Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

According to Omid Scobie, King Charles is the royal racist

Charles was apparently the racist referred to in the Oprah interview, That little cunt Markle has somehow communicated this to Scobie,who wrote it in the Dutch edition of his book Endgame. Due to concerns with libel laws, the Dutch are already pulling the book from bookstores.

It doesn’t seem like people buying Charles as a racist considering things like he walked that cunt down the aisle, got her a 35 million dollar wedding, etc etc.

I hope people don’t believe this about Charles and get furious instead at Meghan and Harry,

Oh, and they throw Princess Michael of Kent under the bus for good measure…..

by Anonymousreply 350December 11, 2023 10:41 AM

You can be racist and still go out of your way for a select few minorities … especially when the world’s watching.

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2023 7:25 PM

Yeah. None of them are racist. Who would ever have thought that …

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2023 7:27 PM

Until the actual comments are made public no one cares.

Did Charles say "ugh, I hope the baby isn't as dark as Meghan, how awful would that be" or did he say " I wonder if the baby will be pale and ginger like Harry or dark like you Meghan!"

If it's the latter then that's a perfectly ordinary conversation to have, according to people in mixed race families I know.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2023 7:43 PM

Does wondering what a baby will look like make you a racist? Like will the kid be a redhead like Dad or be a cocoa color like Mom?.or be crosseyed like Great aunt Bessie? He didn’t say they’d drown it at birth if it came out black did he?

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2023 7:46 PM

As head of the Commonwealth, it matters if Charles has such backward views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2023 8:13 PM

Wondering what the baby will look like before it arrives may just be innocent curiosity. Did he say "Lord, please don't let the baby be a darkie!" or similar? If not, this seems to be much ado about nothing. The family is new to mixed race marriages, and Charles is from an older generation. There is context here and he should be cut some slack, not judged by Gen Z woke imperialist standards.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2023 8:24 PM

This whole thing is a Meghan Markle and Oprah red herring. People always speculate whether a baby will favor its mother or father. So what.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2023 8:34 PM

Someone needs to tell Harry and the Grifter that “just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.”

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2023 8:43 PM

Not that this is going to sink in for the royalists/Meghan haters in this thread, but of course it was Charles. Who else would dare speak to the prince that way other than someone who outranked him? It had to be Charles or William, and Charles was more likely.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2023 8:47 PM

I’ve always thought it was Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2023 8:49 PM

With all the other heinous things they've (The Royal Family) done... really? This is a nothing.

However, I think Harry and Meghan dost protest too much and love crying about how hard they have it. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2023 8:54 PM

r9, again, so what? What was the exact quote because it does matter.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2023 8:55 PM

Well don't look at me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2023 8:56 PM

R10 it was for sure not Camilla. She might leak unsavory comments to the press but she would not insult people who outrank her to their faces.

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2023 8:57 PM

R14 neither Harry nor Meghan outranked Camilla since she married Charles, Prince of Wales

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2023 9:29 PM

OP calls black women cunts but sides with ogres in the royal family who were buddies with Jimmy Savile

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2023 9:31 PM

R15 that doesn’t give her rank over them. She is not in the line of succession. Only someone above Harry in that line would have the status to insult him like that.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2023 10:17 PM

R17, what is the exact insult here?

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2023 10:20 PM

Meghan said "concerns about the baby's skin color" not "curiosity" and it being in tandem with the titles and security being taken away, she didn't know what else it could be except racism.

Honestly I don't think they really ever did anything scandalous except be a bit spoiled. Oh and the interview where they accused their family of being racist. But maybe the family was.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2023 10:58 PM

We were all concerned about a red headed baby of color.

Seriously though, is that why she named him Archie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2023 11:03 PM

Joy! Rapture! Yet one more thread to comment upon the latest goings-on of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor of Montecito, CA, USA

This book has nothing new to add to this soap opera. It rakes over old coals.

It's little surprise that Mrs. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor has a fragile ego and is ready to take offense at the slightest slight. She's an actress!

And as for how the child may look, I pray to God their children inherit her looks. Harry Mountbatten-Windsor and his relations are an inbred lot with long noses, Elvin ears, and horsey mouths.

Say what you will about her character, Meghan Markle is attractive (and her mother, too). Harry has that Saxe-Coburg Gotha nose, his father's tiny face, and Elvin ears.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2023 11:25 PM

Oh, the same old shit.

My family is white and black (with a few East Asians) and everyone wonders and comments on what the children will look like. It's not racist.

IT'S WHAT NORMAL PEOPLE WHO DON'T CONFUSE COMPLEXION OR FACIAL FEATURES WITH BETTER, WORSE OR WHATEVER.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2023 11:26 PM

The truth is most of The Firm were intrigued and positive and about having a Mulatto princess. To freshen up and keep the family contemporary and palatable. I'm sure some of them wanted it all to work out for the best and even better if the kids were obviously quadroons. The darker the better for diversity P.R.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2023 11:30 PM

Remember when Lady Colin Campbell said it was Princess Anne?

Anyway, the Sussex Squad must be seething that it wasn't William or Kate.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2023 11:30 PM

That fucking wedding cost $35 million? JFC.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2023 11:31 PM

People are always speculating about what a baby will look like, it doesn't have to be about skin color. "I wonder if he'll have his father's hair?" "I hope she gets your pretty eyes." Etc. It's human nature.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2023 11:32 PM

[quote]That fucking wedding cost $35 million?

I think a lot of the cost was security for their ride up the street in a carriage, waving at the peons.

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2023 11:35 PM

[quote]There’s never been no version that I’ve produced that has names in it.”

The man is making millions writing in ENGLISH.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2023 11:40 PM

[quote] The truth is most of The Firm were intrigued and positive and about having a Mulatto princess. To freshen up and keep the family contemporary and palatable.

Absolutely! I lived in London at the time. There was immense goodwill among the public and the press (even the tabloids) towards MM. She was seen as a breath of fresh air. American? Divorcee? Actress? Mixed race? How modern! How very Harry! She was welcomed with open arms by the British public, and obviously the Firm sensed the PR coup and would have made everything possible to make her insertion in the family as easy as possible. But she fucked it all up with her behaviour and antics, and that’s when the public and the press started to turn against her. Nothing to do with her race.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2023 12:04 AM

She AND Harry totally fucked it up. They only needed to play a "long game" and that would have only been 5 to 10 years. Not lifetime sentence.

by Anonymousreply 30November 29, 2023 12:08 AM

r19 I class elder abuse as pretty bad and Harry and Meghan are definitely morally guilty of that. Meghan and Harry have little credibility given their numerous proven lies and inconsistencies.I dont think the royal family should be condemned on a vague detail light maybe whilst the Sussexes/Dumbartons known bad behaviour and lies is ignored for expediency.

by Anonymousreply 31November 29, 2023 12:08 AM

Meghan tying the baby’s skin color comment to title and/or police protection was truly bizarre. Harry has no shame, he knows exactly how titles work and his silence while she lobbed this bomb at his family must have made William and Charles furious.

I’m sure an awkward comment or question was made about the baby’s skin color, but If Harry had any sense, he would have kept that comment to himself. Why even tell Meghan? It would only hurt and upset her. Sometimes it’s kinder to keep quiet about something said about your partner.

by Anonymousreply 32November 29, 2023 12:09 AM

There is nothing factual about a name being "somehow" included in the Dutch version.

This shit has happened before. Remember?

Scooby deserves his clown face.

by Anonymousreply 33November 29, 2023 12:09 AM

Harry has all the worst features of Prince Philip and Charles. He looks nothing like Diana.

by Anonymousreply 34November 29, 2023 12:10 AM

Okay, okay How did he say it

Was it..

Ewww Little Archie will be so dark OR I wonder who he will take after / what colour his skin would be?

by Anonymousreply 35November 29, 2023 12:11 AM

I think the comment was something like oh, imagine the baby has your ginger hair and Meghan’s original nose!

by Anonymousreply 36November 29, 2023 12:12 AM

I'm surprised Camilla appears the least racist, saying Meghan and Harry will make beautiful babies...? Or did I read that wrong

by Anonymousreply 37November 29, 2023 12:12 AM

In the 21st century the ridiculous "royal family " still exists because like Confederate statues old white racists would shit their pants if they were tossed into the rubbish heap of history where they clearly belong.

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2023 12:19 AM

r38 I dont think an american style plutocracy with heavy elements of oligarchy IE an old fashioned monarchy in all but name and ceremony is really any better.Arguably worse.some of the most progressive and liberal countries in the world like Sweden,Denmark ,Norway are monarchies.

by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2023 12:23 AM

R21 I hope that they don’t inherit Meghan’s legs. They truly are awful. Harry’s got skinny legs too; doesn’t bode well for their progeny.

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2023 12:25 AM

R39 Rubbish. Your Monarchy is by definition an hereditary oligarchy. With the money the Windsor's loot from the taxpayer's treasury they are certainly a Kleptocracy.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2023 12:30 AM

Chris Rock made the definitive comment on this nonsense quite a while ago.

Ms. Harkle can fuck right off and shut her damn mouth. She's a narcissistic, over the hill, social climber of epic proportions. She was being let go from "Suits" because Patrick Whatsit (her "love" interest in the show) was leaving. She went to England hoping to land in a reality show there, "Wives and Girlfriends" of athletes or some foolishness.

She lucked into meeting and hooking the dumbest, most emotionally damaged prince in Christendom and she's played him like a fiddle ever since.

I wonder how long it will take him to get as fed up with not being respected and not getting his own way with Megan? He did eventually throw a huge tantrum and projectile vomit his grievances against his original family. He'll do the same with this California family before too long. I'd still vote for him having as much custody as possible. He's a whiny little bitch but she's a manipulative, lying, greedy fucking monster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 29, 2023 12:35 AM

Charlie Windsor's latest grift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2023 12:38 AM

They are just awful people, the lot of them. I’m finding it harder and harder to believe that Meghan didn’t know what she was getting herself into. Yes, they’ve been awful towards her. She should have read up on her in-laws before she married Harry. Or maybe she did know and she didn’t care…

by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2023 12:47 AM

Camilla gave MM a Gollywog for a shower present.

by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2023 12:53 AM

Here's a factual article about the actual circumstances and distribution of the unclaimed funds in the Duchy of Lancaster. It's not as sensationalist nor as bad as this bizarre Megstan claims.

