else. He might have won. He chose not to try.

Andrew Cuomo was caught up in the idiocy of extremist MeTooism, but there again, it really wasn't up to everybody else to save him. He should have said, no this is some nonsense and bullshit, and I choose not to step aside. Bite my ass, fuckers.

And Chris of course lost his job by being sleazy and crossing some of the few lines media still gives itself, by being an unofficial advisor, media cover person for his brother.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2023 11:15 PM

R8 what fuck ups by Trump? Talk about fuck ups Andrew Cuomo made COVID about himself; got a book deal and an EMMY which was later rescinded and certainly was responsible for the deaths of so many of the elderly in nursing homes when he set the USNS Comfort a sailing when it could have been used as a hospital for recovering seniors. It had 1000 beds which were largely left unused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2023 11:22 PM

Its use for COVID patients was approved by Trump. BTW The Comfort was docked near the Javits Center which had 1,500 beds that were hardly used.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2023 11:28 PM

Cuomos removal from office is another successful attack against American democracy

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2023 11:28 PM

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been under fire for most of the year, facing allegations on four fronts -- sexual harassment of young women in his orbit, verbal harassment and threats against other politicians, safety issues with a bridge named for his father, and mishandling of the COVID epidemic in nursing homes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2023 11:32 PM

He received his Emmy for his pandemic briefings WTF!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2023 11:36 PM

Once white liberals lose power, they will reveal their true face . they are right-wing from the get go

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2023 11:50 PM

His dick should be spouting off on camera, not his big mouth. He looks different, but still very sexy.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2023 11:51 PM

Whatever.

Santos is accused of far worse crimes and won't fucking leave office. Cuomo, was hounded out of office by the flimsiest of accusations at the expense of New York citizens

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2023 11:54 PM

I would consider voting for Trump...

Consider it one of the stupidest moves I could ever make.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2023 11:56 PM

I hate him like poison

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2023 11:58 PM

The fact that he would even consider voting for Trump after his attempts to subvert our democracy, instigate violence on the Capitol, extort the president of Ukraine to lie about a Hunter Biden investigation to receive US aid, stop the Electoral Count Act in congress, steal hundreds of classified and top secret documents from the government, extort the secretaries of state in Georgia and Arizona to throw the election, decades long history of bank fraud and tax fraud, and over 20 credible accusations of sexual harassment or assault, and more.

Sorry Chris, you are a lost cause man. I can't believe I spend any time whatsoever watching his CNN show. Please slither away into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2023 12:06 AM

Santos is accused of far worse crimes and won't fucking leave office

'Whatever' Care to share what was 'far worse' than what the 'Covid Governor' did to thousands of seniors?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2023 12:08 AM

Our democracy was subverted with Governor Cuomos removal

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2023 12:10 AM

What a fucking moron,. Trump's policies and political appointments are why we are where we are today. Inflation is a direct result of his trade wars with China and Mexico, His tax cuts for the rich blew the deficit up, Let's see, overturning Roe V Wade, countless Supreme Court decisions that have rolled back protections at work, the FDA, the SEC..To look at the two presidencies and go" They are both the same and we would be worse off with Biden" is a fucking stupid comment from a guy who is nothing more than a talking head.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2023 12:13 AM

This guy has zero morals and zero ethics, so why expect more of him.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Chris says "I am always open'"

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2023 12:16 AM

I read this as "Chris Christie Says ....."

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2023 12:17 AM

The Cuomos were burned by the Democrats

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2023 12:18 AM

[quote] Chris Cuomo Says He'd Consider Voting For Trump: 'I Am Always Open'

Translation = please watch my show, I am very close to become completely irrelevant and I need to make some news before my show gets cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2023 12:18 AM

His pussy response sums up most of our cowardly media, in a nutshell. So our if touch in their "silos" that they could give a damn who gets elected. They know they'll be untouched and unaffected, unlike the rest of us. Their rights and safety are assured, unlike the rest of us.

And if they do happen to find themselves in danger? Well, golly gee! Unlike the rest of us, they'll somehow manage to escape to safety.

