Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Love has Won - the Cult of Mother God

This is one of the most FUCKED up cult docs yet (HBO MAX)

Spoiler I guess:

This chick was nothing more than a depressed and bipolar alcoholic, and these fucking idiots thought she was God.

Probably one of the dumbest cults ever as this was the most basic bitch ever. A drunk.

I am only on the 2nd episode of 3.

Very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 68December 25, 2023 11:32 PM

They're all crazy but that one idiotic bitch with the crazy eyes who burnt down the house in Oregon while burning sage is totally out of orbit.

Definitely an act of mercy for her kids that her mother came and took them away.

Also what is it with these cult nuts who fixate on the idea of aliens coming to take them away?! They were all talking about the cloud spaceships that were going to rescue the sick woman before she expired.

That greasy excon came around saw a pack of suckers and knew he could exploit the situation.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2023 1:45 AM

Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2023 5:42 AM

Alcoholic Trumpster…so bizarre!

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2023 6:02 AM

I'm dying to see the final ep where the Hawaiians run them off the island and her skin turns blue from chugging colloidal silver on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2023 6:10 AM

I'm watching it right now. A guy just said, "Something is fuckey on this planet."

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2023 7:33 AM

Also, Mother God was a total tramp!

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2023 7:35 AM

I keep seeing commercials for this. I vaguely remember reading about it when police found her mummified corpse being kept as a relic by her demented followers (very “Texas Chainsaw Massacre”).

Like all cult leaders, she seemed like a nasty narcissist cunt—a truly sick bitch. She did the world a favor by drinking herself to death with liquor and colloidal silver.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2023 3:12 PM

I’ve watched the first 2 eps. It’s pretty interesting though not really clear what her appeal was. She was just your run of the mill disorganized babbling nut job. A dime a dozen these days.

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2023 4:01 PM

I'm thoroughly entertained by these nuts. They're all out of their gords. Comically I can't see Elvis, Trump and John Lennon supporting a 'Mother God'. Robin Williams, maybe in a state of mania, but holy shit this is insane. To open with her mummified body in that bed was FUCKED up!

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2023 4:27 PM

The only thing that created a sympathetic reaction from me so far was the one follower that woke up from a coma a half million dollars in debt from medical bills.

Also, that once Mother Love (I forget what her real name is) realized she was dying she tried to get her followers to take her to a “3D” hospital, but they they said no way as it was against the cult’s beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2023 4:44 PM

Watching the first episode. Good Lord, what a bunch of nuts. Glad that little cutie Andrew got out early.

I snort laughed a few times, especially about Robin Williams being the top Angel, and this drunk bitch having once been Marilyn Monroe.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2023 6:13 PM

Nevermind about Andrew. A quick search of where he is now—he’s still a QLoon, pit bull advocate.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2023 6:42 PM

So do Republicans care that these people essentially are new wave Rethugs? The world's colliding are mystifying at this point.

Within the first 15 minutes I was almost crying laughing at the cop talking to Father God, the officers previously gained perspective into the 5th dimension and the portal with his very clear "But you do know we are in a Police Station" 😅

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2023 10:37 PM

When the house was burning down one of the girls rushed into the flames to save Mom’s ice and vodka. That’s love.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2023 4:10 AM

YOU WILL LOVE ME

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2023 4:52 AM

OP here- The one I want to reach through the screen and STRANGLE is that skinny bitch who cries EVERY FUCKING TIME she speaks.

She is creepy as balls and an utter fucking lunatic. She is the one who had a few kids and I believe that they were taken or something.. She is extremely melodramatic and pathetic.

I am not reading comments above until I see the final episode. I had never heard of this cult and decided not to a deep dive. This "miniseries" was utterly fascinating and I don't want to "spoil it"- Even though its pretty self explanatory.

And I cannot believe that they-- spoiler--- spoiler---------- showed "Mother God's" mummified corpse in the first 5 minutes. I was horrified.

As much as I know this woman was simply a bi polar and severly depressed alcoholic- and these followers were too stupid to live... (I mean even with NIXIM (sp) I can see how some could be fooled- it was far more legit from a distance...

Anyway, dying of alcoholism is extremely horrible even in a hospital- A good friend of mine died of this disease and it was utterly horrible. So I really feel bad for this woman in that respect- Its a horrible way to go just laying in a bed.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2023 9:46 PM

I think it was drinking that silver mixture that turned her blue that killed her more than the alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2023 9:49 PM

She was a hardcore alcoholic, but yes, the Silver Overdosing could not have helped.

