Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zahara drops the Pitt and joins a sorority at Spelman College

Congratulations are in order for Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt—or should we say Zahara Marley Jolie?

This week Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s 18-year-old daughter was officially welcomed into the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority at Spelman College in Atlanta. In a video shared by Essence on November 15, Zahara introduced herself as a new member of the first national Black sorority, with many fans noticing that she omitted Pitt from her name. You can see the video here.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have been fighting multiple legal battles since their 2016 split, including disputes over their winery and custody of their six children: Maddox, 22; Pax, 19; Zahara, 18; Shiloh, 17; and 15-year-old twins Vivienne and Knox. Jolie recently revealed she cut back on her filming schedule seven years ago in order to focus on her children’s needs. “We had a lot of healing to do,” she told Vogue during an interview about her new fashion venture, the Atelier Jolie. “We’re still finding our footing.”

Jolie admitted that she’s also still finding her footing with personal style. “I wonder if I don’t know what my style is because I’m still understanding who I am at 48. I guess I’m in transition as a person,” she said. “I feel a bit down these days. I don’t feel like I’ve been myself for a decade, in a way, which I don’t want to get into.”

Despite her internal battles, Jolie has consistently been seen showing up for her children—whether that entails family red-carpet outings, attending Zahara’s homecoming weekend or bringing on Vivienne as her assistant on a theater project. “They’re pretty great people,” Jolie said of her kids in an interview with People in 2021. “And because there’s so many of them, I think they’ve had a very significant effect on each other. It’s not like I’m the head of anything. I’m very honest with my kids. And I’m very human with my kids.”

She continued, “I have six very individual human beings in my home. I am so excited about all the different stages and feelings and curiosities that they go through. Why wouldn’t you be? We’re supposed to help them figure out who they are. And you can’t figure out who they are if you don’t enthusiastically develop with them.”

Though the actor has said she’s “not a perfect parent by any means,” it’s clear Zahara is proud to call herself a Jolie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2023 2:04 PM

she looks... interesting

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2023 3:39 AM

Regardless of what I think of Angelina as a person, she seems to have done well with her kids.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2023 3:47 AM

I don't think Brad Pitt cares about the snub.

Those aren't his real kids, any way.

Plus, he probably didn't even want a whole brood of adopted kids from all over the world.

To be honest, that little bitch should be honored to carry Brad Pitt's last name.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2023 3:50 AM

Angelina is so fucking stunning.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2023 3:53 AM

The girl is 18, she can call herself whatever she wants. Hyphenated names are stupid anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2023 4:12 AM

“Jolie” is Angelina’s middle name anyway, that she decided to use as a stage name. Her real last name is Voight.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2023 4:14 AM

[quote] The girl is 18, she can call herself whatever she wants

How about calling her parents back in Ethiopia, to help her pay for that damn expensive college she's going to?

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2023 4:16 AM

Out of all of their 6 children, Zahara always seemed like the selfless, loving one. If any of the other kids had dropped Pitt's name, I wouldn't have held that against Brad. However, Zahara? I think something really went wrong and it's not all Angelina's fault.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2023 4:18 AM

She’s very cute. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2023 4:20 AM

[quote] Plus, he probably didn't even want a whole brood of adopted kids from all over the world.

I think Brad did like the idea of adopting kids from all over the world. He totally bought an "international philanthropic couple" life with Angelina. The reality wasn't what he expected. Even with nannies, 6 kids plus Angelina (drama) is emotionally draining.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2023 4:21 AM

It's disrespectful R8, especially considering that Brad still pays child support for those brats.

And he was essentially their father since birth.

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2023 4:21 AM

She's 18?! She looks older than Angelina in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2023 4:23 AM

That’s a little harsh R3. AJ must be getting a mountain of $$ from Pitt to have dropped out of her career. I like Brad much better anyway.

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2023 4:36 AM

Which one is she again?

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2023 4:42 AM

R3, you're gross...

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2023 6:07 AM

Why not a Seven Sister?

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2023 6:40 AM

Is she dating Deacon Phillippe?

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Angelina seems Borderline.

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2023 7:12 AM

[quote] Out of all of their 6 children, Zahara always seemed like the selfless, loving one

Oh yes. You can totally tell by …? And when she does …? That picture of when she …?

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2023 8:54 AM

[quote]Jolie recently revealed she cut back on her filming schedule seven years ago in order to focus on her children’s needs.

🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2023 9:01 AM

[quote] However, Zahara? I think something really went wrong and it's not all Angelina's fault.

Yes, it couldn’t possibly be that the histrionic, highly manipulative parent she lives with poisoned her mind to her ex.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2023 9:03 AM

[quote] She’s very cute.

