Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democrats lose black support, Trump hits new poll highs with black and Hispanic voters

Something strange is happening in the US.

Multiple polls in recent weeks have shown Trump performing historically well among Black and Hispanic voters in head-to-head matchups with President Biden, helping put him neck-and-neck with Biden in a way he rarely was during their 2020 matchup.

Across five high-quality polls that have broken out non-White voters in the past month, Trump is averaging 20 percent of Black voters and 42 percent of Hispanic voters.

No Republican presidential candidate in the past 50 years has approached receiving 20 percent of the Black vote. Since Republicans took 18 percent in 1972 and 16 percent in 1976, according to exit polls, they haven’t taken more than 12 percent of Black voters. Their average share over the past 50 years is 9 percent — about half of where Trump currently sits in the polls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176January 6, 2024 5:31 AM

I thought Kamala was supposed to bring in the black female vote?

If she's not going to deliver that, then why is she even on the ticket?

DUMP HER and nominate Gavin Newsom to be VP.

Biden/Newsom 2024!!!

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2023 2:09 PM

Rising/The Hill is owned by right wingers. You might as well post a link to Fox.

by Anonymousreply 2November 29, 2023 2:11 PM

I live in Atlanta and I don't believe a word of this

by Anonymousreply 3November 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Clearly, they have forgotten about George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, which both happened during the Trump Administration.

Not to mention Charlottesville white supremacist marches, and all the other anti-black events that happened during the Trump years.

If they're okay with it, then I'm okay with it.

You can't fix stupid.

by Anonymousreply 4November 29, 2023 2:13 PM

I don't believe it, either. Polls are bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5November 29, 2023 2:15 PM

A lot of Hispanics whose families have lived in the US for several generations don't like immigrants all that much.

by Anonymousreply 6November 29, 2023 2:16 PM

R2 is Washington post liberal enough for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 29, 2023 2:16 PM

R2 On May 2022 Republicans rated The Hill as Lean Left on average, while Democrats and Independents rated The Hill on the left side of Center.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 29, 2023 2:20 PM

Most of what you hear regarding the current polling is purposely being skewed to give the appearance that Biden's changes of reelection are bad, so there can be a replacement candidate that will not be able to beat Trump. Yes, Trump supporters are more vocal and aggressive than those for Biden, but like in 2000 the numbers are decidedly on Biden's side.

by Anonymousreply 9November 29, 2023 2:25 PM

R7 Trump pays people to act like fools at his rallies. No black person is their right mind is supporting Trump.

by Anonymousreply 10November 29, 2023 2:25 PM

A new NBC News poll ( Nov 20 2023) indicating 20% of Black voters would consider voting for Donald Trump if the presidential election were held today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2023 2:25 PM

And i fyou believe that, then you will believe them when they steal the election. It's a test.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2023 2:27 PM

R1 Brilliant thinking! The way to win back softening Black support is to fire the only Black woman VP in history. Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2023 2:28 PM

This is hogwash based up on what I am seeing in my majority Black Southern capital city.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2023 2:31 PM

One of the BLM founders is pro Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2023 2:38 PM

Not all Blacks and Hispanics live in urban areas -- in Ocala, FL, a Republican stronghold (pop. 63,591), the demographic breakdown is 56% white, 19% Black, and 17% Hispanic.

And as I've said here before, every single Black man I've spoken to voted for Trump. Not to mention every single gay person, male and female. Except for me, of course. I'm a blue dot in a sea of red.

The divide is generally urban/rural, not racial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2023 2:39 PM

We love our coloreds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 29, 2023 2:52 PM

[quote]Rising/The Hill is owned by right wingers. You might as well post a link to Fox.

Rising/The Hill is REPORTING the findings of polls. Are you telling us they're making it all up?

by Anonymousreply 18November 29, 2023 2:52 PM

Thank you for writing that, R16.

A lot of urban gays and have absolutely no idea what rural America is doing or thinking.

When you live in an urban area, you tend to think that you're the center of the world, and everyone thinks like you.

WRONG!

As you mentioned sometimes rural minorities and gay people embrace the environment in which they live, and that includes politically.

Why do you think Texas still votes red, despite its huge Hispanic, black, and asian population?

Because that's people who are raised in Texas are conditioned to think. CONSERVATIVE.

Same goes for other rural areas with gays and minorities living there.

President Biden and his team must convince those people that it's in their interest to vote for him.

However, there doesn't seem to be much outreach to them, because their vote is taken for granted.

by Anonymousreply 19November 29, 2023 2:54 PM

According to polls Biden is leading only in the whitest of six swing states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2023 2:57 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we heard these exact same scary stories back in 2019 and 2020. Save this thread and let's talk again a year from now.

by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2023 3:15 PM

Told you cunts.

by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2023 3:16 PM

R1 As much as I don’t want to accept this. It’s Biden. He has been irreversible branded as too old. The Dems suck at countering propaganda. He needs to step down for the sake of the party.

Or perhaps we will get a true independent with good ideas to finally win.

by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2023 3:18 PM

Biden is sharper and healthier than Trump. Sure, his age is by no means ideal, but Biden has always been somewhat gaffe prone. Biden is just 3 years older than Trump. So if Biden's age is an issue, then so is Trump's. It is Trump who has more obvious mental and physical decline.

by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2023 3:25 PM

I believe it is black men, not women. If the racial barrier didn’t exist you know that average black man would prefer Trump million times to any white liberal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2023 3:26 PM

sorry this is the right one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2023 3:27 PM

R24 Sadly Americans associate ignorance and obnoxiousness with youth.

by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2023 3:29 PM

But how can this be when we've been told over and over again that black women are the SAVIORS OF DEMOCRACY!?!