One begins to wonder if it's the plastic-pliable-faced Omid himself, he's so intent on bashing the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 46November 29, 2023 12:54 AM

Duh. I forgot to post the article. It's from the BBC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 29, 2023 12:59 AM

For most of the 20th century the monarchy's existence was justified as a respected unifying institution for the British people. Today's monarchy has become a disrespected divisive institution. It can no longer justify its existence. It was inevitable ,much the same happened to the Italian House of Savoy after WW II. The assumption that it "can't happen in our Britain" is the height of Royalist arrogant delusion. History is full "how quickly things change" examples. Elizabeth has only been dead for 14 months. Look how her heirs are judged by large swaths of their "subjects" .Rota puff polls not withstanding. If every time a gossipy book is published a 1000 year old institution is shaken to it's core well then whole edifice is rotten and ready to collapse. BRF is becoming more and more unpopular and irrelevant to modern Britain. The Windsors will go not with a bang but a whimper.

by Anonymousreply 48November 29, 2023 1:11 AM

r41 America is a plutocracy.Lets not be naive.

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2023 1:13 AM

Don't care. Don't believe a word either of those grifting losers say.

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2023 1:19 AM

r48 An interesting rant but with lots of baseless claims and assumptions in it.No credible person who isnt invested in the clickbait economy has claimed this book has shaken the monarchy to the core. I dont even think the royal racism reveal will have as much impact as the Sussexes hoped, frankly because people who claim to have taken part in fictional car chases across New York are rather discredited.

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2023 1:20 AM

The really dumb duo are scraping the very bottom with this ridiculous claim. Everybody wonders what kids will look like. This is just a ploy for the bully to say look over there, not at my disgusting, no loyalty to Anyone, if you dont give me Exactly what i want, i am going to try to ruin you. She'sa true CLASSLESS act. Period.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2023 1:26 AM

Tom Bower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2023 1:30 AM

Who gives a shit what this queen Scobie is, and these two Grifters say?? Has ANY of their information/stories/or their past behavior proved any of these fools, Honest, Reputable, or showed that any of them have a shred of Integrity?

Charles, and the rest of the R.F. may well be ready to be put away in mothballs with their Victorian, Out-dated and embarrassing opinions and attitudes but at least they're not pretending to be something they're not.

by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2023 1:32 AM

Jeez, the Harkles are really like two turds that won't flush.

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2023 1:33 AM

I have had a personal revelation that is probably only new to me. I was thinking about Harry’s choice of title for his memoir, “Spare”. Much of this continuing hubbub which has spilled over to and adopted by Meghan is just Harry’s long standing and apparently deeply rooted resentment over his birth order. He feels he has never been treated as well as William and everything becomes some major personal slight. Actually, such feelings are very common in families but here, it gets the world stage and attention.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2023 1:38 AM

To me it's more akin to her researching Harry, manipulating his dumbness, weaknesses and jealousy of his brother. She's exploited and fed his resentments and isolated him. He's nearly 40, it's his own fucking fault he should have known better than to take up with a gold-digging C-list actress who had aged out of the untalented, "sexy" actress role. She had no other roles for which she was suited. She's a terrible actress and never bothered to work at it to try to get any better.

Everyone from his best friends to his grandfather the old Duke tried to tell him. Harry's just that fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2023 1:45 AM

What do Meghan & Harry haters want, anyway? They left. They aren’t spending your tax money. So why are you still mad at them?

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2023 1:47 AM

We want them to shut the fuck up and go live in their privacy. We want them to stop attacking the British royal family at every turn. We want them to stop constantly lying and attention seeking. If they've left the royals then fucking leave for real, don't set up fake car chases in NYC and lie about helping Scobie write hateful books to the court. Stop pretending that Queen Elizabeth meant anything to either of them when they deliberately kept her grandchildren away to punish her (the same thing they do to Charles) and refused to see her when she asked them to during that last Summer at Balmoral. We want them to stop pretending to be "Hollywood producers" when with all that money, all the support staff and Spotify literally building them a podcast studio in their home, they came up with 12 of the dullest, lamest ME ME ME Ms. Harkle podcast and took two years to do it.

I'm considered reasonably "woke" and a life-long liberal. I wouldn't piss on Donald to put him out if he were on fire. I can't fucking stand the Harkles. They're nothing but two spoiled, grifting, punk ass bitch poseurs.

Any other questions, R58?

by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2023 2:07 AM

[quote] I hope people don’t believe this about Charles and get furious instead at Meghan and Harry,

I hope those very same people get so furious at Meghan and Harry that they stroke out and die.

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2023 2:13 AM

R51 Isn't it time for Coronation Street dearie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 29, 2023 2:25 AM

We know who is speaking thru rota git Tommy Bower's ventriloquist act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2023 2:28 AM

r61 Dearie are you revealing yourself to be so dumb that you believed the story of their New York car chase??!!

by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2023 2:32 AM

R58 "They left" They are happy and successful in 21st century America .The Sussexes are never going back to Shutter Island. Nothing is more dangerous than a failing country scorned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2023 2:38 AM

Let's get real here, the only reason the royal family allowed Meghan to marry in to the family (despite all the red flags) was because of the fact she's mixed race. It was a great PR move. As for King Charles being the alleged "racist" without context there's no grounds to assume he was being racist. Given that Meghan was the first person of color to marry into the most famous family on Earth, perhaps we was just only pondering what his grandchild might look like...as everyone does before a baby is born.

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2023 2:43 AM

Italian House of Savoy didn't have a deep history of a unified Italy. The Risorgimento and the creation of the Kingdom of Italy was mid 19th century.

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2023 2:43 AM

R63 Time for Pimms-Cup and bed. Don't forget your hot water bottle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2023 2:44 AM

R51 Thick as ever.The only thing that keeps the toxic UK tabs profitable is the "click bait economy" they saturate the internet with spoon fed propaganda from the puppet Rota about the Royals. You're truly clueless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2023 2:53 AM

Oh honey, Harry looks like he's on the brink of suicide every time we see him while Megan's looking around for someone richer who can buy her a late in life career. Either one or both Harkles could stroke out and no one would miss them one bit. They've alienated all of both of their families, ghosted all their former friends and are circling the drain more and more with each poll.

Their purported children can be returned to the Props Department or given to parents who want to spend time with them and raise them. Who knows? Their new parents may even take them to Invictus Games, or to the polo fields or to spend time with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. That would be so much more suitable than locking them away on East Valley Rd. with only nannies to care for them.

Megan's in LA pretty much full-time now. Harry's at the San Ysidro Ranch when she's around Montecito or at the San Vicente in LA himself although he never shares space with his wife. They live quite separately now. He's caught up in his rabid paranoia and she's caught up in her rabid ambition. They've been crashing and burning ever since they left "for Canada" in that stupid scheme they had to blackmail the late Queen and the rest of the royal family to get their own way. It didn't work and it will never work, serves them right.

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2023 3:00 AM

R65 The royal family didn't "allow" Meghan to marry Harry. Harry fell in love with Meghan and he told the Queen he was going to marry her. This is what every "normal" man would do in modern times. Not be a gutless twit like Charlie and let the real love of his life slip away. Not hang around for a decade like waity Katy hoping Willy would shite or get off the pot. Harry got married to who he wanted when he wanted. Charlie had zero veto power. They had no other choice but to accept Harry's fait accompli. It was in spite of Meghan's race not because of it. When the Sussexes proved to be stars on their African and Australian tours that is when the Windsors freaked. That is when the Sussexes had to go. They were not permitted to outshine Mr Potato Head and Mumbles Middleton much less Charlie and his Side-Piece. The BRF had a real opportunity to bring their obsolete uninspiring monarchy into the 21st century with the Sussexes. Predictably due to petty jealousy they cocked it up and here they are. As real as it gets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2023 3:14 AM

r68 What makes you think I am a fan of the tabloids? I have never said that so your point makes no sense.Disliking the tabloids and disliking Harry and Meghan are not mutually exclusive.It wasnt the tabloids that shaped my opinion it was their own behaviour, interviews, contradictions and the big red flag the fictional story of a car chase through New York.Your argument is inherently lazy because you in essence argue anybody who disagrees with or dislikes Harry and Meghan must be brainwashed.Makes you no different to hardcore Trump supporters who have drunk the kool aid.

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2023 3:17 AM

r70 There is nothing modern about Harry and Meghans attitude to monarchy and royal priviledge.The whole euphemism of modernise the monarchy is word salad with no substance.

Only doing the glamorous royal duties and leaving everyone else to do the stuff you cant be arsed with is not modernising the monarchy.Monetising your royal links is not modernising the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2023 3:21 AM

r64 21st century America that nearly had a medieval coup on the 6th of January 2021.21st century america were there are regularly mass shootings.21st century america were child mortality is rising and there are serious attempts to ban abortion.

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2023 3:23 AM

R71 Fail yet again. We said only one Pimm's Cup dearie. Here are you King Tampon's monarchy greatest supports. They are no different than Trumptards with scouser accents but you already knew that. Lights out gran

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 29, 2023 3:25 AM

R72 "stuff you cant be arsed with" Actually your Royals are particularly adept at looking like arses.😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 29, 2023 3:30 AM

Harry needed Her Majesty the Queen's permission to marry, you dimwit. Within a certain proximity to the Crown, they all needed the Queen's permission to marry.

The story goes that Harry threatened to publicly call them a bunch of racists if the Queen didn't give her permission for the wedding. Of course he and Ms. Harkle did that anyway so the Queen really should have refused. Just look at her face as she watches that gold-digging, manipulative, greedy adventuress marry the her grandson. She was appalled as well she should have been.

by Anonymousreply 76November 29, 2023 3:40 AM

Piers Morgan ( the UK's Tucker Carlson) is now calling for Prince Harry to be killed. All because someone wrote a book. Really. Snowflake? Sure the Royalass apoligists will claim it's all a "joke" .Like when he hoped for Meghan to get into a "car accident" and posted a picture of chimp when their child was born. Royalass are the UK version of Trumptards. Not just ignorant racists bigots but are now openly homicidal psychos. Different lipstick on the same fascist pigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 29, 2023 3:54 AM

R77, dear, don't spam all the royal family threads with what you think of as compelling. It's from Celebitchy for fuck's sake. They're all morons over there. Be that as it may, choose one thread and post it there just the one time.

No one needs your repetitive silliness over and over again, dear.

by Anonymousreply 78November 29, 2023 4:09 AM

Meghan is black????

by Anonymousreply 79November 29, 2023 4:59 AM

TLDR … bunch of racists up in here … IYNKY

by Anonymousreply 80November 29, 2023 5:00 AM

Ooops IYKYK 🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 81November 29, 2023 5:02 AM

R80 that word has lost so much weight due to people like you

by Anonymousreply 82November 29, 2023 5:15 AM

Scabie is such a FAG! That mincey gait, the sniffing cookies expression, the empty purse falling from his mouth.

Get a real job you ass licking FAG!

by Anonymousreply 83November 29, 2023 5:52 AM

[quote]Like when he ... posted a picture of chimp when their child was born.

