Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BEARKING: Koch Network Endorses Nikki Haley in Bid to Push G.O.P. Past Trump

One can only hope this finally kills the GOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2023 3:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2023 1:49 PM

And hopefully it will kill the Koch Network as well.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2023 1:51 PM

This will only come into play if at some point Trump were unable to continue. As it stands now, he'll easily obtain 51% of delegates.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2023 1:56 PM

How many points will trumps approval rating improve after this?

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2023 1:59 PM

A zillion. His followers are zealots

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Nimrata is our only hope!

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Do you think those right-wing racists will pick a brown Indian woman over a white man ?

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2023 2:18 PM

A reader comment from the Washington Post: The GOP has officially ripped in half. It's now the MEGA rich vs. the MAGA dumb.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2023 2:19 PM

Dyed-in-the-wool Trumpers will NEVER vote for her in the general election.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2023 2:31 PM

R9

Those you disparage and say won’t vote hate you more than they hate her. You are the reason they will turn out and vote .And it’s not remotely close. Besides she will speak to them and their issues. They really despise the liberal progressive left. Well to be honest many dems do as well.

Now if trump were to run as a 3rd party he would get their votes.

They see you exactly as you see them

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2023 2:39 PM

The insults can now begin: "The Krooked Koch Bros. have put their money behind a Nobody with NO experience and NO hope. Sad!"

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2023 2:42 PM

Kochsucker!

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2023 2:50 PM

Do they also hate Social Security, R10? Access to abortion?

I wondered why she was being floated here recently, odoriferously, like a turd in a punchbowl. Now I know. Fuck off Koch suckers. Your on-goung attempts at the destruction of Democracy and America are repellent. You are the very worst of us.

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2023 3:26 PM

R13

Everybody loves social security. It’s how to save it we argue about. A good question about abortion I have not a clue.

She may end up as the #2 to Trumps #1 but I have a hard time seeing her accept. But her as the #2 would IMO make trump a lot tougher to beat.

Interesting times

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2023 3:34 PM

At every speech, on every poster : What's her REAL name? Pseudonyms for Presidential candidates is NOT a good look.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2023 3:35 PM

They can endorse her all they want. The Republican base will never vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote]Dyed-in-the-wool Trumpers will NEVER vote for her in the general election.

I don't think many of them will vote for anybody else in the general.

I'm not sure if this news is good, bad or irrelevant. Unless Trump fails at the nomination. Either way it's probably good for Democrats if he doesn't. This will be a narrow outcome in all likelihood. The more Republicans sitting at home, not voting, out of revulsion or petulance, the better it is for Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2023 3:41 PM

I think Biden would have a tougher time against Haley than against Trump but I think Hayley is very unlikely to happen.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2023 3:41 PM

I would vote for Hayley Mills, r18. I think most DLers would.

by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2023 3:48 PM

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2023 3:51 PM

Is she another trad wife?

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2023 3:55 PM

Dump’s base will write him in, regardless of whether he is on the ballot or in prison.

by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2023 3:58 PM

You assume they can write r22.

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2023 4:00 PM

R7 I think they would frame it as a choice between Haley vs Kamala and lean into the fears of Biden not surviving a second term.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2023 4:00 PM

R22

No worries he will be the nominee . This thread is about who comes in 2 nd in the gop.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2023 4:01 PM

Yeesh…skin the texture of an autumn squash.

Oh, and she’s a lying, hypocritical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2023 4:07 PM

Mrs, Rhonda must be SEETHING!

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2023 4:09 PM

Her facial filler looks lumpy in the pic at OP.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2023 4:10 PM

" The Republican base will never vote for her. "

Most Trumpers see her as the lady who keeps them on hold for an hour and then tells them to turn their computer off and back on

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2023 4:12 PM

Is it working now R29?? Try it again and if that doesn’t work, you’ll have to submit a ticket online.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2023 4:15 PM

All of our agents are currently busy.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2023 4:41 PM

^ "Your call is important to us"...

Not really

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2023 4:45 PM

[quote] Everybody loves social security. It’s how to save it we argue about.

Bullshit. Republicans have hated it since it was created and there is a constant effort to get rid of it, or to "save it" by privatizing it out of existence.

Especially by the Koch brothers. The dead one is probably still ranting about it in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2023 5:05 PM

[quote] I would vote for Hayley Mills, [R18]. I think most DLers would.

And we would get First Gentleman Maxwell Caulfield!

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Yeah, no, R34.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2023 5:24 PM

Hayley Bieber

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2023 5:44 PM

R33 Republican and Democratic voters are very positive about social security. They like it and want it to be around for them.

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2023 6:24 PM

Nimrata v. Kamala?

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2023 6:27 PM

R35, please revoke my gay card for confusing Hayley and Juliet Mills!

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2023 6:33 PM

NY Times chose to use the most unflattering photo of Haley they could possibly find for this article. The Gray Lady is a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2023 6:34 PM

Your humility spares you, R39.

This once.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2023 6:46 PM

Thank you for your mercy R41, I promise to do better in the future.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2023 6:49 PM

"Nimrata v. Kamala?

Kamala is light years ahead in intelligence and compassion. Nimrata is a cold-hearted liar... Oh, yeah, Republican 😠

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2023 7:29 PM

Has Trump commented?