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2023 12:18 AM

R36 The Democrats were not willing to turn a blind eye to the Cuomo's corruption.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2023 12:19 AM

r39 Unlike every Republican. They reward it with nominations

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2023 12:21 AM

Is that what it was or was Governor Cuomo removed to make room for the Biden/Harris ticket?

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2023 12:21 AM

"So our if touch in their "silos" ....."

huh?

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2023 12:22 AM

He ruined his reputation as a “journalist” when he was shown to be advising his brother, a politician which he was supposed to be covering.

Now that he is at a third tier news outfit, CNN was a second tier one, he has to create buzz by making waves with ridiculous statements such as these.

He’s the second son of a dissipated dynasty who is grasping at straws to maintain his Hamptons lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2023 12:24 AM

He made a good deal of money during his years at CNN. I'm sure he can maintain his current lifestyle whether he works or not. He wants to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2023 12:51 AM

*So out of touch

Re: R42, the "silo" reference: please see linked article for another Richie-Rich who assures us that Trump is no threat to us, when he actually means Trump is no threat to HIM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2023 1:02 AM

I used to listen to his show on Sirius all the time. He was good and pretty middle of the road. As the republicans lurched further into Trump culthood, Chris’ views didn’t really change but they were no longer middle of the road (given that the right lane of the road became the right shoulder and eventually an embankment that used to abut the right side of the road).

He probably feels aggrieved that the “woke left” toppled his brother and cost him his CNN gig. It’s disappointing but unsurprising that he’s willing to play footsie with the Trump cult now. Nevertheless it’s nuts to see him act like “they’re all bums” and that Biden is just as bad as Trump. Biden stutters once midsentence, and it’s a week of media coverage about how he’s a walking Lewy body. Trump tells everyone to inject bleach and it’s “LOL there he goes again, what a character”.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2023 1:04 AM

No evidence that the woke left is responsible for this

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2023 1:07 AM

I just can't muster the energy to care about Chris Cuomo. Good Lord, he's full of himself.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2023 1:12 AM

he's been giving bill o'reilly a platform on his newsnation show for a while. i don't think he meant what he said to PBD, but Chris tries to schmooze everyone in the room. PBD is a really really really bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 49December 1, 2023 1:38 AM

[quote] I’m just saying, existentially, I’m not afraid of a Trump presidency.

A privileged, entitled wealthy heterosexual white male narcissist who walks among the elite. Trump does not pose an "existential" to him but what about the rest of the world?

by Anonymousreply 50December 1, 2023 2:04 AM

[quote] He made a good deal of money during his years at CNN. I'm sure he can maintain his current lifestyle whether he works or not. He wants to stay relevant.

Maybe...maybe not. Wealthy people tend to be heavily-leveraged. He may need more money to maintain his lifestyle. He's wealthy not ultra-rich.

by Anonymousreply 51December 1, 2023 2:09 AM

I’m not surprised. Biden basically threw his brother under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 52December 1, 2023 2:10 AM

Given the chance, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't grind on Chris Cuomo's fat Italian daddy dick until he shot an Old Faithful gusher into me. But now I'd be a lot less happy and much more self-loathing about it, knowing how pathetic he is by pandering to reach a MAGA audience. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 1, 2023 2:21 AM

Chris Cuomo is an asshole.

Under what circumstances would he consider voting for Trump? What would Biden have to do that Cuomo would vote for Trump, who is hellbent on destroying our democracy?

Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2023 6:57 AM

What an idiot. I'm glad CNN fired him.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2023 7:00 AM

Chris Cuomo is the result of sniffing your own farts for years.

He's a former prettyboy newsreader.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2023 7:36 AM

He's obviously just looking for attention, so he might as well have said, "I'm a complete fucking moron," because it's pretty much the same thing as what he did say.

by Anonymousreply 57December 1, 2023 7:52 AM

[quote]I read this as "Chris Christie Says ....."

