Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matt Bomer is having a moment

There is a separate thread to discuss Fellow Travelers, but I think Matt deserves his own. He is everywhere right now with his starring performance in Showtime’s sexy series Fellow Travelers, a supporting role in Bradley Cooper’s Maestro, and his recurring role in Doom Patrol. Since the strike ended, he’s been doing promo interviews with both Bailey for FT & Cooper for Maestro. He recently received a Human Rights Commission award and attended a GQ Men of the Year dinner with costar Jonathan Bailey. He has appeared in photoshoots for Todd Snyder and Nobleman Magazine. He is producing a film about the Lawrence v. Texas case with Steven Soderbergh. He’s even hinting at a possible revival of White Collar. And he turned down a role in Barbie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503February 20, 2024 8:02 PM

Barely.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2023 11:14 PM

Duckling must have been horrified that they offered that throwaway Scott Evans token gay role to him.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2023 11:18 PM

Is he still with his husband?

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2023 11:19 PM

He does look like a Ken doll, yet not at all sexy to me. There’s just something bland about him. He carried a little extra weight on Guiding Light (still super slim) and has a little more of a smolder to him back then.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2023 11:39 PM

R2, Is Matt’s cock as nice as Scott’s?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2023 11:40 PM

Finally watched The Normal Heart and thought he was great. His physical transformation alone... He should have won the Emmy that year. Glad he won the Golden Globe.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2023 11:49 PM

Sheesh, OP. Did you type out that treacly boilerplate PR text, or did you copy paste?

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2023 11:50 PM

He has an excellent jawline as does Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2023 12:01 AM

[quote] Finally watched The Normal Heart and thought he was great. His physical transformation alone... He should have won the Emmy that year. Glad he won the Golden Globe.

Me too...and I completely agree about the Emmy.

Did I mention that I've never had botox or fillers?!

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2023 12:08 AM

I met Matt during pilot season when we cast him in a series, it was before he caught a break on some cable series on USA? I can't recall. He wasn't totally out of the closet back when he did our pilot but it was obvious and known in the industry. I thought he was extremely handsome but his eye just gave him away as a gay dude right away. In 2023, no issue, back in 2003, 2004 - people cared more about leading men appearing gay, whatever. I do remember he was very nice, extremely professional and very talented as an actor and still is. I also --- remember the dude smelled great.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2023 12:18 AM

What could this gay actor do that you guys wouldn’t hate? Since coming out, he has embraced his gay identity in his career playing iconic roles in The Normal Heart, The Boys in the Band & now Fellow Travelers. Are you homophobic or just jealous?

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2023 12:22 AM

Oh, r11, we hate you too. We hate ALL openly gay people at Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2023 12:25 AM

I think Matt Bomer is GREAT. All around great.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2023 12:27 AM

He’s top drawer.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2023 12:33 AM

Variety thinks he will be nominated for another Golden Globe.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2023 12:34 AM

[quote] I met Matt during pilot season when we cast him in a series, it was before he caught a break on some cable series on USA?

You claim to work in casting, you claim to know Matt Bomer and yet you can’t recall what show he was the star of for several years? Doesn’t sound like a casting person to me. Casting people have to know EVERYBODY.

Ten to one this is D@vid@ R0ch3ll3 posting from one of her sockpuppets. I still remember when she claimed to have chimera syndrome because I started a thread about someone who had it.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2023 12:39 AM

And no he did not deserve an Emmy for the Normal Heart, they gave it to the right person (Martin Henderson for Sherlock.)

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2023 12:41 AM

[quote] Variety thinks he will be nominated for another Golden Globe.

Marvelous! I am well on my way to being the greatest gay actor who ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote] He carried a little extra weight on Guiding Light (still super slim) and has a little more of a smolder to him back then.

Because that was before the nose job. He had his nose sculpted to precision after GL and it made him more uncanny valley..

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2023 12:44 AM

Ha.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2023 12:46 AM

R15, These days, a Golden Globe Award is about as prestigious as a Soap Opera Digest Award.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2023 12:49 AM

Oh, do you have one, R21?

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2023 2:08 AM

I think he looks Fabolous. I loved his show White Collar!!

I love The Golden Globes awards too!! I'm glad Matt is having a moment.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2023 2:12 AM

[quote]Bomer auditioned for Bradley Cooper to play his lover in Maestro—and got the part.

I wonder what that "audition" was like.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2023 2:16 AM

[quote] I wonder what that "audition" was like.

Lots of scissoring with no lube.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2023 2:25 AM

If he didn’t look like he looks he’d be scrubbing toilets for a living. Can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2023 2:27 AM

Obviously, Bomer was the top, Miss Cooper doesn't know how to top!!

Pussy boy bottom bitch

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2023 2:35 AM

[quote]Obviously, Bomer was the top, Miss Cooper doesn't know how to top!!

And now we have evidence Bomer's a terrific top.

by Anonymousreply 28November 23, 2023 2:38 AM

He certainly plays one on TV!

by Anonymousreply 29November 23, 2023 4:26 AM

He's pretty, but nothing about him or his acting registers with me at all. He's just a pretty celebrity saying lines. There's a hollowness or emptiness to him.

I'm not being a hater, he seems like a nice man, but I just never seem to relate to very beautiful celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 30November 23, 2023 5:16 AM

Is it because you are ugly?

by Anonymousreply 31November 23, 2023 7:23 AM

Bomer’s acting was better as a young actor. He developed tics as he got older like talking in a whisper voice and clipping his words. He also seems to restrain himself which makes his characters seem boring.

by Anonymousreply 32November 23, 2023 11:15 AM

Sorry Martin Freeman was in Sherlock, Martin Henderson was the hot guy in The Ring.

by Anonymousreply 33November 23, 2023 12:19 PM

He has performed in a variety of interesting, challenging , and popular roles. His reviews are very complimentary. People who know him & work with him praise his good natured personality. He has millions of fans. He has a loving family. I’d say life is pretty good for Matt Bomer. He probably doesn’t care what DL says.

by Anonymousreply 34November 23, 2023 1:22 PM

Matt especially doesn't care about shut-in old ugly unfucked poor trolls such as the "Duckling Troll".

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2023 1:58 PM

That’s why he hate him!

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2023 2:15 PM

Whoops! “That’s why we hate him!”

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2023 2:17 PM

I'm surprised at how good he is in TRAVELERS.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2023 2:24 PM

Matt is amazing in his role as Hawkins Fuller. It’s the most mature performance he has given.

by Anonymousreply 39November 24, 2023 1:49 PM

I quite liked White Collar but I think Fellow Travelers is the best he’s done so far. I’m genuinely really enjoying his performance & the show.

I’m not particularly knowledgable on all things MB - why do people keep mentioning his husband & a bag of oranges?!

by Anonymousreply 40November 24, 2023 8:39 PM

He’s barely supporting in Maestro. Generously, about 1 min 45 seconds on screen and then he disappears.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2023 9:22 PM

I think it’s great that an out gay actor continues to work constantly, including by playing gay roles. Am happy for him.

That said, i find him utterly uncharismatic.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2023 9:28 PM

He is very handsome, quite talented and he seems like a genuinely nice person. Rare combo.

What’s not to like?

If you listen to any interview with him, he comes across as humble and extremely polite. He doesn’t reveal much about his life, but in a world of fame whore narcissists, there’s nothing wrong with that.

Happy for his success.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2023 9:35 PM

I think I read here on Datalounge that Matt is allegedly being abused by his husband? I hope that's untrue since he seems like such a sweet guy and I believe he's also a father.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2023 10:19 PM

He has three kids via surrogacy.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2023 10:25 PM

Is he the bio father of any of the kids? One of the kids looks just like the husband so obviously Matt isn't the father of him, but I don't know about the other two.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2023 10:39 PM

Sadly for his kids, none of them look like Matt. Imagine having a Dad that hot & getting none of those genetics. I’d be gutted. His younger kids don’t look anything like either Dad really.

So, Matt was abused by Simon with some oranges? Did he like chuck them at him, did he swing a whole bag?! I probably shouldn’t laugh but I’m conjuring some amusing images..

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2023 10:45 PM

The husband is obviously the father of the eldest kid but yes, the younger two don't look like him or Matt.

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2023 10:47 PM

Bomer may or may not be having a moment, but if he is, it's a fleeting one now that he's on the northern side of 45. As Tammy Cruise can tell him, even the best cosmetic work only goes so far once 50's closing in, superlative genetics or not.

Obviously he's still extraordinarily good-looking, and even from YOU vicious cunts I haven't ever heard anything about him being anything other than a very nice person IRL ... but his acting simply isn't great. Yes, even in "The Normal Heart" (or "The Boys in the Band"). And considering his husband is literally one of the most influential agents in the industry, I'm reasonably sure Matt could've gotten better roles if he had more talent. (And yes, I've been watching "Fellow Travelers." Matt's character seems like a slightly angrier, and certainly more paranoid, version of his lighthearted one on "White Collar" – meaning he's out of his depth, plus Bailey steals most of his scenes.)

Also, is he really "having a moment" if he's being typecast solely in gay-related films? (And if you'll recall he's complained about being shut out of hetero roles. Unlike other DL fave Wentworth Miller, he certainly didn't pledge to solely play gay characters the rest of his life.) I have no idea what his borderline-cameo in "Maestro" is about – unless he's fucking Bradley on the down-low, of course – but the vast majority of his work since "White Collar" ended has either been playing explicitly or implicitly gay characters (and while I don't watch AHS, the series is pretty obviously gay-coded at minimum), or in productions that were total flops. Even his LITERAL invisible character in "Doom Patrol" was gay!

As for the kids: gotta say that's an interesting conundrum. You have a gay couple: one is ridiculously talented, smart & successful, and the other is merely ridiculously hot. Which of the two is the more ideal sperm donor? (I assume most non-Hollywood couples would go for the former, but Hollywood is a crapshoot.)

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2023 11:02 PM

He's wonderful in MAESTRO. Dull as dirt in FELLOW TRAVELERS. Goes to show--the material is everything!

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2023 11:25 PM

R49

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2023 11:34 PM

Tough crowd here as usual. I rarely see negative remarks about him anywhere else. Now some of you are going to start rehashing hateful old rumors that have never been true. Interesting that some posters feel compelled to disparage him whenever he is mentioned. You would almost think it was personal.

by Anonymousreply 52November 25, 2023 12:18 AM

He fathered one of the twin boys. Looks exactly like him but they don’t appear to be particularly close, which is not a surprise considering that thing he did.

[quote] And considering his husband is literally one of the most influential agents in the industry

The difference between an agent and a publicist in Hollywood is exactly the same difference as a Congressman and a Press Secretary in Washington. Simon Halls is not a Congressman, he’s a Press Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 53November 25, 2023 12:52 AM

You don't father one twin.

by Anonymousreply 54November 25, 2023 12:54 AM

These threads always attract the "oranges" troll or the "duckling" troll

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2023 1:00 AM

In the age of surrogacy of course one can, R54. Even in the old days, a slutty wife might get knocked up by her husband AND her lover and produce fraternal twins of different fathers. "heteropaternal superfecundation"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2023 1:02 AM

R50 he’s barely there in Maestro. He’s a cipher to Lenny’s gay instincts…. makes no real impact.

by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2023 1:37 AM

R55 Not to mention the “one of the twins is his” idiot. So tiresome and it’s gone on for years. It’s like an obsession.

by Anonymousreply 58November 25, 2023 1:44 AM

R58 52.8% of DL is OCD repetition on display.

by Anonymousreply 59November 25, 2023 1:58 AM

....... from 2020

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2023 2:32 AM

I've said it before and I will say it again.

Matt Bomer has as much sex appeal to me as Christopher Reeve did

NONE

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2023 2:36 AM

Yes R61 Keep repeating it over & over again because once is just not enough. You don’t find Matt Bomer sexy. Okay.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2023 3:04 AM

[quote] So, Matt was abused by Simon with some oranges? Did he like chuck them at him, did he swing a whole bag?!

The DL joke is that Simon hits him with an entire bag because supposedly by doing so they don’t leave bruises.

by Anonymousreply 63November 25, 2023 3:52 AM

[quote] which is not a surprise considering that thing he did.

Yes. The Thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2023 3:53 AM

Hmmm I actually think Bomer is out-acting Bailey in Travelers. Bailey often devolves into caricature trying to play the ingenue.

by Anonymousreply 65November 25, 2023 4:27 AM

I think he ruined his life with children. If he had stayed single he would have an oscar by now.

by Anonymousreply 66November 25, 2023 4:54 AM

R63, As seen in “The Grifters”.

by Anonymousreply 67November 25, 2023 7:50 AM

I have friends who fathered twins via surrogacy. Both of their sperm went into the process. The boys are now 15; one looks just like Bill, the other like his husband.

by Anonymousreply 68November 25, 2023 2:17 PM

R68 did they use the surrogate's own eggs or eggs from another woman or 2 other women?

by Anonymousreply 69November 25, 2023 3:17 PM

As far as. I know, they were eggs from one woman, not the surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 70November 25, 2023 5:42 PM

I know nothing but I’ll make something up for the DL^^

by Anonymousreply 71November 25, 2023 6:16 PM

Why doesn’t he show his dick? He showed his big bush.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2023 8:05 PM

He has a huge bush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2023 9:05 PM

Are we sure it’s not a fake merkin attacked to a prosthetic? It’s a tad too perfect.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2023 9:53 PM

If anyone wears a merkin, it’s Duckling.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2023 10:39 PM

If anyone would have no idea, it’s you Ducking troll. You’ve never been anywhere near Matt Bomer and you never will. You don’t know anything about him. You just like to make stuff up & post it incessantly.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2023 11:13 PM

Matt could totally play Mitt Romney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2023 11:26 PM

The "twink" character is more mature and manly looking in the pic R77. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2023 11:31 PM

Matt is doing a great job in Fellow Travelers.

