Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothee's Wonka movie is shaping up to be a big hit!

Will he be Oscar nominated?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601January 29, 2024 6:00 PM

OP is Timothee Chalamet

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2023 2:33 PM

No he won't.

Hope this helps!

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2023 2:44 PM

No — instead the academy will give Gene Wilder a posthumous Oscar nomination for his Wonka after they see this hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2023 2:57 PM

Of course it will be a hit. Timmo is a star! A true movie star.

Haters gonna weep.

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2023 3:00 PM

The Wonka silliness is a career going off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2023 3:04 PM

I’d like to see Timmy’s wonka.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2023 3:07 PM

Never understood the appeal of the first and therefore less for this, although I am a fan of Tim.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2023 3:10 PM

R4: The only hit he's had was Dune and that was in spite of him. If people wanted to see him in movies, they would go see those movies. He's ugly both inside and out and can't act out of a wet paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2023 3:13 PM

In the Wonka clips I’ve seen, Tim’s line delivery is flat and without cadence. He’s overshadowed by the supporting actors who have better comedic skills. In comparison, he looks like some random guy who won a contest to be in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2023 3:32 PM

It's gotta be better than that crap with Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2023 3:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2023 3:38 PM

I hated Depp’s version, but at least he was bizarre. Wonka is supposed to be eccentric, mysterious, and a bit sinister, not the cute guy from third period English class.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2023 3:42 PM

Yeah,…no. Wonka will be a horrific flop. I like the idea of an origin story, but Timothee is not the guy to play him. Terrible casting based on name recognition. Won’t work.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2023 4:13 PM

I find it very odd that he won't get a gym membership like the other actors his age. How does he expect to be the next Tom Cruise with an underdeveloped career AND body?

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2023 4:21 PM

Tim O'Tay

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2023 4:25 PM

[quote] Wonka is supposed to be eccentric, mysterious, and a bit sinister, not the cute guy from third period English class.

Can the Gene Wilder version of Wonka be described as a bit sinister? I don't recall feeling that way other than his meltdown towards the end when he finds out Charlie and Grandpa drank the fizzy lifting drinks. For the most part he's cheerfully passive aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2023 4:37 PM

R16 “Cheerfully passive aggressive?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2023 4:47 PM

Sounds like hype to me. Even if it has a great opening weekend it will then collapse in week 2. It’s a kids movie.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2023 6:03 PM

Shhhh … don’t tell anyone it’s bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2023 6:13 PM

[quote]Never understood the appeal of the first.

How sad.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2023 6:27 PM

Comments on r19's linked site turn quickly to antisemitism.

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2023 6:39 PM

From linked article at R19:

[quote]A critic tells me it was “tonally way off”

In other words, “the lead actor was miscast.”

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2023 6:46 PM

To me it looks tonally off regardless of the casting. This Wonka is all sweet, not sinister.

Perhaps the movie well address his ultimate transformation.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2023 6:49 PM

I don’t see how this Wonka will transform into a demented serial killer who uses midget slaves to murder children, but maybe Tim does an incredible Walter White character arc in the film.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2023 7:02 PM

Hope it's a hit.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2023 7:21 PM

It will be a hit…. at the Razzies.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2023 8:28 PM

I'm surprised there is no social media reaction to it posted by the military families who saw a screening of it a week or so ago.

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2023 10:46 PM

Typical WB tactic of giving a select group early access and allowing them to tweet, Flash had similar positive tweets

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2023 10:48 PM

Embarrassing performances, creepy CGI, awkward musical numbers, and A-list actors who probably were coerced through blackmail…. it’s CATS all over again.

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote]Of course it will be a hit. Timmo is a star! A true movie star.

Well that'll be a big change considering all his films are box office flops - barely breaking even.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2023 10:58 PM

Variety:

[quote] ‘Wonka’ First Reactions Praise Timothée Chalamet as ‘Infinitely Charming,’ ‘Intoxicating’ and ‘Pitch-Perfect’

[quote] Gizmodo senior reporter Germain Lussier heaped praise on Chalamet, calling him the reason alone to see the film. “He’s infinitely charming & a blast to watch,” Lussier wrote, although he added: “The movie around him isn’t as good but it’s enjoyable. The story & tone fight against each other leaving it a bit muddled. And yet it’s filled with joy & the songs are delightful.”

"infinitely charming.....he's the reason alone to see the film...."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2023 11:00 PM

These days the films that get fawning reviews are usually not very good while the films with neutral or poor reviews are actually very good films.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2023 11:08 PM

[quote]Germain Lussier@GermainLussier:

[quote]I was already excited for Dune: Part Two of course, but now reading in GQMagazine that Timothee Chalamet saw Top Gun Maverick EIGHT TIMES while filming just has me even more hyped.

R31 Thanks for linking that totally unbiased review of Wonka by Germain Lussier, twink chaser extraordinaire..

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2023 11:22 PM

It will be a hit because that that blonde, white boy ( I think his name was Charlie) has been replaced by a young Nubian princess.

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2023 11:24 PM

Roald Dahl must be spinning in his grave over the black girl being a protagonist instead of playing an Oompa Loompa.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2023 11:29 PM

[quote] [R31] Thanks for linking that totally unbiased review of Wonka by Germain Lussier, twink chaser extraordinaire..

If you clink into the link for that Variety article, you would see at least 11 different first reaction reviews, 10 of which weren't Lussier.

But, yes, if you are patient, the haters will have their turn, probably closer to the general release of the film.

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2023 11:32 PM

I hate the original so I won't be seeing whatever this is.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2023 11:34 PM

The film hasn’t been released, yet these paid influencers already RAVE about it. This is the same promotional move they pulled with Wonder Woman 2020. They paid influencers to tweet about how great it is. Also very telling that the review embargo doesn’t lift until next week. Film embargo’s are put in place for bad films not to get bad word of mouth before opening.

by Anonymousreply 38November 29, 2023 12:19 PM

The film hasn't been released, yet the DL posters have declared it a flop and pray for its demise. Yet, they are not paid as the paid influencers are. So, who are the losers?

by Anonymousreply 39November 29, 2023 12:39 PM

One of the paid for DM articles was about Kylie flying to London to support her "boyfriend" at the afterparty. How romantic.

by Anonymousreply 40November 29, 2023 12:49 PM

Whatever.

I'm seeing it opening weekend.

And yes, I'm persuaded by what could only be called the rave reviews of paid influencers.

by Anonymousreply 41November 29, 2023 12:49 PM

Shaping up to be a big hit. Timothee could win the Oscar if Bradley Cooper and Cillan Murphy cancel each other out. The reviews are rapturous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 30, 2023 2:31 PM

R42 is Timothee

by Anonymousreply 43November 30, 2023 2:51 PM

Even if he achieved a fantastic performance, it’s unlikely that he’ll be nominated for anything because it’s a fantasy film, and fantasy films are not treated with the same respect as serious dramas by the Academy.

by Anonymousreply 44November 30, 2023 5:10 PM

I’ve aged out of this - good or bad. I get the twink actor connection to DL and yet don’t understand an interest in the film. December is the month adults get movies to watch & Willy Wonka is what ya’ll want to see?

by Anonymousreply 45November 30, 2023 6:21 PM

Since Timothee is sure to be Oscar nominated this year, what do we think he will wear? Will it be a traditional tuxedo? Maybe he will duplicate Streisand's legendary pantsuit from 1969.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2023 8:25 PM

Timothée at the Paris premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2023 9:58 PM

I just don't get why they keep making this stupid story in the first place. It’s awful.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2023 10:02 PM

Still wearing his boots with lifts

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2023 10:44 PM

R47: Nobody told him this is a family friendly film and to wear something more conservative.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2023 12:46 AM

His face is finally getting more manly.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2023 1:34 AM

I watched one out-of-the-theatre reaction.

I don't claim that's a big enough statistical sample.

That person, however, did describe it how some us predicted - a solid, family holidays time movie. He also described Wonka as outright musical.

As for Chalamet, he said he 's very good, but you could see he was struggling with convincingly conveying the necessary "whimsical" aspects of the character.

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2023 1:43 PM

Apparently he promised to greet people in the fan zone who waited for five hours in the cold but changed his mind once he got inside. Kids were apparently left in tears. Scumbag..

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2023 5:53 PM

I agree-it’s shaping up to be a big shit!

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2023 6:01 PM

I can see people boycotting the film for a number of reasons but I don’t know whether to believe the negative comments on Vogue, British Vogue, Cartier, and his personal IG about skipping Wonka over the Hamas joke.

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2023 6:41 PM

What's "the Hamas joke"?

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2023 6:44 PM

R56: He did a skit on SNL in which he played a frontman for a band called Hamas. The frontman is about to jump off a ledge because nobody is listening to his music. A passerby offers to hear his music so he spells out the name of the band H-A-M-A-S. The whole skit was tone deaf and vile. Thousands of negative comments are now online about how people should boycott Wonka.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2023 6:58 PM

Makes me want to see it all the more.

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2023 8:43 PM

85% on Rotten Tomatoes but that’s just the early Sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2023 9:07 PM

Does Timmy wank in it?

by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2023 9:08 PM

He puts a chocolate dildo in his mouth and then his anus. 4 stars.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2023 9:20 PM

The reviews seem more mixed than the 85% on RT would suggest. A lot of 'it's fine, whatever' kind of reviews that then give it a high score

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2023 11:23 PM

Agree. They seem so desperate to endorse a movie that is marginal at best because it’s “whimsical“and stars America’s sweetheart, Miss Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2023 11:54 PM

The reviews seem to find it very old fashioned. And, as this is being sold on his appeal to audiences, it really will be the test as to if he can open and carry a film.

by Anonymousreply 64December 5, 2023 12:15 AM

[quote]To Willy, chocolate is no mere confectionary treat. It’s a religion, something that will elevate you and change your day, your mood, your life. And that belief is incarnated in Chalamet’s deliriously infectious performance. It’s a trick to play someone this keen and innocent and eager and make him magnetically delightful, and Chalamet has the star charisma to bring it off.

So in other words, exactly as the trailer suggested, he was totally unable to convey anything of the danger or weirdness of Wonka

[quote]As a movie, “Wonka” may be the squarest big-scale Hollywood musical in decades. How square is it? In an era that has given us such visionary next-level musicals as “La La Land,” “Moulin Rouge!,” and the shockingly underrated “The Greatest Showman,” as well as such hip and vibrant Broadway adaptations as “Chicago,” “Hairspray,” “In the Heights,” “Mamma Mia!,” “Les Misérables,” and “Rent,” “Wonka,” as directed and co-written by Paul King (who made the “Paddington” films), plays like a more visually limber version of some singing-and-dancing relic from the late-studio-system era of “Oliver!” (1968) and “Scrooge” (1970). It’s so square it makes “Mary Poppins Returns” look edgy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 5, 2023 12:23 AM

[quote]Chalamet presents his Wonka to us in charming, harmless Leading Man mode. He smiles the same smile he gives to red carpet fans as he takes soulless selfies, ripping through his lines at a rapid staccato. He sings, he twirls, he stretches his charisma thin. Every once in a while he breaks out of the mold, his angularity morphing into a little gremlin performing an inelastic imitation of Jim Carrey’s zaniness. Like so much of the movie, his stranger and more enticing tastes are coated in a thick, plain layer of milk chocolate. Chalamet is thankfully not trying to be Gene Wilder, though he sometimes skews near Johnny Depp’s off-putting performance simply by being so smoothed-down. You wonder how such a toothless character could even eat candy in the first place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 5, 2023 12:32 AM

Metascore 67.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2023 4:43 PM

I can see why they promoted it heavily in Paris and London. It's possible for the film to flop if it falls off a cliff in the second weekend or the overseas market doesn't show up at all.

by Anonymousreply 68December 5, 2023 7:07 PM

Will there be a soundrack album?

by Anonymousreply 69December 9, 2023 11:11 PM

He's an aging has-been - get rid of him!

by Anonymousreply 70December 9, 2023 11:25 PM

R38- Paid influencers are what used to be called publicists.

They've been trying to promote RAT BOY for years- hyping him into some kind of IT boy

more like an IT RODENT 🐭

by Anonymousreply 71December 9, 2023 11:37 PM

He was a presenter at the Video Game Awards. He's becoming more Z list as we speak

by Anonymousreply 72December 10, 2023 12:28 AM

R72 video games are bigger biz than movies. Also: he has Dune coming - play to the video boys. So I can’t agree.

by Anonymousreply 73December 10, 2023 2:31 AM

Maybe in Dune part 2 they'll transition him so that he can be Feyd's wife - as was intended.

by Anonymousreply 74December 10, 2023 2:48 AM

The slow cock penetrates the ass.

by Anonymousreply 75December 10, 2023 2:57 AM

r73 It doesn't matter if the games industry is bigger, we're talking about a specific awards show. One that is of so little mainstream interest it wasn't even broadcast on TV. Even the People's Choice Awards gets a broadcast deal.

Take a look at the list of other presenters. Not exactly star-studded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 10, 2023 3:01 AM

R76. I don’t really care. Saying he’s over is nuts I just looked up The Games Awards ratings. 103 million streams. So you’re wrong. Why do people have access to information & don’t bother looking?

by Anonymousreply 77December 10, 2023 3:16 AM

And where did I say he was over? I said he's going Z list - doing trashy shit like dating a Kardashian, agreeing to host at the Game Awards, etc. The fact that you're trying to pretend I said something I didn't and you trying to defend him actually suggests you care quite a lot.

by Anonymousreply 78December 10, 2023 3:45 AM

Flop.

by Anonymousreply 79December 10, 2023 3:48 AM

I wish his big bent veiny dripping cock would flop into my greedy gaping mouth.

by Anonymousreply 80December 10, 2023 4:47 AM

Timmy is one of the only genz actor with any hype atm. He’s far from being a Z list

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2023 4:58 AM

T is playing Bob Dylan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 10, 2023 5:08 AM

[quote]Timmy is one of the only genz actor with any hype atm

Patently false, and either way what does hype matter when he lacks the talent to back it up?

by Anonymousreply 83December 10, 2023 5:39 AM

R78 Just acknowledge you were wrong. Another example of lacking education

by Anonymousreply 84December 10, 2023 10:59 AM

Timmy isn't the problem, it's all his annoying stans.

by Anonymousreply 85December 10, 2023 6:13 PM

r84 You do realise how stupid you sound when you try to ascertain someone's level of education based on a post on a gossip site, right? Also, the fact that you're already resorting to ad hominem just says you can't actually defend your position.

by Anonymousreply 86December 10, 2023 7:37 PM

While filming Wonka, he was such a dick to the crew that even he realised it. So he gathered them together and apologised and gave them each a gift to say sorry. An autographed photo of himself. His ego is out of control.

by Anonymousreply 87December 10, 2023 8:00 PM

Doesn’t it have to make $75M in its opening weekend to have a chance of making its money back?

by Anonymousreply 88December 10, 2023 8:09 PM

[quote]While filming Wonka, he was such a dick to the crew that even he realised it. So he gathered them together and apologised and gave them each a gift to say sorry. An autographed photo of himself. His ego is out of control.