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2023 3:33 PM

The election is a ELEVEN months away.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2023 3:34 PM

R28 You just hate black women so you want to use them as scapegoats as to why a sociopathic megalomaniac is polling so well among varied demographics. Americans are fkin ignorant and both parties are to blame.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2023 3:38 PM

If someone is sending-out hourly polls, they have an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2023 3:38 PM

Once again Freeper cunt fuck OP thinks a freeper cunt fuck YouTube video upends facts.

Eat shit and die.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2023 3:41 PM

New york times too.

Black voters are more disconnected from the Democratic Party than they have been in decades. New polls by The New York Times and Siena College found that 22 percent of Black voters in six of the most important battleground states said they would support former President Donald J. Trump in next year’s election. Trump won just 8 percent of Black voters nationally in 2020 and 6 percent in 2016, according to the Pew Research Center. A Republican presidential candidate has not won more than 12 percent of the Black vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2023 3:42 PM

Sorry: A Republican presidential candidate has not won more than 12 percent of the Black vote in nearly half a century.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2023 3:43 PM

From NYR article:

Karen Wright, a business consultant in McDonough, Ga., who immigrated to the United States from Jamaica in 1982, said she had always voted for Democrats, seeing them as the best option for younger immigrants, particularly those from predominantly Black countries like hers.

She believes Mr. Biden has not followed through on his campaign promises on immigration, worries that Democrats have gone too far in their embrace of L.G.B.T.Q. issues and faults them for books used in public education that she believes are too sexually explicit.

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2023 3:46 PM

Biden only won because of Covid. Trump's responce to Covid scared voters. We all really believed Trump wouldn't solve Covid because he wasn't being serious about it. Prior to Covid, even through all the bad Trump behavior, the mood of the country was fine. People had more money and it was going further. Biden's term, his fault or not, has been marred by a sluggish economy. He loves to tout jobs created, but most people know a large portion of those were jobs due to Covid. A lot of people are working insecure gig economy jobs. I've even encountered older people doing Uber, DoorDash, etc. Hispanic voters are also not pleased with the lax crime laws. Immigration is also a big issue. People want to go back to 2019.

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2023 3:47 PM

Since NYT is paywalled:

In interviews, Black voters said they had seen little progress from the Biden administration on some of their top priorities, including student loan debt relief, affordable housing and accountability for the police.

Some worried that Mr. Biden was more focused on foreign policy than on domestic issues like inflation. In the Times/Siena poll, 80 percent of Black voters rated the economy as “only fair” or “poor.”

Mr. Reynolds-Martin, 25, said he planned to vote for Mr. Trump next fall, when he casts his first ballot ever. Of Mr. Biden, he said, “He’s not giving money to help the United States, but he’s giving money to other countries,” adding, “At least Donald Trump was trying to help the United States.”

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2023 3:54 PM

YAWN. Polls are like assholes...

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2023 3:55 PM

It's like how everyone thought he'd be weak with evangelicals in 2016. He didn't know one end of a Bible from the other, was in a primary race with genuine devout Christians, and then his pussy grabbing tape came out. But then he absolutely maxed out evangelical support and has retained it ever since.

He has a very unusual and unpredictable appeal with different groups, it's absolutely fascinating, if scary, to watch.

by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2023 3:56 PM

[quote]Most of what you hear regarding the current polling is purposely being skewed to give the appearance that Biden's changes of reelection are bad, so there can be a replacement candidate that will not be able to beat Trump.

Who makes up the shadowy cabal that controls America's media outlets and demands they fall in lockstep with this reporting?

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2023 4:01 PM

R33 Because all democrats are selling us is that white people are the worst people ever and that we need to constantly be open minded to transgender expression. Meanwhile you cannot get gas in downtown Atlanta without being carjacked.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2023 4:02 PM

Are the people they're polling being cherrypicked?

by Anonymousreply 42November 29, 2023 4:04 PM

It's not that surprising that there are Republican black people. They are the churchgoers and social conservatives--antigay, trans, abortion, affirmative action, same sex marriage, immigrants, and they trust Trump because he's a white person that says what he thinks often to hilarious effect. They think liberals are out of touch and posh and don't deliver on promises.

by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2023 4:06 PM

R43 Oh please. The church has been a huge part of the black community for the past 100 years and we’ve been solidly democratic since the 50s. It’s something else and black leaders refuse to wake up.

by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Perhaps it's 'dezinformatsia' being spread on social media.

by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2023 4:11 PM

R44 what is it?

by Anonymousreply 46November 29, 2023 4:15 PM

I’m black (check my post history) and unfortunately, this is very true, people. I can’t fully explain it but Trump’s support amongst black men in particular is very, very high.

by Anonymousreply 47November 29, 2023 4:16 PM

Is it the crime and housing crisis which is affecting black communities more R44?

by Anonymousreply 48November 29, 2023 4:17 PM

The vodka farms are in full speed production

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2023 4:20 PM

Troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2023 4:20 PM

The selective explanations if why "people of color" are shifting to Trump is part of a strategic effort by MAGA and its billionaire-funded PACs to win the 2024 election. The insistent posters here may or may not be embedded in those strategies.