He's certainly become the go-to person to play gay roles these days. Seems like every gay role is initially offered to Matt or Jonathan Groff.

by Anonymousreply 79November 26, 2023 12:04 AM

I saw Matt once on a Sat morning in the elevator in my building. Jeans, baseball cap and scruffy, one of the most beautiful men I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 80November 26, 2023 12:17 AM

His eyes are piercing, but creepy as well.

by Anonymousreply 81November 26, 2023 12:26 AM

R80 was he extremely thin or you couldn’t tell?

by Anonymousreply 82November 26, 2023 12:34 AM

R82

Thin but not emaciated

by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2023 12:44 AM

R80 Did you say hi? Did he?

by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2023 2:39 AM

Jeff Conway of Forbes has posted on Twitter a series of clips of his interview with Matt. This one is about working with Jonathan Bailey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2023 2:58 AM

I don’t know why, but I can’t stop imagining Simon Halls’ face on a squirrel’s body.

by Anonymousreply 86November 26, 2023 3:04 AM

R80, what did Matt’s ass look like in person?

by Anonymousreply 87November 26, 2023 3:21 AM

He's sort of beautiful, but not hot. He seems like he'd be a bore in bed and even just hanging out. Hopefully that's not the case. Good for his "moment."

by Anonymousreply 88November 26, 2023 3:57 AM

He and the older guy had amazing chemistry in White Collar. I always fantasized about them getting together.

by Anonymousreply 89November 26, 2023 5:36 AM

R89, me too

by Anonymousreply 90November 26, 2023 5:52 AM

He doesn’t look boring in bed in Fellow Travelers.

by Anonymousreply 91November 26, 2023 2:46 PM

I always thought he was a straight guy because he shaved his chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 92November 27, 2023 1:05 PM

This is Matt Bomer’s best role of his career. He is in nearly every scene and his performance is nuanced and compelling.

by Anonymousreply 93November 28, 2023 3:07 AM

Best blue eyes in the business. Piercing. Sexy. Still haven't faded yet.

by Anonymousreply 94November 28, 2023 3:20 PM

And he isn’t suddenly a great actor - he’s been talented and hard-working this entire time. But I do believe he lost roles because of his sexuality - which is bullshit because straight women love him (they seem to make up the entire white collar fan base - I could never get into that show).

Hope he gets more meaningful opportunities now that he’s getting such great reviews for this show.

by Anonymousreply 95November 28, 2023 4:46 PM

R50 you definitely didn’t watch Maestro. You’re just talking out of your ass. Like always and always. It’s so boring.

He has like 2 minutes of screentime in Maestro. Please please tell me what was so wonderful about his “performance” in it? He has like 2 lines.

by Anonymousreply 96November 28, 2023 5:12 PM

R52 hardly anyone even acknowledges him off of here. No one is sitting around discussing Matt Bomer off of here.

by Anonymousreply 97November 28, 2023 5:13 PM

He really isn’t good in anything. He’s serviceable. Never Good. You could literally watch him acting in Normal Heart. None of it was natural.

by Anonymousreply 98November 28, 2023 5:18 PM

R97 Have you been on Twitter (X) lately? Or Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 99November 28, 2023 6:44 PM

Or Facebook or Instagram? The only place I ever see bad things about him is here.

by Anonymousreply 100November 28, 2023 6:54 PM

I disagree. I’ve come across bloody loads of Matt Bomer fan instagram & twitter accounts recently. I searched Fellow Travelers on both at some point & now the algorithm is constantly chucking me fan sites of both leads. I was surprised how many to be honest!

by Anonymousreply 101November 28, 2023 6:57 PM

Zzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 102November 28, 2023 6:59 PM

Matt is a dirty bird!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 30, 2023 12:03 AM

Boid.

by Anonymousreply 104November 30, 2023 12:08 AM

R98: He doesn’t have much versatility but he does ok with the range that he does have. I can see why he gets consistent work. He is a handsome man and doesn’t appear to be a huge asshole or diva.

by Anonymousreply 105November 30, 2023 12:19 AM

Does he show that famous Bomer butt in Maestro?

by Anonymousreply 106November 30, 2023 12:20 AM

Matt Bomer has worked steadily for 20 years, and quite of few projects have been high profile. He has a career that most actors - gay or straight - would kill for.

by Anonymousreply 107November 30, 2023 12:20 AM

He’s Boring Bomer in Maestro…Gideon Glick comes across as sexier…if you can believe that, or not.

by Anonymousreply 108November 30, 2023 12:33 AM

Fellow Travelers is a total bore...really, oh, we are closeted, McCarthy! Intrigue! Toe sucking! How tired...

by Anonymousreply 109November 30, 2023 12:45 AM

is his clit uncut?

by Anonymousreply 110November 30, 2023 1:31 AM

R109 Pretty sure you haven’t actually watched it. It’s worth watching for the hot sex scenes between Bailey & Bomer alone (and it’s not just toe sucking). Or perhaps you prefer superhero movies?

by Anonymousreply 111November 30, 2023 2:49 AM

Curious how much critics love the show & praise Matt’s performance, isn’t it? Guess they aren’t Dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 112November 30, 2023 2:51 AM

Matts a pretty handsome gay man who bygot married fairly young & had kids. He ain’t ever going to be liked on here. He’s leading far too straight a life 😉

by Anonymousreply 113November 30, 2023 6:44 AM

*got

by Anonymousreply 114November 30, 2023 6:44 AM

[quote]I always thought he was a straight guy because he shaved his chest hair.

Not sure if you've been watching too much "Jersey Shore," but gay guys are principally the ones who continue to wax or shave their chest hair.

[quote]Matt Bomer has worked steadily for 20 years, and quite of few projects have been high profile. He has a career that most actors - gay or straight - would kill for.

Lemme guess: Simon's PA? I'm trying, and failing, to imagine another source for this absurdity. Matt did nothing but minor guest-star shit for his first decade in the business. His "big break" was on a basic cable series, and his costars were a no-name and a has-been "90210" star. You probably can't name more than a handful of other celebrities who've EVER appeared on a USA show, aside from the obvious Meghan Markle.

Yes, he's worked (mostly) steadily, but a "career most actors would kill for"? Please. He's played only one film character of note, and he was a minor character with little actual story: "Magic Mike" and its sequel. He had bit parts in one of Ryan Gosling's few recent flops, and a line or two in "The Magnificent Seven" remark, but otherwise all TV and mostly gay-coded (or entirely gay) roles with all-gay casts.

Matt's best work to date has been marrying well and procreating. (Btw do ANY of you bitches know gay male couples with twins? It's basically routine to have each dad parent one egg, which are ALWAYS from the same bio mom – for obvious reasons it's preferable for siblings to have a blood relative.

by Anonymousreply 115November 30, 2023 7:59 PM

r115 most actors would kill for a career like Bomer has had. Steady, well-paying work for 20 years. Most actors are underemployed.

by Anonymousreply 116November 30, 2023 8:02 PM

Ryan Goaling

by Anonymousreply 117November 30, 2023 8:09 PM

r115, I have a gay mail couple with two sets of twins.

by Anonymousreply 118November 30, 2023 10:00 PM

R113 is Brian Kinney.

by Anonymousreply 119November 30, 2023 10:10 PM

He has really matured. He seems relaxed & confident in recent interviews.

by Anonymousreply 120November 30, 2023 11:08 PM

I thought he was great in White Collar. I think he's gotten better in recent years but either he's great and the project sucks (The Sinner) or he's pretty and okay. I think he's doing some of his best work here but it's hard playing against Jonathan Bailey who is a phenomenal actor. He also gets the more sympathetic role.

He has had the best career out of all his gay contemporaries, working consistently for decades, sometimes as the lead while still being able to play straight and gay convincingly. People seem to know who he is purely because he's been around for a long time now and he's done enough recognizable work over the years.

Jim Parsons has more network tv money but Big Bang Theory was an ensemble show and I don't think most people can recall what he was doing before it or has done since it.

by Anonymousreply 121December 1, 2023 5:14 AM

Well, off the top of my head, Parsons was terrific in NORMAL HEART on TV, as well as BOYS IN THE BAND and MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE onstage. I'm sure there were others. (He wasn't great in that tearjerker feature film, but he at least dd it.)

by Anonymousreply 122December 1, 2023 12:28 PM

R115 You forgot about the cinematic masterpiece The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning. Matt has the lead role which honestly isn't a good thing in these types of films but there's never been a more beautiful hostage in horror movie history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 1, 2023 1:58 PM

God, he’s flawless. He’s so beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 124December 1, 2023 2:10 PM

I wish he were uglier. Then I could find him sexually attractive.

by Anonymousreply 125December 1, 2023 9:22 PM

He’s a top, right?

by Anonymousreply 126December 1, 2023 9:53 PM

Yes, Jan🤫

by Anonymousreply 127December 1, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote] Best blue eyes in the business. Piercing. Sexy. Still haven't faded yet.

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 128December 1, 2023 10:27 PM

[quote] This is Matt Bomer’s best role of his career. He is in nearly every scene and his performance is nuanced and compelling.

[quote] God, he’s flawless. He’s so beautiful!

[quote] He’s a top, right?

???

OK, I think a certain Golden Globe winner is posting in this thread...and it ain't Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 129December 1, 2023 10:33 PM

Pia Zadora!

by Anonymousreply 130December 1, 2023 10:34 PM

He plays a top in the TV series!

by Anonymousreply 131December 1, 2023 11:42 PM

R122, Parsons was not good as agent Henry Willson in the “Hollywood” series.

by Anonymousreply 132December 2, 2023 1:08 AM

He has the career that Colton Haynes WISHED he had.

by Anonymousreply 133December 2, 2023 1:25 AM

Colto.

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2023 1:27 AM

[quote] Well, off the top of my head, Parsons was terrific in NORMAL HEART on TV, as well as BOYS IN THE BAND and MAN OF NO IMPORTANCE onstage. I'm sure there were others.

Oh, I think Jim is a great actor but I don’t believe most peope would think about those projects. One didn’t do well on Netflix, the other is associated with Marc Ruffulo, Julia Roberts and Matt himself and Broadway is still its own thing even if “we” know what’s happening on it.

What I should say is: Matt Bomer has had the opportunity to play lead on multiple projects. Those may not have all worked out but at least he got those opportunities. That’s what makes his career a standout. That doesn’t even happen for most straight actors unless you were Mark Feuerstein in the late 90s/00s.

If I were a normal, average, straight person: Big Bang Theory is Jim’s biggest mainstream accomplishment just like Andrew Rannells is still associated with HBO’s, “Girls.”

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2023 5:52 AM

I had no idea the main guy from Big Bang had been in anything else to be honest!

Matts had a reasonable career. I get the impression from interviews over the years he’s prioritised his kids/family over some projects he could have been involved with. He’s producing now as well isn’t he, which is something else to get your teeth into I guess. I imagine at 46, he’s probably fairly pleased with where life has taken him. I would be if I got to a role where I got to touch & kiss Jonathan Bailey for 3 months straight. Happy days.

by Anonymousreply 136December 2, 2023 9:20 PM

R136 why didn't he ask the surrogate to abort so that he can focus on his career?

by Anonymousreply 137December 2, 2023 10:01 PM

Matt Bomer has an exceptionally pleasing face.

by Anonymousreply 138December 2, 2023 10:20 PM

[quote]If I were a normal, average, straight person: Big Bang Theory is Jim’s biggest mainstream accomplishment just like Andrew Rannells is still associated with HBO’s, “Girls.”

WTAF?? "Girls" was a niche show with a niche audience, and only its gay male audience likely remembers Rannells was in it. "The Big Bang Theory" is one of the most successful sitcoms of all time, and Parsons along with his costars got the much coveted $1M-per-episode salary only bestowed to a half-dozen of the most successful sitcoms in reruns (now mainly streaming, but still). IIRC the cast even negotiated a back-end deal on top! (Puns unintended, yet obvious in hindsight.)