I’m guessing that was Timothee; Gene Wilder would never have apologized.

by Anonymousreply 89December 10, 2023 8:16 PM

R84 actually - you can. Again critical thinking is based on a set a rules that can diagram your response . A uni proff doesn’t know his students.

by Anonymousreply 90December 10, 2023 8:17 PM

Proff, huh?

by Anonymousreply 91December 10, 2023 8:19 PM

Sorry ladies, but it's already a box office smash. Timmy is a box office star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 10, 2023 8:36 PM

I actually want to see it now.

by Anonymousreply 93December 10, 2023 8:38 PM

Yea. Slang. Pretty standard. But you wouldn’t know that.

by Anonymousreply 94December 10, 2023 8:39 PM

Oh, well, I'll just add that to my list of reasons to die

by Anonymousreply 95December 10, 2023 8:39 PM

r94 Only if you think it's "proffessor"

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2023 8:46 PM

It looks beyond stupid

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2023 8:47 PM

R87: Extras were told not to stare at him.

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2023 9:30 PM

He kept taking his clothes off - the little pervert!

by Anonymousreply 99December 10, 2023 10:40 PM

R82: It’s nowhere close to getting made and his so called “star power” hasn’t had any effect in getting it off the ground.

by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2023 12:14 AM

RU sure R100

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2023 9:06 PM

R101: He met with a vocal coach - so what? Magnold said back in April that production was going to start in August. This project has been around since 2020. He'll do the occasional pap walk with the guitar case in his hand to trick people into believing that the film is happening soon.

by Anonymousreply 102December 11, 2023 9:27 PM

It has a 68 Metascore based on 90 reviews.

Young audiences may well be enchanted, but I’m sad to report I found the whole confection sickly sweet and hopelessly twee. -David Rooney THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTR

by Anonymousreply 103December 11, 2023 10:04 PM

R130: All the user reviews on IMDB (assuming from people who watched it this weekend overseas) say it's pretty much a mixed bag.

by Anonymousreply 104December 11, 2023 10:10 PM

[quote]Turns out, “Wonka” is the Willy Wonka origin story I never knew I always wanted. The prequel from writer-director Paul King (the “Paddington” films) explores and expands upon the wondrous world of Wonka in rich detail while also paying homage to the 1971 film in a subtle and satisfying way.

[quote]Kindness and teamwork are the golden tickets to realizing your dream, the movie tells us. It’s an old-fashioned and somewhat corny message. But in the extraordinary “Wonka,” it goes down smooth like chocolate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105December 13, 2023 12:22 PM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 13, 2023 1:56 PM

I still want Timothee to sit on my face!

by Anonymousreply 107December 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Wait your turn, R107

by Anonymousreply 108December 13, 2023 4:28 PM

He is a star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 14, 2023 3:06 PM

R109: No he isn't..

by Anonymousreply 110December 14, 2023 3:11 PM

There you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 14, 2023 3:15 PM

They seem pretty iffy now about the box office. Hoping for $35 million, would be thrilled if it was $40. It needs to gross $250M to break even.

by Anonymousreply 112December 15, 2023 2:28 AM

r112 Probably more like $300 million once marketing costs are included

by Anonymousreply 113December 15, 2023 3:15 AM

Will he be Oscar nominated? No OP he's not even in the running. Bradley, Cillian, Leonardo and Paul are sure bets.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Killers of the Flower Moon

Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction

Bradley Cooper, Maestro

Colman Domingo, Rustin

Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers

Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer

Andrew Scott, All of Us Strangers

Barry Keoghan, Saltburn

Franz Rogowski, Passages

Peter Sarsgaard, Memory

by Anonymousreply 114December 15, 2023 6:23 AM

R114, add Godzilla. It'll be a lifetime achievement award.

by Anonymousreply 115December 15, 2023 10:57 AM

Rodent 🐭 Boy and The Chocolate Factory 🏭

by Anonymousreply 116December 15, 2023 12:07 PM

Why is Timmy going on talk shows in a ratty t-shirt and unwashed hair?

by Anonymousreply 117December 15, 2023 3:02 PM

Elordi's mole has more of a chance than Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 118December 16, 2023 5:28 AM

Did Elordi score a Golden Globe nomination for Priscilla or Saltburn?

by Anonymousreply 119December 16, 2023 5:38 AM

R119 Shut up and bend over.

by Anonymousreply 120December 16, 2023 5:43 AM

Bitchy comment from Deadline

Tim needed to fire his whole team a while ago. They have no plans to transition him into adulthood. His next planned roles are once again as 19 year olds. And why do they keep calling him “Little Timmy”? They are really signaling their plan to squeeze all the teen juice out of him and drop him next year, when he hits 30.

by Anonymousreply 121December 16, 2023 6:16 AM

R121 Pretty boys are useless when they age out and get coarse.

by Anonymousreply 122December 16, 2023 6:20 AM

Cry more, DL

by Anonymousreply 123December 16, 2023 12:23 PM

Film for man babies

by Anonymousreply 124December 16, 2023 3:11 PM

It's a kids' movie so nowadays it has to be bland and safe and nice. Even if they had an actor who could recreate Gene Wilder's performance with the sinister undercurrents, which is true to Roald Dahl, they wouldn't want to. Don't think it'll hurt Timothee's career that much. Adults will drag their kids to it for a few weeks, then it'll be repeated endlessly on TV every Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 125December 16, 2023 6:40 PM

Timmy will go do some "daring" independent movies, and then disappear into theater or something.

by Anonymousreply 126December 16, 2023 6:48 PM

He wants to be a movie star too much for that. He dumped the one theatre booking he had.

by Anonymousreply 127December 16, 2023 6:54 PM

The Globe and Mail (Toronto)Barry Hertz

Chalamet seems to be a Gene Wilder fan / But he can’t live up to the original candyman / He’s flat, and he’s grating, and he can’t sing a tune / The heartthrob is best off on the sands of Dune.

by Anonymousreply 128December 16, 2023 7:00 PM

Barry Hertz is a DLer. So is his brother, Dick.

by Anonymousreply 129December 16, 2023 7:56 PM

Wonka was #1 at the box office taking in $10.9M on opening day.

Steven Spielberg ’s critically acclaimed West Side Story posted a subdued opening day gross of $4.1 million at the Friday (Dec. 10) box office for a disappointing domestic opening in the $10 million to $11 million range.

by Anonymousreply 130December 17, 2023 5:24 AM

R120 Wonka's weekend opening was $39M which is almost twice as much as Priscilla's total gross of $20.8M after 52 days in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 131December 17, 2023 6:26 PM

R131: You think a multi-million dollar Hollywood production taking in a sub-$39M opening weekend is a heroic triumph?

by Anonymousreply 132December 17, 2023 7:07 PM

Yes, R132 West Side Story's total domestic gross was $38.5M

by Anonymousreply 133December 18, 2023 12:16 AM

[Quote] You think a multi-million dollar Hollywood production taking in a sub-$39M opening weekend is a heroic triumph?

We'll take it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 18, 2023 12:29 AM

audiences seem to like it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 18, 2023 1:28 AM

[quote]But for the most part, "Wonka" is so good at what it does that the question of whether it's a cynical enterprise becomes moot. It's as enthusiastic yet inscrutable as Wonka himself, played with an elegantly withholding quality by Chalamet, who in moments of quiet contemplation and madcap inspiration could be Gene Wilder's long-lost grandchild.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 18, 2023 1:47 PM

saw it yesterday. its very fun and entertaining and not a dull moment. I don't get the appeal of Timothy BUT he is very charming and just pulls one in. I do think possible Oscar nomination, why not?

by Anonymousreply 137December 18, 2023 2:16 PM

[quote]signaling their plan to squeeze all the teen juice out of him

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 138December 18, 2023 2:19 PM

Fuck off all of you Timmy haters. He is starring in a big, fat hit. So, take your bile somewhere else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 19, 2023 1:31 AM

R139: All that product placement and it didn't break $40mil. The word got out. Can we call it a fail in two or three weeks? Is that okay with you? Will that hurt your feelings?

by Anonymousreply 140December 19, 2023 1:52 AM

Didn’t fellow try hard Johnny Depo do a remake of this a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 141December 19, 2023 1:55 AM

No, but it will hurt yours when the movie picks up over the school Christmas break.

by Anonymousreply 142December 19, 2023 10:47 AM

Loved it. I’ve never understood the Timothee appeal and still don’t, but he disappears into the role. He’s not a great singer, but even that works in his favor for the role. It’s a delightful film.

by Anonymousreply 143December 19, 2023 10:58 AM

R139=CUNT

by Anonymousreply 144December 19, 2023 12:00 PM

[quote][R139]=CUNT

BWAAAAAH. A true genius here.

by Anonymousreply 145December 19, 2023 5:38 PM

R140 even if that's true, it will do a helluva a lot better than The Color Purple and the Boys in the Boat

by Anonymousreply 146December 19, 2023 9:57 PM

Just saw it tonight, a solid three out of four. Drags a little at the 90 minute mark, but then acquits itself at the end.

by Anonymousreply 147December 20, 2023 2:12 AM

it grossed another $4M on Monday bringing its total box office to $43M

by Anonymousreply 148December 20, 2023 2:24 AM

R148: Wonka will be gone by January. Lil Tim continues to scare away audiences especially male audiences.

by Anonymousreply 149December 20, 2023 2:37 AM

Adult males aren't the demographic, unless they bring the kids, so no harm, no foul. Adult males used to be the target demographic for action and superhero films until Disney and their ilk started the female empowerment shit and made the heroes women, thereby once again shutting out the males. Result - flop.

by Anonymousreply 150December 20, 2023 3:35 AM

[Quote] Wonka will be gone by January. Lil Tim continues to scare away audiences especially male audiences.

So, what if a few wimps stay away. Wonka's BO gross for Tuesday December 19th was $5.9M bringing its 5-day domestic gross to $48.9M

by Anonymousreply 151December 20, 2023 7:29 PM

[quote] Wonka is pure shit.

by Anonymousreply 152December 21, 2023 4:46 AM

(^.^) and what's Barbie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 21, 2023 5:18 AM

[quote]Wonka is pure shit.

Writes someone who hasn't even seen it. It's ne better than the MAGA fraus who scream for book banning when they haven't read it.

by Anonymousreply 154December 21, 2023 1:09 PM

Still waiting for the porno version, Wonka's Willy.

by Anonymousreply 155December 21, 2023 4:58 PM

[quote]Still waiting for the porno version, Wonka's Willy.

Just don't include"... and the Chocolate Factory."

by Anonymousreply 156December 21, 2023 6:00 PM

OP it is a big hit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 21, 2023 7:15 PM

How many screens in the UK for each of those films?

by Anonymousreply 158December 21, 2023 7:18 PM

R157: No it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 159December 21, 2023 8:47 PM

[quote]UK-Ireland box office preview: 'Godzilla Minus One' stomps into 469 cinemas.

[quote]UK-Ireland box office preview: Warner Bros 'Wonka' to serve up a festive feast in 700 cinemas.

Hence, the difference in income.

by Anonymousreply 160December 21, 2023 8:47 PM

R159 It is dear. Get over it.

VARIETY December 17, 2023

Timothee Chamalet's 'Wonka' Surpasses $150 Million Globally

'Ticket sales are promising for a musical that's not part of an established franchise'

by Anonymousreply 161December 21, 2023 9:21 PM

R161: No it isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 162December 21, 2023 9:29 PM

Not according to informed reports R162 and you have nothing but your petulance to prove otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 163December 21, 2023 10:19 PM

R 162, looks what happens to people like you:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 21, 2023 10:29 PM

Damn. It bombed. Not surprised. Firstly, Timothee is not a lead, he looks like an ugly child, and second, no one likes musicals.

by Anonymousreply 165December 21, 2023 10:32 PM

Wonka added another $4.3M on Wednesday which is more than West Side Story made on its opening day. Sweet!

by Anonymousreply 166December 21, 2023 10:33 PM

How many times are they going to remake this movie in 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 167December 21, 2023 10:35 PM

Not a remake dear! It's a prequel or origin story. Do try and keep up!

by Anonymousreply 168December 21, 2023 10:36 PM

It's performing much better in the UK than it is worldwide - already the twelfth highest-grossing film of the year, despite only having been released on the eighth of December. Meanwhile, it's #44 in the USA and #31 worldwide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169December 21, 2023 10:39 PM

R165: The fangirls just don't want to face the music.

by Anonymousreply 170December 21, 2023 10:41 PM

[Quote] Doesn’t it have to make $75M in its opening weekend to have a chance of making its money back?

apparently not as its already made its production costs back

by Anonymousreply 171December 21, 2023 10:49 PM

[Quote] looks what happens to people like you:

looks a lot better than being a sour grape R164

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 21, 2023 10:55 PM

R165: It's not looking good for Dune 2.

by Anonymousreply 173December 21, 2023 11:38 PM

Why R173 Dune 2021 was released in United States theaters and streaming on HBO Max on October 22. Dune was a box office success, earning $402 million on a $165 million budget. It was well received by critics and audiences, with praise for Villeneuve's direction and screenplay, the visual effects, ambition, costume design, Hans Zimmer's musical score, cinematography, and faithfulness to the source material. The film won six awards at the 94th Academy Awards and was nominated in four other categories, including Best Picture. It also received numerous other accolades.

Its opening weekend domestic BO was $40M.

by Anonymousreply 174December 22, 2023 12:15 AM

Wonka will continue to sell and even pick up as good word of mouth spreads.

I've already told some family and friends that it's a solid three stars out of four. Not overselling it, just recommending it to people who'll enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 175December 22, 2023 2:34 AM

R175: No it won't.

by Anonymousreply 176December 22, 2023 2:36 AM

Let's agree to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 177December 22, 2023 2:38 AM

The typical math is on the order of breakeven equaling about 150% of the published production budget. By that metric, Dune 2021 was a modest box office success and Wonka needs on the order of 200M to breakeven.

Of course, Wilder's version is listed as having a 4M box office on 3M budget, so it isn't like it was a huge success either.

by Anonymousreply 178December 22, 2023 2:44 AM

R176 still insists Biden lost in 2020

by Anonymousreply 179December 22, 2023 3:09 AM

[Quote] How many screens in the UK for each of those films?