Useless to try to "win" an argument with the MAGA-adjacent posters, but this: the "anti-woke, Trans are evil and killing the progressives, no sexy books in schools" etc etc was proven to be a complete loser in the 2023 midterms. See what happened in Virginia alone.

So folks, just don't follow this thread. Biden is struggling with support at this early date... but all these explanations are pretty silly BS.

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2023 4:23 PM

R51 Ok broski I see we just need to ignore polls now. I’m sorry, you are right, we are wrong. I guess we didn’t get the memo that all polls shall be ignored. Apologies.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2023 4:29 PM

[quote]So folks, just don't follow this thread.

Oh go fuck yourself, censorship queen. The adults can handle this subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2023 4:29 PM

One of the most fascinating quirks of DL is the furious denial when the orthodoxy is threatened.

by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2023 4:31 PM

"Posh", r43? I see. You don't have a horse in this race, do you?

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2023 4:39 PM

R44 Of course they are still majority democratic, merely speculating on why the dems have been losing male black voters. It's not a huge number, but steady:

Most Black men supported Biden, but overall, Democrats have been losing Black male support since 2008, according to NBC exit poll data.

Support for the Democratic presidential candidate reached a new low among Black men this year, according to the NBC News poll of early and Election Day voters. (2020)

Eighty percent of Black men supported Joe Biden, down slightly from Hilary Clinton’s 82 percent in 2016 but significantly down from Barack Obama’s level of support among Black men in 2012 and 2008.

In Obama’s first presidential campaign, 95 percent of Black male voters and 96 percent of Black women chose him. Four years later, support from Black women remained at 96 percent for Obama’s 2012 re-election, while the figure for Black men slid to 87 percent.

In 2016, when the nominee was Hillary Clinton, Black men dropped further to 82 percent while Black women’s support for Clinton remained high at 94 percent. Biden came close to matching that this year, garnering the support of 91 percent of Black women.

Support for the Democratic presidential candidate in general appears to be slipping among Black women as well, but to a much smaller degree. Biden still enjoyed the support of more than 9 out of every 10 Black female voters. There was an unusual relationship between education and how Black men voted this year. About 26 percent of Black men who had a high school diploma or less supported Trump. But 22 percent of Black men with bachelor’s degrees and 20 percent of Black men with advanced degrees also supported him. Black men with some college education broke for Biden at levels comparable to those of Black women.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2023 4:39 PM

^ January 6???

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2023 4:40 PM

R57 is an obvious reply to R54

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2023 4:42 PM

R2

The Hill is consistently seen as a left leaning blog by its readers.

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2023 4:45 PM

[quote] One of the most fascinating quirks of DL is the furious denial when the orthodoxy is threatened.

Ending in this...

I swear, some people never learn from lessons of the past.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2023 4:45 PM

R55 As a matter of fact I do. I'm American, despise Trump, and watch a LOT of British television. I also say things like, "is this a windup?" and "I'm chuffed" and sometimes eat beans on toast.

by Anonymousreply 61November 29, 2023 4:47 PM

It’s common knowledge among progressives that if you ignore bad things those bad things go away and never happen.

by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2023 4:48 PM

[quote]The Hill is consistently seen as a left leaning blog by its readers.

LOL, nope, r59. Try harder.

by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2023 4:49 PM

r62 = regressive

by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2023 4:49 PM

R62 The Trump Rapes?

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2023 4:50 PM

Exactly, R62.

It boggles my mind, that some die hards refuse to look at facts.

Hillary supporters screamed and cursed and berated anyone who dared say that Donald Trump had a chance of getting elected.

They bullied everyone on Datalounge, during election 2016.

And then they learned the hard way.

I think it'll be the same way with those deniers during election 2024, who insist that there's no way Joe Biden can lose.

They could be in for a very rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2023 4:52 PM

Black Lives Matter is a Russian psyop. Notice they don't do shit until the elections and then they just disappear? Follow the rubles.

by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2023 4:53 PM

Exactly, The Trump Rapes will never go away

by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2023 4:58 PM

"It’s common knowledge among progressives that if you ignore bad things those bad things go away and never happen."

It's common knowledge among progressives that when Republican's get their fat, white entitled asses in a jam, they'll lie, lie and continue to lie, even though they know they're lying through their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2023 5:01 PM

These polls are all utter bullshit. Meanwhile, Democrats keep overperforming in elections since 2020. Virginia was supposed to be a red wave a few weeks ago and Glenn Youngkin was going to charge in and be the great white savior for Republicans. That didn't work out like the media was constantly telling us.

by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2023 5:01 PM

Why do people not understand that people still don't want to see Joe Biden as President anymore? What can you say to convince them?

This reminds me of exasperated Democrats searching for a reason Trump's followers still supported him.

The biggest critical TV hit of the past year watched by all educated bougie coastal liberals was about a stubborn old man refusing to give up power to a younger generation until he died. What is not resonating here? Joe Biden did what he could and his voters do not want to give him another term. Joe Biden has not been a disaster and did many things, but ultimately he does not connect with voters emotionally. Michael Dukakis, Al Gore, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton. Learn from past mistakes, the definition of insanity is repeating them.

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote]Hillary supporters screamed and cursed and berated anyone who dared say that Donald Trump had a chance of getting elected.

[quote]They bullied everyone on Datalounge, during election 2016.