Anyway, sitcom stars are rarely remembered for anything *except* their one sitcom, and it's not unusual that few people likely know what Jim Parsons is doing today. (Obvious exceptions for Jennifer Aniston, though I'd argue she has a career mainly thanks to having married Brad Pitt, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus given her long "Veep" run.)

by Anonymousreply 139December 2, 2023 11:29 PM

He's handsome and pretty and seems nice and decent but I imagine if I got too close to his face in intimacy his eyes would be frightening

by Anonymousreply 140December 2, 2023 11:32 PM

R140 I’ve actually met Matt and there is nothing frightening about him. He’s actually a very nice guy, as well as good looking.

by Anonymousreply 141December 3, 2023 12:00 AM

his three sons are all sports nuts - no interest in the arts...too bad for Matt. and Simon Halls.

by Anonymousreply 142December 3, 2023 12:03 AM

Why not a girl in the mix? That could be a good balance.

by Anonymousreply 143December 3, 2023 1:00 AM

R140 I know what you mean. He has gorgeous eyes but every now and then they change into something otherwise. I can't describe it but know it when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 144December 3, 2023 1:39 AM

They change to bird of prey eyes.

by Anonymousreply 145December 3, 2023 1:48 AM

What moment? A 2 minute part in a movie is a “moment”???

by Anonymousreply 146December 3, 2023 1:53 AM

His eyes change color as well. Depends on how intense the light is. Sometimes they appear cold blue and clear, sometimes they are smokey hazy soft dull blue.

by Anonymousreply 147December 3, 2023 1:55 AM

Some peoples eyes do change color.

by Anonymousreply 148December 3, 2023 1:57 AM

It's more than that. It's a look where I wouldn't want to delve too deep.

by Anonymousreply 149December 3, 2023 2:00 AM

He’s so pretty.

by Anonymousreply 150December 3, 2023 2:13 AM

Yes, undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 151December 3, 2023 2:21 AM

R146 Matt is the star of the Fellow Travelers series. He is in almost every scene and he is getting a lot of publicity for that. Critics are calling him a contender for Best Actor in a Limited Series. His part in Maestro is small, but it’s a notable movie.

by Anonymousreply 152December 3, 2023 4:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 3, 2023 5:43 AM

I loved him so much I watched all of White Collar and cried during the finale. He's a great TV actor.

by Anonymousreply 154December 3, 2023 7:28 AM

[quote]This is Matt Bomer’s best role of his career. He is in nearly every scene and his performance is nuanced and compelling.

Accolades for Duckling!

by Anonymousreply 155December 3, 2023 8:50 AM

Ah. I call these "Beyond the Infinite" eyes. It's a look Spectrum people (usually only noticeable in those with blue eyes) get when dealing with some kind of intensity or overstimulation. Stanley Kubrick actually incorporated it into his aesthetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 3, 2023 1:14 PM

Keir Dullea grew old just like the makeup from the film.

by Anonymousreply 157December 3, 2023 1:38 PM

See two interviews same show several years apart

First one he seems tense and unnatural, has eyes like an animatronic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 3, 2023 2:03 PM

Second one from two weeks ago, he seems calm, thoughtful, more human. What changed?

The answer is, that he stopped forcing himself to make direct eye contact when speaking, and he's allowing himself to play with his hands. Given who he married, he was probably being coached to present neurotypically on talk shows. Neurotypical conversing is anathema to anyone on the Aspergers/ADHD spectrum. They want to look down and away when speaking, play with their hands and shift their bodies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159December 3, 2023 2:13 PM

Or he just matured and became more confident and comfortable in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 160December 3, 2023 3:04 PM

R152 he isn’t getting that much publicity. The show is indeed being pushed heavy but I’m sure if we saw the actual streaming numbers we would be shocked by this push.

by Anonymousreply 161December 3, 2023 3:06 PM

“Has matured”. Isn’t he 50? I sure hope so.

by Anonymousreply 162December 3, 2023 3:06 PM

[quote] Keir Dullea grew old just like the makeup from the film.

Keir Dullea, gone tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 163December 3, 2023 3:16 PM

R160 nope, this interview is from 2015 but he's calm here. But he's also grasping his hands in front of him, this is Spectrum behavior. Since it was just a junket he probably didn't bother suppressing it, but going on the big talk shows you can see how tense he is and how his eyes bug out. The Ellen show had armchairs and he was gripping the armrests like he was on a plane at takeoff. He looked insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 3, 2023 3:35 PM

He is barely having a “moment”. A man his age who has been in the business for over two decades is barely having a “moment”.

by Anonymousreply 165December 3, 2023 3:39 PM

R164 no. It’s a nerve function. Has nothing to do with spectrum. Seriously. You need to just get off here and get help. This isn’t funny.

by Anonymousreply 166December 3, 2023 3:40 PM

You: "Why is this person so strange sometimes? I don't understand it."

Me: "Those are Spectrum traits. He's probably on the Spectrum."

You: "No, that's not it! This isn't funny! It's a nerve function!"

Me: "What the fuck do you think ASD/ADHD is? Brain nerve functions, you neurotypical dolt!"

by Anonymousreply 167December 3, 2023 3:43 PM

Voltaren for Duckling!

by Anonymousreply 168December 3, 2023 3:46 PM

R158 R159 OH JOY, the "He's an Aspie" Troll has arrived to smear his AS...inine one insight all over a thread. You always overdo it, buddy, in your dogged and dreary fashion.

And the ever pithy and fresh comedy stylings of the Duckling Troll, to boot.

Embarras de richesses!

by Anonymousreply 169December 3, 2023 3:57 PM

He will be red tagged soon. No worried.

by Anonymousreply 170December 3, 2023 3:58 PM

Bomer is not on the spectrum. The man couldn’t be more OFF the spectrum. He is successful professionally, married young, is still with his husband, has 3 kids, and seems completely polite and appropriate. In what world is any of that neurodivergent behavior?

And he is extremely polished when he does that press shit - his husband is a publicist FFS. How exactly do you expect someone to act on the idiot Kelly Ripa morning show?

by Anonymousreply 171December 3, 2023 7:18 PM

[quote] the idiot Kelly Ripa morning show

Kelly and Mark!

by Anonymousreply 172December 3, 2023 7:19 PM

[quote]Critics are calling him a contender for Best Actor in a Limited Series.

You are *adorable*, OP!

by Anonymousreply 173December 3, 2023 9:04 PM

That is one thing that’s super noticeable, he is incredibly polished when doing press. He rarely smiles with his teeth which makes him look odd sometimes, like he’s not happy. Even now, there’s Jonathan Bailey smiling away and Matt stood next to him with his (barely there) press smile. It looks odd when stood next to someone more relaxed & smiley. And in interviews it’s all very practised answers, nothing off cuff, nothing too deep. It’s all very safe & guarded. It’s quite jarring when being interviewed with those who are more free in what they say & how they act. That said, he does seem like a super nice guy. He seems a very gentle person & fairly keen on his privacy.

I thought the kid who played his son in FT this week looked more like him than any of his actual sons!

by Anonymousreply 174December 3, 2023 9:17 PM

Watch this interview to see Matt & Jonathan laughing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 3, 2023 9:39 PM

The issue with Bomer is he’s full of himself. He doesn’t come off warm at all and doesn’t come off humble or gracious, but rather full of himself. I remember a few years ago someone online said he was one of the rudest celebs they every encountered, and as usual because he’s an attractive white man AND gay DL defended him as if their life depended on him. It’s so strange. You can tell he’s stuck up sometimes too. It peeps out sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 176December 3, 2023 9:43 PM

Is Bomer short?

by Anonymousreply 177December 3, 2023 9:43 PM

He's allegedly 5'11"

by Anonymousreply 178December 3, 2023 9:46 PM

I saw a picture of him on Insta standing next to Bailey and he looked shorter! And Bailey's a bit of a pocket gay, as I understand.

by Anonymousreply 179December 3, 2023 9:49 PM

OK, Bomer!

by Anonymousreply 180December 3, 2023 9:51 PM

i'm just here for the gossip about his marriage and sex life. unfortunantly there's never much when it comes to him

by Anonymousreply 181December 3, 2023 10:03 PM

All the signs are there that Matt Bomer is a Neu-Lebensborn baby and sleeper cell (Republic of Ireland), who has both Prosopagnosia and Alien Hand Syndrome.

The Neu-Lebensborn was a top secret Swiss-Israeli project financed by the Rothschilds and Goldman Sachs.

by Anonymousreply 182December 3, 2023 10:11 PM

I fucked him in college!

by Anonymousreply 183December 3, 2023 10:25 PM

R175 - yeh, seen it several times. Even his laugh sounds fake here to me. You can see him panic slightly when asked what did you whisper to each other. He had no answer for an off beat question. JB pulled him outta that one. That said, the best interview I’ve seen with him lately was that sit down one with Jonny Bailey & was it a radio host maybe? That was quite a good interview.

I really like Matt unlike many here but I wish he’d let go a bit & be less press polished. And damn him & his long term marriage, very boring! ;)

by Anonymousreply 184December 3, 2023 10:33 PM

[quote] He is successful professionally, married young, is still with his husband, has 3 kids, and seems completely polite and appropriate.

This is extremely Spectrum behavior. Gay men don’t really behave like this, especially very good looking gay men.

The stereotype of Spectrum people and relationship avoidance has one very important caveat and that is if the Spectrum person falls into a relationship with a Neurotypical Caretaker. Bomer, who himself has admitted to being celibate in college, took up with a man almost fifteen years his senior while he was still relatively young. The person in question is a celebrity publicist. A celebrity publicist is a somewhat odd position because despite possessing some power and influence is also subservient to the celebrities they represent- hence the nickname, flack. They are professional coddlers, whose job it is to pacify and placate temperamental people. I don’t think it’s necessary to expound on that further.

The fact that he is still with that relic also conforms to the noted Spectrum distaste for change and preference for predictability and routine. People on the Spectrum who enter into marriages tend not get divorced. Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn (both clearly on it) have been married for 26 years.

Finally the stereotype of Spectrum people all acting like Sheldon or Elon Musk and being blunt, condescending and rude overlooks the fact that many Spectrum people develop compensating behaviors to deal with deficits in social and nonverbal cue reading, the foremost of which is a reliance on manners and politeness. Spectrum coded characters from Tom Ripley to Paddington Bear are often shown as being unfailingly polite. This is both a coping and defense mechanism. Spectrum people are probably some of the politest people in the world.

Until you piss them off and they stare at you or bash your head in with an oar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185December 3, 2023 10:35 PM

zzzzzzzzzz back to Matt size meat verificatia.

by Anonymousreply 186December 3, 2023 10:38 PM

I'd love to eat his ass and then slip my 7.5" inside him.

by Anonymousreply 187December 3, 2023 11:00 PM

R185 good lord. Enough already. You don’t actually know this person. He presents a professional, careful version of himself to the public (and good for him - he doesn’t owe us anything).

You are projecting all this shit onto him based on interviews he’s done - who knows if he was actually celibate in college, who knows if he is polite and has great manners when he’s around his real life friends and family?? We don’t know anything about this person’s actual personality.

Everyone projects so much shit onto celebrities, but the reality is that we don’t know anything real about them (unless we get an insider - which rarely happens anymore on DL - and certainly won’t happen in this case).

by Anonymousreply 188December 3, 2023 11:21 PM

If you FF the "He's an Aspie" Troll, eventually he'll get redlined. Then you can block and never see him again, in any case. One or two posts would have been interesting. But HAAT is marking his territory all over DL. With the same, singleminded OCD claptrap. Just like GapPlaylistGuy used to do.

by Anonymousreply 189December 3, 2023 11:29 PM

I think the problem with Bomer is that he is a basic bitch. Like these valley girl bimbos with no hobbies but shopping, party and popping out brats that no one wants.

by Anonymousreply 190December 3, 2023 11:46 PM

He’s beautiful the way Golden Age of Hollywood were beautiful and adequate actors. That’s not nothing but his acting doesn’t have any heat. He’s Robert Taylor lite.

by Anonymousreply 191December 4, 2023 1:09 AM

I’ve actually met Matt Bomer a couple of times and he is friendly & charming. So much crap on here! No wonder he tries to protect his public image. I can understand not being a fan, but I don’t get the viciousness. What has he ever done to you?

by Anonymousreply 192December 4, 2023 2:18 AM

R192 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 193December 4, 2023 2:19 AM

R192 I think what people don't like about him is that he did the surrogacy which some say is akin to human trafficking. The kids literally ruined his career! A message to Chris Evans btw that he shouldn't do the same route with his friend Mark Kassen. His career is already falling apart because he did a fake marriage (Yes it was really faked cause his lipstick alley fans found out that immigration law doesn't add up).

Anyways, my point is that these gay celebs who do these surrogate procedures aren't going with the times. What is promoted is the childless single life, like we saw on time magazin but he's doing the opposite. I mean really... why does Bomer want to emulate the 1950s nuclear family lmao?? How bored was he? 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 4, 2023 4:24 PM

It's really nobody's fucking business is somebody goes the surrogacy route. And these women are doing it of their own volition, they're not being forced into it.

by Anonymousreply 195December 4, 2023 4:36 PM

[quote]Anyways, my point is that these gay celebs who do these surrogate procedures aren't going with the times. What is promoted is the childless single life, like we saw on time magazin but he's doing the opposite. I mean really... why does Bomer want to emulate the 1950s nuclear family lmao??

How dare Matt live the life he wants to live!

by Anonymousreply 196December 4, 2023 4:47 PM

R196 he obviously doesn't cause I don't see an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 197December 4, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote] What is promoted is the childless single life, like we saw on time magazin but he's doing the opposite.

Who gives a fuck about what's being promoted by a bunch of dipshit 24 year-old Wellesley grads on social media?

by Anonymousreply 198December 4, 2023 5:03 PM

Hey, Matt is an adult, he can do what he wants with his life!!

