Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Does anyone else think Nikki Haley is ultimately going to beat Donald Trump for the GOP nomination?

You can see the outlines of this story starting to emerge right now.

Lots of influential people are coalescing around her, including (1) most of the business establishment and (2) virtually all of the "anything but MAGA" wing of the GOP. The desire to block both Trump and DeSantis, who are two sides of the same soul-destroying coin, from the presidency.

Meanwhile, she is either already in second place (New Hampshire) or moving into second place (Iowa) in the early primary states. She doesn't have to win these states in order to shift the entire narrative.

If she comes in second place in both of the early voting states, she instantly becomes a viable alternative to Trump. Once that happens, I think support for Trump will begin to hemorrhage very, very quickly ... which will cause his support within the GOP political establishment to wither. And so on and so forth.

I would be very happy if I was Nikki Haley right now.

And while I would hate to lose the presidency, I can certainly live with a President Nikki Haley if it means denying Donald Trump another term in office.

by Anonymousreply 191December 18, 2023 9:54 AM

There's no way Trump won't get the nomination. If he didn't, he would run third party, and destroy Republican's chances at the White House.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2023 3:49 AM

The second paragraph should read:

[quote]Lots of influential people are coalescing around her, including (1) most of the business establishment and (2) virtually all of the "anything but MAGA" wing of the GOP. [bold]This coalition is animated by the apparent[/bold] desire to block both Trump and DeSantis, who are two sides of the same soul-destroying coin, from the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2023 3:50 AM

YesšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2023 3:50 AM

No OP.

Unless Dump dies before the election (and we can all hope) - he will be the GOP nomination. The MAGA cult and the others who support Dump demand this. No. Matter. What.

If he dies then maybe but it's difficult to see Republican nominating a female.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2023 3:54 AM

Maybe. We can only hope.

I also hope she punches Vivek in the face at some point, too.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2023 3:55 AM

The conventional wisdom has shifted somewhat. The secret primary, as it is called, has shifted even more.

Still, it depends on some bigger shoe dropping early in the new yearā€¦sooner than laterā€¦otherwise it wonā€™t matter. Republican primaries are winner take all, and the state party organizers are in for Trump all over the map.

Should he slip in Iowa or NH, and she gets him one-on-oneā€¦thereā€™s a bet to be made. She is going for broke; just ask Vivekā€”she flayed him with just a couple of retorts.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2023 3:57 AM

I think there are too many big vested interests backing Trump for him to be torpedoed as the GOP candidate. But I think he'll lose to the Democrats again.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2023 4:09 AM

Agreed R7. And then all hell will break loose this time. Fuck knows what will happen.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2023 4:12 AM

Yes. Iā€™ve predicted this from when she entered the race. Even when her numbers were humiliating. I hate her, of course, but I hope Iā€™m correct that sheā€™ll be the nominee and finally put a stake in Trumpā€™s heart. Sheā€™s smart and not criminally insane.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2023 4:19 AM

The rethuglican party IS the MAGA party. They just play in different shades of awful. Nimrata is little better than Dump.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote]I think there are too many big vested interests backing Trump for him to be torpedoed as the GOP candidate.

I don't know. I think this is Clinton vs. Obama in 2006-07 all over again. Hillary was thought to have it in the tank. All of the "vested interests" were lined up behind her and no one thought they could be dislodged. As soon as Obama showed he was viable by winning Iowa, it put EVERYTHING in play.

Obviously these are very different candidates but the psychology at work amongst the GOP electorate is likely not that much different than it was for Democrats during that primary race.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2023 4:22 AM

[quote] Iā€™ve predicted this from when she entered the race.

Oh bitch, please.

If you predicted this when she got in the race then please produce a link to your early prognostications.

Yes, that's what I thought. Nobody thought Nikki Haley stood a chance when she got in the race. Stop trying to swoop in and act like you got here first.

You can get right back in line behind me.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2023 4:26 AM

I think she's a complete opportunist with no real guiding principles. But, that being said, I think she's a pragmatist. I think she has already hinted that there would be no more pushes for stronger abortion laws in a Haley administration. would probably desert all the culture war issues, and I think she would love to take credit (as would any Republicans) for the improvements to the economy from Joe Biden's infrastructure bill that they all voted against. If we HAD to have a Republican president, she's marginally better than most of the other options- which is as tepid an endorsement as I'd be willing to make.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2023 4:27 AM

I hope so. She would definitely lose to Biden

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2023 4:30 AM

I think she was principled when she got rid of the Confederate Flag from the South Carolina state capitol.

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2023 4:32 AM

If she were to get the nomination, she would win the presidency. Now that Trump is beating Biden in the polls, it has reinvigorated the GOP to support him. However, even they have fatigue and have a backup choice. Haley is it. DeSantis has crashed and burned.

I honestly donā€™t see Biden getting a second term at this point. I hope Iā€™m wrong but Iā€™m getting the same feeling I got in 2016. If we have to have a Republican, Haley is the only one who isnā€™t totally crazy and not a con artist like Trump and Vivek. She speaks out of both sides of her mouth. She has to in order to win over the GOP. At the end of the day you can tell where she stands and what her priorities are. Theyā€™re not MAGA. Sheā€™s still a Republican but the best choice out of the lot of them. The first female president was always going to be a Republican.

I really wish Biden had kept his word and only ran for one term. The sad thing is I donā€™t see a viable alternative to him even if he did drop out. At least not one who could win.

If this country re-elects Trump its lost its mind.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2023 4:40 AM

Nikki Haley will win!

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2023 4:42 AM

Her nomination could scramble American politics of the last 8 years, if not the last 40 or 40. She is a 100% traditional politician coming from a party that has celebrated ideology.

In the Republican side, she might pull back Never Trumpers. But this would come at the price of losing evangelicals and MAGA as well as misogynists or racists. So itā€™s hard to see an active winning coalition.

From Democrats, she might pull away moderates if she can make the rest of her party tone it down. Biden is already losing support of young voters, POC, and leftists.

But for her to succeed requires a transformational candidacy, which her pragmatism and ideological flexibility make difficult. She is not going to energize anyone to a significant extent,

I still canā€™t see the Republicans putting away the Trump addiction. Itā€™s unfortunate that there is not a good Biden alternative or that heā€™s not such a target for his age. Cory Booker without the closetty vibe, Mayor Pete without the wimpiness and racial problems, Amy Klobuchar without the whiny tone. Maybe Gretchen Whitmer.

