Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adam Driver says 'Fuck You’ to audience member asking about ‘Cheesy’ crash scene in Ferrari

Adam Driver shut down an audience member’s question at the screening of “Ferrari” at Poland’s Camerimage Film Festival.

“What do you think about the crash scenes? They looked pretty harsh, drastic and, I must say, cheesy for me,” the audience member asked Driver during the post-screening Q&A on Sunday. “What do you think?”

Driver simply replied, “Fuck you, I don’t know? Next question.”

Driver attended the cinematography-oriented film festival to accept the Special EnergaCamerimage Award for an Actor, as well as introduce “Ferrari,” one of the entries in the Camerimage Main Competition.

Driver portrays Enzo Ferrari in Michael Mann‘s biographical drama, which follows the life of the legendary sports-car magnate in 1957 as his company prepares to enter the Mille Miglia, a 100-mile, open-road motorsport race. Penelope Cruz, Shailene Woodley, Gabriel Leone, Sarah Gadon and Patrick Dempsey also star.

Back in October, Driver spoke to Variety about getting behind the wheel of a modified “open-wheel single seater” for the film, calling the experience “terrifying.”

“It teleports you back to the time and you realize if you turn left or right the wrong way, then you’re dead,” Driver told Variety at the “Ferrari” North American premiere at the New York Film Festival. “There’s at least seatbelts in the newer cars.”

Director Mann had several actors, including Driver, test drive contemporary Ferraris in pre-production.

“I wanted everybody to have an experience of driving these cars on a racetrack,” Mann told the audience at a morning NYFF press conference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2023 4:32 AM

He's quite a cunt, isn't he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2023 12:04 AM

What an ugly cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2023 12:07 AM

He's as insufferable as any of the crop of today's actors. Yet, somehow he seems to have avoided the usual mockery.

Let's just say it now.

Drive is as insufferable as Lens. He's completely bought into his own PR.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2023 12:07 AM

Just for that, I wish the strike was still on

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2023 12:12 AM

Bracingly snarky and direct. Team Driver.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2023 12:15 AM

Way to get people in the seats, Adam!

Tell me again, who hired him?

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2023 12:15 AM

He wants to be the next Sean Penn.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2023 12:15 AM

Good for him. I fucking hate Q&As.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2023 12:17 AM

He’s so fucking ugly.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2023 12:18 AM

R8 - Q&As are part of his job.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2023 12:19 AM

Why are audiences and "fans" allowed to be as shitty as possible, but actors are not supposed to clap back? Good for Driver.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2023 12:21 AM

I would gladly suck him off

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2023 12:21 AM

It's huge. Eat a gummy first.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2023 12:23 AM

How huge, R13?

Do tell.

Are you male or female?

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2023 12:24 AM

the guy had an accent so maybe he meant something else other than cheesy; probably not but Driver could have handled all that a zillion other ways.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2023 12:25 AM

So? The question in the context of the event at which it was asked was meant to embarrass Driver. His choices were to disagree with the question and appear defensive on behalf of the production that hired him, or to agree and embarrass the production and himself by association.

"Fuck you, next question" seems a fair response to being cornered by a question in the form of a statement that only involves the actor inasmuch as he provides the 0latform for the reporter to day the film is cheesy.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2023 12:27 AM

*platform for the reporter to say

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2023 12:28 AM

[quote] Driver could have handled all that a zillion other ways

Exactly.

And the studio should reprimand him for that.

If I were a studio executive, I would expect professionalism from all of the actors who work for and represent the studio.

All it would have taken, is a short and simple "Well I have to disagree with you there, sir" and then move on.

It's just about tact and being professional, regardless of whether the person opposite you is acting like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2023 12:31 AM

He thinks he's indestructible and irreplaceable. So did the likes of James Franco and Jennifer Lawrence. Ask them how that worked out, Adam.

by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2023 12:31 AM

Uppity asshole. He should look in the mirror for a reality check.

by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2023 12:32 AM

R15 I was thinking the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2023 12:33 AM

My standard comment for these “celebrity etiquette” controversies: Who cares??

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2023 12:37 AM

If you ask an ugly man a question, it's reasonable to expect an ugly answer.

