Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monthslong of actors promoting films means terrible new men’s fashion trend just becoming evident

There was a thread about OJC earlier but apparently I just saw this with Charles Melton and Cory Michael Smith at the May December premiere

What fresh hell is this.

They all look like those autistic people who wear very baggy clothes because they don’t like the way snug clothes feel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2023 7:23 PM

They are wearing kevlar as you will soon do.

We’ll cope by spending on wearable armor instead of removing guns from nuts.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2023 3:49 AM

It's a halfway point between men's and women's clothing. Most male actors who want to stand out would never go for a full-on female dress à la Billy Porter, so this is the compromise. Get used to it because it's been a trend for some time now.

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2023 4:01 AM

I thought the baggy pants trend was already over.

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2023 4:04 AM

Who’s the guy in the centre of that photo?

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2023 4:07 AM

"It's been a trend for some time," as if everyone is required to wear approved styles no matter how they look on the body. The myth of the quiet beige luxury is particularly ugly here.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2023 4:14 AM

Baggy clothes for men in general are coming back. People like the zoot suit look. George Santos has killed the skinny everything look once and for all. No one's forcing you to put these suits on.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2023 4:55 AM

I didn’t realize this was trend. It s a bold one. A big leap. I don’t like it and I don’t see this catching on with the general public even a little.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2023 5:01 AM

I don't mind a slightly fuller cut, or in ither words a classic style. The skinny barely buttoned suits were laughable.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2023 1:09 PM

R4 I believe that is Oliver of the hirsute Jackson-Cohens

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2023 1:28 PM

guy on the right looks absolutely ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2023 1:32 PM

I think the guy in the middle is the worst. Because the coat was probably completely unnecessary and baggy is one thing, but pants 4” too long is another. Also, the undershirt with chest hair showing.

Clothes that fit properly is real luxury. Which is why brands like Brunello Cucinelli are the 2020’s version of wearing three different items adorned with a polo player. They mark you as a schmuck. Paying more for off the rack than something custom made would cost.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2023 1:43 PM

I have a bad feeling this this trend is being foisted on C-listers (Melton and Michael-Smith) and fledgling B-listers (Jackson-Cohen) who are being told they need to stand out and distinguish themselves. Unfortunately because they are telling multiple people the same thing it just ends up looking like when Lucy and Ethel were tricked into buying Paris "high fashion."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2023 1:49 PM

OP, highly doubt any of those three men pictured give a fuck about what old disabled eldergays have to say about their clothes fitting properly.

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2023 1:51 PM

If they did not give a fuck about what randos on the Internet thought of them, then they would have dressed normally.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2023 1:54 PM

We appreciate the roomy cut.

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2023 2:30 PM

This is fashion vanguard but the mall and department store men's fashion places are still swimming in skinny cut pants, slim fit shirts etc. The truth is most men look stupid in overly tight clothes - it just highlights the flat asses and paunchy guts of the average American male. I think these guys look a bit silly in the other direction, but in general I'm glad men's fashion is (slowly) moving back toward a more generous cut. I'm 6'2/220 and do not enjoy feeling jammed into slim cut pants and shirts.

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2023 2:39 PM

[quote]It's a halfway point between men's and women's clothing.

You mean like the 1930s Zoot suits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2023 2:43 PM

This will never be mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2023 2:47 PM

Zoot suits were tailored and fun-looking, like a 1940s pirate. I'm actually surprised this isn't becoming a fashion trend with Oppenheimer bringing a small 40s revival elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2023 3:38 PM

R17 that photo has a themesong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2023 3:38 PM

[quote]This will never be mainstream.

Yeah not to this extent but cuts will definitely start to get baggier

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2023 3:52 PM

The last time draped suits and baggy pleated pants were a thing was in the 1980s, but today young men are really into showing off the effort they put into their physiques. Will they really want to cover things up with yards cloth?

Anyway, fabric companies love this trend.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2023 4:33 PM

Can we ever forget Bieber at the Grammys?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2023 7:17 PM

My 80 year old mother loves her palazzo pants.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2023 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!