Ummm, she looks like one of those Progeria kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2023 9:05 AM

R22 DA Show us your face, asswipe. The girl is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2023 9:08 AM

R3 So he's a piece of a shit human being is what you are saying?

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2023 9:09 AM

Should have went to Hillman.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2023 9:14 AM

I have the impression that it is mostly women who are into this multiple adopting all over the world, like Mia, Madonna and Angelina and their male partners just go along (sometimes in not so good way like Woody). In the, not so enthusiastic, passive,ok if it makes you happy manner. After divorce they probably don't stay so close to this childrrn like they do with their own. I don't think that Andre Previn was keeping in touch with Soon Yi like he did with his son.

Probably the same with Brad, he doesn't seem a bad guy and I guess he is nice to and likes Zahara, but I believe he only sees his three children as his own.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2023 9:17 AM

I always feel sorry for Shiloh Pitt who myst be called Pile Of Shit from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2023 9:18 AM

[quote]Plus, he probably didn't even want a whole brood of adopted kids from all over the world.

[quote]I think Brad did like the idea of adopting kids from all over the world. He totally bought an "international philanthropic couple" life with Angelina. The reality wasn't what he expected. Even with nannies, 6 kids plus Angelina (drama) is emotionally draining.

Angelina adopted both Maddox (Cambodia) and Zahara (Ethiopia) before hooking up with Pitt, so I don't think he has any attachment to those two.

Shiloh and the twins, Knox and Vivienne, are his biological kids.

Pax (Vietnam) was adopted in between the bio kids births.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2023 9:21 AM

She was going to pledge Kappa Kappa Gamma at Vassar, but she was handed a broom and led to a dusty ballroom.

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2023 9:22 AM

Marley is her second name...that just seems so lame of Jolie to come up with that, no disrespect to Bob Marley. Remember when Maddox wore Mohawk style hair for about 15 years, starting when she adopted him?

No wonder she pushed for Shiloh to be trans.

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2023 10:53 AM

r22 is disconnected from reality. She wasnt just hit with the ugly stick, she was battered with it.

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2023 11:01 AM

Drop the Pitt!

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2023 11:11 AM

[quote]R26 sometimes in not so good way like Woody

"Not so good way" = interesting euphemism for child molestation

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2023 11:13 AM

It’s funny that Jolier-than-thou is so internationalist yet she gave her child-accessories all these rich white people names.

Yes I’m sure the name Maddox is steeped in Cambodian history.

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2023 11:14 AM

Her daughter is very unfortunate looking which is amplified when standing next to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2023 11:18 AM

R33 I meant his relationship with Soon Yi, who was an older teenager.

If the accusation about Dylan are true he should be locked up for life, but it is hard to comment it, because he was acquitted from accusations.

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2023 11:27 AM

Zahara isn't beautiful or ugly. She looks very Ethiopian and is pleasant looking.

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2023 11:39 AM

R37 talks about a rich young person like she's a homely dog in an animal shelter.

Typical.

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2023 11:44 AM

In many divorces, the parents make the kids choose sides & Zahara is clearly Team Mom, particularly since Mummy no doubt reminded her that she would've grown up in some orphanage, not the height of luxury, if not for her. But if he really is the guy we think/hope he is, maybe once she gets out from under Angie's thumb and gets a wider perspective, she might reach out to him to re-establish some relationship.

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2023 12:13 PM

"since Mummy no doubt reminded her that she would've grown up in some orphanage, not the height of luxury, if not for her"

R39 Well, since you have no doubt that Angelina is doing these terrible things to her own children,it must be true. I'm taking your word for it.

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2023 12:28 PM

Turning 50 is going to be devastating for someone as vain as Angelina. And all the kids will be adults or close to it. I wonder if she will start over?

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2023 12:30 PM

[quote] Should have went to Hillman.

Oh, dear. Should have *gone* to Hillman.

[quote] Angelina adopted both Maddox (Cambodia) and Zahara (Ethiopia) before hooking up with Pitt, so I don't think he has any attachment to those two.

Maddox was the only child AJ adopted before hooking up with Brad.

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2023 2:20 PM

She desperately wanted Shiloh to be trans, but the girl rebelled against it once she passed puberty.

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2023 2:24 PM

"Skee-Wee!"

(My middle sister is AKA, and I must've heard that AKA call signal eleventy million times)

But good on Zahara, I guess. I've never been into secret societies (I'm too INTP) but it's a great way to make connections that can last a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2023 2:32 PM

I'm surprised sororities haven't been cancelled yet. Seems problematic and exclusionary. Also creepy.

by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2023 2:56 PM

I doubt any of the Jolie or Jolie-Pitt brood are well adjusted for a number of reasons including they apparently had no structure growing up. Wasn't that part of the problem with Brad, he wanted them to have bedtimes and not be allowed to eat chips and soda for breakfast, etc. Some Nanny years ago corroborated the story that they had no rules or routine, just ran wild.

