Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Kindred Spirits", the extremely gay paranormal investigation show

Does anyone else love this show? Despite enjoying paranormal TV shows for entertainment value, I am always skeptical and take them with a grain of salt. This one has a cozy and low-key quality about it that makes it almost relaxing to watch. It features Adam Berry, a gay paranormal investigator who used to be on "Ghost Hunters", and his fellow investigator Amy Bruni. Allegedly haunted New England bed and breakfasts owned by gay couples seem to be one of their realms of expertise. Our resident flaming psychic Chip Coffey often does video calls with them so he can perform "readings" of the spaces from his computer when he can't be there in person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2023 4:13 AM

I do! I love Adam and Amy! Chip Coffey is a drama queen but he's interesting to watch.

I am just like you. I watch for entertainment and am always skeptical. I like the approach that these two take. They don't go in being scared or assuming everything is demonic (I'm looking at you Ghost Adventures and Scooby Douche, Zak). They are more gentle and interested in finding out if there is an afterlife and if so, why are these people hanging around.

Great show, OP. I'd also recommend Destination Fear on Discovery. It got cancelled a year ago and they moved their show to You Tube as Project Fear. They are a bunch of young people who spend the night in some "haunted places" and I find them endearing.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2023 4:42 AM

I miss being younger when I still semi-believed in this stuff and was scared shitless watching Most Haunted on British telly. Derek Acorah (RIP) performing his scammy routine and Lesley the historian being forced into those haunted places and shrieking all over the place.

What's the name of that ghost hunter from that super broey ghost hunting show who later turned out to be gay and got arrested for domestic violence and is now possibly in prison? We had threads about him, but I forget his name now. In any case, I enjoyed that show as well. I might check this one out for the campy aspect, even though I 100% do not believe in ghosts anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2023 4:58 AM

Adam is hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2023 1:32 AM

I love Chip Coffey I should give it a try

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2023 3:55 AM

Adam and Amy have great chemistry—they are both very casual and inquisitive, and they seem to really enjoy each other’s company. Watching Chip roll into these locations with his scarves and dramatic hand gestures is hilarious. He brings the drama.

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2023 4:09 AM

R2, his name is Ryan Buell from Paranomal State. He got his life together and became a licensed professional counselor.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2023 4:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!