Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeremy Northam

Despite being born to a distinguished professor, he always knew he wanted to be an actor. After graduating from Bedford, he started acting at Royal National Theatre alongside Ian Charleson and Daniel Day-Lewis.

After he established his stage career, he appearing in the drama Wish Me Luck. He soon became a staple of TV and cinema- Wuthering Heights, Carrington, The Net, Emma, Amistad, The Winslow Boy, The Golden Bowl, Gosford Park, Bobby Jones: Stroke of Genius, The Tudors, Dean Spanley, The Man Who Knew Infinity, Eye in the Sky, and The Crown.

Let's discuss the great thespian Jeremy Northam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2023 8:52 PM

One of my favorites. I could watch him read the phone book.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2023 3:29 PM

He is Jeremy Northam!

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2023 3:30 PM

I always thought he looked like Julian Wadham

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2023 3:35 PM

Why did he disappear?

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2023 3:41 PM

He was in the Crown a few years back. The wiki says he's filming something.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2023 3:43 PM

No, no R2.

He *IS* Jeremy Northam!

(I'm sure little Miss OP does little jazz introduction hands with a flourish!)

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2023 3:45 PM

Is he gay? One late in life marriage to a woman that lasted only a few years.

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2023 3:46 PM

Not a classic, but I actually enjoyed his performance as Dean Martin in the TV movie MARTIN and LEWIS (co-starring Sean Hayes as Jerry Lewis).

The entire film is on You Tube:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2023 3:54 PM

He fucked Emma Thompson roughly from behind in Carrington.

It feels like he's been in more A list projects than he actually has. The mid/late 90s early 00s period was good but who remembers him in Amistad or The Golden Bowl? I was thinking about Possession last week when AS Byatt died and I remember Paltrow and Ehle but not him.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2023 4:12 PM

My gaydar pings when I see Jeremy, so much that I have to adjust my package.

He's one handsome fucker.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2023 4:16 PM

LOVE HIM! First time I ever saw him was in a UK mini-series based on the great Ruth Rendell/Barbara Vine whodunnit A FATAL INVERSION when he was in his early 20s. IIRC he does a semi-nude scene in it (and it's a great mystery, her best!).

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2023 4:17 PM

Both Jeremy Northam and Eric Porter were in stage productions of The Winslow Boy.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2023 4:21 PM

I've been to London and so has Jeremy Northam, so feeling pretty good about contributing that.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2023 4:23 PM

That is always my first memory as well, r11! I had recently read the book and then saw the tv series. There is a very homoerotc scene where the male characters are just about to fuck but are interrupted. I think there was also full frontal in another scene.

I always found him very sexy but his career does seem to have seen better days.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2023 4:35 PM

I honestly use to confuse him with Clive Owens.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2023 4:46 PM

Sally Fields

Christopher Reeves

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2023 4:53 PM

Jeremy Northams

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2023 5:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Of a certain type

Colin Firths born 1960

Jeremy Northams born 1961

Ralph Fienness born 1962

Clive Owens born 1964

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2023 5:15 PM

What stands out in that Michael Sheen interview.

The Welsh actor, 51, London-born Kate, 47, daughter Lily, now 21, partner Anna Lundberg, 26.

Imagine being 5 years younger than your dad's new girlfriend, and 20 years older than your step sister.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2023 5:19 PM

I loved his Ivor Novello in Gotsford Park. Loved him in everything he's done actually. Even the flops. Would have loved to have seen him in live theatre performance. Didn't he play Thomas More in The Tudors? His Anthony Eden in The Crown was pitch perfect.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2023 5:20 PM

[quote] What stands out in that Michael Sheen interview.

Michael Sheens

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2023 5:34 PM

Does he do a lot of stage work?

I think he was the only child of wealthy parents and just kind of quit acting when he got that inheritance money.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2023 5:49 PM

Why are we talking about Michael Sheen and Kate Beckinsale? OK. She was in The Golden Bowl with Jeremy Northam in his disastrous turn as an Italian, but WTF?