I don't find any of the brood attractive. Everyone says Shiloh looks like Angelina but I don't see it except for the lips and I don't find Shiloh attractive male or female, very average. Zahara was a pretty baby but the pretty didn't carry over into adulthood. The girl twin looks middle aged, like Amy Sedaris. The boy twin looks like Shiloh, so ditto what I said there. The two oldest sons are very unfortunate looking.

As for as Zahara not using Brad's name, I doubt he is losing any sleep over it. Seems there are more serious issues at hand with the Jolie/Jolie-Pitt circus. AJ is crazy and I have no sympathy for Brad. Her crazy was well known and he had his pick of any beautiful woman, should have picked a sane one.

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2023 3:02 PM

R46 "I don't find Shiloh attractive male or female"

She's only been a female so far. And you shouldn't find her attractive. She's a child.

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2023 3:08 PM

Oh do fuck off, r47.

by Anonymousreply 48November 17, 2023 3:12 PM

[quote]Maddox was the only child AJ adopted before hooking up with Brad.

Well, yes, if you mean sexually.

This is how it went down:

- "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" filmed in early 2004 and Brad and Angelina had an affair

- Angelina adopted Zahara in January 2005

- Aniston filed for divorce in March

- "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" was released in June and was a smash hit (#7 of the year)

- Brad and Aniston's divorce was finalized in October

- In January 2006, Angelina announced to the world that she and Brad were an item and that she was pregnant with his first child

- Brad adopted Zahara shortly afterward

by Anonymousreply 49November 17, 2023 3:27 PM

I think because Greek life is mostly a southern thing it’s continued on without coming under scrutiny r45. Also, for those that are into that stuff I don’t think they are the type to care about people saying it’s elite and exclusionary. Most would probably be like, yeah I know! That’s the point!

by Anonymousreply 50November 17, 2023 3:34 PM

Sorry, Angelina adopted Zahara in July 2005, not January

by Anonymousreply 51November 17, 2023 3:36 PM

R34 “Zahara” is a white name? “Pax”? You seem stupid.

by Anonymousreply 52November 17, 2023 3:57 PM

Slow news day

by Anonymousreply 53November 17, 2023 4:03 PM

[quote] Show us your face, asswipe. The girl is beautiful

Yeah, no. She'd need a makeover to look this good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 17, 2023 4:05 PM

Wow! I didnt realize Angelina announced she was pregnant 12 weeks after Aniston and Pitt’s divorce was finalized. That is wild

by Anonymousreply 55November 17, 2023 4:10 PM

[quote] Yes, it couldn’t possibly be that the histrionic, highly manipulative parent she lives with poisoned her mind to her ex.

Exactly.

I can only imagine the venom that Angelina is spewing to those kids, about Brad.

He's better off without all of them.

Plus, he seems happy with his new girlfriend.

He's also keeping a much lower profile now that he's on his own again.

Brad is very low maintenance, and no drama.

by Anonymousreply 56November 17, 2023 4:26 PM

[quote] To be honest, that little bitch should be honored to carry Brad Pitt's last name.

Hardly, Pitt is a violent alcoholic and his mother is racist trash. I can understand why the name holds little value to her.

by Anonymousreply 57November 17, 2023 4:30 PM

[quote] [R22] is disconnected from reality. She wasnt just hit with the ugly stick, she was battered with it.

Are you looking at your mirror again, dear?

by Anonymousreply 58November 17, 2023 4:36 PM

I agree R57!

Brad's mother is the real problem here!

by Anonymousreply 59November 17, 2023 5:07 PM

Who's going to be the first kid to make Angelina Jolie a grandmother?

by Anonymousreply 60November 17, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote] Who's going to be the first kid to make Angelina Jolie a grandmother?

Only three of the children qualify.

The rest have no relation to her.

by Anonymousreply 61November 17, 2023 5:50 PM

I think she (Zahara) looks really good in the video. Oh yes, she has her mother's need for attention.

Good luck and G*d bless (I guess?)

by Anonymousreply 62November 17, 2023 5:54 PM

[quote] [R34] “Zahara” is a white name? “Pax”? You seem stupid.

Zahara is a Hebrew name — do many Sudanese girls have Hebrew names?

Pax is a Vietnamese name? Who knew?