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2023 12:37 AM

It’s not hostile as much as flippant

In general questions like that aren’t asked at these q&a’s

Additionally, anyone who has ever dealt with EUROTRASH recognizes the superiority and condescension in the audience member’s voice

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2023 12:44 AM

Who cares? Ultimately it gives him and this movie more attention than they would have gotten if he just answered the question or some other tactful thing. Also who really cares about etiquette this is all silly we're watching a bunch of people play pretend on the screen and acting like it's some high form of art rather than just kids playing with toys and telling stories how does anyone take any of this that seriously.

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2023 12:50 AM

Ugly AND uppity. So attractive in a try-hard actor.

I'm not really sure who keeps trying to foist this asshole upon us, but a pox on them.

by Anonymousreply 26November 13, 2023 12:54 AM

[quote]Driver attended the cinematography-oriented film festival to accept the Special EnergaCamerimage Award for an Actor, as well as introduce “Ferrari,” one of the entries in the Camerimage Main Competition.

[quote]“What do you think about the crash scenes? They looked pretty harsh, drastic and, I must say, cheesy for me,” the audience member asked Driver during the post-screening Q&A on Sunday. “What do you think?”

It's actually a valid question - since the film festival was geared toward cinematography and the question was directly relevant to the visuals of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2023 1:02 AM

Did Adam Driver light the movie or do the visual effects?

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2023 1:18 AM

He's a representative of the movie, r28. if the crash scenes looked shitty, what was wrong with asking him that question??

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2023 1:25 AM

What would be the purpose of asking such a question? It wasn’t a constructive criticism. It was simply a put-down. Is that really something you all endorse someone doing when addressing creative personnel at a festival.? “It looked cheesy” I think I would say “fuck you,” too.

by Anonymousreply 30November 13, 2023 1:35 AM

The reporter was an ASSHOLE

by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2023 1:37 AM

Nah, the reporter was calling out a shitty movie. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2023 1:48 AM

[quote]What would be the purpose of asking such a question? It wasn’t a constructive criticism. It was simply a put-down. Is that really something you all endorse someone doing when addressing creative personnel at a festival.? “It looked cheesy” I think I would say “fuck you,” too.

Well, setting aside that open-ended questions are generally provide a better platform for a discussion, there are any number of directions it could have gone. He could have addressed whether the crashes detracted from the story or character. How the visual effects of the racing impacted pacing and storytelling. Whether the "cheesy" crashes were intentional - and why they weren't cheesy.

He could even have addressed why the question regarding visuals at a festival focused on cinematograpy was not a valid question.

The point is FU is not a valid response just because he was butthurt by the question.

by Anonymousreply 33November 13, 2023 1:48 AM

what r33 said

by Anonymousreply 34November 13, 2023 1:51 AM

He was much more attractive when he played opposite Lens Dunham.

by Anonymousreply 35November 13, 2023 1:52 AM

He's fug, get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 36November 13, 2023 1:52 AM

He's just acting like a real life Kylo Ren.

by Anonymousreply 37November 13, 2023 2:15 AM

This could be Spectrum behavior, but given the near perfect eye contact it’s unlikely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 13, 2023 2:19 AM

R29 Are you fucking serious? Do you know how movies work? Sometimes you people are so fucking stupid I’m not sure why I keep coming back to DL.

by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2023 3:09 AM

^^ and yet here i am r39

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2023 3:13 AM

I remember he responded similarly to an NPR Fresh Air interview format.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2023 4:35 AM

sounds like HE'S a snowflake!

by Anonymousreply 42November 13, 2023 4:39 AM

[quote]Nah, the reporter was calling out a shitty movie. Bravo!

Had the reporter asked the question more tactfully, trying to draw out the actor on some background of those scenes, he might have walked away with some substantive quotes to use in his story.

There's nothing wrong with the reporter calling out shitty scenes or a shitty film, but he should do it in his story, not a showboating question meant to embarrass an actor inclined to prickly responses.

I've liked Driver in some things, not in others. I don't find him handsome or attractive, but don't have the same depth of visceral reaction against his appearance that turns half of you into "take any crumb that falls from the table" school marms horrified by indelicacies, vulgar words, and unprofessionalism.

Ask a shitty question meant to embarrass, get a shitty answer. Next.

by Anonymousreply 43November 13, 2023 5:52 AM

He makes Charles Bronson look hot.

by Anonymousreply 44November 13, 2023 5:57 AM

the reporter doesn't have to ask a question more tactfully.

FUCK OFF. jesus, what the hell?????????

we're doing you a FAVOR to watch your dumbass movie.

Get a goddamn clue. your stupid movies are not a "GIFT."