And that long haired pimp criminal loser with the chipped tooth needs to be put down like a pitbull who tore someone's arm off.

Just depraved.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2023 9:52 PM

R18 The second I saw him onscreen I told my husband “meth”. He’s like the meth head poster child. It’s incredible how fucking stupid people are and explains the Trumpsters.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2023 10:18 PM

Really good doc. Gene Wilder let her eat a lollipop? And the creepy Father God. Her followers really drank the Kool aid. People will follow anyone.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2023 11:24 PM

It’s hilarious to me that she had her followers so brainwashed that they wouldn’t even take her to the hospital when she was begging them to.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2023 11:26 PM

That last “Father God” meth head reminds me of Bob from Twin Peaks. Evil energy.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2023 11:31 PM

Her laugh is so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2023 11:51 PM

[quote] HBO MAX

LITERAL VIOLENCE

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2023 11:53 PM

R16 It's not mentioned in the series, she never says it, but she's a total anorexic, emotionally stable, she is not.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2023 12:37 AM

I feel so sad for the waif who burned the house down. She signals "damaged" from a mile away. I wish she could have received competent mental health care for her multiple traumas instead of falling prey to brainwashing. The rest of them can choke on a bag of twats.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2023 1:06 AM

So the old dude -- the original "father god" that ho' ran away to be with -- did he just teach her the woo-woo elements of did he teach her to grift disabled/SSI people too? I had a hunch right away whatever income they took in early on was those suckers's SSI checks.

by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2023 1:12 AM

I wonder if anyone who bought those filthy homebrews saw the docu-series and hurled. That colloidal silver and turmeric mixture looked truly vile-- like someone expelled an enema made of swamp water.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2023 1:15 AM

R27- I got the feeling the old guy was a gem and was a New age Woo-woo. She stole his ideas and made bank.

I think she was bipolar and probably more borderline personality. She had real delusions. Then alcoholism ultimately destroyed her.

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2023 1:17 AM

She got the Weekend at Bernies ascension package. Should've left it up to John Denver.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2023 3:19 AM

No surprise Saint Michael ran off with all the money. Brain washed suckers.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2023 4:27 AM

My two-word Gen X review:

Fucking hippies.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2023 4:38 AM

There's a $ucker born every minute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2023 6:50 AM

[quote] Also, that once Mother Love (I forget what her real name is)

Mother God. This is Mother Love, child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2023 7:09 AM

Why did she start drinking silver?

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2023 12:01 PM

Shouldn’t the members of this cult be arrested for murder?

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2023 12:03 PM

Can you link to a non paywalled story R33?

by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2023 1:11 PM

I've always had a soft spot for Mother Nature, she did what she had to do...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2023 3:52 PM

Mummy God.

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2023 4:18 PM

The way they kept interacting (for lack of a better word) with her dead body—touching her, carrying it around etc—was so gross.

by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2023 8:51 PM

It is gross, r40, but apparently at one point while transporting her around the country, they had her wrapped up in a sleeping bag tied up with Christmas lights, and now I can't stop laughing about it.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2023 10:55 PM

^And threw some sunglasses on the bitch when the cop pulled them over.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2023 11:28 PM

^And used the High Occupancy Vehicle lane.

by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2023 12:04 AM

So it was Weekend's at Mother God Love?

by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2023 12:06 AM

(R35) supposedly it had healing power. That’s how they were making their money they were selling it online. It did the opposite. It was one of the reasons she died. She looked like a thin grimace. She was only 41 years old but she looked like she was in her 60s. She couldn’t even walk. They had to carry her everywhere. Then she dies and it’s Weekend at Bernie’s Christmas version.

by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2023 2:19 AM

R40 That photo of one of their hands next to her little dessicated E.T. hand was truly ghoulish.

I almost felt a little bad for laughing.

by Anonymousreply 46November 29, 2023 2:36 AM

R4

I think you mean “colidal” silver (seen on one of the notepads).

by Anonymousreply 47November 29, 2023 2:47 AM

Man I fucked that up.... Weekend at Mother God Love's.

by Anonymousreply 48November 29, 2023 3:34 AM

"I have stolen Mother's joy by serving her the world's worst quesadilla."

These people are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2023 4:18 AM

Robin Williams is commanding her from the dead to drink colloidal silver.

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2023 4:27 AM

“Drink the silver or no lollipop!”

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2023 4:29 AM

Watched this today. We really really need to build more mental hospitals in this country.