That wasn't Piers Morgan, it was Danny Baker.

by Anonymousreply 84November 29, 2023 7:55 AM

R77, Piers Morgan hasn't called for anyone to be killed and he's not the UK's Tucker Carlson. Why don't you quote, with direct link, to where Morgan allegedly said that, if it's true?

by Anonymousreply 85November 29, 2023 8:41 AM

R77, please link where Piers Morgan allegedly posted a chimp when Archie was born. I think you'll find you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 86November 29, 2023 8:42 AM

Black people smell and they can’t swim.

by Anonymousreply 87November 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Pretty sure the demented royal hater in here is Omid Scobie himself. No one else would put up such a defence of that moron.

by Anonymousreply 88November 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Charles is what now, 73? I wonder if Britain will plan on phasing out the monarchy after him. But more than that, I would imagine Britain will have to weigh the loss of tourism vs. the maintenance of a Monarchy. I mean in reality, why else do people actually visit Britain if not for the pomp and circumstance that surrounds everything there concerning the Monarchy? They are suffering as it is after their exit from the EU. I don't know if they can withstand another loss to how they define themselves as a people. Without the monarchy it just becomes another dirty major city with cultural aspects you can find anywhere else without having to travel all the way to England for them. It's the draw of the Monarchy and the dukedoms that make it different.

by Anonymousreply 89November 29, 2023 9:05 AM

Omid sure is ugly!

by Anonymousreply 90November 29, 2023 9:14 AM

"I wonder if Britain will plan on phasing out the monarchy after him." - Not a chance, r89. You must be very dim even to contemplate such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 91November 29, 2023 9:26 AM

[quote] Meghan said "concerns about the baby's skin color" not "curiosity" and it being in tandem with the titles and security being taken away, she didn't know what else it could be except racism.

And Harry made clear in the Oprah interview that Meghan wasn’t even present when the comment was made. She says they were “concerns”. Are we just expected to take her word for it?

She strongly implied that the comments/concerns were racist, then Harry went out of his way (in his book promo interviews) to say that Meghan had never claimed that anyone in the Royal Family was racist. He was aghast at the very thought, and (as per usual) blamed the press.

The Harkles are a mess, and Harry has sufficient brains to be a narcissist but nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 92November 29, 2023 9:30 AM

Was that necessary r91? Really? Did you ready my entire post or you just wanted to post something pithy and insulting to get your dose of daily rancour in?

by Anonymousreply 93November 29, 2023 9:31 AM

Was your pathetic post that displays a complete and woeful ignorance of the UK and why it has a royal family necessary, r93? Did you make any effort to learn about the UK or did you just want to post something that you think makes you sound superior and insulting to get your daily dose of superciliousness in?

If you really wonder and you are really interested in knowing about whether the royal family will continue after Charles, I can categorically confirm to you that it absolutely will and anyone who thinks otherwise literally knows fuck all about the country.

by Anonymousreply 94November 29, 2023 9:36 AM

The interracial couple both sets of in-laws and random friends will all wonder what color or shade the baby will be no matter royal blood or not.

It’s a normal thing to wonder about.

by Anonymousreply 95November 29, 2023 9:42 AM

Especially when the white parent is a ginger, r95.

by Anonymousreply 96November 29, 2023 9:45 AM

R94 you really come off as quite constipated. No I really don't care that much, to answer your question.. So you can save the aggression for someone else as soon as you pluck the gray hairs of Charles's saggy nuts from your teeth.

by Anonymousreply 97November 29, 2023 9:47 AM

R97, if you talk shit then expect people to respond to you as though you talk shit.

by Anonymousreply 98November 29, 2023 10:06 AM

Love, R98, no one was talking shit. I made a valid point. You're the one hung up on hyperbole, caught up from the ringing in your bell tower of self-importance.

My point being is that there are other great European countries with historically prominent monarchies that have fallen, or monarchies that still exist but have shrunk in size as to not be a massive drain on the tax payers. The Royal Family of Spain's average budget is close to $9 million a year as opposed to Britain's Royal family whose years grant is close to a whopping $109 million. Other countries like Spain, France and Italy (all of which have/had) monarchies, have been able to thrive without relying on outdated ideas of historical interest because they invested in what makes them interesting - food, culture, architecture, geography. Maybe if England hadn't relied so heavily on their Royal family being their main cultural attraction, had they been more successful separating their identity from the monarchy, they would be further down the road to ridding themselves of this cancer that has become a sideshow. But now to remove it would mean bleeding out because most people travel there because of the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 99November 29, 2023 10:09 AM

Who wasn’t curious to know if the Queen was going to have a black grandchild?

by Anonymousreply 100November 29, 2023 10:13 AM

The royal family of Britain is worth 28 BILLION dollars - all of which came from hoarding the nation's treasures and siphoning off the top of the county's GDB for centuries. Are they really worth 28 Billion to the people of England? That is increasingly becoming the question. I am sure they are starting to look around and wonder who they could have been or what they could be if they didn't have to feed into this legacy that is becoming more of an embarrassment than anything else - a relic which serves no other purpose than a signifier and tourist attraction.

by Anonymousreply 101November 29, 2023 10:23 AM

R101, where do you source the figure of 28 Billion?

If you are including things like the Crown jewels, royal peculiars (e.g. Westminster Abbey), the Palace of Westminster, Windsor Castle, the Royal Collection, Crown land, etc., then you should know that those things are held in trust for the nation and can never be sold.

Do you own something if you can never sell it?

by Anonymousreply 102November 29, 2023 10:30 AM

R93. I think you got that response because there is a pattern of Americans posting stupid things about the UK without bothering to research or even think before they post. Anyone who knows anything about the UK knows there is no indication whatever that the monarchy will end in the next 20 years or that its primary function is as a tourist attraction.

If British people posted repeatedly about the imminent replacement of the electoral college (a much less defensible institution than the British monarchy),for example, on the basis of no evidence, you might get a bit annoyed too.

by Anonymousreply 103November 29, 2023 10:52 AM

I wouldn't find that annoying at all, R103. I definitely wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over it for sure. That fact that people do, would demonstrate that it is indeed a sore spot, an insecurity. Guilt knows no accuser.

And I am just curious, what other role does the British Royal Family serve other than tourism and as a unifying SYMBOL of the British People around the world? Their work, their duties, are only representing Britain to the world, performing royal duties such as showing face, no? They are like a drug the Brits just can't ween themselves off of. Like any addict, that can't imagine who they would be without a substance in their life, a desperate fear they would be nothing, because they have let it go on too long.

by Anonymousreply 104November 29, 2023 11:09 AM

They have no legislative power. They are more of an idea of the fabric of a nation, much like a George Washington or an Abe Lincoln to the American people except they are living, breathing fallible people we see fuck up and suck resources from a nation. An idea that's been off track for some time now and that was really only held together by a queen who recently passed. Now you have pedophiles and fame whores and temper tantrum-its trying to hold it all together. It'll take some years to shake off a legacy as great as the one Queen like Elizabeth left. And only time will tell if the current family has the potential to pull the family up out of gossip rags before the citizenry lose complete faith in it.

by Anonymousreply 105November 29, 2023 11:19 AM

[quote] An idea that's been off track for some time now and that was really only held together by a queen who recently passed.

Similar views were expressed when Queen Victoria died and was replaced by Edward VII (with his mistresses, naughty trips to Paris, gluttony, and love for booze and gambling). He became a massively popular and respected monarch.

Victoria herself went through extraordinary periods of unpopularity during her decades in seclusion, mourning her beloved Albert, but she only had to show her face from the window of a carriage and attend the occasional public church service and people rallied to her.

People feared that poor, stammering, shy George VI would be the death of the institution. He led it through an existential crisis, a World War, and died almost universally beloved even by Britain’s post-war socialists.

Commentators criticised Her Late Majesty Elizabeth II as dull, overly posh, unfeeling and unimaginative at various points in her reign, yet when she died people queued up in their hundreds of thousands to bow to her coffin,

Even before Victoria, William IV was viewed as a virtual madman, entirely unsuited to the throne. He’s probably the only man in history to have been accused of stealing a Royal Navy warship for a joyride. And yet he handed a secure throne on to his niece.

No serious politician in the UK would put republicanism to a test in an election, because they know it would lose. European monarchies collapse when a country loses a war or when its people are on the brink of starvation. They are not brought to their knees by minor members who decide to pitch a fit.

by Anonymousreply 106November 29, 2023 11:57 AM

Meghan and Harry look like

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 29, 2023 12:18 PM

The sewer squad is All over this thread. Harry and meghan are Done ,toast, Burnt toast. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 108November 29, 2023 12:37 PM

Charles is a real piece of shit. Why do people act shocked that his kids are too? As a matter of fact, his mom was worthless as a parent too.

by Anonymousreply 109November 29, 2023 12:39 PM

R104. It is annoying when Americans pretend to know about everything without any research.

The king does exactly the same things heads of state in any other country do and what any elected replacement for the king would do. They do the same kinds of things the presidents in other parliament democracies do.

Are you actually acknowledging that you are prognosticating about the royal family without knowing what a head of state is?

by Anonymousreply 110November 29, 2023 12:39 PM

Buono a sapersi r106.

You are also talking about a world by your latest example that existed 70 years ago. And studies have shown the world has changed more since 1970 than it has in the previous two hundred years. With the internet the world has shrunk and it is very easy to see moment by moment how the rest of the world is living, what you do and don't have to put up with. The monarchy is already shrinking at the hands of King Charles - titles being taken away (Not just Harry's family), limiting the use of titles. I think he himself sees the writing on the wall and is attempting to course correct. Maybe it won't be at the hands of the people, it maybe the Monarchy itself realizing that a smaller portion of something is better than a larger portion of nothing.

by Anonymousreply 111November 29, 2023 12:45 PM

Scobie has a hell of a nerve getting on his high horse about this, seeing as how he's bleached his own skin color to Casper.

by Anonymousreply 112November 29, 2023 12:47 PM

R111. Can you list the titles Charles had taken away?

by Anonymousreply 113November 29, 2023 12:50 PM

R104. Drug addiction? You are not just deeply stupid. You are offensive.

by Anonymousreply 114November 29, 2023 1:03 PM

How exactly was the RF awful to Meghan? She didn't get the tiara she wanted for her wedding? Kate wouldn't share her chapstick? They expected her to do royal engagements? Just curious what this supposed awful behavior entailed.

by Anonymousreply 115November 29, 2023 1:08 PM

I doubt the royal family is as fixated on the royal baby having white features as much as Scobie is obsessed with having white features.

by Anonymousreply 116November 29, 2023 1:30 PM

[quote] You are also talking about a world by your latest example that existed 70 years ago.

I am talking about the world every monarch has faced in at least the past 2 centuries, including the monarch who was on the throne until last year. And if you think the maunderings of the twats on twitter is a greater threat than George IV and William IV faced at a time when serious politicians were debating whether the UK should go in the same direction as France, just a decade or two after it beheaded its king, then I’m afraid you don’t know much about British history.