Human Trafficking...it's only Monday.

by Anonymousreply 199December 4, 2023 5:06 PM

I fight this argument a lot but as someone whose sister is a 3x surrogate, it makes me furious when people suggest those using surrogates are doing anything wrong. No-one has ever forced my sister, she had two kids herself & then decided she wanted to help someone else. I think it’s incredible, I think she’s incredible. We are British and so she does it all for free.

When did Matt & Simon start dating? They must have been together a long ass time if their eldest kid is what 18? Presuming they dated a while before jumping into the very long & winding surro journey!

by Anonymousreply 200December 4, 2023 7:49 PM

Mark Kassen and Chris Evans are lovers?

by Anonymousreply 201December 4, 2023 7:54 PM

I know there’s at least one person here who doesn’t believe them, but Matt’s husband says all 3 children are biologically his. He already had the oldest one when he met Matt, who has acted as a loving dad to them.

by Anonymousreply 202December 4, 2023 7:54 PM

R201 It was implied in the comment section on crazy day and nights of this linked blind item in the datalounge thread below but the lover could also be Chris' long time friend and assistant Joshua Martin Peck who runs his instagram. Chris' fans on LSA say that it was mentioned that Josh is childless and unmarried and has been living in Chris' house for years. Erotic...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 4, 2023 8:49 PM

R202 - ahh, well that’s lovely if that’s true. I had wondered if the eldest was from another relationship but I thought maybe the other two were babies they planned together. Not that it matters. Biology doesn’t make you less of a parent!

by Anonymousreply 204December 4, 2023 9:27 PM

[quote]He already had the oldest one when he met Matt, who has acted as a loving dad to them.

Yup. He had the oldest one when he met Matt and was already in the process of having the other two. As he has said before, how he joined their family isn't his story to tell. So he doesn't talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 205December 4, 2023 9:56 PM

I read here a million years ago that he got with Simon after Simon broke up with Burtka - so probably around 2004 at the earliest, maybe 2006 latest?

They’ve been together almost 20 years. Pretty impressive.

by Anonymousreply 206December 4, 2023 9:57 PM

R206, NPH’s husband?

by Anonymousreply 207December 5, 2023 12:28 AM

Nominated for Best Actor in a Limited Series for Critics Choice Award. The show (Fellow Travelers) & Jonathan Bailey (supporting actor) are also nominated.

by Anonymousreply 208December 5, 2023 7:52 PM

Matt is TV Line Performer of the Week for Episode 7 of FT. Contains spoilers! Don’t read if you don’t want to know!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 9, 2023 6:17 PM

He IS Matt Bomer!

by Anonymousreply 210December 9, 2023 6:35 PM

R209 can someone call Roseanne to tell him he looks like the planet of the apes here?

by Anonymousreply 211December 9, 2023 9:05 PM

R211 What a bizarre comment! What are you babbling about? Are you sure you’re even in the right thread?

by Anonymousreply 212December 10, 2023 4:49 PM

I read OP’s title as

Matt Bomer is having a movement

by Anonymousreply 213December 10, 2023 4:51 PM

Matt's piercing blue eyes are very intense like Meg Foster's. He has a face that is so pretty it doesn't express much and the blue eyes make it look like he's staring a laser light into you. It's weird. I know he can act, but his actor bag of tricks is limited by his "painted doll" face.

Jonathan Bailey does this thing onscreen where he opens his big brown eyes extra wide to signal surprise or intensity. I've watched him do it on every episode of FT. It's like an acting tic that the camera magnifies.

Matt Bomer seems like a very nice and grounded fellow. It is impossible not to be happy for the success of the show, even though he seems to want to show himself having gay sex in every episode, which is a bit much, we get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 214December 10, 2023 8:22 PM

[quote]I'd love to eat his ass and then slip my 7.5" inside him.

Why? Aren't you afraid Matt would giggle about your tinymeat, princess?

by Anonymousreply 215December 11, 2023 12:20 AM

[quote]Nominated for Best Actor in a Limited Series for Critics Choice Award.

Golly. That's *almost* as good as a Golden Globe! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 216December 11, 2023 12:21 AM

R209, while this week's show had Bomer's best acting thus far, suffice it to say that's faint praise. He had ONE not-bad scene, and considering he has kids, I should sure as fuck HOPE he could muster some genuine emotion over his son dying of a heroin overdose.

Still, I'm sorry, but he simply has no real range. In most scenes he comes off as a naughtier version of the flirtatious straight guy he played on "White Collar," except with (thankfully) vastly more sex. (Actually, this seems like one of the most sexually explicit limited series to date, at least among ones focused on gay sex – excluding porn, obviously.) And then there's the vanity thing: LITERALLY NOBODY shaved their chests and had gym-sculpted biceps & abs in ANY decade on the show thus far. Most actors tone down their honed physiques for period roles, but even Bailey looks far too implausibly well-built for someone with late-stage AIDS. (Ironically, Bomer himself was a more realistic AIDS sufferer in "The Normal Heart," but I guess Paramount doesn't "do" HBO-level budgets.)

by Anonymousreply 217December 11, 2023 12:35 AM

r215 7.5" is pretty big.

by Anonymousreply 218December 11, 2023 1:01 AM

[quote] LITERALLY NOBODY shaved their chests and had gym-sculpted biceps & abs in ANY decade on the show thus far. Most actors tone down their honed physiques for period roles

Most actors these days aren't going to give up their sculpted gym bodies for a period role. That's one thing that just has to be overlooked in modern shows and movies.

by Anonymousreply 219December 11, 2023 1:03 AM

Oddly he did do a correct period body for Doom Patrol

Given its Showtime background and producer Robbie Rogers’ lack of skill, this was always going to turn into an ad for Equinox Gym.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 11, 2023 1:08 AM

r220 he was shredded in Doom Patrol, too. He didn't do a period correct body.

by Anonymousreply 221December 11, 2023 1:11 AM

Oh, what the hell.

HGH for Duckling!🐥

by Anonymousreply 222December 11, 2023 1:11 AM

There were fit people in the 1940s. This is how they looked. This was correct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 11, 2023 1:14 AM

Nolan Funk when he did Mrs. Maisel had a flawless period body. Athletic people just looked different then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224December 11, 2023 1:18 AM

Oh good lord. We get a well-reviewed show telling a GAY story and you're complaining that someone's body is too ripped? Really???

by Anonymousreply 225December 11, 2023 3:54 AM

r225 you know how some of these persnickety fucking queens can be.

by Anonymousreply 226December 11, 2023 3:58 AM

FWIW I also find the ridiculously shredded bodies distracting in a so called period piece. Whether you want to admit it or not it fucks with the verisimilitude- which should be prioritized in a decades - spanning piece like FT. My .02 cents.

by Anonymousreply 227December 11, 2023 4:15 AM

r227 as has been stated, most modern actors aren't going to let their bodies go to shit. If they got flabby it would take a long time to get shredded again, and they'd lose out on roles.

by Anonymousreply 228December 11, 2023 4:23 AM

Oh OK R228 - thanks so much for explaining (in such a nuanced way) how the industry works. Hopefully actors aren’t asked to get haircuts for parts either - think of all the jobs they’d lose….

by Anonymousreply 229December 11, 2023 5:32 AM

r229 a haircut is not the same as letting your body go to shit.

by Anonymousreply 230December 11, 2023 5:49 AM

[quote] thanks so much for explaining (in such a nuanced way)

^^Christ what a fucking prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 231December 11, 2023 5:50 AM

Problem for say Jonny Bailey is he was filming two shows at once. He couldn’t change his body shape for FT & it not fit the continuity needed for Bridgerton.

Just suspend your belief. Use your imagination. It’s so bad for your body to keep putting on & losing weight. I don’t blame actors for saying no.

by Anonymousreply 232December 11, 2023 6:59 AM

He wasn’t filming two shows at once. Fellow Travelers was filmed in Toronto and the other is filmed in England. He won’t even be in season 3 much.

by Anonymousreply 233December 11, 2023 8:40 AM

Not that many jocks lifted weights. Adult men exercised and at most did calisthenics.

Even when I was a jock in HS in the 70s only the football team used weights regularly. Depending on the year I ran track, played soccer, rowed, played tennis or golf - no weights.

attached: Princeton Crew 1955 - quite willowy or reedy. It seems we were more robust in the 70s, though. But not by much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 11, 2023 9:06 AM

I enjoyed his daddy-son energy opposite Bill Pullman in that Sinner show.

by Anonymousreply 235December 11, 2023 9:29 AM

R233 - yes he was. Jonny & Matt have spoken in interviews recently about how he juggled both & was commuting back & forth from Canada to the UK. They said one weekend, he finished filming FT, got a on a plane, was filming a regency ball 18 hours later & then the following day had rehearsals for Wicked. Then back onto a plane to Canada to carry on with FT.

He worked damn hard in 2022 it seems!

by Anonymousreply 236December 11, 2023 9:57 AM

Bomer's hot and you can't deny he looks great for his age. I don't just mean facially, but his body too.

I'd only been vaguely aware of his age but looked him up when I started to watch Fellow Travelers. I always assumed I was older than him, but he's actually five years older than me. He looks great for it.

by Anonymousreply 237December 11, 2023 10:35 AM

Just next time can you not title the thread so it sounds like Matt Bomer is taking a poo?

by Anonymousreply 238December 11, 2023 11:46 AM

He does look good for 46. Saw a photo of him & Simon on Insta earlier & you can really tell their age difference at this point. Simon looks his 59 years whereas Matt probably could pass for early 40’s. Still, Simon looks better for aging normally than say DLB who looks like a waxwork.

by Anonymousreply 239December 11, 2023 1:05 PM

What does 40 possess?

by Anonymousreply 240December 11, 2023 2:48 PM

Nominated for Golden Globes Best Actor in a Limited Series. The series is also nominated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 11, 2023 5:07 PM

[quote]Most actors these days aren't going to give up their sculpted gym bodies for a period role.

WTF? Bomer HIMSELF lost 40 pounds (obviously all muscle) for "The Normal Heart"! Actors still do this shit all the time. Speaking of "The Normal Heart," his co-star Taylor Kitsch – whose normal physique is even better than Bomer's, which is saying a lot – gained 30 pounds of fat to play an oxy junkie in the recent "Painkiller" limited series. Also, are none of you bitches fans of "The Gilded Age"? (and "Downton Abbey" before that) Both have had a number of hot guys, but zero "sculpting" (and "Downton" ends less than 25 years before "Fellow Travelers" starts).

The lone exception that comes to mind is the first Captain America movie, set in the '30s, but OTOH superhero movies seem like a reasonable exception.

by Anonymousreply 242December 11, 2023 10:37 PM

👆🏼yes

by Anonymousreply 243December 11, 2023 11:43 PM

Op's covoer photo makes me think Matt would really look better with longer hair for minute. He's kept his Ken hairstyle for decades. He should change it up a bit and add some more length, he had the bone-structure to pull it (well any look) off.

by Anonymousreply 244December 11, 2023 11:55 PM

R244 I agree.

by Anonymousreply 245December 11, 2023 11:57 PM

Matt's face is insipid. His blank stare is odd. He really needs to watch his wide-eyed glare onscreen, it has a weird affect.

by Anonymousreply 246December 12, 2023 3:45 AM

I like Matts curly hair these days. It suits him a bit longer. He’s a gorgeous man.

I can’t believe people are complaining two gorgeous, openly gay men are too hot on screen. Christ, who cares?! It’s not real, it’s TV. It doesn’t have to be hyper realistic to still be a good story. For once, we have proper, no hold back, gay sex on show. We have two gay man talking about how intimacy in any form for gay men shouldn’t be taboo or with shame. And still we complain!

by Anonymousreply 247December 12, 2023 10:17 AM

The reason it irks some people is that we have only seen ourselves represented as cartoons in glossy schlock (queer as folk) or in porn, where they have those bodies

When something “serious” comes along we like it to not look like that (brokeback, angels in America, cmbyn, all of us strangers)

this was not an adaptation of dancer from the dance, this was an adaptation of a melancholy postwar star-crossed romance (which ron nyswaner willed into dancer from the dance.)

by Anonymousreply 248December 12, 2023 12:24 PM

See this is ridiculous. Men just didn’t look like that in the seventies, so it looks like porn.

Meanwhile, Ben Whishaw filmed extremely explicit scenes in Passengers and nobody made that comparison, because Ben Whishaw doesn’t have a porn body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249December 12, 2023 12:37 PM

AOUS is using this still to promote the film.

Non-porn body = serious art

Porn body = produced by robbie rogers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 12, 2023 12:43 PM

Yes, no men looked like Matt Bomer in the 70’s.. oh wait..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 12, 2023 12:51 PM

I’ll take the hot bodies.

Shallow, I guess. Sue me.

by Anonymousreply 252December 12, 2023 12:51 PM

Working link..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 12, 2023 12:52 PM

The 70’s was a LOOK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 12, 2023 12:54 PM

Models and professional bodybuilders were not everyday people.

Huge muscles did not come into fashion in the gay community until after AIDS when it was seen as a way to prove your health, and culturally when Schwarzenegger and Stallone became huge stars and Reagan-era machismo and excess was in full swing.