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2023 5:03 PM

"This reminds me of exasperated Democrats searching for a reason Trump's followers still supported him."

Or the same exasperating centrist Democrats wondering why young people wanted to deify Bernie Sanders. Get a clue, Democrats, before it's too late.

Remember "dump the bitch and make the switch"? Same difference.

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2023 5:03 PM

Keep trollin', r71.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 29, 2023 5:05 PM

R74

In groupthink theory, a mindguard is a member of a group who serves as an informational filter, providing limited information to the group and, consciously or subconsciously, utilizing a variety of strategies to control dissent and to direct the decision-making process toward a specific, limited range of possibilities 123. Mindguards can be self-appointed, and multiple mindguards are frequently present in groupthink situations. The techniques utilized, consciously or subconsciously, by mindguards include:

Time pressure in regard to decision-making

Bandwagon effect / information cascades

Reframing situations to increase pressure toward or away from a specific outcome

Creating a sense that group cohesion will suffer if unanimity is lacking

Other techniques 1

Mindguards exist in a variety of group settings and are not always easy to identify, which adds to the difficulty in countering the phenomenon 13.

by Anonymousreply 75November 29, 2023 5:09 PM

r73 is *definitely* retarted.

by Anonymousreply 76November 29, 2023 5:09 PM

Is that you, Caitlyn/R76?

by Anonymousreply 77November 29, 2023 5:10 PM

"Joe Biden has not been a disaster and did many things, but ultimately he does not connect with voters emotionally."

Hey asshole, we're voting for President of the United States, not prom king/queen. I don't need to have an "emotional" connection with the leader of the free world. And morons like you who need this psychobabble bullshit are responsible for giving us dirtball scumbags like Dumbya and the Orange Narcissist Dictator Wannabe.

Grow the fuck up. You're not in junior high school anymore.

by Anonymousreply 78November 29, 2023 5:11 PM

Is that wad of tinfoil scotch-taped to your head supposed to be a hat, r75?

by Anonymousreply 79November 29, 2023 5:11 PM

One of the candidates called the entire continent of Africa “a complete shithole”

by Anonymousreply 80November 29, 2023 5:13 PM

The democratic party has taken black votes for granted and only paid lip service to their so-called leaders, promising much and delivering nothing. Obama completely neglected the black community unless you were a famous black person.

by Anonymousreply 81November 29, 2023 5:15 PM

r71 and r73 are the same poster. She likes to reply to herself...and doesn't know how to quote.

by Anonymousreply 82November 29, 2023 5:15 PM

See for people like R78, nothing will ever convince them that they are wrong. All the polling data being done points to dissatisfaction with the idea of a second Biden term from major Democratic Party constituents: the youth, blacks and hispanics. Look how they operate to silence anyone giving a contrary opinion.

People like R78 are basically responsible for Donald Trump's first election.

by Anonymousreply 83November 29, 2023 5:15 PM

Trump will be reelected in 2024; then he can pardon himself and put hundreds of democrats in prison where they belong.

by Anonymousreply 84November 29, 2023 5:17 PM

I'll tell you something else about people like R78: there is a certain demographic of liberal which worships patriarchal, paternalistic white male authority. These are the same people who thought Robert Mueller was actually going to do something, or that Merrick Garland was going to be a good attorney general.

by Anonymousreply 85November 29, 2023 5:18 PM

...or that John Roberts wouldn't vote to overturn Roe.

by Anonymousreply 86November 29, 2023 5:18 PM

I bet you anything R78 is an X'er. The psychological damage of growing up under Dear Leader Ronald Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 87November 29, 2023 5:19 PM

Trump is the only hope for the legions date-rapers, lascivous bosses, abusive husbands, etc. afraid that the women are going to #metoo them and ruin their lives. They'll have a racist rapist in the White Houte; they'll be safe.

by Anonymousreply 88November 29, 2023 5:27 PM

And I'll wager good money that R83, R85 and R87 are all political neophytes who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and walk around with huge chips on their shoulders because they feel their real "talents" and "genius" haven't been recognized and appreciated by the society at large.

by Anonymousreply 89November 29, 2023 5:30 PM

And I'll bet you R89 has never canvassed in the slums of Miami for Barack Obama.

Typical Xer who complains about everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 90November 29, 2023 5:34 PM

This is what they look like, this may even be the same neighborhood.

I canvassed for Barack Obama here. I wouldn't even make a phone call for Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91November 29, 2023 5:36 PM

The (one) word you're looking for, r89, is...troll.

by Anonymousreply 92November 29, 2023 5:37 PM

Polls change and I've never been polled so who are they polling? Elders with landlines who watch Fox?

by Anonymousreply 93November 29, 2023 5:39 PM

"Trump is going to win, so why even bother to vote to vote for Biden? I'll just stay home."- The MAGAT and Russian troll farm message with articles like this.

by Anonymousreply 94November 29, 2023 5:44 PM

"And I'll bet you [R89] has never canvassed in the slums of Miami for Barack Obama."

And you think this entitles you to what exactly? Chairmanship of the Sisters of Perpetual Self-Indulgence and Perpetual Victimhood?

BFD.

by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2023 5:45 PM

Black men love that Trump can break whatever laws he wants, gets charged with hundreds of felonies, and nothing happens to him at all. They want that for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 96November 29, 2023 5:53 PM

Ten to one r95 has never even made a phone call for anyone, lest even knock on a door.

