Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Warner Brothers is releasing clips from "Wonka"

"Funny Little Man."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2023 5:02 PM

"A Good Chocolate."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2023 12:48 PM

"Try one."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2023 12:49 PM

Trailer #2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2023 12:51 PM

This movie looks so much better than the one with Johnny Depp.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2023 12:56 PM

Chalamet's delivery is so low-energy and all the gloss on his lips is distracting.

Hugh Grant is great , but he seems on a lag? Are they still rendering the CG or is this it? Just speed up the movements by 0.1x and it'll look more natural.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2023 12:57 PM

Ok, I’m in.

True, in the clip at r1, the 3 other character actors do the heavy lifting, I’m curious to see if that up to now elusive spark of charisma from Chalamet that seems to be emerging is the real deal.

Or not.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2023 1:00 PM

Poor Hugh Grant in pain looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2023 1:02 PM

I'm not usually a fan of CGI and Special Effects, but in this movie it really works.

The effects give the movie a real sense of fantasy and wonder on a grand scale.

I love it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2023 1:15 PM

show us the Wonka cock, Timmay.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2023 1:43 PM

Will Poulter or Paul Dano would have been perfect and have the chops and credibility to lead huge budget film IMO

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2023 2:17 PM

“Funny Little Man”? Yeah, that was my first impression too…

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2023 2:26 PM

R11: Jeremy Allen White would've been a perfect choice too.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2023 2:43 PM

I like Chalamet but his performances in anything period or fantasy always seem anachronistic.

He can’t help but come off as a Gen Z bro.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2023 3:03 PM

How does it make sense that he has developed a chocolate that makes people fly, if in the original (which takes place years later) he is only just starting to develop fizzy lifting drinks?

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2023 3:53 PM

I'm assuming that they've "reimagined" Willy's history with this movie, R14.

Kind of like they do with every other popular franchise.

As long as the people who own the rights to Willy Wonka consent to the story change, then it's okay for them to change his history.

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2023 7:23 PM

This is the perfect holiday movie.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2023 12:02 AM

Looks terrible. Made for slow children.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2023 12:06 AM

[quote]Will Poulter or Paul Dano would have been perfect and have the chops and credibility to lead huge budget film IMO

If you think that Paul Dano or Will Poulter are more credible as leading men in a big budget production, your hatred for Chalamet has driven you insane. Paul Dano is an oddball character actor who was meant to lead indie movies, and Will Poulter is the perpetual sidekick. They're both good actors, but come on.

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2023 12:18 AM

What a weird piece of chocolate Wonka makes for the Black girl, with the trademark "Elvis" lightning bolt.

I think Timothee will just seem like Timothee in some SNL skit.

But then, the original never interested me enough to watch it, so there's that.

I will say that, reading some quotes (I forget from which Wonka movie), it is a film ostensibly for kids but with sly double-entendres and other adult jokes embedded.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2023 12:19 AM

Kylie’s girlfriend just might win a Best Actor Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2023 12:19 AM

Who is Kylie's girlfriend?

And who is Kylie?

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2023 1:18 AM

Whether it has legs is going to depend on word of mouth and whether or not the kids are that whiny and desperate enough to see it again. If kids are the audience because I have no idea from the trailer. I could see it on opening weekend performing within expectations but then dropping in the subsequent weeks as it gets lost in the shuffle with all the other holiday and family films.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2023 7:15 PM

R20, OSCAR? Are you out of your MIND?!

Do the names Cillian Murphy, Leonardo Di Caprio, or Adam Driver ring any bells with you?!

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2023 1:01 AM

Well people are throwing out that moronic KEN character from that moronic BARBIE movie, as a Best Actor nominee, so if Ryan Gosling can get a nomination, then Timmy deserves one even more so.

Because BARBIE FUCKING SUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2023 3:34 AM

The Bidens are holding a screening of it today in Virginia for military service members and their families.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2023 12:12 PM

Wow, how lucky for them R25.

I wish I could go too!

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2023 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!