I initially read it the same way and thought, "What an odd shift in tone for Christie's campaign."

by Anonymousreply 58December 1, 2023 8:16 AM

I didn't have "Cuomo to the right of Christie" on my 2023 political bingo card. But here we are!

by Anonymousreply 59December 1, 2023 10:32 AM

Daddy Mario would be so proud of his sons.....

by Anonymousreply 60December 1, 2023 10:45 AM

Does he still have hallucinations of his dead father? Cuomo started to lose his mind a few years back, no surprise he's totally off the rails now. And I definitely wouldn't 'do' him he's a sleazy greaseball and has premature ejaculator written all over him.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2023 12:35 PM

Well, didn't someone need a little extra attention today, Christopher?

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2023 12:58 PM

The woke idiots forced Cuomo out and now Kathy Hocunt is ruining the state with Eric Adumbs.

by Anonymousreply 63December 1, 2023 1:17 PM

NewsNation: FOX in sheep’s clothing

by Anonymousreply 64December 1, 2023 1:32 PM

What a moron. Maybe it's Covid-brain.

by Anonymousreply 65December 1, 2023 1:43 PM

This doesn’t surprise me. He knows liberals don’t watch his show. Or probably any other show on the “network” he’s on now.

by Anonymousreply 66December 1, 2023 2:09 PM

He’ll probably turn ultra right to get noticed. Nothing more Repug than an ex-Dem who feels wronged by his party.

by Anonymousreply 67December 1, 2023 7:31 PM

Doesn't he work for a MAGA channel now?

by Anonymousreply 68December 1, 2023 8:10 PM

He’s not half as smart as he thinks he is. The curtain has been drawn and it’s not a pretty sight. I can now see how he and Donna Lemon were “friends.” Neither is very bright.

by Anonymousreply 69December 1, 2023 8:22 PM

r63 is a Ramaswamy precinct captain.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2023 3:30 AM

Moron

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2023 6:26 AM

R53 his skin reminds me of a raw chickenbreast that's been left on the counter for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2023 11:58 AM

He must realize that Americans are coming hot for fascism. They want to be repressed, controlled, and have their civil rights and hard earned money taken away so badly. They want religious fanatics getting their grubby fingers on everything. Who knows if they’ll like it once it’s here. Maybe it will be great.

by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2023 2:32 PM

"He must realize that Americans are coming hot for fascism."

What an idiotic statement.

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2023 10:36 PM

That is a shocker.

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2023 11:39 PM

He’s fatter than ever, more inane than ever, and more fuckable than ever.

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2023 11:51 PM

Okay, now he is no longer hot.

by Anonymousreply 77December 3, 2023 12:30 AM

R77, you’ve summed up my feelings exactly.

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2023 12:39 AM

maybe he feels the Dems threw his brother under the bus

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2023 2:20 AM

Why are all these guys on CNN sleeper Republicans? They never talk about it on the air, they act like Democrats but then sooner or later you find out they "used to be" Republicans. Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, Cuomo and you too Miss Katie Fang of MSNBC.

I am not talking about Republicans like Nicole Wallis, or Joe Scarborough who actually were open about it and left the party because of Trump. At least you knew where they stood.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2023 3:34 AM

Katie Phang was a republican??? 🤨

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2023 6:55 AM

[quote]Okay, now he is no longer hot.

Agreed. So now we have absolutely no reason to talk about him anymore.

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2023 8:08 AM

[quote]Katie Phang was a republican?

Yep, she said so in one of her first shows. Obviously getting hired by MSNBC she like many others are going to say they left the party, bla, bla, bla. The high paying job is more important than silly party affiliation on a sinking ship. Could be genuine change or just convince change, who knows.