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2023 4:45 AM

Our alternative to Biden is Gavin Newsom. And donā€™t give me this shit about California being toxic to politicians.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2023 4:54 AM

Gretchen would be a strong candidate. So would Gavin Newsom. The problem is name recognition. 70% of the US electorate pay no attention to politics until they start seeing ads on TV, and then they go for the one whose name they recognize - or else they throw a dart at the ballot. My community keeps electing one of the very worst Republican members of the House of Representatives (minus the Freedom Caucus members, but she's right up there with them). She does NOTHING for our district, but people recognize her name and of course she has an enormous war chest, so she floods the airwaves with ads for 6 months every election year.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2023 4:55 AM

Absolutely not this time around, OP. However, I do think she will get the nomination in 2028 and be elected president. It'll be a change election, so she'll basically waltz into the White House without much effort. Newsom won't translate well in the Midwest, sealing his fate.

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2023 5:05 AM

[quote] If she were to get the nomination, she would win the presidency.

Nope. The Trumptards will only vote for him. They will not support a woman, even if she were a blonde. Without the Trumpanzees no Repug has the numbers.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2023 5:08 AM

You have a very unsophisticated view of the political zeitgeist, R21.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2023 5:08 AM

r15 She took it down after severe pressure, then presented it as her own original idea, she's just the worst.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2023 5:11 AM

[quote]I really wish Biden had kept his word and only ran for one term.

r16 He never said he would only run for one term, why does this lie put out by the Bernie camp back in the summer of 2019 keep getting repeated? And we keep pointing out to you it's a lie, yet you insist on repeating it, almost five full years after it was dismissed as fake news. What exactly is wrong with you people, you're sometimes as bad as the QAnon freaks where facts are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2023 5:15 AM

No. She's had a very easy ride so far because there are a lot in the media who like her and could see themselves voting for her and Trump hasn't viewed her as a threat. But she will soon face much more scrutiny. Also whereas Trump has highly enthusiastic supporters her support will have to come from the 40% who don't support Trump and have so far not rushed to support her. Enthusiasm is crucial to win a primary and I don't see it being there for her regardless of the media push for her.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2023 5:17 AM

[quote] From Democrats, she might pull away moderates if she can make the rest of her party tone it down. Biden is already losing support of young voters, POC, and leftists.

NO ONE can make the MAGAts tone it down. Before them it was the Tea Party, it metastasized and led to the fracture of the traditional Republican party. Now losers like Gaetz, MTG and Boebert have their own constituencies, have cut their own deals for dark money and must be placated by the party. They are the power brokers in the Republican party. That's why all sane Republicans have been jumping ship for the last 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2023 5:18 AM

MAGA won't go for her in 2024 or 2028. Their shriveled souls want Orange Satan, who has promised them "Retribution!" and the suffering of liberals. That's the only policy MAGA is invested in and the only platform they will vote for, probably for the rest of their lives.

Additionally, R25 is correct. Berners who repeat this lie are morons.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2023 5:18 AM

r23 Zero counterarguments, just low-effort name calling with some elitist quip you farted out. Did a washerwoman teach you how to argue?

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2023 5:20 AM

[QUOTE]Meanwhile, she is either already in second place (New Hampshire) or moving into second place (Iowa) in the early primary states. She doesn't have to win these states in order to shift the entire narrative.

Keep in mind Trump doesn't have a ground operation in Iowa and the governor endorsed DeSantis. I don't know about New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2023 5:22 AM

It's hilarious because r23 is also the OP.

[quote]I would be very happy if I was Nikki Haley right now.

Very sophisticated thinking, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2023 5:22 AM

r30 He didn't even bother with Iowa in 2016 and then went on to win the presidency, OP is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2023 5:23 AM

Is OP defacto?

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2023 5:26 AM

Nikki Haley is a POS moron who believes in nothing.

She ain't winning SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2023 5:29 AM

[quote] Our alternative to Biden is Gavin Newsom. And donā€™t give me this shit about California being toxic to politicians.

Itā€™s not bullshit, itā€™s the truth. No one from California will get elected, and especially not Newsom who is beyond hated by voters. His MAGA ex will wet herself at the thought of airing out all his dirty laundry. He has way too much baggage and is an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2023 6:33 AM

Americans are over against 99% of the bonehead policies Newsom has put forward. Thatā€™s not going to fly in a General Election.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2023 6:35 AM

Americans are overwhelmingly against 99% of the bonehead policies Newsom has put forward. Thatā€™s not going to fly in a General Election.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2023 6:35 AM

First of all , if for some odd reason Trump doesn't become the nominee the Magats will raise hell and burn it all down. They will start the whole stop the steal all over again. So I doubt there will be another nominee besides Trump

by Anonymousreply 38November 25, 2023 10:27 AM

Absolutely no way. Haley can't even poll better than DeSatan and DeSatan is only at 13%. Trump has a MASSIVE lead, well outside of the margin of error. The only way Trump doesn't get the nomination is if he dies or drops out.

And then imagine if he does die or drop out: who are his voters more likely to vote for? I think DeSatan - Haley is too 'moderate' for them as well as a woman and an ethnic minority.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 25, 2023 11:06 AM

I donā€™t know about Haley, but I donā€™t think Trump has a chance in hell of winning and I think itā€™s unlikely he will even get the nomination. In 2020 he had a good showing because many of the people who originally voted for him were unwilling to admit they had cut him too much slack and lots of people were pissed at the reactions against him and his supporters (especially the stuff about how people were dying of COVID because of him). Now heā€™s lost momentum and his childishness and his part in the divisiveness that has worsened has sunk in. Someone ā€œsafeā€ will probably win, so maybe Haley has a good shot but a democrat could, too. Biden could win, but his age is a big problem. And that also makes Trumpā€™s age a bigger handicap for him. Trumpā€™s Jewish connection could help him but it wonā€™t be nearly enough. The voters who would vote against him based on that would never have voted for him anyway but some others will hold their nose and vote for him over a candidate who wasnā€™t strongly pro-Israel. But no way would that be enough.

People are exhausted and donā€™t want a new or unique candidate, not even one that would have been appealing four or eight years ago. So Biden has a chance. And people are tired of Hunter and Burisma as negatives. Those wonā€™t hurt him that much.