Both extremely precious, rich white lady names. You’ve misidentified the stupid person in this conversation, r52.

by Anonymousreply 63November 17, 2023 6:35 PM

R56, You know you don't know him, right?

by Anonymousreply 64November 17, 2023 6:49 PM

Is Zahara the one she insisted on adopting even though there were relatives wanting to look after her? Maybe the birth mother was still alive, therefore Zahara was not actually an orphan?

by Anonymousreply 65November 17, 2023 10:17 PM

[quote] Is Zahara the one she insisted on adopting even though there were relatives wanting to look after her? Maybe the birth mother was still alive, therefore Zahara was not actually an orphan?

No, that was David Banda and Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 66November 17, 2023 10:20 PM

Mommy’s little asshole.

by Anonymousreply 67November 17, 2023 10:34 PM

Really suss that Jolie already had a house rented before the alleged plane incident.

And giving that interview where she said she cried in the shower so her kids wouldn't see it...they can no doubt use the internet!

by Anonymousreply 68November 17, 2023 11:09 PM

R66 Zahara’s mother was alive. There were interviews and articles with pictures of her I’m sure you can find. She looks just like her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 69November 18, 2023 1:12 AM

[quote] Eagle-Eyed Fans Noticed the Gesture Zahara Jolie-Pitt Did That May Indicate Her Real Relationship With Dad Brad Pitt

If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, SheKnows may receive an affiliate commission.

Zahara Jolie-Pitt may be removing part of her name, and this video proves it!

In case you missed it, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s daughter Zahara has been attending Spelman College, and most recently, has joined the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority. Everyone is over the moon for her, but many eagle-eyed fans noticed a detail about her induction video that shines a light on her relationship with Brad.

Essence uploaded the video on Nov 16, showing Zahara entering the sorority with the caption reading, “Ivies Up! The first Black sorority just gained a very familiar face as a member! Congratulations to Zahara Marley Jolie, daughter of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who just joined Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. at Spelman College…”

And in the video, we see Zahara enthusiastically screaming, “My name is Zahara Marley Jolie!”

That’s right, it seems as though he’s dropped the “Pitt” from the name, making her Zahara Jolie.

There have been musings that Zahara and her father are more on the estranged side, especially since he seemed quite shocked about her college news when asked about it in an interview. But as for her mother Angelina? It’s no secret that she’s her daughter’s biggest cheerleader!

The Salt star has been with her daughter throughout it all, from dancing it up at the homecoming weekend to working on multiple philanthropic projects together.

Angelina and Brad welcomed and adopted six children total named Maddox, 22, Pax, 19, Zahara, 18, Shiloh, 17, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 18, 2023 5:18 PM

[quote]Wow! I didnt realize Angelina announced she was pregnant 12 weeks after Aniston and Pitt’s divorce was finalized. That is wild

And Shiloh was born four months after that, in May 2006.

by Anonymousreply 71November 18, 2023 5:36 PM

This kid is UGLY. Wtf happened to her hairline? Angie loves prisoners who are grateful.

by Anonymousreply 72November 18, 2023 6:16 PM

God, so fed up of knowing too much about the non-interesting offspring of celebrities.

This one has the face for a podcast.

by Anonymousreply 73November 18, 2023 6:20 PM

She dropped the P.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2023 2:22 AM

Interesting that Maddox didn't drop Pitt from his name.

And I wonder if Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox are insulted that Zahara has such contempt for their father.

I suspect that there's going to be some bad blood between these kids as they get older.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2023 2:24 AM

[quote] I suspect that there's going to be some bad blood between these kids as they get older.

Kudos to those of the kids who wear said blood in a vial.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2023 2:49 AM

She doesn't look like either of them. I thought the Willis girls got robbed in the looks department but man. ........

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2023 3:10 AM

If he’s no longer paying child support now that she’s 18 maybe her emotionally manipulative mother convinced her to drop her father’s name. It could also be in defiance of a patriarchal society.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2023 3:14 AM

I had read at some point in the last year or so that both of the older boys dropped Pitt from their names

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2023 3:19 AM

Why’s she so tiny?? Angie is only 5’7”!

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2023 3:27 AM

[quote] Her daughter is very unfortunate looking

I have to agree. She looks like what a dachshund would have looked like if there had been one in that Cats movie.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2023 6:00 AM

R81 That makes me sad for dachshunds.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2023 11:14 AM

I believe Shug Avery said it best....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2023 4:35 PM

Shiloh doesn’t look African even though she came from Namibia.

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2023 4:43 PM

Is that where Shiloh dropped out of Angelina's pussy, R84?

In Namibia?

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2023 4:45 PM

Didn't Jolie give birth in countries where the mother isn't drug tested?

by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2023 11:23 AM

Thanksgiving Bump.

Eat a drumstick, Angela.

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2023 2:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!