Even Queen Elizabeth II faced far greater criticism and scrutiny than King Charles by a fairly rabid press which spent the 1980s and 1990s ripping the family apart in every way it could imagine. Elizabeth, like her ancestors, kept her chin up and carried on and waited for the people to come round, and they did. Charles will follow her example, just as she followed her father’s.

by Anonymousreply 117November 29, 2023 1:30 PM

[quote] How exactly was the RF awful to Meghan? She didn't get the tiara she wanted for her wedding? Kate wouldn't share her chapstick? They expected her to do royal engagements? Just curious what this supposed awful behavior entailed.

R115, the Royal Family callously refused to accept that Meghan was he second coming of Diana, which hurt Meg’s feelings because she thinks she is just smashing. And it was galling to Harry because he wants to be married to Mummy.

by Anonymousreply 118November 29, 2023 1:35 PM

It is an addiction r114, just like religion is an addiction. I'd give it another 50 years, tops. and I don't really care if you're offended by it or not.

[quote]The king plans to reduce the monarchy to a team of just seven key members, all senior working royals. There could be several reasons for this, including the royal family's reputation. The royal family faced an estimated $44.5 million shortfall due to the impact of the pandemic. However, the royals have "no intention of asking for extra funding," the Queen's financial officer Sir Michael Stevens said in a statement at the time. Plans are yet to be officially confirmed. If the reports are true, the British monarchy wouldn't be the first to restructure in this way. King Charles's 'slimmed down' monarchy could wind up as a 'BURNT-OUT' monarchy - with no one left to help Prince George when he takes over on the throne. The Windsors are in greater jeopardy than ever.

by Anonymousreply 119November 29, 2023 1:39 PM

[quote]That little cunt Markle has somehow communicated this to Scobie,

Link or proof please

by Anonymousreply 120November 29, 2023 1:39 PM

R119. I’m not British and I have no particular positon on the royal family. I’m just offended as an American that you typify the worst of American provincialism , stupidity, and chauvinism.

The US has a First Lady whom no one elected and who engages in public activities whose practical benefits are not always obvious. To much of the world, where political spouses are expected to maintain a discreet silence, that seems weird. Are Americans drug addicted?

Why did you post that quoted passage in your response? What did that have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 121November 29, 2023 1:49 PM

The presidents salary is 400k annually, the First Lady works for free - maximum eight years. They are not freeloaders for life. There is a difference. I don't know how chauvinism plays into it. And I would say there are actual British citizens who share my exact same point of view. It's not just American provincialism as you put it. So take it up with the cries coming from within the house as well.

And I posted that r121 to show that the idea of a British Monarchy is probably on it's way out, eventually in the next 50-100 years.

by Anonymousreply 122November 29, 2023 2:01 PM

R120, do you really suppose somebody inside the monarchy is going to tell Omid Scobie anything? Come on. I know you people are desperate but sometimes you just have to take the hit.

by Anonymousreply 123November 29, 2023 2:04 PM

And a president is not a symbol. A president is not just a figurehead. The president is employed by the United States of America to work for the people. The Royal Family is a symbol with no working legislative power other than to represent the country and funnel money they receive from tax payers back to charities they head and funding their lifestyle. They do tours, they head charities, they make appearances, it's a lot of busy work for 100 million dollars a year. And it's propped up by Britains NEED to have a monarchy, absolutely nothing else. The loss of the Royal Family would be a blow to the identity of the country, a country that has built their entire identity around a Monarchy that touches every aspect of British culture. And that is completely their fault when in fact other major first world countries have successfully left their Royal Families in the past or have minimized their influence realistic to the value they add to the country.

by Anonymousreply 124November 29, 2023 2:08 PM

^ a $35 million tax payer funded wedding for a couple who doesn't even want to be part of the Royal Family is kind a disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 125November 29, 2023 2:11 PM

R124, very few people in first-world countries across the planet are looking at the US system of government over the past decade and believing that it is something to aspire to.

by Anonymousreply 126November 29, 2023 2:15 PM

Basically the Brits have backed themselves into a corner where one of the driving forces of their economy is a tax payer funded circus that is revealing itself to be unstable. Combine that with their decision to Brexit, and they need the Monarchy more than ever now, whatever it does, unfortunately. But will it be sustainable?

by Anonymousreply 127November 29, 2023 2:15 PM

R122. The royal family receive no salary. They do cost a fair bit of money, but I hope you don’t imagine the cost of the US presidency is solely 400 000 a year. Presidential inaugurations usually cost around 100 million alone and that event us purely ceremonial (just like royal events) and unnecessary to the functioning of government. Many of the costs of the royal family incurs go to the public buildings they use and the ceremonies they host, which will continue whether they are performed by a king or an elected president. Cost savings are pretty low on the list of arguments for having an elected head of state.

The passage you cite gives no evidence at all that the family is on the way out. The changes suggested in that passage (not yet implemented) would be tiny compared to the scaling back of the institution that occurred under Charles’ recent predecessors. I assume you in your wisdom would have read those developments as indicative of the institution’s imminent collapse.

Face it—you have no clue how the monarchy or the British constitution operates and no knowledge of its history. However, because it’s covered by People magazine, entertainment programs, and morning shows in the US you think you know all about it. And you watch those shows because you find the institution interesting, which is even more drug addicted for an American than for a Brit.

by Anonymousreply 128November 29, 2023 2:16 PM

R126, this isn't a pissing contest.

by Anonymousreply 129November 29, 2023 2:18 PM

R127. The monarchy drives the British economy? We’ve reached the fair shores of lunacy. Yes, American expert, mist Brits are employed in making royal commemorative tea cloths and ceremonial robes. Nothing much else goes on there.

by Anonymousreply 130November 29, 2023 2:18 PM

R128, you do accept the fact that the President of the United States is a NECESSARY office for the governance of the one of the largest populations in the Western World, right? There are 330 million Americans (documented...). There are 67 million people in the United Kingdom supporting bankrolling a 100 million dollar Royal Family (that governs NOTHING) each year. That doesn't even include what the Prime Minister might need. There is no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 131November 29, 2023 2:22 PM

R124. We know the American way is always best, but you may want to inform yourself that most democracies outside the Americas have a ceremonial head of state separate from the head of government. I know this is a horrible way of doing things but you might want to acknowledge that Britain is far from alone in employing a head of state for purely ceremonial functions so you can avoid looking like a provincial idiot. I realize the American approach of combining head of state and head of government is wonderful and has led to the best presidents in the world, but sometimes people just like to do things differently.

Also, the president of the US doesn’t have legislative powers either.

by Anonymousreply 132November 29, 2023 2:26 PM

R127 "The monarchy drives the British economy" was never said. Please read.

by Anonymousreply 133November 29, 2023 2:26 PM

R131. The ceremonial functions of the president have nothing to do with running the country. You need aN Inauguration to enforce the laws? How is that any more essential than a coronation?

by Anonymousreply 134November 29, 2023 2:28 PM

R133. Please, yiu are getting even more hopeless and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 135November 29, 2023 2:29 PM

You guys, and looking at R132 are grasping at straws and taking the conversation in a bunch of weird directions to deflect from the main point - that the Royal family is revealing itself to be irrelevant and expensive. I am not making ANY comparisons to other countries. You don't even know if I live in the US or not.

Trying to draw comparison between the United States and Britain when it comes to the discussion of a Royal Family is just silly. There is nothing to compare.

by Anonymousreply 136November 29, 2023 2:29 PM

^ I take that back. I am comparing Britain to other countries who have successfully brought their Monarchies up realistic value added standards.

by Anonymousreply 137November 29, 2023 2:31 PM

R136. They are weird directions to you because you know nothing. If somebody brought hydrogen into a discussion of water, you would think they were taking about something unrelated.

by Anonymousreply 138November 29, 2023 2:33 PM

Monarchy is simply one of the systems to embody the nation. I don't know why people outside a country get so worked up about another country's choice or tradition.

And the hundreds of millions being kicked around refer to much more than just their "lifestyle". If you do know that, you're being dishonest. If you don't, shut up, you're talking in ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 139November 29, 2023 2:38 PM

R136, do you live in the UK? Are you a British citizen?

by Anonymousreply 140November 29, 2023 2:55 PM

I always get suspicious of people who feel the need to call someone stupid, or ignorant, to tell them to shut up over something JUST because they are worked up. If you are going to argue something, you can't just say someone is stupid, you have to point out why you believe this to be the case. And the only argument that I have heard that I must be a stupid American that knows nothing - and absolutely nothing that directly addresses anything I've said. I can't imagine anything more immature than typing out the words SHUT UP to someone on an anonymous message board.

Having said that, R139 you too have rushed to conclusions and didn't read fully what I wrote. I never said the money was JUST to support the Royal Family's lifestyle. So I guess I don't have to shut up. And the you don't have to say "talking in ignorance," it's just "being ignorant..."

by Anonymousreply 141November 29, 2023 3:06 PM

R140 you don't have to be a British Citizen to see what I am saying. The Martians circling earth can see what I am saying is true, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 142November 29, 2023 3:08 PM

I didn’t call you stupid until you started being insulting (r.g., “drug addicted”) and I explained at length each time what was stupid. Don’t insult unless you want to be insulted back.

by Anonymousreply 143November 29, 2023 3:12 PM

Girls, GIRLS! You're both off-topic!

by Anonymousreply 144November 29, 2023 3:14 PM

R144. Agreed

by Anonymousreply 145November 29, 2023 3:16 PM

You still used the word stupid R143 - which is rather immature, as if we are on some playground and I threw a rock at your head.

What I do find fascinating though is that a "point and counter-point" set up almost five hundred years ago is still around in the year 2023 and that they are the exact mirror of each other now having no real power outside of their fiefdoms and in the imaginations of the people who worship them - The Pope and the King of England.

And just to bring it back around to topic, the fact that racism is now in question with the Royal Family just shows how out of step, bordering on archaic, they are. Although I don't believe questioning what a baby might look like to be racist. But it sounds like it was more than that. It sounds as if it may have actually been a concern, not a curiosity on Charles's part. And there is no one here who is doing anything more than speculating. So it's all speculation.

by Anonymousreply 146November 29, 2023 3:24 PM

It's wonderful to see Omid Scabby, Prince Dim and Magel Mackeral emerge as anti-monarchy figureheads. Quite fitting.

by Anonymousreply 147November 29, 2023 3:29 PM

Oh God please make it stop

by Anonymousreply 148November 29, 2023 3:29 PM

Here you go R148

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 29, 2023 3:34 PM

The call is coming from inside the house...

Only 3 in 10 Britons think the monarchy is “very important”, the lowest proportion on record, a poll shows as the king’s coronation approaches.A survey by the National Centre for Social Research (NatCen) shows public support for the monarchy has fallen to a historic low. A total of 45% of respondents said either it should be abolished, was not at all important or not very important.