A moderate, male democrat with a military background and a very strong immigration reform platform and a willingness to admit we need the functional equivalent of a wall would win. 100%, hands down. But not Pete because he blew it with the paternity leave (maybe a straight guy whose wife actually gave birth to twins and had a rough pregnancy could have gotten away with it, but he didnā€™t so you could argue that itā€™s homophobia) and allowing the perception of not doing enough to take hold and because he would be too Johnny come lately to a strong immigration stance. but I donā€™t think the Democratic Party will nominate someone with that stance. Not DeSantis because heā€™s gotten too much negative press already and he wore those white boots.

Ramaswamy has zero chance of being president because people are tired of negativity and being anti woke is ridiculous. Not valuing woke is fine, a positive. Actively against it is not what people want.

An independent dark horse is extremely unlikely. People are too burnt out and donā€™t want more conflict. But not completely impossible. The individual would have to be so above reproach that their existence is almost impossible.

by Anonymousreply 40November 25, 2023 11:59 AM

If she wins the nomination, she will beat Biden.

by Anonymousreply 41November 25, 2023 12:01 PM

I told you bitches a long time ago, and posted the same here, that I detected Haley's hellacious ambition to be the POTUS even before Trump appointed her UN Ambassador.

Hell, an astronaut then, and now, in orbit detects that, not that there is anything wrong with ambition.

I think she was lukewarm about the UN position. After Haley left it, I realized she took it to serve her goal- being UN Ambassador gave her access to Trump that allowed her to up-close, take his measure, so she had it in her arsenal when she needed it.

Yeah, I get it. The OP's question is about whether she can beat Trump for the nomination.

I agree that his supporters will go over Niagara Falls in their monkey barrel for him and that's all there is to it.

But, I've never underestimated Haley.

She's Eve Harrington to Trump's low-rent, wannabe, never-to-be-equal-to Margo Channing.

by Anonymousreply 42November 25, 2023 12:11 PM

Itā€™s the race for second place to see who will come closest and still loses to trump.

The primary election starts very soon. Then it will be the gop voters, a lot who are hardcore MAGA who will decide , not the big donors and policy folks in the gop would support someone other than trump.

Now if the debates between biden and trump begin and Donald loses control and takes a shit on stage. Or starts to speak in tongues.. Yes then he will lose support and the election.

The same holds if itā€™s biden on the dirty end of this story. And at 80 nothing is impossible.

The gop only hope to stop trump other than trump shitting on stage itā€™s a Haley-Desantis ticket now before the primary voting starts.

by Anonymousreply 43November 25, 2023 12:21 PM

Agree with previous posters - Haley nomination = Haley win. She will pull the never Trumpers and independents who fled from MAGA and ultimately Republicans will vote for the Republican in the presidential race when it comes down to it.

I felt we didn't have a Biden alternative and read and heard a bit recently about the deep Democratic bench. Looking at what's happened on the Republican side with the debates we've seen Haley pull through after the last few months. What would have happened on the Democratic side? Who knows who would have separated from the pack like Biden did in March 2020 and Obama in 2008?

Like those two I feel like it is happening now behind Haley. With Trumps legal woes and his declining mental state becoming much more obvious and talked about, I feel like it really is slipping for him.

I feel resigned knowing this Haley situation may come to pass but I can live with it. It would be a continued trend of a president that respects the rule of law and would be the nail in Trumps coffin. I worry about the Supreme Court but well that ship has sailed anyway. Can't Thomas drop dead? Anyway....

If we look at the alternative of stepping to the edge of no return with a Biden vs. Trump match again, I would gladly forgo that stress knowing the future of democracy would survive for now if Haley was the Republican nominee. I don't like it but I can live with it.

Hold me David.

by Anonymousreply 44November 25, 2023 12:27 PM

Trumpā€™s chance at the nomination isnā€™t that strong. I think people are underestimating the damage Trump did to himself AFTER the 2020 election and he lost that election. He definitely wonā€™t win in 2024 and people know that and therefore he wonā€™t get the nomination. One way or another heā€™ll be stopped. I think even Trump has the ability to recognize this and will simply run out the clock showboating until he feels the time is right to concede / not concede call it something else and talk about how he was the best president ever the this next president will just have to do.

by Anonymousreply 45November 25, 2023 12:37 PM

Watch for an increasing number of attacks on Haley. She will be one marked woman now and until she is no longer seen as a threat to trump.

Ask desantis how that feels.

If Haley does get the nod the only thing that can stop her from being elected is abortion. And she is going to minimize and soft talk abortion as much as she can.

Haley beats Biden soundly.. With lots of help from the leftist progressives of course

by Anonymousreply 46November 25, 2023 12:38 PM

Nope. tRump will be the GQP nominee. No matter how unpopular Biden is, he will beat tRump.

by Anonymousreply 47November 25, 2023 12:39 PM

If Trump has to drop out for some reason se will be the one running against Biden.

by Anonymousreply 48November 25, 2023 12:40 PM

I don't think there's any way she can beat Trump for the nomination, but I do think there's a small chance that Trump drops out for some reason and throws his support to her in exchange for a federal pardon. She would then beat Biden.

by Anonymousreply 49November 25, 2023 1:17 PM

R49

I am not arguing since I mostly agree.

But what other than a significant Heath issue could see trump drop out? And if it is a significant physical or mental health issue a pardon will not be his major concern.

Trump wants to win. He badly wants to win. He has so much pay back to deal out. A stroke might not keep him from running.

by Anonymousreply 50November 25, 2023 1:50 PM

R50- Trump is running for his life in this election. Being reelected is the only way he avoids prison and he knows this. Nothing short of death will stop him from running in this election.

by Anonymousreply 51November 25, 2023 1:57 PM

[quote]I really wish Biden had kept his word and only ran for one term.

Please, enough of the bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2023 2:13 PM

Trump could drop out.

It would take a lot to convince him he would lose, but it could happen. That would be a big stick and a carrot would help, too. Heā€™s unlikely to be swayed by JUST a carrot because he knows once he drops out he is largely over. But a consortium of billionaires stepping in and offering to fund a $100 billion presidential library on the moon with holograms of him and a spaceship shuttle or a Presidential Medal of Freedom with an induction ceremony at the White House where Biden has to hold his coat would help.