R158 It's about the # of tickets sold not the number of theaters. Godzilla's domestic gross after 20 days in US release was $36M; WONKA made $39M in 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 180December 22, 2023 4:57 AM

Gozirra.

Moth-e-ra

by Anonymousreply 181December 22, 2023 5:03 AM

R181 Back in your box, twins.

by Anonymousreply 182December 22, 2023 5:08 AM

Don't Christmas movies quadruple or more on opening weekend. If you queers want to talk box office do if correct.

by Anonymousreply 183December 22, 2023 5:17 AM

r171 No it hasn't

by Anonymousreply 184December 22, 2023 8:14 AM

"Wonka with a $125 million budget before marketing costs has a running global total of $151 million

by Anonymousreply 185December 22, 2023 9:15 AM

Warner Bros. spent $125 million to produce "Wonka," not including the many millions on global marketing efforts. Initial ticket sales are promising for a musical that's not part of an established franchise

With positive reviews and enthusiastic audience scores, the kid-friendly film hopes to keep up momentum around the busy holiday season to justify its budget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 22, 2023 9:25 AM

Overseas, it took in $53.6 million from 77 markets to come in well ahead of family classics like Paddington or musicals like The Greatest Showman and Mary Poppins Returns. The movie's global weekend haul of $92.6 million pushes the film's early worldwide total to $151.4 million, including a foreign tally of $112.4 million. (It opened early in England and Australia, along with a handful of other markets.)

by Anonymousreply 187December 22, 2023 9:28 AM

Who can beat Aquaman . . .with a dismal 45 Metascore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 22, 2023 9:42 AM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 189December 22, 2023 9:57 AM

r185 The studio only gets approximately half the box office. So it has to make $250 million to break even and that's without considering marketing costs.

by Anonymousreply 190December 22, 2023 10:17 AM

and where did you get that information R190 ? and will I need a colonoscope?

by Anonymousreply 191December 22, 2023 11:01 AM

There isn’t one universal figure. The split between exhibitors and distributors can be different for each film and is a point of negotiation when discussing the deal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 22, 2023 11:09 AM

Typical fangirl, running her mouth about it making back its money when she doesn't have a clue how this all actually works

by Anonymousreply 193December 22, 2023 11:24 AM

So, clue us in R193 since you seem to know how all the deals go down.

by Anonymousreply 194December 22, 2023 11:27 AM

I already did, you just want to pretend it doesn't apply to Chalamet

by Anonymousreply 195December 22, 2023 11:44 AM

R195 in other words you don't know the specifics

There isn’t one universal figure. The split between exhibitors and distributors can be different for each film and is a point of negotiation when discussing the deal.

by Anonymousreply 196December 22, 2023 11:53 AM

Timmy's already onto his next project, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 197December 22, 2023 11:53 AM

I feel fortunate that my fandom of any particular star/celebrity stops short of arguing with someone over box-office returns.

I don't need my taste in who I Stan, or hate, reinforced by whether a particular project flops or succeeds.

Not to mention that everybody involved, whether theatres, studios, producers and Chalamet are multi-millionaires if not billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 198December 22, 2023 12:31 PM

[quote] It's about the # of tickets sold not the number of theaters.

Wouldn't logic tell you that the more theaters, the more tickets sold. 700 vs. 469? Plus, Wonka should do better because it's a kids film, not a film made about men regaining their honor without having to be led by the strong female ( anti-Hollywood).

Wonka cost $125 million to produce

Godzilla cost $15 million to produce.

by Anonymousreply 199December 22, 2023 1:28 PM

r196 You don't know the specifics either, do you? You really think they managed to sign a deal for Wonka that gave them 100% of the box office? 50% is widely accepted as a valid approximate figure and has been for decades.

by Anonymousreply 200December 22, 2023 1:59 PM

[Quote] Wouldn't logic tell you that the more theaters, the more tickets sold. 700 vs. 469?

No R199 It's not about the availability of tickets or seats; it's the number of tickets sold.

by Anonymousreply 201December 22, 2023 2:57 PM

[Quote] 50% is widely accepted as a valid approximate figure and has been for decades.

Sure, Jan!

by Anonymousreply 202December 22, 2023 3:00 PM

I’m in too much of a blah mood to go to a movie right now

by Anonymousreply 203December 22, 2023 3:41 PM

[quote] lol.

LoL! :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 22, 2023 4:58 PM

Hugh Grant was the best part of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 205December 22, 2023 5:00 PM

I thought (generally) half of US box office goes to studio, but only 25% of foreign gross goes to studio. Promotion costs get added to overall costs, so the profit model is not great unless it’s a hit. So most big budget movies lose money but make it up from streaming and licensing (if they are lucky).

by Anonymousreply 206December 22, 2023 5:22 PM

“I was shocked to find out movie studios actually take between 80% to 100% of a movie theater’s sales revenue in the first two week,” Yang explained. “Then in subsequent weeks the ratio gradually becomes more favorable to the cinema, usually resulting in a 50:50 ratio.”

That means movie theaters make their revenue somewhere else: concession stands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 23, 2023 9:02 AM

So not into men who look like boys --- he's very boyish --- but there is something about him he is very charming and sweet in every interview. Wouldn't kick him out of bed especially after that Army Hammer movie.

by Anonymousreply 208December 23, 2023 2:13 PM

Charmie Amy

by Anonymousreply 209December 23, 2023 2:17 PM

R208: This is the same guy who flicked ash at the Beyonce concert and who ignored the press aide at Cannes who told him to get out of the photocall. For the life of me I don't get the people who say he's charming. As for his style, if any regular person were to wear what he wore, they'd be laughed at.

by Anonymousreply 210December 23, 2023 2:38 PM

And even if they're unaware of the stuff r210 mentions, every interview seems to be done with an overdone attempt at "aww shucks, I can't believe I made it to the big time" which is so obviously fake that it's hard to believe people fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 211December 23, 2023 4:35 PM

He's an it boy, aging towards being a shit boy.

by Anonymousreply 212December 23, 2023 5:00 PM

R211: Indeed he probably thinks his merit and talent got him to where he is today. Just forget he had relatives in the business. If his parents were big A list stars, he would’ve happened even faster. Moreover, the guy obviously thinks he’s way smarter than he actually is. Every answer in every press junket sounds like a lecture. He’s a narcissistic opportunist not a charmer.

by Anonymousreply 213December 23, 2023 5:20 PM

A famous or influential parent can get your foot in the door, but it cannot provide an ongoing career or repeated projects.

by Anonymousreply 214December 23, 2023 5:27 PM

It's so amusing how triggering he is to DLers.

by Anonymousreply 215December 23, 2023 5:41 PM

It's so amusing how triggering DLers are to fangirls

by Anonymousreply 216December 23, 2023 7:24 PM

Wonka was #2 for Friday Dec. 21 with $6.5M bringing its domestic total to $64 million. Aquaman opened at #1 with $.9.2 million.

by Anonymousreply 217December 23, 2023 7:57 PM

R217: Timmy’s a moderate to major drag at the box office. Sorry fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 218December 23, 2023 9:47 PM

Timmy won't have any trouble getting work for the next several years at least, unless he does something stupid like being "me too'd".

by Anonymousreply 219December 23, 2023 10:08 PM

I think he will peak with Dune. He doesn’t seem to have a face or body that will age well as a man. He’s almost 30 and still acts like a boy.

by Anonymousreply 220December 23, 2023 10:17 PM

He's 27 you moron r220.

by Anonymousreply 221December 23, 2023 11:31 PM

He turns 28 this month. That is almost 30. Moron.

by Anonymousreply 222December 23, 2023 11:37 PM

I wouldn't say no to gagging on his skinny white boy huge bent veiny dick.

by Anonymousreply 223December 23, 2023 11:41 PM

[Quote]Wonka will be gone by January

[Quote] No it isn't

[Quote] The fangirls just don't want to face the music

[Quote] It's not looking good for Dune 2

[Quote] No it won't

[Quote] Timmy's a moderate to major drag at the box office sorry fangirls

The words of a bitter queen.

by Anonymousreply 224December 24, 2023 1:03 AM

Looks can only get you so far and he won’t be a twink forever. He’ll definitely need talent if he wants longevity but so far he’s shown no interest in honing his craft or picking interesting, challenging projects.

by Anonymousreply 225December 24, 2023 5:57 PM

[quote] He’ll definitely need talent if he wants longevity

Um, we're talking about Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 226December 24, 2023 7:06 PM

Please. As if any of you spiteful bitches wouldn't mortgage your houses for the chance to get into my pants.

by Anonymousreply 227December 24, 2023 10:41 PM

I really recommend The Creator on Hulu. Great sci fi for adults.

by Anonymousreply 228December 25, 2023 1:31 AM

‘Wonka' Surpasses $250 Million Globally-VARIETY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229December 25, 2023 5:49 AM

[Quote] He’ll definitely need talent if he wants longevity 😆😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 230December 25, 2023 7:33 AM

R229 It has entered the realm of being mildly profitable.

by Anonymousreply 231December 25, 2023 10:03 AM

Box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 232December 25, 2023 11:48 AM

Meh . He still can't buy an ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233December 25, 2023 12:12 PM

[quote]He still can't buy an ass.

Timothee: Call me.

by Anonymousreply 234December 25, 2023 12:18 PM

Wonka domestic gross $85.5 M (11 days in release)

The Marvels $84.4M (46)

Napoleon $59.4M (34)

Godzilla Minus One $40.2 (24)

by Anonymousreply 235December 26, 2023 4:23 AM

R235 Godzilla Minus One had a budget of about 10% of Wonka's, so they're doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 236December 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Thanks r228. Really enjoyed the movie.

by Anonymousreply 237December 26, 2023 12:31 PM

We don't care about budget R236 we care about ticket sales.

by Anonymousreply 238December 26, 2023 7:36 PM

We care more for profits.

by Anonymousreply 239December 26, 2023 9:26 PM

so, you must be happy as Wonka is showing a larger profit than The Marvels, Napoleon and Aquaman.

Wonka domestic gross $85.5 M (11 days in release)

The Marvels $84.4M (46)

Napoleon $59.4M (34)

by Anonymousreply 240December 26, 2023 9:29 PM

🙋‍♂️💰🙋‍♀️💸

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 26, 2023 9:34 PM

🥱🥱🥱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 26, 2023 9:36 PM

Fuck that Wonka flop.

by Anonymousreply 243December 26, 2023 9:40 PM

(^.^) dour grapes!👿👿👿

by Anonymousreply 244December 26, 2023 9:42 PM

Dune 2's Box Office Just Got A Major Boost 3 Months Before Its Release

Timothée Chalamet's success in Wonka not only establishes him as a true star who can captivate audiences, but also raises anticipation for his involvement in Dune 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 26, 2023 9:45 PM

R245 is Timmy

by Anonymousreply 246December 26, 2023 9:50 PM

well, it certainly isn't Brie Larson or Hairlip Phoenix

by Anonymousreply 247December 26, 2023 9:56 PM

Adding ticket sales from "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" and "Wonka," the studio held the top three spots at the box office over the holiday.

It was a very Merry Christmas for Warner Bros. Discovery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 26, 2023 10:04 PM

I told ya’ll The Color Purple, black cinema, and black women was coming to save cinemas this Holiday flop season!

by Anonymousreply 249December 26, 2023 10:07 PM

[Quote] Fuck that Wonka flop.

Define flop! KOTFM $67.2M domestic gross after 67 days in release

Killers of the Flower Moon, directed by Martin Scorsese and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, has a reported budget of $200 million, the largest ever shot in Oklahoma.

The film needs to make at least $400 million at the box office to break even and be considered a success.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 26, 2023 10:16 PM

Who would have ever thought that musicals would be the surprise winners at the box-office this year, and superhero movies would be flopping everywhere?

Wonka and The Color Purple also outdoing Indiana Jones and Mission Impossible.

by Anonymousreply 251December 26, 2023 10:20 PM

Is Wonka at all related to Andy Cohen’s eye?

by Anonymousreply 252December 26, 2023 10:30 PM

They should have Timmy on Heartstopper as the foreign exchange student who wrecks all relationships.

by Anonymousreply 253December 27, 2023 4:23 PM

Wonka was #1 at the box office for Tuesday 12/26 followed by Aquaman and The Color Purple at # 2 and 3.

by Anonymousreply 254December 27, 2023 11:55 PM

R254: Fuck off you Wonka PR troll.

by Anonymousreply 255December 28, 2023 1:09 AM

Just got back from a showing. First of all, the trailer is very misleading: Hugh Grant is barely in the movie. In regards to Chalamet, his iteration is I'm sorry to say by far the worst. His quirky moments were cringeworthy and he struggled with the tone shifts like when he had to recall a sad memory. He just doesn't have the warmth required for the character.

by Anonymousreply 256December 28, 2023 1:20 AM

I saw it today. For the first half, I was bored to tears - it was just so twee. But around about the time Hugh Grant appeared, the pace picked up and it became much funnier. Maybe the director had the same idea as Butthead - if part of the film didn't suck, the other part wouldn't be as cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257December 28, 2023 1:24 AM

Just joining the thread now so maybe this has already been expressed but I thought it was like after they cast Timmy they had to downgrade most of the other musical talent so as not to overshadow his modest gifts. No one's singing or dancing impressed. He brought lots of sweetness but little else. I'm a fan but he really shouldn't be doing musicals.

by Anonymousreply 258December 28, 2023 1:28 AM

At my cinema, yesterday's showings of Wonka had only single seats left.

by Anonymousreply 259December 28, 2023 1:28 AM

My Christmas day matinee had rows and rows empty.

by Anonymousreply 260December 28, 2023 1:30 AM

It was very spotty at my Brooklyn theater showing and the auditorium where it screened is one of the larger auditoriums in the theater.

by Anonymousreply 261December 28, 2023 1:35 AM

[Quote] Fuck off you Wonka PR troll.

[Quote] Just got back from a showing. First of all, the trailer is very misleading: Hugh Grant is barely in the movie. In regards to Chalamet, his iteration is I'm sorry to say by far the worst. His quirky moments were cringeworthy and he struggled with the tone shifts like when he had to recall a sad memory. He just doesn't have the warmth required for the character.

Sure, Jan after 3 dozen posts knocking Tim O'Tay and the film no one would believe you'd pay money to see it R255 R256

by Anonymousreply 262December 28, 2023 1:43 AM

[Quote] I told ya’ll The Color Purple, black cinema, and black women was coming to save cinemas this Holiday flop season!

Sorry but Wonka was #1 and The Color Purple was 3rd in yesterday box office.