Given a population of 66 million, just numbers-wise, there are probably more Americans who support the Royal Family than British Citizens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 29, 2023 3:44 PM

Just from the outside looking in, it would seem that Meghan is expert and playing the victim for ratings. I think she was like Lady Gaga reading Madonna's playbook on how to become a superstar when studying Princess Diana and how to be internationally famous. Scandal and controversy gets more attention, eyes and worship than towing any party line. She has played Harry like a fiddle. I only watched one episode of their Netflix documentary. The sheer intensity of her naked ambition was in inverse proportion to her ability to cover it up with her acting chops. "No, I had no idea who this strange man was but I am going to go on a ten day safari and sleep with him in a tent..." Right. She was probably fully vaccinated for the voyage before the first date.

by Anonymousreply 151November 29, 2023 3:53 PM

KATE MIDDLETON has been named as Royal Racist number 2

by Anonymousreply 152November 29, 2023 3:56 PM

R150. Those polls in no way indicate the imminent abolition of the monarchy. The monarchy is the status quo. It is always easier to keep the status quo than to change it.

What is relevant is the percentage of Britons who are very strongly opposed to the monarchy. And that number is small. People who don’t care about the monarchy or simply dislike it have little motivation to go through all the effort require to change the system and to get everyone to agree what that new system will be.

The House of Lords has no popular support and no hold on the public imagination and has been viewed as indefensible for at least 100 years, yet it still exists.

by Anonymousreply 153November 29, 2023 4:02 PM

R152 Kate + Hate, new TLC reality show.

by Anonymousreply 154November 29, 2023 4:03 PM

R150 when you are talking about a 1200 year legacy, imminent is relative - soon would be within the next two generations of kings.

by Anonymousreply 155November 29, 2023 4:05 PM

Yes. Many things could happen in 70 years or so. I still wouldn’t bet on it happening

Who knows if the EU will exist in its current form or that the US will still be a full-fledged democracy at that point.

That is far from the prediction of it ending with the current reign.

by Anonymousreply 156November 29, 2023 4:15 PM

I like Kate. Her sole purpose in life is to stay thin and look good and well dressed. She's like the Nan Kempner of the Royal Family.

by Anonymousreply 157November 29, 2023 4:23 PM

I see Omid must have found this thread giving all the unhinged comments here. Given many of his media appearances have been cancelled and his book has been panned by virtually every critic, he has nothing else to do.

by Anonymousreply 158November 29, 2023 4:32 PM

Kate’s job is to bring up her family, support her charitable causes, and not cause trouble, she manages to do them fairly effectively, and will be rewarded by her own coronation with her husband in the fullness of time.

I genuinely wonder what Harry thinks he has to gain out of this Scobie book. It will enrage William (which he may regard as reward enough), but it will destroy any rapprochement with his father. And after Charles is dead, and the family fortune has passed (tax-free) into the hands of King William, he will truly learn that he is not only Spare, but entirely amputated from his birth family.

Kate and William can afford to smile and wave and wait for this current storm to pass. They have a future, while the Harkles can’t even persuade anyone to make a second period of their podcast.

by Anonymousreply 159November 29, 2023 4:36 PM

"That is far from the prediction of it ending with the current reign."

That is not exactly true and that's now history is measured. The end of the Roman Republic and the start of the Empire with Julius Ceasar was in 59 BC, but there is was no real Roman Empire until 85 years later with Augustus as the first real Emperor. Yet history views them back to back. So my prediction is that King Charles will be known as the last King of England, the beginning of the end with his two living successors being shadows of what it is now until it's gone within their lifetimes. Actually the death of Queen Elizabeth will mark the end in history. It's not a far cry.

by Anonymousreply 160November 29, 2023 4:37 PM

King of England? Please stop trying. For your own sake, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 161November 29, 2023 4:41 PM

In 85 years England will be a Caliphate. Muslims are going to be the dominant demographic.

by Anonymousreply 162November 29, 2023 4:41 PM

You can tell he’s a klan granny just by looking at him

by Anonymousreply 163November 29, 2023 4:42 PM

Brexit followed by getting rid of one of the main reasons people go to the UK for holiday shows that the Brit’s have a great feel for the future.

by Anonymousreply 164November 29, 2023 4:42 PM

Please! Give me a break. Most white liberals who claim to not have a racist bone in their bodies show their own true colors when someone not lily white comes into their own family. They may work hard to not show it in public, but just let those doors close and they feel safe with the people they're around and they'll break every time.

by Anonymousreply 165November 29, 2023 4:50 PM

and they too would be Racists, R165. Racism against black people is not just the providence of one party. It's just one would admit it while the other is currently too busy working through their antisemitism.

by Anonymousreply 166November 29, 2023 4:55 PM

r165 Same is true of virtually any family, regardless of race, creed, or color.

by Anonymousreply 167November 29, 2023 4:55 PM

R165

You can certainly speak for yourself. But you are a clueless moron if you think you speak for the rest of us who do have mixed race families.

by Anonymousreply 168November 29, 2023 4:57 PM

R165 your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Where did I say it wasn't, R167. My post was SPECIFICALLY about white liberals. Get it? Got it? Good!

R168, do you not understand what the word "most" means. Did I say "all", No, I didn't.

I swear to God the nitwits are running wild on DL today.

by Anonymousreply 169November 29, 2023 4:58 PM

[QUOTE]That little cunt Markle has somehow communicated this to Scobie,

[QUOTE]Link or proof please

R120 - how to you suppose Scobie became privy to the contents of private correspondence between Charles and Meghan to the point that he can identify the family racists? Are you suggesting Charles and/or his private secretary are Scobie's sources?

by Anonymousreply 170November 29, 2023 6:14 PM

R169

And I said you could speak for yourself. That is it.

by Anonymousreply 171November 29, 2023 6:14 PM

Telegraph Royal Family @TelegraphRoyals 📕REVIEW: Endgame by Omid Scobie.

"Omid Scobie’s Endgame is ludicrous propaganda for Team Sussex. The reporter’s much-trailed study of the Royal family is laughably partial, devoid of insight and bizarrely misogynistic."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172November 29, 2023 6:58 PM

Who the f*ck cares? He isn't anything to the world majority.

by Anonymousreply 173November 29, 2023 7:03 PM

In terms of strategy, the Harkles are really hopeless: if they had named Charles and Kate as racists at the time of the Oprah interview, it would have caused an absolute furore. However, by waiting so long, they are releasing this poisonous info at a time when they have already been shown to be melodramatic liars.

This story will make headlines for a few days, but most people have no faith in the judgment of the Harkles or the veracity of their claims. By the end of the week, the media will move on.

by Anonymousreply 174November 29, 2023 7:12 PM

Right - so the duplicitous little cunt was happy to let the public assume that the racists were Philip and Elizabeth while they were on their respective death beds (sales, ya know). Now that they are dead he’s switched targets to Charles and Kate.

Keep pulling those strings, Smeggy!

If I were Scobie I would have killed myself out of shame years ago.

by Anonymousreply 175November 29, 2023 7:26 PM

Of course Meghan was going to implicate Kate as one of the so-called royal racists. Meghan is obsessed with Kate and has a total mean girl attitude toward her. I personally don't believe Kate said anything improper or was even involved in the conversation simply because if Meghan's total insanity around her. I mean wasn't it just one royal racist and now suddenly there's two. Girl sit down.

by Anonymousreply 176November 29, 2023 8:21 PM

R176 I believe Meghan was always going to reveal who the "racist" was (and yeah, it was always going to be Catherine) in her own tell all book. Now her lap dog spilled the beans and basically H&M can no longer use it as a weapon against the royals.

by Anonymousreply 177November 29, 2023 8:24 PM

Her little trolls love to babble about Meghan living rent free in heads. I guess this settles who lives rent free in hers.

by Anonymousreply 178November 29, 2023 8:29 PM

Harry is the ugliest member of the family

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 29, 2023 9:03 PM

The Monarchy is Dead Cosplay Man Walking.

by Anonymousreply 180November 29, 2023 10:30 PM

Sorry Megs, you'll never eclipse this look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 29, 2023 10:37 PM

OMG why are Megan and Harry still complaining about this old news?

They LEFT. They should now be happy! Why are they still hung up on this drama?

by Anonymousreply 182November 30, 2023 12:14 AM

r131 We dont have dollars in the UK you parochial fool.

by Anonymousreply 183November 30, 2023 12:38 AM

R175 except Harry & Meghan specified immediately that it was NOT Philip or Elizabeth who made those comments? That’s what made it immediately obvious that it was most likely Charles or maybe (but less likely) Will.

by Anonymousreply 184November 30, 2023 2:04 AM

All their constant pissing and moaning about how they were supposedly treated proves they aren't thriving in California; they are just surviving. Talentless losers who couldn't succeed living a life of opulence and comfort where every opportunity was handed to them on a silver platter and also aren't succeeding having to stand on their own two feet. Repellent losers, both of them.

by Anonymousreply 185November 30, 2023 2:21 AM

No wonder Melania was pissed about having to do the Christmas decorations and the tea parties and all the other shit. She didn't get paid a dime.

by Anonymousreply 186November 30, 2023 2:49 AM

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Meg gave this information to Scobie precisely in order to torpedo any attempt by Harry to reconcile with his family. He’d find it much harder to leave her if his route home has been destroyed.

It’s hard to imagine William ever forgiving Harry for causing this attack on Kate. That bridge has been burned.

by Anonymousreply 187November 30, 2023 2:51 AM

R181 from the neck down maybe but she eclipses her face every day.

Kate's super thin face needs filler.

by Anonymousreply 188November 30, 2023 2:52 AM

^Hasn't seen an unfiltered unphotoshopped snap of Sparkles lately.

by Anonymousreply 189November 30, 2023 2:59 AM

Meghan is very white. I think she would look even better with a tan and darker. I wish she had said fuck it and let her curly hair fly. Wore all the colors. Scared them a little more. Why try so hard to please those people?

by Anonymousreply 190November 30, 2023 3:06 AM

And how was her hair before she met those people?

by Anonymousreply 191November 30, 2023 3:07 AM

And her nose, r191?

by Anonymousreply 192November 30, 2023 3:13 AM

It was like any other ho off the streets. I wish she said fuck you people and let it curl up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 30, 2023 3:24 AM

We saw that same hairstyle for YEARS. Long straight and boring.

Would going curly a little bit of the time really have been such a scandal? It was pretty!