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2023 2:19 PM

Nikki might even get nominated, but do you think Trump will acknowledge that? Do you think his crazy base will acknowledge that he lost? No. They will not and this alone will cause even more chaos. Anyone who dares beat Trump will have a very tough time fending of the crazed magats.

by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2023 2:20 PM

Of course, there is always the chance he goes back on his word once the medal is in his chest or the land rights on the moon are secured.

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2023 2:20 PM

Putin chooses who the GOP nominee is and Trump is Putin's guy. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2023 2:28 PM

You people are insane. Trump supporters (assuming he drops out or dies) won't vote for Haley to get the nomination. There have even been polls asking this hypothetical question and DeSantis polls something like 20 pts ahead of Haley.

by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2023 3:02 PM

DONT GET RELAXED OVER MODERATES. After all, it was moderate George H W Bush who gave us Clarence Thomas. He threw a bone to the extreme Right, and weā€™ve suffered with it for 22 years.

by Anonymousreply 58November 25, 2023 3:03 PM

R50, someone could have Trump killed. Thatā€™s a significant health issue. I surprised it hasnā€™t happened already.

by Anonymousreply 59November 25, 2023 3:06 PM

Even if Trump doesn't get the nomination, MAGAts will write-in his name for their ballot.

DIVIDE!!

by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2023 3:13 PM

[quote]Even if Trump doesn't get the nomination

He will get it if he's in the race. I seriously don't understand anyone who thinks otherwise. There is ZERO way for anyone else to get it.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2023 3:20 PM

Never happen.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2023 3:33 PM

Israel decides. It will be Niki.

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2023 3:37 PM

[quote]Israel decides. It will be Niki.

Moronic comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2023 3:38 PM

ā€œWe need to look forward, and heā€™s not it. Heā€™s a whining 5 year old dragging his feet. Weā€™ve given him enough time, and now we have to move on as a party.ā€

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2023 4:00 PM

Delulu OP. Very very delulu.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2023 4:02 PM

Thereā€™s a black swan event that takes Trumpā€™s nomination right off the table.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2023 4:13 PM

[quote] Trump is running for his life in this election. Being reelected is the only way he avoids prison

How? He canā€™t pardon himself when it comes to non-federal convictions.

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2023 4:21 PM

R67 Yes, if he dies or drops out. BUT even in that case, DeSantis is quite a lot more likely than Haley to win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2023 4:21 PM

R52, heā€™s on tape saying it. We arenā€™t deaf nor brain dead.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2023 4:22 PM

R70, since you have full aural and cognitive capability, why donā€™t you provide a link to that ā€œtapeā€? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2023 5:04 PM

Trump could be a rotting corpse by the time the election rolls around and his braindead magats will still vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2023 5:08 PM

Nikki Haley could get some of the Bernie Bros because she looks like Tulsi Gabbard without the acne scars.

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2023 5:42 PM

R69 but that is not trueā€”

1. All bets are off in the case of outlier, including Trump simply underperforming in Iowa.

2. Sheā€™s already ahead of DeSantos in the ā€œbehind the scenesā€ primary.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2023 6:09 PM

[quote]Trump is running for his life in this election. Being reelected is the only way he avoids prison and he knows this.

Win or not, he is never going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2023 6:13 PM

Sheā€™s already said that the first thing sheā€™s going to do if sheā€™s elected is pardon Trump. And if you believe she wonā€™t try to ban abortion you are delusional.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2023 6:18 PM

If she wins the nomination, and Trump runs independent, that will divide the Republicans, and Biden will easily win the election.

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2023 6:20 PM

R74

It would be something to watch, how he might react if he underperformed in Iowa. That could make for fantastic tv.

His base is not going to let anyone including Iowa voters upset their plans. Trump owns far too much of the gop.

Funny if trump turned out to be the easiest of the gop front runners to beat in the general election. And one on one I think he would be.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2023 6:20 PM

Agree, Trump would have to drop dead. MAGAT crazies control the Republican primary now, They'll vote for him even if he's sitting in jail. If by some weird chance he loses the primary he HAS to invent his own party and run for office to keep the grift going. Nothing less than president will satisfy his ego. That will doom the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2023 6:27 PM

Thatā€™s my pointā€”he doesnā€™t have to lose Iowa or NH ā€¦any outlier works against himā€¦and the most likely beneficiary is Haley not DeSantisā€¦ the good press and $ will go to her and not to Rhonda. And then itā€™s South Carolinaā€™s turn. A poor January for Trump means a good February for Haley. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2023 6:34 PM

Could Haley Really Beat Trump? Big Donors Are Daring to Dream.

Powerful players in the business world have gravitated toward Nikki Haley, aware that she remains an underdog but beginning to believe she has a chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2023 6:41 PM

" How? He canā€™t pardon himself when it comes to non-federal convictions. "

No, but he can make those cases go away. If he is reelected democracy will be over. We will be living in a dictatorship.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2023 6:50 PM

I think people are badly overestimating the number of Trump supporters out there. He could ensure a democratic win by running independently, but he canā€™t win the election and itā€™s very, very unlikely he can win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2023 8:20 PM

R! "destroy Republican's chances": Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2023 8:29 PM

[quote]I think people are badly overestimating the number of Trump supporters out there.

Oh, his supporters alone certainly can't get him elected president. But I think you are underestimating the number of reactionary voters out there, who vote against the incumbent because they're not happy with the way things are going. They don't much care who the other guy is or what he stands for, they're just registering their dissatisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2023 8:43 PM

No, Republicans will win thanks to frustrated and desperate people who will either stay home or give protest votes to Trump. No way they will vote another corporate shill, it is why Biden is losing.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2023 8:43 PM

Trump is the ultimate shill ā€”slashing corporate and high income tax is all they want or need

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2023 8:53 PM

R69, DeSantis needs to place a very strong second in BOTH New Hampshire and Iowa or else he is out of the race. They fucking hate him in New Hampshire and he will probably come in fourth place there.

He is hanging by a thread. Nobody likes him, not the voters and not the donors who he needs to fund his so-called campaign.

Nikki Haley only needs to outperform expectations before she takes flight. She is actually peaking at the perfect moment.

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2023 8:57 PM

[quote][R15] She took it down after severe pressure, then presented it as her own original idea, she's just the worst.

She was under severe pressure from both sides of that argument and she made the right choice. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2023 8:59 PM

R83

He has enough hard core supporters to totally dominate the GOP. If you doubt this you have not been paying attention. He is dominating the field. Different than being able to win a general election.