Wonka made $94M in domestic gross in 12 days,

by Anonymousreply 263December 28, 2023 1:50 AM

[Quote] My Christmas day matinee had rows and rows empty.

maybe you need to bathe

by Anonymousreply 264December 28, 2023 1:53 AM

R263: Still trying to defend this flop. I hope Warner Brothers is paying you by the hour.

by Anonymousreply 265December 28, 2023 1:53 AM

R265 I think your father's calling you: he's finished fucking your sister up the ass and wants you to lick the shit off his dick. Enjoy💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 266December 28, 2023 2:00 AM

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 267December 28, 2023 2:13 AM

R265 Truth is you're a flop! The film isn't.

.Wonka’s Sweet Success: Worldwide Profits Double Production Costs

According to Mojo, a U.S. box office tracking site on the 26th, ‘Wonka’ ranked second in the North American box office following ‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’ recording a revenue of $83.56 million (approximately 108.8 billion KRW). The worldwide box office revenue astonishingly reached $254.86 million (approximately 332 billion KRW), making it into the top 20 of the 2023 worldwide box office, doubling its production cost of $125 million. In addition, it continues its box office success by scoring high with real audiences including a 90% popcorn index on Rotten Tomatoes and an A- on CinemaScore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 28, 2023 2:17 AM

Sometimes what becomes a phenomenon is not quality but filling a desire. For Timothee he has that rare distinction to be an actor on the cover of Time when he was young like Meryl. But they are still figuring him out. He doesn’t really read as a man yet.

by Anonymousreply 269December 28, 2023 2:26 AM

[Quote] Doesn’t it have to make $75M in its opening weekend to have a chance of making its money back?

apparently not R88 See R268

by Anonymousreply 270December 28, 2023 2:31 AM

R269: The not reading as a man thing is particularly bad for him since he doesn't have the talent to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 271December 28, 2023 2:38 AM

[Quote] All that product placement and it didn't break $40mil. The word got out. Can we call it a fail in two or three weeks? Is that okay with you? Will that hurt your feelings?

The only hurt feelings are yours R140

by Anonymousreply 272December 28, 2023 2:41 AM

[Quote] Wonka will be gone by January. Lil Tim continues to scare away audiences especially male audiences.

wrong again R149

by Anonymousreply 273December 28, 2023 2:42 AM

Post Christmas Moviegoing Not Shiny & Bright As ‘Wonka' Bests ‘Aquaman 2' With Low $9M Tuesday – Box Office

☑️Warner Bros.' The Color Purple, which has completely revived the movie musical in a God-awful marketplace, saw $7M at 3,152, -61% from Christmas Day's $18.15M.

✅ Note that the musical's first day gross was boosted by a group sales program that the studio executed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274December 28, 2023 2:57 AM

All the Holiday movies were underwhelming and that includes WONKA. Suck on that fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 275December 28, 2023 2:59 AM

[Quote] All the Holiday movies were underwhelming and that includes WONKA. Suck on that fangirls.

Pete Repeat go back to sucking your father's dick loser.

by Anonymousreply 276December 28, 2023 3:04 AM

[Quote] It's not looking good for Dune 2.

Wrong again Trollina

Dune 2's Box Office Just Got A Major Boost 3 Months Before Its Release

Timothée Chalamet's success in Wonka not only establishes him as a true star who can captivate audiences, but also raises anticipation for his involvement in Dune 2.

by Anonymousreply 277December 28, 2023 3:27 AM

I don't think in these times it matters to general audiences that Chalamet doesn't "read as a man" or whatever. This isn't still the 1950s. It's his boyishness that's so winning.

Whether his popularity continues after he matures is a question, I suppose. But I think he has the talent to develop. Just hope he chooses the right projects.

by Anonymousreply 278December 28, 2023 3:29 AM

R277: What's this major boost? He's ugly inside and out and audiences actively avoid him.

by Anonymousreply 279December 28, 2023 3:35 AM

Wonka resumed the #1 spot a day after The Color Purple's opening and Aquaman opening weekend.

by Anonymousreply 280December 28, 2023 4:13 AM

[Quote] Sometimes what becomes a phenomenon is not quality but filling a desire.

Describes Barbie perfectly

by Anonymousreply 281December 28, 2023 4:15 AM

I saw it on Christmas. I loved it. Normally I never see happy heart warming movies .

I allowed myself to be lost in the singing, dancing , chocolate , corny plot … all of it ..you just have to suspend disbelief and let go momentarily of your cynicism

by Anonymousreply 282December 28, 2023 4:26 AM

We forgot to wish the mouse a happy birthday.

by Anonymousreply 283December 28, 2023 4:28 AM

Bless your heart R283 but the success of Wonka is the best birthday present he could get right now

by Anonymousreply 284December 28, 2023 6:31 AM

It has a surprising number of positive reviews and a high audience score as well

83% TOMATOMETER 284 Reviews

91% AUDIENCE SCORE 2,500+ Verified Ratings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 28, 2023 9:31 AM

R284: You fucking delusional fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 286December 28, 2023 12:32 PM

You fucking delusional haters.

by Anonymousreply 287December 28, 2023 2:46 PM

R287: Cinemas are on their way out and this Holiday season offered a poor crop of movies INCLUDING this flop POS Wonka. Go ahead show me some candy emojis you PR/fangirl troll.

by Anonymousreply 288December 28, 2023 2:50 PM

[Quote] Just got back from a showing. First of all, the trailer is very misleading: Hugh Grant is barely in the movie. In regards to Chalamet, his iteration is I'm sorry to say by far the worst. His quirky moments were cringeworthy and he struggled with the tone shifts like when he had to recall a sad memory. He just doesn't have the warmth required for the character.

Sounds like you have too much time on your hands R288 why spend time and money for a film you've spend dozens of posts putting down?

by Anonymousreply 289December 28, 2023 5:46 PM

😂🍭🍬🍫🍬^ spent

by Anonymousreply 290December 28, 2023 5:47 PM

On Wednesday, it was Warner Bros.' Wonka that won the day with $8M at 4,213 theaters, moving its running cume to $102.5M on its 13th day

⬇️Warner Bros.' musical, The Color Purple, which was brilliant out of the gate on Christmas Day with an $18.15M gross, boosted by group sales, continues to fall, with Wednesday down 45% from Tuesday to $3.9M at 3,152 theaters

by Anonymousreply 291December 28, 2023 6:10 PM

To be considered a success, The Color Purple needs to make $200 million at the box office, but it is expected to surpass that with its high critics score, positive reviews, and star-studded cast.

by Anonymousreply 292December 28, 2023 6:28 PM

💣💣💣

[Quote] I told ya’ll The Color Purple, black cinema, and black women was coming to save cinemas this Holiday flop season

Message from The Psychic Hotline

by Anonymousreply 293December 28, 2023 6:41 PM

[Quote] Wonka will be gone by January.

Surely you meant The Color Purple

by Anonymousreply 294December 28, 2023 6:44 PM

R278: He'll move to the CW so he can continue to play his one role: teenager in an ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 295December 28, 2023 8:07 PM

[quote]You fucking delusional fangirls.

[quote]: Cinemas are on their way out and this Holiday season offered a poor crop of movies INCLUDING this flop POS Wonka. Go ahead show me some candy emojis you PR/fangirl troll.

BWAAAAH!

[quote]“Wonka,” a family-friendly look at how Willy Wonka broke into the confection game, topped the box office on Wednesday, adding $8 million to push the film past the $100 million mark domestically. The movie’s stateside gross stands at a delicious $102.5 million. “Wonka” is also performing well overseas — its global haul of more than $270 million is a strong result for Warner Bros. and the film’s star, Timothée Chalamet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 28, 2023 8:29 PM

And yet still not profitable. At this rate it may just break even, hardly the hit the over-sugared fangirl here wants to pretend it is

by Anonymousreply 297December 28, 2023 8:58 PM

You talking about The Color Purple R297?

To be considered a success, The Color Purple needs to make $200 million at the box office

by Anonymousreply 298December 28, 2023 9:58 PM

No, Wonka you dumb cunt. God, when do the school holidays end?

In other news, here's Timothee on a not at all staged shopping run, where he entirely coincidentally happens to be photographed looking at a book of...Dune, right next to a book - entirely coincidentally of course - of Bob Dylan.

Staged pap shoots. Imagine having the same desperation levels as Shawn Mendes. That right there tells you how much of a 'success' Wonka is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 28, 2023 10:09 PM

Going, going, gone!

MONDAY #1 $18.1M

TUESDAY #3 $7M

WEDNESDAY #4 $3.8M.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 28, 2023 10:14 PM

Wonka’s Sweet Success: Worldwide Profits Double Production Costs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 28, 2023 10:17 PM

R299: The mask suits him well. He should wear it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 302December 28, 2023 10:22 PM

r301 Except, once again, it isn't profitable. But you've already proven you know fuck all about how the box office works

r302 Him copying Leo

by Anonymousreply 303December 28, 2023 10:24 PM

Take your father's dick out of your mouth and tell us how the box office works R303?

“I was shocked to find out movie studios actually take between 80% to 100% of a movie theater’s sales revenue in the first two week,” Yang explained. “Then in subsequent weeks the ratio gradually becomes more favorable to the cinema, usually resulting in a 50:50 ratio.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304December 28, 2023 10:28 PM

better yet R303 let a finance expert explain.

by Anonymousreply 305December 28, 2023 10:35 PM

" . . . movie studios actually take between 80% to 100% of a movie theater’s sales revenue in the first two week,”

and Wonka is only in its 2nd week!

by Anonymousreply 306December 28, 2023 10:48 PM

R304 that is such a superficial article.

by Anonymousreply 307December 29, 2023 5:34 AM

Newsflash: Timmy isn't going away anytime soon, even if every movie he was in tanks.

by Anonymousreply 308December 29, 2023 5:40 AM

Box Office: ‘Wonka' Emerges as Christmas Winner, Crosses $100M in U.S. as ‘Aquaman 2' Drowns

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 29, 2023 5:40 AM

[Quote] that is such a superficial article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 29, 2023 9:55 AM

R308: The lies you fangirls tell yourselves. Hollywood cares about one thing only - bankability.

by Anonymousreply 311December 29, 2023 12:12 PM

r304 And yet internationally the share is much more in favour of the cinemas, which is why everyone accepts 50% as a figure it broadly averages out to. I know you desperately want to make believe it isn't the case, but it is. After all, there's a reason you keep linking to bullshit sites no-one has ever heard of. Funny how you can't link to any articles from the actual trades saying it's profitable, isn't it? If this were making the kind of profit you claim, you actually think WB wouldn't be issuing press releases left, right and centre?

Chalamet really does attract the dumbest of the dumb when it comes to fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 312December 29, 2023 12:22 PM

R311 I thought they only cared about diversity and virtue signaling.

by Anonymousreply 313December 29, 2023 1:26 PM

R312 Where did you get those numbers R312 and will I need a colonoscope to read it. 💩💩💩

by Anonymousreply 314December 29, 2023 6:41 PM

Box Office:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 315December 29, 2023 6:55 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 316December 29, 2023 7:02 PM

On its 13th day in North American theaters, Wonka crosses a major milestone at the domestic box office that only 23 movies have done so far this year.

Looks good to me

by Anonymousreply 317December 29, 2023 7:18 PM

Pick a movie chain. Go to their corporate website, and view their annual or quarterly report. I'll pick AMC, and linked to their most recent quarterly. Go the Financial Statements. Two key figures you're looking for - the revenue from Admissions, and then the costs of exhibition.

[quote]Admissions (Q2023) $797.7 (Q2022) $545.3 (Y2023) $2,075.9 (Y2022) $1,640.1

[quote]Film exhibition costs (Q2023) $398.5 (Q2022) $263.2 (Y2023) $1,027.8 (Y2022) $781.7

Gosh, would you look at that. Those film exhibition costs - the sums paid to the distributors and studios - just happen to be right around half the revenue brought in by admissions. What a coincidence!

But hey, I'm sure some random blog is more reliable than what a company files with the SEC.

The funniest thing is that by refusing to engage with reality, all you're actually doing is showing that deep down you know Wonka isn't the hit you're trying to pretend it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 29, 2023 8:19 PM

R318 that gobbledygook doesn't indicate what the box office split between studios and theaters is nor does it prove that Wonka isn't a hit.

by Anonymousreply 319December 29, 2023 9:19 PM

Popcorn, soft drinks, candy, hot dogs, wine and beer.

by Anonymousreply 320December 29, 2023 11:57 PM

r319 You actually are an idiot, aren't you? How many times have you DMed Chalamet a link to this thread hoping he'll thank you and take you to Olive Garden?

by Anonymousreply 321December 30, 2023 12:12 AM

R3218, That corporate bullshit sounds great, except they left out the main thing: the projection Quality Control stinks, and the images are often 10 or 20 or more percent darker than it should be.

by Anonymousreply 322December 30, 2023 12:16 AM

It's like anything else, if you want quality don't go mass-market. Applies to AMC and applies to Chalamet too.

by Anonymousreply 323December 30, 2023 12:18 AM

Timothée Chalamet retained his holiday season crown as “Wonka” topped the box office on Thursday. The family film, which looks at chocolatier Willy Wonka and his quest to open the world’s most fantastical candy company, earned $8 million, pushing its domestic gross to $110.6 million. “Wonka” carries an $125 million budget and has been a success overseas, where it has earned more than $180 million.

The Color Purple remains at #4

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324December 30, 2023 1:49 AM

R318: Numbers don't lie. The fangirls and Chalamet's employees just don't want to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 325December 30, 2023 4:03 AM

[Quote] Numbers don't lie.

but you do R325

by Anonymousreply 326December 30, 2023 4:10 AM

[Quote] Apparently he promised to greet people in the fan zone who waited for five hours in the cold but changed his mind once he got inside. Kids were apparently left in tears. Scumbag..

by Anonymousreply 327December 30, 2023 4:14 AM

[Quote] Extras were told not to stare at him.

by Anonymousreply 328December 30, 2023 4:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 329December 30, 2023 4:16 AM

Review.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330December 30, 2023 4:21 AM

It's a MUSICAL? Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 331December 30, 2023 4:49 AM

I'm with you R331

by Anonymousreply 332December 30, 2023 8:28 AM

Not only is Timothee's Wonka a crowd-pleasing success, but it turns out he really does have a big thick dick that shoots massive watery loads.

by Anonymousreply 333December 30, 2023 8:43 AM

'It is key that the movie is showing longevity despite so many different movies taking up space in theaters. This means that Wonka could continue to leg out to a strong result in the new year, as holiday season hits tend to perform consistently through January. This is what buoyed the December 2017 sleeper hit The Greatest Showman, which eventually earned $434.9 million worldwide despite a meager $8.8 million opening.'

SCREERANT

by Anonymousreply 334December 30, 2023 8:53 AM

The Greatest Showman was the 21st highest-grossing movie of 2017.