For her husband saying she could represent the Commonwealth, sure didn't seem like it on the hair end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194November 30, 2023 3:29 AM

None of this is important.

by Anonymousreply 195November 30, 2023 6:04 AM

^^ But you decided to join us anyway.

by Anonymousreply 196November 30, 2023 6:09 AM

R196, I live in the UK, and despite the best efforts of the Daily Mail, most people are not obsessed with this. I find it amusing that so many Americans are.

by Anonymousreply 197November 30, 2023 6:12 AM

R195, I agree it is not important, but it is ever so entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 198November 30, 2023 7:15 AM

Actually r142, it is absolutely only the concern of the British people to judge how relevant and costly the British royal family is. It is absolutely of no relevance to anyone else. The only other countries that can have an opinion on the British monarch as their head of state are former British colonies, who are free to dump the British monarch if they wish, although, aside from Barbados, I don't see many rushing to do that.

As it happens, the majority of British people deem the monarchy to be relevant and value for money.

by Anonymousreply 199November 30, 2023 7:42 AM

SurvingAngel at R183 I converted the amount INTO dollars so that the Americans on this board would have a visceral reaction to the total amount the Royal Family costs. Understanding who you are talking to is a key factor in successful communication. If I said the Royal Family cost 83 millions pounds, most people in the United States have no comprehension of what that would mean in dollars.

SurvingAngel is another one with the immature ad hominem school yard attacks. If you notice, I don't call anyone stupid, fool, idiot, silly. These types of attacks weaken your point and don't pack the punch the people who use them think they do. It just makes you look weak, like you're always punching up.

by Anonymousreply 200November 30, 2023 7:49 AM

Tomorrow Belongs To Me!!

by Anonymousreply 201November 30, 2023 8:18 AM

R200 but you are extraordinarily stupid.

by Anonymousreply 202November 30, 2023 10:59 AM

R200 My god you are so fucking boring. Please just shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 203November 30, 2023 12:50 PM

I don't believe Meghan and Harry regarding the ill treatment they supposedly received at the hands of the RF. Either Meghan expected to be allowed to pursue becoming Diana 2, and was denied, resulting in this years long psychotic tantrum, or expected to be coddled in respect to the media attention of marrying Harry and realized the RF doesn't really deign to respond to much of the tabloid press and their many stories. Or maybe both things are true. Either way, what is their true endgame? Do they keep this going until they get a grovelling apology? Do they want more power, too, as a price for letting bygones be bygones? It's unclear to me why they can't let this go and move forward with their own plans at this stage. Unless, of course, keeping it going is a permanent part of their future plans, because it garners attention and possibly money. In which case I have to believe it is Meghan pulling the strings. She wouldn't be much without Harry and this narrative she has established.

by Anonymousreply 204November 30, 2023 10:02 PM

Yes, R200, the polite and literate obsessive.

by Anonymousreply 205November 30, 2023 10:15 PM

They said Piers Morgan named the racists on his show. Did anyone catch the names he mentioned??

by Anonymousreply 206November 30, 2023 10:40 PM

R206, he mentioned the Duke of Jersey, and the Groom of the Stool.

by Anonymousreply 207November 30, 2023 10:46 PM

r204 Both of them seem consumed by jealousy, spite, grievance and vengenence and these things whether they like it or not are now what they are associated with and is their reputational brand.

by Anonymousreply 208December 1, 2023 12:22 AM

It's all utterly delicious!

by Anonymousreply 209December 1, 2023 12:55 AM

The Daily Telegraph apparently got confirmation for Meghan's people that she "never leaked the names, that she never had any attention of this coming out" BAHAHAHAHA sure girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 1, 2023 1:02 AM

Google: OBSOLETE CORRUPT SCROUNGERS WHO APPEAL TO OLD WHITE RACISTS AND TOURISTS?

Did you mean the British Royal Family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 1, 2023 1:02 AM

R200 Consider the source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212December 1, 2023 1:08 AM

bwhahahahaha, sure we'll take the word of "sources close to the Duchess"

by Anonymousreply 213December 1, 2023 1:10 AM

R213 Scouser why have you stopped identifying yourself? Because your addled Royalist babblings have made you a laughingstock? bwhwhwhwaha indeed🤪

by Anonymousreply 214December 1, 2023 2:02 AM

r214 I havent and I encourage anyone interested to experiment with the block button to establish that I am not that poster.They make a good point though.Their are discredited in terms of taking their word for things after the fake New York car chase saga.

by Anonymousreply 215December 1, 2023 2:17 AM

God, I forgot about the near death high speed chase nobody else noticed.

Good times with those two.

by Anonymousreply 216December 1, 2023 2:20 AM

BREAKING: Operation Black Friend has been launched!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217December 1, 2023 3:13 AM

^ How bloody inept is the palace PR? They get paid to make their clowns look ludicrous?😂

by Anonymousreply 218December 1, 2023 3:14 AM

r217 Im sure if Charles had shook hands with a white leader like Justin Trudeau and didnt shake the hand of the Nigerian President you would have tried to make hay of that too.

by Anonymousreply 219December 1, 2023 3:20 AM

R218. Not as bloody inept and stupid as you. Is Charles not supposed to shake the hands of black officials because an idiot like you will interpret it as deflection?

It’s a world of morphs.

by Anonymousreply 220December 1, 2023 3:25 AM

R19 Meghan lies like a rug.

by Anonymousreply 221December 1, 2023 3:41 AM

R217 That aborigine is merely shaking the hand of His Majesty! Disrespectful wog!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 1, 2023 3:43 AM

R215 No one under 70 is interested Gran.

by Anonymousreply 223December 1, 2023 3:46 AM

"They get paid to make their clowns look ludicrous."

They don't need to be paid their clowns do it for free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 1, 2023 3:50 AM

Trisha Goddard is generally very pro-Meghan and Harry but I think in the first part she's speaking for a lot of people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 1, 2023 4:43 AM

Charles and the royal family meet with black people all the time and always have, especially in the context of Commonwealth relations and representing Britain diplomatically.

Charles is the British head of state so of course he would meet with his counterpart the Nigerian head of state, whom he has met on many previous occasions. King Charles is representing the United Kingdom at COP28, meeting leaders from all over the world and addressing a subject that has always been close to his heart since before it was trendy and for which he used to be ridiculed by the forerunners of the morons on this thread, namely the environment.

Megstans are beyond fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 226December 1, 2023 6:46 AM

COP28: Tinubu meets King Charles, Nigeria, others eye $261bn 1st December 2023

President Bola Tinubu and King Charles in Dubai

OpeOluwani Akintayo and Stephen Angbulu

President Bola Tinubu on Thursday met King Charles III of England in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, the venue of the COP28 Climate Summit.

Both leaders had arrived in the city to join the conference where leaders from over 198 countries are expected to participate.

Tinubu announced the meeting on his X account, describing the British monarch as a passionate climate advocate.

He stated, “I had a productive meeting with His Majesty, King Charles III of England who is also the Head of the Commonwealth, and a passionate climate advocate.

“The meeting was a significant step in strengthening the partnership between Nigeria and the United Kingdom, and I am optimistic about the positive impact our joint efforts will have on our planet’s future as we look forward to setting an equitable global standard for environmental stewardship at COP28.”

Thursday’s meeting became President Tinubu’s first engagement since he arrived Dubai in the early hours of the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 1, 2023 6:54 AM

[quote]King Charles is representing the United Kingdom at COP28, meeting leaders from all over the world and addressing a subject that has always been close to his heart since before it was trendy and for which he used to be ridiculed by the forerunners of the morons on this thread, namely the environment.

True, I remember people making fun of him in the '70s. If only we'd listened to those tree-huggers way back then, huh?

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2023 10:40 AM

Sir Trevor Phillips, "a former Labour politician and former chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, was previewing his Sunday show live on Sky News last night when he was asked about whether he would cover the Endgame scandal.

He said: 'It's unlikely we're going to spend much time on that because I'll be absolutely frank and say I think it's a nonsense story. I think that there is no family of colour anywhere in the entire world where that conversation doesn't take place'.

by Anonymousreply 229December 1, 2023 12:56 PM

I think they've sailed through this fine. William and Kate were warmly and enthusiastically applauded last night at the Royal Variety Performance at the Royal Albert Hall, nobody believes either Kate or Charles are malicious, and there would appear to be a number people wondering about the reliability of the source material. So I don't know who got what they wanted out of this. Who'd buy a book from Scobie now? And I do mean buy, not Megstans shoplifting.

by Anonymousreply 230December 1, 2023 12:58 PM

Brilliant description from Marina Hyde in the Guardian: 'Omid Scobie, who increasingly looks like a felt-pen drawing of Omid Scobie'

by Anonymousreply 231December 1, 2023 1:21 PM

I had no idea who Omid Scobie was so I had to google him. Boy, he should really right tell-all book about the victimization of his face.

by Anonymousreply 232December 1, 2023 2:41 PM

Scobie said the other day thst he's never had surgery, but botox "a long time ago."

by Anonymousreply 233December 1, 2023 2:46 PM

Nothing is worse than a 42 year old man trying to look 25, especially if he doesn't have the genes to pull it off. And we all know the Brits age like milk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 1, 2023 2:51 PM

I mean, you're kinda fucked when you're writing an anti-monarchy screed and even The Guardian is taking the piss out of you.

by Anonymousreply 235December 1, 2023 3:05 PM

r194, up until maybe 3-5 years ago, in the Black community, straight hair means you're successful, or work in a serious profession. Look at the older doctors, lawyers, politicians- they all have straight hair.

It's the same for curly haired actresses of any race- Nicole, Juliana M., Keri Russel, Salma, Julia L-D, the world perceive curly hair as more frivolous- actresses who keep their curl such as Carol Kane and Bernadette Peters are considered quirky.

by Anonymousreply 236December 1, 2023 3:25 PM

Scobie is Iranian

by Anonymousreply 237December 1, 2023 3:44 PM

Our Princess Catherine looked STUNNING last night!!! Let's see Megs top this!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238December 1, 2023 4:30 PM

R227 "as we look forward to setting an equitable global standard for environmental stewardship at COP28.”