The sex symbols of the seventies (Warren Beatty, Robert Redford, Ryan O’Neal) were not huge ripped guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 12, 2023 1:25 PM

I’d like a moment with Matt Bomer. Please.

by Anonymousreply 256December 12, 2023 1:26 PM

You prisspots are too fucking much. If seeing a ripped body causes you so much angst, then stop watching the show.

by Anonymousreply 257December 12, 2023 2:27 PM

r257 thinks every show with gay characters is "Amazing!"

by Anonymousreply 258December 12, 2023 2:47 PM

What does 70 possess?

by Anonymousreply 259December 12, 2023 2:47 PM

R259, Aches and pains.

by Anonymousreply 260December 12, 2023 2:55 PM

R258 Well, a whole lot of people think this show with gay characters is “Amazing!” Maybe you don’t. No accounting for taste, is there? Bet you’re watching it though.

by Anonymousreply 261December 12, 2023 3:10 PM

You didn't see many tattoos during the 70s, if at all.

by Anonymousreply 262December 12, 2023 4:01 PM

Modern bodies are just a fact in period pieces now, get over it. Nobody, esp. American actors, are going to let their bodies get all untoned and flabby because in modern roles that's a must these days. It takes a long time to get toned back up, and it's not good for your health to keep fluctuating.

And nobody who's even halfway attractive who lives in NY or LA would accept not having a ripped body.

by Anonymousreply 263December 12, 2023 4:02 PM

R262, And you saw a lot of hairy chests.

by Anonymousreply 264December 12, 2023 5:24 PM

r263, skipping the gym for 3 weeks and gaining ten pounds is not endangering anyone's health.

We're not talking Raging Bull!

by Anonymousreply 265December 12, 2023 7:12 PM

👆🏼oh…a little sanity. 🙏🏼

by Anonymousreply 266December 12, 2023 7:15 PM

[quote]American actors, are going to let their bodies get all untoned and flabby because in modern roles that's a must these days. It takes a long time to get toned back up, and it's not good for your health to keep fluctuating.

This is in fact idiotic. Most actors hate getting into shape for superhero roles because of the intense body hacks necessary to look that good onscreen. Henry Cavill said he was so dehydrated filming the Man of Steel shirtless scenes that he could smell water when it was nearby. If you see a gorgeous, ripped-to-death actor onscreen, he is most likely starving and dehydrated. Movies and fashion have always had these body hacks for making things look better than they could ever appear in real life - fun fact, many male underwear models are in fact wearing high heels or standing on their tip-toes during shoots because it makes the thighs and groin bulge out more appealingly.

Neither Bomer or Bailey are this large offscreen when they aren't filming. They got into this shape because it fit with the image they wanted for this series, which is, for better of worse, porn-esque. The Hollywood Reporter or Variety critic even said in their review that it felt like watching porn.

by Anonymousreply 267December 12, 2023 7:31 PM

We get it. You hate the muscles. But Jonny is fit as fuck off screen. Matts a lucky man to have licked him. I would like too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268December 12, 2023 8:02 PM

I’ll also add my desire to lick Matt. That body is fucking perfect. Not sure how old this photo is but those shoulders & collar bones 🤤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 12, 2023 8:21 PM

White Collar bones, R269.

by Anonymousreply 270December 12, 2023 8:22 PM

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 271December 12, 2023 8:54 PM

[quote]If you see a gorgeous, ripped-to-death actor onscreen, he is most likely starving and dehydrated. Movies and fashion have always had these body hacks for making things look better than they could ever appear in real life

FFS you are an absolute moron. You don't have to starve and dehydrate to have a decent gym body, which is what the Industry demands and anyone who is halfway decent looking these days demands, esp. in cities like NY and LA. Hell, Midwestern teenagers in Bumfucke are ripped as hell these days.

Christ, some of you haven't left your hovels since Dynasty went off the air, I swear.

by Anonymousreply 272December 12, 2023 9:32 PM

[quote]Neither Bomer or Bailey are this large offscreen when they aren't filming. They got into this shape because it fit with the image they wanted for this series, which is, for better of worse, porn-esque. The Hollywood Reporter or Variety critic even said in their review that it felt like watching porn.

They look pretty much the same offscreen. Modern, attractive men work out and like looking good. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 273December 12, 2023 9:33 PM

Who invited the "Get over it!" queen?

by Anonymousreply 274December 12, 2023 9:54 PM

^^your mother

by Anonymousreply 275December 12, 2023 9:55 PM

If they had made him look less attractive, there would be people here clucking over how poor Matt had let himself go.

by Anonymousreply 276December 12, 2023 9:56 PM

From Fellow Travelers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 12, 2023 10:07 PM

He looks good, anything more would be too much.

by Anonymousreply 278December 12, 2023 10:41 PM

Bailey was built AF for Bridgerton. His build for FT wasn't something he just did for the role. Also, how would you know what the actors look like when not filming? Are you a personal friend? Do you stalk them?

by Anonymousreply 279December 12, 2023 11:34 PM

R272 = idiot.

ALL SUPERHERO ACTORS DO THIS BEFORE SHIRTLESS SCENES. ALL BODYBUILDERS DO THIS BEFORE COMPETITIONS. ALL UNDERWEAR MODELS DO THIS BEFORE PHOTOSHOOTS. EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS.

Be honest with me R272. You think social media is an accurate representation of real life, don’t you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280December 13, 2023 10:44 AM

R279 you are using Bridgerton as a representation of accurate bodies? BRIDGERTON?

Bridgerton is a fantasy where beautiful black and white people cavort in period dressings; Fellow Travelers is a fantasy where men with porn bodies don’t age over periods of twenty years. Bailey’s casting is and was ludicrous, not because he is not good in the role but because it is so obviously written for a younger actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281December 13, 2023 10:53 AM

Do you want to know why Jonathan Bailey was cast in this project?

BECAUSE GAY MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE CANNOT GET OVER AL PARKER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282December 13, 2023 10:56 AM

Nope r280. Sorry to upset you in your hovel, but ripped bodies are the norm for everybody in Hollywood. And even regular Joes in America. They're not going to let their hard-earned bodies go to shit and then have to get ripped again - a process that takes a very long time - for anything.

Just suspend disbelief.

by Anonymousreply 283December 13, 2023 1:20 PM

[quote]Be honest with me [R272]. You think social media is an accurate representation of real life, don’t you?

Real life is an honest representation of real life.

by Anonymousreply 284December 13, 2023 1:21 PM

r280 is a LYING PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 285December 13, 2023 1:30 PM

[quote]Sorry to upset you in your hovel, but ripped bodies are the norm for everybody in Hollywood. And even regular Joes in America.

Ten to one this person weighs over 250 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 286December 13, 2023 1:33 PM

^^165, 5'10" and a 7.5' thick cock. Blue eyes, dark brown hair. Get laid on the regular. Partner and I play together.

by Anonymousreply 287December 13, 2023 1:38 PM

So you’re telling me you look like Hans Moleman and are hung like a bee.

by Anonymousreply 288December 13, 2023 1:55 PM

If a mini series is ever done about Hunter Biden, I choose Matt to play him.

by Anonymousreply 289December 13, 2023 2:05 PM

Gee R281, reading comprehension really isn't your thing, is it? The claim was that Bailey built up for the role in FT. He was built in Bridgerton and is just built period. Again, I am perplexed that this has even become a point of discussion on a gay board no less. You prisspots need a new hobby and a new life.

by Anonymousreply 290December 13, 2023 2:28 PM

I’m also a bit perplexed that anyone is hating on them for being gorgeous with great bodies. Of all the things….. I would typically accuse the fraus when there is nonsense afoot, but I don’t even think it’s them this time.

by Anonymousreply 291December 13, 2023 5:19 PM

[quote]Fellow Travelers is a fantasy where men with porn bodies don’t age over periods of twenty years.

More like 35 years, and in Tim's case we're expected to believe he has late-stage AIDS on top of age-related loss of bulk.

[quote]Sorry to upset you in your hovel, but ripped bodies are the norm for everybody in Hollywood. And even regular Joes in America.

Um, no, they're not. Ripped bodies are only the "norm" for actors who routinely play heartthrob or action-hero roles: Chris Pratt was flat-out fat before he trimmed down for the first "Guardians" movie. (But has admittedly kept his bulk since then, albeit with the rather huge caveat of getting cast in multiple leading-man roles, including all three "Jurassic World" movies.) And have we already forgotten that last year's Best Actor Oscar went to the lead in a movie LITERALLY called "The Whale"? I know a lot of it was prosthetics, but Brendan Fraser hasn't been in "ripped" shape in close to 20 years.

As for "regular Joes," it's been documented time and time AND TIME again that the American public – along with the publics in most developed nations that have, tragically, opted to embrace our fast-food mores – are fatter than ever before & getting worse. OP, I don't know if you're a shut-in who watches nothing but gay porn, or merely a scene queen who rarely leaves WeHo and refuses to be seen with anyone below a "L.A. 9," but this is all severely warped.

by Anonymousreply 292December 13, 2023 7:26 PM

[quote]As for "regular Joes," it's been documented time and time AND TIME again that the American public – along with the publics in most developed nations that have, tragically, opted to embrace our fast-food mores – are fatter than ever before & getting worse.

It's really more of a class issue, esp. in urban areas. Ripped bodies ARE the norm for actors these days, with some exceptions. You don't work if you're not toned and fit.

by Anonymousreply 293December 13, 2023 7:28 PM

[quote]Um, no, they're not. Ripped bodies are only the "norm" for actors who routinely play heartthrob or action-hero roles:

You are such a fucking idiot, stop embarrassing yourself. Even most sitcom actors are ripped these days.

by Anonymousreply 294December 13, 2023 7:29 PM

Yikes. It’s a TV show. If you can’t use your fucking imagination, don’t watch it.

Acting like Matt & Jonny are beefed up steroid users. They are fit as hell but just in a low body weight, clearly hit the gym & keep active kinda way. Like the vast majority of good looking actors in TV/Movies!

by Anonymousreply 295December 13, 2023 8:18 PM

Another role, another bit of foot play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296December 13, 2023 8:40 PM

[quote]Even most sitcom actors are ripped these days.

LOL and the idiot finally dates himself. There’s no such thing as “sitcom actors” because sitcoms barely exist anymore.

I’m telling you, this poster is 350 pounds and he applies the word “ripped” to anyone who can see their dick when they look down.

by Anonymousreply 297December 13, 2023 11:21 PM

[quote] I’m also a bit perplexed that anyone is hating on them for being gorgeous with great bodies.

One of them is supposed to be dying of AIDS, you pea brain!

by Anonymousreply 298December 13, 2023 11:28 PM

[quote]LOL and the idiot finally dates himself. There’s no such thing as “sitcom actors” because sitcoms barely exist anymore.

[quote]I’m telling you, this poster is 350 pounds and he applies the word “ripped” to anyone who can see their dick when they look down.

What a bitter old thing you are. Yes, sitcoms still exist on every network. And I'm fit and pretty good looking, btw.

by Anonymousreply 299December 14, 2023 12:27 AM

[quote] Yes, sitcoms still exist on every network.

Jesus Christ you’re old.

So who did you prefer, Dianne or Rebecca?

by Anonymousreply 300December 14, 2023 12:36 AM

I don't watch 'em r300. Just pointing out a fact.

by Anonymousreply 301December 14, 2023 1:11 AM

To R300, I always liked Rebecca, I would have stabbed Diane to DEATH and stuck her body in a vat of acid at the end of the 2nd season.

by Anonymousreply 302December 14, 2023 1:16 AM

Matt kissed Drew Barrymore on her show to “complete the triangle” since they have both kissed Andrew Rannells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 14, 2023 9:49 AM

I can’t believe we are arguing because someone on here wishes Bomer and Bailey were fatter.

The best gay tv series we’ve had in god knows how long, it is beautifully done, getting rave reviews… and someone is enraged about the two leads being too in shape.

😑

by Anonymousreply 304December 14, 2023 11:35 AM

No you freaking dumbass, we are saying they should be SLIMMER without prominent abdominal muscles.

Remember Jeffey Hunter? He was basically the pre-incarnation of Matt Bomer. That’s the body they should have gone for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 14, 2023 12:06 PM

Will someone please get that MARY a fainting couch so that she can recover from seeing some ab muscles?

by Anonymousreply 306December 14, 2023 2:37 PM

Have we moved on from hating Matts muscles yet? Hope I look as good as him at 46.

Do you think his husband enjoys Matt kissing people on chat shows? Bet his teenage kids really love it 😂

by Anonymousreply 307December 14, 2023 4:32 PM

God, Drew Barrymore is the worst interviewer. She started out in that clip talking about the show, then shifted into her memories of WEHO in the ‘80s, then why she can’t meet a straight man. Um, Drew, was there a question for your guests in there somewhere??

by Anonymousreply 308December 14, 2023 6:34 PM

Matt's have GOT to be used by that by now, r307.

by Anonymousreply 309December 14, 2023 6:53 PM

I’m not sure which is the worst interview I’ve seen in the US this week, Drew Barrymore or Kelly Clarkson! Stop talking about yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 310December 14, 2023 7:31 PM

In most pictures he looks vaguely startled, sort of surprise anally.

by Anonymousreply 311December 14, 2023 8:04 PM

What happened to Matt Bomer's hair? It's unkempt.

by Anonymousreply 312December 14, 2023 9:30 PM

In the Fire Island scenes. Matt's character is supposed to be in his 50s.

