Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Advertisers leaving Elon's X in droves after affirming Anti-Semitic content.

Disney, Apple, IBM, Comcast, Lionsgate all pulling their ads, leaving X in mass exodus. I am sure this will be great for X stock value. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2023 5:15 AM

At read the endless Walter Isaacson bio of Musk, and he is really disturbed, often in a really unlikable way. Countless people warned him to leave Twitter the fuck alone, but he is way too much of an asshole to comply.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2023 1:56 AM

He's a confusing man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2023 1:58 AM

Being discussed here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2023 1:58 AM

Never been better!

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2023 2:01 AM

R2 He's a racist megalomaniac. Nothing confusing at all. His new pushback against for the "from the river to the sea" tweeters is an attempt to do some damage control.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2023 2:02 AM

I would hate to be his new CEO highered to dump up advertising. But then I heard she was a big time Repug, so not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2023 2:07 AM

Cunt Musk attempting damage control. Fucking hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2023 2:10 AM

He really has gone off the deep end since he moved to Texas. Is there something in the water?

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2023 2:11 AM

There are millions of far-Right Stormfront-type accounts on there and have been for years and NOW theyā€™ve finally decided to pull out? Not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2023 2:12 AM

[quote]I am sure this will be great for X stock value.

You do realize how Musk obtained control of Twitter, right?

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2023 2:16 AM

He has suddenly realized that the revenue loss for Twitter or X or whatever the fuck new brand name he wants to use, won't be just from one or two businesses, it is going to be MASSIVE. So he is back pedaling furiously with some bullshit platitudes, in a bogus virtual signalling attempt to control the damage he made.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2023 2:18 AM

I wish he would just kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2023 2:25 AM

R8

Only his illegal dumping in our rivers. We haaaate him here.

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2023 2:38 AM

At some point r9, you got to know when to fold em. Elon has just finally pushed them to their limit. They realize his behavior and what he did to that platform is not going away.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2023 2:39 AM

Anti-Israel content is everywhere at the moment. Is X different from the rest?

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2023 2:54 AM

R15, are you equating "anti-Israel content" with the blatant anti-Semitic conspiracy theories that Elon M is amplifying by his own words (let alone by allowing it on X)?

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2023 3:00 AM

Cannot wait for Apartheid Clyde to croak.

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2023 3:10 AM

Whatā€™s "from the river to the sea" tweeters, precious? Whatā€™s "from the river to the sea" tweeters?

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2023 3:11 AM

Mama got highered by Mr. Meyer!

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2023 3:12 AM

Yeah, who do they think theyā€™re fooling? Theyā€™ll be back as soon as the bad PR dies down.

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2023 4:18 AM

I've been saying for years now that Tesla, Space-X etc. need to kick him off their boards if they want to survive.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2023 4:37 AM

R20, And there is the rub, it's not going to die down.

Elon does something stupid like this every 3-4 months or so. It's not going to get better.

He's not the only show in town. In fact, he's really a minor player with all the other social media options out there. Advertiser have a big pie to chose from and it's a buyers market. Companies that size spend money on advertising on dozens and dozens of different sources. X is just one of a long list they chose to run ads on. If they drop one or two those platforms, it's no big deal to them. However, It IS A BIG DEAL FOR X to lose that account.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2023 4:39 AM

At least the SpaceX Starship launch went well today.

Oh, no. Wait....

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2023 5:35 PM

The sick fuck is deeply autistic, and legitimately mentally ill.

It's good news for him that his preferred brand of fascism isn't in power today, or else he would've been hauled off to the camps for medical study, hard labor, and eventual gassing.

Instead, he wastes billions on stuff like this and farts out more poorly-named kids than an illiterate NBA player.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2023 5:39 PM

We keep hearing reports of TwitterXā€™s imminent death, but it keeps on chugging along, like the Abe Vigoda of social media.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2023 5:40 PM

[quote]Anti-Israel content is everywhere at the moment. Is X different from the rest?

Ok, so there is something specifically about X. We now know that X was targeted by Media Matters. According to Musk, MM set up an alternate account and then manipulated things to get big companies' ads to appear next to white supremacist material so they could get screenshots to use to get advertisers to drop X.