I'll tell you what, I canvassed for Hillary Clinton in 16 in Florida. They sent me to registered Democrats. People who were of the demographics Democrats need - middle income women, women between 20 and 40, Hispanics - politely declined when I asked them if they planned on voting for Hillary Clinton. She lost Florida by 1.2 points whereas Obama had won it by 0.88 points.

I'll tell you something out, I rode with strangers on Election Day, November 4, 2008 from Chicago, three hours to Fort Wayne, Indiana to do get out the vote. Indiana was one of most solidly Republican states in the country in presidential elections. Obama won Indiana by 0.88 points. There were young people, people of color on the streets of Fort Wayne holding up Obama signs. Nothing like that will happen for Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 97November 29, 2023 5:57 PM

Let me phrase this another way...

...I am the type of Democratic loyalist who, if I say it's time to panic, should not go unheeded.

It's time to panic.

by Anonymousreply 98November 29, 2023 6:04 PM

[quote] [R1] As much as I don’t want to accept this. It’s Biden. He has been irreversible branded as too old. The Dems suck at countering propaganda. He needs to step down for the sake of the party.

Trump is just as old, and he's senile and deranged. This is why he doesn't participate in the Republican debates. He couldn't keep up and everything he says would be a factual misstatement. His poll numbers will drop when folks get a good look at him today.

by Anonymousreply 99November 29, 2023 6:25 PM

Calm down people. Dump has a very high profile trial next year right around crunch time. A lot can happen in a year.

by Anonymousreply 100November 29, 2023 6:33 PM

R4, clearly they are discovering facts that suggest that, despite how it appeared on the video, Derek Chauvin did not actually cause George Floyd’s death. They realize they’ve been duped and manipulated with that “knee on the neck” narrative.

But Trump’s administration was not the cause of that anymore than Mike Brown’s death was caused by the Obama administration.

by Anonymousreply 101November 29, 2023 6:43 PM

It's that guy in the "Blacks for Trump" t-shirt who follows him around from rally to rally and is always seated on camera. He's started a groundswell.

by Anonymousreply 102November 29, 2023 6:44 PM

[quote] It's that guy in the "Blacks for Trump" t-shirt who follows him around from rally to rally and is always seated on camera. He's started a groundswell.

He's just a paid actor.

by Anonymousreply 103November 29, 2023 6:47 PM

[quote]It's time to panic.

Such the nervous Nellie, r98.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2023 6:51 PM

DL is going to be infested with trolls for the next year.

by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2023 6:54 PM

It's the economy. Money. Money. Money. America is not a country, it's a business. Get food prices down and the fat American ppl will rejoice.

by Anonymousreply 106November 29, 2023 6:59 PM

Well, the economy is doing great overall, so that means Biden is ahead by 20 points with "the economy, stupid" crowd, right?

This is why I don't believe people when they say what is motivating them to vote this way or that way. They always say the economy, and they are generally lying. The economy goes up and down and people stay locked in to this or that candidate. Inflation has declined quite a bit and everybody who says they are concerned about inflation votes exactly the way they were going to vote when it was much higher. It is a lie that people tell themselves and tell to pollsters because for whatever reason they don't want to admit their real motivations.

I do think abortion is one of those sleeper issues. People keep babbling whatever nonsense to pollsters, but when it comes to it, they are voting for Democrats to preserve abortion rights, or to restore them. I suspect that will continue to be the biggest factor once we get to the general election. Democrats want to preserve abortion rights. Republicans want to eliminate them, completely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 29, 2023 7:13 PM

[quote]R47: I’m black (check my post history) and unfortunately, this is very true, people. I can’t fully explain it but Trump’s support amongst black men in particular is very, very high.

Your posting history cannot confirm that you're black, and it's the height of trolling for you to suggest that it can.

by Anonymousreply 108November 29, 2023 7:13 PM

A certain segment of black men like Trump because of his garishly wealthy personality, akin to many shitty rappers, and the fact that he is an outlaw in the eyes of the establishment especially now with all of the trials.

The latinos who are rushing over to Trump are fanatically religious, superstitious and in general uniquely susceptible to disinformation and propaganda.

It's kind of hysterical. These low information retards are going to be the first to scream and wet their diapers when it all blows up in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 109November 29, 2023 7:15 PM

This is another JOE BIDEN WILL LOSE.

The only supporters he has left are RACISTS.

by Anonymousreply 110November 29, 2023 7:30 PM

[quote] Something strange is happening in the US.

It's not strange. People vote with their pockets and the last 3 years have been difficult for a lot of people. There's also the issue of unbridled immigration which most don't take to, crime erupting in every major US city and the ever present homeless, plus the perception of Joe Biden as an dying old man who doesn't know left from right. True or not, you don't have to be a MAGA nut to feel disappointed and aim for change.

by Anonymousreply 111November 29, 2023 7:43 PM

[quote]DL is going to be infested with trolls for the next year.