With this new influx of cash, the Wonka musical is already holding a solid place as the 18th highest-grossing movie of 2023 worldwide. Once international grosses for Tuesday have been factored in, it may have already risen to No. 17, above the smash hit Creed III. While it may be difficult for it to rise above No. 15, where The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes sits at $315.3 million, the movie is a strong performer that shouldn’t be overlooked for its future potential given its ability to claw its way back up the chart.

Release Date 2023-12-15 Director Paul King Cast Rowan Atkinson, Timothee Chalamet, Jim Carter, Sally Hawkins, Olivia Colman, Keegan-Michael Key Genres Family, Comedy, Adventure Writers Simon Farnaby, Paul King Budget $125 million Studio(s) Warner Bros. Pictures Distributor(s) Warner Bros. Pictures

by Anonymousreply 335December 30, 2023 9:08 AM

Nothing says "totally sane and well adjusted" like posting multiple posts in a row

by Anonymousreply 336December 30, 2023 12:32 PM

there’s no one sane and well adjusted left on DL but it seems pretty clear now that Wonka is a hit?

no matter how much you personally may dislike the film or Tim-o-tay, it’s clearly done well

by Anonymousreply 337December 30, 2023 3:34 PM

I hold two simultaneous, contradictory reactions to Wonka.

I've seen it twice and really enjoyed it both times for what it is- a frothy, fun, meaningless, inconsequential, gorgeously produced musical of the kind that you don't see any more. It reminded me of those overproduced UK musicals form the 60s and 70s.

Then I watched Fish Jelly's review of it- they hated it- and I agree with them, too!

by Anonymousreply 338December 30, 2023 3:43 PM

He's eating a brownie....later he will be eating me. Heeeheeeeheeeee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339December 30, 2023 3:49 PM

Wrong thread, R349?

by Anonymousreply 340December 30, 2023 4:04 PM

Wrong thread, R339?

by Anonymousreply 341December 30, 2023 4:04 PM

Wonka retained the #1 spot for Friday Dec. 29 with an increase of 32.3% in box office from the previous Friday Dec. 22. for a total domestic gross of $119.2M

by Anonymousreply 342December 30, 2023 5:13 PM

SATURDAY AM: Refresh for updates Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and he's delivering the motion picture industry a $9 billion-plus year at the domestic box office; a feat many thought was unimaginable with the lack of a mega-tentpole over the holiday with a Q4 impacted by the double strikes. But it was a diversified crop of family and adult films which got us there including the Warner Bros.' trifecta of Wonka (which is leading the 4-day New Year's Box Office with $33M), Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (4-day $26M) and The Color Purple ($16.2M 4-day); as well as adult movies like The Boys in the Boat ($11.6M 4-day) and even YA romantic comedy, Anyone But You ($11.3M 4-day). As we told you last week, 2024 is bound to shed about $1 billion for an $8 billion take due to a lower inventory of wide releases and Q1 sans several tentpoles.

by Anonymousreply 343December 30, 2023 5:14 PM

[Quote] Probably more like $300 million once marketing costs are included

Wonka cost about $125 million to produce. Does Rose really think an additional $175M was spent on marketing costs? WTF!

by Anonymousreply 344December 30, 2023 5:25 PM

The actress who played Noodle was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 345December 30, 2023 5:27 PM

[Quote] They're hoping this has long legs, be interesting to see how much drop off there is next week, now the secret is out that it's a musical

Wrong again Rose. The film is going into the New Year's weekend still at #1

by Anonymousreply 346December 30, 2023 5:29 PM

The sweet smell of success!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347December 30, 2023 5:37 PM

The fangirl is back to denying reality and thinking studios take all of the box office

by Anonymousreply 348December 30, 2023 5:43 PM

(^.^.) Miss Representation is back and clutching at straws

by Anonymousreply 349December 30, 2023 5:52 PM

The Color Purple is still stuck at #4 Oprah needs to buy more tickets!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350December 30, 2023 6:00 PM

[Quote] studios take all of the box office

said no one ever R348

by Anonymousreply 351December 30, 2023 6:11 PM

R348: The fangirls are beyond insufferable in the way they spin things.

by Anonymousreply 352December 30, 2023 6:12 PM

I worry that Jason Momoa's career is over, and that Fantasia will never get another lead role in a film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353December 30, 2023 6:23 PM

r351 Explain your post at r344 then. Or are you now realising how much of an idiot you are?

r352 The funniest thing is they're admitting they can only spin Wonka as a big success by lying about the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 354December 30, 2023 6:43 PM

R354 Explanations are useless to those who lack reading comprehension.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355December 30, 2023 6:48 PM

r355 In other words you can't. Why are you even here?

by Anonymousreply 356December 30, 2023 6:50 PM

I don't know why anybody is surprised and/or dismayed that Wonka is pulling in audiences.

It's the Winter holidays, kids are out of school, parents want to park them somewhere for a couple of hours, and, given that Wonka is better (its production value and appeal can't be denied) than some of the other schlock that's offered as kid and family friendly, why not go to Wonka?

I also think there is something to the observation that, given the state of the world right now, people are looking for light escapism, and Wonka is just what the doctor ordered.

The showing I attended was damn near sold-out and those there were from all ages and genders, tots to teens to adults and older adults and a lot of them looked like they were in family groups.

And I write this as not invested one way or another when it comes to Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 357December 30, 2023 7:01 PM

The film's $120 million budget, combined with an assumed marketing budget of over $100 million, Wonka needs to generate at least $240 million at the box office to make a profit for Warner Bros. While it was originally supposed to hit theaters in March 2023, the film's new December release date couldn't have been better timing for generating big audience numbers, as families and groups of friends may choose a trip to the movies to see Wonka as a holiday outing.

as of Wednesday its global haul was more than $270 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358December 30, 2023 7:03 PM

r357 No-one's surprised, the tireless recycling of IP is a long-established draw. The only debate being had here is an idiotic fangirl who thinks that movie studios get 100% of the box office. See r358 for an example of that idiocy, trying to back it up with an article written by a Chalamet fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 359December 30, 2023 7:06 PM

"Wonka" will pass $300 million in global box office grosses this weekend and is on pace to pass $150 million domestic sometime next week. In a year where its box office fortunes have largely been defined by "Barbie" and DC, this is a film that is shaping up to be a solid victory for Warner Bros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360December 30, 2023 7:06 PM

Forgot to add, at, r357.

I do think it's fair and reasonable to raise the question if, at any other time of the year, would Wonka have pulled in the audience it had now?

I have my doubts. And I write that as one who enjoyed Wonka.

But credit to the producers for choosing this time to release Wonka. There could not have been any other better time when it comes to maximizing the box office returns.

by Anonymousreply 361December 30, 2023 7:08 PM

R359 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

by Anonymousreply 362December 30, 2023 7:08 PM

WHET Timothy Olyphant? He’s hot

by Anonymousreply 363December 30, 2023 8:28 PM

Wonka is a big success. It will probably do around $500 million when all is said and done, which is much better than anyone predicted. Like The Wizard of Oz, there is a lot of love out there for Willie Wonka.

It's funny to me how audiences very much want to see fun and lively musicals, like Wonka and The Greatest Showman, but don't give a damn about Sondheim or Andrew Lloyd Weber musicals. Even Mary Poppins made $350 million, while Spielberg's West Side Story only made $76 million. Sondheim and ALW are box-office poison.

by Anonymousreply 364December 30, 2023 8:48 PM

R364: Audiences have weird tastes when it comes to musicals. It’s the same thing on Broadway. Back to the Future - really that’s what people are dying to see on Broadway, Back to the Future and its mediocre script?

by Anonymousreply 365December 30, 2023 9:42 PM

New Year’s Weekend 4-day chart (as of Saturday)

1.) Wonka (WB) 4,115 (-98) theaters, Fri $8.6M (+32%) 3-day $25M (+39%), 4-day $33M/Total $143.6M/Wk 3

2.) Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (WB) 3,787 (+81) theaters, Fri $6.75M 3-day $19.4M (-30%), 4-day $26M/Total $84.3M/Wk 2

3.) Migration (Ill/Uni) 3,839 (+78) theaters, Fri $6.7M (+17%) 3-day $16.67M (+34%), 4-day $21.5M, Total $58.5M/ Wk 2

4.) The Color Purple (WB) 3,203 theaters, Fri $4.1M, 3-day $12.2M, 4-day

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 30, 2023 10:32 PM

R366: Let me guess you think Napoleon and The Hunger Games prequel are mega hits too. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 367December 30, 2023 10:41 PM

R367 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

by Anonymousreply 368December 30, 2023 10:41 PM

Timothee blows Aquaman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 30, 2023 10:51 PM

R369: And still not profitable.

by Anonymousreply 370December 30, 2023 11:04 PM

R370 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

by Anonymousreply 371December 31, 2023 12:36 AM

by Anonymousreply 372December 31, 2023 12:39 AM

(^.^) owner of a lonely bone

by Anonymousreply 373December 31, 2023 12:41 AM

For the first time in ages, female movie-goers are driving the box-office. Barbie, Wonka and Taylor Swift's concert film were all successful because of women. Meanwhile, all the guy pictures are bombing.

by Anonymousreply 374December 31, 2023 1:19 AM

R374: Honey Wonka is no Barbie. Barbie is actually a hit.

by Anonymousreply 375December 31, 2023 1:27 AM

Still delusional

by Anonymousreply 376December 31, 2023 2:17 AM

and The Holdovers, Aquaman, The Color Purple, Priscilla, Napoleon and Godzilla are no Wonka. R375 Wonka surpassed their box office intake a week ago.

by Anonymousreply 377December 31, 2023 3:26 AM

R377: Learn how the box office system works fangirls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 31, 2023 3:35 AM

R378 that article is from Dec. 16th now 250 million dollars later . . . that article is a relic like you.

Do try and keep up

by Anonymousreply 379December 31, 2023 3:49 AM

R379: Fuck off PR bot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380December 31, 2023 3:55 AM

'It is key that the movie is showing longevity despite so many different movies taking up space in theaters. This means that Wonka could continue to leg out to a strong result in the new year, as holiday season hits tend to perform consistently through January. This is what buoyed the December 2017 sleeper hit The Greatest Showman, which eventually earned $434.9 million worldwide despite a meager $8.8 million opening.'

SCREERANT

Do try and stay current R380

by Anonymousreply 381December 31, 2023 4:04 AM

latest box office

New Year’s Weekend 4-day chart (as of Saturday)

1.) Wonka (WB) 4,115 (-98) theaters, Fri $8.6M (+32%) 3-day $25M (+39%), 4-day $33M/Total $143.6M/Wk 3

2.) Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (WB) 3,787 (+81) theaters, Fri $6.75M 3-day $19.4M (-30%), 4-day $26M/Total $84.3M/Wk 2

3.) Migration (Ill/Uni) 3,839 (+78) theaters, Fri $6.7M (+17%) 3-day $16.67M (+34%), 4-day $21.5M, Total $58.5M/ Wk 2

4.) The Color Purple (WB) 3,203 theaters, Fri $4.1M, 3-day $12.2M, 4-day

by Anonymousreply 382December 31, 2023 4:10 AM

[Quote] I told ya’ll The Color Purple, black cinema, and black women was coming to save cinemas this Holiday flop season!

are you kidding!

by Anonymousreply 383December 31, 2023 4:17 AM

like Oprah, The Color purple seems to be on Ozempic; its box office is shrinking rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 384December 31, 2023 4:18 AM

but who will save The Color Purple?

by Anonymousreply 385December 31, 2023 4:21 AM

“Wonka” will pass $300 million in global box office grosses this weekend and is on pace to pass $150 million domestic sometime next week. In a year where its box office fortunes have largely been defined by “Barbie” and DC, this is a film that is shaping up to be a solid victory for Warner Bros.

as you said R325 numbers don't lie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386December 31, 2023 4:34 AM

This film has exceeded all expectations for box office.

Thanks for these box office threads. I love the fighting and denial of facts.

by Anonymousreply 387December 31, 2023 5:42 AM

R369 Not for the first time.

by Anonymousreply 388December 31, 2023 6:02 AM

Girls, Girls. Can we get back to discussing Timmy's slim pins and big hot bent cock?

by Anonymousreply 389December 31, 2023 6:33 AM

Like "Barbie," "Wonka" apparently offers escapism and childhood nostalgia for adults, colorful charm and fantasy for kids, and an appealing star (or two) going for it, as well as timing for when children are at home and underfoot.

I for one am not interested in the slightest, but then I doubt if I'm in the intended audience anyway. Plus I've never seen the Wilder or Depp iterations.

by Anonymousreply 390December 31, 2023 7:00 AM

R374, You can add "Elvis." Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 391December 31, 2023 7:02 AM

[Quote] You think a multi-million dollar Hollywood production taking in a sub-$39M opening weekend is a heroic triumph?

that's more than Baz Luhrmann's Elvis made in it's opening weekend I didn't realize Elvis was a flop!😂😁🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392December 31, 2023 11:04 AM

Still can't find any reputable site actually saying it's profitable, eh?