Okaaaaaaay.

by Anonymousreply 313December 14, 2023 11:37 PM

Well, Matt is 46 & looking great so far.

by Anonymousreply 314December 15, 2023 6:16 AM

Simon said the aged version of Hawk looked like Matt’s dad.

by Anonymousreply 315December 15, 2023 9:31 PM

Matt Bomer's father, for reference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316December 15, 2023 10:59 PM

yeah, no.

by Anonymousreply 317December 15, 2023 11:02 PM

Not what I expected his parents to look like.. he’s a lot like his mum. He really lucked out on the genetics didn’t he!

by Anonymousreply 318December 16, 2023 1:16 PM

He's perfect as H Fuller, a stunner. Although both he any Bailey are older than their characters compared to the novel

by Anonymousreply 319December 16, 2023 1:22 PM

Good that Matt's having a moment and a resurgence. His fellow Guiding Light alum Murray Bartlett can't have ALLLLLLL the gay roles and awards.

by Anonymousreply 320December 16, 2023 1:41 PM

R320, Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 321December 16, 2023 2:50 PM

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but am I only one who read the headline as "Matt Bomer is having a movement?"

by Anonymousreply 322December 16, 2023 3:21 PM

R322, R213 did.

by Anonymousreply 323December 16, 2023 3:29 PM

I saw the last episode of "Fellow Travellers" last night; I did like the ending.

I do agree with everyone...Matt Bomer is "having a Moment" along with Bailey.

I knew& slept with soooo many Hawks and Skippy's.

by Anonymousreply 324December 16, 2023 3:44 PM

What does Skippy possess?

by Anonymousreply 325December 16, 2023 3:47 PM

An "Innocence" that you want to corrupt by making him do horrible, sexual acts, but you want to protect him from the evil closeted gay men's, like Cohn, McCarthy etc.

That's what I have done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 326December 16, 2023 5:49 PM

Jonty is having a moment. From this, he has season 3 of Bridgerton, And then Wicked.

by Anonymousreply 327December 16, 2023 5:53 PM

Jon wisely doing Season 3 of Bridgerton instead of doing a movie and fading away into obscurity like what's his name who bolted after the first season.

(I know that guy's character was mentioned but not seen. Surely they would have written him in Season 2.)

by Anonymousreply 328December 17, 2023 2:14 AM

Rene Jean Page r328?

by Anonymousreply 329December 17, 2023 2:20 AM

R326 are you saying you've got a spot in hell for breaking in innocents, or the homophobes who destroyed the lives of "corrupting homosexuals" do?

by Anonymousreply 330December 17, 2023 7:29 AM

JB was wise to do Bridgerton3 I think. Never shoot the show that gave you success. Plus I think it shows some level of not letting a surge in popularity go to your head. I’m sure once Wicked comes out, his level of fame will catapult further. But it’ll be interesting to see if being openly gay holds him back as you perhaps might expect. It seems to be keeping Matt doing exclusively gay roles these days, which is no bad thing but you wonder if it’s what he’s choosing or just what’s being offered to him.

by Anonymousreply 331December 17, 2023 9:13 AM

Matt has been pretty frank about not getting offered as many roles since he came out. He has made the best of it, though. He’s actively creating new projects, too.

by Anonymousreply 332December 17, 2023 4:07 PM

R332, That statement borders on unbelievable in 2023.

by Anonymousreply 333December 17, 2023 4:09 PM

Are you joking, r333?

A great looking leading man who comes out as gay has severely limited his career options. Just because gays at home think this doesn't happen doesn't make it so.

by Anonymousreply 334December 17, 2023 6:49 PM

Fully agree and Bomer has no reason to lie about it. If anything, he’s completely downplayed how it fucked up his career.

by Anonymousreply 335December 17, 2023 7:06 PM

It will be interesting to see what he works on next, now that FT & Maestro are over. He’s probably just looking forward to Christmas holiday with his family right now.

by Anonymousreply 336December 18, 2023 1:59 PM

He mentioned his next project is a show about the sodomy laws in Texas that got overturned in 2003. Not sure if he’s producing or starring or both. He’s from Texas right? Maybe quite a personal story for him. I love that he seems to be going down the route of telling queer history. If Hollywood is going to shut doors in your face for being gay then why not take ownership back & tell important stories of your community. It may not be the ‘big time’ dream but it’s work you can be really proud of.

by Anonymousreply 337December 19, 2023 12:12 PM

From the New York Times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 20, 2023 2:12 PM

Just finished watching “Maestro”.

Matt Bomer was barely in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 339December 20, 2023 2:39 PM

Little bit obsessed with that article mentioning the fact the arm pit licking in FT wasn’t scripted. Yum. I mean fair play, when else you gona get the opportunity to lick Jonathan Bailey.

by Anonymousreply 340December 20, 2023 2:54 PM

Just watched Maestro .. do you think Matt realised how little he was going to be in it?! Surely he can’t have filmed for very long?!

by Anonymousreply 341December 20, 2023 9:17 PM

The armpit licking is in the book, during the first time they shared a bed. I haven't watched the miniseries yet but I'm sending there were a few changes made to the source material (which itself is a good read!)

by Anonymousreply 342December 20, 2023 10:01 PM

Today's New York Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343December 20, 2023 10:50 PM

R343, are you also R338?

by Anonymousreply 344December 20, 2023 10:56 PM

I can't read past his photo, I'm not a subscriber.

by Anonymousreply 345December 20, 2023 11:21 PM

R345 Try reading it at this link without paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346December 21, 2023 1:15 AM

R346 Thanks for the link. Good article, nice to seeing Matt get the recognition and the roles he’s earned and deserves.

by Anonymousreply 347December 21, 2023 2:09 AM

Wonder how much of Matt’s part in Maestro may have been cut out in final editing. I think they could have used a little more of him. A lot of the movie was boring.

by Anonymousreply 348December 21, 2023 7:17 AM

[quote]Simon said the aged version of Hawk looked like Matt’s dad.

Judging from the pic, I'm wondering if Simon was passive-aggressively claiming Matt's mom had a fling with a MUCH hotter babydaddy.

by Anonymousreply 349December 21, 2023 9:11 PM

[quote]He mentioned his next project is a show about the sodomy laws in Texas that got overturned in 2003. Not sure if he’s producing or starring or both. He’s from Texas right? Maybe quite a personal story for him.

Doubtful, and I say that as a native Texan about his age – doubtful in the context of Texas politics, that is. Even back in the '90s, Houston & Dallas had two of the biggest gayborhoods in the US, but Matt seems to have decided the same thing I did & moved out of state for college. That said, I've heard zero stories of Matt ever being seen at the Montrose bars in Houston, though I know the leak of that photo of him smooching a former lover at a bar was what outed him. Obviously Texas is massively fucked up, but even THEY didn't bother enforcing anti-sodomy laws on a general basis. (In the Lawrence v. Texas case where SCOTUS overturned the sodomy ban, the arrest happened in Houston after a jealous ex called in a false report about his former lover's new bf having an illegal firearm. Somehow the lack of a firearm didn't result in the case being dismissed.)

If it *is* personal, it'd probably be in the context of his family having so many fundies (and I know a bunch of people who went to his high school - huge school, mostly rich white asshole kids, HUGELY homophobic), not the Lawrence ruling. I sure as fuck HOPE my generation was the last to be subjected to such horrors, but I know three people – all from fundie families – who were sent to conversion camps in their teens. Decades later they're STILL massively fucked up over it.

by Anonymousreply 350December 21, 2023 9:28 PM

Christ. My heart genuinely breaks for anyone experiencing such horrors. It always makes me feel so helpless.

R349 - not sure Simon can comment on aged up Matt. Isn’t he 60 himself?! He’s a lucky fucker with Matt.

by Anonymousreply 351December 21, 2023 9:44 PM

[quote] [R109] Pretty sure you haven’t actually watched it. It’s worth watching for the hot sex scenes between Bailey & Bomer alone (and it’s not just toe sucking). Or perhaps you prefer superhero movies?

I am not r109 but I watched it. The sex scenes are nothing special. It is not easy watching a series where gays are so terrified, self-loathing and persecuted they will incriminate and destroy their gay lovers. It's like a film adaptation of Datalounge...produced by Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 352December 26, 2023 5:52 PM

r352 that's exactly how it was in those times. It's an historical drama.

by Anonymousreply 353December 26, 2023 6:22 PM

R353 it is fiction. I understand the historical aspects of the time period depicted. Why is there such loathing for positive, lighthearted gay movies like "Bros" or "Red, White and Royal Blue" if a gay audience can stomach this kind of wrenching "gay=misery" self-negation? I only made it through Episode 4 before I gave up. I found it depressing and unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 354December 26, 2023 7:36 PM

Dude. It takes place in a certain period of history where all that REALLY HAPPENED. That's kind of the WHOLE POINT.

Those who forget history or fail to learn it, are doomed to repeat it. And seriously, with the GOP threatening to bring those days back, it's not a bad thing to see those days represented on-screen.

You poor hot house flower couldn't tolerate watching the series for more than 4 episodes. SOME OF US ACTUALLY LIVED THROUGH THOSE YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 355December 26, 2023 7:50 PM

I think Bomer and Bailey were remarkable in it.

by Anonymousreply 356December 26, 2023 8:29 PM

I don’t think there was anything “remarkable” about FT - including the performances and especially the writing. Flame away.

by Anonymousreply 357December 26, 2023 11:44 PM

R357 You’re entitled to your opinion (for what it’s worth). The series and actors are getting high praise from critics and viewers and it’s being nominated for awards. My opinion is that it is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 358December 27, 2023 12:43 AM

[quote] You poor hot house flower couldn't tolerate watching the series for more than 4 episodes. SOME OF US ACTUALLY LIVED THROUGH THOSE YEARS.

Hardly a hot house flower. I just prefer uplifting, empowering positive representations of gay life in my entertainment. Sorry you had to live through that but wouldn't you rather that I shouldn't have to?

by Anonymousreply 359December 27, 2023 3:24 AM

r359 nobody gives a fuck about you or your shitty asinine opinions.

by Anonymousreply 360December 27, 2023 3:28 AM

R359, that's pretty much the definition of a hot-house flower. You wilt the moment a little cold wafts by, however temporarily. You can't handle reality. You can't handle actual history. You can't handle the truth.

We went through it and fought hard so you wouldn't have to go through it, but it's fucking insulting that you can't even sit through a TV series to APPRECIATE what you don't have to go through, that we did, in our hard-won fight to build a world where you don't have to suffer as we did.

by Anonymousreply 361December 27, 2023 4:46 AM

I want him to star in a movie based on the book Bath Haus next. Check the book out if you haven't yet.

by Anonymousreply 362December 27, 2023 5:19 AM

[quote] We went through it and fought hard so you wouldn't have to go through it, but it's fucking insulting that you can't even sit through a TV series to APPRECIATE what you don't have to go through, that we did, in our hard-won fight to build a world where you don't have to suffer as we did.

With whatever respect is due, you haven't quite finished the job. I am not sure you personally did anything except watch others suffer. You don't know what I have had to "go through" and suffer by reason of your unfinished 'fight.' It is no insult to you that I don't want to watch that shitty series. I am directly insulting you because you have not done what you claim. Gays are still going through shit today. I prefer aspirational joy and contentment to retrograde self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 363December 27, 2023 1:47 PM

[quote] [R359] nobody gives a fuck about you or your shitty asinine opinions.

Don't take it so personally, Matty. You are shitty in everything.

by Anonymousreply 364December 27, 2023 1:48 PM

I would like him to have his moment in my mouth

by Anonymousreply 365December 27, 2023 2:08 PM

r363 must be the stupidest person on earth. Yes, gays are still going through shit today but an incredible amount of progress has been made. Progress that was undreamed of in decades past.

by Anonymousreply 366December 27, 2023 2:45 PM

R363, I want to personally say go fuck yourself you ungrateful, whiny asshole.

by Anonymousreply 367December 27, 2023 3:09 PM

The Fellow Travelers series is about the persistence of love despite all the obstacles. I don’t think that’s depressing.

by Anonymousreply 368December 27, 2023 3:30 PM

[quote]Matt has been pretty frank about not getting offered as many roles since he came out.

That's because he's not a great actor and has zero sex appeal. Meanwhile, Jonathan Bailey is playing the lead hetero romantic interest in one of the top TV shows and a major motion picture. He's extremely talented and versatile, and has a great personality, which is why his career is not been handicapped by being openly gay in the same way that Bomer's is.

Wicked is the biggest greenlit project in the history of Universal pictures, as told here by Adam James:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369December 27, 2023 3:44 PM

I actually have a theory that UK gay actors have an easier time getting roles in Hollywood due to the cultural prejudice of all middle and upper class British men being somewhat effeminate

Ergo, Andrew Scott (UK) will probably be the first openly gay man to get a Best Actor nomination since Ian McKellan (UK)

by Anonymousreply 370December 27, 2023 4:06 PM

That being said, Bailey was able to do Wicked due to Bridgerton’s unorthodox format with each season revolving around one sibling who only appears recurring each season. Bomer did not have that luxury with White Collar.