Don't worry--I have a storage room full of Helenesque and that shit is flammable as Sterno. Come to think of it, it smells like Sterno.

by Anonymousreply 112November 29, 2023 7:50 PM

RWNJ trolls never give up, I’ll give them that. It’s a year until the election. Biden’s numbers are roughly the same as Obama’s at the same juncture (a year out from voting). No one is excited about Biden, but that doesn’t mean that the disaffected will vote for a psychopathic fascist with syphilitic dementia.

by Anonymousreply 113November 29, 2023 8:04 PM

I've seen a cut and paste that the trolls are using. It's a list of Biden's supposed "failures". It lists a dozen eggs for $8 as part of inflation. Funny, because I pay 2.85. It also lists other things that are easily debunked with a quick Google search. They need new material.

by Anonymousreply 114November 29, 2023 8:19 PM

[quote] Your posting history cannot confirm that you're black, and it's the height of trolling for you to suggest that it can.

You can’t see my entire posting history, only the threads where we have posted in common (yes that’s how it works), so how would you know, dipshit.

I’ve said that I’m black many, many times on this board, because I am. Black mother, black father, born in Lynn, Massachusetts, grew up in Newport News, Virginia, graduated from UVA, now live in Boston.

I’m as black as any black person you know, and for you to have the supreme gall to question that is EXACTLY why the Democrats are in this predicament.

So fuck you, you disordered idiot.

by Anonymousreply 115November 29, 2023 9:05 PM

[quote] Biden’s numbers are roughly the same as Obama’s at the same juncture

People liked Obama. Obama was a star.

Joe Biden is just a politician.

by Anonymousreply 116November 29, 2023 9:14 PM

[quote] People liked Obama. Obama was a star.

some did, some didn't. We have a way of looking back on previous presidents and deciding they were universally popular way back when. In general, it's complete bullshit. Biden has actually done a lot, and looked at rationally and sanely, the economy is doing great. But dingbat logic requires that it be suffering and that "everything was so much better way back when." It's like every dumb cunt shrieking and howling about "our choices" every four years, even before we have actual "choices." The reason Biden will undoubtedly win the Democratic nomination is because fantasies about this perfect candidate or that perfect candidate always explode the second that perfection actually presents itself, and suddenly the same dumb cunts pronounce themselves dissatisfied all over again.

by Anonymousreply 117November 29, 2023 9:22 PM

Post from another thread, but it illustrates perfectly the delusion of "everything's alright" people

"...wait till Biden actuall starts campaigning. Remember, Biden beat Trump last time by campaigning from his basement. Dark Brandon knows what he is doing."

These people do not live in the real world. They can never be reasoned with, accept an opposing point of view or distinguish nuance. They are, in short, the Democrats' Deploreables.

by Anonymousreply 118November 29, 2023 9:22 PM

Everything is NEVER alright. Is everybody 7 years old on this thread. Yes, people have shit they're unhappy about. Big fucking surprise.

by Anonymousreply 119November 29, 2023 9:25 PM

I live in a high rise in the suburbs of Philly. I'm sure a goodly number of residents here will describe themselves as "suffering" and "negatively affected" by Biden and his policies.

I was just downstairs getting mail and the lobby is flooded with packages from Amazon and UPS. It will be like this every damn day until Christmas.

Right after Christmas, the bills for all of this crap will start pouring in for all of these "necessities" and "urgent items" and it will be Biden and the Democrats fault they can't pay their credit card bills.

Am I right, Gen Zers?

by Anonymousreply 120November 29, 2023 9:34 PM

I live in Reno, have several friends and neighbors who work in the gaming/casino industry. There used to be several times a year when there were lulls and downtimes, but my friends say the casinos are busy all the time now. And every time I've been in a casino in the last year, it's always packed. If the economy is shit, where are all of these people getting their cash to shove in slot machines?????

I definitely think there's some disconnect between how the economy is actually performing and people's "feelings" about it. That, and people just like to nonstop complain about everything. They don't know how good things are--it could be much, much worse.

by Anonymousreply 121November 29, 2023 10:14 PM

That's your post from the other thread, r118. Do you want us to bring in a dead horse you can beat?

by Anonymousreply 122November 29, 2023 10:25 PM

a LOT of rappers (influential among black youth) have been endorsing Trump lately

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 29, 2023 10:32 PM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 29, 2023 10:33 PM

even more...didn't Cardi B say she isn't voting for Biden?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 29, 2023 10:34 PM

LOL, Free Beacon, r124???

by Anonymousreply 126November 29, 2023 10:41 PM

The Trumptard trolls just do not give up. They honestly believe that the most racist POS POTUS in history will break all records in gaining Black voters! Lolololol.

by Anonymousreply 127November 29, 2023 10:48 PM

Today's polls put Biden 4 points above Donald.

Funny how we never hear about those.

by Anonymousreply 128November 29, 2023 10:51 PM

As a non-American - and I have a stake because everything you affects everybody else, believe me I wish it wasn't so - but I look at this and I cannot figure out why you'd want to chance Biden and Harris when the outcome could be Trump.

by Anonymousreply 129November 29, 2023 10:52 PM

Most blacks are low-information.

by Anonymousreply 130November 29, 2023 10:55 PM

Do you really need attention that badly, r130...really?

by Anonymousreply 131November 29, 2023 11:00 PM

Most racists are low-information.

Case in point: R130.

by Anonymousreply 132November 29, 2023 11:03 PM

Blacks for Trump!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 29, 2023 11:03 PM

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth:

- 44-42 Economist/You Gov (Biden gained 3 pts)

- 43-42 Morning Consult (Biden gained 4 pts)

- 39-37 YouGov

- 37-35 Leger/The Canadian Press

Keep fucking that chicken, wingnut trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 29, 2023 11:08 PM

[quote]Most blacks are low-information.

