Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When do you start to listen to Xmas music? 🎄

I listen year round.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2023 10:26 PM

In August I like to listen to White Christmas to help keep me cool

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2023 8:17 PM

The day after Thanksgiving.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2023 8:19 PM

never

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2023 8:19 PM

Off and on all year, but now it's in high gear

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2023 8:21 PM

When they start playing it in buildings.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2023 8:44 PM

It irks me that Most Wonderful Time of the Year has been hijacked by so many non-Christmas tv commercials. I remember when Letterman used to have Andy Williams on his show every year to sing the song. Then letterman moved to CBS and Williams was still under contract to NBC, so Letterman had DarleneLove come out and sing Christmas Baby Please Come Home.

Wow, so much if NBC Letterman just fell off the face of the earth when he moved to CBS. NBC sure knows how to wreck late might tv.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2023 8:56 PM

11/18/23 - KOST 104.3 holiday season started...typically, I listen to Pandora but it was on the radio when I started my car. In Los Angeles - today's forecast 74 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2023 9:00 PM

when we put the tree up, which is usually the 2nd week of December

a local radio station starts playing it on Nov 1 -- I can't with that

let me get through Thanksgiving first, I don't like to conflate my holidays

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2023 9:01 PM

Not till Thanksgiving, otherwise my partner will complain.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2023 9:19 PM

[quote]I listen year round.

Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2023 9:26 PM

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time is my fave

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2023 10:13 PM

Each year beginning on December 26, because this sad and angry world sucks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2023 12:34 AM

Every time my cell phone rings. The singing dogs “jingle bells” is my ring tone and has been all year. I’m too lazy to change it. Please to enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2023 12:42 AM

[quote]It irks me that Most Wonderful Time of the Year has been hijacked by so many non-Christmas tv commercials.

April is the true most wonderful time of the year.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2023 2:36 AM

I don’t and I despise the falseness of it.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2023 2:43 AM

Let's Cozy Up (Put Your Hands In My Muff)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2023 2:57 AM

If I was dictator I would go all pol pot on everything Christmas. Especially the music.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2023 3:28 AM

The 5th of July, the official beginning of the Christmas Season.

Thank the goddess that YT has all those 12 hours of music loops I can put on in the background.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2023 3:46 AM

I listen to this occasionally, but not really at Xmas.

I don’t have any holiday music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2023 7:07 AM

I have a mix tape I save for the first piss and fist orgy of the season, and this year that will be 1 December, Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2023 7:13 AM

r19 makes me want to slash my wrists.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2023 12:22 PM

When I start seeing Christmas decorations, I sing this to myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2023 12:33 PM

When my family turns it on at the family gatherings. I find it so repetitive.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2023 12:43 PM

[quote]April is the true most wonderful time of the year.

Not if you have hay fever.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2023 2:04 PM

never, I am the christmas music, as a musician I make the music, professionally, so I never need or care to "listen" to it

by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2023 2:06 PM

I used to have hay fever, r24, but it didn’t start until August. A friend of mine gets it in the spring, too. Mine disappeared when I moved to NYC. No ragweed on Riverside.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2023 2:07 PM

You're lucky, R26!

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2023 2:11 PM

I have it and it shows up in the late summer. Makes me feel like a real slob

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2023 4:09 PM

how do you listen to music at home? Cds? streaming? how to stream? options? what do I need to buy?

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2023 4:22 PM

Still not listening regularly until maybe a week before Christmas. I'll then listen sporadically on radio. I don't have my own selections to play, as I'd rather listen to the radio stations and maybe be surprised at something different.

As someone above stated, it can be so repetitive.

But I watched some of the NBC Rockefeller Center tree lighting and enjoyed that music with various celebrities singing, and I seem to enjoy that every year.

But I heard a nice Christmas instrumental on a classical music station in Boston a couple years ago which was nice. But it didn't really play any other Christmas music that hour, so never listened again; I don't really care for most classical music, so don't tune in to my local classical radio station Gasp, I know! But I ain't cultured unlike you folks.

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2023 6:00 PM

Under duress

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2023 6:12 PM

I'll stream multiple hours of tracks from YT.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2023 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!