I do like how the fangirl is now so broken she's actually making up terms - "box office intake" indeed.

by Anonymousreply 393December 31, 2023 11:42 AM

R392, "Elvis" was not a flop, silly arse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394December 31, 2023 4:05 PM

Unless I missed the sarcasm, r392.

by Anonymousreply 395December 31, 2023 4:06 PM

Wishing you a quick. productive unclenching R394 for the New Year🥳🎉🎊

by Anonymousreply 396December 31, 2023 7:29 PM

Elvis grossed $288 million worldwide; Wonka is nearing $400M

Deadline Warner Bros Titles Deliver $700M Worldwide In December As ‘Wonka' Nears $400M & ‘Aquaman 2' Tops $260M; Universal & Paramount Pics Hit Milestones During Holidays – International Box Office Story by Nancy Tartaglione • 1h

Warner Bros Titles Deliver $700M Worldwide In December As ‘Wonka' Nears $400M & ‘Aquaman 2' Tops $260M; Universal & Paramount Pics Hit Milestones During Holidays – International Box Office Warner Bros Titles Deliver $700M Worldwide In December As ‘Wonka' Nears $400M & ‘Aquaman 2' Tops $260M; Universal & Paramount Pics Hit Milestones During Holidays – International Box Office © WB, Paramount, Universal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397December 31, 2023 8:00 PM

Willy Wonka, has continued to impress at the box office with $142 million domestically and $386.9 million worldwide to date. It cost $100 million, making it a worthy revisit to the world of pure imagination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398December 31, 2023 8:25 PM

YAY KING TIMMY

by Anonymousreply 399December 31, 2023 8:32 PM

R399: Don’t make the mistake of assuming this was a modest hit because of him. As other fangirls have said, it’s an IP, kids and families are off from school and work, there was weak competition, and people are looking for escapism. Timing was key and I don’t know if it would’ve pulled those same numbers if released in March. I don’t know what they were thinking with that March date.

by Anonymousreply 400December 31, 2023 8:36 PM

R393: Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 401December 31, 2023 8:38 PM

I’m shocked it didn’t do better at the Globes. I think it could still get in for Best Picture at the Oscars. Should definitely be in the running for some of the below the line categories.

by Anonymousreply 402December 31, 2023 8:44 PM

I saw Wonka today with my kiddo & I wasn’t expecting much. I’m not the biggest fan of TC but I realise it’s more the real him that grates on me than his acting ability. I thought it was brilliant. I genuinely enjoyed it. It seems to have been a big hit over Christmas in the UK. At my local Vue Cinema it was on 11/14 screens over the entire school holidays.

by Anonymousreply 403December 31, 2023 8:50 PM

R400 is Oprah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404December 31, 2023 8:53 PM

Wonka is going to make more than Dune pt. 1, and probably pt. 2 as well. Who saw that coming?

by Anonymousreply 405December 31, 2023 9:07 PM

The mediocre box office for The Color Purple baffles me. Rape, incest, abuse and racism; what more could you want from a musical.

by Anonymousreply 406December 31, 2023 9:30 PM

Does Timmy have “an” IP?

by Anonymousreply 407December 31, 2023 10:29 PM

[quote] YAY KING TIMMY

I’m so happy.

by Anonymousreply 408December 31, 2023 10:30 PM

It’s an ugly spectacle and won’t make nearly as much as the last film in the Wonka franchise before inflation.

by Anonymousreply 409January 1, 2024 3:27 AM

My theory about TCP not doing better is that there are too many bootleg DVDs out there now. Millions of people are watching, only at home and nearly for free.

by Anonymousreply 410January 1, 2024 3:48 AM

My theory R410 is that Oprah needed to pay more people to fill those seats

by Anonymousreply 411January 1, 2024 6:34 AM

Elvis' domestic gross reached $142.5 million on its 55th day of release; Wonka grossed $142.7 million in 18 days!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412January 1, 2024 6:55 AM

The Box Office power of children.

by Anonymousreply 413January 1, 2024 11:39 AM

Next up, Timmy will be cast in the remake of "Caligula".

by Anonymousreply 414January 1, 2024 3:31 PM

[quote] Next up, Timmy will be cast in the remake of "Caligula".

I’d love to see that with his beautiful face and lithe, thin body without muscles.

by Anonymousreply 415January 1, 2024 3:32 PM

I'd like someone to cast Timmy in the movie version of Dancer from the Dance. At first, I thought Malone. OTOH, he might make an exquisite Sutherland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 1, 2024 3:38 PM

Timmy continues makes the box office his bitch

The rancid breathed haters are seething

by Anonymousreply 417January 1, 2024 4:32 PM

"[C]ontinues," r417?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418January 1, 2024 4:52 PM

Mouseboy is an action flop and now a festive flop. Haha!

by Anonymousreply 419January 1, 2024 5:03 PM

R418: Don’t forget The King, Beautiful Boy, The French Dispatch. Even the first Dune wasn’t that huge.

by Anonymousreply 420January 1, 2024 5:04 PM

Timmy is permanently A list

He’s going to be in all media for a very long while

His Datalounge haters will be permanently frothing at their fat lips, even though Timmy doesn’t know they exist

Your every irrational hateful comment about Timothee “King” Chalamet is music to the ears

Timmy lives in your head, and you can nothing about it

by Anonymousreply 421January 1, 2024 5:18 PM

R421: You’re not permanently A list when you have no talent and your movies keep bombing dumbass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 1, 2024 5:24 PM

Poor Matt Anscher….unwanted, unloved and hideously ugly

Obsession with Timmy means that you are Timmy bitch

by Anonymousreply 423January 1, 2024 5:31 PM

Gaze upon Tim Chalamet irrational obsessional hater

Grim

This face makes me sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424January 1, 2024 5:34 PM

Because nothing says A list like getting involved with the Kardashians and doing staged pap walks

by Anonymousreply 425January 1, 2024 5:36 PM

Are you an Oscar nominated actor r425?

Does anyone notice you at all?

Timmy is not going away.

Your tears are delicious.

by Anonymousreply 426January 1, 2024 6:07 PM

Sure, Jan

"Wonka," a musical fantasy that has been the biggest hit of the holiday season, topped the box office on New Year's Eve, closing 2023 on a sweet note. The film, which stars Timothée Chalamet as a more youthful Willy Wonka, grossed $22.7 million for the weekend and a projected $29.5 million for the four-day holiday. That brings the domestic gross to $140.2 million, a strong result for the $125 million production. Globally, the Warner Bros. release is hovering around $400 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427January 1, 2024 6:51 PM

R426: I thought he was supposed to get nominated for Beautiful Boy. PS he’ll go away when he hits puberty haha!

by Anonymousreply 428January 1, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote] Wonka has officially won the final domestic weekend box office of 2023 with a sweet performance of $23.9 million in its third week in theaters

Suck it fuggo haters

Another feather in Timmy’s crown

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429January 1, 2024 7:02 PM

R442 🥱🥱🥱

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430January 1, 2024 7:09 PM

r426 Is that really the best you could manage? For someone you're so certain is a star, you fangirls sure seem insecure about that 'fact'

by Anonymousreply 431January 1, 2024 7:10 PM

R431 Timmy an international star and nobody notices you in real life. Volunteer and get your fat carcass out of your hovel. You are wasting your time hating a person who doesn’t know you exist.

✨TIMOTHEE CHALAMET A LISTER✨

[quote]He has received various accolades, including nominations for an Academy Award, three Golden Globe Awards, and three BAFTA Film Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432January 1, 2024 7:17 PM

R431: Just like they’re so insecure about the fact that it’s a “blockbuster hit.” They keep posting the same Deadline articles over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 433January 1, 2024 7:21 PM

Google “Wonka box office” if you know how do that, and you’ll see that many new outlets are reporting on the Timmy’s movie

Or read the links which we already published in this thread. Have you had your eyes checked lately, senile grandpa at r433?

[quote] Hollywood closed out an up and down 2023 with “Wonka” regaining No. 1 at the box office

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434January 1, 2024 7:29 PM

Look at our boy Timmy, wowing the press and fans in Japan

BOW DOWN fugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435January 1, 2024 7:33 PM

Look at our boy Timmy, wowing the press and fans in France

BOW DOWN fugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436January 1, 2024 7:35 PM

R435: I see only one fug in that photo there. God you fangirls are delusional psychos.

by Anonymousreply 437January 1, 2024 7:36 PM

Look at our boy Timmy, wowing the press and fans in Britain

BOW DOWN fugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438January 1, 2024 7:36 PM

Look at our boy Timmy, wowing the press and fans in Canada

BOW DOWN fugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439January 1, 2024 7:37 PM

Look at our boy Timmy, wowing the press and fans in America

BOW DOWN fugs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440January 1, 2024 7:38 PM

[quote] Wonka,” a musical fantasy that has been the biggest hit of the holiday season, topped the box office on New Year’s Eve, closing 2023 on a sweet note. The film, which stars Timothée Chalamet as a more youthful Willy Wonka, grossed $22.7 million for the weekend and a projected $29.5 million for the four-day holiday. That brings the domestic gross to $140.2 million, a strong result for the $125 million production. Globally, the Warner Bros. release is hovering around $400 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441January 1, 2024 7:44 PM

Lick the chocolate from Mouseboy’s scrawny ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442January 1, 2024 7:49 PM

Suck it Matt Anscher. No one will care when your bloated corpse is discovered after two months after you die of loneliness.

🌟⭐️ALL HAIL OUR LORD AND SAVIOR TIMMY ⭐️🌟

[quote] This weekend, “Wonka” proved too sweet to miss as it bested “Color Purple” and a third Warner Bros. holiday release —”Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom” — to bring its North American cumulative to $134.6 million in its third week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443January 1, 2024 7:54 PM

R443: Face it he didn’t bring the charm and he was totally miscast. People are watching Saltburn at home as they rightfully should.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444January 1, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote] It came in second behind “Wonka,” the Timothee Chalamet-led film about the beloved and eccentric chocolatier which has continued to be a success story this holiday season.

[quote]Wonka will take the top spot at the box-office this weekend with $24 million for the three-day (up 33% from last week) and $31.8 million for the four-day. It has also racked up an outstanding $386.9 million worldwide to date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445January 1, 2024 7:58 PM

[quote]Wonka performed exceptionally well at the global box office, grossing $386.9 million against a $125 million budget.

[quote] The film experienced significant growth in international box office numbers, with notable increases in several countries.

Cry harder hideous haters…this means you especially Matt Anscher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446January 1, 2024 8:01 PM

[quote]Timmy an international star and nobody notices you in real life. Volunteer and get your fat carcass out of your hovel. You are wasting your time hating a person who doesn’t know you exist.

This is absolutely hilarious from the fangirl who spends hours posting the same links, who was even posting on Christmas Day, who has repeatedly gone back through the thread to find quotes from other posters - and all for a person who doesn't know you exist.

Projection, much? Go back to having sex with the homeless, as you 'brag' about in your other thread. Explains your attraction to "Timmy" I guess.

Oh, and still no links to any trades reporting it's profitable, eh?

by Anonymousreply 447January 1, 2024 8:36 PM

Ugly loon ^

GO TIMMY

by Anonymousreply 448January 1, 2024 8:46 PM

r433 Interesting too how they - well, let's be honest, it's just the one frau - can't even pretend to be a normal person. You just need to read the post and immediately you're hit by how insane she sounds. I guess that's the problem with those fangirl bubbles, they forget how normal people interact.

by Anonymousreply 449January 1, 2024 8:55 PM

^ Cry harder fug

We will drink your tears

⭐️ TIMMY IS UNSTOPPABLE ⭐️

by Anonymousreply 450January 1, 2024 9:04 PM

I beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 451January 1, 2024 9:05 PM

^ The human mortality table means that you will dead soon, and more life, love and Timmy for us

No one will notice that you’ve died, alone and unwanted

👑 TIMMY IS THE KING 👑

by Anonymousreply 452January 1, 2024 9:09 PM

The current grosses for the film about a young Willy Wonka cover the $125 million budget.

That was enough to best the Jason Momoa-led Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, which took in $19.5 million on its second weekend of release, bringing its total box office so far to $84.7 million.

The much-talked-about Oprah Winfrey-produced musical remake of The Color Purple, which should have a strong showing during awards season, brought in $13 million from

by Anonymousreply 453January 1, 2024 9:12 PM

Going to pretend marketing costs don't exist now, huh?

by Anonymousreply 454January 1, 2024 9:18 PM

This is what happens when you cast someone with even less charisma than Johnny Depp. He will be the least remembered Willy Wonka. Suck on Chalamet’s cock fangurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455January 1, 2024 9:26 PM

R449, The only thing worse than a fan girl is a person attacking a fan girl and pretending to be normal

by Anonymousreply 456January 1, 2024 9:30 PM

R454 wishing you a speedy productive unclenching for the New Year

by Anonymousreply 457January 1, 2024 9:33 PM

Notice that all r455 posts are YouTube videos with 10s of views by creators with small subscriber counts.

Rather than hard numbers posted by the major entertainment publications.

Matt Anscher, you are as stupid as you are sickening to look at.

Kill your self. It will be a relief to all your fellow Jews, because you’re giving the God’s Chosen People a bad name.

💫 TIMMY CHALAMET IS A SUPERLATIVE ARTIST AND WE ARE ALL EXTREMELY LUCKY TO HAVE HIM 💫

by Anonymousreply 458January 1, 2024 9:35 PM

[Quote] Notice that all [R455] posts are YouTube videos with 10s of views by creators with small subscriber counts.

aka angry cellar dwelling INCELs

by Anonymousreply 459January 1, 2024 9:42 PM

those who live in Da Nile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460January 1, 2024 9:52 PM

R444 I never miss Mallory and Sam . . .said no one ever

by Anonymousreply 461January 1, 2024 9:57 PM

[quote] DOMESTIC (36.9%) $142,762,717 INTERNATIONAL (63.1%) $244,400,000 WORLDWIDE $387,162,717

🙇🏼‍♂️🙇🏾‍♂️BOW DOWN TO TIMMY🙇🏻‍♂️🙇🏿‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462January 1, 2024 10:03 PM

Got to love the fangirl accusing others of being angry while she's telling people to kill themselves because they don't like her favourite celeb.

For someone whose fav has apparently just been in a hit, you seem oddly angry and upset. Almost like you don't quite believe the things you're saying.

by Anonymousreply 463January 1, 2024 10:33 PM

With all my heart and soul: Matt Anscher should “unalive” himself.

Immediately.

And with extreme prejudice.

I also believe that Timothee Chalamet is one of the most talented actors of his generation.

I also believe that numbers for multiple reputable sources should be believed over the unsupported blather of YouTube videos.

And most of all:

🌅☀️ TIMMY WILL LEAD US TO THE LIGHT ☀️🌅

by Anonymousreply 464January 1, 2024 10:45 PM

[quote]Suck on Chalamet’s cock

Dream dong.

by Anonymousreply 465January 1, 2024 10:51 PM

He shall eternally flop and that includes Bob Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 466January 1, 2024 11:10 PM

(^.^) Wishful drinking🍸🍻🍷

by Anonymousreply 467January 2, 2024 12:24 AM

R420, I posted about "Bones...," but you are wrong about "Dune"---unless you hold some outrageous standard such as anything less than a billion is a flop.

"Dune" WAS huge, making over $400M and winning 6 Academy Awards.

The "problem" I have with Timothee is that I don't see a man; I see a kid. He and Zendaya in "Dune: Part 2" look like Romeo and Juliet, not adults.

by Anonymousreply 468January 2, 2024 3:40 AM

🥳🍬🎉🍭🎆🍫🎊🎈🎩🥳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469January 2, 2024 4:58 AM

☘️🌈TIMMY DOMINATES THE LAND OF THE LEPRECHAUNS, POTATOES AND BARRY KEOGHAN🌈☘️

YAY TIMMY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470January 2, 2024 2:46 PM

[qoute] Wonka has proven popular with audiences and critics alike; it holds approval from 83% of its 294 Rotten Tomatoes reviews from critics, while 91% of the site's users who have rated the movie reported enjoying it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471January 3, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote] Those numbers give Wonka an edge in passing two key movies on the year. It will likely pass The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes as the seasonal victor by next weekend, as its gross will be over $160 million through New Years Day. But with potentially a floor of at least $180 million domestic, it would actually be the only film to outgross Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour since its release and the highest-grossing film at the box office since the Barbenheimer phenomenon. That will make it one of the top 10 films of the year domestically.

