Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Exploring Santa Fe, NM : Can one place have too much adobe style architecture with turquoise accents

Place looks nice from this video but I think I'd go crazy after spending just a few hours there. How can people live there? I think it suffers from a lot of the same things other upscale touristy towns in the US do (Newport, RI I'm looking at you).

What do my fellow DLers think about this place?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2023 10:40 AM

I actually kinda liked it -- but I visited there in 1997.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2023 2:32 AM

I was thinking of visiting in February. How the weather then?

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2023 2:34 AM

I just visited for the first time this year. New Mexico is stunningly beautiful. The area receives enough precipitation to support hardwood trees and flowers but it's still the desert; the contrast between the two is often breathtaking. Go in autumn if you can when the hardwood trees all turn gold.

That being said, Santa Fe is exactly what you said, a bougie town catering to wealthier people from elsewhere. It's not big by any means and the Wild West is right outside town. Rent a car and drive out to Taos, Los Alamos and Albuquerque, which is a fantastic quirky place, like a desert Baltimore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2023 2:55 AM

Visited in 2015, would love to go back. Beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2023 3:07 AM

In Santa Fe all seems to breathe freedom and peace, and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2023 3:18 AM

All houses should look like that, I like it. I’ve got a red tile roof Mediterranean/Spanish style house. It’s easy to maintain. Tile floors and no carpet, yay!

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2023 4:02 AM

[quote] yay!

I’m so happy. I

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2023 10:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!