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2023 6:06 PM

His dad, who was a famed literature professor at Cambridge and Bristol, died in 2004.

His mom was an economics professor.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2023 6:07 PM

I think he's an exceptional actor. Have enjoyed him in everything I've seen of him.

He gave Hollywood a shot briefly, then retreated back to Britain. Now, I rarely see him in anything,.

Wish he'd stuck if out in Hollywood a bit longer and wish Hollywood had made him a bigger star. He's so much more talented than Bradley Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2023 6:39 PM

R3- They don’t look alike at all to me , however they are BOTH good looking.

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2023 6:58 PM

R18- I think Michael Sheen is a PUSSYHOUND.

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2023 7:00 PM

Michael Sheen is overrated and an overacting actor. He destroyed a full season of The Good Fight.

Jeremy should come back to actting.

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2023 9:02 PM

Michael Sheen has an elephant trunk sized penis.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2023 9:03 PM

Michael Sheen's performance in The Good Fight was so bad it was practically racist. One of the worst performances I've ever seen from a serious actor and I watched Fiona Shaw in The Black Dahlia.

I've always imagined Jeremy Northam as being the kind of man who likes having his cock sucked slowly while he sits there, very quiet, guiding the person with his hand. Demanding and quite boring but respectful.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote] I always thought he looked like Julian Wadham

who I've now confused with Julian Ovendon.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2023 9:08 PM

Loved him in Gosford Park

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2023 9:08 PM

He gives a terrific performance as Anthony Eden in The Crown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2023 9:10 PM

[quote] He gives a terrific performance as Anthony Eden in The Crown.

Some say it was pitch perfect.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2023 9:18 PM

R9 Amistad is a good movie that I have enjoyed for years, but the problem is not Northam, he does a great job. It is that the movie is overall is too historical.

Northam is in maybe 15 minutes of the movie. There are other big names too- Matthew McConaughey, Antony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman, Nigel Hawthorne, etc.

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2023 10:14 PM

Watch Happy, Texas if you haven't seen it. Funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2023 2:14 AM

Here's his hairy bum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2023 2:22 AM

The picnic scene in Emma: [quote] Were she prosperous or a woman equal to you in situation, I would not quarrel with you about any liberties of manner. But she is poor, even more so than when she was born. And should she live to be an old lady, she will sink further still. Her situation being in every way below you should secure your compassion! Badly done, Emma. Badly done. She has watched you grow from a time when her notice of you was an honour to this, humbling her, laughing at her in front of people who would be guided by your treatment of her.

Just perfect.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2023 2:29 AM

Oh hell

The picnic scene in Emma:

[quote] Were she prosperous or a woman equal to you in situation, I would not quarrel with you about any liberties of manner. But she is poor, even more so than when she was born. And should she live to be an old lady, she will sink further still. Her situation being in every way below you should secure your compassion! Badly done, Emma. Badly done. She has watched you grow from a time when her notice of you was an honour to this, humbling her, laughing at her in front of people who would be guided by your treatment of her.

Just perfect.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2023 2:31 AM

His hairy bum is more interesting than that, and it's quite flat, really.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2023 2:32 AM

According to Imdb his last credit was a film called OFFICIAL SECRETS in 2019. Sounds like a political thriller with a great British cast including Keira Knightley, Ralph Fiennes, Matt Smith and Matthew Goode. Anyone seen it or heard of it? Last credit before that was Anthony Eden in THE CROWN 2016-17.

Surely, he's been offered more in the last 4 years??

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2023 2:46 AM

I love Northam, but this OP is playing the "let's discuss" troll by crapping a Wikipedia link on thread after thread and then acting like Mom with the kids in the house on a rainy day trying to keep the kids occupied.

Like a control freak.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2023 2:54 AM

R43 Rude

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2023 3:16 AM

R42 I enjoyed it. It's based on a true story. Kiera Knightly is the lead character. I like that stuff. Political thriller.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2023 8:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!