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2023 3:49 PM

R52 Entire psychiatric campuses are still physically around and empty. Thank goodness for the deinstitutionalization of America and the ruse of private sector psych care.

Not all of those places had horror shows in every building. I used to take Metro North to Harlem Valley-Wingdale, and the conductor had a great sense of humor as he'd say we're arriving at the home of electro shock therapy, but in reality it was a good facility that the clients who were higher functioning were able to have on site jobs, housing, health-care, supervision and support. Same with Southbury Training School, although given the criminally insane patient population neither was all sunshine and roses, so there were always actual horror stories occurring there, but it was something that needed refining and reform, not discharge all patients and close the doors. Although I know with STS, they had to keep all of some of the long term residents who were there until they died. Most with long gone family and completely unable to function in any way.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2023 4:20 PM

"They're all out of their gords"

by Anonymousreply 54December 5, 2023 8:36 PM

Extremely entertaining and disturbing, but I wish they did a better job of developing who Amy was as a person and making it clearer exactly what led her down this path, and to such an extreme. Your stepmom being mean when you visited every other weekend isn't enough.

She was really pretty for a minute in the 90s.

It's amazing she was able to wrangle so many followers to do her bidding. Some people really hate themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 6, 2023 2:02 PM

The impression I got was that the filmmakers weren’t able to answer that question any more than her own family could. Ultimately, it was all baffling.

by Anonymousreply 56December 6, 2023 4:04 PM

Well, Aurora WAS right when she said Florida wasn’t real.

by Anonymousreply 57December 6, 2023 4:13 PM

Trump 2.0’s Cabinet.

by Anonymousreply 58December 6, 2023 4:15 PM

That methhead could have easily killed them all when he moved in. My hero is the guy that pocketed the 200k

by Anonymousreply 59December 6, 2023 5:02 PM

Weekend at Bernice’s.

by Anonymousreply 60December 6, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote]My hero is the guy that pocketed the 200k

Yeah, that was funny.

You could tell he was just in it for the grift and didn't care about the rest of the losers because as soon they texted him a pic of her corpse he emptied the bank accounts and had the cops eject them from the house once they arrived.

by Anonymousreply 61December 6, 2023 8:51 PM

Her cackle actually made me angry. How could those imbeciles spend 24/7 at her feet? I would have strangled her.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2023 7:30 AM

I was super curious what a so-called "3D hospital" would have done with someone in Amy's condition?

Also I got major brojob vibes from the meth head and the minor cultie who he know lives with.

by Anonymousreply 63December 12, 2023 3:26 AM

[QUOTE]and making it clearer exactly what led her down this path,

Beyond her psychosis? That's the best fitting explanation, right?

by Anonymousreply 64December 12, 2023 4:04 AM

The Father God was sexy as hell. He could be my leader if he fucked me.

by Anonymousreply 65December 24, 2023 10:15 PM

Why would anyone who isn’t completely fucked up emotionally or cursed with only one viewing option while chained to a bed watch shit like this??? For the love of Christ!

by Anonymousreply 66December 24, 2023 10:18 PM

It’s amazing how many souls are wandering around looking for a leader. I really blame bad parenting as the primary cause. I went to a hot spring in California, Harbin Hotsprings. It was the headquarters of The Church Of Dolphin Consciousness, so they didn’t have to pay taxes. There was 200 “residents” living there. They volunteered and provided free labor for the church. The whole gig was about trying to have sex with the guests they called it healing. It was amazing how this naked literally racket was manifested and acted out.

by Anonymousreply 67December 24, 2023 10:37 PM

I'm a huge Jim Jones historian, I get why people were into him, he had rizz; this chick, not so much.

Those two simp losers who wanted to head the cult were smart to dislike Jason, because he took that shit over, of course. I would have too. I really wanted to kill the Melissa Etheridge looking one and Hope the dipshit. I love, love, love that they refused to take her to the hospital and then later backtracked and said they totally would have. They did write, "no recutain" on their notepad of misspellings. Jason aka Father god, had the right idea, go into that house of simps and take it over, unfortunately, the arc angel Michael was ahead of them all and stole the money right away! Why did the meth head Jason have the ankle monitor on? I wonder if it was related to her death. Hope looks fucking dangerous, she's so stupid and so self righteous, she would definitely kill for someone, she'd be a great Manson girl.

I remember when she died a few years ago, we had a thread on her as just a kooky cult chick wrapped in fairy lights. Back then we didn't know how important she was! She should have stuck to managing McDonalds. At least no real people were hurt.

by Anonymousreply 68December 25, 2023 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!