🤑💲TIMMY RAINS RICHES ON THE WORLD💲🤑

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472January 3, 2024 2:49 AM

🎄TIMMY DOMINATES HOLIDAY SEASON 2023🎄

🙏🙏🏼HALLOWED BE TIMMY’S NAME🙏🏾🙏🏿

⭐️TIMMY IS ETERNALLY A MUSICAL GENIUS⭐️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473January 3, 2024 5:20 AM

The Timmy haters and the Wonka musical haters have nobody to blame but themselves. If he gets more work because of this, it's because you watched the movie. All you had to do was not watch the movie.

by Anonymousreply 474January 3, 2024 1:16 PM

Timothee will probably win the Golden Globe for "Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy," because that category is really weak this year.

by Anonymousreply 475January 4, 2024 1:36 AM

R475: He's definitely in third place behind Wright and Giamatti but Giamatti is clearly winning this. The HFPA clearly liked The Holdovers more than American Fiction and Wonka and they love to predict the Oscars. Personally, I'm hoping The Holdovers sweeps at every place.

by Anonymousreply 476January 4, 2024 2:03 AM

Oppenheimer was a huge hit both with audiences and critics; it will undoubtedly win Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Director. It's that rare serious, prestige film that was an enormous box office success. It can't miss.

by Anonymousreply 477January 4, 2024 3:02 AM

Agreed, r477. For "Drama" actor, especially.

by Anonymousreply 478January 4, 2024 3:27 AM

R380 Yellow Flash needs brains; Wonka's got legs. Did he ever hear of The Greatest Showman? He sounds drunk!

by Anonymousreply 479January 4, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote] And finally having seen Wonka (three times at this point), I can tell you my faith in him was justified. Because Wonka is a wondrous and weird gem sure to be treasured for generations to come.

[quote] Giddy and genuine, Chalamet is a prince of musical theater, whether dancing with a rousing ensemble or waltzing with a hat and coat on a walking stick as a stand-in partner. His voice is pretty and spirit-lifting as he sings silly rhymes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 4, 2024 4:57 PM

[quote] Wonka has now made $400 million worldwide, comprising $147 million from North America and $253 million internationally

[quote] The movie is poised to pass Dune's $402 million to become the biggest hit of Chalamet's career.

[quote] Wonka's success is due to strong word of mouth and relatively little competition, but it also confirms that Chalamet is a box office draw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481January 5, 2024 1:52 PM

[quote] Part of Wonka's success certainly speaks to the continued value of the IP, but it also cements Chalamet as a true movie star. Prior to release, the film was positioned as a true test of the actor's ability to open a film, and its success confirms his status as a box office draw. Few young actors have achieved such a position in the new blockbuster movie landscape, but, after Little Women and Dune, Chalamet has evidently become a figure whose star power can sell a movie.

by Anonymousreply 482January 5, 2024 1:57 PM

[quote] And it's poised to pass $500 million before 'Dune: Part Two' rolls around.

[quote] Wonka’s Success Secures Timothée Chalamet’s Golden Ticket to the A-List

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483January 5, 2024 2:05 PM

Fuck off fangirl. Wonka still isn't profitable. FYI it doesn't mean he'll always be a consistent box office draw or that he'll get more work from one film.

by Anonymousreply 484January 5, 2024 2:31 PM

With a face like r484, it’s becomes clear why Matt Anscher is insanely jealous of Timmy

We will drink your tears Matt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485January 5, 2024 2:58 PM

[quote] FRIDAY MIDDAY: Warner Bros’ Wonka is looking to rule its third out of fourth weekend at the box office with around $12M, -46%, though it won’t be shocking if Saturday matinees push the Timothee Chalamet movie even higher. Wonka is in play at 3,817 and is eyeing a Friday of $3.8M, -56%.

🎉🌟TIMMY CONTINUES TO DOMINATE 2024🎉🌟

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486January 6, 2024 1:24 AM

Both these threads are becoming unreadable

by Anonymousreply 487January 6, 2024 2:20 AM

R487: Blame the psychopath fangirl who posts the same Deadline articles to each thread. She's so convinced that Wonka is profitable. It makes you wonder, does she believe in what she's saying?

by Anonymousreply 488January 6, 2024 2:27 AM

Rancid breathed moron / r488, I have posted links from at least 10 different legitimate websites that lovingly detail KING TIMMY’S march to world domination…domination of our HEARTS.

Are you so stupid that you can’t see obvious links? Of course you are! You can’t deal with reality, and that’s really sad and really funny.

Seethe fug…your tears taste DELICIOUS 😋

🤴🏼👑 PRINCE OF THE BOX OFFICE AND OUR ❤️ KING LITTLE TIMMY TIM👑🤴🏼

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489January 6, 2024 2:46 AM

R489: A ferret in human form "braved the cold in the name of fashion." Oh what we do without you rabid, low IQ, deranged fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 490January 6, 2024 2:48 AM

^ 😭😭😭—>😋😋😋

by Anonymousreply 491January 6, 2024 2:50 AM

I really hope that 2024 is the year of King Armie's #1 big hit march to domination of our hearts!!

by Anonymousreply 492January 6, 2024 2:51 AM

How ironic that the fangirl is accusing others of being Anscher, when she's actually the one behaving like him with the spamming of the thread because people are saying things she doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 493January 6, 2024 12:46 PM

Aww she let him borrow the car for another pap walk. He looks like shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494January 6, 2024 12:57 PM

R494: Holy fuck the Trashians have drained the life out of him. Soon to be very uncastable.

by Anonymousreply 495January 6, 2024 1:28 PM

Going out to do a pap walk arranged for him by Mama Kris to promote a shitty brand - sure sounds like the actions of the "biggest star in the world"

by Anonymousreply 496January 6, 2024 2:47 PM

"Wonka" establishes Timmée as the premier actor of this century. That Golden Globe has his handprint alllll over it!

by Anonymousreply 497January 6, 2024 3:18 PM

Wonka wins again! It's got legs!

[Quote] Soon to be very uncastable.

How soon R495?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498January 6, 2024 4:08 PM

I blocked that "Timmy" lover, and suddenly the thread is readable again.

by Anonymousreply 499January 6, 2024 4:18 PM

Pussy ^

⭐️YAY TIMMT - #1⭐️

by Anonymousreply 500January 6, 2024 4:21 PM

Now, now, r500. Don't let your enthusiasm cause an "Oh, DEAR."

by Anonymousreply 501January 6, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote] Night Swim” won’t be able to overcome “Wonka” though, which earned another $4.3 million on Friday, per rivals — down just 51% from its figure a week ago. Warner Bros.’ sugar rush musical has now surpassed a $150 million domestic tally and will more than quadruple its $39 million opening by the end of the weekend. It’s a triumphant result for the Timothée Chalamet vehicle, which looks to stick around throughout January.

🏋🏿TIMMT’S LEGS ARE MIGHTY AND UNSTOPPABLE 🏋🏼

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502January 6, 2024 5:46 PM

R496: I’ve got Backgrid on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 503January 6, 2024 10:14 PM

[quote] Those ticket sales weren’t enough to topple “Wonka,” which claimed first place again with $14.4 million in its fourth weekend of release.

🚀🌟TIMMY MAKES THE BOX OFFICE HIS BITCH FOR THE 4TH WEEK IN A ROW🌟🚀

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 7, 2024 5:57 PM

[quote] Musical fantasy "Wonka" hung on atop the North American box office this weekend, taking in an estimated $14.4 million as Hollywood hoped for a boost from the annual Golden Globe awards, industry analysts said Sunday.

[quote] The Warner Bros. film, the top performer of the Christmas season, reached the $165 million mark domestically and passed $300 million internationally in its fourth weekend out, which Variety called "a triumphant result for the Timothee Chalamet vehicle."

❤️🙌🏼TIMMY CROWS IN TRIUMPH ❤️🙌🏼

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505January 7, 2024 6:05 PM

[quote] “’Wonka’ is following in the tradition of a film like ‘The Greatest Showman,’” said Paul Dergarabedian, the senior media analyst for Comscore. That Hugh Jackman musical opened under $9 million in December 2017 and went on to gross $435 million globally.

🌎❤️TIMMY IS #1 IN THE WORLD🌏💖

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506January 7, 2024 8:18 PM

Like claiming Margot Robbie is why Barbie was a success

by Anonymousreply 507January 7, 2024 8:22 PM

The YouTube incel at R422 seems to have an IQ in the low 90s at best and can't even read text out loud without enormous effort.

by Anonymousreply 508January 7, 2024 8:26 PM

[Quote] Fuck off fangirl. Wonka still isn't profitable.

with her business acumen I'm surprised the trollina @ R484 isn't running a Fortune 500 company . . .

by Anonymousreply 509January 7, 2024 9:38 PM

This is hilariously cringe-inducing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 8, 2024 1:35 AM

Chalamet looks a lot more invested in her than she is in him.

by Anonymousreply 511January 8, 2024 1:37 AM

Literally waiting until they're sure the camera is on them lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 8, 2024 1:42 AM

Kylie is white again? And has changed her face again? I don't recognize her.

by Anonymousreply 513January 8, 2024 1:50 AM

YES! He made an ass out of himself and lost another golden globe!

by Anonymousreply 514January 8, 2024 2:52 AM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

As long as the "KING TIMMY!! ❤❤❤❤" loon is going to call me the name, I'll play the a-hole's game!

by Anonymousreply 515January 8, 2024 3:58 AM

Box Office: ‘Wonka' Triumphs Again as Jason Blum and James Wan's ‘Night Swim' Debuts to $12 Million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516January 8, 2024 5:52 AM

Timothee Chalamet and "Wonka" topped the box office charts for the third time in its four weekends in theaters. Warner Bros.' family-oriented musical added $14.4 million in ticket sales according to studio estimates Sunday, bringing its total domestic grosses to $164.7 million.

"'Wonka' is following in the tradition of a film like 'The Greatest Showman,'" said Paul Dergarabedian, the senior media analyst for Comscore. That Hugh Jackman musical opened under $9 million in December 2017 and went on to gross $435 million globally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517January 8, 2024 7:23 AM

[quote] Turning to Wonka, the Paul King-directed musical added $28.9M, also in 77 overseas markets. The drop was a terrific 27% and holds are strong including in Netherlands (+6%), Brazil (-16%), France (-17%), Spain (-17%), Italy (-22%), Mexico (-26%), Australia (-26%), Germany (-32%), and Japan (-33%).

[quote] The international cume to date is $301.2M with global at $465.8M, well on the way to $500M+ in the coming weeks. IMAX reps $16.1M worldwide. Korea, which has a fondness for Hollywood musicals, is the final market to release and is dated on January 31

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518January 8, 2024 1:46 PM

R518: Not the Golden Globes

by Anonymousreply 519January 8, 2024 1:47 PM

You can’t win all the time, even PRINCE TIMMY. Only a deluded fool, like you Matt Anscher, would expect that. Paul Giamatti deserved to win. TIMMY was honored with a nomination of one of the top five performances of 2023, surrounded by his fellow Academy Award winners and nominees.

♥️🌟PRINCE TIMMY WOWING THE AUDIENCE WITH HIS BEAUTY, GRACIOUSNESS AND CHARM AT THE GOLDEN GLOBES CEREMONY. WE DON’T DESERVE HIM⭐️❤️

by Anonymousreply 520January 8, 2024 2:00 PM

R520: His PR stunt was a total fail. Nobody is buying him and Kylie as a couple. My condolences to his career. Three time Golden Globe loser. Suck it fangirls!

by Anonymousreply 521January 8, 2024 2:06 PM

[quote]You can’t win all the time

He's never won though, has he?

by Anonymousreply 522January 8, 2024 2:27 PM

R522: Yes the no-ass, no-talent has never won. Miss Bradlee Cooper as well.

by Anonymousreply 523January 8, 2024 2:54 PM

Box office success counts more than winning awards.

by Anonymousreply 524January 8, 2024 10:43 PM

He abandoned any shred of credibility he had left.

by Anonymousreply 525January 8, 2024 11:03 PM

MARY ^

by Anonymousreply 526January 8, 2024 11:10 PM

[quote] The pack is led once again by Wonka for the third time in four weeks. Paul King’s prequel is coming close to displacing Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour as the highest-grossing movie since the Barbenheimer phenomenon last summer

[quote] At over $400 million worldwide, the film is a solid hit for Warner Bros. and we’ll see if that will expedite their decision to greenlight Wonka 2: The Sociopath Years.

🙌🏼♥️✊🏼TIMMY RULES! SUCK IT “NOT PROFITABLE” FUG MORON TROLL✊🏿❤️🙌🏿

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527January 9, 2024 4:34 AM

[quote] elegant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528January 9, 2024 5:40 AM

[quote] Warner Bros.’ “Wonka” continued its dominance over the U.K. and Ireland box office with £3.7 million ($4.8 million) in its fifth weekend, according to numbers from Comscore.

🇬🇧♥️😘TIMMY IS COLONIZING BRITAIN AND MAKING THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY HIS BITCH😘❤️🇬🇧

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529January 9, 2024 12:35 PM

R529: Then I guess winning the Golden Globe should’ve been a piece of cake. They love their big “stars” in “profitable” movies, right?

by Anonymousreply 530January 9, 2024 12:38 PM

^ You know you a retard who cannot express a coherent thought Matt Anscher?

Try again

You are hilarious

by Anonymousreply 531January 9, 2024 1:10 PM

[quote] With a production budget of $120 million and an estimated marketing expenditure exceeding $100 million, Wonka needed to exceed $240 million in box office revenue to ensure profitability for Warner Bros

[quote] The film's international cumulative earnings have now reached an impressive $301.2 million, contributing to a global total of about $465.8 million

‼️‼️‼️AND WONKA’S RUN AT THE THEATERS IS FAR FROM OVER 🔥. $225,800,000 IN PURE PROFIT AS OF 2 DAYS AGO.🔥 ♥️PRINCE TIMMY IS A WORLD WIDE SUPERSTAR WHO RAINS MONEY FROM THE SKIES♥️‼️‼️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 10, 2024 4:38 AM

Wonka is barely recouping P&A for a release of this size. If you sell you house for X amount of money you don't actually consider it a good or bad sale until you factor what you paid for it. These are the same idiots who think the new Dune will make a billion dollars...

by Anonymousreply 533January 10, 2024 2:29 PM

Timmy snubbed at SAG!

by Anonymousreply 534January 10, 2024 2:30 PM

[quote] Chalamet is enjoying a spell as one of the most popular figures in Hollywood, and he's quickly becoming a household name.