Michael Smerconish on CNN did the same. Claims he's an independent, but if you look up his history, he was a Republican for many, many years. Cant stand that guy, always trying to play "both sides" argument like they are both equally valid when it's clear one side is akin to being flat earthers.

by Anonymousreply 83December 6, 2023 2:11 AM

Katie Phang WAS a Republican, emphasis on WAS. She voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016 and for Joe Biden in 2020. Unlike, say, Nicolle Wallace, she never worked for a criminal republican administration or tried to foist a crackpot idiot menace on the country.

by Anonymousreply 84December 6, 2023 2:30 AM

Congratulations, Chris. You've now been canceled twice, and, the second time, you did it to yourself.

by Anonymousreply 85December 6, 2023 3:43 AM

He did it to himself the first time as well.

by Anonymousreply 86December 6, 2023 12:06 PM

Well what do you guys expect from HIMbos? Seriously? He's the moderate's version of the Fox News woman in pencil skirts and big tits. In fact his tits are probably the only reason he has that job.

by Anonymousreply 87December 6, 2023 12:15 PM

There goes any remaining respect I had for him. He's dumb. And his brother is a piece of shit too.

by Anonymousreply 88December 6, 2023 1:56 PM

He has to make sure there is a record of him saying this. They all do. When Trump is inaugurated the retribution and dismantling of all things in the government will be swift and violent. They are just purchasing insurance.

by Anonymousreply 89December 6, 2023 2:14 PM

His brother and father were allegedly known to make racist remarks against blacks and Hispanics in private. Once when Mario was hospitalized he allegedly made a point of telling the hospital staff that he didn’t want black nurses tending to him.

Not surprised by this at all.

by Anonymousreply 90December 6, 2023 5:18 PM

Mario Cuomo was progressive, but his children didn't totally adapt to his politics and attitude. When Cuomo ran for NYC mayor in the late 1970s and the front runner was Ed Koch, it Was Andrew Cuomo who came up with the unofficial slogan; Vote for Cuomo not the Homo.

by Anonymousreply 91December 7, 2023 12:04 AM

I tired watching him after he got fired. Changed the channel, almost like a different person in terms of his view points. Felt like I was watching a guy sell out saying whatever he thought the viewers wanted to hear based on the channel demographics. Sell out.

by Anonymousreply 92December 7, 2023 12:35 AM

He's trying to stay relevant. For some people once they get public exposure they crave it and feel lost without it. Apparently that is Chris Cuomo now. His family name and pretty boy looks helped get him to where he was but that was then and this is now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 7, 2023 1:16 AM

He is taking a page out of the Trump playbook by becoming Maga.

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2023 1:35 AM

He thinks he’s such a tough guy

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2023 2:00 AM

It’s nothing new to see these people change their stripes on a dime to curry favor with their audience.

by Anonymousreply 96December 9, 2023 5:59 AM

Yep, he will be MAGA in now time. Wait till he gets another job offer from Fox, or OAN.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2023 6:06 PM

He's mad that the Democrats held his brother's feet to the fire and that his career was affected by it. That, and his RePUG wife has probably been coaxing him to her side for years. He even admitted earlier this year while being interviewed by Dan Abrahams that he voted for Bush. During his CNN hand-offs to Don Lemon, Don would often get on his case for constantly having putrid MAGA Trump acolytes on his show, who did nothing but regurgitate the same lies.

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2023 6:16 PM

Isn't that what Himbos do? Totally influenced and controlled by their wives, ideology that goes with whatever way the wind blows them? That's what Bimbos do.

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2023 6:26 PM

Maybe he’s bipolar?

by Anonymousreply 100December 10, 2023 7:11 PM

If he voted for Bush he can't have been much of a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2023 6:46 AM

Chiris is what I would call a convenient Democrat. If it's going to further his career, he's a Democrat. If not, he will label himself Independent. If he gets a job at Fox guarantee it starts calling himself a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 102December 12, 2023 9:01 AM

And now he’s interviewing Victor Orban’s buddy, Fucker Carlson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 10, 2024 10:15 AM

(^.^) Wow! He IS desperate!

by Anonymousreply 104March 10, 2024 11:35 AM

I hope he enjoys being the Scott Baio of TV news.

by Anonymousreply 105March 10, 2024 1:03 PM

I think he’s taken his new “Free agent”- aka - “not beholden to either major party” label a little too far.

by Anonymousreply 106March 10, 2024 2:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!