Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Won the Strikes? Who Lost? A Merciless Assessment

A running tally of who emerged unscathed (or not) during a tumultuous, historic dual work stoppage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2023 11:48 PM

The official SAG response:

[quote] “While I recognize that there are people who have questions, doubts, or even concerns about the contract, I feel very confident that this contract is the absolute best deal that could be obtained in this negotiation, that the protections against the use of AI are very strong, and while they can definitely be improved and will be in future rounds of bargaining, that they provide the kind of core protection that our members expect,” (Duncan Crabtree-Ireland ) said. [bold] “And in recognition of the fact that we can’t stop the advance of technology and can channel that into the right direction…[/bold] .I think our members at large see that there are huge gains in this contract that are unprecedented and that just put us in a position to further advance our members interests in the next round of bargaining and beyond.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2023 11:57 PM

Ultimately, I think this is what it's going to come down to. Once the corporate entities start stealing from each other then oversight will follow and HOPEFULLY that will protect performers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2023 2:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2023 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!