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2023 10:03 PM

I think Haley is the only Repub who could beat Biden, so that probably has a lot of people nervous.

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2023 10:52 PM

Yeah, everyone's quaking at that Nimrata freight train barreling down the tracks.

Honestly, what do people think happens if she starts winning primaries? Trump and his cult graciously accept that she is a worthy competitor and start preparing for a normal primary campaign? Really? And if she actually wins the Republican nomination? Trump, in his very sane and calm way, announces that the voters have spoken and he accepts the results?

I admit I would love it, but then again, I want to see the Republican Party go absolutely apeshit on itself.

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2023 11:06 PM

When Trump starts in on the racist shit on Nimrata at his Klan rallies, it will be glorious!

by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2023 11:16 PM

The Koch brothers realized they created a monster they cannot control when they supported Trump, so they are now supporting a more establishment candidate that they will be able to control.

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2023 11:18 PM

I thought the Koch brothers were dead. Or is this a Succession like situation with their sociopathic children at the helm now?

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2023 11:20 PM

What the hell is wrong with her face? Looks like she’s got Dr. Loomis’ burn scars from Halloween 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2023 11:25 PM

So the Evangelicals and Pentecostals are going to accept as their president an Indian woman who converted from Sikh to Methodist?

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2023 1:45 PM

[quote]Has Trump commented?

It was only a matter of time.

[bold]Trump Campaign Blasts Koch Network Endorsement of Haley: ‘RINO Backstabbers’[/bold]

Former President Donald Trump's campaign on Tuesday fundraised off the Koch network's endorsement of former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley, calling the group "RINO backstabbers."

In a fundraising email to supporters, the campaign blasted the organization as a "corrupt network of globalist RINO donors" and dubbed Haley a "puppet GOP candidate."

“Voting begins in only 48 DAYS – and these RINO backstabbers are now going to launch a last-minute vicious assault against us in the early primary states,” the email reads.

"When BOTH sides of the Washington political machine are out to stop us, I know that we are standing on the right side of history," the statement continues. "The Democrats are trying to imprison me as an innocent man – and the Disloyal Republican RINOs are quietly cheering them on."

Americans for Prosperity Action, the political organization founded by the Koch brothers, endorsed Haley on Tuesday, calling for "better candidates."

Both Trump and President Joe Biden, the group said, would continue a "downward spiral" in politics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2023 1:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2023 1:58 PM

"The former South Carolina governor is no moderate, as she is sometimes mislabelled. Haley would impose a five-year term limit on civil servants, send US special forces into Mexico and sharply cut social security. She thinks Biden is weak on Russia, China and Hamas. But the contents of her platform are irrelevant. Everyone looks moderate compared to Trump. Because she is not him, Haley would have dramatically better prospects of defeating Biden.

It would be spurious to put numbers on her chances. They are not high. But it is worth stressing that America is not relishing another Trump vs Biden contest. The fact that Haley has been on many sides of many issues might be a problem. But she is a politician; it has been known to happen. It is precisely Haley’s malleability that would make her dangerous to Biden in the general election. This leaves Democrats in the awkward position of both dreading Trump and rooting for him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2023 9:49 PM

“We’re gonna turn the page here. This is not a nursing home and it’s certainly not an orange grove. Also, it’s not a circus!”

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2023 11:05 PM

I thought the Koch brothers were dead. Thought those fangs had been pulled.

by Anonymousreply 56December 3, 2023 1:51 AM

Apropos of nothing, I was boarding a SW flight from Phoenix to St. Louis on Thursday and the guy behind me was talking to another guy and revealed that he worked for Americans For Prosperity, the Koch Brothers libertarian lobbying group. He worked out of Topeka, Kansas, and sounded like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 57December 3, 2023 2:02 AM

R50 it looks like she went to some South Carolina dermatologist with no experience with lasers for her orange peel acne scars and is also suffering from filler migration. I also think she uses lightening cream which is hell on skin

by Anonymousreply 58December 3, 2023 2:04 AM

Trump won't win, it's only the media who's keeping him alive.

by Anonymousreply 59December 3, 2023 2:13 AM

Biggest war monger who ever ran. Datalounge will love her.

by Anonymousreply 60December 3, 2023 2:18 AM

she's a batshit crazy election denier - wtf - she's not going to do anything of substance.......American's are nuts......

by Anonymousreply 61December 3, 2023 11:44 PM

[quote]I thought the Koch brothers were dead.

You were half right. David is dead, Charles is not.

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2023 12:25 AM

I will laugh until I pollute my britches if the Nazi Koch cuntrags are forced into backing an immigrant who CONVERTED to Christing.

The John Birch society will oust them despite their legacy status. I am actually praying Nimrata-ji is the nominee. I fucking hope!

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2023 1:29 AM

“He can call me birdbrain all he wants but the thing is… he has no real plan. He’s scared!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2023 2:16 AM

Unfortunately, even when the last of the Koch brothers dies , their devastating and destructive influence on American politics and American society will continue. For example, “Citizen United” is their creation, ALEC is another, and they have developed, recruited, educated, trained , and organized an army of lawyers, politicians, media minds, etc, so that their ideas and influence will continue after their deaths. Sad, but true, they have achieved many of their goals within a very short time period (40 + years).

by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2023 2:51 AM

Federalist Society too.

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2023 3:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!