🗿❤️🔥TIMMY IS INESCAPABLE. OMNIPRESENT. DOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR KING🔥❤️🗿

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535January 10, 2024 5:48 PM

R533 is the spawn of Brandy and Johnny Walker

by Anonymousreply 536January 10, 2024 8:41 PM

The fangirls themselves are linking to articles saying the marketing budget was $100 million

by Anonymousreply 537January 10, 2024 8:45 PM

[quote] DOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR KING🔥❤️🗿

SPELL CHECK BEFORE YOU POST R535

by Anonymousreply 538January 10, 2024 9:28 PM

26 days in release and still #1 and in more theaters than any other current release. ❤️🧡💛🧡 Timmy. NATO

by Anonymousreply 539January 11, 2024 5:45 PM

Variety: The Timothée Chalamet musical is still rowing along and will finish with more than $500 million worldwide.

So, just about breaking even?

by Anonymousreply 540January 14, 2024 1:20 AM

R540: No it won't.

by Anonymousreply 541January 14, 2024 1:27 AM

Yes it will r541

Wonka is a triumph for Timmy

by Anonymousreply 542January 14, 2024 3:52 AM

It already has more than recovered its costs R540 Warner Bros. is happy R541 is miserable.

Mean Girls opened at #21 😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 543January 14, 2024 6:33 AM

Mean Girls Paramount Pictures Gross $11,650 - - - - - - Theaters 3,791 - - - - - - Average $3 - - - - - - %± YD - - - - - - - %± LW - - - - - - - GTD $11,650 - - -

Mean Girls opened in 3,791 theaters made $11,685 on opening day with a theater average $3

by Anonymousreply 544January 14, 2024 6:49 AM

R418 it may not have been a hit but compared to Mean Girls (2024) it was a success..

Nov 18 Friday 12 $57,887 - - 5 $11,577 $57,887 on opening day Bones and All made 5x what Mean Girls did

Mean Girls Paramount Pictures Gross $11,650 - - - - - - Theaters 3,791 - - - - - - Average $3 - - - - - - %± YD - - - - - - - %± LW - - - - - - - GTD $11,650 - - -

🙋‍♂️🙋‍♀️Tina

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545January 14, 2024 7:35 AM

When will Timmy make a movie for Helix?

by Anonymousreply 546January 14, 2024 3:16 PM

[quote] Chalamet’s star power, having endeared himself to moviegoers through blockbusters (“Dune”) and indies (“Call Me By Your Name,” “Lady Bird”), has played a part in the triumph of “Wonka.”

Guess you were wrong r541

🔥❤️🔥TIMMY RULES ALL🔥♥️🔥

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547January 14, 2024 8:44 PM

R547: The idiots at Warner Brothers could've had a billion dollars if they had just cast Tom Holland.

by Anonymousreply 548January 14, 2024 9:09 PM

Inbred moron ^

When you’re running Warner Brothers, people will listen to your thoughts.

But you’re not and you won’t. You’re just an unloved cunt who hasn’t been fucked since the Clinton administration.

YAY TIMMY

by Anonymousreply 549January 14, 2024 9:30 PM

$500 million? That’s it? Charlie and the Chocolate Factory made that almost 20 years ago. A movie of this magnitude should gross a billion globally in this day and age.

Color me unimpressed. It would’ve made a lot more with a different actor.

by Anonymousreply 550January 14, 2024 9:39 PM

[quote] WB Motion Picture Group Co-Chairs and CEOs Mike De Luca and Pamela Abdy commented today, “With Wonka, Paul King, producer David Heyman and the amazing cast and crew led by Timothée Chalamet have delivered a truly special musical event. It is incredibly validating to see this film achieve such an exciting milestone. We are grateful to our partners in exhibition for their unwavering support and the audiences around the globe who came out for this big-screen celebration. Congratulations to the filmmakers, cast and our colleagues around the world – this is a sweet start to 2024.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551January 14, 2024 9:47 PM

It's amazing that it's made $500 million. So many people thought it would flop, but it's been the surprise hit of the year. I think people just needed something fun and uplifting to see with all the negativity going on in the world.

by Anonymousreply 552January 14, 2024 9:51 PM

TIMMY is a bankable star as well as being critical darling and respected artist.

TIMMY will be in the news 24/7 until he dies.

🌈How lucky we are to be living in the age of TIMMY! ♥️

by Anonymousreply 553January 14, 2024 9:56 PM

I thought it would flop. I remember thinking the same about "The Greatest Showman," which also had a holiday release & made half a billion.

by Anonymousreply 554January 14, 2024 10:03 PM

R553: The good news is you will die soon and your falsehoods will no longer be spread.

by Anonymousreply 555January 14, 2024 10:12 PM

R550 is not even bothering to make his lies believable

[quote] Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory was released in the United States on June 30, 1971, by Paramount Pictures. With a budget of $3 million, the film received generally positive reviews from critics, but was not a big financial success, only earning $4 million by the end of its original run

How embarrassing for the fug fat ass at r550

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556January 14, 2024 10:13 PM

R556, you blithering nudnik, what does that prove? I said Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in my post, the one from 2005 with Johnny Depp. Nice job celebrating that touchdown with a flag on the field.

by Anonymousreply 557January 15, 2024 12:09 AM

[quote] something caught the attention of over 400 voters from the fashion community who added Timothée Chalamet to one of fashion’s most prestigious lists. Welcome to the International Best-Dressed List, Timmy

🕴️⭐️♥️TIMMY IS CELEBRATED WORLD WIDE FOR HIS INCREDIBLE “LADY DRESSES”♥️⭐️🕴️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558January 15, 2024 12:33 AM

[quote] Timmée wants to get his glam rock on, we feel duty bound to support him in these endeavors. Besides, this look rocketed around the worldwide press like it was on fire. He accomplished exactly what he wanted to with this look. Attaboy.

🙇🏾‍♂️🔥🕴️BOW DOWN TO TIMMY KING OF STYLE🕴️🔥🙇🏽‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559January 15, 2024 12:45 AM

R559: But no awards!!!

by Anonymousreply 560January 15, 2024 1:08 AM

I propose that the Timmy stans go have a fight to the death with the Heartstopper stans - assuming they aren't one and the same, of course.

by Anonymousreply 561January 15, 2024 1:15 AM

R559 Is he in a contest with Harry Styles to see who looks more ridiculous?

by Anonymousreply 562January 15, 2024 1:16 AM

R548s math ain't mathin Did she go to school with Taraji?

by Anonymousreply 563January 15, 2024 1:24 AM

Mean Girls Paramount Pictures Gross $11,550 $9,650 $6,800 $4,000 - - - Theaters 3,791 3,791 3,791 3,791 - - - Average $3 $2 $1 $1 - - - %± YD - -16.5% -29.5% -41.2% - - - %± LW - - - - - - - GTD $11,550 $21,200 $28,000 $32,000 - -

Mean Girls is estimated to make $32K over 4 days WTF! Wonka made that in a matter of hours!

by Anonymousreply 564January 15, 2024 1:41 AM

Must you post the same remarks on two threads?

by Anonymousreply 565January 15, 2024 2:58 PM

[quote] Warner Bros’ Wonka added £2.2m – a 40.7% drop – to reach a huge £56.2m. It is already the third-highest-grossing release of 2023, behind Barbie (£95.5m) and Oppenheimer (£58.4m); another fortnight in cinemas should see it move into second place on that list.

[quote] Wonka is also now the 33rd -highest-grossing film of all time in the UK and Ireland, coming up fast on Star War: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (£56.4m) and The Dark Knight Rises (£56.4m).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566January 15, 2024 3:29 PM

Yes r565

All are deserving to know about PRINCE TIMMY’S triumph

ALL

by Anonymousreply 567January 15, 2024 3:34 PM

[quote] Wonka has proven to be an even bigger box office smash than expected, breaking several records for its franchise, its star talent, and the post-COVID era.

[quote] The enormous box office success of Wonka has made it Chalamet’s highest grossing movie as a lead (via The Numbers). Wonka has outperformed the previous record holder, Dune, by more than $100 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568January 17, 2024 6:46 PM

It was the year of Barbie, Oppenheimer and Wonka

by Anonymousreply 569January 19, 2024 6:28 AM

R569: Honey Wonka is no Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 570January 19, 2024 11:27 AM

Great, we have a Timotheebot on the loose joining the ranks of Janbot and PaulMescalLover.

by Anonymousreply 571January 19, 2024 11:41 AM

Yes, r569, except for that little "Few nominations and zero awards for 'Wonka'" thing.

by Anonymousreply 572January 20, 2024 3:57 PM

Sour grapes 🍇 ^

500 + million extremely profitable movie is award enough

Everyone is talking about Wonka

R572 is thinking about Timmy RIGHT NOW

Isn’t it wonderful? Little Timmy Tim’s light bathes us, each and everyone 🔆🔆🔆

by Anonymousreply 573January 20, 2024 4:06 PM

[Quote] Honey Wonka is no Barbie.

Good!

by Anonymousreply 574January 20, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote] Wonka continues to dominate the box office, maintaining its position in the top 3 and charting above nine other major releases

[quote] Variety, the Wonka box office is projected to close out its sixth weekend in domestic theaters with a 3-day total of $6.7 million. This places it at No. 3 on the domestic chart, maintaining its place in the Top 3. Keeping its hold on the No. 3 spot means that it is charting above nine other major wide releases that have opened since it debuted, namely Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Migration, Anyone But You, The Color Purple, The Iron Claw, Ferrari, The Boys in the Boat, Night Swim, and I.S.S.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575January 21, 2024 2:24 PM

So basically he can open a movie as long as it's a commercially recognized IP. That pretty much applies to every working actor today.

by Anonymousreply 576January 21, 2024 2:51 PM

Like Brie Larsen in The Marvels did? Like Paul Rudd in Ant Man Quantumania did? Like Jason Momoa in Aqua Man The Lost Kingdom? Like Ezra Miller in The Flash did?

Nope. They were all flops, moron at r576.

🚀♥️🍭TIMMY DOMINATES THE BOX OFFICE THROUGH WONKA AND CHARISMA AND LOVE🍭❤️🚀

by Anonymousreply 577January 21, 2024 3:09 PM

Timothee’s wanka is huge you say?

by Anonymousreply 578January 21, 2024 3:12 PM

R577: Fuck off scumbag. The one good thing to come out of this Kylie relationship is that he’s not great acting wise and certainly not the next Leo type movie star. Still no links saying it’s profitable, eh?

by Anonymousreply 579January 21, 2024 3:14 PM

^ TIMMY PREYS UPON MATT ANSCHER’S TINY GREASY HATE FILLED MIND

🤣😆🤭😂😜😝

We are all laughing at you Matt and we want to be thrown into a wood chipper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580January 21, 2024 4:13 PM

Fuck all you bitch haters! I'm going to take this movie cash and find the manwhore with the biggest cock to pound me unconscious!

by Anonymousreply 581January 21, 2024 11:42 PM

R580, You might want to re-read your post carefully.

by Anonymousreply 582January 22, 2024 6:36 AM

And yet....

Of the Golden Globes, Critics Choice, and SAG awards, in all categories available, "Wonka" has received only three nominations and no wins (yet. SAG to come):

GG = Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical.

CC = Best Costume Design. Most Promising Young Actor.

SAG = None.

by Anonymousreply 583January 22, 2024 7:00 AM

Oh, Dearing myself, to wit: Since "Wonka" has no SAG nominations, it won't win any SAG awards. No need, then, for "yet."

by Anonymousreply 584January 22, 2024 7:01 AM

[Quote]So basically he can open a movie as long as it's a commercially recognized IP.

[Quote] hat pretty much applies to every working actor today.

it does?

by Anonymousreply 585January 22, 2024 8:03 AM

I read on a fan site that Timmy is rumored to be receivin a special surprise Oscar both for his astonishing work in Wonka, and for making it the success that's revived Hollywood singlehandedly. Everything is in preparation to make Oscar Night...WONKA NIGHT!!

by Anonymousreply 586January 24, 2024 3:46 PM

Timmy and the Tiny Microphone....

He's so adorable!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587January 25, 2024 1:04 AM

Ephebophile thread

by Anonymousreply 588January 25, 2024 1:16 AM

R588 is a mentally ill, child obsessed psychopath.

Timothee is 27 years old.

R588 needs to be committed to a mental hospital.

by Anonymousreply 589January 25, 2024 1:20 AM

R587 I wish my penis were this big!

by Anonymousreply 590January 26, 2024 3:58 AM

R573 has walls decorated with Thomas Kinkade paintings and bookshelves filled with the 190 books by Danielle Steel.

by Anonymousreply 591January 26, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote] Wonka's seven-week streak marks the longest that any such title has spent in the Top 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592January 28, 2024 9:27 PM

R592: Either you’re an algorithm or a 13 year old cunt. Either way you’re just embarrassing yourself at this point. No Oscar nominations for Wonka and he lost the Golden Globe (they’re pretty easy to win by the way). Still no links saying it’s profitable, eh. The studio lost some money on it.

by Anonymousreply 593January 28, 2024 9:30 PM

Hideous unfuckable Matt Anscher r593

TIMMY, and all of Datalounge, and the world, spits upon you. FEEL THE POWER OF WONKA.

Why haven’t those Mexicans from Salinas killed you yet?

by Anonymousreply 594January 28, 2024 9:37 PM

Is the Chalametbot for real or is this intended as irony and parody? Really can’t fucking tell anymore.

by Anonymousreply 595January 28, 2024 9:46 PM

The Klan Grannies of DL are opposed to Timmy for his enlightened attitude toward people of color.

by Anonymousreply 596January 29, 2024 1:39 AM

I am very very really r595

I spread the gospel of 😇TIMMY 😇

I show 🔆TIMMY’S 🔆light to the world

I am but a vessel for the divine 🇻🇦TIMMY 🇻🇦

Pray for forgiveness tard hater r595

by Anonymousreply 597January 29, 2024 2:34 AM

and yet The Color Purple was Oscar nominated which isn't that glorious for Warner Brother$

by Anonymousreply 598January 29, 2024 2:46 AM

Wow Wonka is already available on Amazon starting tomorrow. Oh yeah that's for sure a sign of a movie setting the box office on fire.

by Anonymousreply 599January 29, 2024 12:57 PM

The Color Purple released a week AFTER Wonka has been available on Prime Video for over a week now! Wonka has far outgrossed TCP, The Boys in the Boat, , Aquaman, Flowers of the Killer Moon . . .

by Anonymousreply 600January 29, 2024 5:57 PM

^ Killers of the Flower Moon for which Leo was paid $40M has grossed $67M

by Anonymousreply 601January 29, 2024 6:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!