Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This guy "WillSurvives" is cute.

He's a little bit loopy, but he seems like a nice guy. Very sincere.

I've only started watching his channel, but apparently, he lives out of his van and looks for places in remote areas, where he can build a shelter for himself to live, for months at a time.

He once lived on Army Corps of Engineers land for a few months, but he got chased out of there.

Now he claims that this land he's currently living on, belongs to someone on TikTok who gave him permission to live there.

The only problem is that it's at an 8,000 foot elevation, in the middle of nowhere.

I feel bad for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2023 9:46 AM

Where does he shower and poop?

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2023 8:30 AM

The eastern european cabin builders do much more precise, skilled, and intelligent work. This dirty boy seems nice but kind of lowish IQ and lacking in all around skills necessary. He's doing OK, but this cabin may not end well for him. He's so dirty I think he is at risk for infections. Overall, his lifestyle seems like wasted time (in my opinion) during an important part of his life course.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2023 8:44 AM

Is he choosing to live this way, or forced to?

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2023 8:53 AM

I think the younger people see a world around them that is collapsing and it's making them reckless and paranoid, or just hopeless and despairing. Why plan for a future that doesn't exist? We're all going to be nuked soon anyway. Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2023 8:59 AM

[quote] Is he choosing to live this way, or forced to?

He mentions it at the end of the video.

His explanation is "I choose to live this lifestyle because I like to challenge myself with uncomfortable and difficult situations. And I want some 'dad lore' for when I'm older."

Whatever that means. The guy definitely seems a little off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2023 9:07 AM

People like this usually have some disorder that makes them want to avoid public life. I think a key one is avoiding 'proper' employment. To them, the idea of doing an everyday job to get money is scary, yet they realise it's hard to live without a decent income, hence extreme actions to reduce their expenditure as close to zero as possible.

I used to follow a guy online that would dumpster dive to save money. He was an intelligent guy, but he'd dropped out of a college degree course after a year because he "didn't like it". I got the impression growing up seemed too scary and too much like hard work to him, hence eschewing that.

They're mostly doing no harm, though.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2023 9:07 AM

DL eldergays drooling over Gen Z '3s'

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2023 9:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!