Well, of all races, AAs have the lowest high-school graduation rate in the US.

by Anonymousreply 135November 29, 2023 11:10 PM

Bullshit - there was always around 15-20% of the Black community who don't vote Dem.

All of these polls are just media trying to juice up clicks and create a tight race. Every fucking election.

by Anonymousreply 136November 29, 2023 11:12 PM

[quote] but I look at this and I cannot figure out why you'd want to chance Biden and Harris when the outcome could be Trump.

Most Democrats are looking at the issue rationally which is why there is so much noise to get him to exit.

There are a handful of people who simply crave a benign-looking paternalistic father figure as leader, basically, Ronald Reagan meets Dumbledore. These people are probably in their fifties and sixties and he reminds them of their own fathers, and God knows gay men that age have father issues.

by Anonymousreply 137November 30, 2023 2:25 AM

^No facts to back your bullshit up. Blacks have been 90% for Dems since at least 1980. Your Faux News bullshit won’t work here on Earth 1. Drive your government funded hoveround back over to the GRU Indoctrination Channels. We will all be happier.

by Anonymousreply 138November 30, 2023 2:28 AM

Biden’s base in the Democratic Party comes down to older white racists who feel everybody only needs to be EDUCATED to see how great he is.

So good luck with that.

I thought the gays in 16 who turned Hillary into their Mommy Queen were bad, these are even more pathetic, willing to throw the country to Trump again because their fathers didn’t hug them enough.

by Anonymousreply 139November 30, 2023 2:35 AM

Your posts leave a rancid residue, r139.

by Anonymousreply 140November 30, 2023 2:50 AM

And you want to give us four more years of Trump, r140.

by Anonymousreply 141November 30, 2023 2:51 AM

buh-bye, r141.

by Anonymousreply 142November 30, 2023 2:53 AM

R141 are you sure you would be upset about that?

by Anonymousreply 143November 30, 2023 2:57 AM

R128

Then why in the hell did you not post that upbeat Biden poll for all to see? What is wrong with you? Good news and you hide it and then we are to take your word for it.

Post the fucking poll——please.

by Anonymousreply 144November 30, 2023 10:07 AM

R47 I'm also a Black and I can fully explain it. However, it's nothing I would post on DL.

by Anonymousreply 145November 30, 2023 10:07 AM

[quote]R115: You can’t see my entire posting history, only the threads where we have posted in common (yes that’s how it works), so how would you know, dipshit.

It wouldn't matter if I could see 𝑎𝑙𝑙 of them. They cannot establish that you're black.

[quote]I’m as black as any black person you know, and for you to have the supreme gall to question that is EXACTLY why the Democrats are in this predicament.

:D

That's funny. You're not even trying.

No, my pointing out that you cannot establish your bonafides on an anonymous message board is 𝑛𝑜𝑡 why the Democrats are in any "predicament."

[quote]So fuck you, you disordered idiot.

Pretending to be black while spreading far right talking points is pretty disordered.

by Anonymousreply 146November 30, 2023 4:02 PM

R145

Who to believe the black man or PosionedDragon ? Such a tough choice.

by Anonymousreply 147November 30, 2023 4:06 PM

Neither for me.

by Anonymousreply 148November 30, 2023 4:07 PM

[quote]R147: Who to believe the black man or PosionedDragon ? Such a tough choice.

[quote]R148: Neither for me.

At least you will never find me predicating my arguments based upon who/what I supposedly am.

by Anonymousreply 149November 30, 2023 4:29 PM

R149

Bless you. I don’t know how you put up with the low rent riff raff that post here.

by Anonymousreply 150November 30, 2023 4:33 PM

R149, you are nothing. So, no worries.

by Anonymousreply 151November 30, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote][R47] I'm also a Black and I can fully explain it. However, it's nothing I would post on DL.

r145 Yep. I, too, am Black. And female. I definitely know the reason. You're correct. No need to get into it on here. Just let the White folks stew in their perpetual confusion on the issues in our communities.

by Anonymousreply 152November 30, 2023 7:29 PM

Oooooooh, the Black guys have a secret!

by Anonymousreply 153November 30, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote]Just let the White folks stew in their perpetual confusion on the issues in our communities.

No one cares about the issues in your "community".

by Anonymousreply 154November 30, 2023 8:09 PM

Black support?

MoveOn is having to lay off staff because they are seeing major decreases with small donors giving to Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 155November 30, 2023 8:33 PM

[quote]No one cares about the issues in your "community".

We know this.

by Anonymousreply 156November 30, 2023 8:36 PM

R156 That's what happens when you're nothing but annoying.

by Anonymousreply 157November 30, 2023 9:49 PM

r157 I guarantee the average Asian is highly insulted being included in that list.

by Anonymousreply 158November 30, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote]No, my pointing out that you cannot establish your bonafides on an anonymous message board is 𝑛𝑜𝑡 why the Democrats are in any "predicament."

No.

But your kneejerk accusations that a black person is lying about being black (which you are making for the sole reason that his opinion does not comport with your expectations of how a black people should think, feel, and believe) *are* in fact the reason why Democrats are in this predicament.

You're a hypocrite, plain and simple. I won't assume that you are white, but you certainly fit the stereotype of a suburban white liberal, railing against racism in all of its forms, all the while oblivious to fact that you are the very same racist asshole you are complaining about.