The jokes write themselves😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 1, 2023 4:38 PM

^ What a disgusting family they are.

by Anonymousreply 240December 1, 2023 4:40 PM

Scobie is half-Persian and half-Scottish, r237. Born in Wales, raised in Oxford.

by Anonymousreply 241December 1, 2023 6:11 PM

R239/r240 is one of those stupid morons who believes any old crap he reads on the internet, however lacking in sources or references it may be. Even worse, he expects the rest of us to believe it too.

by Anonymousreply 242December 1, 2023 6:12 PM

R237 so like he's like kinda a wog too like that's why he gets on so well with Maggot? splains alot!!!!! bahahahwwwaa

by Anonymousreply 243December 1, 2023 6:17 PM

R106 that was very helpful, seeing all that lined up really helps put this in context.

by Anonymousreply 244December 1, 2023 11:06 PM

A 1200 year old institution is shitting its trousers over a BOOK. Tell us again how " irrelevant" the Sussexes are. Your emperor has no clothes. But you already knew that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 1, 2023 11:10 PM

R243 Expert commentary from some fool who thinks that “alot” is a word.

by Anonymousreply 246December 1, 2023 11:18 PM

Someone from Celebitchery is on this site. They are fanatic Sussex stans.

by Anonymousreply 247December 1, 2023 11:34 PM

Dead Racist Clowns walking..😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 2, 2023 12:21 AM

And semi-literate.

by Anonymousreply 249December 2, 2023 12:34 AM

Can't fool R247.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 2, 2023 12:39 AM

I just saw some video today of this person, and I can't believe how much plastic surgery he has had. My eyes are glued to him like starting at a train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 251December 2, 2023 1:27 AM

You gotta see the Before pic

by Anonymousreply 252December 2, 2023 1:30 AM

I just want to know what the fuck he did to his eyebrows. They're so artificially thick and weird and gross.

by Anonymousreply 253December 2, 2023 5:04 AM

Where do you see any evidence that the monarchy is "shitting" itself over Scobie's bullshit book, r245, which is being widely ridiculed everywhere? And how can Scobie's book represent the relevance of Harry and Meghan, when they supposedly had nothing to do with it?

It's so funny when Megstans think they're showing status by referring to the Harkles with their royal name.

by Anonymousreply 254December 2, 2023 6:42 AM

R247 They are posting day and night and only on the Royal Family threads, easily over 600 posts. I just assumed they are mentally ill or on meths.

by Anonymousreply 255December 2, 2023 7:18 AM

Are Charles’s impossibly close eyes due to inbreeding on his mother’s side?

by Anonymousreply 256December 2, 2023 7:45 AM

Charles doesn't have impossibly close eyes, r256. The only reason that's what you think you see is because you're an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 257December 2, 2023 8:42 AM

It's funny that Meghan tried to create such a controversy over Archie's skin colour, because in the end he turned out white and ginger.

by Anonymousreply 258December 2, 2023 8:44 AM

Meghan is the only one who's disappointed in Archie's skin colour. She was hoping he'd turn out darker than the white boy he is - although she wouldn't have wanted him too dark.

by Anonymousreply 259December 2, 2023 8:47 AM

I am not going to be called an idiot but someone who doesn't know how to properly phrase a sentence. It's amazing to me the number of people nowadays who think they are smart but don't even know the basics of proper sentence structure when formulating their ideas. They are the first to insult someone with wording that reads like rusty wagon wheels over cobblestones.

[quote]The only reason that's what you think you see is because you're an idiot.

WTF R257

by Anonymousreply 260December 2, 2023 8:51 AM

R257 I defy you not to get a headache looking at this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 2, 2023 8:54 AM

[quote] I am not going to be called an idiot but someone who doesn't know how to properly phrase a sentence.

Oh, dear…

by Anonymousreply 262December 2, 2023 12:05 PM

There's a typo and then there's an illiterate dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 263December 2, 2023 12:11 PM

You're just too fucking idiotic, r260. The only reason you think you see Charles' eyes - which are perfectly normally spaced - as supposedly being too close together is because that's what you want to see. You make up complete crap about him and think you're so witty and smart you giggle like a retard. And I'm not using that word in the offensive sense, but literally. You come across as someone with a mental deficiency.

If that's still too difficult for you, the shorter version even you might understand is: you talk complete shit.

by Anonymousreply 264December 2, 2023 7:28 PM

Harry and Meghan have not been invited to one of the largest society weddings of 2024. The Duke of Westminster has decided not to invite Harry and Meghan to his wedding despite being one of Archie's Godfathers. William and Kate have been invited. LMAO!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 2, 2023 9:11 PM

We didn't want to go to some dumb old billionaire's wedding anyway. We're doing pottery yoga and vegan fondue that weekend with the Kardashians in Vail.

by Anonymousreply 266December 2, 2023 9:27 PM

R264, they are beady as fuck. I don't know why you chose to take up this argument in the first place, why you had to rush to his defense. It's a stupid argument. It's stupid because it's obvious to any with two working eyes. Prince Charles's eyes are beady and too close together. He has about 6" of head on either side of each eye and 3/4 between the two of them. He looks like a rat. And it's probably from inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 267December 2, 2023 10:34 PM

R264 Our King Charles is the most handsome man of his generation! Let's not even talk about the regal beauty of our Queen. It simply takes one's breath away!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 2, 2023 11:09 PM

^ Cultists gotta cult.

by Anonymousreply 269December 2, 2023 11:10 PM

R260 Miss Prisspot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 2, 2023 11:13 PM

It’s funny, I never noticed Charles’ eyes close together. Maybe because he had (when he was younger) large round eyes and the stick-out ears were the most noticeable thing. Harry has squinty eyes.

by Anonymousreply 271December 3, 2023 12:30 AM

R267/r268 = mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 272December 3, 2023 8:04 AM

Read it and weep Deranged Royalass Cultists

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273December 3, 2023 3:04 PM

^ EGHADS! I may have to get a job!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 3, 2023 3:06 PM

Quote from the article above:

[quote]Practically any questioning of the Royal fairy tale breeds immense national anger and can lead to serious consequences for the questioner.

Boy do I know it... looking at R272 in particular.

by Anonymousreply 275December 3, 2023 5:39 PM

Even if there were no monarchy, you'd still be nothing. You always will be. But keep bleating. At least you're not out breaking the law.

by Anonymousreply 276December 3, 2023 5:49 PM

So American of you R276. What is your definition of Someone, something to you?

In the tally of human existence, we all are born alone and die alone. And in that time I've had what everyone truly desires at the end of the day - love, and lost of it since I was baby. I have never questioned its existence in my life. I have always always surrounded by love. I now realize what a blessing this is. So whatever your definition of something vs. nothing is, I don't think I want or need any part of it.

by Anonymousreply 277December 3, 2023 6:10 PM

Yes, you exude love. Absolutely drip it.

by Anonymousreply 278December 3, 2023 6:12 PM

[quote]Read it and weep Deranged Royalass Cultists

A veritable 1st Corinthians you've composed there, great font of life long love.

by Anonymousreply 279December 3, 2023 6:15 PM

Yes, r278, something to which you should aspire.

by Anonymousreply 280December 3, 2023 6:25 PM

Why would I want to be nothing, R280? Look at how long you've been posting here. You've changed nothing my manifesting your mental illness. This graffiti is the meaning in your life. Who would want to be that? No one. You probably don't even, if you capable of any insight or honesty. You can't even control yourself and behave decently.

by Anonymousreply 281December 3, 2023 6:33 PM

[QUOTE]we all are born alone

Your mother begs to differ, you ungrateful little fabulist.

by Anonymousreply 282December 3, 2023 6:34 PM

No doubt it's mother left it alone as soon as possible.

by Anonymousreply 283December 3, 2023 6:37 PM

[quote]if you capable of any insight or honesty

Well I guess we all know now what you're not capable of. You type broken when you're mad and in a rush.

by Anonymousreply 284December 3, 2023 6:56 PM

The most ridiculous thing about the Megstan troll is that he thinks Scobie has any credibility. Only a complete idiot would stick up for Scobie.

by Anonymousreply 285December 3, 2023 8:52 PM

You mean like this one, R284?

"And in that time I've had what everyone truly desires at the end of the day - love, and lost of it since I was baby."

Rock on, loser.

by Anonymousreply 286December 3, 2023 9:33 PM

When Sparkles walks her poodles Scobie and Harry, sunshine and happiness abound.

by Anonymousreply 287December 3, 2023 10:38 PM

I didn't read halfwit Harry's Spare, so someone correct me if I'm wrong or confirm what I recall is correct, but I recall reading a recap where he said after the first time they had sex Meg said, and I'm paraphrasing, "that wasn't the performance of a spare, that was the performance of an heir" and then she whipped out her Diary and proceeded to write down her assessment of his performance. They are both so sick and damaged beyond repair.

by Anonymousreply 288December 3, 2023 10:51 PM

[quote]"that wasn't the performance of a spare, that was the performance of an heir"

Meghan is furious she's not getting what Kate is getting on the daily

by Anonymousreply 289December 3, 2023 11:07 PM

Royal media Fairy Tail vs their ugly reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290December 3, 2023 11:29 PM

R289's comment reminded me of this from Scobie's unwittingly amusing interview with the Times. Notice he doesn't deny the rumor outright? She ain't getting nutin' from the spare. And calling a hotel attached to the Santa Barbara Polo Club or the San Vicente Bungalows "janky" will not earn Scobie any friends anywhere.

Amazing how defensive he gets on behalf of people he claims to have no contact with or association.

[QUOTE]What about the rumour being spread by a friend of the royal family that the duke is so miserable that he regularly sleeps in a local hotel? “I know a lot of people that know them, that are in their world, or their space, and I’ve just never come across anything of the sort,” he says, pointing out that the couple have a “massive guesthouse” at their disposal. “If you wanted to spend a night away, you don’t have to go as far as some janky hotel in Montecito town centre.” (“Janky” is the opposite of swanky.)

"People THAT know them, THAT are..." along with the double negative he employed to attempt to say that he never used Royal names in the English manuscript... I'm tempted to check the book out of the library just to keep a running tally of all the grammatical errors. He claimed to have also edited the book in the interview. What kind of a publisher allows that? Has Harper Collins had financial problems lately?

by Anonymousreply 291December 4, 2023 1:52 AM

They fumbled the only real working royals they had out of envy & spite, typical BRF. The only thing Harry & Meghan did was work hard & brought more eyeballs & relevancy to that no talent family. With or without the titles the Sussexes will always be a global sensation. Get over it you deranged old klan grannies.

by Anonymousreply 292December 4, 2023 2:56 AM

R292 = mentally ill American

by Anonymousreply 293December 4, 2023 11:30 AM

R292 Covid was a global sensation, too. And about as popular as H&M.

by Anonymousreply 294December 4, 2023 12:22 PM

Scobbie's ex is Markus Anderson, champion of incompetent humorless layabouts.

by Anonymousreply 295December 4, 2023 12:26 PM

I can't imagine somebody as steeped in Sohomorality as Markus Anderson would date somebody who looks like Gonad Scabies.

by Anonymousreply 296December 4, 2023 1:54 PM

Prince Harry must be devastated!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297December 4, 2023 3:06 PM

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but has anyone else clocked Scobie's eyeshadow? I think he's trying to accentuate the results of his upper bleph....

by Anonymousreply 298December 4, 2023 4:24 PM

Scobie's extensive makeup rivals Kitara's.

Who will win? Scobie's facial lacerations via "cosmetic surgery" and his subsequent application of heavy funerary makeup?

Or Santos subtle "Sephora shading and contours that include the porcine candidate's glazed lips shined by his constant indulgence in porkchop gluttony?