The only thing that can stop trump is trump. Or the mothership returns a few decades to early and returns him home before his time.

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2023 9:01 PM

R87 But he has problems with the most important of them, the military industry complex. Wall street people who are behind this don't like him.

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2023 9:02 PM

Nimrata kicks forward.

by Anonymousreply 92November 25, 2023 9:06 PM

WTF is going on with the site

by Anonymousreply 93November 25, 2023 9:09 PM

I'm sorry, but Biden does need to drop out. I think he has been a good president but when you put him next to Trump in a debate, I don't think the contrast is going to look great, especially amongst an electorate that is actively looking to confirm their own age-related biases against him.

And he may not be "on tape" promising that he would only serve one term, but there was credible chatter in the run up to 2020 that he would term limit himself. Frankly, it was inconceivable four years ago that he would run for a second term at age 82. He was already too old in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 94November 25, 2023 9:10 PM

Yet he won with no psych promise. Handily.

by Anonymousreply 95November 25, 2023 9:12 PM

*such

by Anonymousreply 96November 25, 2023 9:12 PM

Maybe Trump will pick Haley as his running mate.

by Anonymousreply 97November 25, 2023 9:16 PM

His age was not on the public's radar in 2020, R95.

I don't know why you are ignoring the polls that show this is a problem for him. Nor do I know why you are ignoring the fact that, regardless of how much younger Trump is or is not, Trump comes across as completely lucid (though deranged) and Biden can barely keep himself awake. He is too fucking old and he will lose the election because of it if he remains in the race.

by Anonymousreply 98November 25, 2023 9:17 PM

Trump will refuse to debate Biden R94, just as he's refused to participate in any of the GQP debates. It's because he's sundowning and will say really crazy shit in a debate format.

Now carry on witb your "Biden is old" talking points, hon.

by Anonymousreply 99November 25, 2023 9:17 PM

R94

The best thing biden can do is stand next to nutso trump in a debate. Trump coming out to debate may be joes best hope.

by Anonymousreply 100November 25, 2023 9:17 PM

why aren't links working

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 25, 2023 9:22 PM

This site is so fucking bootleg. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2023 9:24 PM

[quote]Trump will refuse to debate Biden [R94], just as he's refused to participate in any of the GQP debates.

He is refusing to debate in the GOP primary because he has nothing to gain from it. That will not be true in a general election against Joe Biden, where all he needs to do is show up and register consciousness in order to look better than the incumbent president.

You're comparing apples and oranges and you have misunderstood his reasons for not showing up at the GOP debates.

by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2023 9:26 PM

" Trump comes across as completely lucid (though deranged) "

If you him believing that he is running against Obama and President Biden is " going to get us in to WW2 lucid, ok. Then there is the windmill cancer. šŸ¤£

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2023 9:28 PM

You clearly don't understand the concept of lucidity if you wrote that nonsensical post, R104.

Why should we listen to you when you communicate less clearly than even Joe Biden?

Are you 82 years old?

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2023 9:30 PM

R105- Did you even watch the last debate? Trump was geeked out of his mind. He has been using drugs to prop himself up and that isn't working any longer. His father had Alzheimer's, which Trump brutally picked him for , and after a lifetime of drug abuse and the stress of the indictments he is far from mentally competent. He is also about to lose his businesses, which I believe has upset him more than the criminal charges.

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2023 9:35 PM

^ Mocked, not picked.

by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2023 9:38 PM

[quote] you have misunderstood his reasons for not showing up at the GOP debates

Apparently R103 has some sort of super-secret insight into Trump's reasoning. Miss Thing wants us to not believe what we see with our own eyes. TRUMP IS SUNDOWNING, JOE BIDEN IS NOT. Watch five minutes of any Trump rally and five minutes of any Biden speech and get back to us.

by Anonymousreply 108November 25, 2023 10:02 PM

Dream on.

by Anonymousreply 109November 25, 2023 10:06 PM

The GOP is a total train wreck. 2024 is going to be an absolute blood bath for them. No matter what the media says, the majority of Americans are not that stupid.

Theyā€™ve alienated women, African Americans, Hispanics, etc. Itā€™s not going to happen for them.

Theyā€™re going to do about as well as Moms for Liberty did in the recent election. You can monopolise right-wing media, it doesnā€™t necessarily translate into votes.

by Anonymousreply 110November 25, 2023 10:12 PM

Maybe OPā€¦

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 25, 2023 10:20 PM

"In a series of early morning tweets, retiring congressman and long-shot presidential candidate, Dean Phillips, articulated his thoughts on the 2024 election.

He said while he was a staunch supporter of the Biden agenda and respects the president, he thinks the level of government missteps is ā€œstaggeringā€ and that its ā€œdelusionalā€ to believe that Joe Biden could beat Donald Trump again.

ā€œHeā€™s going to lose to Trump,ā€ Phillips wrote to X, citing a recent Politico analysis of Bidenā€™s worrisome poll numbers. Once a fervent Biden fanboy, Phillips has become the only elected Democrat to mount a primary challenge against him."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2023 10:42 PM

WHY is everyone taking these jenky polls at face value? Um, hello, Democrats have been OVERPERFORMING in the last few election cycles, including off-year elections where people don't typically turn out.

And we're to believe some poll that has 34 black people in it saying they now love Trump to extrapolate to all of the black people in the country? I can't get over how some people just swallow the obvious BS.

That doesn't mean that Democrats should slack off, but I've had it with all of the gloom and doom pants wetting.

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2023 10:59 PM

Haley wants to cut Social Security which is opposed by over 85% of Americans. That looks like a policy targeted to rich donors.

by Anonymousreply 114November 26, 2023 12:16 AM

Haley is an establishment Republican, which is now considered a moderate Republican

Trump, to use the wise words of Rex Tillerson, is a "fucking moron"

Biden is too old and not living in the real world

Whitmer ,Philips, Buttigieg, and Newsom are really are only hope.

by Anonymousreply 115November 26, 2023 1:46 AM

Newsome has far far worse reputation thsn Biden.

