Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michelle Phillips, from The Mamas and the Papas, looks much better now.

She was looking ancient a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2023 9:04 PM

Looks better than she sings.

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2023 11:30 PM

This was her a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2023 11:30 PM

Everyone has their housecoat'n'curlers days, r2

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2023 11:44 PM

Bitch is almost 80 years old. She's not going to look young.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2023 2:37 AM

She looks better than me!

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2023 2:40 AM

r2=Edna Turnblad

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2023 2:42 AM

A little hairpiece and eyeliner goes a very long way.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2023 2:27 PM

The part where the two of them sing a few lines together is ❤️. I'm a huge Mamas and the Papas fan.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2023 4:03 PM

Michelle and daughter are delightful.

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2023 4:20 PM

The daughter is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2023 6:11 PM

She had back surgery and lost weight.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2023 6:47 PM

Michelle has a good voice, and it was stupid to have her drowned out by Big Mama. Listen to String Man on Deliver, or her work on the ignored People Like Us. She had the chops, and she and Cass harmonized beautifully, but I think Cass took off as the 'face' and voice of the group, and Michelle got scraps. I don't think Michelle felt slighted, but she certainly didn't hurt the group.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2023 6:52 PM

Oh please. If Michelle was actually talented John would have made her the face PRONTO. No way did he want homely and fat Cass as the female leader.

Listen to "This is Dedicated to the One I Love" for the weakest vocal intro in recorded history. Her talent was in her bedroom skills.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2023 7:44 PM

Loved her on Knots Landing.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2023 7:46 PM

Cass was a born performer, and obviously stood out from Denny and Michelle, who were rather stiff. John Phillips was smart enough to know Cass's appeal. Think of Tootsie, that's kind of the everywoman Cass became. That still doesn't mean Michelle couldn't sing. She sang lead on a few of the New Journeymen tracks you can find on YT, and she blended well with Denny.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2023 8:15 PM

I’ve always liked Michelle. She has always seemed like a really pragmatic, no-nonsense person. She had a very light voice that was often dominated by someone like Cass who could really belt, but those songs still wouldn’t have been the same without her.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2023 8:57 PM

Love her. Read the Vanity Fair piece on her from 2007. You will love her even more. Surreal life with lots of interesting anecdotes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2023 9:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!