Lots of actors as soon as they hit a big TV series, get offers from everywhere (this causes the David Caruso effect of quitting after one season and then watching the film offers dry up.) Bomer probably got a lot of offers when White Collar was new. After he came out, he was already a few seasons in and was not shiny and new, so he received less offers.

by Anonymousreply 371December 27, 2023 4:15 PM

* fewer offers.

by Anonymousreply 372December 27, 2023 4:19 PM

And speaking of Caruso, look at Rege Jean Page. Was everywhere, quit Bridgerton, and offers dried up.

by Anonymousreply 373December 27, 2023 4:19 PM

Caruso didn't make that mistake again with CSI Miami, like he did with NYPD Blue.

Maybe he got smarter when he got older!!

by Anonymousreply 374December 27, 2023 4:27 PM

Also, on CSI: Horatio, it was about everyone in Miami wearing the same color outfits throughout the episode. It was the reason I watched.

by Anonymousreply 375December 27, 2023 4:33 PM

To R375...Have you ever played the "CSI Miami Horatio drinking game"? How many times he takes his sunglasses off, puts the back on, tilts his head left or right, the matching clothing with the other CSI's, who was the hot guy on the show. Certain lines and phrases Horatio always said on the show.

by Anonymousreply 376December 27, 2023 5:18 PM

Same with that girl who played Lady Sybil on Downton. Left the show and career went to shit.

by Anonymousreply 377December 27, 2023 6:52 PM

I bet Matt & Jonathan will both be getting offers after Fellow Travelers. They say they’d like to work together again. That would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 378December 27, 2023 7:48 PM

Well interesting is one way of putting it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 27, 2023 8:06 PM

[R363] must be the stupidest person on earth. Yes, gays are still going through shit today but an incredible amount of progress has been made. Progress that was undreamed of in decades past.

Very obviously not the stupidest...

Thank you for sparing me that distinction, R366.

by Anonymousreply 380December 27, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote] [R363], I want to personally say go fuck yourself you ungrateful, whiny asshole.

And you did. Bravo!

You can kill yourself now you sorry, pathetic old queen.

by Anonymousreply 381December 27, 2023 9:31 PM

R377 or Dan Stevens for that matter. He’s a reliable character actor and will eventually get all the roles Cary Elwes and Hugh Grant get now, but he probably expected to take off when he left Downton.

by Anonymousreply 382December 27, 2023 10:12 PM

Matt Bomer has spunk.

I HATE spunk.

(But suddenly....)

by Anonymousreply 383December 27, 2023 10:42 PM

R382 I thought about him but he did have that huge hit with Beauty And The Beast and got some gigs on Broadway

by Anonymousreply 384December 27, 2023 10:50 PM

I have always enjoyed spunk.

by Anonymousreply 385December 27, 2023 10:55 PM

[quote] [R377] or Dan Stevens for that matter. He’s a reliable character actor and will eventually get all the roles Cary Elwes and Hugh Grant get now, but he probably expected to take off when he left Downton.

Stevens is an interesting case. Physically transformed his appearance. Strong in "The Guest" and especially in "Legion." However, I think he is still best known for DA and it was basically just a soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 386December 27, 2023 11:01 PM

Bomer looks terrified at r379 in spite of the botox. Was there a bag of oranges in his imminent future?!

by Anonymousreply 387December 27, 2023 11:04 PM

^^he looks coked.

by Anonymousreply 388December 27, 2023 11:40 PM

NBC article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389January 2, 2024 6:49 PM

R387 I think they look like a photographer just stepped in front of their car and they’re afraid they are going to hit him.

by Anonymousreply 390January 2, 2024 6:50 PM

Matt is a pretty decent actor. He was able to convey true terror in this heartbreaking scene with Leatherface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 2, 2024 9:11 PM

No thanks R391! I believe you without watching it! (The description of what happens to the beautiful Bomer character is more than enough!)

"He is the victim of whom Thomas withdrew a face from to wear as his own and cover his own hideous facial defomity a result of a gruesome skin disease which developed when he was a young boy."

by Anonymousreply 392January 3, 2024 12:11 AM

Thanks for the NBC article. I just watched Maestro and was surprised at how much I liked Bomer in his three seconds of screen time. His eyes did all the acting and yet he managed to steal the scene from cooper and mulligan. It's a pity he is still struggling to find work. I had also forgotten that he already has a Golden Globe. I see people here saying he doesn't have talent but I have to disagree, he is clearly a very good actor. Pity he doesn't get more/better work.

I should watch Fellow Travelers. I have a sudden interest in Matt after Maestro. Wanted more of him,

by Anonymousreply 393January 3, 2024 2:07 PM

[R369] I think Bailey has the advantage of timing. Bomer came out long before the representation movement in HW, while Bailey has the benefit of the zeitgeist being more pro-lgbt with so many gay prestige dramas being made. Have to give Bomer credit for coming out at the height of his white collar success. He could have easily stayed in the closet and carved out a successful career for himself just based on his looks and charm. Sometimes I think he should have. It's not like gay men here are giving him any credit for coming out when he did and he also lost out on work.

Also, I don't think people knew Bailey was gay when Bridgerton came out. White Collar was also the highest-rated cable show at one point. Both Bomer and Bailey are able to play straight very effectively, clearly. Bailey has the age advantage. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 394January 3, 2024 2:22 PM

Oh I just saw that Matt is nominated for Golden Globe this year. Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 395January 3, 2024 2:23 PM

The NBC article was a good read. It’s disappointing to read that Matt hasn’t gotten the credit and work he deserves. He’s a talented actor and by all accounts a decent person. I agree with the poster up thread that Bailey and his out contemporaries are benefiting from timing, that and the fact he’s a talented actor as well. Hopefully, the very positive critics and fan reaction to Fellow Travelers will make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 396January 3, 2024 4:56 PM

R387 Deer in the headlights look.

by Anonymousreply 397January 3, 2024 5:04 PM

globes tomorrow! someone post his look here please

by Anonymousreply 398January 6, 2024 10:50 PM

Still handsome but...different.

Is it just age or has he done something to his jawline and chin? Or has his face just sustained too many direct hits from a bag of oranges?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399January 8, 2024 8:55 PM

just older R399.

by Anonymousreply 400January 8, 2024 9:51 PM

He looked delicious at the Golden Globes on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 401January 8, 2024 9:54 PM

Why would it be interesting R379?

by Anonymousreply 402January 9, 2024 5:40 PM

At 11:43, the relatively unknown "Matthew Bomer" is introduced in Dec, 2010 to perform, with Kelly O'Hara, "It Only Takes a Moment," in a Kennedy Center Honors tribute to honoree Jerry Herman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403January 9, 2024 6:08 PM

[quote]We went through it and fought hard so you wouldn't have to go through it, but it's fucking insulting that you can't even sit through a TV series to APPRECIATE what you don't have to go through, that we did, in our hard-won fight to build a world where you don't have to suffer as we did.

I lived through it as well. And while R359's being a totally insensitive asshole – his "Sorry you had to live through that but wouldn't you rather that I shouldn't have to?" is one of the meanest things I've seen on DL in a long time, and you bitches are ALL savage vipers – I nonetheless concur with his main point.

If FT was the first TV show (or even movie) to depict the Lavender Scare or AIDS plague, that'd be one thing. But it's not. The '90s had almost nothing *but* tragedy among productions focused on gay men – and no, I'm not counting campy mainstream bullshit like "The Birdcage." Did none of you bitches learn your lessons from "Queer as Folk"? It became a massive hit, both in the UK and US, explicitly *because* it firmly rejected the notion that gay people are nothing but victims. While yes, the first protease inhibitors were out by then, an actual *celebration* of gay life was still entirely novel before it aired.

My view is this: I lived through it, and lived through it a second time via dozens of films about it that all ended with obvious tragedy. And while I watched all of FT, on whole I'd prefer to avoid living through it for a *third* time. (The hospital scenes in SF produced some startling PTSD for me.) Did it even occur to the producers (including Matt) that this show would likely trigger most of its gay-male audience over the age of 50? The one novel aspect of the show is it having two openly gay leads and being aired on a major streamer, as opposed to some tiny "art house" release of an indie pic with a $5K budget.

Unlike R359, I'm fine with watching queer people in roles / on shows that aren't "aspirational." I'm simply wanting some new material. We have a GOP on the warpath against all things queer, so why not have a series about, say, a Florida high school teacher who's outed and falsely accused of "grooming" his students by DeSantis? Right-wingers actually believe this absurdity, and we need all the ammo against them – including pop-culture productions – that we can get. (But we *really* don't need to rehash the pre-1990 years yet again IMO, and yes, I know I may be in the minority on that one – and, unfortunately, aligned with R359, whom I assume is some sort of dizzy twink too chickenshit to acknowledge the painful realities of our collective pasts.)

by Anonymousreply 404January 9, 2024 6:36 PM

R398 Here you go. (Note wedding ring.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405January 9, 2024 8:12 PM

Matt with Simon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406January 9, 2024 8:15 PM

R406, Looks like Matt with his dad lol.

by Anonymousreply 407January 9, 2024 9:01 PM

Matt is still beautiful

by Anonymousreply 408January 9, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote]Did it even occur to the producers (including Matt) that this show would likely trigger most of its gay-male audience over the age of 50?

Why should they have been concerned about that? Those scenes reflected the reality of those times. If you're too sensitive to watch something "triggering" then don't watch the damn thing at all.

by Anonymousreply 409January 9, 2024 9:21 PM

[quote] And while [R359]'s being a totally insensitive asshole – his "Sorry you had to live through that but wouldn't you rather that I shouldn't have to?" is one of the meanest things I've seen on DL in a long time, and you bitches are ALL savage vipers – I nonetheless concur with his main point.

Is this a joke? Something else must be at play here because no rational person could take such offense to what I wrote.

I don't claim that any of what is depicted in FT is false or exaggerated, nor did I minimize the lasting trauma anyone who lived through it experienced. There are no villains here. I am just one among billions who is disinterested in 'gay misery'-porn.

by Anonymousreply 410January 9, 2024 9:37 PM

You can still fuck all the way off, R410. You fucking insulting ingrate.

by Anonymousreply 411January 9, 2024 11:06 PM

R406 *

* (not pictured... the bag of oranges)

by Anonymousreply 412January 9, 2024 11:07 PM

[quote] You can still fuck all the way off, R410. You fucking insulting ingrate.

As I said...no "rational" person. Take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 413January 10, 2024 5:43 PM

Matt at Critics Choice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414January 16, 2024 12:03 AM

R414

He looks electric in that blue.

by Anonymousreply 415January 16, 2024 12:48 AM

Matt in his Fellow Travelers role

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416January 16, 2024 12:51 AM

Matt in his Fellow Travelers role

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 16, 2024 12:52 AM

(Sorry for double post. I didn’t think it worked the first time.)

by Anonymousreply 418January 16, 2024 12:53 AM

He looked absolutely gorgeous at the CCA. Unreal.

by Anonymousreply 419January 16, 2024 1:39 AM

Maybe Lucie & Desi, Jr., will be appearing.

by Anonymousreply 420January 16, 2024 1:54 AM

R420 idgi

by Anonymousreply 421January 16, 2024 4:15 AM

Ah, I was wondering where my missing Emmy’s post landed.

by Anonymousreply 422January 16, 2024 12:46 PM

I have an intrusive question about simon halls and bomer. someone here said simon was dating david burka before matt but bomer said simon pursued him for one and a half years before he agreed to a date so how does that timing work out

by Anonymousreply 423January 22, 2024 4:29 AM

Simon Halls used to cheat like crazy.

Neil Patrick Harris confirmed that Halls was Burtka’s previous partner in his autobiography and they had a bad breakup.

Mr. Peabody used to run with the Bryan Singer pool party cloud before he became the Edwardian dowager we know today.

by Anonymousreply 424January 22, 2024 4:40 AM

R424

well he peaked with matt, doesn't get prettier than that. guess he wanted to lock him down.

by Anonymousreply 425January 22, 2024 5:09 AM

How do the kids factor into all this? It’s confusing. So he was in a relationship with Burtka, spent a year & a half chasing Matt and while doing the chasing, decided to have a kid by surrogacy & plan a second child (which turned out to be twins). Matt must have really liked Simon to jump straight into a relationship where he instantly became a parent.

by Anonymousreply 426January 23, 2024 7:11 PM

the twins came three years after kit, rght?

by Anonymousreply 427January 24, 2024 1:28 AM

Has Matt's DNA been passed on at all?

by Anonymousreply 428January 24, 2024 9:00 AM

R428 I hope so. walker seems most like matt but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 429January 24, 2024 11:15 AM

So, at least the first born came from Simon’s swimmers?

by Anonymousreply 430January 24, 2024 1:02 PM

The surrogate mother must have been blonde.

by Anonymousreply 431January 24, 2024 1:03 PM

I am just watching E1.