Democrats don't need a candidate that would attract upper class and upper middle class voters. They already have them. They need someone who can attract people who are frustrated by the inflation, housing crisis, immigration crisis etc. They don't need another corporate shill nor batshit "progressive" that are runining cities with crime and homeless crisis. Do they have one? Bernie was the one who could have attracted white and hispanic working class, but he has been marginalized.

by Anonymousreply 116November 26, 2023 7:57 AM

Thereā€™s never going to be a face to face debate with Trump, he will evade direct confrontations becuase they KNOW heā€™d flub them.

by Anonymousreply 117November 26, 2023 8:03 AM

Oh God here we go with the Bernie shit.

by Anonymousreply 118November 26, 2023 9:17 AM

The idea that Donald Trump is ā€œsundowningā€ (and I had to look this ridiculous term up) and Joe Biden is somehow not is hilarious.

Donald Trump is flying across the country participating in four different criminal trials, while also running a presidential campaign, and we still see him every day on the news. Joe Biden can barely handle a trip to Ukraine and only does a photo op while he is there. No questions allowed.

Did his interview with Kristin Welker a few weeks ago? Donald Trumpā€™s I mean? If you saw that interview, and you saw how animated and lucid and evil he was, and youā€™re now trying to tell me that this man has dementia, then I have a bridge I want to sell your dumbass. He walked all over the newly-appointed moderator of MEET THE PRESS. Someone with dementia is not going to be able to do that.

Speaking of which, when is the last time Joe Biden sat down for a fucking interview?

Biden needs to stand down and let someone (who is not Kamala Harris) step in.

by Anonymousreply 119November 26, 2023 9:28 AM

Hopefully even Bernie knows that he has no chance at this point.

by Anonymousreply 120November 26, 2023 9:29 AM

R119 They are both useless old fucks. If we are going to have someone useless in the WH, it should at least be someone young and hot.

by Anonymousreply 121November 26, 2023 9:39 AM

No, OP. What could people convince to choose her?

by Anonymousreply 122November 26, 2023 11:43 AM

R121 That's what porn sites are for. Politics is fame for ugly people.

by Anonymousreply 123November 26, 2023 1:05 PM

Andy Beshear is someone I'd keep an eye on.

by Anonymousreply 124November 26, 2023 1:37 PM

Desantis doing real well in Iowa among voters

Haley doing real well in New Hampshire.

If both of these are true and translate into votes it does beg the question, what could those two do together as a ticket now before primary votes are cast. It could be really good for them or not. But it would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 125November 26, 2023 1:51 PM

DeSantis is barely holding off Nikki Haley in Iowa. He needs to come in second place in Iowa or else he is done, and Nikki Haley is polling, on average, two percentage points behind him, with all of the momentum on her side.

by Anonymousreply 126November 26, 2023 1:56 PM

And DeSantis and Nikki Haley are not going to unite as a single ticket because one of them would have to agree to be Vice President and neither one of them has any reason to agree to that right now.

DeSantis might wish he had though, in a couple of months LOL

by Anonymousreply 127November 26, 2023 1:58 PM

By 'real good' in Iowa you mean that Trump is polling an average of 44.7% and DeSantis an average of 17.5%? Even IF DeSantis and Haley's vote share were combined (not likely, since they have different appeals), they still don't beat Trump.

[quote] DeSantis is barely holding off Nikki Haley in Iowa. He needs to come in second place in Iowa or else he is done, and Nikki Haley is polling, on average, two percentage points behind him, with all of the momentum on her side.

Not necessarily because neither are winning if Trump are in the race. Any sensible person knows this. And if Trump is out of the race, you can't assume that Trump voters would go for Haley over DeSantis. The opposite is a lot more likely.

by Anonymousreply 128November 26, 2023 2:00 PM

* is, not are

by Anonymousreply 129November 26, 2023 2:01 PM

I predicted Haley would be the first female President years ago. Maybe not in 2024 but sheā€™ll be unstoppable in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 130November 26, 2023 2:07 PM

[quote]Not necessarily because neither are winning if Trump are in the race. Any sensible person knows this.

I don't agree with that. This is exactly what people thought about Barack Obama. Black voters were VERY hesitant to line up behind him, they stuck with Hillary Clinton right up until Obama won in Iowa. Once we demonstrated that he was viable, people who had been completely loyal to Hillary Clinton started tearing away and moving towards Obama. I think a similar dynamic is at work here.

Trump has captivated the GOP but a lot of this is Stockholm Syndrome. Once someone shows they are viable then there is going to be a dogfight. I am not saying Trump is going to LOSE all of his support. But he really only needs to lose 30% or 40% for another candidate to become viable. I think Nikki Haley is that candidate.

by Anonymousreply 131November 26, 2023 2:08 PM

"Once we demonstrated that he was viable" should read "Once [bold]he[/bold] demonstrated that he was viable."

by Anonymousreply 132November 26, 2023 2:09 PM

R128

Thanks for the reality check. I needed it. So trump canā€™t be stopped. None of them alone could come close.

And that maybe the absolute best news for Biden. Trump in front of the voters just might get a dead man elected. Assuming no significant 3rd party to suck up votes.

Go Trump

by Anonymousreply 133November 26, 2023 2:11 PM

R131 The polling gives Trump over 20pt a lead in Iowa at present. If you understand polling that means it's outside the margin of error. That is, he's going to win. Unless something radically changes in between now and January.

by Anonymousreply 134November 26, 2023 2:12 PM

Of course Trump is going to win Iowa, R134. You are missing my point. Nikki Haley does not need to win Iowa or New Hampshire in order to win the long game. She just needs to demonstrate viability. And then, when she does win in South Carolina, the dog fight begins.

by Anonymousreply 135November 26, 2023 2:17 PM

R135 The sad thing is that Dump is likely to win South Carolina as well. Yes, Haley's own home state.

by Anonymousreply 136November 26, 2023 2:25 PM

I just read through this thread in one sitting.

It's almost like some of you bitches WANT Trump to win.

by Anonymousreply 137November 26, 2023 2:26 PM

R135 Here you go if you don't believe me:

"Donald Trump maintains a dominant 35-point lead in the latest Winthrop University Poll of Republican voters in South Carolina, the state that will hold the First in The South Republican presidential primary.

A recent CNN poll found Trumpā€™s support in South Carolina is at 53%, with 82% of his supporters saying they have made up their mind.

With roughly one-in-five of Trumpā€™s South Carolina supporters being persuadable, it leaves a narrow path for Haley to be victorious in the winner-take-all Feb. 24 primary."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 26, 2023 2:28 PM

R138

Narrow path :-)

Yes Iā€™d say that article defines a very narrow path for Haley even in her own home state. I am surprised by how far ahead trump is over her in SC.