There's bad stuff on the major platforms, like Facebook and TikTok. I didn't understand before why all of sudden X was singled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2023 5:54 PM

"Thermonuclear" He's howling like a stuck pig. As he should.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2023 6:35 PM

Why did Matthew Perry die instead of this garbage bag addict? I hope the fentanyl fairy pays him a visit soon.

by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2023 6:42 PM

[QUOTE]According to Musk, MM set up an alternate account and then manipulated things to get big companies' ads to appear next to white supremacist material so they could get screenshots to use to get advertisers to drop X.

How on earth can on "manipulate" ad placement? Regardless, I don't see what difference it makes where an ad is placed. If it's on a site, and a company advertisers on that site, then it appears that the company pays money to a white supremacist site. No way to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2023 6:44 PM

I love how Musk blames his advertiser problems on Media Matters taking screenshots racist tweets instead of the racist tweets themselves.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2023 6:49 PM

*of racist tweets

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2023 6:57 PM

[quote]We now know that X was targeted by Media Matters. According to Musk,

If Musk is the only one saying this, we don't "know" it at all.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2023 7:18 PM

Even if Musk wanted to tackle the racist posts, heā€™s laid off most of the staff, so there probably arenā€™t enough people to even begin to tackle this.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2023 7:36 PM

Yet he has enough staff to censor pro-Palestinian comments, R33?

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2023 7:39 PM

[quote] How on earth can on "manipulate" ad placement?

It's well established that Elmo has peculiar, even fantasial convictions about how the internet works.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2023 7:44 PM

Canā€™t he just disappear behind the scenes again? Heā€™s got such a repellent personality. I donā€™t want exposure to this noxious ego.

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2023 9:51 PM

Elon doesn't seem too smart. He moved to a country with free speech and became a citizen. What he doesn't seem to understand is that free speech means you can say things against the American gov't. without repercussions, that's all it means. He also doesn't seem to understand that even though he thinks he can say anything, there are always consequences to ones actions.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2023 10:03 PM

[quote]We now know that X was targeted by Media Matters. According to Musk,

We now "know".

"Targeted" by Media Matters.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2023 10:36 PM

[quote] LOL

LoL! :)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2023 10:39 PM

[quote]Canā€™t he just disappear behind the scenes again? Heā€™s got such a repellent personality.

Donā€™t forget ugly as sin

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2023 11:09 PM

R23

Donā€™t get me started on the SpaceX disregard of critical bird and ocelot habitat in south TX.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2023 11:32 PM

He's wise, though, to avoid the dangers of excessive tanning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2023 11:46 PM

JESUS CHRIST was that really necessary R42? None of us will be able to get erections for weeks now.

As for that fat slug Musk - he's really flushed Twitter down the shitter now. It just needs to die and be replaced asap.

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2023 11:48 PM

Maybe he'll do everyone a favor and go into "Rehab" for a few months- you know for "Image Rehabilitation".

The Silence from his fat mouth would be Glorious!

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2023 12:22 AM

It wouldn't repair anything R44.

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Heā€™s as ugly as sin, and socially retarded.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2023 2:58 AM

It's amazing what his fan boys say. "I have a right to speak and Musk is the only one defending that" Completely clueless that no one has silenced them like they imagine, or that most social media is NOT public space, it's privately owned and business can do what they want.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2023 4:17 AM

There are two streams on Twitter/X: Following and For You. Following shows posts from whom you follow plus a few ads (VERY few now).

For You shows some of the people you follow, some ads, but also other posts that X thinks you should see. Those pasts since about midnight are all rabid right-wing conspiracy posts. "Antifa staged Jan. 6th with the paid-off cops!" and the like. For You is FLOODED with that crap.

THAT is why he bought Twitter, to affect the elections.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2023 11:45 AM

R47

And he isnā€™t defending their right to speak; the US Constitution is.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2023 1:03 PM

I have a theory. I believe in my bones he is on Putin's payroll. I think he paid way too much for Twitter and he was already courting financial difficulties, and he was bailed out with Russian money.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2023 1:15 PM

Yeah,,R47, and what those fanboys donā€™t seem to grasp is that people have a right not to listen to them, or to support their racist, homophobic, misogynistic views.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2023 2:41 PM

makes sense to me

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2023 2:43 PM

Even Cheech and Chong appear to have left the building.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2023 3:48 PM

He's on Saudi's payroll

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2023 4:05 PM

Why would the richest person in the world, possessing obscene amounts of money he'll never be able to spend, get himself beholden to Russians or Saudis? Not saying it's not happening, but if it is, it's a sad commentary on his grotesque greed and megalomania.

