Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New FX Series "Alien" from "Fargo" showrunner Noah Hawley

I'm so psyched for this prequel series. Hawley is one of the best writer/showrunners around, and the Alien franchise is one of my all-time favorites.

Deadline reports the awesome Timothy Olyphant has been cast. Just keeps getting better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2024 11:47 AM

This sounds great! Love Timothy Olyphant and this will be executive produced by Ridley Scott so it will be authentic.

"Executive produced by Ridley Scott, the new Alien series is set in a time period before Sigourney Weaver’s Ripley and is the first story in the franchise that takes place on Earth, roughly 70 years in the future".

Filming will resume in January 2024.

by Anonymousreply 1November 29, 2023 2:40 AM

I recall hearing about this back in 2020, glad there's finally some movement. At first glance, Olyphant being the most well-known of the cast – with the rest being relative newbies – isn't a promising sign. But then I have to remind myself the same was true with the Legion series and that one turned out well.

Sucks that we have to wait until 2025 to watch this.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2023 2:43 PM

Walton Goggins needs to be added to the cast so they can say ”We dug coal together . . . in space”.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2023 5:53 PM

…and then they bang.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2023 5:58 PM

Look how pretty he is. He better be playing a homo of sorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2024 11:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!