Go Trump

by Anonymousreply 139November 26, 2023 3:06 PM

R139 Fuck you and your 'Go Trump'.

by Anonymousreply 140November 26, 2023 3:10 PM

Push polls hype buzz SPLAT

by Anonymousreply 141November 26, 2023 3:11 PM

R141 It's called reality. If someone is polling 30+ pts ahead that's a mountain to climb in just 3 months. This isn't remotely like the Biden-Trump polls which are all within the margin of error.

by Anonymousreply 142November 26, 2023 3:19 PM

R138, it isn't that I don't believe the numbers. It's more that you are assuming those numbers can't or won't change overnight the moment that Trump appears to have a viable alternative.

You will just have to wait and see.

Don't worry, I will be right here to say "I told you so."

by Anonymousreply 143November 26, 2023 3:25 PM

[quote][R141] It's called reality.

It's a poll. It is anything but reality.

Are you 25 years old or something? It's like you have never seen an election before.

by Anonymousreply 144November 26, 2023 3:27 PM

[quote]Don't worry, I will be right here to say "I told you so."

You will not. Unfortunately. Trump has a death grip on the Republican party. Only way anyone else has a chance is if he dies or is forced to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 145November 26, 2023 3:27 PM

[quote]It's a poll. It is anything but reality. Are you 25 years old or something? It's like you have never seen an election before.

Weird comment. I have seen many elections and made a lot of money from several too. It's just that you don't understand how to interpret polls nor politics.

by Anonymousreply 146November 26, 2023 3:28 PM

We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 147November 26, 2023 3:29 PM

[quote]It's just that you don't understand how to interpret polls nor politics.

You're not even interpreting.

Your version of interpretation is: "Derp. Trump is up by 30% so Trump is going to win the nomination."

If you make your money off elections then who is your candidate because I doubt he or she is winning very much with those analytical skills.

by Anonymousreply 148November 26, 2023 3:31 PM

Unfathomably, NimšŸ€ is uglier on the inside than on the outside

by Anonymousreply 149November 26, 2023 3:33 PM

R148 Funny because you've just shown how you don't understand polling at all. If you're up 30% that means you're outside the margin of error. And I have been clear that things can drastically change in between now and the election.

by Anonymousreply 150November 26, 2023 3:34 PM

This is all about what happens if he has a physical or mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 151November 26, 2023 3:35 PM

[quote]And I have been clear that things can drastically change in between now and the election.

Exactly. So why are you talking about the margin of error?

Hillary Clinton was outside the margin of error at this point in 2007 as well.

by Anonymousreply 152November 26, 2023 3:36 PM

PRINCETON, NJ -- Despite extensive news coverage of Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's improved position in Iowa and New Hampshire recently, there has been little change in the positioning of the Democratic presidential candidates on a national level, according to a new USA Today/Gallup poll. New York Sen. Hillary Clinton continues to have a substantial lead over the group of Democrats vying to win the party's nomination for president in 2008. Obama remains a solid second, as he has been all year, with former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards continuing to hold down third place. Clinton's support improved modestly from a dip earlier this month and is nearly back to her high levels from the late summer and early fall. Obama's support has shown a gradual improvement in the past month, and has returned to its late summer/early fall levels.

The Dec. 14-16, 2007, poll shows that Clinton continues to have a large lead over her competitors, with 45% of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents saying they support her for the nomination. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats support Obama and 15% support Edwards. Sen. Joe Biden (3%), Gov. Bill Richardson (2%), and Rep. Dennis Kucinich (2%) are well behind in what has pretty much been a three-person race the entire campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 26, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote]If you saw that interview, and you saw how animated and lucid and evil he was, and youā€™re now trying to tell me that this man has dementia, then I have a bridge I want to sell your dumbass.

Seriously? Go to his social media site and look at the rageful shit he constantly posts there. Then tell us just how ā€œlucidā€ he is.

by Anonymousreply 154November 26, 2023 4:00 PM

But you are all forgetting the hierarchy for Boomer Evangelical Christians:

TRUMP

jesus

Being rude and not tipping at lunch after Sunday services

Everything else

by Anonymousreply 155November 26, 2023 4:35 PM

R140

If you are a dem and hoping trump does not get the gop nod and you want biden to face Haley or Desantis then you have either not been paying attention or you are dumber than shit..

Trump is Bidenā€™s best hope. He might be Bidenā€™s only hope.

by Anonymousreply 156November 26, 2023 4:39 PM

[quote]How? He canā€™t pardon himself when it comes to non-federal convictions.

Pardons arenā€™t the only consideration. If heā€™s chief executive of the USA how does a state imprison him? It just creates a constitutional crisis.

Itā€™s like freedom of speech ā€” when the founding fathers established the constitution, did they anticipate that an anti-democratic (small D) Australian would use that freedom to move a large percentage of Americans away from the rule of law and representative government?

by Anonymousreply 157November 26, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote] The idea that Donald Trump is ā€œsundowningā€ (and I had to look this ridiculous term up) and Joe Biden is somehow not is hilarious.

For R119, since it thinks that sundowning is ridiculous, but then uses that term to describe Joe Biden. But I must be a RADICAL DEMOCRATIC OPERATIVE to use it to describe Trump's ranting and raving about running against Obama or us fighting in WW II right now.

Maybe R119 is DJT Jr., trolling here to defend his Daddy. Junior, it's okay if you want to dip your toe in the gay boy pond. Maybe you're tired of dating an ugly coke addicted whore Kimberly Gargoyle.

Either that or R119 is 12 years old and knows nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 26, 2023 11:07 PM

[quote]For [R119], since it thinks that sundowning is ridiculous, but then uses that term to describe Joe Biden. But I must be a RADICAL DEMOCRATIC OPERATIVE to use it to describe Trump's ranting and raving about running against Obama or us fighting in WW II right now.

No, dummy. You're not a radical Democratic operative. You are far too simple minded for that.

What I think, actually, is that it's ridiculous to even attempt to make the argument that Donald Trump has dementia while simultaneously making the argument that Joe Biden does not. This is a very simple comparison to make.

You can try and shame me all you want, you reactionary dipshit. You're not going to shame me. Everyone can see what an idiot you are, and frankly, you are embarrassing yourself with these non-serious arguments.

Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2023 2:04 AM

[quote]For [R119], since it thinks that sundowning is ridiculous, but then uses that term to describe Joe Biden.

And you are drunk and referring to yourself, because I never used that term to describe Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 160November 27, 2023 2:07 AM

Trump will NOT be our next President. The CIA will see to it, in one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 161November 27, 2023 2:16 AM

Have a look at this ridiculous photo that his tonedeaf team had the nerve to post to Insta.

That ain't the look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 27, 2023 2:24 AM

[quote] The idea that Donald Trump is ā€œsundowningā€ (and I had to look this ridiculous term up) and Joe Biden is somehow not is hilarious.

[quote] And you are drunk and referring to yourself, because I never used that term to describe Joe Biden.

R119 apparently cannot read what came out of her bloated, puffy fingers. You call sundowning a ridiculous term then basically say that Joe Biden is somehow not sundowning. Go eat some more of Trump's excrement, hon.

by Anonymousreply 163November 27, 2023 4:57 AM

Thatā€™s the stupidest take in history and it doesnā€™t rescue your dipshit argument. When I used the word sundown, I was quoting your stupid ass.

by Anonymousreply 164November 27, 2023 5:55 AM

[Quote] First of all , if for some odd reason Trump doesn't become the nominee the Magats will raise hell and burn it all down. They will start the whole stop the steal all over again.

They'll just have to suck it up like we did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165November 27, 2023 6:05 AM

ā€œHe doesnā€™t represent the party at all these days. Heā€™s off in a corner. We say this about Joe Biden, but why does Donald Trump get a free pass? He had his chance and itā€™s time to move on. Heā€™s deeply unpopular and controversy seems to follow him.ā€

by Anonymousreply 166November 27, 2023 6:18 AM

The reason some want Biden to move on are his poll ratings; they're afraid he might not win

by Anonymousreply 167November 27, 2023 6:27 AM

Nikki Haley is up with the Koch network endorsement. Time for Biden to get out so we can run Newsom. I could also this being a winnable race for Kamala, believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 168November 28, 2023 1:50 PM

Newsome and Kamala would get Yellow Dog (partisan Dem) votes. Massive national failures.

by Anonymousreply 169November 28, 2023 1:53 PM

The Dems and the Joe must go and the Joe must stay factions will rip the dem party absolutely apart at the convention if Joe does go.

They will not come together they will destroy .

by Anonymousreply 170November 28, 2023 1:57 PM

R168 why do you think that Newsom stands better chance than Biden. Which demography could he attract, that wouldn't already give Biden their votes?

by Anonymousreply 171November 28, 2023 2:00 PM

He would meet or exceed Biden's performance EVERYWHERE, dummy. Biden is at 36%, in case you hadn't heard, and that's largely due to a problem THAT HE CANNOT SOLVE AND WILL ONLY GET WORSE. Which is his age.

Yours and R169s "conventional wisdom" logic is sorely lacking. Try reading something more advanced than People magazine for your news and politics.

by Anonymousreply 172November 28, 2023 2:05 PM

R169, the Yellow Dogs have not existed since the 1930s.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 173November 28, 2023 2:08 PM

Itā€™s spring 2024 in America. Will a dem marriage between California and Michigan save the day?

Or will old Joe prove that as always he is a sure bet?

Or will the Dems fuck everything up?

I canā€™t wait to find out.

by Anonymousreply 174November 28, 2023 2:11 PM

Per the ever-reliable Laura Loomer, Nimrata had an affair with an employee of hers that started in the backseat of her Cadillac in an empty parking lot.

The story has been public for years and sheā€™s never sued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 28, 2023 2:44 PM

Yellow Dog exists as a political term for voters who ALWAYS vote straight party tickets out of intense loyalty.

If Kam had any political skills, she wouldn't have dropped out before the first primary with virtually no support anywhere. As for Newsome, the CA woke thing will cripple him in PA, MI and WI.

by Anonymousreply 176November 28, 2023 5:08 PM

If nutty QAnon bitch Laura Loomer is spreading around the story of Nimrata's affairs, you know that side is worried about her being a threat to Trump.

I say good, let them tear each other down. Joe Biden and the Democrats will continue to work for the American people.

by Anonymousreply 177November 28, 2023 5:13 PM

R177

She is just the next one up that trump and his people will go after. Itā€™s not that at this point she poses any more of a threat than desantis did itā€™s just that she replaced desantis.

She is not special she was just next

by Anonymousreply 178November 28, 2023 6:29 PM

Larry Marchant does have plenty of BDE

by Anonymousreply 179November 28, 2023 9:55 PM

Newsom doesn't poll well against Trump so I doubt he would be much better than Biden. Although admittedly that may be because voters don't know him as well.

by Anonymousreply 180November 28, 2023 10:03 PM

R180 they know about homeless crisis and crime in California though

by Anonymousreply 181November 29, 2023 11:49 AM

Thereā€™s a ā€œblack swan eventā€ that takes Trump off the list in January.

by Anonymousreply 182November 29, 2023 1:30 PM

Wouldnā€™t it be loverly?

Not that I like the faker.

by Anonymousreply 183November 29, 2023 1:36 PM

One of BLM leaders for Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 29, 2023 1:40 PM

[quote] Whitmer ,Philips, Buttigieg, and Newsom are really are only hope

Whitmer has put up with quite a bit of death threats over the past few years. I don't think she'll ever run for president. She'll finish out her second term as Michigan governor and maybe she'll eventually end up as cabinet secretary similar to Jennifer Granholm.

by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2023 2:14 PM

[Quote] Whitmer ,Philips, Buttigieg, and Newsom are really are only hope

Doesn't Pete need to spend more time with the twins?

by Anonymousreply 186November 30, 2023 6:49 AM

Is Michael Haley black?

by Anonymousreply 187November 30, 2023 7:53 AM

speaking of ā€¦., whatever happened to charming hottie Bobby Jindal?

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2023 5:02 PM

No one but OP

by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2023 5:09 PM

Nikki Haley is now polling at 29% in New Hampshire. Trump at 44%.

by Anonymousreply 190December 18, 2023 9:32 AM

So in maybe the most liberal gop state trump has a commanding 15 % lead over Haley which is a lot closer than the 30% lead he has in her home state of S.C.

by Anonymousreply 191December 18, 2023 9:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!