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2023 4:10 PM

I think they give him loans. He is greedy, haven't you noticed? He is also mentally immature, seems to have some mental issues, etc.

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2023 4:17 PM

So, let me summarize, Elon practically accused Jewish billionaires of running the modern ideological narrative and to prove him wrong they decided to ruin him by impeding any corporation to work with him anymore.

Girlies, I am confused, it looks like he was right.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2023 4:36 PM

In his fevered mind, R57, and yours.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2023 5:01 PM

R58 but it is written in the article, it is not me claiming that, I said I was confused

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2023 5:09 PM

He's an asshole, get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2023 5:27 PM

[QUOTE]Following shows posts from whom you follow plus a few ads (VERY few now).

If you use Firefox with an ad blocker you won't see any ads.

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2023 5:46 PM

Twitter is better than ever. It now supports freedom of speech, and that pisses leftists off.

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2023 5:52 PM

It's a matter of public record that the Saudis are bankrolling his X nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2023 5:55 PM

R63, I think Vegas is booking odds over how long he has to go until X is bankrupt. The over/under is 6 months.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2023 6:47 PM

R62 = Roseanne

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2023 7:01 PM

[quote] I believe in my bones he is on Putin's payroll.

Honey, get some help. Elon doesnā€™t need money.

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2023 7:02 PM

Elon is simply a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2023 7:02 PM

R66 Elon never uses his own money to bankroll anything if he can help it. He would sell his soul to Putin or the Saudis if they payed for everything.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2023 7:03 PM

R62, yeah. Itā€™s a great place if youā€™re a really angry, hateful person looking to wallow in feces.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2023 7:08 PM

R69, you described r62 perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2023 7:14 PM

How long before Yaccarino jumps ship?

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2023 10:19 PM

[quote] Elon never uses his own money to bankroll anything if he can help it. He would sell his soul to Putin or the Saudis if they payed for everything

His ex girlfriend Grimes/Clare Boucher said in an interview heā€™s an incredible cheapskate. She was laughing about it, but it didnā€™t sound all that funny.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2023 11:01 PM

It's funny 'cause it's true.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2023 11:44 PM

[quote] Northern district of Texas sure is an interesting choice of venue for a corporation based in Nevada and a D.C. non profit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2023 12:11 AM

related:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2023 12:26 AM

I'd quit...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2023 12:46 AM

[quote] Brody filed a defamation lawsuit last month against Musk, the owner of X, formerly known as Twitter. The suit seeks damages in excess of $1 million. Brody says he wants the billionaire to apologize and retract the false claims about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2023 12:56 AM

R77, that's cool. I am glad some people aren't afraid to fight back

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2023 1:06 AM

The suit is laughable. They assert that X has safeguards against fringe content, and yet claim MM was able to subscribe to "manipulate" their algorithms by following known fringe accounts. Which is it?

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2023 1:18 AM

Dnt worry. Elon said today that heā€™s not antisemitic. So thatā€™s that.

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2023 1:23 AM

Keep in mind a lot of the advertisers ā€œboycottedā€ Fox, then went right back to advertising on there as soon as the criticism died down. Andā€¦these advertisers have said they are ā€œpausingā€ their advertisements on X.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2023 1:27 AM

Yaccarino isnā€™t jumping ship of her own accord (though there have been rumors since her disastrous Code conference appearance that Elon will kick her aside shortly).

Sheā€™s a Trumper and, accordingly, doesnā€™t seem to have any moral or ethical compass.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2023 1:28 AM

I give the life of this lawsuit one Scaramucci.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2023 1:32 AM

If you want to donate to Media Matters, here's a link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2023 1:41 AM

There is no lawsuit

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2023 2:15 AM

Yaccarino is a typical Trumpeter, I hope she does stay until the ship finally sinks along with her career. Imaging trying to find another CEO job after the who industry tells you it's time to leave and you ignore their advice and continue to be the captain of the ship.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2023 2:32 AM

Both the AGs of Texas and Missouri.