How many years now have you and your ilk been whining about "triggers" and "microaggressions?" But it's okay for you to accuse a black people of lying about his identity when he says he is black on a gay social forum. That's not a "microaggression" at all!

At now words comes that most people -- starting with the majority of white people, and now an increasing number of black people too -- are sick of you and your bullshit. And it's probably gonna cost us the election, and with it, our democracy.

And for what? Your own personal vanity? You're no different from Donald Trump, Jr. you dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 159December 1, 2023 1:49 AM

r159 Pay no mind to PD. He makes it his unofficial DL job to determine who is and is not really Black on this site based upon their opinions, alone. He also happens to be from Europe. AKA, where "the problem" started.

by Anonymousreply 160December 1, 2023 5:44 AM

[quote]R160: He also happens to be from Europe. AKA, where "the problem" started.

That's funny. But you go on and think that. It keeps you away from who/where I am.

How many socks on this thread are claiming to be conservative, far right blacks now? Of course none of you are genuine.

Back in 2016, the troll brigade objective was to harm the Clinton campaign and support Donald Trump.

[quote]Posts with the titles "Our Votes Don't Matter," "Don't Vote for Hillary Clinton" and "A Vote for Jill Stein is Not a Wasted Vote" were specifically targeted at black voters, the report says.

Now, the online black imposter objective is to get people not to vote for Joe Biden, and on this thread, takes the form of 'concern trolling': "Democrats are clueless," "Biden is too old," "Minorities prefer Trump," "Get somebody besides Biden before it's too late!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161December 1, 2023 9:19 AM

R153 There's no "Secret." Sorry to disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 162December 1, 2023 10:22 AM

[quote]That's funny. But you go on and think that. It keeps you away from who/where I am.

r161 You're a clueless White dude from Europe because I said you are. Two can play this silly-ass game.

No one on here claimed to be "far right consersatives." We all said we were Black and understand where dems are losing ground with our communities and why. You're just too stupid to comprehend this because you're an obsessed one-trick pony doing the same "I disagree so you're a sock" song and dance that you always do on here because that's the peak of your Neanderthal logic when challenged.

by Anonymousreply 163December 1, 2023 1:24 PM

Republicans are not gaining ground with African Americans in any category, so your screed is without integrity. Whether Democrats are "trusted" or not has no meaning when the alternative is so obviously evil and bad for blacks.

by Anonymousreply 164December 1, 2023 1:26 PM

[quote]Republicans are not gaining ground with African Americans in any category

We're the Dems biggest voting bloc, dummy. If they lose ballots it won't matter whether or not Republicans gained our votes or not. See 2016 for examples.

by Anonymousreply 165December 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Just let Trump keep on babbling about the Big Lie and how the universe has screwed him over and his polling will come crashing down. Both are anathema to swing voters.

by Anonymousreply 166December 1, 2023 1:32 PM

It barely fell after a white candidate replaced a black one. It was still historically high, she won an overwhelming share of it, she won the popular vote handily and this was despite intense voter suppression by the republicans. Black turnout was not why she lost, and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 167December 1, 2023 1:36 PM

The trolls, both foreign and domestic, are kicked into high gear and ot even trying to hide the fact they are trolls. Over on Yahoo chats, the Russian trolls are blatantly praising Putin and Mother Russia and claiming that America and Russia will join forces to defeat the "dark ones". A lot of talk about Aryans and that Russia has already beat Ukaraine but the media is hiding it. Oh, and an Ameican MMA fighter got his Russian citizenship and loves Russia.

by Anonymousreply 168December 1, 2023 2:26 PM

[quote]R163: You're a clueless White dude from Europe because I said you are. Two can play this silly-ass game.

Except that you're promoting a far right troll narrative in sync with your socks on this thread, and I'm not. Everyone here can see what you're doing. You're not fooling anyone.

[quote]No one on here claimed to be "far right consersatives."

No, that you're a far right conservative is evident by your desperate 'ditch Joe Biden' narrative.

[quote]We all said we were Black...

😝

And there's that "we" shit again.

[quote]...and understand where dems are losing ground with our communities and why.

That's the heart of your right wing propaganda, right there.

[quote]You're just too stupid to comprehend this because you're an obsessed one-trick pony doing the same "I disagree so you're a sock" song and dance that you always do on here because that's the peak of your Neanderthal logic when challenged.

Mmm-hmm.

You know, every time you namecall or use ad hominem, you've lost the argument.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 1, 2023 2:53 PM

Oh, here we go... the paranoia's kicking in.

by Anonymousreply 170December 1, 2023 3:07 PM

▲ Flailing.

by Anonymousreply 171December 1, 2023 3:14 PM

Watch this annihilation and you will see the kind of voters Dems are losing. It's amazing the takedown without mercy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172January 5, 2024 8:48 PM

[quote] Watch this annihilation and you will see the kind of voters Dems are losing

So this is the type of voter who heretofore elected Biden, Obama, and Clinton?

by Anonymousreply 173January 5, 2024 9:03 PM

Whoa! Roland at R172 is the one who fed Donna Brazile the debate questions for Hillary according to Wikipedia.

by Anonymousreply 174January 5, 2024 10:34 PM

[quote] Roland at [R172] is the one who fed Donna Brazile the debate questions for Hillary

Cheating is fine when WE do it

by Anonymousreply 175January 5, 2024 11:01 PM

Or child rape

by Anonymousreply 176January 6, 2024 5:31 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!