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2023 6:03 AM

Good for him. People put months of blood sweat and tears into these productions. Effects people work their asses off to make the pictures look great. Then some TWAT has to shit all over it, right to their faces, just to show how extra-discerning he is?

I think he should have run the guy through with his light saber.

by Anonymousreply 46November 13, 2023 6:09 AM

r16 And you think "fuck you" doesn't sound defensive? Also, by answering the way he did, he's just guaranteed an infinite amount more attention to the questioner's comment than it would otherwise have attracted.

by Anonymousreply 47November 13, 2023 6:12 AM

or maybe actually answer the question. if it looks cheesy and not that great, you could actually address that. or really, maybe, just say that you thought it was good.

actors seem so *special* and unable to answer questions these days. why is that?

by Anonymousreply 48November 13, 2023 6:16 AM

Adam is so "ugly" Burberry chose him to rep their newest fragrance line, Hero. Because Burberry has no taste or marketing knowhow and wants to flush their money down the drain.

(exaggerated eyeroll)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 13, 2023 6:18 AM

At best, it seems poorly handled; Brad Pitt or even Tom Cruise would've let that one roll off, with a subtle flip response while putting their big smiles on high beams. Probably the bigger problem for Driver is that the press is now talking about what a sulky asshole he is than talking about his movie (which probaby sucks, which is why he's so prickly)

by Anonymousreply 50November 13, 2023 9:06 AM

R45 = screams “I pay your salary!” when the meter maid gives him a ticket

by Anonymousreply 51November 13, 2023 10:27 AM

[quote] At best, it seems poorly handled; Brad Pitt or even Tom Cruise would've let that one roll off, with a subtle flip response while putting their big smiles on high beams.

Tell me you are a Gen Xer with selective nostalgia without telling me you are a Gen Xer with selective nostalgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 13, 2023 10:30 AM

Reporters aren’t critics.

Using a question and answer period to trash the movie for an audience is bad behavior.

That did, Driver handled it poorly.

by Anonymousreply 53November 13, 2023 10:58 AM

I’d like to see Adam shove all 11.5” of that hard cock into the reporter’s mouth

by Anonymousreply 54November 13, 2023 11:01 AM

R54 ass to mouth, preferably.

by Anonymousreply 55November 13, 2023 11:12 AM

Adam Driver is not conventionally good looking, but he is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 56November 13, 2023 11:23 AM

I'd like to see him play Stanley Kowalski (not that we need another Streetcar revival).

by Anonymousreply 57November 13, 2023 11:25 AM

[quote]This could be Spectrum behavior, but given the near perfect eye contact it’s unlikely.

Autistic people don’t have jobs like this. Next.

by Anonymousreply 58November 13, 2023 11:32 AM

Just out of curiosity, I checked out the reviews (the few out there) and they're mostly meh - not terrible, but not great. And DL unfave Shailene Woodley is completely miscast. So that most likely contributed to his defensiveness & sour mood.

by Anonymousreply 59November 13, 2023 3:52 PM

[quote] Additionally, anyone who has ever dealt with EUROTRASH recognizes the superiority and condescension in the audience member’s voice

All the more reason for him to have responded "I think they're FABULOUS! Next question." He gave the ill-bred reaction that the audience member was trying to provoke.

by Anonymousreply 60November 13, 2023 5:47 PM

[quote] Adam is so "ugly"

Therefore he is wrong

by Anonymousreply 61November 13, 2023 5:50 PM

Adam is ugly-hot.

Females love him, for that reason.

As a gay male, I find him to be attractive in a tall, masculine, and possibly big-dicked sort of way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 13, 2023 6:03 PM

He's especially ugly if you shave away that Farrah Fawcett haircut and realize how enormous his ears are.

by Anonymousreply 63November 13, 2023 6:08 PM

I came here to say what r60 said. That dumb Pollock (or whatever) was trying to get a reaction, and he got it!

by Anonymousreply 64November 13, 2023 10:51 PM

Remember, he's a former Marine turned actor, he's as dumb as a bag of rocks. Give him some crayons to eat and let the adults talk

by Anonymousreply 65November 13, 2023 10:54 PM

R65 Why do you assume Marines are dumb as a bag of rocks? You seem pretty dumb, yourself.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2023 4:27 AM

Gene Hackman, Lee Marvin, George C. Scott, Alam Alda, Glenn Ford, Harvey Keitel were Marines. Not to mention Bea Arthur.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2023 4:31 AM

...and Steve McQueen

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2023 4:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!