Only one can be left standing.

by Anonymousreply 299December 4, 2023 7:16 PM

PRINCE DIMWIT is paying the price for his DIABOLICAL TREACHERY!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 4, 2023 7:26 PM

Markus fucked the original Scobie, R296. a much MUCH different looking creature.

by Anonymousreply 301December 4, 2023 10:08 PM

Did he really? Even the original seems not good enough for a guy like him, slithering through that peculiar layer of elite.

by Anonymousreply 302December 4, 2023 10:47 PM

King Charles dies at 96.

The year is 2045.

Queen Catherine and King William are on the throne in their early 60s.

Charles has decided to end the monarchy. There will be reduced roles for the grandchildren. The main palace becomes a complete museum for tourists.

Charlotte, Louis and George are in their 20s. They live high society lives and are relieved they will not have to continue the madness.

Harry and Megs, in their early 60s as well, are amicably divorced best friends. Their children in their mid 20s, secretly sometimes wish they had more of a role in the BRF and knew their family.

by Anonymousreply 303December 5, 2023 12:08 AM

How did Charles decide to end the monarchy after dying? And how did Kate and William become king and queen?

by Anonymousreply 304December 5, 2023 12:22 AM

He willed and decrees it before his death. A slimmed down monarchy it shall be. He gifts his descendents the gift of freedom from the plague of royal duties, a thing he has always found nearly unbearable, and drove him to marry a woman he didn't love.

by Anonymousreply 305December 5, 2023 12:44 AM

R303 From your lips to God's ears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 5, 2023 12:59 AM

Charles has the weight of 1000 years of history on him. No way would he ever choose to be the one to end it, or prevent William from acceding to the throne he has been destined for since birth.

by Anonymousreply 307December 5, 2023 1:04 AM

"plague of royal duties,"

Royalass are bloody mental.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308December 5, 2023 1:05 AM

Nor is it his choice. The abolition of the monarchy is for parliament.

by Anonymousreply 309December 5, 2023 1:33 AM

Some of you all spin some crazy yarns. My dream about Pitt and Jolie last night seems perfectly normal in contrast.

by Anonymousreply 310December 5, 2023 1:36 AM

Parliament will vote for it to end. It will seem silly.

by Anonymousreply 311December 5, 2023 2:56 AM

American, r311?

by Anonymousreply 312December 5, 2023 5:33 AM

Dolt, R312?

by Anonymousreply 313December 5, 2023 7:25 PM

Charles knows if they were to strip the Sussex of their title who haven't committed a crime, they can kiss the brown Commonwealth nations goodbye. Sussexes didn't commit pedophile, take million-dollar briefcases, steal money from the dead, or replace wife with mistress.

by Anonymousreply 314December 5, 2023 7:25 PM

r314 But why do Harry and Meghan want the titles?

by Anonymousreply 315December 5, 2023 7:59 PM

R311. Thanks for the bulletin

Have sources indicated roughly when it will be eliminated and what will replace it? Will the other countries where he is head of state have already abolished the monarchy or will that come later. Will the House of Lords remain?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but it’s refreshing to talk with someone who has actual information and isn’t just an idiot sounding off about something he knows nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 316December 5, 2023 8:10 PM

^The same reason a tiresome scouser git wants to be an "angel"

by Anonymousreply 317December 5, 2023 8:10 PM

If they are waiting on the monarchy being abolished in the Commonwealth realms (whoever “they” are) it could take a while. It gets very complicated in the the former dominions such as Canada, Australia and NZ. In Australia it would require a referendum to the constitution which requires a majority in each state and a majority of states and territories. This is a country which couldn’t be persuaded to recognise the indigenous population in a referendum last month. Australians are easily spooked and as an Australian I find that fucking infuriating.

I think that the situation is even more complicated in Canada.

Oh the irony if Charles or William ends up as King of Scotland, Wales, Canada, New Zealand and the Caribbean realms but not of England! Where will they live?

by Anonymousreply 318December 6, 2023 2:06 AM

When you see all the transparently ridiculous PR stunts that they send Willy and Kate out to do ,you can only conclude that Charles is trying to sabotage them. Does he think he'll live forever?

by Anonymousreply 319December 6, 2023 2:15 AM

Where do you get the laughable fantasy he won't be "king of England"?

Fly in the ointment, it is the parliament of the United Kingdom at Westminster. Constitutional matters weren't devolved. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 320December 6, 2023 2:27 AM

Try reading for comprehension before you start calling other people idiots, R320. You are replying to two different posters.

If you have issues with what would happen if the role of British head of state were killed off, talk to to R316, who was merely hypothesising (is that right, R316?).

If you have issues with the last ties between the British and Australian legal systems being removed can I refer you to the Australia Act (1986)?

But there are lots of big words in that document and your probably still looking up “hypothesising”a so how about you just fuck right off? The attitudes of people like you are why a whole continent hates you. Go look for someone else to patronise - that might be a challenge where I suspect that you are from.

Have a miserable day in the cold, sleet and grime.

by Anonymousreply 321December 6, 2023 3:34 AM

“You’re” not “your” - third try at oh dearing myself.

by Anonymousreply 322December 6, 2023 3:49 AM

Why does the mentally il Scobie stan insist on posting the exact same nonsense ravings on both Scobie threads? Does he think we're going to be doubly blown away by his "wit"?

by Anonymousreply 323December 6, 2023 11:09 AM

The Maul this morning: Omid Scobie's new book Endgame sold just under 6,500 copies in Britain during its first five days on scale despite a blizzard of publicity - and has now plunged to 215 on the Amazon 'bestsellers' list.

by Anonymousreply 324December 6, 2023 12:15 PM

Well, I'm sure they didn't anticipate great sales in the UK, #215 only a week out of the gate must be a blow. But isn't the US market more important? Has he done any US publicity? Nobody has posted about media appearances here, so I assume not yet. Interesting to see if Gayle King will have him on her show.

by Anonymousreply 325December 6, 2023 4:07 PM

R325 I don't think it's even in the top 100 on Amazon US

by Anonymousreply 326December 6, 2023 4:16 PM

The US market is more important than the UK market for books about the British royal family, r325? Yes, I'm sure Gayle King will have incisive questions to ask about a foreign institution she has no comprehension of.

by Anonymousreply 327December 6, 2023 4:47 PM

Despite what people say, there is not enough interest in the monarchy in the US to drive the success of the book on US sales alone. Yes, Americans are far more interested in the monarchy than yiu would expect them to be, given the monarchy’s irrelevance to US life, but the vast majority of people are not interested enough to buy a book like this, even if it were well-written

by Anonymousreply 328December 6, 2023 4:51 PM

[QUOTE]The US market is more important than the UK market for books about the British royal family, R325?

Isn't it more important for the Sussexes as they try to establish themselves as some sort of presence in the U.S., whatever it may be? They've all but written off the U.K., so it's somewhat pointless for them there.

by Anonymousreply 329December 6, 2023 5:01 PM

In that case, r329, they should write - or get someone to write on their behalf - a book about themselves, their dreams, their plans, all the great stuff they apparently intend to do. Instead, they - seeing as they are behind the Scobie book - churn out another book on ridiculous British royal tittle tattle, mostly made up or hyperbolically exaggerated at that.

R328, is the interest in the royal family in the US about the institution, its history, its major figures, its charitable and social efforts, its cultural significance in the UK and other regions, etc.? Or does the interest lie in silly gossip?

by Anonymousreply 330December 6, 2023 5:40 PM

of course he is. he's English

by Anonymousreply 331December 6, 2023 5:46 PM

Spot on . This is who you fools are. My sides!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 8, 2023 12:23 AM

Glad to see Scobie's book is so "irrelevant" and the monarchy is still beloved as ever.😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333December 8, 2023 5:40 PM

Endgame debuted on the New Times Bestseller List. Which I believe is in America you babbling royalass twit R328

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334December 8, 2023 5:45 PM

R334 = the world's only Scobie stan.

by Anonymousreply 335December 8, 2023 6:21 PM

According to Dutch royal journalist Rick Evers, even Scobie's Dutch publisher is distancing itself from him.

[quote]Omid Scobie looks back on the past 1.5 weeks. Dutch publisher distances itself from this. “Scobie's representation in his column about the Dutch editorial process of Eindspraak is factually incorrect and we do not recognize ourselves in his explanation”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336December 8, 2023 6:27 PM

Today, Harry failed in his bid to have Associated Newspapers' (Mail owners) libel defence dismissed. Harry had claimed that the Mail on Sunday had libelled in its coverage of his dispute with the Home Office re the security he demanded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 8, 2023 6:36 PM

The Court's decision in Harry's failed attempt at dismissal: of Associated Newspapers' libel defence:

[quote]If the Defendant [Associated Newspapers] does establish these facts at trial, it has a real prospect of demonstrating the third element for an honest opinion defence: that an honest person could hold the opinion that the Duke of Sussex was responsible for attempting to mislead and confuse the public as to the true position of his judicial review claim (and that this was ironic given that he now held a public role in tackling “misinformation”)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 8, 2023 6:41 PM

Did Harry libel himself? (I mean do we need to ask that question). Harry's narrative has long been that his family and the late-Queen's private secretary were the ones that cut off his security. However, new letters to the Home Office have come to light showing that Sir Edward Young (the Queen's private secretary) expressed the Queen's and then Prince Charles' wish that H&M should have some degree of security.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 8, 2023 9:37 PM

Is Scobie a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 340December 8, 2023 9:41 PM

Oof, Prince Dim really is something else. He deserves every second of a miserable life with his awful wife.

by Anonymousreply 341December 8, 2023 9:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342December 8, 2023 10:37 PM

r339 also means that the army of Sussex squad sugars on social media banging on about how the royals conspired to get their security of them to either ensure they were killed or forced to return to the family fold were talking gold standard conspiracy theory crap.

by Anonymousreply 343December 9, 2023 12:11 AM

Talking total shit, more like.

by Anonymousreply 344December 9, 2023 12:12 AM

[quote]Is Scobie a homosexual?

No, Rose, he just hasn't met the right girl yet.

by Anonymousreply 345December 9, 2023 3:00 AM

R345 With those over-the-counter thick brows, high cheek bones and luscious lips, I find that hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 346December 10, 2023 3:58 PM

(Quote] Is Scobie a homosexual?

I believe he has a girlfriend, but she lives in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 347December 10, 2023 8:18 PM

^and doesn't have access to wifi.

by Anonymousreply 348December 10, 2023 9:36 PM

she lives in Nunavut

by Anonymousreply 349December 11, 2023 1:10 AM

Diana's death was pointless and stupid. She was killed by a drunken, speeding driver who lost control of a heavy, armoured vehicle whilst trying to outrun people on motorcycles armed with...cameras.

Even then, she would have likely survived had she been wearing a seatbelt.

by Anonymousreply 350December 11, 2023 10:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!