Mehdi Hasan

[quote] What we are witnessing here is not just authoritarianism (and rank hypocrisy on free speech from the GOP and from Musk) but alsoā€¦ oligarchy.

[quote] The billionaire snaps his fingers and the rightwing politicians immediately go to work for him!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2023 2:45 AM

MMFA has a rich doner list. They'll be able to bankroll any and all court cases. There's no need to weep for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2023 4:09 AM

How many kids does he have so far? I think it's 11.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2023 5:56 AM

It's hard to tell R89, when you name some of your kids after computer generated pass codes, it's easy for them to get lost in the matrix.

How old is little X Ɔ A-Xii theses days? When he has a kid will he name it X Ɔ A-Xii 2.0?

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2023 9:15 AM

[quote]MMFA has a rich doner list.

Rich donor list? Um NOPE. 1 or 2 million is basiclly broke by today's media funding standards. Not when you have people on the right like Alex Jones making over 1 billion dollars off his wacko right wing talk show.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2023 9:29 AM

Re R87:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2023 12:03 PM

According to Kara Swisher, people who know Linda have encouraged her to leave but sheā€™s going down with the ship.

She even brought in her son to handle outreach to Republican advertisers.

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2023 5:22 PM

Elon never made any anti-Semitic comments. This is so dumb. The whole anti Musk propaganda campaign after he bought Twitter, when overnight he became NEW HITLER, is over the top stupid and deranged. People are such fucking sheep

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2023 5:28 PM

Elon is losing it:

"There is a large graveyard filled with my enemies"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2023 5:37 PM

[quote]She even brought in her son to handle outreach to Republican advertisers.

What does he look like?

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2023 5:52 PM

That bloated slug thinks he can actually fight someone? With a sword? OMG, Iā€™m gonna piss myself laughing at this pathetic wannabe.

All the money he has and he lacks an ounce of self awareness, or even a fucking mirror.

He should shut his ugly flap, crawl back under a rock and pray everyone forgets what a vile, pathetic little dicked poseur he is.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2023 6:02 PM

Betty Bowers on Elon:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2023 6:04 PM

Iā€™m not sure exactly what this means or where it leads to, but it somehow seems relevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2023 7:28 PM

Pizza, pizza, pizza!

by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2023 8:36 PM

Heā€™s trying to revive that conspiracy to distract from the fact the GQP is getting their saggy asses handed to them in this off year election cycle, their bloated orange god is on trial and losing, and their dirty money supply is drying up like Madgeā€™s vadge.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2023 5:36 PM

Equal opportunity hater

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 24, 2023 8:01 PM

[quote] Elon Musk in response to advertisers like Disney pulling their ads on Twitter/X:

[quote] ā€œDonā€™t advertiseā€¦go fuck yourself. Go. Fuck. Yourself. Is that clear?ā€œ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 30, 2023 12:15 AM

^.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 30, 2023 12:49 AM

He needs to step away from the ketamine.

But heā€™s got no one to speak truth to him. Linda just carries his bag and tells him how fab he is.

by Anonymousreply 105November 30, 2023 12:57 AM

Creatina!

by Anonymousreply 106November 30, 2023 12:59 AM

Heā€™s such an useless, ugly fucker.

by Anonymousreply 107November 30, 2023 1:03 AM

And fat, too, r107. Donā€™t forget dat and saggy with moobs.

by Anonymousreply 108November 30, 2023 2:01 AM

In case you have low blood pressure and need to get it raised in 82minutes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 30, 2023 2:59 AM

Linda was *in the audience* when he was saying this. She ought to have had a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 110November 30, 2023 5:35 AM

And others have noted that he's high AF and wearing lipstick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 30, 2023 10:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 30, 2023 10:43 AM

Linda put out a statement supporting his comments. Sheā€™s a total fruit loop.

by Anonymousreply 113November 30, 2023 2:30 PM

A great read for those who missed it.

Former colleagues dish on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 30, 2023 2:37 PM

[quote] Many of the fake accounts identified by Meta this week also had nearly identical accounts on X, where some of them regularly retweeted Muskā€™s posts.

[quote] Those accounts remain active on X. A message seeking comment from the platform was not returned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 30, 2023 2:59 PM

Linda is a TOOL! I hope she goes down with the X ship just like everyone who ties themselves to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 116December 1, 2023 5:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!