I had no idea deer in the headlights Matt Bomer could play a butch top, convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 432January 24, 2024 4:41 PM

SPOILER ALERT, R432

Matt bottoms E 8.

by Anonymousreply 433January 24, 2024 5:00 PM

Is Bomer cheating his voice or is that rough, gravelly voice in this how he actually sounds. To be honest, I've never seen him in anything else.

by Anonymousreply 434January 24, 2024 5:21 PM

He's giving me Mitt Romneyy realness in the aged parts.

by Anonymousreply 435January 24, 2024 6:15 PM

He's a smoker r434. Like 90% of actors are.

by Anonymousreply 436January 24, 2024 6:33 PM

R436, A fine example for the three children.

by Anonymousreply 437January 24, 2024 7:36 PM

Is he? He doesn’t have a gravelly voice in real life. He’s extremely softly spoken.

by Anonymousreply 438January 24, 2024 8:07 PM

r437 is a finger wagging scold.

by Anonymousreply 439January 24, 2024 8:10 PM

[quote] Has Matt's DNA been passed on at all?

Simon is the biological father of their sons. I don't know if his DNA was otherwise passed on, but trust me, I'll be among the first to know.

by Anonymousreply 440January 24, 2024 8:15 PM

Matt Bomer can pass his DNA straight into my mouth.

by Anonymousreply 441January 24, 2024 8:16 PM

R440, So, their last name is Halls?

by Anonymousreply 442January 24, 2024 9:16 PM

Bomer-Halls. Matt has shared that bit of info a few times. Just because you aren’t biologically related to your kids, doesn’t mean you aren’t their parents. Both my children are adopted, neither my husband or I share their DNA but we are 100% their parents.

by Anonymousreply 443January 24, 2024 9:44 PM

R438 Matt Bomer has a very annoying acting tic. He lowers his voice register when he acts and he swallows his words. I had assumed he was doing it for straight roles to sound butch but there was no need for it in Fellow travelers. What would be the point?

He doesn’t even sound particularly gay when he talks. I DK what is motivation is. Swallowing words annoys the hell out of me.

Bomer fathered one of twins. It looks exactly him.

by Anonymousreply 444January 24, 2024 11:34 PM

R444, How can you father just one of a pair of twins?

by Anonymousreply 445January 25, 2024 12:07 AM

R428 - Hope so! Would be such a waste to not pass on Matt's genes.

by Anonymousreply 446January 25, 2024 12:46 AM

R445 - Fraternal twins - (Matt's sperm + egg) + (Simon's sperm + egg) ---> put both (2 fertilized) eggs back in surrogate = BAM! Ftwins (1 by Matt/1 by Simon).

by Anonymousreply 447January 25, 2024 12:52 AM

I liked him in Fellow Travelers; he's certainly seen a lot change over the years; rumored to have lost Superman over being gay and now he can have sex onscreen in FT.

The scene where he's got his hand over the other guy's mouth and you can tell that the other guy shot and Matt's character has this 'Whoa, BUDDY! That was a LOT you just shot!" look on his face.

Can't believe they got that on-screen.

by Anonymousreply 448January 25, 2024 1:03 AM

You cannot lose Superman for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 449January 25, 2024 1:07 AM

It was the shot where he licked his hand kinda got me.

by Anonymousreply 450January 25, 2024 1:08 AM

R449, "out of closet" gay - yes, you can! Hence, "H...a stranger's" closet.

by Anonymousreply 451January 25, 2024 1:17 AM

R448, The threesome at the beach house with Hawk, Skippy and Craig was hot.

by Anonymousreply 452January 25, 2024 1:19 AM

R434

It's called "acting" not "cheating his voice" whatever that means

he is a much better actor than DL likes to give him credit for

by Anonymousreply 453January 25, 2024 1:34 AM

Oh, R453, I doubt the post hurt his feelings, I don't know why it hurt yours.

by Anonymousreply 454January 25, 2024 1:38 AM

R447, Mamma mia!

by Anonymousreply 455January 25, 2024 2:00 AM

The scene in Episode 8 where Hawk is nuzzling Tim/Skippy and whispers "I want you to fuck me" was so sensual.

by Anonymousreply 456January 25, 2024 2:06 AM

Matt Bomer was not openly gay when he auditioned for Superman. He was a soap opera actor who talked about dating girls in press clippings. Had he been selected, he would have simply gone into the closet.

by Anonymousreply 457January 25, 2024 2:57 AM

R434

it's called acting

by Anonymousreply 458January 25, 2024 3:38 AM

Yeah, R458, you said that once already. You're called weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 459January 25, 2024 3:40 AM

R444

The point was that Hawk was trying to hide his sexuality? How could you miss such an obvious thing? One of the actual tests he was put through was walking and the other was reading a passage. If he had sounded feminine he would have been caught out. Obviously he had to play up his masculinity by speaking in a lower register.

Sometimes the trolls here are so dumb.

by Anonymousreply 460January 25, 2024 3:41 AM

R457 I have wondered about that too but I supposed the pics of him kissing his ex were already on the internet so there is only so much they could hide

by Anonymousreply 461January 25, 2024 3:43 AM

R450 That was improvised by Matt

by Anonymousreply 462January 25, 2024 4:01 AM

did matt base hawk on simon i notice that simon calls matt "my boy"

by Anonymousreply 463January 25, 2024 8:22 AM

R462, Were you the production’s intimacy coordinator?

by Anonymousreply 464January 25, 2024 10:22 AM

R460 but Bomer does not sound gay when he talks in his normal voice. He has a very clear, pleasant speaking voice. If he had talked like he does now when he acts, when he first started out, he wouldn’t have had much of a career. He didn’t talk like this in his early roles. It’s a developed affectation.

by Anonymousreply 465January 25, 2024 10:31 AM

Several times throughout the series, the Hawk character is so cruel towards the Tim/Skippy character and yet there are incredibly tender moments between them, as well.

I defy anyone not to become emotional during the final scene at the AIDS quilt.

by Anonymousreply 466January 25, 2024 10:31 AM

I’m over it

by Anonymousreply 467January 25, 2024 10:41 AM

R464 The show's producers mentioned it in an interview. Sorry to disappoint Your Snarkiness.

"You're referring to a moment when, after Hawk gives Tim a handjob and Tim ejaculates, Hawk almost absentmindedly licks his own hand. Was that something you planned out or was that a "grace note"? DM: That's something Matt just did. And when you're directing on set, you ask yourself, Do I praise it? Or will he feel like he has to do it again? Or will he not do it because he feels self-conscious? It was a natural, spontaneous note to hit. He was just being a dirty bird. [laughs]"

by Anonymousreply 468January 25, 2024 11:41 AM

It's ok but after the tension of the McCarthy years episodes, it just kinda slid into a gay soap with all the tropes of the decades. I did like the weird psycho domination angle, that I hadn't seen before in gay storytelling, and I liked Bomer's character's path, it was interesting watching his decline. Bailey's character was exhausting at points. Overall it's fine and it holds you, but it started out much stronger than it finished. I can see why the awards were kinda meh re nominations.

by Anonymousreply 469January 25, 2024 1:55 PM

R468, I just rewatched that scene, and Hawk definitely licks his hand before Tim climaxes in order to apply some moisture to it while he’s jerking off Tim.

If you’re inferring that Hawk was licking Tim’s spunk off his hand, you are incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 470January 25, 2024 2:55 PM

That dancing thing tho.

by Anonymousreply 471January 25, 2024 6:01 PM

I find dying Tim bears a resemblance to an aging Jamie Lee Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 472January 25, 2024 6:04 PM

R470 Oh so the producers and directors are wrong and you are right. Your level of delusion is impressive. Even when faced with actual interview quote.

by Anonymousreply 473January 26, 2024 12:21 AM

R473, Watch that scene again and you’ll see I’m right, you stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 474January 26, 2024 1:50 AM

Like the above poster I keep misreading this thread title as "Matt Bomer is having a movement." It's like every time Matt Bomer takes a shit it's newsworthy to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 475January 26, 2024 1:55 AM

I watched the scene tonight. Bomer does lick his hand to moisten it and again when it's spunky. You can't miss it.

by Anonymousreply 476January 26, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote] I watched the scene tonight. Bomer does lick his hand to moisten it and again when it's spunky. You can't miss it.

You're right, it was disgusting! Seeing my Johnny in those sex scenes made me want to vomit. They were vulgar, not at all tasteful and sexy like "Red, White and Royal Blue."

by Anonymousreply 477January 26, 2024 4:00 AM

[quote] It's like every time Matt Bomer takes a shit it's newsworthy to Datalounge.

The trifecta: an out gay, hated for stability, stealth scat thread. Up there with the right lottery numbers.

by Anonymousreply 478January 26, 2024 12:03 PM

The brief passage in Episode 8 where Hawk and one of the moving men are practically eye fucking each other with Hawk’s pregnant wife Lucy standing right there was classic.

by Anonymousreply 479January 26, 2024 3:31 PM

How old was Hawk meant to be when he met Tim and how old was he when he was a Fire Island chem whore?

by Anonymousreply 480January 26, 2024 4:02 PM

According to the book, r480, Hawk was born in 1925. The main action in the book begins in the fall of 1953, which would have made him 28. So in the summer of 1978, he would have been 53. 'Tim graduated college in 1953. Guessing he was 22 at the time, he would have been born in 1931, making him six years Hawk's junior.

by Anonymousreply 481January 26, 2024 6:11 PM

IRL Jonathan Bailey is 11 years younger than Matt Bomer

by Anonymousreply 482January 26, 2024 6:33 PM

[quote]According to the book, [R480], Hawk was born in 1925. The main action in the book begins in the fall of 1953, which would have made him 28. So in the summer of 1978, he would have been 53. 'Tim graduated college in 1953. Guessing he was 22 at the time, he would have been born in 1931, making him six years Hawk's junior.

Thanks for that. I enjoyed the series and got that Tim was younger than Hawk but not sure how much younger as Matt Bomer's ageing was ridiculous.

Jonathan Bailey gave an interview when he said that Tim as the same age as his grandmother. Tim would have been in his early 50s when he died.

by Anonymousreply 483January 26, 2024 6:43 PM

They were both a bit too old to play their supposedly early 20’s characters really but it really didn’t matter. I take any TV character age with a pinch of salt & a removal of reality! I thought they de-aged MB really well considering his actual age. He looked fairly youthful in some shots. I wasn’t overly convinced by the aging on the show, I thought Matts aging in the 80’s was really well done but they aged him to more like 75 rather than 65! He was SO much younger looking in the 70’s & there was only 7 years between..

by Anonymousreply 484January 26, 2024 7:27 PM

Wait...Bomer's character was in his 20s when he met Tim?! That doesn't seem right. He was so well-established -- big office, two secretaries -- and influential to be that young. I thought he was mid-30.

by Anonymousreply 485January 26, 2024 9:49 PM

Bailey doesn't look 11 years younger, to be honest

by Anonymousreply 486January 27, 2024 12:57 AM

True r486. Bomer and Bailey look like they're around the same age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 487January 27, 2024 1:26 AM

Bomer is already getting a saggy jaw line, which makes him look his age.

by Anonymousreply 488January 27, 2024 1:29 AM

He doesn't have a saggy jaw line, that I can see. He looks a decade younger than 47 or whatever he is now.

by Anonymousreply 489January 27, 2024 1:37 AM

I think he looks a bit older than Bailey. Bailey has a slightly more youthful face. His high energy levels make him seem a bit younger as well. Matt to me could easily be 6/7 years younger though, looks wise. He has a more mature energy though, I always think. Quite serious. I imagine Bailey is the life & soul of a party whereas Matt probably wouldn’t even attend 😂

by Anonymousreply 490January 27, 2024 1:51 PM

R490 he seems to be very well-liked by many people in the industry, he has to be at least a little social

by Anonymousreply 491January 28, 2024 9:07 AM

R491 - hope so, but beauty covers a multitude of sins. Major PR husband does not hurt either.

by Anonymousreply 492January 28, 2024 6:26 PM

Matt’s being honored at this year’s SCAD TVfest in Atlanta. He’s scheduled to receive the THR Trailblazer Award. SCAD stands for the Savannah College of Art and Design.

by Anonymousreply 493January 28, 2024 7:07 PM

R492 he is not that major.

by Anonymousreply 494January 29, 2024 2:03 PM

R494 if you are struck hard by a flying bag of oranges you'll know why.

by Anonymousreply 495January 29, 2024 8:11 PM

free vit c for me

by Anonymousreply 496January 31, 2024 4:32 PM

Matt is obviously flustered by the “daddies” question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 497February 15, 2024 11:39 AM

Is it a senior moment, OP?

by Anonymousreply 498February 15, 2024 12:16 PM

Watch Matt walk away in disgust from the bimbo red carpet interviewer @ 1:05.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499February 15, 2024 3:49 PM

WTF was R499 about? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 500February 15, 2024 4:01 PM

I think she was trying to ask would he take someone to the stripclub with him and would he watch male or female strippers. Oddly worded question and dumb.

by Anonymousreply 501February 15, 2024 4:09 PM

Love it r499. You know he was thinking "what a stupid cunt."

by Anonymousreply 502February 15, 2024 8:37 PM

reminds me of that weird red carpet interview at the globes

by Anonymousreply 503February 20, 2024 8:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!